Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell shoe shoe show. You me ho this new game I learned to play on the radio.
Speaker 3: Pro professional Here. Animals on public Transport, Christian. When I first got my cat, took him home on the train. It was a three hour trip. That's a long type of little cat. They wouldn't let here. They wouldn't let me have him with me in the carriage, so we had to ride up the front with the conductor.
Speaker 4: That's so cute.
Speaker 2: I could hear a sad little meal the whole trail. Great view up there, loove three hours.
Speaker 3: All right, lines are open right now? Nine four one four one four three. Animals on public transport? What have you dropped? And do you have a name where you have to do the old my name as in and then.
Speaker 2: Explain what it is. Let's go to Is it Waquina? Have I pronounced that right?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, so Jaquina? So how do you explain it to people? What is your name as in?
Speaker 4: Okay? I always say my name is as in Joaquin Phoenix. But he added a on the H.
Speaker 2: I think that makes it more complicated. If any of us are honest, who knows how to be spelled jaquin? No one does? Is A three as a q A you and I. It's it's a lot going on and phoenixes. Yes, what did he use?
Speaker 4: So people don't know who he is and they're like, okay, can you spell it? And then I say, okay, j a q because.
Speaker 2: Then you got he was the joke.
Speaker 5: After after.
Speaker 3: It's so complicated, just do what perhaps done and just say my name is.
Speaker 4: Pat Well in the end actually, because people will say, oh, is there a shorter version to your name?
Speaker 6: And then when I spell it, yeah.
Speaker 3: When I moved here for a year, I heard that. I was like, like, what's your name to go christianly go Chris okay and yeah, okay, Now I just go it's just easier you call what we want, yeah Chris, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: How I'll be here.
Speaker 4: Then correct so when I spell it over the phone, because I say waquina. When I spell it over the phone, I go j A and I go, oh, I thought it was w.
Speaker 2: A k I n A what joaquina? Wakanda? And tell me this. I'm curious.
Speaker 3: Now, have you got two ends at the end of your name before the A no, just what gotcha?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: If I have a need to take down your name or know now or meet someone else with your name, or I'm chatting to Jaquin Phoenix, need to book him into reception? All right, thank you very much, of call with any one of our show Beanie hats okay, thank you, Marlin, good morning, Marlin.
Speaker 5: Hi you going Christian?
Speaker 2: Now, Marlin? Your name as in Marlon Brando. Now it depends who you're talking to.
Speaker 3: So I understand him and Pat's word of a certain age. But what about if you're dealing with like a twenty year old, They're not going to know who Marlon Brando is? Now, do you reckon?
Speaker 5: No? No, not really, Like a lot of the time I get confused with the Fish or Nemo's dade.
Speaker 2: I forgot he was called that as in Neo's dads.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and look that that spelt differently, but that's generally what I get away with. And then my last name is McLoud, so it's in McLeod's daughters, not as in like mc cloud ye l e O d.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've got you've got a lot going on with your name as well. You've got to do two as in, haven't.
Speaker 5: You yeah, it's it's it's definitely a trouble in life. I wouldn't say it's the first world problem, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Martin, thank you very much. She called my I have a good day thanks to killing the show. Cheers, counting, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: So your name, as in, what do you say to people?
Speaker 1: Well, our last name has two pronunciations, so if you say it with the original Italian, you could pronounce it like a facial pastor, which is more squetti.
Speaker 5: So who.
Speaker 1: Otherwise, if you say it is Aussie Bergan, it's like the big knife, Michelle.
Speaker 2: That's two wildly different words, aren't they though, Kerm.
Speaker 1: Yes exactly, and people constantly get it mistaken. Otherwise, if you take my maiden name, which is German, it's keeeny. I just say my grandfather, whose first name was Bert, was the person who invented swim with be Keeni.
Speaker 2: That's very clever, theo way you broke it the down actually I impressed.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, A cool no worries, all right, keep this coming. Then, if you've got a name where you have to say us in and you've got some handy go to way of explaining what your name is, and We're so looking for your stories about what have you dropped? And animals on public transport?
Speaker 2: Christian no Connall's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show. Do you have a name? We have to every time you're explaining it to somebody, how to spell it, how it sounds, you have to do, as in you've got to go to Christian. My name is Loats. When asked a spell it, I say, it's like boats, but with an L, not a B. Also, when I was three, my sister was carrying me at a caravan park. She suddenly saw a frog, freaked out, dropped.
Speaker 2: Me on the ground and ran away.
Speaker 3: Wow that is quite she drops you, all right? So on today's show, what have you dropped? Animals on public transport? And do you have a name? As in what do you say to people? Nine four one four one O four three. Laura, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Laura, Good morning everybody. My name's Laura, and I'm Itallian. But it's not spelled La. You are a it's spelled l O R. And I have to explain to everybody it's like Dora but with a L. And everyone looks at me really strange. And then I even get asked, how do I pronounce your name and how do you spell it?
Speaker 2: So Laura.
Speaker 3: I just presume there was only one way I was spelling Laura. So there's a different Italian variation.
Speaker 7: Well, apparently it's a German. It's the German spelling I was told by if I work with children and family told me. The grandmother goes, oh, are you German? And I said no, I'm actually attaining. She said, We're all spelling is spelled how the Germans would spell Laura. So go figure.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know what my parents are thinking, but I think I've ever only had one person in my whole entire lifetime when they've set me mail, have not asked me how to spell my name, and they've actually spelled to lra. And every time I get anything spelled that way, I'm in shock. I work, as I said, with children in the parents. When I get cards, like at Christmas time or a thank you card or something, it's always l A U R A spell l everywhere so they can see it, but no one, no one even knows that. And I actually worked somewhere with they called me for six months Laura.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's nowhere near Laura, is it no?
Speaker 7: And when I left, they said goodbye Laura. And in the end, I just I was sick of telling them that my name calls me Laura.
Speaker 2: That's it. I've done out of here.
Speaker 3: All right, Laura as in Dora. Correct, We've gotcha, all right, Thank you very much, Laura as in Dora.
Speaker 2: That's you cool, Thank you.
Speaker 5: Have a good day, babe.
Speaker 3: I thought we're going to get a few more jobs. Then I think it's Laura as in once I was working with.
Speaker 2: We got a full CV either. We went through that resume. My friend Michael, Good morning, Michael.
Speaker 8: Good morning.
Speaker 3: Good So you've got a story about animals on public transport, I do.
Speaker 8: My parents had an outing of the city and they're at a tram stop waiting to come home. So they had been a good Samara and thought I'd give this lady a hand lifting the pram into the tram and they said that they got it up there, and Mom had a look, and then she had to look again and she starts laughing. It's like you've just given a lady a hand with a cat inside the pram. That my dad turned round. He's like just shook his head like.
Speaker 2: To do still help somebody out.
Speaker 8: Yeah, great, he's a good Samaran. But then he's just like now he's thinking twice when there's a pram when he heads into the city again. So she's like, you've never seen.
Speaker 3: You know, we call out for me once cat and the prams. That's how arrogant cats are. If we're going to town. You got ferry around and would take the tram.
Speaker 8: He was brought back by it. But we're still give him bit of crap about it. So yeah, it's good fun.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: The love it all right, Michael, thank you very much.
Speaker 8: Thank you. Have a good eight guys.
Speaker 3: All right, Rob, good morning, Wrath Animals and Public Transport.
Speaker 6: Yeah, good morning, Christian, Good morning everyone. I was backpacking around Africa and I had to take a taxi. They called him a tattoo in Swahili. Twelve Nairobi up to Mount Kenya. And on the journey, the taxi driver decided to pull over and buy a chicken that I had to buy. I had to hold the chicken for the entire journey.
Speaker 3: It is there's a many questions. So they were they were just selling, like a truck stop or somebody. We're just selling chickens at the side of the road.
Speaker 6: He must have had a regular pullover point where he bought a chicken on a regular base.
Speaker 2: He was a chicken guy. He's around eleven on a Tuesday. We managed to catch him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely So how long did you have to hold the chicken for?
Speaker 6: Well, it's three hours from Mount Kenya.
Speaker 2: What should he start hooping or sort of pecking around, wouldn't it.
Speaker 6: I'm a farmer's son, Christian. I can cope with that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: Sorry, stupid question, which I should have known Rob. All right then, Rob, lovely, Thank you very much, You cool, thank you. A bit testy there though, they're a good so.
Speaker 3: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast