Speaker 1: Good morning a Christian o'connall show podcast.
Speaker 2: He's absolutely a freakazoid.
Speaker 3: I'm afraid to ask too many questions in case I learned this. It wasn't just a kiss.
Speaker 4: What you make it? I've got a phobia. Okay.
Speaker 1: The Christian o'connall Show on Gold one four point three.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on God five.
Speaker 5: Minutes past six Tuesday morning, Good morning.
Speaker 4: Jack Post in the studio.
Speaker 3: Hi are you Christian?
Speaker 4: But Trina Jones down the line in Werribee where anything could happen.
Speaker 2: Hello, boys, how are you this morning?
Speaker 4: Oh we're good. It's so nice, so nice, So nice of you too. A plug in the equipment? Better mind. All you have to do is literally plug a socket into the wall and keep it on the wall and keep it on. Yes yesterday, for twenty minutes, we had no pats and the problem was someone in your household. I just unplugged the plug that connects you to this radio station. I love that it all goes Because people think there must be loads of wires and everything like that.
Speaker 5: It simply comes down to a plug.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't need an expert to work it out.
Speaker 6: No, Oh thanks Jack for your confidence boost. But you know what I do owe my husband in apology first off, and utmost this morning, because I was very damning yesterday.
Speaker 2: I did blame the love God.
Speaker 5: You actually said to us off here, he's dead.
Speaker 3: He's actually I'm going to kill him, and the Christian asked you if we could do it on it.
Speaker 6: I do apologize, darling, because it wasn't you. It was the eight year old who I had remembered was in here on Sunday afternoon recharging the iPad because it was flat. And you know what, she doesn't realize how things work or that mummy needs that to do a job and to put food on the table.
Speaker 4: So hopefully so you've taught a consequences and you've smashed all a bedroom furniture and she's sleeping on the flot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's out there back with the dog.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 2: So I do apologize, Christopher.
Speaker 4: Now, team, how do we think yesterday? Dan Andrews, So are you now changing your weekend plans?
Speaker 5: We are.
Speaker 3: It feels like we've been grounded and we're allowed to go and see our friends again. Our friends were straight away on a group text message saying should we go and kick the footy on the weekend.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's great, and so me and my mate Sue played golf badly together. We tried to book yesterday at five o'clock. We're playing nine holes this week away. No way. The golfers sat moment and I think Sam Newman's booked all tea times for the rest.
Speaker 5: Of twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: I sure you think of yesterday's news about how a lot of outdoor activities hiking, fishing, and of course golf can now happen again from Patsy, can you tell me why are all the restrictions lifted at exactly eleven fifty nine tonight? Why tonight at exactly eleven fifty nine.
Speaker 6: Well, I suppose they have to pinpoint in time, don't they. I guess to do it over night's easier than the middle of the day.
Speaker 4: All the golfers, the fishers, the hikers, we're all going to rush outdoors, descending on golf courses and that's going to create like a stampede around Victoria.
Speaker 2: So maybe that's why they do it.
Speaker 6: Maybe that's why they do it at midnight so you don't get a big influx of people all at once out in the community.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the curious one is that AFL this is a big precursor to hopefully footy being back. Who knows next month? Hopefully is that the players can go into training from eleven fifty nine tonight. I'm going to drive round the Chief. I don't see the D's players led by Max Gonder and Sprint training okay at exactly twelve oh one am. They are not committed to this strange twenty twenty season.
Speaker 3: Which team's want and more? You can tell by who's training at midnight till about one.
Speaker 4: Minute past twelve.
Speaker 7: Christian O'Connell, Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 4: I've just seen the first text that's come into the show today, the.
Speaker 5: Six o'clock update at five fifty seven am.
Speaker 4: Question Mark, question mark, question mark Andrew, Well, Andrew, sorry, you're so angry that your six o'clock update, which you obviously heard, because you not only did you hear it, you check to see what time it was, was three minutes early. We often have a choice, and producer Brad said, do you want to go to the news early or late? I'd rather go to it early so we can get the show up, if you'd rather have the six o'clock update, later than six o'clock, mister Andrew, please reply back you have my number. Amazing isn't that people can get that angry about the news being three minutes early.
Speaker 8: That you hurt.
Speaker 4: So it doesn't really matter whether it was a six am or five fifty seven am question mark, question mark, Mark Andrew, you have the.
Speaker 6: News all right, but they get in the car and they think they're like for work, though I see you see who is there?
Speaker 4: By the way.
Speaker 5: I love it in radio when they think that everyone listening to radio they.
Speaker 4: All move around us one multi headed beasts, and they're all doing different things. Patsy, they're not hanging on every word we say.
Speaker 3: Also think that's a myth. The first job I ever had in radio, I remember the boss telling me that is. People said they're watched by the radio. If they hear if the traffic's late, then they think they have to hop out of the shower early because they're going to be late from work. People have clocks everywhere. They don't hear.
Speaker 4: The it's on the microwave, it's on their wrist. You know, we are not. I remember when I also we used to have many many years ago, about three different breakfast shows ago. Right, quite early on in my career, we had this American consultant called Dennis. He's famous all over the world, right, very probably one of the radio's most famous consultants. And he now is the exec producer of Ryan Seacrest's show. It goes all over East and West Coast. Ryan Seacrest is on something like forty five million dollars a year. He's the biggest syndicated radio show. Is actually bigger now than Stern because he goes into all these different markets. But anyway, he's now his exec producer, so he's a gun of radio. And I remember he used to consult for me for six months until they fired him because of some advice he gave me. But before I get to that, right, there was he consulted on me and another bigger, very successful breakfast show in London. Then a legend of morning radio in London was Chris Tarrant. For years, no one could get near Chris Tarrant, right, he was a god. And I was on an indie station. I guess it'd be like Triple R. Triple J would have been like equipment and had a five great years there. Ricky Gervais used to be there in Carl Pilkeerton. It was a great five years. But anyway, I had this consultant and he would literally go from speaking to Chris Tarrant, you know, this very successful god, to then this grubby kind of indie DJ, which is me in my late twenty early thirties. Remember the first time he sat down me after a show, right, and I walked him thinking that was another great barnburner of a show, and he just goes to me, do you know what this number here is? And I go, I don't know. And I looked at a load of numbers that was like there were like it was like a tally chart. There was like about twenty there, and he goes, do you want this number is? And there was two on not even one of those bar to go through, And I said, I don't know. He goes the one that left all of those numbers. That's the many times Chris Tarrant tells the time he treats his show like a human alarm clock. Over here, four hour show. You do two casual time checks, one of which you mumbled, if you want to be successful on breakfast radio, being more like Chris Terell the time, the time he literally wrote down human alarm clock. You wouldn't treat the show like so. You would have loved his advice. Passon.
Speaker 3: I don't even know. Do you do a lot of time calls?
Speaker 2: Now you have never heard him do it time for two years?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: No, I do, yeah, coming, you don't hear them.
Speaker 3: It's a paper that stuff. It's like, this is the stuff he has to get through.
Speaker 5: No one is lying in bed until I tell them the time.
Speaker 4: You know, we all say it's now eight thirteen hours.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you're going to wait through an air break, a song and the news just for you to come back and tell somebody at the time. But it's your last the twenty minutes of the morning.
Speaker 4: I don't know why they went to walk my dog to day. They started the show early. And the other piece of advice, right, he went to me, by the way, this indie format is holding you back.
Speaker 5: You should quit and.
Speaker 4: That is why they fired him as my consultant, a great consultant. This place is to die.
Speaker 5: Leave here as aben. That was the end of me and.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast Late.
Speaker 4: All right, Late Law Party. This is where the home of all your brilliant emails on the show. You can chip in about anything you've heard us talk about on the show. Whether you're too busy at the time to sling us an email, you can do it when it's easier for you. We call it late to the party. The email address as always Christian at gold one four three dot com dot au. And yes I read all the emails first one because I'm so much said on yesterday's sho join the misheard lyrics from Victoria Keene. Christian not to be too pedantic, but I am going to be. You mentioned the great Aussie band Dragon on yesterday's show during the miss her lyrics section. Not an Australian band.
Speaker 3: I said the New Zealand. We tried to claim in Clive scenario exactly.
Speaker 4: That Chap actually a Kiwi band relocated to Sydney, but fronted by the late Mark Hunter, who was a key we Please see attached.
Speaker 5: Links for evidence. Three attached links.
Speaker 4: I take your word for Victoria Keen, and as always I'm learning about my new home and what's Australia. What's her New Zealand. Australians do have a habit and form here of taking things. Aren't necessarily theirs and making them Australian. She goes here, ps Pavlova, far Lap, Split Ends, Crowded House, Russell Crowe OSSI's stealing our stuff since forever ago. That comes from Victoria listening to the show every day over in Christchurch, New Zealand.
Speaker 3: You know what that made me think of her linking all the evidence is that we sit on our own pile of evidence, which is our encyclopedias. And then I look around and since we've been out of the studio and lockdown, someone's got rid of all the encyclopedias.
Speaker 4: Another victim of lockdown is knowledge ability to learn.
Speaker 9: He's running this station, Hitler, he tried to burn all the books.
Speaker 4: What's going on? Tom Taylor, Great name sounds like something from a kid's TV show, Tom Taylor, Christian, Jack and Pats love the discovery on the show last week from You, Christian that the only job that doesn't require working knowledge of the times table is yours as the humble radio DJ. Yes learning for me Yeah last week Open, he said on air, no one knows to know that needs to know the time tables in their jobs. When it turns out every other job apart from this Mickey Mouse job does need to know.
Speaker 3: That apparently every day as well. And you gave me did you use it once in the last year.
Speaker 4: I heard also Jack struggling with nine times eight, as he called it, his nemesis. We should do a phone in one day. We can do a whole show about what is your nemesis and what has been your nemesis. They're with you from childhood. I remember telling my kids that one I said, the thing is with these people who don't like at school. What's at school is in the rest of adult life. There are those characters and archetypes and nemesis that are always there. Those people you're not quite sure if you like them more. They just irritate you. I heard a discovery about the nine times table. Oh no, not more advice about the times good. This would be good I need in this job. I heard the discovery about the nine times table that Jack might be able to use. That is, all of the nine times table add up to nine. This sounds odd. Let me explain. Two times nine equals eighteen. So that's one plus eight equals nine. Nine times eight equals seventy two. Again, seven plus two equals nine.
Speaker 3: It not really, it's it's actually adding more calculations into what is essentially should be one calculation.
Speaker 5: Guys, this a real game changer.
Speaker 4: No, no, again, we can do a phone in about game changes. This my friend Tom, thank you very much your email. Tom Taylor not a game changer. Christian Lateler party in Scotland. I listened to your podcast a bit behind because I used to work for a big international airline crew and I've been laid off. Still listening to the show, though, I hope you're okay. I used to work first class cabin London Heathrow to lax and a few years ago. One of our passengers was working on his laptop with a very fancy looking extra keyboard connected to it. I think this is when you didn't realize who you were talking to. We did a couple of weeks on the show Try my Best first Class Customer Service Voice. I said, that.
Speaker 5: Looks like a very nifty piece of kit. What's that?
Speaker 4: The passenger in first class looked at me wearily and went a keyboard, and I said, ooh, are you a musician?
Speaker 5: He smiled and went yes.
Speaker 4: I went back and checked his name, then googled him and found out it was Mark Hoppers from blink favorite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my all time favorite.
Speaker 4: Is that he actually flew back again two days later with us and he was a lovely guy. Had a big chat with him in the galley. Also there at the galley at the same time was Damian Lewis, the actor, great British actor, his star of Homeland.
Speaker 3: Homeland.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I supe as like.
Speaker 4: A chat show.
Speaker 10: You head up there twenty thousand feet Yes, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: We have Patsy. I mean, it's a real shame you're missing out on that. I know you're working from home and you have been for quite a few weeks now. You miss out on the team meeting on a Monday. Oh yes, that is a real regular nothing. It's a real regular brains trust as always, the team meeting at well, at one point Sue the boss who very strong relationship with this team. Respectful our Phil Jackson. If you watch her last dance, that's our Phil Jackson.
Speaker 5: Oka playmaker. You know you she's brought back the ten k.
Speaker 3: The same way as in the MJ documentary if they were getting rid of Phil Jackson. MJ is not going to play no way get rid of soup.
Speaker 5: We're out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you go in her office. It's like going the office of Phil Jackson. That whiteboard. You've got what we call the gold place. You got the playbook in there, and it came out yesterday.
Speaker 5: Who knew? That's suddenly on a Monday, when.
Speaker 4: Everyone's looking at Dan Andrews, what's our boss doing, Sue Jackson, she's talking ten K, no repeat work day, but game changer.
Speaker 5: It's not.
Speaker 4: It is ten K, but it's ten people winning one K over ten hours.
Speaker 3: Sparks are coming out trying to defend that.
Speaker 4: You can't, you can't, you can't deal with it. It's like the full court press. You can't handle that kind of heat. And then I hear Patsy she's written a new line for you at the top of the venus, and that what is it?
Speaker 5: One grand in your back.
Speaker 2: In your bang, a grand in the hand?
Speaker 5: What does that come from? That genius? Likely it is it's like working with Prince.
Speaker 4: Go in there and there's a new you lick and you're like, one grand in your hand. I walk out there going I can't. I couldn't come up with something like that anyway. In the team meeting yesterday, she snapped at one point and went that's the last time I'm ever giving you a compliment. I actually said that to me. That's the last time. And that's the Phil Jackson away, you know, keep them down. Yeah, tough love. But one thing we found out is that brad Our producer his wife has spent one hundred and thirty dollars buying a pair of dumbbells on gum tree. Because you can't buy dumbbells in Rebel Sports or anywhere. They're all sold out, like when we went to Lockdown. But just for a pair of dumbbells, which are normally what twenty thirty bucks toss you would.
Speaker 3: Think at most, Yeah, for one hundred and thirty bucks, can't you surely just some heavy things outside.
Speaker 4: Like go to Bunnings that's it's a gravel or something. And for about eight bucks one hundred and thirty dollars on gum tree. Whoever was sold those over the weekend is laughing as you're putting away with your car barely lay down with a couple of little dumbbells in the back.
Speaker 3: Then, just by coincidence, I've come across an article that is the top ten most searched products on gum Tree.
Speaker 5: Ah all right, what do we think are on the list?
Speaker 4: Then? So what?
Speaker 5: This is the most search for things on gum Tree.
Speaker 3: This is the most search for things on gum Tree over the year. So it might be influenced by things like Jim equipment being sold out in rebel Sport, but it also might just be your everyday items.
Speaker 5: You making it really tough? Is it home Jim equipment?
Speaker 3: Yes, Christian, the first one number.
Speaker 4: Might be home Jim equipment. Please? Can Jack post take over? If Eddie ever leaves Millionaire hot seat? Can Jack go on?
Speaker 5: Now? This big question might have.
Speaker 4: An answer that begins with the letter B.
Speaker 5: An A. All right, so home Jim?
Speaker 3: All right? Well, then Christian goes ahead one nil, Patsy, what do you think I reckon?
Speaker 6: Like baby nursery furniture would have to be on there, like prams and cots and all that rigmarole bell.
Speaker 11: On the.
Speaker 3: Christian?
Speaker 4: When you say home Jim equipment, is it more than one item on there?
Speaker 5: Rowing machine?
Speaker 4: Dumb bell?
Speaker 3: Jim takes care of all those okay, adult sex toys this week?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I've got to go and.
Speaker 5: Get one this week came from some countries.
Speaker 3: What happened to the one sexy Land sent you weren't happy with them or you got your full use out of them.
Speaker 5: A rain mac.
Speaker 4: Like pun show with sexy Land on I can't walk out my dog in the rain advertising sexy Land with your dog.
Speaker 3: Sex toys is not on there.
Speaker 6: What about old engagement rings? You know, things have gone a bit of rye and they've got to get rid of the offload the ring.
Speaker 3: No type of jewelry in the top.
Speaker 4: Trailers not.
Speaker 3: I'll give you that for caravan at number three?
Speaker 5: All right, shoes shoes.
Speaker 4: Is not on there.
Speaker 3: And please don't take multiple guesses in.
Speaker 6: A televisions Old TV pleasantess TVs aren't on there.
Speaker 5: Who is buying an old Knacker TV off gum Tree.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to sell one at the moment.
Speaker 4: What a TV?
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, big.
Speaker 2: Fifty inch? How much your pioneer speakers?
Speaker 4: How much you asking?
Speaker 2: I'll take a couple of hundred one? Maybe pretty good if you encounters with the.
Speaker 3: Pats is allowed to sell a TV and I'm not allowed to sell my U.
Speaker 5: Because it's under two hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: You know the golden rule. You were asking for several thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: I said the going price was five thousand thousand was too low?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: So what is on the top ten of the most searched items on gum Tree?
Speaker 3: At number ten the Humble pushbike and number nine a Granny Flatt's photo like portable homes?
Speaker 4: Oh right out of the boat?
Speaker 5: Oh cool?
Speaker 4: So right?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: Number eight was the jim equipment. Number seven jobs, it's a picture of a man doing a courier Is a courier driver?
Speaker 4: Didn't know you could do that in country?
Speaker 3: Number six is a puppy. Would you buy that?
Speaker 4: Pretty?
Speaker 5: Sad?
Speaker 2: I don't like that. It could be breeders, It could be legit puppy farms.
Speaker 3: Now that if the.
Speaker 4: Newsreader of passy saying puppy farms.
Speaker 3: Like number five is the fridge. Number four is a room to rent. Number three is the caravan. Number two is a boat, and that number one.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to think like an Australian. Now the boats at.
Speaker 3: Number two, boats at number two.
Speaker 4: I should have gone for the boat. You guys love a boat? Is it fishing rods?
Speaker 3: At number one is a car?
Speaker 5: You knew well? Now you're up to.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: So yesterday evening news went around the world that the great one of the comedy great actors, Jerry Stiller, father of Benston, had passed away. And have you ever seen him in Seinfeld? Also great in King of Queen's with Kevin James, great sitcom as well, But Seinfeld, he was amazing. It was actually only in thirty episodes out of one hundred and eighty, but the impact, Yeah, it always felt like more than a recurring character who only actually did thirty out of the one hundred eighty episodes one hundred and eighty episodes that they did of the run of Seinfeld, but he had such a big impact on it. Even when he was referred to, you just started to smile. He was an amazing comic actor and in any scene he was in in Seinfeld, and what a great cast that was inside right, they were so great in that I always thought he stole every single scene he was in the Volcanic Father of George Costanza, Frank stands who would just fly off the hand or was an amazing performance by him. Festivus is one of the best episodes of Seinfeld with Franks Stanza, where he wanted to do his own alternative to Christmas. He had a fear of He had a fear of tinsel like one of our last week, didn't. He set his own alternative and it was. I watched this episode and the Caddy as well, which is another great one when Frank reacts in a really weird way when he finds out his son might be dead. But anyway, this is a bit of his great work in Festivus.
Speaker 1: Until you'll pin me, George fest of Us is not.
Speaker 5: Challenging his son to her mind, let's rumble.
Speaker 12: Take of Georgie.
Speaker 4: Stop crying and fight you far. This is the Festivus.
Speaker 5: Stop crying and your father brilliant.
Speaker 1: The tradition of Festivus begins with the airing of grievances. I got a lot of problems with your people.
Speaker 4: Now you're gonna hear about it. And then even going up against the great Will Ferrell, Ben still had cast his dad as his dad in Zoolander. He's got He's great in Zoolander as well. And I just remembered it last night because I only watched it again for the first time in years Zoolander to show my kids it.
Speaker 5: It's still really fun.
Speaker 3: I would love to see it again. I haven't seen it in.
Speaker 4: Years, such a great movie.
Speaker 5: Forget about the cameos.
Speaker 4: David Bowie, Yeah, not just a Cameo's got a couple of really funny lines in there. And then the front row of the thrashing parade has got all those actors from years ago, like Stephen Dwarf. Do you remember Stephen Dorf. He was that really cool kind of actor for a while. They've got all these strange little cameos in it. But I forgot that Jerry Stiller was in it as Maury Bollstein. He's got this amazing scene.
Speaker 1: Got two words for you, sugar, zip disk.
Speaker 5: The whole thing is in my den in Long Island. I can have that evidence here in twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: And a boy Maury a lot of second. I'm afraid of the radiation where he calls his wife, Sheila Haley.
Speaker 5: It's me listen.
Speaker 1: I need you to bring dad ziptus in the then down to the fashion show.
Speaker 9: I don't care what the traffic is like, take the goddamn service and get off before the bridge.
Speaker 1: So put in one of those tupperware containers.
Speaker 4: Now heat it up in the microwave when I get home.
Speaker 10: For Christ's sake, it's a Castle old Sheila, it'll.
Speaker 4: Stay shut up. No one yelled as funny as the late great Jerry Stiller rip legend.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show past yesterday.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it was the news about maybe they're gonna be going back to school before the end of this time. The kids in my house a little bit of a lighter atmosphere. It did help with.
Speaker 5: The classic dad joke. This is a good joke right during their break.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I can see my daughters chatting to some of their mates and like the spits on zoom for home schooling, right and obviously I'm aware that the kids can see obviously ruby.
Speaker 3: Or if I walk past from the background, yep.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I might do a funny voice like this, for example last week.
Speaker 8: Hello.
Speaker 5: It gets an easy little laugh, and it might Most of all, it just annoys my toor.
Speaker 4: To go that's not funny.
Speaker 5: That's my dad.
Speaker 4: I killed with this one yesterday to pretend going downstairs to coming back.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what pats those are. The two mates of.
Speaker 4: Hers were laughing. Okay, that's all I need is two of them laughing undone for the day. It was a hell of a performance at one o'clock at lunchtime yesterday. I'm trying to hopefully I've got busy day to day get back for another not this time, not man in lyft going sorry, not man going downstairs to get something, but the lift and then it gets stuck between floors like so. But anyway, if you want to annoy your kids today, just walk behind them as they're having one of their online schooling and pretend to go downstairs to the basement to get something and then it's away.
Speaker 3: Quad work harder than you think.
Speaker 4: And then sometimes you go back and you know something back down. A sunny scope for comedy is huge.
Speaker 3: I remember Jim oh And had a whole TV show. This is how I pictured it about that where he went up and down the stairs behind the dead He was a cooking It was a fake cooking show. But all I remember of.
Speaker 5: Great, great stand up.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize and I got here, he lives here and he's a a I didn't realize all the big starr he is here. But yeah, some years ago in the UK, brilliant, brilliant stand up comedian Jim Owen so yesterday with the news that now the restrictions have been lifted in the hopefully the right way for the next couple of weeks and see how we all get on. But the big thing is we're all making different plans this weekend, aren't we. And that was a big thing, straight right, five people? What can we do? Five? Five people? I did like it when Dan, as you said about the five people coming around, he went, only family and friends, as if I was going to drive around you coughing, you got a sore throat, come around to mine this weekend, Hey, stranger party round at the o'connells, Come on over. Only family and friends, are kb one Victorian's only family and friends? No, what you guys are like? Okay, just inviting anyone around for a shebang round of yours this Saturday night. So anyway, he got me thinking about because we've got a situation where there's a whole group of us and if you just invite five, it's an odd number. They're all married couples at our age or your boring mates are all boring married people like you. So you know, we've got to become about who we invite over. And oh they'll be upset they can't recome around because play favorites. Hey, you can't because the Furious Five.
Speaker 5: You got the Furious five come around. You've got a worker.
Speaker 4: Who are the Furious five? If all married couples, what does that mean to you? Do it in shifts? We see them between six and seven. You've got the seven to eight bit, you've got to go and stuff like that. So we all do it like that. I'm not sure to do. But it got me thinking about if you could have anyone round this weekend, anyone did or alive, anyone round at yours?
Speaker 5: Who would you have, Patsy, who would.
Speaker 4: It be for you?
Speaker 6: I'd have Brian Adams up the top, of course I would have joy.
Speaker 5: Do you think it'd be that interesting?
Speaker 2: Of course he would. I'm having to do.
Speaker 5: But what's you exactly? What's he coming round for? Snacks?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've got these corset ones. I've got facon. It's a vegan bacon. You do it, but not at the same grill that you do the meat as well. Well.
Speaker 2: He get what he was served.
Speaker 3: You're my favorite singer and musician eat meat for the first time in thirty years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know you're Jewish, but you will have whatever I feed you.
Speaker 5: You'll get what you serve. And that's the wearby Pats.
Speaker 4: So that's what he.
Speaker 3: Respectful shy house.
Speaker 4: My rules sure is gonna have a great Saturday night around.
Speaker 6: Don't leave the table until you've finished your plate. Jackie Nassas would also be there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's got a mood. Adams moaning about how he's got to have a pig sandwich basically.
Speaker 5: Then he've got Jackie O Nasses.
Speaker 4: So Jackie Nassis in Weeraby, this is amazing water. What a store driving?
Speaker 2: Bring a bit of class to the joint, didn't she?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I didn't want to say anything but that.
Speaker 4: Your word's not mine. So driving it into the coldest sect where you're resided is putting up.
Speaker 3: Chris is out of the front cutting the hose up to make a beer bar.
Speaker 4: Hey, Jackie, just need to cut that hose. So you've got Jackie Jackie on Nasses.
Speaker 5: Brian Adam is coming out west Meryl strap.
Speaker 4: What's wrong with Meryl is great?
Speaker 5: This is the thought of all of these out on the deck ground at yours.
Speaker 2: Then i'd have Sarah Jessica Parker.
Speaker 4: She'd hates it coming around to yours. I'll tell you why, big old dog she strikes with someone when that dog Pressley, that enormous sort of cliff of the big red dog starts jumping up on Sarah Jessica Parker's dress or you know, Milano chewing, She's gonna hate it.
Speaker 2: I'd also have the four members of ever to be.
Speaker 4: There was already broken down and rules. You're now getting a two thousand dollars fine. You got to ask Jackio to check chip in. He's been fined sixteen hundred dollars by the State of Victoria.
Speaker 3: You can have one member of EVERA of the rest have to wait outside.
Speaker 4: So how does Brian Adams feel? He's thinking, well, I'm the only musicians. Hang on, who's that is? Benny?
Speaker 5: And what's his name?
Speaker 4: The other three from Amber He's not been put in his place, Brian, put the guitar away, abra here.
Speaker 5: We don't need any of your mediocre lukewarmings like.
Speaker 2: Could count as one would be one. So there's my five.
Speaker 3: Off one playte.
Speaker 1: Christian Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 4: So with the news that we can have five over this weekend, we're thinking, if you could have anyone over this weekend, ted or alive, who would it be? Patsy's gone for quite a party on Saturday night. So if I remember he got Brian Adams, yep, Jackie R.
Speaker 2: Nassis correct, Sarah Jessica.
Speaker 5: Parker, Sarah Jessica Parker, and.
Speaker 2: Then yep, Meryl straight.
Speaker 5: Mail Street and then I mean that is this that that's not enough?
Speaker 4: Abba?
Speaker 3: All four members?
Speaker 2: So you're update coming out of retirement, all right, So.
Speaker 4: There's eight, there's obviously you and your husband, O Kate, there's ten. Now how are you all seating? Everybody who sits?
Speaker 5: Where are you're breaking up? Abba?
Speaker 4: Abbot?
Speaker 5: One of you?
Speaker 4: Benny, who sit next to Brian? Where are they all sat on this banquet table?
Speaker 2: I reckon, we'll go out the back.
Speaker 6: We don't have a big dining table, so we always have bigdos out the back on their decking. We might cook a barbecue and have some cold babas and some salad pav maybe for dessert, lovely.
Speaker 4: Lovely, and it strikes me. Then they'll also be sat on those odd chairs. You know, we've only got a set number of decent chairs, like six.
Speaker 3: You have to bring some of the indoor chairs outside.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you might have to borrow like a high one from a neighbor. So someone's high store. And then there's someone else to be sating, like all these little bed stall for a table.
Speaker 5: Or something there on the floor.
Speaker 4: Brian Adams's moony again, only has he got to have a snag and he's a vegetarian. He's on the little kiddy footstool or something on the floor. All right, who I have this weekend? Out my way? I'd have Donald Trump?
Speaker 3: Okay, you're just trying why No, I.
Speaker 4: Tell you why I have Trump. I have Jessica durn Okay, New Zealand, that leader I think. I think she's one of the smartest leaders in the world right now. I'd have her and Trump, those two trying to talk to each other. Hopefully she can try and talk some sense and other couptries would be incredible.
Speaker 3: And if not, you'll get some good stories from Monday morning on.
Speaker 4: The exactly what happened when Trump he came round to mine. Okay, I'd also have because I'm fascinated in the Pyramids and the true still of the Pyramids, Teuton Carmoon would come round, you know, I'd ever quick chat with him about listen, how do you build those pyramids?
Speaker 3: He was dead when they build him?
Speaker 7: Was it?
Speaker 4: He will know stuff. Okay, ah, no, he will know it's a toton car moon. And then you need someone to do the food really well. Okay, I like doing a barbecue, but I want to be hearing what Trump's saying and are done, and also what Tooton Carmoon's got to say. So I'm gonna have celebrity chef. He's available at the moment. Pete Evans is going to come round. And also because I like on a Saturday nights to have for a couple of glasses, why he's going to bring that light machine round, which can cure hangovers and everything. I'm gonna be all right Sunday morning waking up, I won't have a stinking hangover and have that light box.
Speaker 3: So he's not there for conversation. He's there to keda do the food, and wear's that light machine.
Speaker 4: Peete, okay Jack.
Speaker 3: I first my head went to Kirk Kabam, and then I thought, actually it seems hard to please. I feel like anything you serve up.
Speaker 4: You won't be happy with mister Saturday Night. No.
Speaker 3: So then I'm going to shift that to Dave Groll geta stories, but just seems more pleasant.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 5: He's very charismatic and a really funny guy.
Speaker 3: I sort of felt the same thing about John Lennon. A bit too intimidating, not.
Speaker 4: Doll, but a complicated character's a bit political maybe, So I'm going to go Paul McCartney, no politics Saturday Night. Meanwhile, I'm hosting Trump The King of Ideas too, Carmoon and a light machine man.
Speaker 3: I'd have Michael Jordan, of course, because says with the last dance at the moment, and then this is gonna seem like a cliche. Einstein sunny.
Speaker 5: Now you're like one of those reality TV shows. It's a pin.
Speaker 4: Headed girl on married at first sight. I really like to go who would I like to go on a slippery date with Einstein?
Speaker 5: For his mind?
Speaker 3: I feel like when we've talked a lot of pop culture about music in basketball, we can go, you know what, guys, let's Einstein's here as well. Let's get some mad albert A.
Speaker 6: Jumping on this one nine times.
Speaker 4: A crazy hair to you as well with a big high hair as well. I don't you get on very well with Einstein?
Speaker 3: Of all our dinner parties, I do like mine the best.
Speaker 4: What a surprise, Jacks O'Connell podcast, Christian over the weekend. If I could have anyone round it mine, I'd have Sir David Attenbrough, Freddie Mercury, Anthony Bourdain, great choice, uh Da Vinci and Nelson Mandela.
Speaker 5: That's quite a mix, good mix, though, Christian.
Speaker 4: I'm a massive comedy fans around at mine to cram one on West this weekend, I'd have Billy Connolly, Ross Noble, John Clees and Robin Williams. The fifth person I'd love to have around is my late father, so we could meet my granddaughter, Craig. That's lovely, mate, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show Podcast.
Speaker 4: If I was a multi Bill Gates level, way was he got? You know, Jeff Bezos where I think they're actual almost trillionaires?
Speaker 3: Oh, Jeff Bezos, I think one hundred plus billion.
Speaker 4: You can't even understand what does that look like on your statement? You don't think you never asked for a cash machine?
Speaker 5: Do you want to see your balance?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 4: Why give me bad news. Just give me the counches, the cash in the account. I don't want to see my statement or current balance. It's never good news. It's never what I thought it's all just evaporating out of the account.
Speaker 3: But you is that every time you unscreen, I'll get the receipt, not just that.
Speaker 4: And here make sure that everyone behind you know the rest of us do that thing. Will we're shielding any kind of any kind of viewer eyes behind us, don't you using the angles and blocking people like you're on the footy pitch.
Speaker 5: He would actually just go look at that.
Speaker 4: I mean it, I've got to scroll down on the screen to get to the end of this. With the old point, I've got.
Speaker 5: So much money.
Speaker 4: But if I was a multi billionaire, I would pay for Patsy to have that all those people around this weekend, just for the strange mish mash all of Abbot going out there around at yours with Brian Adams Mail Streems. I'd even have the technology to dig up and reanimate Jack your Nassis just they could all go out.
Speaker 3: But it's Meryl Streep on one shoulder and Brian Adams on the other.
Speaker 4: All right, Then five to Blit Tuesday as always, you're the star dur the next hour and your amazing stories when we do five topic Tuesday. So if you hear anything because he punt thes up in the air, anything you might have a story for, then give us a call nine four one four, one o four three best calls will get John next.
Speaker 5: Now we go get prizes, including Disney Plus three for a year.
Speaker 4: So if you're stuck for stuff to watch at the moment, you've got endless movies and TV shows, some one of the best kids movies ever made as well, and the brilliant The Star Wars found the Mandalorians back for a second season. That is a great great spinoff Star Wars show as well. Got that for a year Disney Plus and also one hundred dollars eBay vouchers. Yesterday, the young Jackpost was stunned when I was telling him about how if you were to drive anywhere back in the eighties or nineties, you would have to consult charts other wi is known as atlases and maps, And I was telling him about a two hour car trip the first time Mima May ever drove up to London Town two hours.
Speaker 5: What happened is you go to.
Speaker 4: The top of the page and then you have to pull over to find page sixty two the next bit where you were the bottom of that page, And it was quite an ordeal. Quite a skill to be able to read a map and drive. You didn't have what you've got now.
Speaker 5: They're in your phones, sat now, so that they hadn't been invented.
Speaker 3: And true in my adult driving life, I've never had to open our version of it.
Speaker 2: Which is the Melways Melways, yeah.
Speaker 3: And paths for way too long into my adult life. Again, I didn't realize that Melways. I thought that was an international term for a book of road directions until.
Speaker 4: Sydney Bridgeways hang on. Melbourne Way's clever, so clever, all right, Just simply map stories. You must have stories, stun Jack boast a millennial with your map reading stories. You must have stories where you got the map wrong or what happened with involving trying to plot, especially a country this size is not bad enough.
Speaker 5: In the UK, we.
Speaker 4: Actually had a sixty two page at this for such a small country compared to the mega country and continent that is Australia. So map stories, long hel grudges. I hope we get some good stories about this. A long hell grudge, whether it's against a sports player, a celebrity, a family member, an ex long held grudges. I find that grudges the longer that you carry on, because the funnier as well. Famous Cousins. We did this about two years ago in the early days of the show, and I'd always remember one the person that called in adamant. They related to Winston Churchill. So how we got another one like that? Famous Cousins and.
Speaker 5: What do you still on?
Speaker 4: My daughter came down yesterday and she said, do you know what this said? She'd found it in her bedroom clearing out some stuff. This is amazing, this is incredible. I actually got a little bit as I saw it. I actually went, oh my god. There it is sort of thing you have in a movie scene, isn't it. How did you get hold of that?
Speaker 5: There it is? I thought I'd never see it again.
Speaker 4: This is a CD, right you meant the old blank CD CDRs recording with CDs that I made for my firstborn Ruby when she was born in two thousand and four. I made a mixed CD. You know I'm obsessed with mix Streets, mix CDs and now Spotify players. I made this for her when I went to pick her and my wife at the day after she was born from hospital, and it was only a ten minute car trip to go home, but i'd made a road trip mixtape CD. Then when we got in the house, I qued it back up. My wife went, that's enough of the mixtape now. Anyway. The thing is this was made almost sixteen years ago in July. She's sixteen, and I haven't seen that since I made it when she was one day old. And it's even dating eighteenth seven four Ruby Lona O'Connell Homecoming Mix. I don't know what's on that. I know one song Kenny Loggins Ruby Don't Take Your Love to Down. I don't know what the other. I don't know what the other tracks on it because I don't own a CD player and they.
Speaker 5: Wanted to get my laptop. They don't have the little thing at the side anymore.
Speaker 3: And in modern radio station apparently doesn't have a CNA.
Speaker 4: Come in this morning thinking, oh, fine one at the radio station i'm employed by.
Speaker 5: There's no CD plays.
Speaker 4: It's all offdives now, so I can't I can't desperate to know what did the tracks on here? But it gave me a buzz last night finding that. Yeah, even just seeing that again. I came in this morning delicately holding it as well, just seeing that. But I'm so lucky I've still got this sixteen years later. So what do you still own as well? I've got the mixed CD for almost sixteen years ago. What do you still own?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 4: I had a new one to my list that I keep updating of things you never thought you'd hear someone on a radio show say off air. I remember a while ago on the show, we were asking a ten year old boy, did he seriously think he could kick Jack in the head?
Speaker 3: Remember that, yes, yes, and the lawyers at the radio station would never let it happen.
Speaker 4: So the first thing that we wanted to do that didn't happen on the show. We need to go back to some of these things, other than as we head to a couple of weeks time, the show being two years old, try and redo the ideas that couldn't happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was going to wear the helmet, the helmet that you see boxes were when there's just sparring and a taekwondo kid was going to kick me in the head.
Speaker 4: Anyway, new one when I just overhear Jack say to a caller go big on the Hitler connection, but not in an ironic way and there is a caller, which gets me very excited. I can barely focus with a Hitler connection, I'm hoping it's about famous cousins rather than map stories. They found Hitler's bunker or something. But anyway, we're doing five topic Tuesday. The stories that we're looking for today from you are anything to do with reading maps, Jack, yesterday was stunned about the time before you simply pulled out your phone, and now with Apple Maps and Google Maps, it's all at your fingertips. And before that Sat Nows and Tom Tom's we used to have to use road opp This is to navigate any long car trip. So anything to do with map stories, long held grudges, famous cousins, and things you still have. I found yesterday this mixed sed I made when my daughter was a day old, almost sixteen years ago. All right, no, four one four, one oh four three, let's go to Will. First of all, good on in Will.
Speaker 11: Good morning, Christian. How are you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm good. Well, thanks to calling the show.
Speaker 5: And you've got someone to say about maps.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm ex Army. We still use Miami still uses today maps en compasses. The maps are in one kilometer square grid references, and we can get the ten square ten numbers in your grid reference and you can find yourself within ten minutes of where you need to be.
Speaker 5: This is incredible. So you still keeping the map industry alive very much.
Speaker 4: So we shouldn't.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't want to say anything bad about our depending. Could you come into the twenty first century and use Google Maps?
Speaker 11: Yeah, Well, when you're in the middle of the bush, you know, and you're nearest town is maybe one hundred and fifty two hundred, rouble, how are you going to turn left at the next bush?
Speaker 3: Good point? There's no tom toms in the tanks or army vehicles.
Speaker 11: No, nothing like that. It still use maps and you know, compasses.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's why it took the American government so long to find being lad eight or seven. Turn that up ship, you know they're playing that. We've been loud than the footholds. Well, thank you very much for giving us a.
Speaker 11: Call, No drummers. Have a good day, guys, and you mate.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Didn't Will have a great commanding voice, sounded like a leader on the line.
Speaker 8: There the anchor, good morning, good morning, How are you guys?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're good. So the anka famous cousins. Who is your famous cousin?
Speaker 8: Unfortunately I have the world's most hated cousin. It would be Hitler.
Speaker 5: Hitler, that's your cousin.
Speaker 8: My dad's on my dad's side.
Speaker 5: Yes, so your dad German?
Speaker 3: Yes he is, so trace it back for us who.
Speaker 8: He's Akay, it's Hitler's Sada's sister. I believe that we are related to and it's along that line somewhere. But yeah. I found out watching a documentary one night last year on TV and I rung Dad and I went, is this true? And he goes yes, and I have all the paperwork to confirm it, and I went, Holy cramp.
Speaker 3: That made it sound like the documentary flashed up an image of your dad.
Speaker 4: This is one of these, Yes, Malcolm, Malcolm Hitler. So can you just tell us what was this eureka moment when you're watching a documentary and then suddenly you get the connection to your dad.
Speaker 8: About Hitler, it was he had a cousin if he's pitcheda who was in an insane asilument. His name was Louise Fate Fight it's pronounced and that is my maiden name. And I just join you together and rang Dad and he's like, yeah, we're not you know, we're proud of it, but yes we're.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean you Australians love and understatement, we're not.
Speaker 4: That proud of it, not that proud of it. Prefer not to talk about.
Speaker 5: We're not that proud of it. Incredible, all right, thank you very much in cal you will all right.
Speaker 4: We got the news and sport headlines on the way to keep the calls coming this morning on great Form nine four one O four three is the number map stories, long held grudges, famous cousins. Two years ago we got Winston Churchill. We now get his opponent Hitler, Famous cousins and things.
Speaker 1: You still have Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: It's so tough, So tough? Is it over? Patsy's homeschooling ever going to be over? Will we ever see the back of them in the house all day every day Monday Friday.
Speaker 6: There is light at the end of the tunnel. What is our prayers have been answered. We now have a date for when the kids are allowed back at school. The Premier is still speaking, but he's just announced that all kids will be back in the classroom by June nine.
Speaker 2: June nine, going.
Speaker 4: To have the house to just us again.
Speaker 5: Afternoon.
Speaker 4: Delight, it's back. It was twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: This is great news.
Speaker 4: You're not winding me up.
Speaker 2: I am not the first ones.
Speaker 6: They're doing it staggered prep years one to eleven and twelve, with the first to go back on May twenty six, So just a fortnight away and the rest of the year groups will be allowed in schools two weeks after that.
Speaker 4: She remember what years my children are in?
Speaker 3: Actually, you can either promote them ahead a few years or make them redo the early classes.
Speaker 5: Thirteen and fifteen. Are there any years nine and eleven? Pats?
Speaker 3: I think they're going to wait another two weeks?
Speaker 2: Hope, No, you'll be right. Is Roubes in year eleven?
Speaker 4: No? No, they should be in fifteen?
Speaker 5: Going to be sixteen?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: Should be in year ten or nine?
Speaker 4: No, she's ten.
Speaker 2: You're bushing her up.
Speaker 4: Not a good look for me. I don't need to be saying this, and I get told off my my wife. Now this is shocking.
Speaker 3: Over the weekend, I asked Christian when he was complaining about home schooling. I said, surely there are some parents that love having their kids home all the time, and he said, if someone says that to you, they're lying.
Speaker 4: Fly, my little pretty fly, go out the nest. It has been so tough. Hello man, smile, friends, I've come to talk with you again. Oh that is good news. So all the kids are going back to school. Well there are dates again, Patsy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So the first Lance years one to eleven and twelve go back on May twenty six, so a fortnight away and then the rest of the year group.
Speaker 2: So everyone, all of them, all the.
Speaker 6: Little girls and boys and beauties will be back on June nine.
Speaker 5: Right now everywhere, Patsy, aren't they It's like.
Speaker 4: Wow wow, Whereas right now every single teacher is hell but the Gin motel down all right? Then? Great news, that is really great anyway, great news. Five to Witch Tuesday. Yes, map stories. What have you got this morning about reading maps? Jack Posts and Millennial was stunned yesterday about there. We had to consult charts at the says, melways, sid ways whereever they were, wherever you're from, maps to navigate and the course the stars for some of the older gold listeners and sextons. So map stories anything to do with map reading long held grudges? Have you got a story about a long held grudge famous cousins. If you just tuned in, we've had one with a hit the connection just before the eight o'clock news. What show can rival that on your doll of the old If you've just tuned in the ten thousand dollars scret sound hasn't gone, we can top that with if you just tuned in the Hitler connection. Malcolm Hitler is just who we heard about after before eight o'clock and.
Speaker 5: Things you still own?
Speaker 4: I found this yesterday, which is a mixed sed I made almost sixteen years ago when my daughter was a day old.
Speaker 5: I want.
Speaker 4: I went to pick her up from hospital with my wife. I don't know what the tracks on them because don't have a CD play. But what do you still on.
Speaker 1: Christian Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: This week on five to but Tuesdays, we're looking for your stories as ever, looking for stories about maps.
Speaker 5: Do you remember when before there was Google.
Speaker 4: Mapps, s Apple Maps, sat navs, we had maps, Atlases, melways. You must have stories about trying to read them, navigate going on a long road trip using maps. Long held grudges? Have you got a long held grudge famous cousins and things you still own Christian, I've still got my collection of this is from lawn. I still got my collection of four hundred Hot Wheels Cars Love Wheel. Seriously, if I was in charge of Formula one, rebuild those tracks into an actual, full sized version of Hot Wheels The Loop, the Loop figured to, then I might watch Formula one racing. A real life version of Hot Whells is what the world needs. Most of them still in their original boxes. I started collecting them four years of age, when I was just a little kid. I've still got them now, thirty six years later.
Speaker 5: Have you still play with them?
Speaker 3: Well, if they're in the original boxes, is that one of those people who doesn't want to? Are they got to stay mink condition?
Speaker 4: You can't take this is my superannuation. I sell these one day. Your your husband Chris isn't one of those. He doesn't keep them with my toys.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's got all. Yeah, he's got he has the original all of the original Star Wars figurines.
Speaker 3: That'd be worth.
Speaker 4: Seriously, when you go Abba coming around this weekend.
Speaker 2: That crack them out?
Speaker 4: Oh you wait to Benny and Forderson's the other one at the back that you know they're gonna.
Speaker 6: Still They've all still got their capes, and so nothing is missing, nothing's missing.
Speaker 2: He's got his mister t Doll. He's got not.
Speaker 3: As not as sought after as the early Star Wars.
Speaker 4: Characters, remember that character in the Star Wars Universe.
Speaker 2: And Masters of the Universe. He's still got all that as well.
Speaker 4: Really what he man and skeletal?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 6: Great, Uh No, I don't think he's got the castle. He's got all the figurines track.
Speaker 4: Can you even get back to my thanks, Jenny, want to know I love that as a kid. Anyway, all very interesting. Let's go the lines right now.
Speaker 7: Aaron, good morning, Yeah, good morning, Chris. I am what father in law used to work at the used to print the mailways, the maps and uh and every year he'd come home and you know when the new ones come out, the new editions, he'd come home and you hanged me out to all of us. So he's a map. He's a map, and you've been driving along time. And what we didn't know was it you've been driving along somewhere and you've been following the map and you go to to in the age and it's missing. The next page. So all the reach it.
Speaker 3: He's got the ones that were headed for the bin.
Speaker 7: All the ones are headed for the bin. He was bringing home time hego God, and you.
Speaker 4: Know, greats it. We're on the edge of the world.
Speaker 7: Every single time you have to go somewhere, especially for work, you go somewhere and you'll be following them.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 7: But then you go to the page ship three and every year we kept falling for the same thing. We just kept getting the same mass. I'm gonna happy when the navigation came down on the on.
Speaker 4: The that's awesome. We'll give you a hundred dollar EBO voucher. Great call, Aaron, really funny.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: All right, mate, have a good day, Amanda, Good morning, Amanda.
Speaker 4: Hi Christian, Oh yeah, yeah, go on map stories.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 12: Years ago, many years ago, when I was a teenager, my dad and I were driving from Geelong to john Cart and my dad was getting me to navigate. I am hopeless at reading melways. I've never been able to. My dad was getting frustrated with me, so I through the whole mailways out of the window on the Princess Freeway.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's the only one on the Princess Freeway and a lot of other freeways as well. They're a nightmare to navigate whilst're driving with attle kind of a navigation copard it next to you. Yes all, Amanda, Thank you very much, have a good day. Thank you still driving down there, Princess are We're looking for it now. Michael, Michael, good morning.
Speaker 13: Mine, Christian here are you going? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I'm good Michael. I hope you well this morning. Thanks for joining us. What have you got for five time Tuesday? Mate?
Speaker 13: I still have after forty eight years my very first gift I was given at school by staying the course. Who came to go there? Give a Tonga tractor?
Speaker 4: Oh I just have a little Tonka tractor. Those things are indestructible, the old Tonka toys.
Speaker 7: That's all.
Speaker 13: Looks as good as the day that I got my tweet through film.
Speaker 5: Yeah me too.
Speaker 4: I literally throwing out my bedroom window then run down, says, stamp on it, just to see if I could destruct it. I was that kid, uh and.
Speaker 5: Those things you couldn't break the Tonka.
Speaker 4: Trucks, could you?
Speaker 13: They were indestructible.
Speaker 4: This is what the Apple Corporation did you get Tonka to make those phones, then they won't break so easily.
Speaker 13: Tonka phones, they never have to replace anything, No, exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Michael, that's great, fond memories of my tont I love that.
Speaker 4: Michael. Thank you very much. You cool. Have a good day. Glenn's in line. One last call. This break we've got Glenn. He's got a famous cousin. Glenn, who's your famous cousin? This is better. We've gone from I've gone from hit there to Steve. Someone is exactly Steve Irwin. So what was Steve Irwin to the family.
Speaker 7: Oh, yeah, it was great.
Speaker 11: There were wished to go up there every school holidays and say you and work in the park.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That must have been like work with the crocodile. Yeah, yeah, that's right, feeding him, partickling him.
Speaker 5: I don't think you can trick Steve, would you know? But no, I don't think you do that. Oh that's at incredible. That's a pretty great connection, Glint. Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: I have a good day. No.
Speaker 7: Thanks.
Speaker 1: By the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Today's that on time wasay stuff. Twelfth of May Today is International Nurses Day Special day. This it's actually on the twelfth of May because it's the birthday of the founder of modern nursing, so Florence nighty gal. That's why it's the twelfth of May today.
Speaker 5: So they're asking people wherever you are, whatever time difference you're in.
Speaker 4: This is quite coolers. My mum told about it over the weekend. It was an NHS nurse for forty four years. Is to light a candle tonight, to shine a light all over the world. Are the amazing jobs at nurses and healthcare professionals are doing all over the world right now and have down throughout the years and decades as well. So oh, we're doing that.
Speaker 5: It's a nice thing to do, like a little candle.
Speaker 4: All right. Then, So how do we go from that amazing person and the sacrifice of frontline workers and nurses to this gibberish we do We celebrate with the atwot time waster for the nurses with nurse songs.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at this.
Speaker 4: It is my mom would be ashamed of me. Actually, my mom would find this funny actually all right, and so nurse songs is what we're looking for today. I see you, baby, shaking that ass. I see you.
Speaker 5: Shaking that ass. Thank you, scan you feel it scan you feel it?
Speaker 4: Silver, Tina Turner with Private Lancer, good lance that boil Private Lancer a lot of candle in here. Let's marve gay with her. Let's get it, Matron, Matron. Let's get it, Matron Silver.
Speaker 5: What you're the nurse? Try and understand it, the nurse, try and understand it.
Speaker 4: Jackie boy, what have you got there for? Nurse Songs?
Speaker 3: IV got a crush on you, Silver. My chart will go on.
Speaker 4: Bronze.
Speaker 3: I thought you didn't even want to response. I didn't even want to market.
Speaker 5: Knock on ward, Knock on ward is good.
Speaker 4: That's gold.
Speaker 3: Yes, scrubs, oh, very.
Speaker 4: Good, took a while.
Speaker 5: That's super smart. Actually gold plus high standard.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Okay, what are we doing? Oh yes, Nurse songs. That's what we're doing.
Speaker 5: Nurse songs.
Speaker 4: By the way, Jack and nine Song just watched an incredible video.
Speaker 5: We'll talk about Hot Wheels earlier.
Speaker 4: It's still highbrow Tuesday talk about Hot Winds cars, speculating why can't Formula one build like a version of Hot Wheels and have the old loop the loop with an actual I was about to say adult sized car.
Speaker 3: I thought, surely a real car has never been around a loop to loop in real life.
Speaker 4: We just you just we just watched the videot hat. Yeah, a little tiny little guy in it. It doesn't look like it builds up that much speed.
Speaker 2: Like a Preus or something doing loop to loop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looks like a poor man's Stig from Test Year driving a Toyota and he goes it's.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, tribute mansion.
Speaker 5: But he actually does it anyway to anyone. But it's tickled.
Speaker 4: It's a low attention span doing this job. Perhaps he's going to miss working with us when she's over there and start the room now Radio Today dot Com to AU Exclusive. All right, so nurse songs bed Pan of Roses, silver word on Duges of Croydon, under blood pressure.
Speaker 3: Bronze.
Speaker 4: Plas, Mamma Mia Plas, Mamma Mia gold world doned Glenn pour some deetle on me, Mark in Thornbury, Hit me with your best crutch silver My heart will go on if you don't unplug the machine, silver plus warrant.
Speaker 5: Everybody wants to rule the ward. Everyone wants to rule the ward.
Speaker 4: Very good, Ashley and Croydon. Don't cry for me, No, that's actually really rude to producer selected that jagged little take your piel three times a day, Glove me do Silver, Mamma me, I've got diarrhea, made us love the most, Come on, don't bot them down. Mamma me, I've got diarrhea. Ryands as well. Don't this ain't much better? But don't stand so Coloss to me, Coloss to me, lost to me?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Gold, very very good. How we give that one? Colostom me bag one now? But mom and me, I've got I don't know why. It's Italian. Now I'm warming to it.
Speaker 4: Funky cold Medicina, Gold, Bohemian biopsy, silver plus, take my pressure down silver, let me medicate you, Silver plus total collapse of the heart to keep it like listeners always, uh, don't go pressing that buzzer.
Speaker 5: Don't get it, bronze, I'm code blue.
Speaker 4: Song I for sixty five, that awful song two thousands, No, don't do it, terrible terrible song.
Speaker 1: Christian Hello, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: It's going on in there today.
Speaker 4: I tell you no, no, no, for once, for once. This is my mistake. Called Jackie Boys Old Magoo, the world's oldest producer, Older than Alan Jones. He actually gave birth to Alan Jones. You know we're doing the ten can a repeat work day.
Speaker 2: Brand in the head, well, someone's.
Speaker 4: About to have a grand on the hand. Because obviously the outbreaks a little bit light at the moment, we had time to plan another song, and Brad decided the fun thing to do would be play a song we've alread played.
Speaker 3: The simple copy and.
Speaker 4: It's literally did you joke? But the way it works, we're sending under their o CD players in radio station. He literally cut and pasts a song despite the station running the ten k no repeat work day, which means we now have to give away a thousand dollars. We were getting ready to pack up and say goodbye and finished today's show.
Speaker 5: We're now giving away a grand.
Speaker 3: I wish you were here for the frozen statues that we had the producing team, I.
Speaker 4: Said a producer, Brad, I'm pretty sure we've just played this song. Now they're all calling in.
Speaker 2: They know more about I think I need to come back in there and sort things out.
Speaker 5: Brad, producer Brand, what happers know? Who do we give one thousand dollars?
Speaker 4: We're not ready.
Speaker 5: I've got no production Brad what happens here. Choose a line at random, and we'll someone if they know what they need to know.
Speaker 3: Call the number three.
Speaker 5: Do you know?
Speaker 4: Do you know more than our exect producer new feature? We give away grand in the hand at the end of everyday show seepy called do you know show?
Speaker 5: Do you know?
Speaker 4: All right, let's go to line three. Tracy, Hello, Tracy.
Speaker 7: Do you know?
Speaker 6: I didn't know, and.
Speaker 7: So you just played that.
Speaker 5: I thought Tracy knows.
Speaker 9: Swiss means you win one thousand dollars. Tracy, you're the first time a winner. It really does pay just to have a listen to gold. You never know when we might just pulls it up.
Speaker 12: That's not I hadn't heard you saying coming.
Speaker 4: Up might be.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We always every time we know we're going to give it away, we make a big fuss about it. We have to talk about it.
Speaker 4: It's always on a Friday, sorry Thursday, but always towards the end of the week. Never on the second day, but being announced. Wha dear, oh dear, dear, oh.
Speaker 12: Dear, yes today, So I'm so sorry to thank you so much.
Speaker 4: That's great. What are you going to do with your thousand dollars? You've just accidentally won.
Speaker 11: Look I had got I uh got stood down and marched as a lot of people did.
Speaker 8: I have got so many bills sitting on the top of my fridge.
Speaker 5: They will be paid.
Speaker 8: So thank you, so so so much.
Speaker 4: I need that money. Thank you, so sad.
Speaker 5: That's all right, our pleasure. I'm glad you got some money this morning with our cockup.
Speaker 4: Well done.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Tell you what guys, slick us end to a radio show ever slick his end.
Speaker 4: To radio show ever tight off.
Speaker 5: The day's show was going to be Malcolm Hitler, but it's simply going to be do you know?
Speaker 4: Do you know? We're done? Bye bye.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast