Speaker 1: Got anything good?
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Good morning Patty and Happy Valentines. All right, guys, what are you up to this weekend? What plans have you got? Well?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you guys doing anything Valentine's We are this afternoon.
Speaker 3: My wife actually begged me, She said, please don't book anything. I don't want that, but I I am cooking dinner tonight.
Speaker 5: You know when she says that that she really there.
Speaker 3: Needs to be something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're going bowling.
Speaker 3: So romantic, be fun? What are you teenagers in the fifty something in Midwest America?
Speaker 1: And then we're going to go through one of those diners where they deliver the food.
Speaker 3: Yeah, big thick milkshakes. So why bowling? Do you love to do it together?
Speaker 1: We used to bowl a lot before Gordy was born. We haven't been in years. But he'll come with us, hopefully. I guess we can distract him on the phone.
Speaker 3: Romantic that he's going to put his fingers in the you know, the machine and the stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well a babysitter.
Speaker 4: Oh that is a unless you guys want to watch him.
Speaker 3: No, No, I've got a lot of planning for Valentine's now now I mentioned it. I'm going to be booking stuff soon as I get out the show today. And then, but isn't Bianco better than you? I seem to remember that she played you, smashed.
Speaker 4: You on average, I'm better.
Speaker 1: So when we cuts, when we play bowling, usually what we do is I go for a score of one twenty.
Speaker 4: That's about my average.
Speaker 3: That's fairy, I feel, I feel I've had and you have those those things. That's without the honey stop now.
Speaker 1: And she has a score to beat of one hundred. And then last time, great memory. Somebody's obviously fed you some information.
Speaker 3: Did beat me, so she'll let you win today.
Speaker 4: She won't let me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, good.
Speaker 1: Good healthy competition. She's she's a competitor, Bianca.
Speaker 3: Yeah is she? Ah? Right? And then what do you watch this weekend? Pat?
Speaker 5: I have got a massive mess of weekends. So I've got Brian Adams again tomorrow nights.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, yes, it feels like he was just here do the tid songs.
Speaker 5: And then a really really big day for my podcast tomorrow. I am so excited with you. I'm doing the live show, taking it on the road. I'm so excited and so it's the Bohemian Women's Health Retreat that I'm having a chat too. And you know, I don't want to stand up there for an hour and just talk at the women. I really want it to be interactive. So if you're going, I'm going to have roaming mics and We're going to have a chat and we're going to talk menopause and pause and all the things that.
Speaker 3: If that's going to be and you have the conversation.
Speaker 5: So excited and now is.
Speaker 1: That because you haven't prepared anything You're like, oh, we'll just do a Q and A. Or is that because you actually want to have questions.
Speaker 5: I don't want it to doctor, No, I want it to be open. I wanted to be like girlfriends sitting around at a coffee shop having a chat and just supporting one another and hearing each other's stories.
Speaker 1: And people still get tickets, you can.
Speaker 5: Get date think gets. Thank you for asking, And the website is Bohemiansummer Festival dot com, dot you. It's at Balan.
Speaker 3: Yes you can, Patsy, good luck.
Speaker 1: I'm really looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: You are. Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: We're doing double thumbs up. We're doing this every Friday. We tell about the things we're into at the moment. Patsy, what's it for you this week?
Speaker 4: Look?
Speaker 5: I will touch on the fourth Bridget Jones installment again, Mad About the Boy. This was utterly sensational. I loved every bit about it.
Speaker 3: We massive this weekends excited about it.
Speaker 5: Well cry, you will laugh, you will mostly cry. But in a beautiful way. How they have stitched Colin Firth's character, weaved it in and out of the storyline is just so beautiful, and there's so much deep, meaningful sort of moments in the plot. I heard someone talking reviewing about it a couple of days ago, saying, oh, you know, it wasn't the best Bridget Jones I've seen. You've missed the point it completely. It encapsulates the whole trilogy.
Speaker 3: I want more of this. You like this Tomorrow might come along. Men, welcome the critics credit.
Speaker 5: I even doubt, I even doubt that this person watched it, because you haven't got trash them if you seriously, did you even watch it?
Speaker 3: Have you even seen It's called projection? She's pointing at me.
Speaker 4: It hasn't even seen it yet.
Speaker 5: So Bridget and all the friendship group. You know, you see them up there. It's what is it, nearly twenty five years since the first one. Yes, they look older, we all age, But you know what I loved about it. I thought I looked at them and I thought, you, yeah, they're older. But I feel like I've aged with these characters.
Speaker 3: A lovely way to see it. And those first movies were so funny.
Speaker 5: And I've aged with them and they're just their lives are so rich, and the friendship's even stronger. And there's a beautiful moment and I won't it's not a spoiler alert. I won't tell you, but there's a white hour and the significance of the white owl is just well, I.
Speaker 3: Think we can work out. I got a lot of emails complaining about your spoilering it this week. By the way, all women furious.
Speaker 4: The movie.
Speaker 3: So to stop me.
Speaker 1: I'm afraid you're even talking about the will come out again.
Speaker 3: And also, it's not spoiling it, but there's a white own that you will.
Speaker 4: Kid, no, no, no.
Speaker 5: When you see the white owl, it is just like at the.
Speaker 3: End of Gematic Trick.
Speaker 5: It was like a light bulb moment and I leant over to Audrey, and I said, oh my god, now I know who the owl was and A and Audrey was crying and I was crying. And there's a really tender moment with with Bridget's dad and it.
Speaker 3: Just you know, oh, he's so good, Jim brilliant actor.
Speaker 5: And this got me going sort of at the start of the film because I saw him and I thought of my dad, and I looked and I thought, oh god. You know, life is short and the movie is all about live your life. Don't waste a single moment. And he says to her, Bridget, I want you to live your life.
Speaker 3: You know what you talked about it yesterday, So well I went and I'm surprised at my wife. We're going to go and see it Sunday afternoon. Yeah. Now, I actually went online after you talked about this on the show, so well, methink, I wonder if it isn't it sounds really good. All the reviews were saying they've done the impossible. This is actually a really profound movie. And again, when they get those movies right, it's the perfect mix of heart and laughs.
Speaker 1: I could not know.
Speaker 3: Then she brought tickets and life and off the back of you scenes so deep, and she's fifty one, she's our age now exactly.
Speaker 5: And you touched on we're still talking about this about the illegitimate child, and I said, no, I don't think so, and then on the way home, Yester, oh yeah, actually there was.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: It's a love child, the love bird. If you grow it is a love child.
Speaker 5: Yes, but you'll see when you.
Speaker 3: Say this.
Speaker 4: Going.
Speaker 3: I think this is the white owl moment.
Speaker 5: Child you will you will take all right.
Speaker 3: I am really looking forward to seeing it.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 3: Podcast, Jackie boy, what are you enjoying this week?
Speaker 1: I've got a new app to rival my chess addiction and it's better. You know how word All kind of invented this idea of one clue and one puzzle per day.
Speaker 3: I still got friends of mine doing word All love it.
Speaker 1: The good thing about that is it means you can't get addicted to it and spend like I do, more than an hour on chess every day when it all adds up. This one is the same thing, one puzzle per day. It's called minute Cryptic. Now you know I love my cryptic crosswords. This is an Australian guy who started this so it gives you one cryptic crossword clue per.
Speaker 3: Day, and then oh, I see you're building up as you go along installments.
Speaker 1: You're not even making a full grid, so you're just doing one clue a day, and then you'll give you a brand new one the next day and you get multiple guesses. So even if you're brand new to cryptics, like you can have a go and you will say if you've got letters in the right spot kind of like word or then if you're interested in making if you're interested in how to do cryptic crosswords, because a lot of people see cryptics and just go this is too hard. I don't understand what's going on at the end of each day. He's got a little ninety second video where he explains how the clue works and what each part of the cryptic crossword means.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's a challenge. Yeah, use this time. I want some cryptic daily clues next week your own cryptic people listeners. No, Jennie would love this. What everyone wants some sort of mental easy, quick workout during their day. Now, it's good for our mental capacity, isn't It's like a muscle, Use it or lose it.
Speaker 4: I would love it. Yes, Now what just level do you want them?
Speaker 3: I'm talking more for my sound fair media. I can't do cryptics. I always do that. There's that sort of tea time sort of level. They call it T time teaser section.
Speaker 1: Yes, medium, I would love to make cryptics for the time starting Monday.
Speaker 3: People will love this. Okay, two things that I'm into this week. First one, I didn't know about this Australian story now become a massive show on Netflix. This is a very Australian journalist story, an incredible scandal as well. It's called Apple Cider Vinegar. Oh yeah, you guys will know.
Speaker 4: All about l Gibson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what a story. Oh my god. This will go on to become mart my ways, this will be Netflix season of the year. This is this is year's this year's baby Reindeer, it is. I'm googling it the whole I'm pressing pause and I'm like, this can't be right about the two Australian the Age journalists who blew this big scandal up about a woman claiming to have cancer that didn't have cancer.
Speaker 4: It's a whole lot of money.
Speaker 3: What a huge story, So you guys must remember it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what would have been ten years ago if and.
Speaker 5: When, you know, the big expose and everyone had so much empathy for her, thinking she was genuine Well.
Speaker 3: You know what, you know what Instagram store like to this day, they're all these kind of influences and wellness. As I'm watching it, it really makes you think about what those people in that industry are projecting on you, because everyone wants something. They're looking for something online, some kind of hack or something that's going to get home. Yes, and so, oh my god, it's an amazing story, really really well told and draumatized. It's very original how they do how they're doing it as well.
Speaker 1: So what's the Apple side of vinego? Is that's something she was selling?
Speaker 3: It's a well known like it's no one of those home remedies, isn't it Apple side of vinegar? Oh? Take this, it will get you better. Take a teaspoon off it.
Speaker 1: Every day you boil that stuff.
Speaker 4: I actually.
Speaker 3: It's really good for rereshold level, but not for cats.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I think it's seeking medical help and out if you've got cancer, not Apple side of vinegar. But watch it. It is going to be this year's baby roundwork. It is so good. And the other thing. It actually kept me up late last night, so I was going to just do ten minutes of the next episode. Brilliant new documentaries just landed this week. Surviving black Hawk Down. What a real life story. This is an actual documentary with the people the military that were involved and what it just a catastrophic failure on so many ways. It's everybody involved, a helicopter, pilots on the down plane. The real life story. Obviously saw the movie, yeah you know, produced by Ridley Scott. He's made this real life account. It's all the talking heads who were there talking about it. It is an unbelievable story. And the way they do it. These men that saw so much in the trauma, and so they've got the soldiers, They've got the Delta Force guys, and then they've also got the actual Somalians who were shooting and down the plane as well, talking about it from their point of view, which I've never seen in any kind of war documentary. You only get one side, our side, don't you, the brave war heroes. You never hear the other perspective. I've never seen it before and in any kind of documentary, and it's adding a whole different layer to or understanding. I don't know a bit more of the whole story that went on, not just part of it. It's brilliant. It's called Surviving black Hawk Down. Those are my two recommendations this week for double thumbs up. News on the Way
Speaker 2: Chris you Know'connall Show podcast