Speaker 1: Laura, come on there.
Speaker 2: Hello, Monday is here? High ladies?
Speaker 3: Hi, happy Monday?
Speaker 2: How good? Sorry you guys, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I'm still just say I just just don't worry. Continue. How are you? That's great? I'm great too. I'm well, I'm sure everyone's happy about it.
Speaker 1: Why do we all speak at the same time for the whole show? That's actually harder. I reckon, let's try.
Speaker 3: What do you want to ask us?
Speaker 4: Go?
Speaker 1: I'm just shocked that you both think like turtle neck. You're in a turtle neck brit and Laura is in some sort of boot cleg cow.
Speaker 5: I always thought it was boo cale is I think it's I think it's boogle like I think it's I.
Speaker 2: Don't what we're talking about. It's like that little.
Speaker 5: It's very fancy at the moment because you can get like single chairs that are covered in this material, and like, yeah, it's like a very If you go on to kind of like any rend innovations type show and you see a fancy chair, it's usually got some sort of boogle type texture to it.
Speaker 3: And I'm wearing and I'm wearing.
Speaker 5: A bookle top, but I don't think it's bout clay either anyways.
Speaker 2: You have to we can't start the show.
Speaker 6: And yeah, we're gonna have to get one of those how to pronounce ones.
Speaker 2: Here we go, we've got the answer. Can we play Islay?
Speaker 3: Oh fancy? I'm wearing a blue clay.
Speaker 2: Shirt pictured in her Booklay I'm so glhead.
Speaker 6: We settled that because I'd be going around everyone's saying, do you have any of these bookle chairs?
Speaker 2: King Furniture. I'll pay seven thousand dollars for a Boogle chair.
Speaker 3: You do know you can't take the girl out of Bullergo. You can't take the long gung out of the gir You definitely can't.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show, pick up put down as next We do it every Monday. It's how we start the week on the pick up every week.
Speaker 3: What do you got for us this week?
Speaker 1: Mat, We've got some big headlines. These are the stories that everyone's been talking about this week. Is they're not big? They are not.
Speaker 2: Surprisingly, no one's talking about that.
Speaker 3: Britt.
Speaker 1: It will after week. That's next pick up put down to start the week.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the pickup.
Speaker 1: Let's do it pick up a show favorite you two of the voices on culture in this country. If someone is talking about something in Australia, it's because Brittany Hockey and Laura Burn said it first.
Speaker 2: Baby, you just say Brittany Hockey. I sure did. I wanted to move past it, but thanks for stopping down.
Speaker 6: Because you don't even know your co host and best friend's name.
Speaker 1: I do pick up put down at the big stories of the weekend. I've brought them to you. You decide if we pick it up, carry it on into the week, or put it down, snuff it out and never talk about it again.
Speaker 3: It's my favorite segment. Actually, if I'm going to be on.
Speaker 1: All right, picking up putting down, I'm adding this one on the fly. But it's just hit me because I did it today. I don't know if it's cringe pick up put down, saying pinch and a punch on.
Speaker 2: The first of the month, put it down, pick it up. I love it.
Speaker 5: I'm fine with I've got two kids, and they say and then a flick and a kick for being so quick whatever. It's like a childhood staple. Everyone says it when I mean, maybe not as adults. It's a little bit lame.
Speaker 6: But I have not said it as an adult since i've been if I had kids.
Speaker 1: Baby, it's very you britt at least say Lolcano. You call your dad popsicle stick like that is very brittany.
Speaker 5: It's funny that you think you're above it, but like you could be. No, it just annoys metimes.
Speaker 6: A year that someone pinches you and punches you because because the new month came pointless.
Speaker 2: It is not aggressive. It's a bit of play for Lord.
Speaker 3: Knocks me out. Sometimes she's like big swings.
Speaker 2: For sure, you don't know your own strength. I just added that one in. I thought it was cute. First of joy over On pinched a punch.
Speaker 1: Pick up, put down Disney releasing the movie Frozen to stop people looking into Walt Disney being cryogenically frozen.
Speaker 3: What what put it down? I don't understand.
Speaker 5: I don't know how we're picking this up or putting it down. But also like, surely that wasn't the reason.
Speaker 1: I'll admit this is very personal for me. I'm very into it.
Speaker 5: No, you were googling, you were googling Walt Disney crygenically frozen, and you couldn't find it because Frozen comes up all the time.
Speaker 1: Theory is we all know the old story. This is I don't know, some creep in a basement somewhere. It's a conspiracy theory that Walt Disney, we all know that allegedly his head when he died, they froze his head right in case one day they can bring people back to life with just a head.
Speaker 3: It's it true or is it just an urban legend.
Speaker 1: It's an urban legend, We don't know. Problem is everyone googles it, and Disney didn't want it out in the public domain, and they're like, this is bad PR for us ahead in a frozen box.
Speaker 2: Not good.
Speaker 1: So the conspiracy theory is they wrote and released the movie called Disney Frozen so that when people google Disney Frozen, all that comes up.
Speaker 2: Is the movie.
Speaker 6: To be honest, it actually checks out, and it is something someone as big as Disney would do. Like there are famous people Hollywood people do that all the time when there is like when they're in trouble or they're arrested or whatever.
Speaker 3: I like, push down the pr but I mean it's a pretty big shout.
Speaker 5: To think that you're going to create a movie Frozen and it's going to be like the biggest number one Disney blockbuster of all time. Like that really turned out in their favorite if that's what they were trying to achieve. But it's been the most stream Disney movie like ever.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but even if it wasn't number one, as long as it belonged to Disney would come up into Google search.
Speaker 3: It's genius actually.
Speaker 2: If it's true. Yeah, but I'm still dying to know if his heads in a box somewhere and they're.
Speaker 3: Still sitting across from us with this tin full hat.
Speaker 1: On finally picking up or putting down rollerblading to work.
Speaker 2: It's back in.
Speaker 3: Pie down, but not for me. I would love to see other people doing it. Would be a great pastime to watch.
Speaker 6: Good on them for exercising to work, but it's you're never gonna see me.
Speaker 1: Roll's apparently back. Rollerblades sales are up four hundred percent.
Speaker 5: Like, I have nothing against people who want to do it, but I'm not going to do it either, Like I have no interest.
Speaker 3: What about a segway? Get a segway to work?
Speaker 2: Dangerous people?
Speaker 6: Yea.
Speaker 1: My hairdressers had to stop Haad dressing for a year because she fell off a segway.
Speaker 6: They had to be no, they had to be banned in Paris because people too many people dying on them.
Speaker 5: They actually really don't, but that would just be me on a pair of rollerblades, to be honest, so I would die from that as well.
Speaker 6: Roller Blading is up one hundred percent because of Barbie that scene in barbiere there one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: They're rollerblading through. They make it look cool. There were so many people of the back of that started rolling. How many percent is it up?
Speaker 5: Just okay, no Sorryndredercent, No, no, no, I meant.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent. It's up four hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Because of exciting funny my phone's at fIF pick up put down her crabs as pets.
Speaker 3: Pick it up.
Speaker 6: I was felt passionate about it because I had hermit crabs as pets growing up.
Speaker 3: That were my pets.
Speaker 2: I was in pet Balm the other day.
Speaker 1: I had to get I'm like a dog toy from my dog because he had surgery, and I was shocked at the amount of paraphernalia for hermit crabs.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize they were so mine.
Speaker 3: Didn't get paraphernalia.
Speaker 2: I just went to a box. You can get custom shells with colors on them.
Speaker 3: You can get you know, you can put really and that they can transfer it.
Speaker 5: Mine always died before they transfer I don't think they ever grew.
Speaker 4: You probably didn't give them anything to transfer into, so I did.
Speaker 3: I just think. Look, Hermish crabs did not. That's why they died. Crabs didn't flourish in my company, I did it.
Speaker 2: Anyone had Hermit crabs that lasted more than six months.
Speaker 3: I've still got wine. Twenty second birthday, Franky and Sharon.
Speaker 5: Alright, all right, and look coming up. I want to tell you guys, I recently was gas lid. I was gas lit so hard. But usually when we talk about gas lighting, you think about romantic relationships. No, not in this instance, I was gas lit by a chef. I'm gonna tell you all about it because I'm still mad.
Speaker 2: Cat White, that's next. I'm the pickup.
Speaker 5: Often we talk about gas lighting and relationships, right, like, everyone knows what gas lighting is.
Speaker 2: Explain it. Someone is just working up from a coma.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 5: So an example of gas lighting could be like you tell me, I'm telling you that the sky's blue, and you say, no, it's not, it's green.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm crazy, that's green.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I'm like, no, I'm certain that that's blue, and you keep telling me it's green. In relationships, it usually happens where you say, hey, you did this X y Z maybe they're cheating on you, and they go, no, I didn't, I never was there you're going and they make you question your reality, Like that's the whole idea Olider of gas lighting. Yeah, I think that gas lighting happens all the time. We just don't call it what it is. And I had an experience of it recently and it left me really questioning my reality. So I went to a restaurant the other night with my husband and we ordered lovely manes, lovely entrees, and part of those entrees my favorite, also your favorite brit oss Kill Patrick. Way, they come out nice and warm, crispy, and the shell is hot.
Speaker 1: You kind of get the whole thing in your hand with sea salt. It's like a hot rock massage in the hot rock when you rub it all of your all.
Speaker 5: Right, anyway, look fantastic oyss kill Patrick, What is there not to love? So anyway, outcome o oysters. I'm really excited. I pick one up and I pick it up from the bottom and the shell is cold, right, which I was like, oh, it's a bit weird that.
Speaker 3: The shell is cold. Usually it's hot. Usually it's warm.
Speaker 5: But okay, like maybe it's just they've just blasted under the grill, so just the top is hot and so I woolf it down. The whole thing is cold. The bacon is cold. The whole thing has just clearly come straight out of a fridge, been plopped on top of the oyster, and then been brought out to the table.
Speaker 1: So they've pre prepared them and they've gone to grill them, but they've just forgot their grill part.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't even think they've pre prepared them. I think they've pre prepared the Worcester shear sauce, mixed stuff, and then they've just like put it on top and then brought it out like they've completely missed a step, which is a cooking step.
Speaker 3: Cold oysters kill Patrick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I ate one and then I was confused and I was like, Matt, can you eat this? Like is this meant to be cooked? And he ate one and we all sat there confused for a while. Because we are not the type of people that send food back. I would rather eat something that's raw or gross. We'd ever setting it back. I hate it makes me feel so uncomfortable. Anyway, I was like, do you know what, no that We've got a dozen of these and we can't eat them.
Speaker 3: They're not cooked. We're gonna get salmonella from the uncooked bacon for starters.
Speaker 2: You're thesteria.
Speaker 5: So I go in to the restaurant and I go up to the waitress and I'm like, oh, I'm so I'm so sorry these are not cooked. And she looked at me a bit strange, and she was like, oh, yeah, oysters kill Patrick. I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be cooked. And I was like, oh, actually, I'm positive that they're supposed to be cooked. So she goes, oh, nowheries, come with me over to the chef. So she takes me over to the open kitchen, you know those kitchens that have like it's no window on the chefs sit danning they're doing sea where they put the food, and she takes the oysters over and she goes, oh, excuse me this, this lady's got a problem with the oysters. And I was like, Hi, sorry, Yeah, the problem is that you didn't cook them, and he goes, no, no, they're they're cold and I was like, yeah, I know, I know they're cold. And then he stood there for five minutes and tried to convince me that oysters kill patrick are allowed to be cold, and that they can also be a cold dish. They don't have to be a cook dish.
Speaker 6: It's such a weird heel to die because you can just google it.
Speaker 3: There's like the recipe is google.
Speaker 2: It right now.
Speaker 5: So I ended up walking back to the table with my cold plate of oyster kill Patrick's and I was like, Matt, I'm really sorry that the chef keeps telling us that they're not supposed to be cooked anyway.
Speaker 3: It wasn't until we were leaving that.
Speaker 5: As we walked out, I saw the specials board and it was like oven baked oysters kill Patrick.
Speaker 6: I'm confused, why you accept You knew they're hot. Why did you accept him saying no, they're served cold your entire life, you have them whole.
Speaker 5: I know because he said it so convincingly, and he said, oysters kill Patrick can be served in two ways.
Speaker 3: They can be cold, all they can be just googled it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cooking oysters to an internal temperature of above one hundred and forty degrees actually destroys the microorganisms and it is a public health concern.
Speaker 3: Is this a lie? Are you trying to gaslight me too much?
Speaker 2: I just think there could be two truths here. Maybe maybe that would have.
Speaker 3: A chef on the line.
Speaker 5: Okay, you want to google the bacon bit though? Can that be served cold? Because that's the part that I was more questioned, But.
Speaker 3: Was the bacon? Was the bacon cooked?
Speaker 6: Because quite often they pre cook it?
Speaker 2: And what is this show? The radio show? Well this happened to me.
Speaker 1: I was driving to home the other day after the show actually, and the driver's side swiped me, hit me in the cart, and I went ship and they clearly hit me. We were turning lanes and they clearly didn't want it to get away quicker, so they zoomed out, changed lanes, smashed into my side and I went, oh my god. They went sorry, went in front of me and sped off, drove off, and I went, oh, well they're running away. So I chased them and I went, oh my god. And I saw it was a middle aged woman. I'm like, I can I can pick the battle.
Speaker 6: Now you're in a highway, police citizens arrest, it's not need.
Speaker 1: So I'm driving behind her and I'm waving my hand out the window and she's facing forward. I'm like she, Oh my god, she's trying to hit and run me.
Speaker 2: So at the set of lights, I get up and I go out and I go, you gotta pull over. You've hit me. She pulled her window down a millimeter and you hit me, and I went no.
Speaker 3: I was so shock, well played, granny.
Speaker 2: It was clearly she hit me.
Speaker 3: And I said, she's not Grandma.
Speaker 2: I said, you hit me. Now, you hit me, and the light went green. We stopped. I'm like, no, you hit me. You hit me, drove off. I'm like, so, I get back in my car and I follow her again.
Speaker 3: Why did you write a number of plate?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 1: I wrote another play and we finally pulled over, and she still claims that I hit her, which didn't happen.
Speaker 2: It's in the court of war.
Speaker 3: So so this is the thing.
Speaker 5: I think. It's a terrible way of getting out of something. But if you're in the wrong and you lie convincingly enough, people just accepted it. And I walked away with ten oysters that just sat on our table.
Speaker 3: No them, we've accepted your the pushover. What happened to the science wipe being missed.
Speaker 2: It's currently with insurance.
Speaker 3: So actually you'll be fighting each other.
Speaker 2: She's fighting me saying I hit her.
Speaker 1: If you happen to be around the area of the radio station last week and you've got footage of this, please send it through to you know what's.
Speaker 3: Going to happen.
Speaker 5: You're both gonna settle and you're gonna have to pay your own That's happened to me before. Really, I was one of the last.
Speaker 1: And as cam, we should invent them and many cams.
Speaker 6: Oh guys, Okay, I had a bit of a wardrobe malfunction that I'm laughing about now, but I'm also mortified about when I think back to the moment. So I on the weekend, I went to this like really fancy luncheon at a very fancy place in broad daylight.
Speaker 3: It was very outside a luncheon you go to a lot of lunch.
Speaker 4: She's a la So my house that I live in is like so dark and damp, and there's no natural light and the lights that I do have in the bathroom are like really dark.
Speaker 2: It's not the house sad, it's it's a wet house.
Speaker 3: Well, I used to live in that house.
Speaker 6: Often I will get read in the morning, like my makeup will or get dress or whatever, and I'll go outside and I'll be like, whoa, my makeup's terrible because you can't see no lighting. So I got ready for this event and I was wearing this like brown body suit. It was really figure hugging.
Speaker 3: It was a skim thing, and it was hot.
Speaker 6: It was like sucked me in and I was like, oh, feeling myself like, because that's what bodysuits do, right.
Speaker 3: This sucking, feeling tight, feeling.
Speaker 6: All right, And it was so tight and supportive. I didn't need a bra, which great.
Speaker 2: So I go to the standard with those kinds of things.
Speaker 6: Yeah, pretty standard because that's what they're sort of made for.
Speaker 3: I feel like it doesn't matter what the what the attire is. You rarely wear a bra.
Speaker 5: Ham right now, you can see her nipples, right, they're all natural too.
Speaker 2: You can see nipples.
Speaker 6: Through bras anyway. Anyway, guys, you're sidetracking, So.
Speaker 1: Did you his jaws on the floor because she's got married and to the wrong woman quite clearly.
Speaker 3: No, it's really impressed you're not wearing a bra. They look really nice.
Speaker 2: Can we get this up on the social video of what we're seeing right.
Speaker 6: Now, I tell you my story or my nipples just got hard at wow.
Speaker 3: So because you guys like talking about my poobe.
Speaker 6: I went to this event, took all these great photos and I was walking around with such confidence because I was feeling it. And then I posted a photo, sent a photo to my partner Ban and Ben writes back to me and he was like, did you did you wear that to the fancy luncheon? And I was like yeah, and he's like, but you can see your boobs and I was like, oh, yeah, I don't wear a bra, thinking that he just meant that I wasn't wearing bra and he's like, no, babe, like you boob And.
Speaker 3: I was like what And I went back to the photo.
Speaker 6: My whole the whole shirt is sea through, completely sea through, but I couldn't see it in the light.
Speaker 3: Look at this, Look at the confidence. Look at me the confidence I've got to drink up in the air.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you mean that is full, Aeroli.
Speaker 5: I mean it's great, it is full. And now this is this was full of This wasn't an event.
Speaker 6: This is full of patrons, but they're also photogras so actually paying patreons and I was just walking around with my boobs and I but the fact people must have looked at me being like, wow, the confidence that girl has to have her boobs out.
Speaker 3: You know what would be worse? It would be me.
Speaker 5: Mine just looked like two empty socks with sand in the bottom of them flapping around.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't be spot look down in the middle of my waist. And then was it a flash only situation in the broad daylight?
Speaker 6: Could you see that is not a flash that this photo right now with my boobs, This was just a normal photo, no flash on it.
Speaker 2: And look how I say, your mouth is open. You almost look like hey, titties.
Speaker 3: Three hours And the fact that no one told me means.
Speaker 6: They all thought I made that conscious decision, so now I have to sit in and roll with it.
Speaker 3: That I was just like, yeah, I'm just feeling it.
Speaker 2: Ten If you had a britt moment, did this happen to you? Wardrobe wise?
Speaker 7: So this dates back to my teenage years. I had some friends around and my little sister and I we used to fight like cat and dog. We're best friends now, but she we had just been hanging on her as we did, and she wandered off and went to the toilet and just casually came back out and she had a strip of I'm not exaggerating, probably ten sheets of toilet paper hanging out the back of her pants.
Speaker 3: It was like.
Speaker 7: In a movie scene. It was ridiculous. I was so mortified laugh about it all the time.
Speaker 5: I thought you were going to say, on a shoe, But when it's still connected to the source, that's.
Speaker 3: A real problem. It's still soaking it up.
Speaker 1: Stop one last one, Lisa, what happened to you? Quickly wrap it up for a s wardrobe malfunctions?
Speaker 8: Okay, In my younger years, I was dancing at the nightclub with my friends, strutting our stuff up on stage. Thought we were awesome, my shoes sting strap broke. I was too busy doing the moves, probably to Banana Rama and Madonna, and out came my boob dancing along with me. I had no idea. Somebody that was down on the ground kept pointing at me. I'm like, yay, yay, and then I realized. I was like, oh say, I just want to smile. I was so embarrassed. I wanted to cry and ide but I just had to pull my top, uphold it in place, and keep dancing like nothing happened.
Speaker 3: Again, the confidence