Speaker 1: Caylin and brighter. No, you're listening to the question.
Speaker 2: You know Kyl's show podcast.
Speaker 1: It is on amazing scenes. Yesterday, just in a last half on our show, just when I thought the show's done, it's okay. It's the antwork time waste. It's all good and we're talking about the antwork time waste. Yesterday was heavy metal movies because the mum in New Zealand is named three daughters Pantera, Slayer and Metallica. And just as I was sharing this news story, Jack said that, actually, you hear this a lot. It's always a New Zealand paarent.
Speaker 3: New Zealand has the dumbest baby names. The two I could remember off the top of my head with Superman and four rear with the number four, which is terrible, terrible. And then Tom, who's a New Zealand native, kicked off, threw his papers in the air and said, oh, let me show you some Australia stupid baby names.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so this morning this is a situation we have to be.
Speaker 4: In Australia versus New Zealand. True is responsible for the more ridiculous baby names.
Speaker 1: It's time to.
Speaker 4: Settle at Australian Jack Post representing New Zealand producer Tom.
Speaker 1: It's Christian O'Connell's fucking baby name battles. What was that voice of producer Readier. I get the feeling he's done that before the weekend. I don't want to ever hear that in production. And I speak on behalf of radio radio does not want to hear that voice ever again. Reo. Okay, wow, all right. It is on Auscadia versus New Zealand representing New Zealand producer Tom representing Australia, Jackpost, which country has given its children the worst baby names? In a penalty shootout style, I've asked you to bring in the five best examples from crazy and dumb baby names from New Zealand. Yes, Tom, you've got yours from this country, Australia. Okay, guys, we'll do it. Five rounds, round one, Jack, you go first. Best examples, best five examples.
Speaker 3: Now, I'd like to thank you people emailing in with the stupid names that they've seen in New Zealand. Even a midwife who worked on a Mattornity Award in New Zealand said, these are some of the studients I've seen firsthand.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't do his own research.
Speaker 1: Classic no, and mixed in this round already for that.
Speaker 3: Mixed in with my own research.
Speaker 1: Sure, mixed in yeah, really low with the mix your own research.
Speaker 3: The first stupid baby name from New Zealand Mount ros Kill bus stop. Mount ros Kill bus stop.
Speaker 1: That's not that's not person's name.
Speaker 3: That's somebody's name walking around New Zealand right now Mount maybe bus stop to his friends, maybe ross Kill too, but to mum and dad when he's in trouble Mount Roskill bus stop. Stop doing that.
Speaker 1: In the passport everything? Okay, Tom? Had he counter that dumb baby name for New Zealand now to go against Mount Buzzkill ross Stop.
Speaker 2: I've been to the Mount Roskill bus stop. It's lovely.
Speaker 1: That's a place, Oh dear, it's not looking a good case.
Speaker 3: Also, this is a true All mine are real baby names.
Speaker 1: All right, Tom, what have you got?
Speaker 2: I spoke to a friend of mine who's a pediatrician in the home of Bogan's Brisbane and the one.
Speaker 1: That he's gone right to the sauce he's holding five pound Now, wow, well played, sir.
Speaker 2: The most common one that they get. And when I say common, this is a regular baby name. In Brisbane. There are more Caissans born per year than any other.
Speaker 3: Oh no, oh, come on, it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Tom. Your winning round one, He's winning round one? Really cas songs?
Speaker 3: Come there, ca Son's actually a quite lovely name.
Speaker 1: Come on your and if your action was laughter?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Round one goes to New Zealand's Round two guys, Jackie.
Speaker 3: Boy, what have you got a real legitimate baby name in New Zealand? Fish and Chips?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean that? After that? Come on, Tom, do you want to throw the two for this round?
Speaker 2: No? No, I've got one go on them. Born last year in Melbourne, Ladasha spelt la hyphen.
Speaker 1: A that shock.
Speaker 3: That's bad.
Speaker 1: That's bad.
Speaker 3: However, they could be a listener of the show. So would you really do that to a listener of the show.
Speaker 1: They could be They could be listening to the show streaming radio. No, yes, no, yes, what a platform. Well done, always working for the man. Nice plug there for the half platform. That's why his management baby Fish and Chips goes to Jack one all of the moment. Okay, Round three, Jackie boy, what have you got best example of a dumb baby name from New Zealand?
Speaker 3: Hemi Demi semi quaver once more, Hemi Demi semi quaver. Had to look it up what it is. It's a sixty fourth note in music. So if you're if you're on sixty beats per minute, you have to play sixty four notes in a second.
Speaker 1: In my mind, the kind of person that does this looks like Jack Johnson. By the way, you shoot, you couldn't walk into shop anywhere in the world that surf light whatever that genre music wasn't here. It's someone like that, you know. He's got that sort of guitar hanging up on the wall and something and plays it bad.
Speaker 3: I'm going to name my kid after the hardest ever to play rhythm.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Music's in me man, all right, So once more, that baby name is Hemi Demi semi quaver. That the school register every day, all right. Tom Dumboby aimed to counter that from this country, Australia.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Demmy very common name in New Zealand.
Speaker 1: Lovely people, it's Tom's middle name. It's Tom Hemi Demi.
Speaker 2: But you would quite happily meet a monster Galileo here in Australia.
Speaker 1: That's a great name.
Speaker 3: That's actually a powerful name.
Speaker 1: It's a powerful name. If you if you're a nomer like a Marvel movie and you've got Monster Galileo, only greatness is going to come to that person. Monster Galileo is a winner's name. I dream that my parents called me such a majestic name, first name Monster. I might rename myself Monster Galileo. Get production changed to Tomorrow's show from now on.
Speaker 3: So that's a win for New Zealand.
Speaker 1: It's a win for Australia.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, sorry, a win for Australia.
Speaker 1: So two one two one to year at the moment.
Speaker 3: Round four A terrible name from New Zealand. This is real and it actually went into court and the court said, no, you can't have that name anymore. It's too bad.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 3: But for a while this baby was walking had to get involved. Yes, but until school age this girl walked around with the name Ta Lula does the hula from Hawaii.
Speaker 1: It's actually cruel, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tom, please explain.
Speaker 2: I I can't have to concede that.
Speaker 1: I get actually enough, Yeah you wouldn't that one? All? Right? Last round then, guys, I let Tom go first. This time Tom from Australia. A dumb baby name from this country.
Speaker 2: Spelling quite is pretty common as an era in Australian baby names. Forest, which seems like a regular name.
Speaker 1: It's lovely spelt is.
Speaker 3: Is t?
Speaker 1: What? What? Four?
Speaker 2: And a T.
Speaker 3: For st that is?
Speaker 1: That's like heard the one, like the worst rapper name.
Speaker 3: It's like a bad You have to explain every time you tell her what.
Speaker 1: That is shocking? That is ugly, that's bad? Alright, how do you come to that?
Speaker 3: My last grenade of stupid baby names from New Zealand Hobbert Downey Jr.
Speaker 1: That's funny. That's a time wast that's funny. Come on, that's funny.
Speaker 3: I made that last one up, all right.
Speaker 1: I gotta say that. I think it's even both of your countries have come up with dumb baby names. It's too tough to court. Okay, is that fair?
Speaker 3: That's fair enough? Astray, I have worse ones.
Speaker 1: Than I thought we had. Yeah, okay, what do gook? Christian O'Connell Show Podcast