Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast. You're with Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: And there's two types of people in the world, those that entertain and those that observe. That's what Britney Spears said two thousand and seven. She meant it, and she mean, she really meant and she was right Pinopticon state manifest in that woman. There's also two types of people when it comes to dining out or eating out if you will, But.
Speaker 1: We won't get into that. We won't get into that.
Speaker 3: Sony.
Speaker 2: I was at to dinner with some friends the other night, four of us, right, good friends. We go out for dinner every quarter, and I just thought, I'm just gonna pay for the bill this time, not the whole thing, not the whole thing, pay for it.
Speaker 1: Knowing that they're gonna give you the money back, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then it comes to do you want to leave a tip? And I thought, I'm gonna have to because the guy's next to me, and he was very nice and agree to me. So I added another little two dollars, Well two dollar, my man, he'll crumb.
Speaker 3: The ons was hanging out the bottom of your back the last sixty.
Speaker 2: Years gone on it, but it got me thinking, like everyone's gonna have to pay me back. Let's say I did a ten dollar tip.
Speaker 1: Does that?
Speaker 2: Does that go into the corn that they have to pay? Who has to pay for the tip?
Speaker 1: On top?
Speaker 3: I hate this because it's my relationship to tipping and any kind of money or into things that it comes to. Entertainment's nonsensical, right, Even I only started properly, like ordering drinks like alcoholic beverages out to dinner last year. Before then, when the bill would come, I'd split evenly. I don't want to deal with that. Just split it, split it, split split it, babe, Because number one, I like treating people, and if I'm going out to eat dinner with you, I probably like you quite a bit, like we're friends. So I don't mind doing that. However, matching general energy with stingy energy is very interesting because yes, in theory, if we're if we're doing a tip, I mean you pressed the button. It was your decision, so maybe that that was on you, that was the two dollars that was on you. But let's say you're gonna split it four ways, have having to fix your tongue and teeth to say, hey, everyone, just an extra forty seven cents to go on the head, because if we're getting out the calculator, if we're getting out the calculator, it's too much maths for the occasion. If I'm now hearing the paper scrunch has been passed around the table, no, no, but how it is?
Speaker 2: You know it's fifty dollars forty two cents each and I paid for it?
Speaker 1: Do I round down? And do I round up? Do I round down to fifty?
Speaker 3: Splitting it four ways? Everybody owes you twelve dollars fifty and you're paying the extra forty seven cents?
Speaker 1: Yes, I say, well that was quick maths.
Speaker 3: I'm actually quite smart.
Speaker 2: So you round it up though, like you're losing out about twelve cents all over.
Speaker 3: Realistically, though, I think that restaurants should be figuring this out for us, because I've had a couple of weird situations, okay, And I don't know if this is a personal beef I have with man waiters. I don't know what it is, But why am I on dates or hanging out with men? And then you come at the end and say, how are we paying? Everyone? Whose side are you on because because now now we're looking at me, I'm looking at them, and this happens. It's like a three second interaction. But you could have just brought the f POS machine with the bill printed and placed it in front of this gentle king who would definitely be paying if you had not posed the question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a leading question.
Speaker 3: It's a leading question. So now I got to jump in and be like, okay, cool, we'll split. I don't want to do that, and I wanted to masculating. This king to my right doesn't want to split, but unfortunately you've left us no choice. Now eve embarrassed us. We look frugal.
Speaker 1: Let's frival flex into the chat.
Speaker 3: It's disappointing and I don't want to do it. So this is a p s A. If you work at a service based place that involves splitting bills and there is something that looks like could be romantic, put the bill in front of the man.
Speaker 1: Put it down. Okay, I don't.
Speaker 3: Care what you want to say about gender roles in front of the man and we'll talk about it later.
Speaker 1: What about the same sex relationship?
Speaker 3: Put the bill? Okay? This is what you should do if you're not quite sure. Put the put the FPOs machine and the bill dead center, facing left or right, not facing anyone. It's like a standoff. He's gonna grab first.
Speaker 2: Oh I love that.
Speaker 3: Wait, let that let that MARINATEE marinade?
Speaker 1: Yeah, isn't it marinate?
Speaker 2: But meaning to ask you that let that marinate?
Speaker 3: Oh? I guess you marinate with a marinade.
Speaker 1: That's it? Flex and frooms.
Speaker 3: We do have a long Am I the asshole here? But it's bound to be juicy, so as always, comprehension hats on there on listening. Ear is open open? Am I the asshole for turning around in my car when I saw that my boyfriend brought his friends with him to go on a trip with us? Already? Not the asshole. I am a thirty year old woman and I'm dating my boyfriend, let's call him Smith, who's thirty nine years old. Have been dating for eight months. We've been planning to go on a road trip, but it couldn't happen because he kept insisting that we let his two friends tag along. He doesn't want to hang out with you want one? He brought it up again and promised that he won't ask me to let him bring his friends with him, since number one, I'm the one paying for the expenses, and number two it's my car, and number three, I always wanted us to go alone for once without having his friends tag along, and number four, I don't want to pay for his friends. We agreed that I come pick him up in the morning so we could go. I came in my car and entered his neighborhood. However, when I saw him standing outside with his bag and his two friends were also standing there with their bags, I was shocked and furious. I didn't pull over. I just turned around and kept driving and went back home. I saw him running after me in the rearview mirror. He then stopped and started calling me. I didn't respond till I got home. He lashed out on me on the phone, asking why the hell I turned around and left. I told him why now. I told him why and how I didn't appreciate how he basically tried to force me to take his friends with us after I said no already. He called me awful and said that I ruined the entire thing for us and acted immaturely and spitefully. He said I could have just accepted it how it is, But I told him that I would never accept being put in a situation where I'm expected to just suck it up. He hung up after young at me for a few minutes. I called back. We've got no response. WHOA He texted me about how I embarrassed him in front of his friends and is refusing to speak to me until I apologize. Am I the asshole turning around? Or did I make the right call? Can I just say? Is this giving serial killer vibes? Anyone else getting that from him and his friends? Oh? Yes, there's something thing for militia is a foot? Why is why? I just know when I feel it. My spidery senses are tingling.
Speaker 1: It's like a baby.
Speaker 2: It's like you're in the gestational period.
Speaker 3: It's a package deal. Unfortunately you didn't buy it for this, and it's like buy one, get too free. But now these two things have expenses. It's a really odd situation because, like we said before, there's something about those early stages of a relationship where you want to be the ideal partner and by doing that, you present yourself as being the ideal friend to your partner's friends. We get at, we get at, but in this instance, there's something so sinister about wanting to have a one on one getaway with your boo. You're having to pay and drive. We won't get into it different conversation, but your boo insisting that his two friends come along, and then when you say no multiple times, instead of just heating that on the day when you got to pick him up in your car that you pay for to get on a trip that you're paying for, his two friends are just their bags in hand. What do they think is happening?
Speaker 2: I think we said before the break that there is a cereal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want killing, No, something sinister, something sinister for.
Speaker 2: Me, I'm getting visions of Blair Witch project.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And if it's not on that vein of sinister, I just think that while you may think you're doing boyfriend and girlfriend, you are his payday. Like he's just like, I've got a situation here. She pays for everything. She's really down, no problem, just come on this trip. It'll be hilarious. We'll go to this fun place, have a boy's weekend. Yeah, yeah, she'll be there. She'll be there, but she'll pay for everything. And that's what's going on. That's not your boyfriend. You said thirty nine and he's you're thirty. Yeah, and you're paying for the trip. That's not your boyfriend.
Speaker 1: You got the short stick of everything.
Speaker 3: You're babysitting. You have a child that sucks. I don't want to say dump him, but you're not the asshole for sure. But definitely do some stock take because if this feels like the way that you've written this, am I the asshole feels like you're used to this caliber of weirdness, and that's worrying me. This is becoming a regular occurrence for you.
Speaker 2: I love the vision of her driving away and him running up. That's I Oh, I would relish in that. Yeah, I love Thatita flex and fromes flex and fromes.
Speaker 3: Question of the Day? Is Netflix going extinct? Yes or no?
Speaker 2: For me?
Speaker 3: Nop oh.
Speaker 1: And that's not just because you've got stock for.
Speaker 3: Look, a few things have happened in the last I don't know, two years or so, since you know the twenty twenty, let's not go into that. The prices going up. Yes, they've introduced a cheaper option with ads as refining. Is that why we don't have regular TV? Because the streaming ones don't have ads. I don't want to talk about it the options on the actual platform, So so I know there's a catalog of like a bajillion things, but whatever they send to me, it's derivative. It's the same thing in different so I've seen it. And also their heaps of competition last year to do a stock take. You know, you got look at your little statements. Your money is going out. I just start sharing logins, I said, I don't need to pay for my own Disney Plus. Okay, we can collab on this one, babes. And that's what is happening currently with Netflix. They're cracking down on password sharing. They say they estimate that of all the people subscribing to Netflix currently, they're about three to five extra people have access to that one account. Obviously giving back to the community. Now they fear that they're losing out on revenue. Obviously that feels like a no brainer. So what they're proposing is that every month you get automatically logged out of Netflix, and you have to log back into your own Netflix account on your IP or whatever that is with the same IP address, so they know that you are the sole owner and the sole user of that account. But fear not. If you want to share your password, you can for a small fee. What's the fee?
Speaker 1: Listening? You're piscing me off, You're piscing me right off.
Speaker 3: It's you know, we've talked about subscriptions before, which was like an odd phrase to say, but we talked about I think it was BMW who was offering subscriptions to unlock certain parts of your car, like the heated steering wheel, so insane, and like the back lights or whatever. I don't know, but it's becoming more of this, you know. What's that saying? Like, you know, the future of the way we see the world is that you'll own You'll own nothing and be happy. Like the idea of ownership is going to be so dystopian, so such a thing of the past, because now we're paying a subscription to have access to watch these things. We don't own them, we get to watch them. And now if I want someone else to watch them, we're gonna pay again for the same thing that I'm already paying for to watch.
Speaker 1: That's me and my rent And.
Speaker 3: What have I got multiple devices?
Speaker 1: That's what I was thinking. Does your phone have a different.
Speaker 3: Ib because you know she got two phones and a TV Ana Mac.
Speaker 1: You might be going Karen on this one.
Speaker 3: It's hitting a spot, it's hitting a spot. I just feel like, you know, I how do I say it? I just feel like Netflix is forgetting themselves. You're not the only one anymore. We have options, you know, lucky for them. I'm not pirrating. I'm paying my subscriptions. But if I got to do Netflix, Stan, Binge, Disney plus, what else we got thrilled? Whatever? That one ism Fox.
Speaker 1: Tell Prime Prime, that's the one. It's too much, too.
Speaker 3: Bread would but realistically one's got to go, and clearly it's this one that's acting or Karen on us. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. You need to shed the Karen Netflix and remember where you came from.
Speaker 2: I gotta say I love the Pamela doc. But I'm not a massive Netflix user. I'll watch Sex and the City every night. That's a little binge moment.
Speaker 3: These sentences that don't really start or end.
Speaker 2: Nah, I will say, still love Netflix, definitely. This is a bump in the road.
Speaker 3: It's a small bump, but let's acknowledge it now and let's not get out of hand. And I would prefer do everything at once, give me, the price hype, with the prastpert, with the whatever, don't piece milk, don't piece milkau. I'm getting comfortable and then I go back onto my login and I'm like, why am I logged out? You know what's not fun to do? Log in on a Samsung frame. It's not a premium experience. I'm using the remote click click click. It's not sexy. You need the voice to text, truly, but I haven't set that up. Damn, I haven't set it up. It'll change not using any of the smart functions. Do I use the frame of the art? No, I don't want to do that anyway. I've had enough.
Speaker 2: Flex And from the other day, Flex, you post a question on your Instagram. Of course, it was a how do I say a philosophal philosophic philosophical that sounds like me.
Speaker 1: It was a.
Speaker 2: Philosophical question mark with multiple layers, quite like an onion. You are asking, correct me if I'm wrong, whether or not you can still be yourself without your garnishes, without your little seasonings, your clothes, your.
Speaker 3: Jewelry maker, your aesthetic, your genre used to subscribed to visually.
Speaker 1: Yes, And it got me thinking.
Speaker 2: About this phenomena, phenomenon.
Speaker 1: I put it, I put it.
Speaker 2: I put a video up the other day about how Bunning's always when you go to Bunnings need to pooh, and I was saying phenomena throughout the video because I thought it sounded funnier than phenomenon. Then Instagram decides to boost the video, so it's going viral and every man and his dog saying phenomenon.
Speaker 1: It's phenomenon.
Speaker 3: What's the difference?
Speaker 1: Do I look like down?
Speaker 3: I don't think it's something we care about it?
Speaker 2: Seriously, I got shit love, I'm not thinking about phenomena anyway. This is kind of similar to that thing about if you take everything away.
Speaker 1: It's called white torture.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: White torture, which is also referred to as white room torture, is a psychological torture technique aimed at complete sensory deprivation and isolation. A prisoner is held in a cell that deprives them of all their senses and identity. It's particularly used in Iran. However, there is also evidence of it used by the Venezuelan and the United States Intelligence Services.
Speaker 3: Okay, so she's reading from an article.
Speaker 1: And you know, I've never read it before.
Speaker 3: It's the first time she'd seen it Livealen Price, Army Force Corporation.
Speaker 1: No, okay. So visually, the prisoner is deprived of all color.
Speaker 2: Their cell is completely white, the walls, floor, ceiling, as well as their clothes and their food that would cook me. Neon tubes are positioned above the occupant in such a way that no shadows appear.
Speaker 1: Ooh, this is ominous.
Speaker 2: Auditorially, the cell is soundproof, avoid of any sound, voices or social interaction. Guards stand in silence, wearing padded shoes to avoid making any noise. Prisoners cannot hear anything but themselves. In terms of taste and smell, the prisoner is fed white food, classically unseasoned rice to deprive them of these senses. Further, all surfaces smooth, rubbing.
Speaker 1: Them of the sensation of touch.
Speaker 2: Detainees are held for months or even years. The effects of white torture are well documented in a number of testimonials. Typically, prisoners will become depersonalized by losing personal identity for extended periods of isolation. They also get hallucinations and psychotic breaks. Would you survive.
Speaker 3: Up until the point where you said only smooth services. I was like, just get me a doner. I'll go light in the corner in a little ball ma douna on top of my face. But without that, I don't know if I could do it. I need the dona.
Speaker 2: When they said no shadows, that's when it started eating different for me. It would kind of be like living in heaven. That's hell, like a heaven affied hell.
Speaker 3: I just need a visual. I just think it's like, yeah, it's exactly what I was saying before. It's like the absence of all the stuff leaves you with yourself, and that's too much. It's too much to see, it's too much to acknowledge. You kind of need the flavor of color and furniture and aesthetic and vibe to fill in the gap, so you don't have to every day. Shouldn't be that referential. I shouldn't only have to hear my breathing to function. I've had enough. But thank you for sharing that my pleasure. Thank you for reading that article for the first time together on air. It's called white torture. You've got a reference survivor Big Brothers. They've done it plenty of times.
Speaker 1: I've never even heard of it. I just did that right for you. I thought you'd love it.
Speaker 3: I did that right for you.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 2: For more, Tune into cater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.