Speaker 1: Gooday, my name's Peter Hellier and welcome to you Ain't Seen Nothing Yet the movie podcast where I speak to movie lovers about classic or beloved movies. They haven't quite got around a scene yet until now?
Speaker 2: Why so serious? Can mind? If I tried?
Speaker 3: You may be lare wax on? Wax off? What happening right?
Speaker 2: No, you ain't seen nothing?
Speaker 1: And my guest today Luke McGregor. Luke McGregor is a magnificent human being. My first laid eyes on Luke when I went to Channel thirty one to do a guest spot. I was a guest and looked at a sketch and I couldn't help but think, who is that guy? I cast him in the pile of episode of It's a Date. It was also the first time that I had directed in an episode that saw him on a date with the fabulous Sybylla Budd. I did some gigs early with Luke in the stand up clubs before the audience had worked out or knew who Luke was, and they were a bit unsure, to be honest, what to make of him?
Speaker 3: Did this guy know he was.
Speaker 1: Funny because he looks like he might be about the crime? But When the penny dropped four audiences around Australia, they knew they were watching someone who had a touch of the comedy genius about him. Lucas has gone on to evolve his comedy from talking about being an awkward Pasmanian ginger nut to being candid about his sexual challenges in the fantastic documentary Luke Warm Sex, and also his obsession compulsive disorder.
Speaker 3: He's also well known for the award winning.
Speaker 1: Fabulous ABC TV series which he does with his great mate Silly Pacola, called rose Haven.
Speaker 3: It was great to hang out with my mate Luke McGregor.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm Litt McGregor, and my top three favorite films are Ghostbusters, We Came, We Saw, We Kicked it Out a Bronx TWL. It don't take much strength to pull a trigger, but try and get up every morning, day after day and work for a living. Let's see him try that. Then, while she was the real tough guy, the working man is the tough guy, Your father's the tough guy. And the new sonnic Behdgehog movie. You haven't seen it, but I'm sure it'll be right up fair. I'm son a little blue ball of super energy, in an extremely handsome package. But I've never seen a Godfather. You don't even link to Colling Golfer, and I just watched it recently.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna make him an awful again with you.
Speaker 2: Thanks three days ago you're come into.
Speaker 4: My house and there my daughters can be married, and you ask me to the murder.
Speaker 1: The shoting sounds of g Varney. Nino Rot has beautiful score of the Godfather in nineteen seventy two, based on the book by Mary Apuzo. He wrote the movie as well. Luke McGregor, how dare you mentioned something the Hedgehog movie.
Speaker 3: In this studio?
Speaker 2: The reviews have triggled in and some of them are saying it's not terrible.
Speaker 1: Were you part of the outrage machine that jumped on at the first the first look at Sonic the Hedgehog.
Speaker 2: No, I mean it did look like a guy in a Sonic the Hedgehog suit, but it was I never until the movie comes out, I don't judge it too harshly. Even if a trailer is terrible, I'll still as a massive had of video games. I was curious, like I wanted it to succeed because I want to see more video game movies.
Speaker 3: But what is the best video game movie?
Speaker 2: Oh so far, Wreck at Ralph's not really a videogo movie, but it's very good. It's not based on an established video game, but it's probably the best movie that at least incorporated them. I'd say, yeah, but the best one, I got it.
Speaker 1: There's Lara Kraft, Lara, are you and Angela Jolie Lara Krutt fan or a.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen the new one?
Speaker 3: The new one, I haven't seen it. The actress, she was brilliant.
Speaker 1: She's an Academy Award winner, and I've completely I've interviewed her and I've completely blanked on her name.
Speaker 2: I have too. I know she was in Ex Machina and she was great, But I had not seen the new tune Rato. I don't even know it's the list. Actually, the reviews weren't great.
Speaker 3: So let's say go back to the other films that you mentioned that I were.
Speaker 5: You were.
Speaker 1: More truthful. I think Ghostbusters and a Bronx Tale. Ghostbusters I think has come up before as somebody as somebody's favorite film, very popular. Do you remember seeing that in the cinemas or.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I didn't see the cinemas. I saw the second one in the cinemas, but not the first. I can't actually remember the first time I saw the first one. It was just like I just remember being born, and then somewhere along the line, Ghostbusters is a part of my life.
Speaker 3: I'm a bit older than you.
Speaker 1: I remember Ghostbusters coming out, and I remember the marketing and like, I actually kind.
Speaker 3: Of sad that song a lot, the Ray Packer Junior song, of course.
Speaker 1: And then I actually kind of cite Ghostbusters marketing as like one of the best marketing campaigns for a movie that I can remember, because I was and this is obviously pre social media, but I was completely hooked into the the on this movie. I had a Ghostbusters tank top back in the days where I wore a tank top until I saw a photo of me in a tank top and I thought I shouldn't wear tank tops anymore. That's that's the beauty of you know, photos taking two weeks to arrive.
Speaker 3: But I was in.
Speaker 1: I had, you know, about three or four Ghostbusters T shirts, and that was before the movie came out, Yeah, before they came out, Before it came out, I was like, I'm I'm in for this.
Speaker 2: Hello, Ghostbusters. We got one at started last year. I spent I gave someone I didn't know in England three thousand dollars to make a replica proton pack, and a couple of days ago I finally got it with the electronics installed, and now it's I've got a fully functioning product. Pack doesn't fire as proton stream, but it makes all the sounds and noises if it as.
Speaker 3: If it did, that is amazing.
Speaker 1: Okay, you need to send us a photo and we will put up on our Instagram page.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it probably got a couple probably, all right, So.
Speaker 1: It arrives, the proton pack arrives. Are you thrilled with the outcome?
Speaker 2: When it first arrived, it didn't work. It didn't have any electronics.
Speaker 3: The guy, I mean, it wasn't busting ghosts.
Speaker 2: It wasn't busting ghosts. I've been mocking the ghost in my house going you guys times up for And it didn't work. So the the guy paid to do it was a guy recommended on the Ghostbuster's forums to as a good prop maker, and he was, but he's not. He wasn't doing it anymore. So my pack was the last one he made, and I had paid for a trap. I paid for electronics, and he canceled the trap, canceled electronics, gave me discount and just sent me the pack and this box of electronics. I nothing. I had no idea how to do what to do with. So that became the quest ticket in the Victorian Ghostbusters Facebook group, which took ages because one of the guys he does props for rose Haven does knew someone in the group. But it's very hard to get in the group. There's something about forty members. I know that now. I asked him, can you get in contact with someone in the group to get me into the group so I can find someone who can make my proton pack work? And then I finally got in, but they left the poster which was basically who's this guy? Is he legit? Blah blah blah. I think he's a ranger, comedian, all this stuff. They didn't delete that discussion thread, so I saw it all when I joined.
Speaker 3: The group exactly.
Speaker 2: But they let me in and one legend in there put the electronics in for me. I've got a fully functioning product pack and I'm a proud member of the vic Ghostbusters group.
Speaker 3: So when do you wear it?
Speaker 2: But yes, last night at the moment, just joined the house. But I guess I'll start wearing it to I don't know, supernovas and stuff and comic events. Yeah, don't. I don't really know, to be honest. And they call these books who conveniently show up to deal with the problem with a fake electronic light show. Everything was fine with our system until the power grid was shut off by dickless here.
Speaker 3: They caused an explosion. Is this true? Yes, it's true. This man has no dick. So have you walked around the house by yourself wearing this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got a video of it. I put it on.
Speaker 1: And when people will come over, you know, you're you're busy on the dating scene. When do you let a lady know that you have a Ghostbusters proteon.
Speaker 2: I haven't had a girl over since it arrived at.
Speaker 3: The house, since ghosbuses came out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been real, so I'm not sure how all we are. I'll probably will grab it out there and he prays anyone who comes in the house gets to see it.
Speaker 3: Well, next show, you do you wear it on stage and claim it on tax.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about just putting some joke I'm not sure what it is. I'll be heavy, just wear it the whole set. I love it so much.
Speaker 3: And a Bronx Tail.
Speaker 2: Bronxtail is the film that I it's probably it's It's easy one of my favorite movies. I think rober Denara is directing debut.
Speaker 3: I think yes and chas Pell and TERI.
Speaker 2: But it's the film I quote when I'm trying to sound cool in a group. Right, Ghostbusters is my real favorite film, but Bronx Tail is like almost equal to it. When Sony looked at me for the first time I went down, I couldn't hear. All I could see was Sony with the gun in his hand.
Speaker 3: So, if you're on a date and you want to impress a girl, she says, she's in the film, she.
Speaker 2: Says the Lighthouse, I'll go, okay, well or something, because I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just to show my range, sometimes I would I would use foreign language films as a way of kind of saying, you know, look how culture and I am.
Speaker 2: Return of the Dragon is a comedy group.
Speaker 1: Excellent choices are Luck McGregor. But let's talk with Godfather now. I'll point out that the Godfather I was stoked when you raise this, because it is my second favorite film of all time, beaten only by the sequel, which you have ahead of you. But why have you not seen The Godfather? I particularly because you're like the Bronx Tale, so you're obviously like the Nero and not that they're completely identical films, but there they live in the same ballpark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just a lot to chew. I guess it's a three and a bit of our film and just to sit down and go I might watch I've got a lot of video games, as you know, and you just sit down and watch The Godfather.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a you have over the years chosen something the Hedgehog over The Godfather.
Speaker 2: Many times, many times. Yeah, it was just a big chunk. It's the same with Rocky. I'd never seen Rocky until the last year. I just like, oh god, I should really watch Rocky at some point, and so I started watching Rocky and then just watched all of them, and so The Godfather was the next one, and then it was on the horizon. But then when the podcast come up, I'm like, oh, perfect it, now watch it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now watch a second and what did you what were your thoughts or your frame of references for the Godfather, Like what did you know about it?
Speaker 3: Or what did you think you knew about it?
Speaker 2: Just the sort of legend around Melon Brando, and then just that it was, you know, the mob film. I guess, Okay, my.
Speaker 5: Father's way of doing things is all.
Speaker 3: It's finished. Even he knows that.
Speaker 1: I mean, in five years, the Corleone family is going to be completely legitimate.
Speaker 2: Trust me. That's all I can tell you about my business. When I went to watch it, I thought, I'll just watch half an hour a day until the podcast.
Speaker 3: Because that's our friends is for a couple of one, did you yeah?
Speaker 2: And then I and then I thought, I just watched it. I just do half an hour darkly that and then but the first time I checked around, just watched the whole things were so good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I did a similar thing with the Irishman.
Speaker 1: Actually, I thought, I'm going to watch because there's a way you can watch forty five minutes per night, and they aline there's a forum or something that tells you when to stop watching. When to stop, Yeah, when they stop, And I thought, okay, great, I'll watch it over three nights and just watched the whole three and a half hours in one go.
Speaker 3: It was great.
Speaker 1: So so you enjoyed it, What were your thoughts? I?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I loved it, Like I didn't want it to end. I wanted to know like it when it ended, I was, I'm assuming we can do spoilers on this.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: When they closed the door, which is such a sort of powerful scene, I thought, so his wife was there and they just closed the door, and I wanted to be back inside that door finding out more about their world. It was just fascinating this one time.
Speaker 3: I'm like, ask me about my affairs too.
Speaker 2: And also I loved how like Marlon Brando feels a bit invincible at the start, and then you realize just how only gets shot getting fruit Like it's such a you realize just how vulnerable people are and how much their power revolves around other people perceiving them as powerful. Yeah, and then you know, one bullet and that's it's all over.
Speaker 1: It's particularly vulnerable when there's oranges around that there is an oranges basically in this movie Mean Death.
Speaker 2: It's that risk of knowing you need the vitamin C, but the danger of the bullets and it's you know, it's really gonna wait.
Speaker 3: Up for So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, were you surprised because, as you said, you kind of when you if you go into The Godfather without seeing it, I imagine now you are thinking, obviously, you know Paccino's heavily involved with it, and but you got to do think of Marlon Brando when you think of The Godfather. Were you surprised that he was bumped off? I mean, obviously he's just this assassination and he dies.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What I liked about it was that, like the way he ended up dying and and sort of being phased out was quite sad.
Speaker 3: Sonny Michael, Michael, is he all right? We don't know yet? These all kinds of stories.
Speaker 5: Said Bad.
Speaker 3: Home Kid should.
Speaker 2: Be my mom in your head. So you had Patino entering the world. The film was really good at making you feel like this world is incredibly important and then immediately transferring over to the belief that this doesn't matter at all. None of this matters, because you saw Marlon Brando, who'd spent so much building this up, only to sort of you really see him happy when he's playing with the child. And then you see sort of Patino choosing it but really being trapped in it now and he sort of missed his chance of happiness because it's he probably had his best chance before it, like pre at the start of the film, where he wasn't involved in the life that was. Now he's on the same path. It was great. I just none of I've explained myself free will, but the way it was.
Speaker 1: The scene of development of Michael is really kind of fascinating.
Speaker 3: That he comes in.
Speaker 1: He doesn't really he's a bit a little bit embarrassed about, you know, the family, but I mean yes and no, because he has those great scenes with Kay at the Doane Keaton at the wedding, and then a brilliant way of introducing what the family does. That opening let's call it a scene sequence, I guess is probably the more accurate word. At of the wedding is so brilliant with the don inside taking all these meetings, and then you know the music and and there's a little bitsy capture here and there, and then Michael and Kay arrive and it's and he gives you you know, that's where he an offer he can't refuse. Line his first is first mentioned, and he gives you an insight is what this what the family is? And what he actually in the you will end up becoming. But also that he it's not he says, that's my family, that's not me. So he's removing himself and it's just it's it's beautifully done that there is talking to himself.
Speaker 5: That's scary guy over there.
Speaker 2: He's a very scary Well who is he? What's his name?
Speaker 1: His name is Luca Bradsy.
Speaker 3: He helps my father out sometime. Oh Michael, wait a minute, he's coming off here.
Speaker 4: Oh you look terrific.
Speaker 1: I've got the Tom Higgins key Adams.
Speaker 4: Your father's been out very nice to me.
Speaker 2: You he part that bugs me And this is not this is not a suddenly godfather more. I don't quite know how crime works. But when when they give when the horses heads in the bed ride and it's like, you got to give this guy right on the film, he's like nat and they're like, all right, well, horse in your bed and he's like okay. To me, it's like, well they've already done the bad thing. It says. I was like, well, now now you're gonna give them role in the film, He's like, no, you killed my horse. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna put him in. Now you had a bit of a j if he'd said, I will kill your horse, then I'll put him in the film. But you now you've just gone and killed the horse.
Speaker 1: It wasn't bad enough that they even killed the horse in the stable and left it, let it there to be discovered. Yeah, you know you're a heavy sleeper when you wake up and somebody has put horse's.
Speaker 3: Head crept in the middle of the night.
Speaker 1: The logistics are putting the horse's head into somebody's bed without waking them up. Well, that's when you know he must have had to know doze or something.
Speaker 2: That's I'm underwey that I wonder if that's what skared in the most. Not so much the horse's head, but just how just the ninja skills of these guys to be able to infiltrate his mansion, to captate a horse and then get it into his MIoD without waking up any more. The stuff that's an elite unit. That's that's you don't want to mess with.
Speaker 1: Throughout the rest of the film and even the series. They're not a ninja like like you know they do. They tend the rock up and then they don't clutter their way through a scene to you know, to bump somebody off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they try to be quiet, but they're not. They're not ninjas.
Speaker 1: So I would liked to have seen the scene where they do place the horses head under because they have to actually get take the diner off, place the head in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah put Yeah. I wonder if he'd got up in the middle of the night to take a whiz but and didn't notice it at first, They didn't notice him tell us the light outside. I loved the Game of Thrones of it as well, the sort of constant jostling and it maybe want to be a gangster in a way. But the other thing that buzzed me about gangsters is if you're a henchman, you're just like, all right, oh you're a bob boss. Sorry. Everyone's always betraying each other. Ye, So how do they sort of stop that? Because it just becomes about money at some point who can pay the most? So do you like, all right, I'm going to employ you. If someone else offers you a some to kill me or to do something bad, to tell me.
Speaker 3: And I'll pay you.
Speaker 2: Give an opportunity, Yeah, just at least give me a chance to bide for it. They must be on edge the whole time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think a life of crime would suit you.
Speaker 2: I think to action, especially because like I already worry enough about social interactions. To add an element of assassination to that would just be would really set me out of the edge.
Speaker 1: The opening scene or sequence the don the godfather Marlon Brando is taking he's having meetings because as his legend, apparently no Sicilian can refuse a request on their daughter's wedding day. Let me gregor you if you were at the wedding and you had to, you know you were keen to take up the opportunity. What would you be asking for inside the dons.
Speaker 2: If you can't refuse. I wonder if you could get political with him and say, I need you to encourage the government to subsidize renewable energy, because it's.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're ahead of your time in nineteen seventy two.
Speaker 2: But I mean that's that's the point. Get onto it early.
Speaker 4: You come into my house and my daughters and you ask me, I.
Speaker 3: Would have been able with you like a year long pizza, to be.
Speaker 2: Honest, pizza once a day? When a pizza once a.
Speaker 1: Day pizza on Monday, Calzone on a Tuesday.
Speaker 2: This last years when he's like, dud, don't let that go and you'll just have to every day pizza get It's a real live for us.
Speaker 3: The character Brando.
Speaker 2: I love Fatinos so much. He just had such a near menace about him, Like when he's talking to his brother. Don't ever go against the family again, Mike. You don't come to Las Vegas and talk to a man like more Green like that fo my older brother, and I love you, but don't ever take sides with anyone against the family again. There's a lot of times where it's just one person saying one thing once and it's like if you don't listen, yeah, it's done that. You see a lot of in sort of society where people are especially politics, I guess where people are sort of arguing off the top of each other. Or isn't that in that world? It's just like what I say, it's absolute. I guess that's a dictatorship, which is not great, but it is.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 2: It was. It was fun to see, how I know, it's just interesting to see how it's crime, but there's there's honor, there's loyalty, there's.
Speaker 3: One of the opening scenes. We might play a little bit of it.
Speaker 1: Now, is Marlon Brando, that you know, taking these meetings and he's asked to murder somebody that's had a revenge And let us have all listen to it.
Speaker 3: Now, what have I ever done.
Speaker 4: To make you treat your service respectfully? It'll come to me in proventship, and there's come and your daughter would be suffering this very day. And if by chance an honest man like yourself should make enemies, then he would become my enemies. And then they would failure.
Speaker 3: Be my friend godfather.
Speaker 4: Good someday and that they may never come out call upon you to do a service from but until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day. That's give this to Clemenza and my reliable people. People that aren't going to be carried away. I mean, we're not murdering in spite of what this undertakers.
Speaker 1: What I love about these these mob films, and we was chat recently day thought about hate and this code of honor that these people still still have, which you know, we romanticizing the movies and we don't really care for it too much.
Speaker 3: In real life.
Speaker 1: But the idea that the Godfather just wants a cup of coffee every now and then.
Speaker 2: Well, that that's scene is a classic example of when you move house and the only friend you've got that's got you to somebody even contacted in ages, you need to so you're like, all right, I've better catch up with them once without without bringing them the you. That way I'm going, I reckon I can ask him about two weeks for the you.
Speaker 1: It's like he's racked up with his bathers in his town. Yeah, some of because the Godfather's got a pull.
Speaker 2: Hey man, so we haven't got up in ages. Yeah, that's it. That's tough.
Speaker 1: One of the characters I love in the film, and he gets he has a much bigger role and he's got what to do with part two, which will get too soon. But it's Fredo, the brother who's the black sheep of the family.
Speaker 2: The older brother.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you got Sonny who meets his tragic demise when he gets assassinated and he roughs up his sister's husband goes completely w w E on him with the trash cans down on the streets, and you've got Fredo who's I think, Yeah, he's the older brother and he's just I really feel because he's like occasionally you will see a family where they might be a family business, but somebody doesn't quite fit into the family business. And you see him in Godfather Part one where you know, they set him off the Las Vegas to kind of handle things there and he's kind of living the life and then Michael comes and he kind of like kind of ships in.
Speaker 3: His parade a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And played by John Gazzali, who only made five films. Oh wow, and they all won Oscars.
Speaker 2: He's picked him.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, so he made Godfather one, he's in Godfather two, not in Godfather three, Dog Day Afternoon, Deer Hunter and The Conversation and they all one ask us only actor ever to do that.
Speaker 2: Did he have a substantial role in all of them?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He was a good mate Pacina and was dating Meryl Street. He died of cancer, which film I think, like The Deer Hunter, I think it was I think possibly before it came out, so he was kind of sick when I was shooting it, and a good friend of Pacino, but just brilliant and has a big role in Part two. Right, one of the scenes we should talk about is the turning point for Michael when he you know, he wants to well, he steps up and.
Speaker 3: He involved the family business.
Speaker 1: And one thing I love about Pacino, like where we think of Pacino, we think and people do impressions of him.
Speaker 3: I saw an interview this morning.
Speaker 1: He's promoting something and the interviewer just wanted him to do the who ha from Ceneba woman. And but when you do Pacino impressions, they're always very big, and we've kind of come to think of Pacino as that kind of like larger than life, sometimes over the top character.
Speaker 3: But this is such a quiet, measured performance.
Speaker 2: It's a the Hurricane type deal, isn't it. It's yeah, he's he's brilliant. I just love him in this film.
Speaker 1: And then he goes so he goes to the diner to assassinate so so and McCluskey, the police chief.
Speaker 3: And it's just it's how are you.
Speaker 1: Feeling during that scene? It's such a it's such a tense scene.
Speaker 2: Especially when he's just reaching behind the cubicle the toilet. It's just yeah, like it's just so I don't know if that was on purpose.
Speaker 1: Or not.
Speaker 2: But it's so it's such a it's such a dirty sort of it's him getting his hands dirty for the first time. It's and then actually getting them dirty by having the rummaged around a toilet. It's yeah, I just loved it. It was so tense and then.
Speaker 1: Maybe missed an opportunity for hyjienxy but you know, the gun had fallen into.
Speaker 3: The top me around the toilet.
Speaker 1: For this is a fairly Brothers film that would have happened.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, take a different soundtrack a brilliant.
Speaker 3: I do love the shot as well.
Speaker 1: He so he gets the retrieves the the garm from the back of the cistern and he and it's just it's just taped, you know, with some some gray kind of electrical tape. And then he kind of passes through and he's kind of between these two doors and the shot is kind of from behind, and he just kind of like puts his hands kind of through his hair and it always stays the behind. I mean, we wouldn't mean so easy and so tempting to have. Okay, let's get the shot from in front of him. He's about to do this amazing, you know, like full on thing let's get the shot, let's see his face.
Speaker 3: And I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: I have no idea if they covered that or not, but just that kind of I loved him between almost two worlds, you know.
Speaker 3: And it's kind.
Speaker 1: Of shot over the cubicle, it's it's a it's a it's a great shot, and then he goes out blows them away. And I have to say, I think the performance and I'm not I'm being deadly serious, the performance of the police Chief McCluskey, his death is a really good death. I'm not sure if you've had a dinascene, I think it's always tougher than people think.
Speaker 3: And I'm not sure how I've never I've never heard a dinacene.
Speaker 1: I mean, you've died in scenes, but I never actually to do it. But he's like, he has this real look of shock on his face, and he's kind of like, you know, he gets shot right in the throat. Yeah, and it's it's it's really like you're really watching it.
Speaker 3: And then I've seen it.
Speaker 1: I've seen this film twenty five times at least, you know, and every time I'm like, yeah, he just got shot in the neck.
Speaker 2: I love sided film because sometimes it's I mean, in the case of Godfather would probably you know, it was obviously a choice. And but I know from our own show sometimes something will work well and then we'll go, oh, thank god because we just did that because we ran out a song like that day, or but yeah I did, and something about shooting him in the throat too, would just be. It's be such a horrible way to go.
Speaker 3: It would be.
Speaker 2: I loved it so much. I know, it's a real hot take. It's so good.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad that would have been really disappointed if you had to come here and gone, yeah, not for me.
Speaker 2: That great yeah, turned off halfway through, I know, it's yeah, it's just brilliant.
Speaker 1: When you watch a film, how do you watch? What's the kind of mindset that you try to get into to take a film in.
Speaker 2: I treat it like I'm at the cinema, you know, turn the phone off, get a company seat. If I need snacks or a drink, grab it and then watch. But pa pack on, which makes it difficult to sit down. But yeah, let's try. And it meets an event, you know, as opposed to something that's on the background wile I flick around on my phone or whatever, so trying I try and set it up like a cinema.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask you, by the way, on the proton pack thing, is there a prop that you would want to own from a movie?
Speaker 1: I always wanted the lightsabers. They're so easy again, no, I know, But to be honest, you know, over the last ten years, I've got some good ones, you know, but like I kind of want on the way exactly how it looks in the movie, not one way, just plastic and yeah, sure it lights up.
Speaker 3: And that's what I've got.
Speaker 1: I've got like a Kylo ren one that was sent to me and it's great and the kids, you know, play with it a bit. But you can get there, really, yeah, you can't get But to be honest, I can live without having having that.
Speaker 2: Oh, Ben, I don't need a proton pack. But hasn't made my life well, I mean.
Speaker 1: You know, I have heard you tell stories about you know, you know, Yeah, do you believe in ghosts?
Speaker 3: Nah? You don't, So it's not part of you in the back of your brain going I might actually need this one now.
Speaker 2: I just go spugged me because if a ghosts haunting a place, what's it doing? In its downtime, like if if the family is there and they're like, oh no, and the and the picture falls off the wall or whatever and they go to work, Like what's the ghost doing? Whether at work or when they're not the house? You know, it's just there's really the afterlife that involves ghosts really bugs me because they just I don't know, they just they still ask right, well when they get bored.
Speaker 1: Well, they're there, there are I guess they are a portion of us.
Speaker 2: I suppose. But every time someone talks about of ghosts, something like I was it a gig because I talk about on stage sometimes And the lady said, I saw my grandfather on the end of the bed and I said what are you say? And I said, oh, nothing, I was too scared. I'm like, I'd a great last year with my grandfather. The first thing I'd ask him is what are you doing back? How are you? It'd be nice to see him, you know, and to everyone, but everyone I talk to you always goes oh, and I didn't say.
Speaker 1: Or you're acting like you'd be super cool with it, Like surely if you saw your grandfather who's passed, yeah, yeah, like probably you know kind of see through maybe.
Speaker 3: Floating, it'd be a shock. Maybe with no legs, like maybe you know, maybe headless. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well then I have even more questions. You know, it just picks my curiosity. There must be someone who's seen a ghost once who instead of being scared out of their wits, has been slightly curious what's agoing with going on?
Speaker 3: You know, we have you never hear of.
Speaker 2: A ghost, You never hear a ghost haunting a laboratory.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: This is this haunted laboratory, because they just said someone no one never measures anything.
Speaker 1: We had when I was doing a rogue live at Tonight Show for ten years, we we had somebody who came on, There's a Channel ten show that was about screen tests or something that was cooled, and so there was a ghost medium who came on and she was kind of a psychic ghost medium, and she said there was a ghost up in the in the loading bay, which had been kind of people had reported, like who work there, that they believe there was a ghost up there. And she was saying goodbye to our executive producer. She said, you said like your grandfather says hi, and he's a cynical and he goes Okay, how's he doing?
Speaker 3: And she says he still only has the one arm.
Speaker 1: You're right, well, she wouldn't have known our executi producer before she came in. In no way she could have researched it. This is you know here, not maybe not pret google, but it was you know, it was a guess. But that was when I went, Okay, yeh, that's that's kind of interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's not just I mean, Van eck Royd believes very Yeah, so I don't think it's fair for anyone to say an apode they don't exist. I guess I just don't. I mean, I'd hardly be kind of excited if they did, because that means what else exists?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Does that mean hypothetically, if I charged up enough energy, could I shoot a fireball? Because as soon as one thing that I can't explain, sort of, I don't know. It's a bit of a domino effect for me. If ghost to real, then what else is possible? But you know, that's not to say that if a ghosts really can't be explained by science in some way true, because it's part of existence. But I don't know, I because it doesn't affect my daily life that much. I don't think about it. I guess and I sort of. But I've got a lot of people, you know, like yourself, who I trust to and something like that. It's how they held to explain it.
Speaker 1: I need bring this up because there is a ghost behind you see.
Speaker 3: Look behind your other shoulder.
Speaker 2: A lot of questions wrong.
Speaker 1: But before we vibus, Prissy, before we wrap out, what was the first movie you saw?
Speaker 2: Oh? First, the film I've got the earliest memories of is probably Lamb Before Time, the cut into Dinosaur film, but I don't quite remember that. That's probably the me being the youngest, I remember seeing that. I remember seeing Predator way too early. So that was the first one that scared me.
Speaker 1: If we can kill it, so we double a Lamb Before Time and then straight in the Predator.
Speaker 2: Oh you didn't get that box set. It's called the Kid's Parents Pack and you just got to actually didn't put on the wor wrong vhs. And the first one that really shoot me to my call was Stephen King's Eat. I watched that when I was little, and I could not go to the toilet without turning on all the lights everywhere for years. Georgie still a bit scared of clowns.
Speaker 3: So you haven't seen the recent I have loved it, love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's quite healing actually to be able to watch a film about a clown that eats people and not be too destroyed by a few nightmares. But nothing like when I was a kid that that Tim Curry. Oh my god, I was scarred for a very long time.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What have you seen recently that you've liked?
Speaker 2: I watch all of the superhero films and I haven't. They're always at least okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you want to be impressive, so parasite, parasite.
Speaker 2: I'm waiting for it to come out on rental. The most recent one I saw that I really liked was Star.
Speaker 3: Wars Rose Skywalker. Yeah, what do you think.
Speaker 2: Going in to spoiler territory again?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 2: If one more person had a fake out death, I probably would have walked out. It's like a man at their fake dead again. It's like four fake deaths.
Speaker 3: What it was, Chewy.
Speaker 1: It's funny because somebody had said to me they was Joe King because.
Speaker 3: I was the project.
Speaker 1: They will show me clips of the news that day where they might be finding that I might show him on the show and there was stuff from the Star Wars premiere and I was like, I don't want any spoilers. Yeah, I'm seeing it. I'm seeing it tomorrow. I don't want nothing that can you know. And somebody joked, oh, yeah, because cheaback of dies and I was like, Okay.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to hear you jokes. No.
Speaker 1: It's like when you say don't spoil something for me and people think they can joke around it.
Speaker 3: It's like, no, even that is kind of fucking.
Speaker 2: And if they said no, just kidding, now, I know he doesn't, so it's it's absolutely right.
Speaker 1: And I knew this. This guy hadn't seen the film, so he was completely just but I don't. And then that happens, we think she is dead. Yeah, And so the first thing my mind goes is the book who told me?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Because Chewie fake dies and then Kylo fake dies and he heals him so he's about to die and he heals up his stomach, and then she almost then she he almost dies, but he dies because he falls off a cliff. He gets pushed off a cliff by the Emperor, and then Ray does die, and then Kylo Wren brings her back to life, and then he dies.
Speaker 1: I regon being pushed off the cliff by the Emperor. I never thought, well, I thought.
Speaker 3: It could be dead.
Speaker 2: He could.
Speaker 1: I think that's different the fact that we were led to believe that that's a sure he had died, But.
Speaker 2: That's a fake out. That's still a fake out death. You know, you know he's probably not dead, but it looks like he's dead. And it was just a bit much. And what I thought was gonna happen at the end of the film until credits was that Kyler Ren would sacrifice himself to bring her back to life, and then she would bring him back to life, and it would just be this argument and they just keep force bringing each other back to life. And the any reason she couldn't do it to him is because he disappeared. Oh my god, it really bugged me. I had I really liked it. I had a lot of fun watching it, but it was having people just disappear with the was about. I don't know. It was a bit bugged me a little thing.
Speaker 1: I really liked the fact that we got into it straight away and the Emperor was there bang straight away.
Speaker 3: Some people had a problem with it. It's like, oh wow, how and why?
Speaker 1: I don't care because this is Star Wars, and Star Wars is a little bit silly and it's a little bit ridiculous. And I can believe that the Emperor has been, you know, hiding in the shadows.
Speaker 2: And Emperor was so good because he things kept going against what he said. He said, kill her, and he didn't, and then she got there and that's what wasn't part of his plan. But every time something happened that wasn't what he said originally, he'd go, yes, this is all part of my bacgation. I wanted you here to take over all along. And then she goes, well, I'm not going to it. He goes, fine, they're not to suck out your power, which was my plan all all along. It was just it was so good. It's just like a guy who refuses to.
Speaker 5: Have this role.
Speaker 1: Well, I think we can all agree he's stubborn. He's a stubborn just a basic man. Luke McGregor, fantastic, Thanks for committing to three hours and three and a half hours to watch The Godfather.
Speaker 2: I'm ready for the second.
Speaker 3: Will you come back? Will you come back? One day?
Speaker 1: And do Godfather Part two. Of course, it is my favorite film of all time, and it is. If you think Godfather is great, then you add a little bit of Robert de Niro in there and I'm excited, and a little bit more Freido and the riots of Michael Collone and you have an absolute classic.
Speaker 3: So thank you so much. We're going to go out on I'm going.
Speaker 2: To skip to and go straight to three.
Speaker 1: That's what everybody says, what's the right order that I watched Godfather.
Speaker 3: Films one three time.
Speaker 1: We're going to go out on a little bit of crooning from Al Martino, who is the character who's supposedly based on Frank Sinatra.
Speaker 3: Apparently Sinati got.
Speaker 1: Very angry at this and kind of took it up with the producers and they have very much been whether it's you want to call it damage control, but have said this is not based on Frank Sinatra. Thanks so much, Luke. This is Al Martino with his crooning classic.
Speaker 3: I have but one.
Speaker 2: Heart, I have but one.
Speaker 1: This hard, I I have but one had.
Speaker 2: To share review.
Speaker 1: Well, that was bloody fun chat with Luke McGregor about The Godfather, and we will definitely getting back. He's definitely keen to watch The Godfather Part two, so we'll get that happening down the track. I just wanted to point out embarrassingly because this is a podcast where it's not necessarily a review, but it's people discussing a movie, and obviously my guests often still processing the movie, so you know, and sometimes we don't well, we don't know where the conversation is going to go. Particularly I don't ask for their favorite films beforehand, so it often steers off in different directions and sometimes names we blank on names. I embarrassingly blanked on Alisha Vakanda's name. She is an awesome actress. I have interviewed her before on the project. She's bloody delightful. Her sister actually was living in Melbourne. So if Alicia Vacanisis is listening to this, I apologize for blanking on your sister's name.
Speaker 3: But yes, let us know the best video game movie in your opinion? Is it Record? Ralph?
Speaker 5: Do you agree with Luke?
Speaker 1: You can email us at Yasney podcast at gmail dot com. Yasney as in Went Seeing Nothing Yet podcast at gmail dot com, and of course we encourage you to like and subscribe and just let people know about the podcast. You can follow us on the Socials or the regular Socials. Details are in the show notes. Check that out. I want to thank Derek Meyer as my podcast manager Cassaways Studios dot com dot AU. If you want to get a podcast going, this is the place to get it going. Derek will take care of all your needs. He has a range of packages, great and small. A lot of great podcasts get recorded out of this space. He will absolutely take care of you. Tom and Jimmy at Circus Tree Sounds. If you're looking for boutique production, whether it be for scores for film, for TV, for your ads in your podcast, Circus Tree Sounds, they will take care of you. They are great dudes. Tom also runs a podcast called Time to Die. Check it out if you love comedy and if you love a little bit of cringe, because it's comedians writing the worst three minutes set they can and challenging another comedian to perform that set in front of a live crowd. It is fantastic. He does that podcast with Ben Russell. It's a great one. Get on board that. Damn Movies dot com dot A. You thanks Dans for being on board. It means that I can pay people not only who work behind the scenes, but also who appear on the show much appreciated. Next episode, If You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet, is a great one. It's Dave O'Neill or Dave is a comedy legend in Australia. He has made films He may take Away and You and Your Stupid Mate, which we do talk about, but it's Shrek that he hasn't seen. Believe it or not, Dave is a man who has three kids and he has never seen Shrek. How did this happen? Find out? Next an episode of have You I Almost Have you been paying attention? I'm doing that this week. Anyway, You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet is a show I'm currently promoting and talking about.
Speaker 5: See you next week. And so we leave Old Pete, see Man Soul and to our friends of the radio audience, we've been a pleasant good name.