Speaker 1: Life Uncut acknowledges the traditional custodians of country whose lands were never seated. We pay our respects to their elders past and present.
Speaker 2: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. This episode was recorded on Drug Wallamata Land.
Speaker 1: Hi, guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life Uncut. I'm Brittany and I'm Laura. Hi everyone, it's been a silly morning.
Speaker 3: I can't All I want to talk about is your teeth. That's all I wanted to do.
Speaker 1: No, it's because I'm still working out how to speak, because I've got a wire.
Speaker 3: You're in my mouth from my visa line.
Speaker 1: So I over articulate sometimes and sometimes I don't know, over articulate and I get lazy.
Speaker 3: And it's a whole battle in my mouth right now.
Speaker 2: For somebody who talks for a living. It's something that you've been finding very hard, and I'm really I'm not enjoying it.
Speaker 3: I hope that you get better. I hope you overcome this sea.
Speaker 2: You're not enjoying what I'm not enjoying, that you are finding it difficult to I.
Speaker 3: Thought you were like, you're not enjoying in my mouth.
Speaker 2: No, I love her mouth I love everything about your mouth, love being in your.
Speaker 3: Presence, but being inside my mouth. Be inside my mouth.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, this is Tuesday, Happy Tuesday, Welcome.
Speaker 2: I have a very unexciting life update. But I'm gonna tell you guys anyway, So Mollie more exciting than well, it's a parenting update. Okay, So Mally she goes to sleep now, she's four and a half, and she sleeps in our bed every single night. We don't intentionally co sleep with our child. She just gets up and gets into bed.
Speaker 1: She comes in and you're too lazy slash tired to get up and put it back.
Speaker 3: So you're like, oh, I just.
Speaker 2: Go to bed and every night, I reckon. We probably get about six hours sleep now because like she like I've said this before, but she'll have her foot in my tit a foot and in my spleen. I sometimes wake up and I've got her face on top of my face.
Speaker 3: Sounds great, And so.
Speaker 2: We play musical beds all night, Like I'll get out of my bed and I'll go and sleep in her bed. Anyway, she does this thing where she sleeps and she sucks her thumb and simultaneously puts a finger up her nose. So she puts her point to finger straight up her nose while sucking her thumb. That's so weird, Like.
Speaker 3: She creates an L and she just while she picks a nose. She's asleep. How far up can the finger go up a nose?
Speaker 2: She just think about an L shape with your finger. Make everybody wherever you are make an L shape. Put your thumb in your mouth, and stick your pointed finger into your nose. She's tickling her brain.
Speaker 4: Hop can it go?
Speaker 2: So the issue is is that she has been giving herself these like hectic nosebleeds every night because she's got her finger so far up into her slide. This is so this is a real problem because her bed has the plastic mattress protector on it. Slip on plastic, Well, it's kind of it's not plastic plastic, but yeah, it's like a great big shower cap. But for the mattresses that glad rappid arc No. I was thinking more like luggage, you know, how like you cover it. No, you know, think about like going to a very old Italian nunna's house and the couch is covered in a plastic to protect it, like sign Seinfelder nanny. It was the nanny the moment parents. Okay, so it's kind of like that sort of vibe, but in her mattress.
Speaker 3: Anyway. We don't have one on our mattress because.
Speaker 2: Surprisingly neither matt or myself piss ourselves whilst we sleep, so we don't need one. But we do have like a we have a material mattress protector. Anyway, the problem is that she doesn't sleep in her own bed. She only sleeps in our bed. So three consecutive nights last week she had her finger up and her sinus is so bad that she had a full on nose bleed and she wakes up and it is like shark week, Like the kid is covered in blood down her shirt, all over the mattress, in her hair, like it's disgusting. The last time she did it, the nosebleed was so bad it went through the mattress protector. It's literally just this massive mark on the mattress. And so we've got like a nice mattress. We bought it when Lula was born, and I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: The fucking mattress.
Speaker 2: Ah, So I call up a company sor it's bleeding in your bed. Now, the blood's in your bed. The blood is in my bed. Shark week happened in my bed. The co sleeping thing is the reason why. So we called up a professional steam cleaner and I was like, I need someone to come and get this out. Like it is soaked into the Is it called memory foam? Yeah, it's deep in the memory foam. It's deep in the memes. It's deep in the memes. Yeah, I'm not getting that out with some spray and white. So I call up and I said to the guy on the phone, I was like, I'm so sorry. My daughter's had a nosebleed. I need someone to come out and clean the mattress, like kind of urgently because I don't want it to dry. And he was like, yeah, no worries, it's fine. He was like how much? And I was like, look, there's a reasonable amount of blood he's bled through the mattress protector onto the mattress. And he was like, no worries, it's one hundred and eighty bucks. I can be out there by two o'clock.
Speaker 3: Cool, wow cleaner. I was like, this is amazing.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know job. So he comes in and it's not the guy that I spoke to on the phone. But as he walked in the door, I was like, oh, just letting you know, like you know, my daughter had a nose bleed. And he walks in and like, you know how kids never sleep Like, okay, you don't know this, but parents will. Kids don't sleep with their head on a pillow. They motor around the fucking bed like. They motor around like they'll sleep with their their head and your crutch. They'll sleep with their head downe at your feet, like their heads everywhere. So the nosebleed is like towards the enter of the bed, right, So the guy walks in, the mattress is stripped and he says, oh, oh oh, And I was like sorry, like because of the reaction, like they're a problem. Like he looked shocked and a bit repulsed. And then it dawned on me he didn't believe me. He doesn't think it's a nosebleed. He thinks it's period blood. And the guy is freaked the fuck out by a bit of period blood. Also, grow up, go touch some grass, Grow the fuck up. Anyway, he was freaked out by period blood. And then he said to me he goes, oh, that's not a nose bleed, and I was like, well it is, and he goes, it's not a nose bleed, and I was like, the nosebleas out my vaginant.
Speaker 3: My vaginant has a nosebleed.
Speaker 2: Fourth signs.
Speaker 3: Anyway, he charged me, He charged me extra.
Speaker 2: He charged me two hundred and eighty dollars because he didn't believe me it was a nosebleed. And I put one hundred dollar period tax.
Speaker 3: He put a period tax on.
Speaker 2: He never said the word period that he said. He said, oh, that's not a nose bleed, and then just kept repeating that it's not a nose bleed. And I was like, I understand what you're insinuating, Like you don't know when you can. You can check my vagina if you want to. I'm not currently on my period, but that's fine anyway. So I couldn't argue with him. I end up paying two hundred and eighty dollars to get my mattress cleaned.
Speaker 3: I hope he didn't actually say you can check my vagina.
Speaker 2: No I didn't, but please, if you'd like to do your diligious can you clean up there as well? So many questions. Also, I just want to let you all know it didn't fucking work. The mattress still has a massive nosebleed stain on it, not period blood. No, And now I'm like, do I need to get a new mattress because it looks like shark week in the middle of my bed. And if anyone ever comes and stays over, like sometimes I weren't the sheets on already.
Speaker 3: It's so embarrassing, humiliating, But mattresses are expensive and kids, she's gonna do it again?
Speaker 1: Nah, I just think you put a sheet on it. I don't think you easy to get rid of a new mattress because youve got a stain on it.
Speaker 3: I reckon.
Speaker 2: Some people will disagree with you. It is not a little stain. It looks like day two period.
Speaker 1: But if you yeah, he was onto something, if you put a sheet on it, you can't see it through the sheet.
Speaker 3: No, any guest overstays, just say.
Speaker 2: Just leave it, I'll strip the bit later. You're like, I'll do it. How wait? How embarrassing for them though, when the one time when they think they're doing me a favor and they strip the bed and then they see that someone was murdered there.
Speaker 3: How am I going to do with that? And if they report you, Look, that's what's been happening in my life. It's a real conundrum.
Speaker 1: Do you know what you say grow up to this guy? That was like, wh you say grow up? But in his head he's just walked in and having to clean some other random person's period blood for mattress, He's gonna have that reaction.
Speaker 2: What is different? Like, what is the difference between a nosebleed and a bit of period blood? It's just like a bit of blood. No, there's a different It's just no.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I agree with you on a lot, but this you cannot tell me. This is not a difference between a little nosebleed and shark week for a woman.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Look, we had a really good week last week, guys. It was our Melbourne Live show. Melbourne was amazing for many reasons. But I'm still at a high do you.
Speaker 1: For some reason, I didn't think Melbourne was going to be the big one.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 3: I always thought maybe maybe because we're based in Sydney. I thought Sydney would be the big one.
Speaker 1: But Melbourne was insane, like the biggest show by far that we had the wildest, the most hectic.
Speaker 3: It was truly incredible.
Speaker 2: Do you know why.
Speaker 3: I mean I knew malbul was big in terms of capacity.
Speaker 2: I just thought people of Melbourne are cool, that you're gonna clap quietly, You're going to just be a cool audience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we're not. Because historically speaking.
Speaker 2: Cool, we're not cool. We are not cool, and we are cool with not being not cool. And Sydney is particularly uncool, and I feel like the regional towns like and that everyone's screaming and they're excited. Melbourne, you sent it. It was amazing. Also, we had a bit of a wild card with how Melbourn show, so you guys might have seen if you follow on Instagram. We were supposed to have Flex Mammy on stage with us, but unfortunately she had some personal stuff going on so she wasn't able to do the show.
Speaker 3: We were so sad.
Speaker 2: About that because we had a fucking amazing chat with her in Perth and we love Flex and we love Flex and we wanted to do it again in Melbourne. But it actually worked out completely fine in the end anyway, because we had Tones and I come and she was an unexpected addition to the show. What she shared in that interview, like her story, there was such an incredible vulnerability from her that was unexpected to even you and Ibriy, Like we were sitting there in that interview and we, I mean we thought we would have kind of a bit of a top line chat around her career and her successes for anyone who if you don't know who Tones and I is. She's the writer and singer and producer and everything behind the ridiculously successful song Dance Monkey.
Speaker 1: Would you know that's the third most downloaded song ever in the world. Yeah, that song the third most downloaded song in the world.
Speaker 2: And she shared how much she now hates that song, and she also shared parts around how she became the superstar that she is, how she started off busking, how she went through a really, really fucking challenging relationship. It was an incredibly vulnerable chat that took both of us by surprise, and I think anyone who was in that Melbourne audience would have felt what we felt, and that it was such a privilege to be able to hear her story. And I mean, off the back of that, we're going to try and get her on the podcast to do a full interview with her, because it was just beautiful.
Speaker 3: It was a really really special moment.
Speaker 1: I've always loved Tones and I as an artist, because that's all I've ever known her as. I've never known her until now, So I loved her as the artist, but now I'm obsessed with her as a person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because she's so private, and so I think that that's why most people only love her as an artist.
Speaker 3: She never shares this stuff. Yeah, But besides that, even if she does share, I still don't know.
Speaker 2: I sto didn't know.
Speaker 3: Uh, but she is a really private person.
Speaker 1: And one of the biggest compliments we could have received I think I could receive. I won't to speak for you, Laura, but it was something Tone said afterwards.
Speaker 3: You know, she's I've never shared ever the stuff that I have shared today.
Speaker 1: And the reason for that is you guys, and the audience out there and the community you've created. She said, I watched the she was, you know, side of stage, because the interviews are the second half, So she's like, I watched the audience out there and the way they were interacting with you guys, and you could just tell that this was a community that was such a safe place, and she's like, they are the reason I wanted to open up today, and I was like, that is the biggest, hands down compliment we could have, is that the people that are coming on this journey with us are all just so fucking incredible, Like each one of you, guys, that you have made someone like tones and I will come to home comfortable enough to share her story because she has never shared it before, and.
Speaker 2: She absolutely she did also call you all a cult, but I'm here for it.
Speaker 3: So it's like, I think Life on Cut is actually a girl.
Speaker 2: Yes, some liminal messages in there. Welcome to the Church of Life on Cut everyone. No, but like you know, I know, I said it. Melbourne, you were such an unexpected show. It was just a ma We got to meet so many of you beforehand, and some of you shared your stories with us, some of you invited us to your weddings like it was a wild night and one other thing that I loved as well. And I guess that this is something I would love to kind of encourage for you guys for any of the future shows. We've got Gold Coast this week, then we have Canberra and then we have Brisbane. And then oh my god, the toy is over. There's any three more shows left. But in Melbourne and in Sydney, some of the people who were going solo to the shows organized like a Life on Cup meetup pre show, so they went out for dinner. So if you're coming to a show solo, chuck it in the Facebook group, create a little event prior and it means that instead of ending up there by yourself, you end up there with a whole group of friends. And I cannot tell you how many people are coming to these live shows by themselves.
Speaker 3: And it's really cool.
Speaker 2: Because it takes a bit of bravery to go and to you know, I mean, if you've ever been to the movies by yourself, if you've ever been to an event by yourself, it takes a bit of bravery to go and do that. And so for every single one of you who have come to these live shows completely solo because you love it and you didn't want to miss out and noney friends wanted to come, we just want to say, one, you're not alone, and I know you know that now, but two, we are so grateful for you doing that because we know that that's stepping outside your comfort zone.
Speaker 1: Oh. Two other things I wanted to talk about, not talk about, but I want to mention before we move on. One accidentally unfiltered from last week. The corn that got stuck in the fore skin. He was at the Melbourne show. We sort of revisited. We thought, you guys are gonna love this. This was one that came in from Melbourne.
Speaker 3: We told it on stage and he put his hand up and stood up.
Speaker 2: He goes it was me, and he absolutely owned it, and the whole audience completely loved him, like I just love that he.
Speaker 3: Put his hand off.
Speaker 2: He's like, ah've corn boy. It really redefined the whole corn boy meme, didn't it. I Mean, it's gone from being this lovely, adorable little black American boy singing it's corn to being a fantastic gay guy in Melbourne who is now the new corn boy.
Speaker 1: He's literally corn boy and everyone started going as cornboy, but they loved it.
Speaker 2: If you don't know the story, it was on last Tuesday's episode. Basically, his partner at the time found a colonel of corn in his foreskin, which came out of an orifice of his Anyway, go back and listen to the actually unfiltered that week because it's fucking hilarious.
Speaker 1: And the second thing was Mitch Chrury, our beloved radio co host and the MC. He opens the show at every venue. He's taken dating to the next level. He was on a first date at the show while he was on the stage, so he's never met this guy in his first date and I don't know how this lands. His first date was to come, he said, come and watch me perform.
Speaker 2: Well, I think what happened was is he matched with him on a dating side or something. They were chatting and this guy was like, well, while you're hre, do you have time for a drink? And Mitch was like no. Because the Melbourne show was such a flyby. We flew in, we did the show, we flew out the next day and Mitch was like, no, but I can put you on the door at the live show that I'm He goes.
Speaker 3: I'm too busy, I'm performing.
Speaker 2: I'm performing at the today, So he flaxed.
Speaker 3: Anyway, this guy came.
Speaker 2: We then added him on stage and Mitch he played it up that he was awkward and embarrassed. If you were there at the live show, Mitch was like, stop at I'm so angry. He knew from top down that we were going to say that on stage, and he played it up for the audience, so I was I was like, why are you making this so awkward for everyone, Mitch? But anyway, he knew what he was doing. What did you do on a second date after that?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 3: If that's your first day, what do you do? I think you fly him to the Gold Coast and then you bring show.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, something that, Britt you have been trying to get me to watch, and I know so many of you guys who watched.
Speaker 3: You spoke about it a couple weeks ago. The David Beckham series.
Speaker 2: I finally watched the last episode last night, and do you love it? I do?
Speaker 3: But I'm also a cynic, so like I started because are.
Speaker 2: You sitting and everything? Just enjoy it for what it is.
Speaker 3: Because I was unpacking.
Speaker 2: I was unpicking the way in which it is put together, because obviously it's created so that you're like, oh my god. David Beckham was a lot and he is great. I love him. He's so hot. I remember, okay, I remember when he had a shaved head and I was like, yes, that man is so fucking sexy. I was probably twelve, but anyway, it doesn't matter. I do remember him being this like ridiculously godlike pin up. But I think it's so interesting how you watch this four series like biopic, and at every point in his life, when he's been shrouded in controversy i e. The affairs, which we'll get into very shortly, you managed to feel sorry for him. You managed to be like, oh, but he's still so lovable. So he's had these moments in life which could make him quite unlikable, but this memoir has allowed him to reframe those moments so that in everyone's mind he's actually just been the most incredible person from start to finish. I'm like, oh, we all love David Beckham. Yeah, of course, because you're.
Speaker 3: Not gonna like he produced it.
Speaker 1: His company put this out, like, of course, you're going to control the narrative and.
Speaker 3: Make yourself look a hundred times better.
Speaker 1: I loved the documentary, so Matt cried.
Speaker 2: I just loved.
Speaker 1: It so much because you do see a different side into the life of people that you feel like you know but you actually know nothing about. Because that's what famous quote unquote, that's what famous people athletes, Hollywood stars, a spice girl. You feel like you know them because they're so big in the public lirbe, but you don't know what goes on behind closed doors, and you don't know the mechanics, even the mechanics behind the football world, and what that was like seeing from his perspective, A lot of what it was like being hounded by the paparazzi, the streets, the fans, like not being able to do anything, the death threats. I was just on the edge of my seat the whole time. I genuinely loved it. Victoria Beckham is the MVP. She is a superstar man.
Speaker 2: What she put up with, that woman is either a saint or she's been brainwashed, because like, I do not know many women who would put up with the relationship that she has put up with. Like in terms of like his selfishness with moving away the affairs, there's so much to unpick from that. But like at the end of it, I was kind of like, unpack or unpick, unpick and unpack. I'm gonna unpick it all and then a week and unpack it. But I think, yeah, think for me, I was like, wow, she must be so patient and so in love with him, because she certainly isn't the damsel in distress, right, Like, I don't watch that and think, oh my god, you've been so manipulated to stay. Obviously, she is incredibly powerful, she's incredibly successful, she loved him, she loved him, and she's made her own choices. So I don't think it frames her as though she was in any way in a relationship where she didn't have equal power. But at the same time, she experienced a lot of things at the hands of his selfishness, which makes you go, why would you stay?
Speaker 3: There was actually one.
Speaker 1: Part where and I was like, Wow, what a thick skin you actually do have, because I don't think i'd be able to be as strong as you were in that moment.
Speaker 3: It's not even the affair.
Speaker 1: It was just that one moment when the world turned against David Beckham and they were in this huge stadium. Victoria was there and they were all hating on David. They were booing him and stuff, and the whole stadium of like eighty thousand people started to chant, posh takes it up the US, Posh takes it up with us, like over and over the entire stadium and she was there, and she was just.
Speaker 3: Powering on, like pretending like it didn't touch the size.
Speaker 1: Obviously, she has explained how hurt she was in that moment, but imagine how much you've been through in life to get to a point where that cannot make you get up, run away and cry and hide like you just put on your ray face, you support your husband. And that was a moment where I was like, oh my god, how much of your life is like this now? Because they were getting the death threats, they were getting completely hounded, they were getting horrific trolling, There was kidnapping threats on their kids.
Speaker 3: It was insanity.
Speaker 2: I guess it also comes down to this almost like exposure therapy. Like not to say that they were ever used to it. I don't think you can ever get used to that kind of abuse, but you do build up a tolerance for it, especially when you've experienced it for so long. And she came off the back of being a spice girl, so it's not as though she's not ever experienced or being used to having trolling or vitriol or anger from.
Speaker 3: Being at the base of that. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean the thing that we wanted to talk about more so was the affair. And I guess recently the reason why, I mean, the documentary has been up for alleged. We don't want to get too it's an affair.
Speaker 3: It's no alleged.
Speaker 2: You can legend. I'll say, come and see me, okay. Obviously the docu series has been out for a little while now. If you've seen it, it's four episodes. I'm sure a lot of people have seen it to the end. That's not what's news. But the reason why we're talking about it is because Rebecca loose So she was David Beckham's assistant. She was only twenty six years old at the time this. Now this has gone back twenty years ago, so long ago. She is the one who shared their affair. She shared the scandal around the fact that he was having an extramarital affair when he was playing for Real Madrid. He was in Spain and Posh Spice at the time was still calling it so Victoria at the time was living in England. The thing that's so interesting about this and the reason why I wanted to talk about it, brit And you kind of mentioned it just before you sort of said like it gives us an insight into these people. We see a different part of their lives, and we have more access to them. I guess that that's the thing about a memoir, right, You don't actually get more access to them. You don't actually understand more about their lives. You understand the version of their life in which they want you to understand. They're showing you their story, they're showing you it's still their highlight reel totally. And it's also this concept around like David Beckham is sharing his truth, but just because it's his truth doesn't make it the truth. So Rebecca Loose came out and she was like, we had an affair. She copped so much backlash and I think a disproportionate and unfair amount. She definitely sold her story, she definitely profited off it, But at the time, she wasn't the one who had any sort of power. She wasn't a public figure, she didn't have the platform in which David Beckham had. But and she was also his employee and a lot younger than him as well.
Speaker 1: But I'm also completely on her side for coming out and selling her story. The reason she sold her story she didn't have an affair with him, run off and sells story. It was all a big secret. She would from all accounts, she would have taken that to the grave. The story was coming out, and she knew that. They told her story's breaking. Do you have a comment, So she thought, well, fuck, Alicia, can come from me. I'm going to control if it's coming out anyway, A going to control it.
Speaker 3: B as I.
Speaker 1: If you have two options, you're going to put your comment out there for free, or you put your comment out there for money.
Speaker 2: You're putting it out there for money, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: And I would have done exactly the same thing if someone has come to me and said this is coming out regardless, you're going to control it.
Speaker 2: In any way that you post, like if I'm going down with his sinking shit, your fucking pain for a HUNDI.
Speaker 1: But I feel for her in that sense because people don't care about the reason. They say, oh, she sold a story. Of course she did, but it was coming out regardless. It's not like she wasn't the vixen that seduced David Beckham allegedly and then ran away and tried to profit off.
Speaker 3: That wasn't it at all.
Speaker 1: It actually sounds like and when she speaks about it, actually sounds like she cared a lot about him, because they had this work relationship first, and then they became very close as friends, and then the affair apparently lasted sporadically for about four months.
Speaker 3: So I think she genuinely had feelings for him, Oh, no doubt.
Speaker 1: She speaks about this one other time where they were at this big party and Victoria couldn't get a hold of David.
Speaker 3: So Victoria calls Rebecca and says, go and find him right now.
Speaker 1: He's answering his phone and she's like, Okay, I'll find him and tell him to call you, and she goes, no, I'll stay on the phone. And so Rebecca had to go through this huge party. She finally saw David's security guards outside a bedroom door and she had with Victoria on the phone and she's mouthing.
Speaker 3: To the security it's Victoria.
Speaker 1: And they went in and got him, and when the door was open, there was like some beautiful model in there with him.
Speaker 3: She didn't see them doing anything, but they were on a bed.
Speaker 1: And she says that moment even hurt her, like her she was the mistress and it hurt her so that was you know, who knows allegedly how many times? Allegedly who knows allegedly how many times it happened. But the reason Laura and I are having this discussion and the whole world is, I guess, is because in the documentary, David doesn't lie, but he tells a story that is so ambiguous about how it came out in the news and how it affected him and it hurt him so much to see Victoria hurting, which is all true, but he makes it sound like the media telling tall tales and it never happened. He makes it sound like Rebecca's line without saying to me this, mind you, it was so carefully crafted by pr that delivery of those few sentences that there's nothing you can take from it at all.
Speaker 3: It was such a pile of horseshit.
Speaker 2: And I'm going to say, I mean it was the part of the docu series that I was like, you have lost me. Now the reason for that is he still won me, and that's why they're so good. But he lost me because this is what I meant by the earlier when I said I was so critical and analyzing it, So I mean, I don't have any affinity for football. I obviously enjoyed them within like the pop culture space when I was young, because they were just this aspirational, incredible couple. I remember when the affairs broke and I remember thinking, oh wow, they're going to get divorced, like that's their relationship over. And I think it came as a surprise to everyone that that's not what happened. The thing I took I guess a bit of issue with and the reason why. I think it's completely fair that Rebecca Loose twenty years later has come back out and said is because of the way he's framed it within the series, which is to take zero accountability and to make everyone feel sorry for him. This is what Rebecca had to say.
Speaker 4: He is making himself a victim, and he's making me look like the liar. He's making me look like I've made.
Speaker 2: Up these horrible stories.
Speaker 4: I'm the one that's made Victoria's suffer. Poor him, He's had nothing to do with this, and it was so awful. I think it's one thing if you don't want to take responsibility for things at home because of your family and your children, that's absolutely fine. And if he hadn't even mentioned any of that and just said it was a tough time for us and moved on. I wouldn't be here today. The stories were horrible, true, And he's the one who's responsible for all of this, is the one who's responsible for.
Speaker 2: His wife suffering.
Speaker 3: He's the one that decides to lie to her to say.
Speaker 1: We don't have to tell my wife. He's made all those choices.
Speaker 2: The whole conversation around it. It went for a very short period of time. It was like maybe five minutes or ten minutes of that entire episode. Even though they're like, oh, episode four is the great affair episode, it was really the redemption It wasn't. It was a tiny blip of the redemption arc that is making everyone fall in love with David Beckham. If you watched it, you may have noticed this. At no point did he deny having an affair. At no point did he say I didn't have an affair. All he said was that it was very very hard for him and for Victoria when the publication started writing the things that they were writing, and it was an incredibly challenging time and he hated watching Victorias suffered and he suffered, but they made it through it he doesn't know how he shed a tear. And then he said, because we're both fighters, that's how we made our way through it. So I would go as far as saying that he admits fault without admitting fault, Yes, because he knows. I mean, there's so much proof out there that he did have affairs. There's so many women who claimed that they had affairs with him, and also obviously Rebecca Luce who has come forward and said that she has all the text messages, she has all of the proof. But he danced around it in such a careful way. And I guess my only part of this where I was like, look, it's his memoir. He's allowed to say and do whatever he wants to, and the whole purpose of this is to frame him in a certain way. But I think, all these years later, this woman, who still has no public profile, she is now living a relatively normal life with her husband and her children, to be dragged back into the media sphere. Even though he didn't directly name her, she still indirectly gets dragged back into it, and I think it's kind of almost unfair how it blows her life back into a time and a situation twenty years later, and the only motive of that is to make him look like he's fucking amazing.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, she said, so many people had forgotten about all of this. So many people put all this behind them, the whole affair, the scandal and everything, and he has dragged it back up again in a way that is affecting my reputation. I think if he was going to touch on this time and how difficult it was, it would have been really nice for him to have said it was not my proudest moment, which absolutely agree with. It's completely not fair on her because this is now the most watched thing on Netflix.
Speaker 3: He has eighty five million followers.
Speaker 1: Even if she does respond properly, it doesn't it's it's the power and balance. She doesn't have the right of reply that he does. It's really unfair to bring this back up into her life. And she said she she literally moved away from any city she moved to, like Norway or something in the mountains.
Speaker 3: She lives in a mountain. She's a yoga teacher.
Speaker 1: She removed herself from that life and now she's been thrown back into it. Which is fine if he's going to tell the whole story An example of what he could have done and owned it, and this person still came out on top is Arnold Schwarzenegger. I don't know if you watched the documentary I recommended Laura like it was one of my vibes, like a month or two ago.
Speaker 3: I don't know if anyone else watched it.
Speaker 1: But he completely owned his affair in his documentary. He owned it to the point of like, yes, I did this. It was horrific. Baby, No, I know, but he didn't have to talk about it. The evidence is walking around, but it doesn't matter. Everyone knows David Beckham did right, like allegedly, but it's the same thing right.
Speaker 2: He didn't have to.
Speaker 1: He could have said one thing on Swarzenegger. He could have said, like, you know, I made a mistake and then moved on, But he didn't. He actually spoke about it, how much he hurt his family, how it was the worst thing he would have ever done. It changed his whole life for the worst. I just loved that he owned it. He still came out on top because people love somebody owning up to a mistake. Try and understand why we're all human, Because we are human, right, everybody does make mistakes, but it's the way you handle it after and I think that was where David went wrong.
Speaker 2: And I agree, and I think in that moment, and I might be the minority in this for anyone who's seen the series, it made me like him less because there was zero accountability that was taken, and if anything, there was so much work and so much dialogue that was put into framing him as the victim in terms of saying things like when I was in England, I came home to my family, I came home to my stability. But when I was playing for Real Madrid, they weren't there and I didn't come home to anyone, and so it was so hard for me. There was zero accountability taken, even though it was implied that the cheating happened. And twenty years on from that, I just think, if you're going to talk about it, you have to have the maturity to accept it and not to try and in those moments completely frame yourself as a victim when clearly your actions hurt so many other people. And at the moment, there is still this woman, Rebecca Loose, who's going to be brought back into it, even though she wasn't directly named her name and her story. We was so front and center of the media attention at that point in time that there is no way she wasn't going to be dragged back up. In this instance, this conversation around David Beckham kind of led us into another topic, which was the Britney Spears book that's coming out very soon.
Speaker 3: Everyone's right, in a memoir you also haven't noticed.
Speaker 1: Yet, But I wore double Denham today because I knew we were speaking about Britney Spears and justin Timberlake in an ode to their relationship.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you so much. I'm sorry that I didn't, otherwise we could have been all right. Well, look the reason I say this whole conversation around like memoirs, who owns the story, the redemption arc, the reframing of the history in terms of the way media sees you. But what happened here and what you might have seen is over the last couple of days a part of Britney Spears upcoming memoir has been released, and that is the story that she had an abortion. The father of that child was justin Timberlake. Now, the little bits and pieces in the information that we've been given in terms of what's been leaked by I'm guessing the publishing company, is that Brittany didn't want to have an abortion. She wanted to keep the baby, but the people in her sphere wanted her to have an abortion. Also, you've got to remember that her brand at the time was based off being virginal. She was basically the pin up girl of being a Christian icon. And it's come out that Justin Timblake, who was also super young at the time, he didn't want to be a father yet because he felt as though he was too young. So that is kind of all the information that's come out on it. But there has been a lot of conversation across media, and that conversation has been is it her story to tell? Because Justin hasn't shared that he was part of this, He hasn't shared that he was the father, and is it completely just her story to talk about this and to share that part of the information about him without his consent, especially without the context of the book, so that people can't you know, we've got this little bit of information, but you can't go and read the book and actually get the full story yet, so it leaves people to make up their own opinions and minds before the point is that they can actually get all the information.
Speaker 1: Well, you can actually read it today. It is out today October twenty one. Dum Unlike Data Pinkett Smith, she has just given a few little tidbits, like she's just released a little bit, Whereas I feel like for Jada, she's really so much that you don't need to probably buy it anymore.
Speaker 2: I feel like you've read the book totally.
Speaker 1: She's done so many interviews, but Brittany has just put enough out that people are like, fuck, I want to know more before we unpack this a little bit more. What Brittany wrote is it was a surprise, But for me, it wasn't a tragedy. I loved Justin so much. I always expected us to have a family together one day. This would just be much earlier than I'd anticipated. But Justin definitely wasn't happy about the pregnancy. He said we weren't ready to have a baby in our lives, that we were way too young. If it had been left up to me alone, I would never have done it. And yet Justin was just so sure that he didn't want to be a father. To this day, it is one of the most agonizing things I have ever experienced in my life. Now, they started dating at seventeen and eighteen, and they only dated for three to four years, so it had to have been in that time, like very very early twenties. Yeah, And the way she's framed it is she did it for him, but this was his doing and his ideas. So she's made it sound like I didn't want to do it and he made me feel like I had to do it, which is a pretty big call to put out to the world when you're going to be probably one of the most followed people in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're also I mean, there is actually more of this conversation that's been released, So there was conversation around the fact that she used the abortion pill because she couldn't go and see or be recognized, so she couldn't go to a hospital, she couldn't go to a doctor's It had to be done with such secrecy. She actually didn't tell her family, so I think it was in terms of what's actually been released so far, the only people that he knew was justin So they did it together. And I guess my question is, and I guess this specifically comes down to this event is who owns the story? Because a memoir allows you to tell your story. It allows you, like I said, to tell your truth. Whether it is the truth or not, it is your truth, and it allows you to frame your opinion about whoever it is that's on the receiving end of that or whoever else, What are the other characters play a role in your story? And so this is obviously Britney's experience, it's what she lived through. I think it's important to talk about an abortion. I think it's important to talk about women's choices. It's important to talk about what we go through. I don't condemn that by any means, but what is your opinion, brit In terms of talking about abortion when the other person hasn't consented to their name being thrown in the mix. I think it's a.
Speaker 3: Really tricky one.
Speaker 1: And the reason I say that is Britney's Bee's story isn't a normal story. She's not a normal person. She wasn't in a normal relationship to start with. She has been in a conservativeship for thirteen years. She is one of the most famous people in the World's had her voice silenced for a long time. And nobody will ever be able to relate to that. She's been free now, quote unquote free for two years, and she wants to speak, and she is entitled to speak. It is her body, it is her story, it is her choice. She can do whatever she wants with that. I absolutely agree on that. But where it gets tricky for me is I genuinely believe it's also his story just because it doesn't physically happen to him. I know, with an abortion, it's the woman that goes through so much and it's her body that changes, and it's the mental load that she carries. But I think would be wrong of us to say that it is not also the man's story. Obviously he has no control over that. His body isn't traumatized, his body isn't going through the same thing, he's not having the hormones. But mentally, it's still his child and he's still contributed, so it's his story as well. And this is where I find it difficult. I don't have a problem with Brittany telling her story because I think it's an important part of who she is and what happened to her. I do wonder if there was any conversation privately between Brittany and Justin or their teams, their managements, whoever. I wonder if there was any discussion as a heads up that it's coming out. I can only imagine, and again we don't fucking know, like we're not there, we don't know their stories. But I can only imagine it's still bringing something up for him in some capacity. But I don't think there's anyone that can sit there, Well, there will be, but I don't think people can sit there and say she should.
Speaker 3: Never have said that, that wasn't hers to share.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why I asked the question, because it has been super divisive. I don't think it's intentionally trying to frame him as a bad person or as a villain in the narrative. But obviously, you know, if she's telling her memoir and she's saying what happened to her in that period of life, then even if she doesn't name Justin Timberlake, it's pretty obvious who is going to be the father, Unless if she doesn't name him and she says she had an abortion and she says she doesn't want to say who it was, either people are going to read between the lines or they're going to think that she cheated, right, so it kind of is part and parcel of her telling her story. That brings me back to this whole conversation of like who owns a memoir? Because so many other people's stories are entwined in your life story, right, like the things that happened to us individually with there are so many other characters and players in this. I guess the reason why I feel very differently about Britney Spears sharing her abortion story and I don't have this like overwhelming sympathy for Justin Timberlake. I'm like, well, yes it happened, she's telling her version of it, and it's unfortunate that you didn't want that to come to public light, but it has. And that's part and parcel of the fact that you're both public figures. You both have incredibly powerful platforms to communicate your stories on. I guess I come from it from a very different perspective in that I think it is so important to talk about abortion because I think for so long men have been able to benefit from the anonymity of it and women experience it. And then we saw everything that happened with bro v Wade, where there are so many females who are campaigning against it, and women are being villainized for doing it. But the reality is so many men, so many powerful men, so many successful men, so many not powerful men and not successful men have benefited from women having abortions. And so I guess for me, I'm like, I think that the story lays more heavily with her because it did happen to her body, because it was something that she experienced, and by all sounds of it, it wasn't what she wanted, but she felt like she had to do it because she didn't have the support structures around her to allow her for any other option.
Speaker 1: But then, how do we feel if we flip that narrative on its head?
Speaker 3: How do we feel if we never heard.
Speaker 1: From Britney and Justin Timberlake came out and said we had an abortion when we were nineteen Britney Speers had an abortion, if he had told that story, how.
Speaker 2: Do we feel? I feel differently because I think when it comes to abortion, I think the majority of the story lays with the female. I maybe the minority in thinking that, you know, that might be controversial. People out there who have experienced one might think that it is a shared experience. But I would say that if it's happening to your body, it is major oratively your experience. Even if it emotionally affects the other person, it physically and emotionally affects you. And so therefore I think if you want to talk about it, you can talk about it.
Speaker 1: And I guess that's where I have trouble, because I still think it's the man's story as well. I know a lot of men that have gone through that that has really affected them, and are we to say that just because it wasn't in their body, that it's not their story. That's where I find it really like a thin line, like a thin tight rope to walk on.
Speaker 3: I agree with you.
Speaker 1: If he told the story and Brittany didn't, it would be a completely different story from the public's perspective.
Speaker 2: And I guess it also depends on the person's experience as to whether they feel like that person is entitled to the secrecy or not. There's going to be an instance where some people are going to have an abortion and they felt completely supported by their partners and it was a mutual decision that was gone into with mutual respect and validation towards each other. There are going to be women who had abortions and they didn't feel like they had that support or that mutual respect and validation. In which case is that person who who is the participant in that pregnancy? Are they entitled to the anonymity? And I guess that that's probably the big conversation that this comes down to, is that she didn't feel supported, she didn't feel like she got to make the decision that she wanted to make, and therefore she wants to talk about it. And for me, when it comes to abortion, I think the pendulum needs to swing. People need to be speaking about it because the only reason why we don't is because it is shrouded in shame. It's shrouded in this moral dilemma, and so by speaking about it it kind of starts to remove that and break that down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the difference is, and I said it before, is that it's because Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake are a different kettle of fish. It's different to a normal everyday woman that works in nine to five that doesn't have a public profile. It's different to her going to her friends on the Saturday night and saying, hey, guys, I had an abortion.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Do you have to go and get the consent from your partner or your ex or whoever? It was No, because it's a really trusted, tight knit community with Britney Spears and Justin Timberlay. There is not going to be one media outlet in the world that is not talking about it.
Speaker 3: So it does hit on a different level.
Speaker 1: If Justin had no warning that that was even coming, who knows how that could affect him because it's not coming from one person. It's not coming from a friend that's like, hey, Britney said you had an abortion. This is going to be such a hugely publicized event, a media storm, and there will be a pylon. It's going to have backlash. So all I think when I look at this situation is sure she could tell it, but I would hope maybe there was just a heads up from the team, Like it doesn't have to be a written permission, but like I feel like, and we don't know because we don't know the situation, but I feel like maybe a courtesy thing of it is happening just so you know, like this is coming out, just so you know.
Speaker 2: I guess like she's such a unique case, and like, there's definitely two ways you can talk about this. You can talk about it how we feel about it in general as a conversation, or you can talk about it specifically with Britney Spears. The only thing that I want to say and add to this in terms of her specific story is she was demonized by Justin Timberlake when he wrote the song crime a River and his film clip had an actress in it that was meant to look like Britney Spears. It was meant to be a representation of her, and he made her be the villain. He destroyed her good girl persona by being very public about the fact that she had cheated on him, she'd kissed someone else. In this book, she's come out to say that, you know, he also cheated on her, And so I guess this is her way of explaining what she experienced in that period of her life to also try and reframe the fact that she wasn't the villain and the fact that she was a nineteen year old girl who went through so much and yet at the end of it was made to look like she was such an awful, horrible person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at the end of the day, there were kids.
Speaker 1: I did see a PR expert come out just these last couple of days since this excert has dropped, saying, basically saying, from her expert opinion, she's a Hollywood PR expert, Justin has to respond. She's like, there is no way out of this. Silent doesn't exist. He's going to have to make a statement, and she says, I think he needs to make it before the release. But the release is today, so we haven't seen any We recorded this yesterday or Monday. This is Tuesday, so unless it comes out tonight, maybe his team are waiting to read the whole thing, the whole chapter before they make your response.
Speaker 3: But I think we're going to hear from him.
Speaker 1: I don't think in this situation you can cruise through on silent mode.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I would love to know people's opinions on this, because I do think that an abortion story lays more predominantly with the female who experiences it than the man. I'm not saying that his feelings are invalid, but I'm saying that as a female, I think that Brittany has every right to speak about it, and unfortunately Justin has to weather the storm of that in some way. And he is not a victim in that he has a huge profile, a huge media profile, and he has the right of reply. I guess that that's how I feel about it, and I would love to know if you think.
Speaker 3: That that is not correct. Anyway, let's get into accident unfiltered.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is an absolute cracker. I cannot believe I'm telling somebody this story, let alone the whole nation. So when I was sixteen, I had my first boyfriend and he told me he loved blowjobs. So I was like, oh, easy, I can do that. We're in his bedroom, things were getting hot and heavy. I saw my opportunity. It was my moment to shine. So I went down and I blew on his dick. Yep, you read it right. I blew on his dick and I came back up to see his reaction, and.
Speaker 2: I thinking I nailed that blow. It was a solid blow.
Speaker 3: He looked at me like, oh, sweetheart, that's not it.
Speaker 2: And I literally never saw him again. What do you mean you never saw him again?
Speaker 3: He goes to d I'm now twenty two. I'm still horrified by this story. Every single time I have sex I think.
Speaker 1: About it also, that's and yes, so you know I do know how to give a blowjob.
Speaker 2: Now stop it.
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 2: I broke up with my first boyfriend when I was fifteen because you wouldn't let me give him a blowjob? Why why not? I don't fucking know. But I tried like three times and he wouldn't let me. And we dated for a year and a half and we'd never gotten past just like the heavy petting stage, through close through complete clothes. But I was young and I wanted to take things further. I was like fifteen heading into sixteen, and we've been dating for a year and a half and he wouldn't let me. And at the time I wouldn't do it now obviously, guys, but I was young and I was like, I'm ready to take my experimenting one step further and he was not, And I.
Speaker 3: Was like, Okay, I guess he's fuck you.
Speaker 2: Oh come elsewhere? I yeah, Well then it was dumbly, like dumbley, that's not even a word, stupidly. I didn't remember having sex for like two years. So yeah, that's that's what happened. Do you know what you need to go and get tickets if you're on Gold Coast.
Speaker 3: And come to the Gold Coast Show, which is on tomorrow, Wednesday, tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if this is Tuesday and you're listening to it, or if this is not Tuesday and you're listening to it late, you might have missed it. But anyway, we've still got Amber in Brisbane to come tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Guys, we are dropping an absolutely incredible episode with the one and only Trinny Woodhall aka Trinny London.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: We interviewed her last week and she's just a fucking dream.
Speaker 1: She ain't so amazing in person, and the second she walked in the door, she walked in with her entourage and she was just like the sun. I saw her at the rest of the receptionist. The sun was behind her like an angel, and I was like, oh my god, you're amazing. She's one of those people that walks into a room and without even trying commands attention.
Speaker 3: Do you know those people?
Speaker 2: The sun wasn't behind her, it was shining out of her. She literally is the sun and we are actually all just orbiting around Trinny Woodow. We didn't realize.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the interview is tomorrow and we talk about so much. She has such an incredibly interesting life that I had no idea about. She's gone through so many chapters, and she refers to her life a lot in decades.
Speaker 3: So when she reflects back, she talks.
Speaker 1: About decades, the hardest decade, the best decade, the most successful decade, the lowest lows, and addictions that she went through too.
Speaker 3: She went to rehab, which a.
Speaker 1: Lot of people probably don't know, to her highly successful career, to her journey to motherhood, like we really really cover it all, and she's truly such an inspiration. Well.
Speaker 2: She also talks about how this period of her life is her most happiest and how she you know, I think this idea that and we've seen it a lot play out over social media. There's we've been many conversations around how our currency as a woman, like the things that we can bring, whether it be to our work or whether it be within the media, that we as we age, our value decreases. And Triny is the absolute antithesis of that. And she says it for herself, and maybe it's the privilege of working for herself, but she says that she's never seen age as a limiting factor in what she's been able to achieve in her life, and she has only become more successful as she has gotten older. And I love the way that she speaks about aging, the way that she speaks about her own successes, and all about is on tomorrow's episode.
Speaker 3: And that's it from us, guys.
Speaker 1: You know the drill to your mum, Te Dougte you friends, and share the love because we love love