Speaker 1: Monday afternoon. Welcome everyone. It's to pick up Britt, Laura and Mitch. Purchase any fragrance from Chemist Warehouse this Valentine's Day and receive free fast delivery. It ends the fourteenth or fair three pm.
Speaker 2: I'm in my first argument with my new boyfriend Ben.
Speaker 1: I've beaten around the bush.
Speaker 2: I had to get it out.
Speaker 3: This is the fact I'm in an argument. So we've been dating for about the four months now.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a bit of Mayo three.
Speaker 2: And a half, I mean dating. Okay, he hooked up three and a half.
Speaker 1: You're counting hours at this point. Four hours, twelve day, sixty minutes.
Speaker 3: So this was back when we were doing our weekend radio show. Mitch I had facetimed Ben because he'd asked me something. So we're having a quick conversation. There was all this urgency because Mitch had said, okay back on air twenty seconds. I signed off really quickly on the phone call, and I was a bit panicky, so I was.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, okay, I gotta go, go to go.
Speaker 3: I was going ten seconds, ten seconds, So Mitch was like panicking and I was like, okay, gay, Okay, you gotta go love you bye. And then I hung up the phone and then I looked at Mitch and I said, oh my god, I've just said I love you.
Speaker 2: But I didn't. It was a throwaway, like.
Speaker 1: Sign off with we have the audio. I spoke to the team, and we have the audio back end because we were recording, we were about to go on. This is that moment.
Speaker 3: I think I just said love you by That's fine, that's cute.
Speaker 4: I do not think that that could in any way be classified as and I love you.
Speaker 1: No, she still said it, regardless of the setup and regardless of the circumstances. She said I love you.
Speaker 3: And it accounts because I said it so quickly as you heard KKKVN you love you, love you bye. I was like, oh, he's not going to have heard that anyway. Two seconds later I get a text did you just say I love you? And I did what any normal woman would do, and I gas lit him and I said no, I did not say that.
Speaker 2: Yes, lie right, And he was like, no, you did I heard it?
Speaker 3: And I said no, no, nothing to sit here anyway, knowing that it was recorded. Two weeks later, he told me he loved me on the phone, but Ben's like a super overachiever, speaks four languages. He said I love you in another language, but I knew what he was saying, and so I did the same thing. I said, hang on, you just told me he loved me, and he's like, well, no, I didn't.
Speaker 2: I said, yes, you did. She's in another language. You just said it in French and he said no, it doesn't count.
Speaker 3: And I said why because it's in and he thinks, because it's in another language, it doesn't count. So now we're in this argument about who said they love him first, because I said it accidentally on a throwaway, but it's been recorded and he knows that.
Speaker 4: I think Ben might need to have a lesson that speaking in another language doesn't make it an accident.
Speaker 2: You can you accidently.
Speaker 4: Said I love you and he purposely said it but in another I feel like all French people would probably argue that it counts.
Speaker 1: You can't go up to a bank teller at Westpac and go I'm going to rob this bank, but say it in Portuguese. No, calm down.
Speaker 3: I think at the end of the day, on a technicality, it was me, but in a meaningful depths of I love you. It was him.
Speaker 4: I absolutely think that saying it by accident doesn't count. And I say this because I often say things without thinking. My brain and my mouth are not connected.
Speaker 2: Okay, the only difference is Mitch knows this.
Speaker 3: I said it subliminally throwaway, but I did love him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I didn't mean to say it, but I loved it.
Speaker 1: You said it first. And I also think you just need to fold what a boring argument, Just say you love him and move on. Be done with it.
Speaker 2: Ye, it's the rest of you.
Speaker 3: It could be the rest of your life. And who's the winner? You know, and I'm pretty competitive.
Speaker 1: This is going to be an interesting relationship.
Speaker 2: They do say pick your battles, and it sounds like.
Speaker 1: All right, we need to get Addie will and what you're standing by in studio. We'll be back tomorrow with a very exciting show. Rebel Wilson will be here.
Speaker 4: Yes, we have such a big one, speaking about everything from her surrogacy to her relationship with Ramona. It's going to be huge.
Speaker 1: Rebel joined us tomorrow at the pickup See bye, love you, Thanks bye,