Speaker 1: In twenty thirteen, the front desk at the Cecil Hotel in La got a lot of complaints about the water in the rooms.
Speaker 2: Okay, not for me.
Speaker 1: It had a really off taste, the pressure was really low, and some had even started coming out black before it would then clear up.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't believe that's what water should be. Uh uh.
Speaker 1: Now, the Cecil Hotel wasn't really that high class and establishment, so they've got a lot of complaints. But on these stay in particular, there were so many they decided they'd better go and investigate. Sure, and what they found will make your stomach churn, whether you drank the water or not. Oh my god, because in the water tank on the hotel's roof was a body. Oh my god, that of Canadian tourist Alisa Lamb.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I do know a little bit about this story.
Speaker 1: So what happened to Alisa Lamb? Well, your guest may be just as good as mine.
Speaker 2: My god, Gee, Love, I am excited for you to tell me this.
Speaker 1: It's a mystery in its full sense of the word.
Speaker 2: All right, ready for this? Why say you're ready for this? You're gonna cough in my goddamn place. For Hey there, everybody, welcome to not another crime book. I'm Jammy Peterson.
Speaker 1: I'm a journalist.
Speaker 2: I am not as always. If you want to skip ahead and just listen to the crime story, the time codes are in the show notes below. Gee, when you were reading the intro, I thought you were going to talk about that famous Pooh restaurant.
Speaker 1: Famous Pooh, famous.
Speaker 2: Pooh restaurant, famous poo restaurant Sidney. Do you remember when people were serving up gelato? But it was like, Pooh, there's a famous hotel.
Speaker 1: I don't know this. What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Have I made this whole thing up?
Speaker 1: I hope so, because that's weird. That's a weird.
Speaker 2: I need to get out my cellular phone to find out if this is true or not.
Speaker 1: But there was a Sammy and I did another podcast.
Speaker 2: We have Yeah. Actually we are quite tipsy because we had a Oh my god, can we just say, can you tell us a little bit about this podcast? We had a great time.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to?
Speaker 2: I think so. I think it's really fun that the idea is really fun.
Speaker 1: The podcast I was on today? Yeah, okay, so Sam what I thought you would want to talk.
Speaker 2: About it on googling Pooh Restaurant, Sydney. So I've got other stuff on my mind.
Speaker 1: I was a guest on a podcast today that Sammy is involved with, Yeah, with a wonderful celebrity chef named Adrian Richardson. Yes, and he and Sammy are launching a new podcast And I was a guest on their podcast today and it involves why am I doing the elevator picture? I think it's great.
Speaker 2: I want I want to hear it from you.
Speaker 1: It involves them cooking a meat, well not them, Adrian for a guest, and talking about the meal and the person's relationship with food. Yeah, favorite meals and things like that. And Yeah, we had one.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it was it was really fun and actually got to eat a Are you going to give it a yeah? I think so. Yeah. Well, you know, I've had a few glasses of wine. I think ideas are better after a few glasses of wine. Ah, a beef Wellington and it was actually delicious.
Speaker 1: Our long term listeners, long term longtime listeners will know that I actually went to more Well to cover the guys of Aaron Patterson, the Mushroom Lady, Famous Mushroom Lady, Infamous, Yes, and so Sammy thought would be funny to have me on this food podcast being cooked a beef Wellington.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, and we called it a more Wellington, a.
Speaker 1: More Wellington, and I only ingested it about three hours ago.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: So if by the time this episode comes.
Speaker 2: Out, yes I have perished, yes, yes, yes, yes, but you know what, maybe you haven't and this podcast was never released. Okay, So the headline of this article is eleven years later, no one knows who pooped in this woman's gelato.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I hate this so much.
Speaker 2: On that day, Stephen and Jessica Whye and their three sons went to the Cougi Bay Hotel to watch the Rugby League Grand Final with some friends. At some point, or at more than one point, the Whites complained for the staff about the food, about the restaurant staff, about the price of gelato. One ball was Australian nineteen dollars. One ball do you mean one scoop? One ball? Ball?
Speaker 1: A bowl?
Speaker 2: Bowl?
Speaker 1: Why are you saying bowl?
Speaker 2: Because I say it like that. I'm so sorry, one bowl, bowl bowl, One bowl was au nineteen dollars. About that, and about the fact that they couldn't see or hear the match. It sounds like it was something to do with logistics of the family friendly day. At some point the hotel sent them a complimentary bowl of that price of gelato bowl. This huge bowl of ice cream arrived at our table as sorry for all the hassle, Jessica told the Sydney Morning Herald in late October two thousand and eight. There were four scoops, including vanilla, chocolate and hazelnut. At the bottom there appeared to be chocolate. Greedily, I went for it ahead of the kids, Thank heavens, I did the stench, the taste. I spat the food in the napking to meet the other sick White claim that she had been had a giant bite of human excrement, which caused one of her sons to yell, you made my mumm eat pooh. The hotel offered the Whites three five hundred dollars in exchange for that mouthful of awful of poo. They declined, and the hotel accused them of extortion. What if the incident did happen as claimed, then it may well be an active industrial sabotage, with the hotel as a victim alongside your family. General manager Tony Williams wrote to the Whites anyway, So yes, the New South Wales Food Authority tested whatever White allegedly took from the bowl.
Speaker 1: But after you're saying it really naturally now.
Speaker 2: But other than confirming that yes, it was human feces, stop saying there weren't any other breakthroughs in the case. You mean, while the analysis of a second sample supplied by the complaintant showed weak traces of female DNA, there is no help in determining who may have contaminated the food.
Speaker 1: Did someone shat in a bowl three scoops of ice cream on top of it and served it to a customer?
Speaker 2: Yes? I can't believe you haven't heard of the Koodie Hotel. That's what I couldn't remember.
Speaker 1: I know the Coodie Hotel. I don't know the Coodie Hotel.
Speaker 2: Poo scandal, Yes, the big poo scandal, and not that long ago either. So if any other wonderful people in the world want to tell us more about that case, I would go down.
Speaker 1: I think, okay, this is there has never been a clear assign to me that I'm not a parent.
Speaker 2: Then when you were Boom.
Speaker 1: And you said I ate it before the kids could tuck in. Thank goodness. My mind immediately went to, what do you mean thank you?
Speaker 2: Yes, thank god, I wouldn't so happy I ate the kids. Yeah, I don't want to read the boot anyway. This is way too much poo chat up top. If we didn't mean to start the podcast like this, but this is just how it started. And I guess the people who skipped ahead and didn't listen to this bit very happy with themselves. I want to say, other than you and I are doing this podcast just before and having a few drinks. It is a very hot day in Melbourne today, like boiling hot. We've got the air con on, we've got the blinds down, the blinds that were recently installed in the house, which I'm very excited about, and we're just having a nice relaxed time in the air con. Sorry if you can hear the air con, but we can. We cannot turn it off. It's forty one d it is so hot at the moment. But also you and I have done a lot of podcasts recently and we went, well, I see what you're saying.
Speaker 1: You're trying to you're getting me to say to you, Sammy, you've done a few podcasts recently. Tell me about that.
Speaker 2: No, we did He Read, She Read? The other day we did and it was really really fun.
Speaker 1: Two amazing Australian authors, Pomery and Sarah Bailey. They're both well, they're each psychological thriller writers in Australia. I've read many of their books before knowing they were even Australian or I think actually JP's keyw on that. But they do a podcast together called He Read, She Read, and they invited us on Fantastic and that episode is coming out I believe the same week this episode is coming.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I believe.
Speaker 1: So a post about it. We talk about Truman Capodis in Cold Blood and I'm actually going to do that story as a story, so don't look too deep into.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was, Oh my god, it's fascinating and I love going on that podcast. I also went on Mith Warhurtz podcast The Moment Myth, which was this week. It'll be coming out this Wednesday when you're listening to it. And I was also on another podcast called Plumbing the Death Star, which we've had Jackson Bailey and Joel Zammitt on recently.
Speaker 1: It's about the Joel Zammittt did the episode about the Great and Jackson Balley did the episode about the Shark Arm murder.
Speaker 2: Yes, and one day we will get Jackson back on to talk about the weird thing he said about his hair that he just wished that one day it wasn't curly. No, no, he wanted He said.
Speaker 1: He wished that his hair was curly, and over the next year his hair just turned curly.
Speaker 2: Bizarre.
Speaker 1: And he says this with a straight face.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, looked us in the eye one of our eyes. Can't remember which one of them said that. Don't say four eyes please, it's very offensive to we have four eyes.
Speaker 1: We have six wears glasses everyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you love house your week.
Speaker 1: Bean, Fine, there's really I think that interesting about it. Yeah, there's not that much to say. I'm going back to Tazzy this.
Speaker 2: Weekend and the following weekend.
Speaker 1: And the following weekend both for food and wine festival.
Speaker 2: So good, You're gonna have the best time.
Speaker 1: You're like things Tasmania food and wine.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lon sestin this weekend for my favorite weekend of the year, which is an event called Festivalet. It's a food and wine festival in lawn sestin and this is not non spawn. It's never been spawn. I've never been owned money. For fourteen years now, I've spent my own money in every single year in February to go down to this festival. It's my favorite weekend of the year.
Speaker 2: You love it, You love it.
Speaker 1: I love it. And then the following weekend is the taz Wine Festival in Hoba. Yeah, or as I call it home.
Speaker 2: Is it it a winery or something? What is it?
Speaker 1: The Hobo Botanic Gardens? Oh?
Speaker 2: I had nice. Well that's right in the middle. Oh that's great.
Speaker 1: So if you guys are going to be in in Tazzi either of those weekends at either of those wine festivals, come say hello.
Speaker 2: And why the goddamn hell wouldn't you?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 2: I have a very big week this week. Gee, love because my comedy special the time you're listening to this, if you're listening on the Monday that comes out my comedy special, Why the Long Face, will be out on Tuesday night, Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Morrow, tomorrow, watch your tomorrow.
Speaker 2: A real weird owl in the house tonight. Thank you for saying that weird owl. Weird owl is the today.
Speaker 1: We've got a weird owl, I sang our.
Speaker 2: What would I call your weird out?
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't understand as well as us.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, anyway, my comedy special Why the Long Face, will be out.
Speaker 1: Both of the words you've pronounced weirdly have had the oh you sorry o w L in them. Yes, bowl, you pronounced weird owl. I thought you were saying owl.
Speaker 2: I'm a bogan that can't goddamn talk proper. But I have my comedy special that's coming out on the Comedy of Republic YouTube channel tomorrow's seven pm. I think it'll be.
Speaker 1: Out twenty seventh of January twenty twenty six, So if you're listening to this after that, it is there, and it is the best hour of comedy I've ever seen. And I'm really truly trying to say that without bias, but I think I can like, yeah, it's really good. Even if I didn't know and love you, I just it's so good.
Speaker 2: It's all filmed in one take by the great Brodie Rocker. I love Comedy Public. It's on there, and also as a celebratory thing for tomorrow night, Tuesday night, when this comes out, my old podcast Confessions is releasing an episode God. So that's as a celebration with the great Alexi Toleopolis and Mish Wittrup, who I absolutely love. That's coming out tomorrow's little celebration to say, Hey, I good a special out. Listen to it. So watch it. We'll listen to it. But yeah, so that's that's a fun thing that's happening this week as well. So you know what, if you want to have a week of lots of podcasts and watching my special, I can't think of a better week. I can't think of a better week to do that right now.
Speaker 1: Hey, Sammy, do you know the story of Alyssa Lamb?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: We're in for one. So anyone who knows this story is already going as one of those stories that so many people know, but no one really knows what happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so.
Speaker 1: I'm giving you the preface this week listeners of this is it's not even really unsolved. It's just one of those kind of mysteries. People have different ideas of what happened. It's a bit frustrating because of that. I give you their heads up about that, but full visit a big one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe I've watched a documentary about this a long time ago, and I do know a little bit about the story, but I'm really interested to hear your take on this.
Speaker 1: Jay, are you ready to die?
Speaker 2: I am ready right now. And also just before we do get started, no leave it's a five star rating. Lever Review will do the mail bag at the end of this episode, so you can write in, Sammy it just another company dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: You can follow us on YouTube at where I don't usually say YouTube. You follow us on YouTube, Instagram and TikTok at not another crime podcast. Yes, and you can tell us this week what your who your favorite tennis player is?
Speaker 2: Okay because it's opens happening at the moment. But also yeah, if you want to leave us a voicemail, you can do that all the link below.
Speaker 1: All right, Ge, you're ready for the story?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. Alissa Lamb was born in Vancouver, Canada, on the thirtieth of April.
Speaker 2: Guess what year, nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's Sammy's birthday. That wasn't just a weird guest from him. Her parents had immigrated from Hong Kong before she was born, and they were quite not not like the typical quote unquote tiger parents. But they were very much like you know, she was their baby. They wanted her to do good in the new country.
Speaker 2: What's a tiger parent.
Speaker 1: It's a kind of a term for the like helicopter parents of Asian descent, the tiger parents on the kind of go, We've gone to a new country for you to do well, So you must you have to be a doctor, you have to be.
Speaker 2: A lawyer, or a lot of pressure on you.
Speaker 1: That's a colloquial term.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, those parents.
Speaker 1: So Elisa was a good kid and a good student. She went to university and she but she had other dreams kind of beyond university. She didn't really know what she wanted to do, and bigger dreams than her parents had for her in terms of scholarly. She wanted to travel and she wanted to leave a bit more of a high life. In twenty ten, she began blogging. Oh which I mean it's twenty She started on blog Spot and moving on to Tumblr, which is the very twenty tens kind of conversation.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: Over the following two years, she posted pictures of models in fashionable clothing. She pictured. She posted accounts of her life, and she often included in these struggles about her mental illness or mental ill health. She was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder and depression, and she was medicated for these, but oftentimes would go off her meds and she would post about this in her blogs. Her blog wasn't about that, but she was quite open in her blogs about saying things like well, here we go. In January twenty twelve, in one blog post, she said that she had relapsed and that's her wording, and that that had forced her to drop several classes in university, leaving her feeling utterly directionless and lost.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: She titled the post You're always haunted by the idea wasting your life, which was a quote that she actually then had as the epigraph on her blog site. So like the kind of you know the heading.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, like the banner thing. Yeah yeah, yeah, so that's so sad. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So her blog wasn't about that, but she was quite open about her mental strub health on the blog, while also showing you know, things about she would write about her life, but she would share photos of you know, the kind of ideal high life, like fashion models in Paris and you know that we're all the very twenty ten to twenty twelve aesthetic things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, especially on Tumblr. Yeah huge. Yeah.
Speaker 1: She was seemingly doing better in the mental health department when in twenty thirteen, when she was twenty one years old, she announced her parents that she was going on a solo trip across North America.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: She didn't ask for permission, she just said I'm going, I've booked the train ticket and I'm off. And she didn't have much money. She was a twenty one year old student. But she was really drawn to something on this trip, or there's something that this trip was going to deliver her. She had this idea in her mind that I need to do this trip. I need to this solo trip alone, the idea of like a journey. She was manifesting something or something like this, which is like, do you know West Side Story at all?
Speaker 2: No, I don't. There's a song in Side when You're a jet, You're a jet from your.
Speaker 1: Last time day, different song. There's a song in ather Tony sing.
Speaker 2: Where He's America.
Speaker 1: No. He sings this song about like having a feeling that something's coming. I can feel something around the corner, something's come in. I don't know when it is, but.
Speaker 3: I can feel the comment something like that, I feel, you know.
Speaker 1: Stop. So she just had an idea that I've been drawn to this idea of going on a soul load trip, and I need to go. Sure, So she booked an Amtrak train, triket.
Speaker 2: Train, trickt friend train, trikets and and also when Jeez having it got my berg and voice talking about bowls and bowls and all that sort of stuff, she has said.
Speaker 1: Tricket, were you talking about bowls at anything?
Speaker 2: I was talking about bows, talking about poo bows? Who bowls?
Speaker 1: That was a mispronunciation by me, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Pronunciation train.
Speaker 1: Okay, sing on. I've got to interrupt myself here by saying in the last episode, I've had so many messages from people saying, ah, you mispronounced the word mispronunciation. I did that on purpose to be funny, but people didn't realize I was taking pics, which is also a good defensive Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure, a magistrate, I employed you.
Speaker 1: Ah. Anyway, she had booked the Amtrak ticket, which was a train that would take you from Canada to America, and then she was she booked a couple of train she was going to travel kind of into city into state buses and trains, making she didn't to fly. Everything was going to be done kind of on the cheap.
Speaker 2: For those in Australia.
Speaker 1: No, but yeah, sure. So. In January twenty thirteen, Alissa Lamb stopped off in her first stop off California.
Speaker 2: The land of dream. Wow.
Speaker 1: She stopped first in San Diego for a few days, where she posted photos on her blog from the famous San Diego Zoo. Do you know what movie that features in?
Speaker 2: Yes, we bought a zoo? Nope?
Speaker 1: Anchorman?
Speaker 2: Oh is that where he goes into the pit down there San.
Speaker 1: Diego Whales Vagiant Yes, I think I mean sant Diego No, agreed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, And also we bought it Zoo.
Speaker 1: No, that's no, it's a different day. After a few days in San Diego, it was then onto the sparkling lights of Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lived on January twenty six, which coincidentally is two days time away from when we're recording this.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's it's actually released on the day that we're Oh my god, yees. Yeah, that's more relevant. Two days away. That's what we're released one they.
Speaker 1: Did it here, She checked into a hotel called Stay On Maine. It was an almost ninety year old, fourteen story hotel, but the name itself was only two years old. Before it was called Stale Maine, it was called the Cecil Hotel.
Speaker 2: Okay, Bump bump.
Speaker 1: Sammy Peterson, have you heard of the Cecil Hotel? I have not now how we would pronounce it in Australian is Cecil?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: E c I l yes, Okay, the Cecil Hotel?
Speaker 2: But in a mer by cho Bob's brother.
Speaker 1: Is his name Cecil? So Drew Cecil? Doesn't that right?
Speaker 2: Well he's no sideshow is side show? Bob's first name?
Speaker 1: See his name is Cecil Bob?
Speaker 2: I believe that played by so Frasier.
Speaker 1: M brother Kelsey Grammar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, do you know what his name is? David Hypias who plays Niles in Fraisier.
Speaker 1: I feel we've gone on a tangent here that I don't know how to get out.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, Cecil Bob.
Speaker 1: Have you heard about the very much infamous Cecil Hotel?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think I have it. It's a big ala, it's a big pink hotel.
Speaker 1: That's like no, you think of the Beverly Hills Hotel. Whatever, it's definitely not that cel. Do you want me to call it Cecil or Cecil?
Speaker 2: Call a Cecil?
Speaker 1: The Cecil Hotel was built in nineteen twenty four by business by three businessmen for not too shy one point five million dollars, which today would be about twenty five million.
Speaker 2: Okay wow.
Speaker 1: The three men also put one million in of their own to run it on opening now. It was designed and built to be the perfect place for business people to stay, so kind of like in these days, like an air airport hotel or like an Best Western, those kind of things, but fancier than they are now, because it wasn't really a thing then. It was more rare for there to be kind of a dedicated place where business people will go and stay with you.
Speaker 2: Okay, sure it happened.
Speaker 1: Had an opulent marble lobby with stained glass windows, potted indoor plants, and ornate statues.
Speaker 2: Oh as long as there are nate.
Speaker 1: They were ornate. It was fourteen stories with seven hundred rooms.
Speaker 2: Oh, seven hundred. Wow.
Speaker 1: It opened in December of nineteen twenty four, and it did pretty well. But do you remember what happened? To remember? You went around them but do you know what happened in nineteen twenty nine in America?
Speaker 2: Twenty nine?
Speaker 1: No, the Great Depression?
Speaker 2: Oh sure, okay?
Speaker 1: People losing jobs, certainly, no one traveling for work, and the seesel quickly started hemorrhaging cash. As well as that the nearby area known as skid Row. Oh sure, became increasingly populated with transience.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: As many as ten thousand homeless people lived within a four mile yeah wow, four mile or six kilometer radius of the hotel.
Speaker 2: Is this during the Great Depression? Oh? My god?
Speaker 1: So the Cesil Hotel was built in what is now known so it's very much it's on skid Row.
Speaker 2: Oh sure.
Speaker 1: When it was built, it wasn't the homeless area, that a very drug affected area it is now known as and was known as not long after it was, but it was you know when I say this or not? Unfortunately, that's exactly where it was built. Sure, And would you like to sing me the song you know about sk right? No? Okay, that was really cruel. This a song from Little Shove of Horrors called skid Rock.
Speaker 3: So no one wanted you go downtown? Where don't stop downtown? Whaddy taps don't stop downtown when that is quol down, un skinned road down, un skid roll down.
Speaker 2: N skid roll down, askid road.
Speaker 3: Down, non skid roll down, a skiv roll down skin road.
Speaker 2: Poor all my life, I've always been poor. And it tells me, and it tells me. Gee, I'm not sure sweep that floor, kid, Oh down, I'm offen was on the street here on scared Row. Yeah, anyway, I could do the whole thing, but I won't do the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Guys, that was Sammy singing far longer than I did. Yeah, and I've never been prouder or more turned on in my mind a minute then, Right? No one wanted to stay at the Cecil Hotel post great depression, Oh sure, very it was.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It turned into a very very bad area. Certainly, no one who wanted to stay there would be willing to pay high prices, so they had to slash the room rates, and the people that ended up that they'd ended up attracting were less than desirable.
Speaker 2: Sure it was more like a hostile I guess at that point than it was a Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's occupancy and its reputation that sank hard and fast. Wow, it turned into an kind of almost unofficial halfway house. Sure, the owners of having to offer up rooms either for long or shirt short term stays as well as by the night.
Speaker 2: Sure. And also like you know, ten thousand homeless that is, that is an insane number. So you think like, yeah, sure, like if if there's enough money there from maybe a day of whatever that yeah, sure, a night here.
Speaker 1: And there, And the hotels are remembering they're putting in what you know, in today's money was twenty five million dollars within the first four years. No one's traveling anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they're.
Speaker 1: Kind of going right. If someone wants to stay here for a month and pay us not much, but there's a room rented for a month, Sure will take whatever. If someone wants to hire it for an hour to bring someone to sure, yeah, says It became a notorious rendezvous spot for adulterous couples, sure, drug activity, and a real common ground for sex workers.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, yeah, yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Its reputation wasn't helped by numerous i'll call them bad incidents that happened there, which is why I asked if you'd heard of it. In fact, the Sasle Hotel was the inspiration for the hotel in American horror story.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, and this is why right.
Speaker 1: The first reported suicide was in nineteen thirty one, a guest named W. K. Norton died in his room after taking poison capsules. This was to be the first of many suicides in the hotel through the nineteen forties, thirties, forties, and fifties, everything from gunshots, jumping out of windows. One person even slit his own throat in the hotel room. God, and it was nicknamed by the locals as the suicide Hotel.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's so sad.
Speaker 1: In nineteen forty four, a nineteen year old girl woman called Dorothy jen Purcell, were sharing a room at the Cecil with her boyfriend when she woke up in the middle of the night having stomach pains and realized she was going into labor. Oh wow, She said. She didn't want to wake her boyfriend, so she went into the bathroom where she gave birth. This is really awful. I just got all of this is awful. Thinking that the baby was dead.
Speaker 2: She threw it out the window and baby at the window.
Speaker 1: The baby landed on the roof of an adjacent building. Dorothy Jimpisell was charged with murder. Three psychiatrists at her trial testified that she was mentally confused quote unquote at the time of the incident, and she was found not guilty by reason of insanity. In nineteen sixty four, a retired telephone operator named Pigeon Goldie.
Speaker 2: Osgood amazing name.
Speaker 1: Is that not the best name you've ever incredible, who had been a well known and well liked long term resident at the Cecil Hotel.
Speaker 2: A resident. So actually people would live.
Speaker 1: There, yes, as I was saying that they ended up kind of just taking whatever. Yeah, and long time in long term people. That was kind of like if people are saying they're going to stay here for good, sure, yeah.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: She was found dead in her room in nineteen sixty four. She had been raped, stabbed, beaten, and her room ransacked. A man named Jacques b Elinger was charged with her murder because he was seen covered in blood roaming the streets close to the hotel in the hours afterwards, but he was later cleared as a suspect, and to this day, in twenty twenty six, her murder remains unsolved.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: In the nineteen eighties, the Cecil hotel was the temporary residence of one Richard Ramirez.
Speaker 2: Yep, the night named the Nightstalker.
Speaker 1: Ramirez was how I know it.
Speaker 2: This is how I know this hotel. Actually, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: And that's how most people have he yes, okay, tell Richard Ramirez was a regular presence in the skid Row area, according to a hotel clerk at the clerk at the Cecil who had known him, He had stayed at the Cecil for a few weeks. Now, I'm not going to go into details here because we'll do that as an episode at one point, but Richard Ramirez reportedly committed fourteen murders while residing at the Cecil hotel. Yes, yeah, horrifyingly, the hotel then became a bit of a draw card for other killers, killers inspired by Ramirez. In nineteen ninety one, an Austrian by the name of Johann Untawga stayed there for five weeks with one plan to bring back and murder sex workers, which he did three times over, somehow getting all three bodies out of the hotel without ever being seen or at least never being reported.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: He went on to murder more women and was eventually caught and hanged himself in prison. Also on the Cecil Hotel, there is a lot of talk about paranormal activity, most sightings, ghost theories, etc. And we will get into that more later. In twenty eleven, the hotel's name was changed from the Cecil Hotel to Stay on Maine, in a direct effort to distance it from its past. Okay, I have given you a handful of notorious, horrendous things that have happened there.
Speaker 2: There are more, sure, but it's underne management. They're trying again.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's change the name so people won't look up where to stay in La. Well, I'm not going to stay at Sesalo. Sure, let's call it Stay on Maine.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: And that takes us up to the year twenty thirteen. When Alyssa Lamb checked in on February nineteen, twenty thirteen, Guests, I'm gonna call it the Cescil at the Cecil started complaining about really yuck water in their rooms. It was not, by any means a high class establishment, so complaints were common, but there were a lot about this one issue that the water was running black, there was very low pressure, and some people noted that it tasted off or sweet.
Speaker 2: Oh Okay.
Speaker 1: So they sent a maintenance guy to check out the four water tanks that they had on the hotel's roof. One was like there was one that was larger than the other three, and it had the main water supply for the hotel. It was on Sorry, it was four by feet eight Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Four by feet eight yep. Written that down.
Speaker 1: Four by eight feet sure tall, so you think about like a you know, a tall person is six foot yep. Two feet taller.
Speaker 2: Than that, yep.
Speaker 1: And then twelve feet wide.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it was propped up on concrete blocks, and you saw the four of them.
Speaker 1: The biggest water was that. So it stood about like the top of it was about nine feet high in.
Speaker 2: Order to nine if you want.
Speaker 1: Thank you, in order to get up to check them out, like check out what was in there, the maintenance work and needed a ladder. Obviously it's kind of nine feet up, and so he put it propped a ladder up against this main water tank. And when he got up there, he saw that the hatch to the main tank, so like the kind of a door that you could get into it was open, which it shouldn't have and was never.
Speaker 2: I've definitely seen a documentary about this. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was dark in the tank, so we got out a lighter to see if he could see anything. And what he saw when he lit the lighter would terrify anyone. He saw a face looking back at him.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, how terrifying.
Speaker 1: It was a woman naked, lying, face up and very obviously dead. It was clear as well that she'd been there for quite some time, hence the water issues. Can you even think like the people complaining that the taste was of or I just I can't. It actually makes me want to be sick. Emergency services were obviously called and the body of this woman was removed. They had to do it incredibly carefully because of the state she was in, as in the state of decomposition. They had to actually cut into the tank and drain it and completely like remove her from the bottom of the tank that way, after it was drained. In details about why, you can imagine her clothes were off her body, so she was naked, but her clothes were in the tank as well. Yes, and her clothes were all coated in what has been described as a sand like substance. Okay, Unfortunately it was, of course, the body of twenty one year old Alyssa Lamb. So let's go into Alissa's timeline. She checked into the Cecil Hotel on January twenty six after her few days in San Diego. At this time, it was a low budget hotel slash hostel where people could choose private rooms or hostel style dorm rooms, while entire floors were dedicated to full time residents.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Alisa was initially put in a shared room on the hotel's fifth floor. However, after a few days, her roommates complained about what the hotel's lawyer would later describe as certain old behavior from Alissa, and she was actually moved to a room of her own after three days because the people complained about her vents didn't want to be in a room with her.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 1: She was apparent leaving notes for the roommates that said go home and go away.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: She wouldn't talk to them, but she was leaving them these notes.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And she would lock the door to the room and say she required a password for entry, like just kind of behavor to behavior.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So the hotel actually said we're going to give you your own room for no extra charge, but you know, just to kind of keep the peace you and stay in your own room. And she was moved into that room on January thirty one, when she packed up and moved rooms, that was the last time anyone saw a Lisa Lam alive.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: On her journey. She had been calling her parents every day during the trip, but on January thirty one, she.
Speaker 2: Did not Did they notice any oh, you probably go into spent any odd behavior about her.
Speaker 1: When it got to that evening, her parents tried calling her and she didn't answer, so they tried again, same thing. Sure, no answer, So they called the whole tell that went and checked on her. Elisa wasn't in her room, but all of her stuff was, so she hadn't checked out and she was actually expected to check out on February one, so they waited for them. She didn't check out. That's the day that police were called and she was reported missing. Police with their sniffer dogs searched the hotel quote unquote as best they could without a warrant. Sure, and the sniffer dogs picked up no sense of her whatsoever, but they weren't legally allowed to search all the rooms or they didn't have a warrant to search. They were just asked to come into search. And because there were full floors that were like that had full time residents residing on them, they didn't have access, they didn't have a warrant to search.
Speaker 2: So the dogs were allowed in that circumstance of just war. I mean, the dogs were allowed that the police are allowed to. I don't know why that the dogs need a separate warrant, but yeah, so basically floor to floor they're allowed to.
Speaker 1: L said, you can come and search the hotel, but the areas, the rooms, the floors that were full time residents, they weren't allowed to search that without a warrant.
Speaker 2: At that point, right, Okay, yeah, I mean that makes sense. Without a warrant you can't.
Speaker 1: So the sergeant who was in charge of the search at that point, man called Rudy Lopez, later said, we didn't search every room. We could only do that if we had probable cause to believe a crime had been committed. Right, So he admits the initial search wasn't that deep. Now I'm saying to you, as we know where Elsa ended up being found. They obviously didn't check the water tanks. However, they did check the roof and dogs up there didn't oh did pick up any center for he now. On February sixth, so five days after Elisa had last been seen, the LAPD decided more help was needed. They started posting flies with her image around the neighborhood online. Getting no leads from that, the LAPD released CCTV footage of Alisa the last time she was seen. And this is when the case went mental, because that's exactly what the CCTV footage was. And this, Sammi, is when you're going to remember when you've seen this case before. On February thirteen, they released CCTV footage taken from February one. It is classic grainy CCTV footage. Alisa Lamb gets into a hotel elevator and presses a lot of buttons very carefully. You remember footage. This footage, CCTV footage of her in the lift is very fat well infamous. Yes, yeah, So if anyone's been thinking this sounds familiar, this is what you will have seen. You've you've got to go and watch and maybe we should post it on the Instagram. The footage of it, it's really odd. I'm going to describe it.
Speaker 2: Here is best, but you can.
Speaker 1: Just see it is really really, really strange. I'm going to describe it as best as I can. She gets into the lift and she presses a lot of buttons, but really carefully and really slowly. She's not doing like you know, like the scene in El. He's not smashing his hand, methodical, slowly and really like thinking about it. The buns individually, one by one, slowly and carefully. She's up very close to the pad, and she's moving very strangely slowly, like definitely like panicked. Is the late is the last word you'd used to describe. Sorry, But while she's pressing all these buns, the doors remain open. The lift doors aren't closing. She walks back and forth in the lift a bit, and at one point actually pops her head out of the lift and looks down the corridor in one direction. Remember, it really looks like she's kind of seen if anyone were there. But then she steps back into the lift, and it gets even weirder. When she steps back in, she goes right to the back of the lift and looks like she's trying to hide against the corner. She's not like cowering, she's standing up, but she's pressed as close back to the wall as she possibly can, and she starts to do this kind of like strange side step kind of movement. And I think the scariest part is that where she is quote unquote hiding, where she's pressed up against the wall of the lift is so when she popped her head out and looked up and down the corridor, the direction she looked in where she then gets into the lift and stands back against the wall, if someone were to come from the direction she'd been looking to walls where she's standing is where like that would be the last place they'd see.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, do you know what I mean? I do understand.
Speaker 1: It looks like she's hiding from.
Speaker 2: Whatever she was thinking. Was there? Yeah, yeah, thinking scene scene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's no longer pressing the button, So the doors are still open at this point, so she's pressing all the buttons, pops her head out, then comes back in. She doesn't press buttons anymore. Then after a little while she goes to get out of the lift, and she sorry she gets out. So the reason I say about her not pressing the buttons anymore is because, like in the first place, she's pressing these buttons really methodically, you kind of go, well, the doors aren't closing, so she's trying to get the doors to close.
Speaker 2: Yes, she pops.
Speaker 1: Out her head and has a look around, and then she gets back and does this weird hiding thing. But she's not doing like are like, you know, pressing the button close it all. She's not pressing any buttons At that point, we'd kind of think of you wanted the doors to close.
Speaker 2: Very quickly, pressent anything to that point.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So then she gets out of the lift and she stands in the corridor and she looks again the direction she was looking in before, and she stands there and she really looks like she's talking to somebody. Now there's no audio CCTV, but she's standing there and she's talking, and she's moving in a really like animated way, like her hands are moving a lot, but it's not a natural animated way, so like I'm someone that talks a lot with my hands, she's not doing that. It looks like almost robotic, or people have described it as looking a bit like a marionette puppet on string. Her hands are doing old movements in strange ways and really really really over the top. She then steps out of frame, and when she steps out of frame of the CCTV footage, that's when the lift doors finally close for the first time, and they open again immediately, and then they close and they open and they close and they open. They do this a few times. It's fuck, it's.
Speaker 2: Quite it's quite possessed that footage. Yeah, that's what it felt like. I remember watching that going. Oh, the way that they close her movements and then the touching of the of the actual buttons as well. It feels yeah, very off.
Speaker 1: Now this CCTV footage goes and I mean this in no way hyperbole viral.
Speaker 2: Sure what was this twenty thirteen tuesdays Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Right, one single Chinese streaming site. So this has happened in van in La. Yes, about a girl from Vancouver and one Chinese streaming site it was posted on got three million views in the first week. Oh wow, that's just like a little snippet of viral.
Speaker 2: This is justin Bieber numbers.
Speaker 1: They are just Reber numbers. Are you gonna see Harry Stiles when he comes here to Melbourne? No? Oh my god, I am and we okay. Anyway, Internet sleuths had an absolute field day with this vision, and they still are to this day. Now. The video itself is timestamped, but the timestamp isn't clear right video quote. Experts say that it's they think it seems to show that fifty eight seconds is missing.
Speaker 2: I remember that, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: From the middle of the video. Others say that it is sped up and slowed down in parts, and that's why the movements.
Speaker 2: Look we packed.
Speaker 1: It's not clear enough to obviously go oh, well, look there's it goes from you know, ten forty nine straight to eleven oh three and there's no time in between. But but kind of people that have like picked it apart say no, there's some things here.
Speaker 2: Cool. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, after this, after she was reported missing, which was the day that this sea said, even before she was taken, the only person that ever reported seeing her again after her roommates when she left when she moved out was the owner of a bookstore that Alisa had gone to on jan thirty one, So that was the day that she was that she changed rooms. Yepkay, she went out to a bookstore. The owner of the bookstore reported that she was out going, very lively, very friendly, and she was there buying gifts to take home to her family, and she was even saying things like, I need to get books that aren't too heavy because I've got to keep them. I've got to travel around with them before i go back home.
Speaker 2: Right, okay, sorry, not heavy in content, no.
Speaker 1: Physically, I've got sure. Yeah, so this kind of shows that she was planning on still traveling around for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, sure, and she's talking to it. She's talking to her family all the time. Anyways, that was like, yeah.
Speaker 1: So, what the hell happened over the coming hours between shopping for books for her family and this crazy footage of her in the lift. In trying to find this out, people turned to her blog, which was called Novelle nouveaux?
Speaker 2: What is new? New?
Speaker 1: Novelle?
Speaker 2: Novelle like novella.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna look at up.
Speaker 2: You need to if you don't want to going to if you are just relaxed and having fun after a few glasses of wine, tonight, door about it?
Speaker 1: Novelle nouveau.
Speaker 2: That's it?
Speaker 1: Well, look hang on when I when I google that, it says tumbler.
Speaker 2: But also like that, you know, being French Canadian, I imagine this is quite novellea means what does it mean?
Speaker 1: They're both? They both mean new that one's masculine, one's feminine.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah you new, you knew. Okay, I didn't expect that, but sure.
Speaker 1: Harry styles two as called together together.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to not see that.
Speaker 1: People turned to her blog New New, which, as I had said before, had in the past described her struggles with mental ill health. Yes, now, she had had periods where she had gotten and she'd spoken about on her blog that she'd gone off her meds and had once been hospitalized. So could what have happened to her and her ending up in the water tank or sorry, at this point they hadn't found her body, like had whatever had happened to her been a mental health episode? She had actually scheduled posts on her tumblr blog for the next ten months ten months, and yes they kept updating after her death, which is really traumatic for her family, but also like to, for want of a bitter term, exciting for the people who which we will go into, had a bit like a bit of excitement about potential paranormal activity around these So she went missing. She was found three weeks later, and then for ten months after that to her bog blogs were still updating.
Speaker 2: Ten months after That's such a long time.
Speaker 1: Which is weird in itself, Like, can you imagine you and I get excited and proud of ourselves if we schedule a post like a few days in advance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, absolutely imagine scheduling ten months is wild.
Speaker 1: So people still think there's a bit of like paranormal something.
Speaker 4: About sure, okay, yeah, But one thing that came from the fact that the post kept updating was the fact that her readers really believed that if she had planned to take her own life, she would have posted about that, at the very least something cryptic, something telling.
Speaker 1: Yes, she had been open about her mental ill health and her battles in the past, so if she had been planning on taking her own life, her readers really believe she would have alluded to that, if not actually said that, Especially the fact that then the blog posts kept going up afterwards. They're like, why would she have scheduled posts if she was planning to not be here? If those posts didn't reference that at all, Her dedicated reader is really really believed that she had also been out shopping for books for her family. Remember, so what if she was planning on taking her own life. Why would she have said to you know, why would you be going buying books for a family and saying I'm going to need to take them traveling around with you the time. Because this is one of the first things that came out, Like before her body was found, it was like, right, she has had mental little health in the past, she's gone missing, this is something that could have happened. Even once her body was found, they were always looking into whether suicide was a possibility.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, when she was found in the water tank, she did have her hotel room key on her, which they said kind of proved that she planned to go back to her room afterwards. What wasn't her on her person though? Was her mobile phone? Nor was it in her room?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, which has always.
Speaker 1: Been a big question mark over that. So the theories were that that could have been stolen from her room, like she's gone, she's left her room rope and people have gone in and stolen her. But her laptop was still in her room, which seems odden still anything, Yeah, there's never any explanation about where her phone was never been found. Now, once they did find her body and they were still talking about whether the suicide was possible. That did not in any way explain how she would have got up onto and into the water tank, let alone. Why right, So, firstly, the hotel manager said there was no way she would have been able to get onto the roof herself. Yeah, like, don't even talk about the water tank.
Speaker 2: Yet.
Speaker 1: She would not have been able to get up onto the roof on her own. It was only accessible by fire doors that were alarmed, and the alarms never went off. Now you can kind of go, but there's a shit hotel. We know that it's right. But there was a maintenance worker that gave evidence and testified that that alarms were checked three weeks before and they were working. So now we're kind of looking into whether someone's either let her up there or maybe taken her up there. Some internet sots have done their own research and say that you could actually get up to the roof fire fire escapes if you really wanted to without the alarm, so as fire escapes kind of the outside of the building.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, sure, So.
Speaker 1: There is a bit of kind of question mark put over that you could have got up there if you really wanted to, the easiest way would have set off the alarms. So now we talk about the water tank itself. It's eight feet tall and on concrete blocks to stand even higher, and it is concrete, full concrete, including the lid and the hatch. So the hatch like little lid bit itself was twenty pounds, which is about nine kilos. Now nine kilos isn't crazy, No, But Lisa Lamb was very, very slight, small, twenty one year old woman. How would she have got up eight to nine feet without a ladder? There was never a ladder found, There was no sign of a ladder. It used, how has she got up that high and then opened a latch.
Speaker 2: A hat got in and then and then closed it.
Speaker 1: Well, no, the hatch wasn't closed. So this then, like the whole thing is very like, well there's this thing, but there's this yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So the fact.
Speaker 1: That it was not closed kind of showed more that well, if someone has put her in there, that's if the kind of line of inquirer we're going down and someone's put her in there, they would have surely closed it behind them. But that kind of you know, makes it less something's gone in there for her. If she'd gone in there herself. It would have been near impossible, if not impossible, to close the hat right because you think it's eight feet tall, it's full of water. She's obviously not standing on the bottom, so to be in there to then lift yourself up high up out of it enough like while treading water, to then that would have been near impossible as well. Yes, but there's still the question of how the fuck did she get in there? There's no ladder ever, and likes a it's a concrete, solid water tank. How does anyone, least of all a small slide twenty one year old female.
Speaker 2: Get up fels impossible of.
Speaker 1: There were no signs on her body of any defensive wounds or any signs of her trying to get out. There were no scratch marks, nothing on her fingernails anything. It looked like once she was in there, she was she didn't try to get out again.
Speaker 2: Bizah.
Speaker 1: So the theory emerges that a hotel staff member may have taken her up there and put her in the tank. So they're the ones that have disarmed the alarm on the door, which they were able to do. There's no signs, you know, there was no ladder or anything. He somehow. You know, he's got a ladder, he's put her in there, he's taking the ladder back with him. Yes, Okay, if this is the case, was she dead already when she was put in the water tank or not? Could he have held her down in the water and drowned her while she was in there, or could potentially was she already have been decked? Yes, maybe this is why her clothes were off. Now it's important to not hear that there were no signs of sexual assault, but it's also important to remember that by the time she was found, it had been three weeks and she was really badly deferent place. Well yeah, sure, so I think it would be near impossible, if not impossible, to find signs of sexual Yeah. Yeah, Now, one thing I will say, and this isn't advice to anyone, but it would be a good place to dispose of a body. Yeah, to take because it took three weeks for anyone to find her and decomposition.
Speaker 2: That's such a long time.
Speaker 1: For a long time. The only reason they even went looking there is because the hotel.
Speaker 2: Waters started to take complain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gross, gross, gross. But you know you're kind of thinking, well, if you're going to kill someone. That may be a good place to hide a body. Sure gets a rid of a lot of evidence with the decomposition. Everything I've written here, but I've already spoken about it. One thing is that the hatch was open. Surely if someone had killed her and put her in cloth, that would have closed it.
Speaker 2: Yesh.
Speaker 1: Yes, there was no ladder found ever, so she's only ever seen alone in the CCTV footage from the hotel. She's never ever ever seen with anyone else. The only time is on the morning of Feb one, which is the day that this weird ass footage was taken. In the fift that day, she arrived at the hotel with two men, So this is seen in cct footage. CCTV footage from out the front. She's seen arriving at the hotel with two men, one of whom hands her a box as they part ways. Now, these two men are never seen again. But who were they and what was in that box has never been answered.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: There are reports that she had blogged about a creeper at the hotel, but again it's the cecil. Yes. There are also conflicting reports that she wrote that post from San Diego, so she was scheduling posts. It came out when she was in la But then people said she might have written that when she was in San Diego, so it might have been referring to a different hotel. But this brought up another thing. She'd kind of said, there was a creeper in the hotel. Is there someone that's in the hotel that's done something to her?
Speaker 2: My god?
Speaker 1: Now, Elisa's official cause of death was not revealed for four months after her body was found. At first, the coroner's office had told the media that her cause of death was indeterminate. Then the autopsy itself wasn't revealed for four months, and when it was released, it had a heap of mistakes that have been crossed out and rewritten, which is just.
Speaker 2: It's very strange in itself.
Speaker 1: This autopsy found that she had died by quote accident too drowning.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: She had had a blood alcohol reading of zero point two percent, which sounds like there's a lot of alcohol in your system, but apparently that is normal for a decomposing body.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, right.
Speaker 1: She had no drugs in her system, illicit nor prescription.
Speaker 2: And you would think with the way she was behaving in the lift and staff was a drug relator, but there was.
Speaker 1: A lot of but there were no drugs in her system at all. There were no defensive wounds and no signs that she tried to get out of the tank. Now, the lateness of the autopsy and the weird like crossed out mistakes and rewritten things made a lot of people question if this was some kind of cover up.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'll get back.
Speaker 1: To this a bit later as well.
Speaker 2: The official Inje was just doing it's my favorite thing that he does when he does a big stretch, but his head goes right up like he's looking to the skies above. Yeah, you're doing a great job.
Speaker 1: The official investigation ruled that it was an accidental drowning with bipolar disorder as a significant factor. Okay, now that doesn't say suicide, but it says she had bipolar disorder and she accidentally drowned, So it's kind of without actually saying it, it is insinuated that it was either suicide or her bipolar disorder caused her to get herself in the water tank and then she has accidentally drowned.
Speaker 2: Bipolar disorder, like does that make you do that? Sort of stuff like that that's a.
Speaker 1: That may be hallucinations, maybe from her going off her meds. She was having hallucinations. Sure, she'd taken herself in there. It still doesn't to me explain how she got in there, not at all. Well, thanks, you have now drool all over your shirt. He did that right in your face. Do you bar? Don't let your dad. We're doing a podcast kiss right.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 1: The official investigation also records, oh, and this is really ucky. I'm going to say this, but I'm just going to say it because it just kind of brings up some more questions. The autopsy revealed that subcutaneous pulling of blood was found in Elisa's anal area. What's that word subcutaneous?
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Like under the surface?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, which some doctors suggested was a sign of sexual abuse, but one pathologist in the coroner's inquest noted that this could have resulted from bloating in the course of the body's decons Okay. Her rectum was also prolapsed, which again could be a sign of sexual assault, or it could be a sign that that could have been something that happened in the decomposition process. Because of these things, the coroner's pathologists were ambivalent about their conclusion that her death was accidental, so they said, we just don't know. So the police authorities were concluded it was accidental, but the coroner and the coroner's pathologists said, we just don't know, if we can say that wholeheartedly. Yeah, sure, Now that's the end of the official what the authority said. But I'm just going to quickly before we finish, go into slightly more wo woo theories. Sure, remember I brought up paranormal like.
Speaker 2: You, yeah, you're not a woo woo gud?
Speaker 1: Do you believe in ghosts?
Speaker 2: Do you?
Speaker 1: No? I don't not believe in them, but I don't believe in them, if that makes sense. Like, I'm not like they definitely don't exist, but I also like I believe in like signs and that things like things happen to a bit like well, that's definitely, but I don't think that they're Like like, if there are places that are haunted, I'm not scared by that. That's a real thing. I'm not scared about that. I'm kind of more like, well, if some you know, if there is a spirit of someone.
Speaker 2: Here, I believe in something else, but I don't necessarily believe in ghost.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going to take you right down.
Speaker 2: Sure, go for it, just for a couple of things.
Speaker 1: And I mean this our podcast isn't a paranormal one. But there's just a couple of paragraphs here to finish it off, because this is something that is always spoken about in the Alissa lambcar Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The main Woo woo theory is one about a named man, A man named Alastair Crowley, who a lot of you will have heard of. He was an English oculist, a ceremonial magician, a poet, a novelist, a mountaineer, and a painter. In the late nineteenth century to early twentieth he founded the religion of the Lima and identified himself as the prophet entrusted with guiding humanity in the eon of Horus in the early twentieth century. I can see eyes glazing.
Speaker 2: Over already we find stuff now.
Speaker 1: Crowley is actually documented as staying at the Cecil Hotel. However, he stayed at the Cecil Hotel in London. However, theories have swirled that either he could have stayed in the in the Cecil Hotel in las as well, because he'd stayed the one in London that was documented, but also there have been long term theoriest well before Alyssa Lamb's death, that Crowley and other members of his trial or crew cohort of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn sure opened a portal at the Cecil Hotel back in nineteen eighteen. Now I don't know if you remember there, says, although delon La was built in nineteen twenty four, okay, but perhaps at the site now. Crowley famously drew a picture of alien life form. This is like one of the things he's known for that he claimed to have interacted with personally, and according to him, again many many men. So he died in nineteen forty seven. Alisa Lamb died in twenty thirteen. Crowley, in his living time before nineteen forty seven, said he had interacted with an alien that he had connected with through a portal, and that alien's name was Lamb. Okay yeps in Elisa's surname, Sure Lamb lam Yes. People obviously went mental with yeah yeah, yeah, yeap. The other connection from Crowley was that he wrote a poem in which the Judge of Israel sacrifices his daughter, whose name is Celia spelt with an S, which is an acronym of Elise. Sure, Okay, Now another anagram theory comes up, and this is the one that I mean, get our tinfoil hats on shore. But this is the one that's more like it's less paranormal.
Speaker 2: I think that I didn't say that.
Speaker 1: Let's say it and then see what you think. Around the time Alisa went missing, there was an outbreak of tuberculosis on skid row. Tuberculosis can be a kind of a inside effect. Probably isn't the right word, sorry if I'm getting that wrong. Of HIV, so HIV positive people can much more easily get TV. The test used to test for tuberculosis, especially in HIV positive patients, is called making this up. It's called TB LAMB hyphen Elisa literally spell lam hyphen e l I s A. Her name is Alisa Lamb spelt exactly like that. So the theory around this is that Elisa Lamb never actually existed.
Speaker 2: What do her parents think about that?
Speaker 1: The whole thing? This is the theory is that the whole thing was staged to cover up an illegal tuberculosis study amongst the homeless of La and skid row in particular, and that the body found in the water tank was actually someone who had died during their illegal testing. Yes, so when it was found and put on the meat on the news and in the media, they made up the name Elisa Lamb and made this whole story about it. Anyway.
Speaker 2: She mind, it's fucking weird that that we wed.
Speaker 1: It's weird. That's what the test is called. Anyway, Sammy, they.
Speaker 2: Are the theories, are they the only theories?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Fuck, They're not a hotel staff member. Yeah, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Everything I've spoken about in the whole episode other theories. Yes, a hotel staff member has killed her, taken her up and put her in there. She has gone and taken her own life and put herself in there. She has had a hallucinate. She's hallucinated and ended up in there and died and drowned. Yep, there's a portal that opened up by Alistair Crowley in nineteen twenty or something.
Speaker 2: Stayed the same hotel.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, there was a TB. Yes, American skid row conspiracyy in Foilhat thing. To this day, there has never single been a single explanation by police or authorities as to how Alisa Lamb managed to get into the tank, and to me, that is the biggest mystery. So they've ruled it accidental drowning with bipolar disorder as a main factor, which means they've kind of said it's either she's had an episode quote unquote and ended up in the water tank and she's drowned, or she's done that by choice. Neither of those things explained how the fuck she got in there.
Speaker 2: Family said anything, Have they commented or have they No, not.
Speaker 1: That I've found through looking into the HOSS bizarre. So she the things with the mental health issues and the bipolar is that she had had like there had been periods of when she'd gone off her medication, she had had hallucinations. Yes, I kind of think when you look at the CCTV footage you're in the lift, it looks like someone that could be having an episode like a drug effected. Yes, and drug effect did can mean also coming down off drugs, whether they are illicit drugs or potentially you know, antipsychotic drugs. Yes, it looks like it could be a psychotic episode. Yeah, it also looks like it could be that she's scared of someone and hiding from someone. There are just so many like there's nothing about this is ant said to.
Speaker 2: Me, No, not at all. What do you think, Well, I, you know, either the portal or I am Yeah, I don't think I.
Speaker 1: Feel confident about it is it's not the port I had to put that theory in there.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, it sounds more likely that it was someone that she was hiding from, yeah, in that hotel, because you know, it feels like there was lots of people that it could have been.
Speaker 1: I kind of just feel that too. Is that us being just like true crime junkies that we just kind of want, you know, we want it to be a like a crime, because yeah, a suicide or an accidental death is not a crime. Do we just want to be a crime.
Speaker 2: But I feel like that the accidental is so unlikely, Like I feel like that is how the.
Speaker 1: Hell did she get into the tank? How did she get there? How did she get in there?
Speaker 2: I just don't feel like that's possible.
Speaker 1: Nine feet up, eight feet up at the very least, How did she get up there? What open the hatch and get in and why?
Speaker 2: It just does not feel likely. And also like scaling the outside of the hotel, like that does not seem likely. And also no one saw her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so if the alarms didn't go off for her going up to the roof through the inside of the hotel, she scaled out, it's like she's gone up the fire escapes on the outside. That's not an easy thing to do. Why in what state? And even if she was hallucinating, how and why has she scaled like gone up the fire escape on the outside of the building, got onto the roof, and then how the fuck is she scaled the side of a concrete water tank.
Speaker 2: It is nine feet off the ground with no like a ladder or anything.
Speaker 1: He ever there I mean, but then that's brought up. Maybe there were maintenance workers that went up there in that because it was three weeks until she was found. Maybe someone went, oh, why has the lad been left here and moved her and they just never reported that. I don't know.
Speaker 2: But also like, if you find out that this has gone old anything, surely, Yeah, I feel like it has to be some sort of true crime thing. That's like there's someone in the hotel she didn't trust, she was scared of. But also having said that, then her leaving notes for the people that she was in the room with before.
Speaker 1: There's also a thing that I didn't write into here, but the night before, like the night I think it was the thirtieth of January, is the night before the last time she was seen, she'd gone to a taping, a live taping of Conan, right, and she'd actually been escorted out for odd behavior. And that's all I could find about it. Odd behavior. Okay, sure, so she'd be she's been behaving quota oldly erratically. Does that mean? Is that you know, a good defense for someone to have gone off and done something to her, to have killed her? Is that showing that she was spiraling and was not in a good place. Yeah, really frustrating. I don't know, And I hate the unsolved ones. But I feel like there's going to listen a lot of conversation because people have so many different ideas about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah like that, you know, lots of different people have so.
Speaker 1: Many conspiracy theorists by any means. But that TB thing seems really weird to me.
Speaker 2: That's weird. Yea, it is weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the test is called TB LAMB Melissa, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That is very strange, but yeah, yeah, it is very weird. Yeah, that's bizarre to me that that is a I love to know what the family.
Speaker 1: Also, this is a yucky detail that I didn't put into the script because it's yucky, but now it's probably relevant that she was so badly decomposed that she wasn't recognizable. Sure, so they had to do physical tests to discover who she was. So it's not like, you know, her parents have gone to identify and gone, yes, that's a Lisa.
Speaker 2: No, No, it could have been.
Speaker 1: Maybe it could have been some you know, a homeless person they were doing tests on and when someone called a Lisa Lamb had gone missing, they were like, oh, we'll say it too. Or the whole thing about the story about the parents was that our daughter from Canada has gone missing? Is just made up? Is the conspiracy theory that no one actually ever there were no parents, There were no one, there were no parents in Canada saying our daughter's gone missing.
Speaker 2: But they would be able to check that, look that up. I can imagine. It's not like this was like in the medieval ages. I don't know, I don't know what happens. Yeah, yeah, oh my god, that's that's frustrating in that there's no ant. But yeah, I'm fascinated because I remember watching that documentary a long time ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even in the answer that there is, the official ruling is that is accidental drowning with bipolar disorder as a factor. That doesn't actually say anything, not at all. Why did she accidentally drown? How did she get in there for that to happen?
Speaker 2: I don't know. You ask me those questions, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm asking you answer me.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Why don't you tell us listeners if you want to write into something you love, just not a company dot com dot au. If you want to send us a voicemail. The website is called speak Pipe. All the links are below.
Speaker 1: Well, I'd love to hear your theory. I just love those stories that I feel I can just talk about because more and more people can come up with more of the idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god, Now, g love. I know that you have to go soon, so we're going to go through the goddamn mail bank.
Speaker 1: Why do you always blame me for having to go? You've got other things to do as.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't. I just have to edit this podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what you got to do.
Speaker 2: Ah, I see hey.
Speaker 1: Also, can I say our last episode was our one year anniversary episode, Yes, and so we'd asked you to send in some speak pipes and letters and stuff. We've just had the most wonderful week with the most beautiful miss Thank you so much for celebrating our anniversary in the way that you have. And can I give a shout out to our beautiful listener Jess Percell. We got a handwritten note from one of our beautiful listeners called Jess. Can I read it to you?
Speaker 2: Of course, this is.
Speaker 1: My part of the man, it says her magistrate, I implore you not another crime podcast has officially served a one year sentence on iHeart and has been heard around the world. The jury verdict is in and it's a crowd fave, not just for the stellar storytelling that takes us into the room where it happens, but for the people behind each episode, the banter of friendship and humor you both share, plus the musical puns are always a bonus. Congratulations on one year of the podcast, Jeordre and Sammy from Jess Parcel and then Pratchets, I banked you a couple of treats in honor of all the Thursday treats you've cooked up, and she made us cookies that were wrapped in an orange ribbon because orange is the.
Speaker 2: You're the best. Yes, thank you so much, so much. Oh that's the best, yest, thank you so much for doing that. And the cookies. I can't wait to try these goddamn cookies. Are you already? Have you heard younowledge? You're sitting on the fridge right there, you've already had them. I'm gonna have them right now, Jess, I'm so sorry. We've got some Spotify comments first, Megan, who commented this has been the absolute best episode to listen to the Can and Barbie Killers. I feel like I'm in the room with friends and the chaos that ensues after a few drinks. Thank you. Oh no, sorry, that was not on that. That was on the No, that was on the fifth, the fifty second episode. Then we've got another one on that same episode. Sorry. That says from Jem what is it with dads and myth? In twenty twelve, I took my parents to see Spix and Specs at the Newcastle Entertainment Center. After the amazing performance of Single Ladies opening, Miss started Beard spotting in the audience. Somehow she ended up spotting Dad and running down into the audience and giving him a hug. It is still one of the proudest.
Speaker 1: Tales to tell God Dad's love me.
Speaker 2: So they don't they just this comes from Emma. Hey, guys, my name is Emma Chamberlain.
Speaker 1: We have so many Emmas.
Speaker 2: So many ms from Melbourne, not the famous one in la And when I was little, I had a babysitter asked if I if it was my mum whose baby got taken by a dingo.
Speaker 1: The babysitter us, yeah, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: My mom's name is Leoni Leoni, so she must have thought that the names were close enough and must be the same. I think I was four at the time, so I had no clue what she was talking about. But you can imagine my mom when she got home and I asked if her baby was taken by a dingo. I think it's also important to note that my mum was only twelve when the incident happened, so I'm not too sure about the babysitter's math skills. I know we all struggle with those, so no judgment. XX. One other note, I have just spent the past week driving from Melbourne to Byron and back again, and I have listened to at least two of your crime podcasts a day. Oh my god, and wow, you guys are amazing. I love that I can listen to you guys and still feel like I'm not going to have nightmares. I can't wait to keep listening to you guys this year, and thank you for keeping me company on my road trip. Love Emma. I love that qushing your babysit bizarre biz.
Speaker 1: Babysitter, not asking the adult who is hired, I know, the.
Speaker 2: Four year four year old. It's very weird and also like, this is another example of how many Emma's we have listening. This is coming. Emma is left a voice note.
Speaker 5: Hi guys, my name's Emma, not all the other Emms that I've already left.
Speaker 1: As we'll join in.
Speaker 5: I bloody love your goddamn horrendus podcast and all the amazing banter, love the respectful way you treat the people involved in the stories. I was recommended your podcast by my sister Kat, who's also left some spig pipes, and originally I didn't think I was gonna like the banter, but she was like, no, stick with it, and it's become one of my favorite parts of the whole podcast. I love their episodes, particularly the longer ones. And I've found it interesting that from the whole year of podcasts and all these horrible, horrendous crimes, the one that's really stuck in my mind is the Scott Williams button man and the idea that someone took a photo while he was sleeping. Yes, has really stuck in my head. But anyway, keep it up. Love your work.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you, Emma.
Speaker 1: We've had lots of comments about the button Matt.
Speaker 2: Absolutely it is so terrifying creepy. And also thank you to another Emma.
Speaker 1: You're an Emma out there who's listening and hasn't done a speak pipe yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'd love to know how many.
Speaker 1: I've known my EMMA members personally.
Speaker 2: No, I don't personally know member. Okay, we have. On a comment on the Dean Chral episode, Hey guys love, Hey guys, love the part of this episode with such a hard listen. You both mentioned some other interesting podcasts you like, and I was wondering if you would mind listing them in the notes for us. Would love to try. Thank you so the ones that we have kind of mentioned recently have been Wise Crack, That's Dead, Oh yeah, yeah, anything else, ge Unicorn Girl.
Speaker 1: Which is by the same people as Scamander, which is another podcast. It's been great. Actually, I want to give a shout out to one that I haven't shouted out yet, but I want to reach out to the journalists who did this podcast. It's called Death on the Door or Death Alva Beach a l v A Death at the Door Alva Beach, Death at the Door is what it's called. A journalist from sixty Minutes Australia has done this podcast and it's fascinating. It's one of those almost a little bit like Today's story. Well it's not, but it's one that it's like it's apparently, by the letter of the law, itselved, but everyone's like that's not so that's not what really happened. Which I want to reach out to him and see if we can get him on.
Speaker 2: That's Absolu'd be great.
Speaker 1: That's a recommendation for Youstic Beach Death at the Door. Listen to that and then we'll have a talk about it on another episode.
Speaker 2: Great have this one come from Meg. Happy Birthday, I have a shop in Port Douglas and my favorite customer. My favorite customer conversation topics include my two favorite podcasts, Not Another Crime Podcast and Everyone Has an X, and my two cats.
Speaker 1: Oh You're one of mine.
Speaker 2: My other interests include discussing Grandma's spelling and punctual ways.
Speaker 1: Thank God, you're one of mine.
Speaker 2: Clearly I've found my home. Thank you, keep please keep going. We all love you God.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. That's the best. This is the thing, right, I'm a I think I've always thought I'm a unique, annoying human. I know I am still annoying, But what I'm learning is I'm not that unique. There are so many more people finding you this way.
Speaker 2: This comes from SERI I believe ce r I Kerry Kerry Kerry. Oh. I was honestly not expecting this. This comes from the Will Patterson episode, the original Will Perce It's so completely different to anything I've ever heard before. What an incredibly heartfelt telling of when a good person makes a bad decision. I'm so glad that we got to hear about his life after prison and all the wonderful things he had to say about his partner. It was a lovely ending to a harrowing the bad kind not the good kind story love heart. Yeah, I absolutely yeah, that's yeah. And Will Patterson, as we now know is Scott Williams. Yeah, I love that episode. That was such a good episode.
Speaker 1: So that, Yeah, go back and look for that if you haven't heard it, guys, Yes, it's called It's.
Speaker 2: This comes from Gemma, just to put the matter to bed. So this was the bonus the Kim Kardashian Paris heist, just to put the matter to bear, because I wouldn't want us all to be left bereft of an outcome. Jat's often described as the thinnest, pyallest, and hardest, most brittle of the common savory crackers rits. These are slightly thicker and when they have been subject to recent reports of shrinkification, making them thinner than in the past. They are typically characterized as having a softer, more buttery and crumbly texture compared to chats can.
Speaker 1: I also say, we've got a lot of gems that listen. We do speak.
Speaker 2: Parts of we love you, Eliza, Happy birthday, guys, love from down here in Tazzy might not be able to sleep tonight after hearing about the button man's moves down here truly horrendous.
Speaker 1: Is that why I'm going there twice in the next two.
Speaker 2: Weeks to find the button.
Speaker 1: Man, Eliza, come and help me find the button?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Absolutely, And let's do one more from Grace. Hi, Sammy and Georgia love Love, Love your podcast, Love the Azaria story. But did you know that there was a movie made in nineteen eighty eight that had none other than Meryl Streep played Lindsay and Sam Neila's Michael. So, Lindy, I think you mean Meryl Streep. Yeah, played Lindy and sam Neila's Michael. It is called Evil Angels. It's not that good, even though it was at the time the most expensive movie shot in Australian history. But it has a very interesting twist spoiler alert. It has two storylines. One that the Dingo's got my baby and I sacrificed her as her name suggests. Yes, you read that right. I remember watching this on TV when I was much younger, but I distinctly remember the two storylines. Continue the great work, and I do love the longer stories. It is that interesting thing.
Speaker 1: I feel like that. That is before the case was entirely.
Speaker 2: Closed, after they kind of Yeah, the movie.
Speaker 1: Evil Angels that the appearance had something to do with that, yes.
Speaker 2: But also Meryl Streep and Sam Neil. That is such a weird mixer hear. Yeah, yeah, we have to watch that. We have to watch that Evil Angel. But I didn't know that that was a did you know that Marle's.
Speaker 1: No or I would have put it in the in the.
Speaker 2: Episode, yeah, how Bazaar and I wonder you know if it was a you know, the most expensive movie shots in Australia, Wonderful was actually Australian production to get Meryl straight out here, like that's quite that's quite nuts.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of work, there's a lot more research to be done here into that story. That episode was already like two and a half. That was long.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, it's a hard one to.
Speaker 1: Do, sorry, Lindy Javelin to bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, well thank you as always everybody. If you want to write in Sammy it just another company dot com dot are you.
Speaker 1: I'd really love to hear people's theories about Elisa Lamb.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Missed anything like I know that I have, right, this is the thing. There are so many online theories. I kind of picked out the like, especially with the paranormal stuff. That two that are the most commonly spoken about because there are so many theories of what happened. Course, of course, I've just kind of gone through first of all the facts of what happened, and then what that could allude to, and then just a couple of Yeah, I really am interested in hearing people's theories.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Yeah, I love to hear. It kind of reminded me a little bit of the Phoebe hands Jack episode, where it just kind of feels like there's no how did you like that was the case.
Speaker 1: With Phoebe hands Juck? Is there was one suspect in that?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yeah, I know in this one there's.
Speaker 1: None, Like who would have done that?
Speaker 2: Why? It's fascinating love to know about that. Yeah, the guys that handed her the box, that is so fascinating. What's my poor peave is when you go to a cafe or a restaurant and they give you the really short small glasses that you can't put much water in it all, or the.
Speaker 1: Really really half Oh I hate why do you hate them? I do them because they know people don't really drink a full glass of water at a caf.
Speaker 2: They're terrible because they keep coming back to film mine. But it's like you have to kind of go.
Speaker 1: You're a real thirsty guard.
Speaker 2: Come, what's yours today?
Speaker 1: Today? You remember the friend a couple of weeks ago. When motorbikes speed up to make that stupid loud noise.
Speaker 2: Yes, that doesn't make you whole. It's a single lady the exact. Oh okay.
Speaker 1: That I just hate when it, especially sitting at like a restaurant recovery of something sitting outside, and a motorbike rides past. Like I know, motorbikes allowed by their nature.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 1: I have no issue with people riding a motorbike if they choose to. Not sure, if you want to be more susceptible to death in an accident, that's on you.
Speaker 2: That's fine. I shouldn't put it like that, yep, But why the.
Speaker 1: Fuck you need to rev and speed up and do this stupid over the top loud noises past people standing or sitting on the street.
Speaker 2: I hate boys will be born.
Speaker 1: No, that's that's a fucking poor dry peeve as well as that's stupid our sentence. No boys, there's not an excuse. The softest, most beautiful man, I'm really taking out of my mail.
Speaker 2: If you want to watch my comedy special, it's a good plug, good joke. It all for a plug. If you'll watch my comedy special tomorrow, God she can, and I got to love that if you did.
Speaker 1: Actually, can I say for the record, Sammy is not someone who actually uses the two boys will be boys as an excuse. He's the last person in the world even to do that. Just realize or rage then I saw it absolutely read when you said that sentence. But you are saying to be funny, please, Sammy's Comedy Special is just the best hour of comedy like that. It makes you fall in love with him so purely and so deeply, and it's so funny and it is so pure and it is so wonderful and just I implore you. Her magis straight. Watch this. You're so lucky that you get to see for free that it's on.
Speaker 2: Thank you g on YouTube. I absolutely love doing it. It was just filmed in one take. Quite a nerve wracking experience to go and do that, But I absolutely love the night that it was on and I went into it kind of going, this is just the night that I do it. And I had a great time doing it. It was so much fun at Comedy of Public. So it'll be in the Comedy Public YouTube channel. You can follow me personally and sending Peter's an unofficial but we'll also put it on the Instagram of Not Another Crime Ver We will ow Yeah, as always, thank you Oliver Clark for doing the theme music. Thank you to Tams and Hayes for doing the artwork. Thank you again to Mith Warhurst and Oliver Clark for coming on our absolutely one year anniversary. It was so much fun. It was so much fun.
Speaker 1: We asked them both to come here and then we just kind of spoke at them for an hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, to do much and just a great mix of guests. It was just so funny to have those two here.
Speaker 1: And the number of people say, I've got to say that you commented in seeing the YouTube vision or seeing the photos of Oliver Clark wearing his full three piece. A number of people that have commented, he's dressed perfectly for the airport children.
Speaker 2: Oh, I have seen that. So funny. Yeah for you, your pet pave, he is dressed perfectly for the airport, but not for a goddamn motorbike. Thank you Ja this week for telling that case.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry that I know it's really like like unfulfilling because there's no real answer to us.
Speaker 2: Cases always are.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward to having discussions with you guys about what you think.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, we will see you this coming Thursday as well with a very special guest. That's all I'll say.
Speaker 1: I have been practicing this. Oh my goodness, oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Have a great week everybody. Bye.