Speaker 1: Laura. Come on, Ollo, ladies, how are we?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 3: Hello, good, welcome, welcome.
Speaker 1: Happy Tuesday.
Speaker 2: We're good.
Speaker 1: I was just reading up on the Sabrina Carpenter curse you guys across.
Speaker 2: This No, no, so imagine like that's what you're going viral for being a curse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't understand what's happened.
Speaker 1: They're calling me the female Drake, right, you know, Sabrina Carpenter Espresso, you'd love it.
Speaker 4: She fronted for Taylor Swift when Taylor Swift was here touring.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now she she's currently touring all around the US. And what she's doing is she's wearing different like basketball baseball team jerseys and they're like glzzy and all glam dark.
Speaker 3: No, she's wearing just like it's not even that manch She's.
Speaker 2: Just wearing sports jerseys, like all different sports. So she's done football, she's done hockey, basketball, baseball.
Speaker 3: She loves a jersey some kind of her look right, no pants underneath you wears a dress.
Speaker 2: But a lot of them are personalized, like the team would have sent them to her, or they're from her hometown or whatever. But lately, every single one that she has worn, the team has then lost. And some of them are really big moments. Some of them are like crucial moments to keep them in the playoffs or they have to stay in to do this, this or this, And every time she wears one.
Speaker 3: They lose.
Speaker 4: She's probably not going to get any more free shirts.
Speaker 3: I would say, I think so. I think people like stop wearing it.
Speaker 2: This.
Speaker 4: For some reason, this reminds me of do you remember when obviously, when the COVID virus happened and Corona covid. I just remember, no way Corona Corona beer being named after something that was so terrible. The last thing you want it for her is to be like known as the curse that then makes all of these sports playoffs lose.
Speaker 1: You'd be so devastrat if you named you Charlie Bowler ten years ago. And then beautiful name though it is, it's like any Bolerler.
Speaker 3: That's probably got the name.
Speaker 2: Hey, big show coming up today. But I do tell you my sister Sherry.
Speaker 1: We love Sherry.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Shockingly made international headlines. Literally, I saw her on the international news. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is it your fault? Partially?
Speaker 1: I feel like it always your fault? All right, that's next here to pick up well give a Tuesday afternoon. Everyone. Hi.
Speaker 2: So before we come in and do the show, we all jump online and we trol the world for news that we can talk about.
Speaker 3: What is everyone doing, what's going down?
Speaker 2: And I was today over in the UK for the UK News seeing what was happening on that side of the world.
Speaker 3: So were you were about to say?
Speaker 2: You were actually in the UK, and I was like, wow, you're back here, fast in here.
Speaker 3: Well, we cruise through the country, so I was like, let's see what's happening over in the UK.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of crazy news from the UK as well.
Speaker 2: So anyway, imagine my shock when I open up the news over there and staring back at me is my sister Sherry.
Speaker 3: Oh there's a whole photo with a bold headline about my sister.
Speaker 2: And I was like what because my sister lives over in Scotland, and I was like, what the hell?
Speaker 3: That is so weird.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I went on a story that happened to her last week. I told on Life on Cut podcast and I thought nothing of it. I told the story and then got on with it, and it has gone bonkers. I've since googled it. Her story has gone around the world.
Speaker 3: It's not just on the mirror.
Speaker 4: I opened up so like I was going on daily Mail, and I mean everything ends up on daily Mail, but I opened up, you know, female, it's like a section which is like, here's all the news that you were like, if you're a woman. I clicked on it and there is a massive picture of Sherry's face as the number one start article in the country.
Speaker 1: Did you tell a story of the show?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I'm going to tell you. It's so Sherry's living every in the UK.
Speaker 2: She just had a baby, like pretty a couple of weeks old, and she was really starting to feel unwell, like getting a bit of a cold or something, and so she instead of taking medication because you can't really, she was like, I'm just going to go back the old school way and buy a leader of orange juice, get all the vitamin C from it. Because she's also a nutritus rise, get all your vitamins juice. I mean you can, of course, you can get stuff naturally, so yeah, with cordial.
Speaker 1: Mitch, I'm thinking of one.
Speaker 2: No, So she got the orange juice anyway, she knew how much she had in there. She sectioned it out for the week, went about a day and then she went back to the fridge later that day to get her juice and it was gone. And she just lives with her and her husband, so she went back out to her husband Jay. She's like, raging, I cannot believe you would take my juice when I'm sick.
Speaker 3: I've had a baby. You know that that's all I need to get me through and to get me better. And he was like, whoa, what are you talking about.
Speaker 1: Jasu a gentleman, we know Jay. He would never do that without asking.
Speaker 3: Jay is the best.
Speaker 4: And also Sherry's breastfeeding at the moment, so like for anyone who's ever been breastfeeding, it is like you need to have liquid, you need to drink all the time. You're always dehydrated, and you get really excited about the things that you want to have.
Speaker 2: So she was raging, right, and He's like, it wasn't me, and she's like, oh, it wasn't me.
Speaker 3: Also full hormones, but she's like, who was it then?
Speaker 2: Jay? Because they live alone, so Jay's brother, her brother in law, lives downstairs in the apartments as well, so they were like, must have been him.
Speaker 3: So they went down to ask him, this is Sharan just like raging sharing to asked him. He was like, I haven't even been upstairs. What are you talking about? Sharan was like, stop gaslighting me.
Speaker 2: One of you have taken it because no one else lives here. Then they were trying to think of who else it could have been, and they realized the only other person to have come into that house was a trade that they had come to fix some windows.
Speaker 3: And they were like, surely not.
Speaker 2: So they luckily have a door cam, so they went to the door cam and watched back through the footage and they have this photo so good of the trade leaving with.
Speaker 3: A Lita bottle of juice under his arm.
Speaker 2: The whole thing get out in that going to someone's house doing a job like unclogging a toilet and then taking home a barbecue chicken on your way out of that bridge, and.
Speaker 1: He took he's got his shoes in his hand, like get off to the gym.
Speaker 2: But this is the thing, right, he was blight enough to take his shoes off to enter the house, but then just did his grocery.
Speaker 3: Shopping on the way. I was like, so he took the whole leader of orangehoes, not a drink. It wasn't just thirsty.
Speaker 2: It was like, I'm just going to concuse it was there to do? Was it a quick job or just fix some windows? So he's not coming back, but it's gone viral and we've had so many people writing to us about these funny things.
Speaker 4: I'm desperate. I am desperate for the trading to see this because it has gone so viral that I think he will see it.
Speaker 1: Poor Bustard didn't realize Cherry Hockley gave her a quick Google, so it didn't realize he's the sister to Brittany Hockley with the biggest podcast radio show in Australia. He's doomed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'd love to know for you guys listening, like what has a trading done to you? Like what experience has happened. We've got a lot of poopy stories, but I reckon there are so many funny ones.
Speaker 3: Toilet Oh, I.
Speaker 4: Mean respect to them, they've got to go to the toilet somewhere. And if you have a trade coming to your house, you've got to let them look like use the loop.
Speaker 2: I agree, but they could clean up after themselves. There's got to be some like trady etiquette. I think trades can always have a drink as long as it said he while you're working. If you get thirsty, like help yourself to a glass of water. That is different from stealing an unopened leader of orange.
Speaker 1: Our phone lines already blowing up. Let's got a break. We check your traffic when we come back. What did the trady do? How did you catch him next? On the pickup?
Speaker 3: If you're just joining us, welcome.
Speaker 2: We have been having a bit of a laugh about a story that happened to my sister. She had a trade come to her house to fix a window. While he was there, he decided to take an entire unopened liter of orange juice from her fridge. Just took it and Sheridan caught him with their door camp so she didn't catch me in person. The juice went missing and she couldn't get to the bottom of who took the juice, And then she saw the trady doing a runner with this whole lider of juice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you spoke about it on your podcast Life and Cut. Now it's gone viral. One of the biggest stories on the Mirror in the UK.
Speaker 2: We've had some people I've had some people texted in on our text line in the break, I want to read you something out. I once had a worker take an entire block of unopened parmesan cheese.
Speaker 1: Like a wheel, like a whole round rolling.
Speaker 4: He was making dinner that night and he just he wasn't going to be able to get out to the shop, so he had a quick little shop in your fridge.
Speaker 3: Go to someone's fridge and pantry your grocery.
Speaker 4: It's also just really ballsy, though, because it's more so that like the fear of getting caught or the fear of someone knowing that you've done it. Like, it's so ballsy to think you can get away with this. Also, palmes and cheese, it's a good one.
Speaker 1: That's that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I came home and found a trading having a nap in my son's bed.
Speaker 1: You can't do that in the sun's bed too. There's an underlying creature.
Speaker 2: But you're paying this person. Yeah, you're paying this person and they're asleep is one thing, but asleep.
Speaker 1: In your kids bed, you know. I once had a trading over and he was a family friend. He came over to mount a TV in my bedroom, but he also hung a mirror that was lying there on the on the ground. I didn't ask him, he just hung it. So it's the opposite side of I had the same thing.
Speaker 2: I had someone come and hang some art, and then he saw the mirror on the wall too, on the floor, and he was like jumping, hangar.
Speaker 1: I'll see that. There were good traders out there. Emily's called us, Hey, what did your trade do? What did you catch him doing?
Speaker 5: They were and I house installing a fence, and I was just sitting in my laund dream and then looked up and he was winging in the backyard.
Speaker 3: Were just in the loand room window.
Speaker 2: Maybe he didn't want to use your tweeler because he'd heard us all complain about it, so we thought I'll just do it in the garden.
Speaker 1: Was he doing it on bitchmen or was it grass or bush?
Speaker 5: It was grass.
Speaker 3: It's nice that leads at name. It kills. It's terrible for the lawn at least.
Speaker 1: Hey, what happened with your trading? What did you catch him doing? In the act? Redhanded?
Speaker 6: Hey? Yeah, I was had the apprentice over and he was in the backyard, and all of a sudden I heard a girl's voice, and he'd invited his girlfriend around to have lunch in the middle of the stop.
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 3: I mean, if he gets his lunch break, you can do whatever you want in that time.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Were you mad about that, Elice?
Speaker 6: No, I was trying to play it. Course was just like, oh yeah, but she didn't come back again, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: In that trade's defense, I dated a trade a builder for eight years, and I used to take him lunch and have lunch with him on the job site too. Would you go to someone's house though they're living there. No, I would go to job sites when they were like being built. I wouldn't go into someone's house, but I saw to get it. Okay, what about this one. I have a lady that cleans my house. I came home and I found her, wait for it, having a bubble bar.
Speaker 1: It is the pick up around the country. Brittle or a midch Tuesday RVO.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 1: If you want your news headlines for your Tuesday, give us about ten minutes plus your traffic for your drive home. Are you picking up the kids in about five? Welcome everyone.
Speaker 4: I came across an article that had me in absolute stitches over the weekend.
Speaker 3: So imagine this.
Speaker 4: Imagine Okay, it's late at night and you have a loved one that's been buried in a cemetery.
Speaker 3: That's not funny, Okay, lots of us have that, all right, But you go to visit them.
Speaker 4: You're having a late visit at a cemetery to share dinner with your loved one, and all of a sudden you hear.
Speaker 2: A ghost. Is that the cemetery with you? And you think, oh my god, is that arnt Mildred. No, it's not art, Mildred. It's actually just a twenty four year old man who's hiding in the cemetery making ghost noises.
Speaker 3: Oh, that would be really scared.
Speaker 1: She had a joint. What's the story? Yeah, I'm imagining that punchline.
Speaker 2: There's a guy in the States who's been arrested hiding in cemeteries making ghost noises at poor people who are going to visit their to.
Speaker 3: Visit their family. What's being arrested for? What is it? He pleaded guilty to using threatened tending to be a ghost, or abusive behavior.
Speaker 4: Likely to cause distress and was fined thirty five pounds.
Speaker 3: It wasn't a lot of money. I I also said it was in the US, but it was and it was in the UK. But you know what the fine details of this story to.
Speaker 1: Think Aboutlaura's when she reads something, she just goes to the are cemetery aren't mildred, but leaves all detail out.
Speaker 4: But don't you think it's so fun I feel like all of us have, not that we've hidden in a cemetery, but the idea.
Speaker 3: Of done that.
Speaker 1: I think I speak for all of us when I say we've all prayked someone behind the grave, We've all embalmed someone and then laughed at them.
Speaker 2: I think it's so funny that you can be fined for this, That this is an actual law, that you can't hide in a cemetery and pretend to be a ghost. And you know what that means. It's time for Britt. She's back, She's brought it back.
Speaker 3: It's time for laws. Laws. Here we go, laws laws now.
Speaker 2: There are lots of very silly laws out there, and people have been arrested and fine for many things like woo in a cemetery.
Speaker 1: Laura, because you have to set this up. We have done this before. Laura has this weird hard on for laws. She brings up laws from around the world, and she tells us Britt that in thinking, we're going to love them, and they're the weirdest things ever.
Speaker 3: The thing is is that these are so stupid.
Speaker 4: But somebody had to have done it for it to be implemented as a law. That's why I find it fascinating. So here we go, laws, laws. I've got a couple of good ones for you. In Florida, unmarried women who parachute on Sundays can be fined or jailed, but only on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Surely days from like the seventeen on where they paraguided in the seventeen hundred.
Speaker 1: Imagine being that one woman who did it on a Sunday and they're like, you, wench, we're setting go to the courts.
Speaker 2: Now, legislation, guys, we need to get on the patriarchy about this, because this is a rule that was created to uphold traditional values and social norms regarding appropriate activities for women on Sundays.
Speaker 3: All right, Next one, in.
Speaker 2: Kentucky, it's illegal to die Duckling's blue and to sell them. I mean, yeah, animal cruelty, it's true. Why so he ducks though?
Speaker 1: Yeah, also could you do it?
Speaker 3: Pink and green and yellow, blue blue is specifically the law. But yeah, it's for animal welfare purposes. Okay.
Speaker 4: In Tennessee it is a legal Oh no, this is what I understand. But in Tennessee it's illegal to use someone else's Netflix account.
Speaker 3: You can be fined.
Speaker 2: That should be everywhere. Mitch, you'd be done. You'd be in prison for you actually are on Guys. Look, yeah, I mean, Mitch, you would share anyones you actually know. You were talking about how you were sharing yours recently. You've also been a victim of this.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: And lastly, guys, this is one that I think we can all really take home and appreciate.
Speaker 3: In Alaska, it is illegal to push a live moose out of an aeroplane.
Speaker 2: This regulation addresses concerns for both the welfare of the moose and the safety considerations for people on the ground.
Speaker 3: I feel like it.
Speaker 2: Should be illegal to push any animal out of an airplane.
Speaker 3: Why are we just on the moose.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but imagine being on the ground and you see a moose flying out of an aeroplane.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh God, think of the people and the moose, a bear.
Speaker 3: Fly out of it? Briti, Same guys. You're taking this a little bit too seriously.
Speaker 2: Somebody or segment, somebody out there pushed a moose out of an aeroplane and you shouldn't do that.
Speaker 3: They got fined for it. Maybe it fell out of the aeroplane. Who knows why was it in there anyway?
Speaker 1: So many questions that Laura doesn't have the answers for that.
Speaker 3: Is it for laws, laws and back.
Speaker 2: If you're going to a semi this weekend, don't make any ghosts noises noises.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for it to be rested for another nine months. We did that segment like twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: It's coming back.
Speaker 1: We're getting out of here.