Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts. You can hear more gold onhe I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Got anything Big?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: I got in the Yuba this morning. I was walking out my house to the Uber and it was like, my god, it's so warm right now at twenty degrees. Today's going to be a glorious day. It's what I moved here for this weather like this. Twenty two minutes later, I get out the same uber. It's raining, but warm rain, warm rain, and the patchy sense of here weather warning, windy, like it's going to be squarely today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, batten down the hatches.
Speaker 5: One hundred and thirty k's really severe. What's so unusual about it is that it's not just a pocket of the state.
Speaker 4: It's like the entire state. So it will start in the south northeast, southwest, southwest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that. Areer heard it? North no, south, north east west. Yes, you said it's gonna be everywhere. It's all the compass points.
Speaker 5: And then it'll move east across the rest of the state and hit Melbourne this afternoon.
Speaker 4: And how crazy is this Sydney Today.
Speaker 5: Is expecting a top of thirty nine and on track for it to be their hottest ever October day on record.
Speaker 1: It's crazy lore same, it's not the Wizard of Oz here today.
Speaker 6: I love how you described it pads as gnarly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Narli's the perfect I like what so I call it squirrely because sometimes October can be a bit like.
Speaker 7: This, Yeah, just a bit nothing.
Speaker 1: Melbourne doesn't transition easily into spring. Just when you think i'll get the weather's great, I'll put the bed sheets out, it goes. Hold my beer. Summer's not quite here, my friend. We will let you know when the good times are here. Squirrely and gnarly. That's the weather for today. Twenty one degrees and rain.
Speaker 5: There's no transition anymore, though, Like there were four definite seasons. I can remember glowing up growing up. But now it's like a wee winter. Oh now we're summer.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was a really it found like a're never ending some of this year. Yeah, yes, it went, d yes it went. But I'll tell you what. I was listening to your news this morning, guys, and the name Mike Bush leapt out at me. This to me is a one hundred percent name. This says this is news in Australia. You woudn't play there anywhere around the world that go. That must be Australia. A man is in the news called Mike Bush as in the bush. So this morning I'm obsessed with only one thing. Do you have an Ossie name?
Speaker 7: Love?
Speaker 1: You might be Amanda who, Gary Gilar? I pray we live in a world where there's a Gary Gilar or Amanda who. If you have an Aussie name, maybe you work with someone who's got Aussie name, or you known someone who has got an Aussie name, Please share it today. Four seven five three one oh four three. I just confused my own legislation number there, just fell asleep in the middle of the zero and the four and still welth I'm back in the room four seventy five three one o four three, So please let it not just be lonely old Mike Bush.
Speaker 7: I reckon, who's that guy? Patsy Gary Gary Gary Bees Beer's or Gary Gary Bears that is in excess?
Speaker 1: Yes Gary, there is Gary Gary Gary Bears. Are right, he joins Mike Bush. All right, that's two names. Keep this going, then, Ossie names.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Listen to pass News today. Mike Bush was in the news. Is peaked such an Australian name and now on the search for more Ossie names on the team. Loki has just told me there's a writer called Ossie Moore and not doubles in Ossi as in os more and more and more.
Speaker 8: We're to go at home called Peter Bush and we called him Bushy, Yeah, of course. And we had a union called Andrew Beer and we called him Bery.
Speaker 1: We reminded us in excess. The bass plays Gary Gary bears.
Speaker 7: Yes, two hours for the first Gary, one are for the second Gary. There was also Michael Beer, who was the successor to Shane Warne, who was our next leg spin bowler. I think he only lasted one or two games. But a very Aussie.
Speaker 1: Name, Christian. I went to school with a spring bird.
Speaker 4: Oh that's unusual.
Speaker 1: That's her name. Christian has an old race driver called Bob Holden. He won Bathurst. Actually you've got to keep these comings. I can't get over Assie Aussie Moore more and more Text me four seven five three one O four three. Now I went for a walk yesterday, and you start to see summer houses are making a real big Hollywood effort for Halloween. Some places really put on ahead of a show. I actually appreciate it because it takes a lot of effort, and it's one of the rare things these days where a community comes together, you know, and they wander around and I know, his kids getting tweets and all stuff like that. But it does look incredible. And then there around the places Alex where they just make a half hearted effort. Pats, do you still will you still go? Do you remember when Pats used to drive half an hour to the better suburbs.
Speaker 4: Audi was writing, and still the chocolates.
Speaker 1: Don't blame adi you want, said those limp bulls.
Speaker 5: But we had in our local area, we had two American families who got right into the spirit of it, and they were I think I remember showing you guys some photos like.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it was incredible, incrediblection.
Speaker 5: It was so lovely and it was so big that the local council got involved in organized food trucks on Halloween night for all the local families. It was so lovely, It was really nice, and the kids were excited all day at school because you know, it was Halloween trick or treat.
Speaker 4: But she's not into it now. She's like too cool, too cool for school.
Speaker 1: What do you do, Patsy, do you do anything?
Speaker 4: Not now, not from this year, but Alex's kids would be riding.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, it is on like Donkey Kong for Halloween.
Speaker 1: That's the peak audience for you know, it really is.
Speaker 8: And we've been walking around a lot lately looking at all the Halloween stuff. But one thing that's kind of got my attention is body bags.
Speaker 7: What oh like you'd like a like a dead body bag, the black zipp thing.
Speaker 8: Yes, so there's a lot of people in our neighborhood that have think it's I don't know, suitable to put upside down bodies.
Speaker 1: This is non suitable. No, I did that become a thing?
Speaker 7: Isn't it? More ghost skeletons, not like gristly murders.
Speaker 1: What's wrong where they sort of spooky cobweb? Yes, exactly, that's my level any more. I'm out which again, Yeah, that's it. A pumpkin with the eyes cut down and some lights in there.
Speaker 7: Lovely serial killer?
Speaker 1: Are we in the bronx or something? Blunts of the crips.
Speaker 6: Have my twins going to me, Dad, what's that? It's this upside down body but coveredy blood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is just too extreme. It's too extreme to say it's fat sleeping. It's a sleeping bag for a bat.
Speaker 7: A really big bat.
Speaker 1: Megabats Australian megabats probably life sized as well. That is right, that's just true. Also, why the hell did you go? You go around on the back of the Morga something to spare bags.
Speaker 7: Surely you're on a list somewhere. If you're like you should be, you.
Speaker 1: Should be to Bunnings said everything to the Bunning's bodybags looked.
Speaker 8: In the UK, apparently a few years ago a council worker actually knocked on someone's door and said, can you please take down that body bag?
Speaker 6: It's too offensive, it's too scary, really, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, many many years ago, this is about year two thousand when I was working the second breakfast over did was in Liverpool, great city Liverpool, right, But the people up there, some of them are crazy. And this was a period in my career twenty five years ago when prank calls were to go and I want someone said, oh, there's a guy down the road, who has got these crazy big Halloween things right? And can you wind him up? So I put on a very poshing shots and said I was from the Liverpool Council and he had to take them down by midday to day or face a ten thousand pound fine. This guy went berserk, just went off on one the parank call got room because I started, I broke carriage, started laughing so hard. He was screaming at me. People get crazy about Halloween, don't they. It's I was growing up. It did not exist, no Halloween. Yeah, we no nothing. I tell you what drives me nuts, though, I'm going to sound like a really boring old fight. Here's those grabby kids taking more than just one really grinds my kids.
Speaker 5: Some kids one year took our entire cauldron of sweets, the entire thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, grab grabby, grab hands. Yes, I'll tell you what I've been raised wrong. You know, normally you just take one or two. They would just screwed a whole hand in there. That Winnie poop ritten in the honeypot, scooping it out. And I'm always like, believe something for the other kids, and they're on the cusp. They're like twelve or thirty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, that's the older boys.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the older boys.
Speaker 1: The older boys getting you're not around here, go back to your own bub.
Speaker 3: The Christian o'connall Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to The Christian O'Connell Show. We're on the search this morning for ossie names. Maybe it's you, somebody in your family, somebody work with. So far we have Mike Bush, Gary Gary Bears, racing car driver from back in the day, Bob Holden, and Christian. I still work with a guy. Actually his name he changed it on his driver's line. Here was one bat.
Speaker 7: That's awesome. That is awesome.
Speaker 1: I'm here for that. I don't judge that guy. That's great. Just one bat night, beyons one bat. You know, if the police are pulling him over, he's given them an instant chuckle. Can we see a driver's license? Bloody hell?
Speaker 7: It is that your name?
Speaker 1: One back become one back? Digging holes that passport International truck.
Speaker 7: Now you know where you're getting through?
Speaker 1: No way. Now there's a room hew All around the world, Thailand, Vietnam, wherever you're going, you're being pulled aside. If they think it's a certain identity that comes with someone who changed their name to become one back.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, even if that is your real name and this is a real passport. Sorry, we don't want your kind.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, are we ready for this week's lost in translation game? Yes? Yes, okay, this is where once a week then we take big movies and obviously when they go around the world they get translated from their original title. Last week, this show actually a huge row. There was a division between me and all of you because you, guys seem to fit the movie White Chicks.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's a fantastic, brilliant.
Speaker 1: Comedy you're talking about like it got oscars or something.
Speaker 7: Did it not get oscars?
Speaker 1: Surely it did oscar on your white Chicks, But in Spanish it became two blondes with hair on their chests dirty dancing in Polish was twirling in a sexy fashion. All right, some brand news, all right? So what movie is this Spanish translation? Big big movie? Two sassy sibling.
Speaker 4: Oh, step brothers?
Speaker 1: No? No, no coloso pats two sassy siblings? Not?
Speaker 4: What was the Danny defato?
Speaker 1: And no? This is gettable? Think about a classic two siblings siblings? Yeah, it's right at the top of the Mountain parent trap. No, no, no, I'll give you a clue. Brothers the grim right there? Wide open goal too, sassy sibling, I want to kill my boss.
Speaker 7: Oh Horrible Bosses.
Speaker 1: Yes, German translation of Horrible bossuits. And here's a bit of it. You think it's a client, Finn but Salondas all right, this is a classic movie in Spanish. This dead guy is very much alive. Bernie. You want to hear a bit of that, don't you? Weekend at Bernie's Bernie, he's.
Speaker 7: Not meaning to.
Speaker 6: See wow.
Speaker 1: Though, you're just.
Speaker 3: Bernie.
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 1: What movie is this? Drinking in Vegas and now in Thailand?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the Hangover?
Speaker 1: Yes, the second one? Hangover to the Electronic Murderer electro yes, robot no good film?
Speaker 7: What's about naughty robe? Oh? Am i Terminator?
Speaker 1: Yes yes, Polish version of the Terminator was known as the Electronic Murderer. And of course you'd like to hear the Polish army poutful. I'm just not alright. One final one. Okay, this is the Japanese title of a big, big movie. I think all three of you are going to race to get this one. It's gettable. The Sea Ghost who sings yeah, what word will do? I hear some of the little Mamma in Japanese La.
Speaker 9: Say steaky this so your god Meta domoa umlankmok nasa holdah nanny by Kamono.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, we got the news headlines on the way.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Every single week, when I go to sort out a video call with my mom back home in the UK, it's the same thing eighteen calls. Somehow it hangs out when I'm like, it's time for that, are you ready now? And then she hangs up and the Nike she calls me as I'm calling her. Then we both hang up. No one knows yet what the protocol is if a call dies out, who calls back? You always do it someone us. Then you both stop and no one calls each other.
Speaker 7: I'll let them do it.
Speaker 1: Then you go again. This takes about ten minutes, and then it always begins with my mum will go galloping off, would like give me an update of what's gone on her house, which people I have never met or heard of are now very sick, very sick. That's all it is. It's the misery update. For the first ten minutes, Marie. I don't know mom, and I'm un likely to meet her. She's not very well. She's lost her hearing. It's like literally just bad local news. Anyway, I'm going straight away, I'm messing going. I can't hear you. We have this every single week, right, It's so stressful, and I keep saying, so I can't control your volume at my end, why would it work like that for anyone with any phone call? Would be chaos around the world. Anyway, we finally resolve this. She has to get her partner not boyfriend, who is her friend who she's been living with for a long time, called Bob. Bob comes and sorts it out. Then he disappears persistent. Yeah, but kid's character. But Bob anyway, finally gets speaking to and goes, what's the problem. This time she goes, well, actually, what it is is, I've got this new phone and it doesn't have a volume. I said, all all phones have a volume, buton what do you mean? She's it's it's a standard. I can't. I can barely hear you right now. Can you hear me? We're going backwards them, I can you hear you because I'm controlling the volume then it's not why would anyone release a phone now with no volume?
Speaker 7: They're not doing anymore.
Speaker 1: No, they're not doing it. I said, let's try and find it together. Now, okay, guess what. Within texas seconds we found the volume button. I've tucked it away. This is what I do now more turnedoge. Everything's hidden away.
Speaker 7: It's all hidden, is there kryptonite? My mom's always like way too close to the phone, like as though you have to yell into it to make it all the way from Sydney to Melbourne. And I'm always like right one inch from her face.
Speaker 1: Then then once we do have audio and sound, it's like it's just a toppy head again, Mum. Every week this is so stretched. I get it's just a top of your head. You need to sure you can see on the screen. And then I'm talking to her forehead right. Well, she goes back into the misery. Update, did you get a bit about Marie? No? No, no, but don't worry about it, mum, And then she goes, you're very small this week on my screen again.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 1: I haven't shrunk at Yes, Sadly Australias in the midst of a shrinking epidemic. It was COVID coup of years ago. They're locking the city down again. We're all shrinking. There's time next week. You're going to need a magnifying glass to see me.
Speaker 7: On the screen.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we managed to. We have to get it all going so I could go around the suburb of who's not doing.
Speaker 4: Go around the ground.
Speaker 1: My mum is a hypercontract right, she was since I was a kid. She's a nurse, so I think they know too much. Okay, she's been imminent, ready for death for about sixty years. And now though she had she has a pacemaker. She'll have a pacemaker fit two years ago. And I thought this would calm I down, because surely, with my thinking was surely with a pacemaker, now she's safer than me. Yes, yeah, there's hard technology now in her heart sorting out three or four times a week. She caused the twenty four hour helpline just check. And the modem that she has next to her bed, it's working. It doesn't be quite an upgrade. She's now on first name base with SO. And he just goes, oh yeah, yeah, that that Jenny again. Yeah yeah, now no, no, no, The machines absolutely volume on. I keep even though it is frustrating dealing with our parents and like modern technology, and that you're thinking about what you know, Lilian last week maybe actually came in last Wednesday. The show is one hundred and what she's lived through. I'm wondering what my kids to be. What's thirty years down the line, we don't even know.
Speaker 7: Right now, you'll be fumbling around with the Holograine.
Speaker 1: It'll be the hologround, Dad, Dad, you're materializing in our front room again, de materialize that. I can't. Oh my god, I'm stuck in between the con two fields.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian, have you youtubed Wizard of Oz synchronized with Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon album? Yes?
Speaker 10: I have.
Speaker 1: Oh it's a really really trippy experience. Just the music matches the movie. The album I think starts when there's like the third roar of the movie. It's called Dark Side of the Rainbow. It's a really incredible experience. Yeah, very cool, Christian. And this this is another text here, Christian. Interesting fact about the Wizard of Oz. By the way, for everybody's just tuned in right now, Bloody, what's we be doing this sort an hour of gear about the Wizard of Oz es actually yeah, and gone with the wind. We know our demo. Just good songs, just good topics, just good radio gold. Interesting fact about the Wizard of Oz. It's a scene where they are going through the fields and the good Witch cast a spell to weight them up and it starts to snow. The snow is actually asbestos. I mean different time. I did not know this. It was commonly used in movie making then for snow during that time period. I know one of they, all the actors and act that time went Cray.
Speaker 7: Cray working with poisoned by the box.
Speaker 1: Don't like kitching it as well. True this person who said that she didn't put your name on it, but signs off with asbestos removalist. Fact of the.
Speaker 7: Day, I wait for tomorrow.
Speaker 1: All rights, everybody welcome. Extreme opinions. What hell are you prepared to die on? We are not talking politics. It's bigger than politics, extreme opinions. Watermelon is just crunchy fruits. Stop pretending it's fruits.
Speaker 7: And grow up favorite fruit.
Speaker 1: Extreme opinions. It's just crunchy water.
Speaker 7: It's refreshing. It is the fruit of summer.
Speaker 1: Why are you having it now it's not summer. You're right, but I've never seen you chomp it into water.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't have one first thing in the morning. You're on the refreshed in the middle of a hot day. You've just played backyard cricket. What I want is a crunchy.
Speaker 1: This is what you're gonna lose the ashes. I'll wait and see extreme opinion already.
Speaker 7: We'll give the oddiest watermelon. We'll give them whatever.
Speaker 1: Oranges, good old oranges. We have another extreme opinion. People who say let's circle back should be fired immediately. Let's take this. And there's a team member that does this quite a bit. You know who you are working from home right now in Turkey. We ain't circling back to anything, my friend.
Speaker 6: Ever, there's another one raising up the flag pole. I just want to put this up the flag Yes?
Speaker 1: Whose guy thinking?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: Who'se go thinking? Get outs? People who stand up as soon as the plane lands are monsters and should be banned from flying for ten years.
Speaker 7: I am very militant about this. If I'm in a row and someone is behind me trying to move forward throughout the aisle, I will do everything in my power to block.
Speaker 1: You shall not pass into staff. Those are my extreme opinions. That are the heels. I'm ready to die and we're not circling back. Watermelon is crunchy water and sit down. The planes landed. You're an adult at like one rio. What have you got extreme opinions?
Speaker 7: You should never ever question your footy coach's decision making.
Speaker 1: What they know. They don't know so much more than you. Level three know way more about the best attacking mints.
Speaker 7: More thousands of hours, They have millions of data points, they have a whole team, and you sitting in your car, think you know more than them. No, you think you know who should be selected?
Speaker 1: Yes you don't. No, no, no, I know just as much as goody. I should be running the d's from my couch.
Speaker 7: I assisted at.
Speaker 1: Least I disagree. That's contentious. I know that's fighting talk.
Speaker 7: Every selections post on the Swan says always should have picked these bloke, should have picked this.
Speaker 4: Can't believe mate, You don't know, You don't know anything.
Speaker 1: The best people are running those clubs. Yes they know they're not. Yes, fired after thirty nine days?
Speaker 4: When was your last premiership?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And also not being funny you choake, you choked.
Speaker 7: What's that good to do with it?
Speaker 1: That's because she coachesbish.
Speaker 7: If I picked the team, he would have gone even worse. No way to trust that.
Speaker 1: You don't know that?
Speaker 7: Yes, yes I do.
Speaker 1: I reckon for all fans, they should do a lottery and for one should be called the fan round one. What a great price there, one lucky fan is allowed to be the super coach and actually pick the team. Okay, right, you don't. You don't step away. You let the pros do all the during the game, But you picked the team to take a training session.
Speaker 7: I would love to watch that.
Speaker 1: A couple of fellow a few fellows plays Patty is to be. It's just spumped into producer Kating by the way, and I said, well you off to. I'm just going to go and have a world of pants to make sure she understands what you mean.
Speaker 7: The tone of extreme opinions, not extreme opinion.
Speaker 1: Pom should be sent back. Some offense. Some offense meant I've only.
Speaker 5: Got one, all right, I've only got one of that is a microwave has no role to play in making a cup of tea or coffee.
Speaker 1: I agree, my wife, does this really a cup of tea in there is fast, it's disgust. Put it in the air.
Speaker 4: Fry it's mile your hair fryer.
Speaker 5: Extreme opinion needs to be a kettle boil that sucker.
Speaker 4: Do not put it in a microwave. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: It's lazy. And also tell you what it does it It gives it a funny sort of skimming surface to it. Things with skin on the top. Extreme opinions, Alex, what have you got?
Speaker 6: A man of mine served the kids cold baked beans.
Speaker 1: No cold bag beans.
Speaker 6: You warm up the bake bean't.
Speaker 1: Razing savages.
Speaker 7: Actually I have to ask. I eat bacon raw? Does anyone else do that?
Speaker 1: I'll just die. No, it's get your prepares in order to go and find a priest to give you a last rise, which mean raw, So off the pig.
Speaker 7: I'll just get like, I'll buy a packet of bacon and then I just eat it raw. I don't always cook it, but.
Speaker 1: You can't do that.
Speaker 7: You can, it's from it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest. This is too extreme opinion. You don't do that.
Speaker 7: Tell me you no idea because I didn't realize it was weird until I started living with My partner was like, what are you doing? That's I'm just snacking on some bacon.
Speaker 1: So you buy the bacon out the fridge, right, what has to be kept? And you think you just open up and eat it raw.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I won't eat the fatty bits, but I'll eat the main.
Speaker 4: Like the Russia crazy, even if it's fresh.
Speaker 7: Like it's just like salty ham. It's actually.
Speaker 1: But I have asked it Stream Opinions, it's living up just belly. I'll say that today ALRIGHTXTS Extreme Opillions.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian I lost six k eating nothing but bacon for a week.
Speaker 7: Oh as in like, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think the problem here is whether it was heated or raw. It's the fact that someone lost six k. Where did they? I mean, there's so many fans aren't there about how to lose weight, the primal diet keto. You know, it's like, I've never heard of the bacon diet me neither.
Speaker 7: That's delicious?
Speaker 1: It does? Who does another BLT? Now we are studying a new feature called Extreme Opinions, and it's really off to a huge start with telling us to each raw bacon and I've never had an issue with it, but it doesn't sound right or safe.
Speaker 7: Now, that's a good point. I did look it up. All the answers on Google and the internet. The health authorities they do say you probably shouldn't do it.
Speaker 1: WHI should be listening to the health authorities.
Speaker 7: I had no idea. I've always seen it my whole life.
Speaker 1: Christian, I'm with Rio. This is Cassie. Raw bacon is delicious.
Speaker 7: It's really good.
Speaker 1: And Cassie goes on to say, obviously you've got to choose the ripe bacon, not the cheap stuff.
Speaker 8: Yes, Maria's defense, My father would sometimes eat raw sausage.
Speaker 1: Those raw cheese cran skies. I'll have okay, yeah, but I think that's there's smoked.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you mean like ready kind of like any kind of sausage you would when the pink so yeah, pinkas sausage.
Speaker 1: Means oh my.
Speaker 4: Stick to the roof of your mouth.
Speaker 1: What are you doing? Christian, I'm with the Rio. It smoked me. I don't. I don't sure it's not yet meat, Christian, Marie was the only one. My savager brother also eats bacon. He came just like ham. That's what it's the same. Merchant also likes to eat tomato like it's an apple. Oh yeah, it's salt the image of me today, Connor.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 1: So generally speaking, it's not a great idea to eat bacon. Raw bacon is cure, but it's not cooked, so it can still harbor bacteria or parasites that cooking would normally kill off. If you want to be safe, it's always best to cooking until it's nice and crispy. Michael has sent me that from chat GPT. Christian, I tell you what's an extreme opinion of mine. People who use the word guestimate should have dictionaries thrown at them. You either guess or estimate. There's no combining.
Speaker 7: What's the difference?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Ps. Raw bacon is delicious. Hey, Christian, I'm the only one who really just sort of hit heaved out loud, staring at my radio when Rio said he ate raw bacon. Where's the bucket and where is the nearest hospital? Goodbye? Rio, Christian. Android users have got severe issues and the professional help.
Speaker 7: I agree.
Speaker 1: We're psychos psychos in hiding. No, why would you bother?
Speaker 7: It's a bit cheaper, it's cheap and it's the same product.
Speaker 1: No. No, every time I send a message to an Android user and you don't light up blue.
Speaker 7: It is infuriating because every time you guys send some yugot on some special eye message group, yes, and we're left out in the dial up gangs.
Speaker 1: Flat earthers, Christian extreme opinion. Tea is just dirty water? How could you say that?
Speaker 4: Not a nice cup of twine?
Speaker 1: The greatest gifts in the world. I'm enjoying my Irish tea right now, the Cup of the morning. It's actually number seven of farries. This is what powers to show my friend love this stuff. Sue the Boss has so an extreme opinion about champagne. Ah, she said, it's just overpriced fizzy dry white wine. No way, it's made by Benedictine monks.
Speaker 4: She hasn't had a good one, christ.
Speaker 1: Century, Perhaps he should put a ps and if anyone says you just haven't had a good one, Sue the Boss has.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 5: She also texted me before saying that she's currently drinking tea made in the microwave and loving it.
Speaker 1: Oh no, get help, Sue, She's rocking in an Android phone. All right, that's the end of this week's edition of Extreme Opinions.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian Extreme Opinions. I felt that we were being sledged. Are Samsung users. I could just point out that everything that Apple brings out Samsung has already brought out five years pre. No one cares. Nerd stick to your monkey phone, Christian, you need to hold an intervention for Sue the Boss and not liking Champagne. Hey, listen, you don't hold an intervention with Sue. She holds an intervention for you. She is a non stop, twenty four hour human intervention. By the way, I told you this right. I was in this big meeting last week at a publishing company. There must have been fourteen people there. At the end of this meeting, the publishing director goes any questions from anybody here. Someone pipes up and goes, is Sue the Boss real? And this meeting was nothing to do with this radio show. It was about a book. I went what looks around, like, what's happening?
Speaker 7: When to tell?
Speaker 1: So she's become mythic, she's a chief peak. Sooner is she real?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 7: She's real real, and she's.
Speaker 1: About to get real on the callers that were texting bad things about her. Christian, don't worry about t being dirty water. That's Guinness for me. It's dirty water and hanging on. I love Guinness. Is my winter beer. I switch mode. Beautiful stuff, velvet. Yeah, Christian extreme opinion. Porridge is over rates, not real food.
Speaker 7: Agreed, it's true.
Speaker 1: True, is it is?
Speaker 11: It is?
Speaker 1: It is baby and this You can't say that you eat raw bacon, could they? Because they don't know different, you know different. This bed keeps probably playing trunk. There we go, all right, yesterday we launched the Australia's broken one hundred. What is broken around this country? We are now day twenty, guys, day twenty. This radio station door broken open store, it's been gaffe tapes open. They're waiting for a part, a nine dollar apart from Germany.
Speaker 7: Give ussel bloody part, your gymen.
Speaker 1: It's not just that.
Speaker 6: Peace.
Speaker 1: Don't start war. How those out there right now and the smooth things over with the Yanks. It's gonna have to get that jentimis to over to Hamburg. Don't start the Third World War about a door. These days are with all these kind of high tech printers, they can print off a liver or a lung. Can I just get one of the trobe One of these universities has got one of these special printers to print off the small part for our radio station door.
Speaker 7: Those things would be more everywhere.
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 7: Fine, now talk to be game.
Speaker 1: So what they do with German doors? What's wrong with our good Aussie door? Bring up Kimmy's dad. You love a door we can borrow crim saves this front door here? Well, that's right. The god ff door's been broken, Patsy's grill ducted, heater system broken, Patsy's voice broken. It is today the docklands will my will to live? Oh? I always have the show team come on. It's bad enough with the old mate's possum story. This name. I got an angry email from someone complaining about saying it was me that did it. My friend. Here's his email address taken up with the main man. Handle that one onto you. Linda's Venetian lines, Sharon's like covering the driver's side door, the element in Nicole's oven, and he sed Chiny's front door, and Heath's Undy's some brand new entries to the broken one hundred. Natalie, her daughter's doorknob on a bedroom door. The best part is cushion. When she slams the door and a teenage fit of rage, the doorknob falls off, so she's stuck in her room until we dean she can come out. Rachel, my toilet door has been stuck open for over a year. That's unfortunate. You do. You don't want that cave door open when leam. My TV only turns on when you reach around the back and turn it on there. It's been like this for five years. A reach around with a TV, Christina, our back El Fresco's sliding door is broken after dog ran straight through the fly screen. We can't get it back in place. Those things are a nightmare. The window once to the worst, Danielle. The handle of my favorite spreading knife.
Speaker 4: It's a spreading knife, like a button knife, but.
Speaker 1: He has like an ornate handle. I aspire being someone who has a spreading knife. The handle of my favorite spreading knife has been broken for fifteen years. First one problems.
Speaker 7: Fifteen years is got to be the longest so far.
Speaker 1: Yes, we've had no hot order worked for two years. Christian. I'm a broken tupperware lid that has to be duct taped together. I just I don't want to get replaced it. I just really love that. Can you get an emotional attachment to tupper work?
Speaker 4: They'll replace it for free.
Speaker 1: To Jim, I'm a plumber and our basin waste has been leaking for the producers. Didn't really didn't read this.
Speaker 10: On the other.
Speaker 1: The sooner AI replaces some of these moundies, these la boo boo dolls. I've got producing a shower out there.
Speaker 7: You just learn about.
Speaker 1: I s a news alert, right And I said to Tina, producer about these doors. She goes collect them. They're crying ones, grown up. They were the fortune.
Speaker 7: I've never heard of them.
Speaker 1: You've got some.
Speaker 7: I don't have any, No, don't all right?
Speaker 1: What else is broken? For our broken one hundred.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Now you probably sat staring at the radio, open mouth right now, going bloody hell. Just leave me here. Christian halfway through a text message from Joe the plumber about his sinc basin being broken, and suddenly there's no more information. Sandy let down by the humanoids. Tina the producer has now found uncovered the rest of the ancient sea scrolls. The legend of Joe the Plumber. Tina, Hello, I'm so sorry, Joe. How many little boobobo do holes you got?
Speaker 12: I have no La Booboo dolls, but I have little Powerpuff popped mark things.
Speaker 1: Yeah. How many of those you got? Three? Oh? Wow? Quite the collection. There's probably some museums listing around straight that might want to contact you for a loan.
Speaker 5: What's the difference between a La Booboo doll and these powder puff thingies?
Speaker 4: You've got the Powerpuff buns. Cry, That's all I know.
Speaker 7: It's a whole other world. It's so important to me.
Speaker 1: And our team at Joe the Plumber the b boodles aside for now, Joe the Plumber up into a sink basin.
Speaker 12: So his text was I'm a plumber and our basin waste has been leaking into the cupboard since we bought a cigar.
Speaker 1: Into the cupboard, and he's a plumber. Yep, Get the monkey wrench out, mate, as soon as you get back home today, get that monkey wrench out. God else has broken Christian By the way, I can't stop thinking about the broken door. If you're building twenty days, that's all right, CAF. I don't worry. We're okay. Surely at brand new door would be the same price as this gold plated part that you wait for from Germany of nine hundred dollars. Go and have a confaced at marketplace for a pre tough one or one from a reno. Even great to have a random front door there. Yes, you know a number fifty two. We're not even at number fifty two. Christian broken one hundred our top loader washing machine and it blew off when moving house twenty years ago, nearly killed the driver behind. It's on the back of a truck. We keep jamming a knife in the switch with the liddies closed. Daniel in first grade, No, that's worse than eating raw bacon. Can't we chat champ him? Please don't do that. Kids listening, do not do that, Christian. This is a great one from for four years. My mum and dad have an oven that won't off, so whenever they want to turn off they have to gout sight of the meter box and take the fuse out. If I didn't read the rest of this, if you do, have to read out Tony's mine last name.
Speaker 7: Oh what are we going to do?
Speaker 1: Christian? My three D printer is broken. If only had a three D printer to make replacement bar for it. It's a chicken and egg Margaret christ and I got a broken dishwasher for twenty years. Can't we bother take it out? So we use it as a bench top in the kitchen and often cut and prepare dinner on it. Christian Heat has been our service of fifteen years. Oh no, we got the money together to fix it six years ago and the only lasted less than one season. We decided to go without and now just were hoodies all right? Yeah, we got the latest news and sport on the way and then we stretched into what are the odds? Every week on Wednesday. We love hearing your story is coincidence and chances what it's all about. If you've got one. We still haven't given away one thousand dollars yet this week for our Instant Call of the Week, it could be your story for what are the Odds?
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's show for the Royal Melbourne Hospital Home Lottery. The time for this week's what are the Odds lines are up and now thirteen fifty five twenty two.
Speaker 7: Believe it or not, What are the odds?
Speaker 1: You gotta be justhing me.
Speaker 7: Like we were you with Cheryl who married a Hun, who works with Cheryl who married a Hunt as well.
Speaker 1: Next week, to What Are the Odds is dedicated to the lovering memory of a friend of this show, Mark Davidson, beloved husband to Vicki and legendary dad to Stacy, Grant Scott and Bronwin.
Speaker 13: Ninety eight pay for our airport? Help this guy with long silky hair carry some shoes to a car ended up being no other than Jimmy.
Speaker 2: Chu, What are the odds? My father in law, my mother in law, and myself all hitting holes in runn goals on the exact same hole.
Speaker 13: On the weekend, I was reading my Richard Hammondbaugh and I was at the section where he's getting the call from top Gy that he's got the job. My actual mobile phone rang and I went, Ah, this is crazy. Go and tell my partner and show her the book. She starts, it's really got to the part where it says the phone rings. My phone ring is again.
Speaker 1: What are the odds? We kick off with Carol Cushing. My name's Carol Boys relevance to be shown later in this email, just flagging it up right now. Team. About eighteen years ago, work colleague and husband traveled to New York. Wandering down the main street. They came across an illuminated sign hanging from an underneath a veranda, four Carol Boys. The odds don't stop there. I haven't really started yet. In the background, what's a shot front window stating Morrison's Restaurants. Ooh, my maiden name. You guessed it, Morrison? I did, of us did earlier this year I was cutting through an arcade in Aubury and they were resting agents for Carol Boys. Yeah, what are the odds? Yeah? What are where are the odds? Carol Boys?
Speaker 7: I guess some people have the same name Christian.
Speaker 1: What are they? Old? What are they? Pats didn't tell you something I think is quite Oh boy, what you're getting in the way Christians? Want to tell you something I think is quite odd as well as rare. My birthday is fourteenth of the June. Oh no, it's not a birthday one, is it? My oldest grandson I am the maternal grandmother too, and also his fraternal grandmother's birthday is fourteenth of June. To top it off, I'm the great grandmother to his son, whose maternal grandmother birthday is fourteenth of June. So add them all up. Two great grandmothers and a grandmother all were the same birthday. All three of us are different years of birth. What are the odds? That's pretty good. That's more like it, Pato, All right, let's go into the lines. Danielle, welcome to what are the odds? Sorry, Oh, don't blame the tech. I don't blame the tech. I got it. I got it. Sorry, Yeah, there blusing too much raw bacon and Danielle. Good morning, Oh, good morning, Good morning, Danielle. Okay, what are they onds?
Speaker 2: Okay, So earlier this year, I walked my dog down the beach every morning in Mount Eliza, coming home from the beach quite early, and I had to drive around this thing on the road, went back to pick it up so no one else ruined their car on it. It was a Trady radio or Makita big block radio that they take on site. There was no name, no phone number, anything on it. There's no way I could find who have belonged to. And my son's actually study year eleven doing a tastetyle.
Speaker 11: Carpentry course.
Speaker 2: At school, So I thought I'll go find a battery for it at a tool shop, so and then he could have it. I didn't get around to doing that for a couple of days. I end up going to Total Tools in Mornington, and as I was there at the counter and the guys were helping me match up, which redated this tradesman's walked through the door and gone, that's my radio. And everyone just looked at him and looked at me like you're gonna believe him or not? And he goes, dear the blue paint.
Speaker 1: We got the trading odds, the whole sub credit agree for trade odds.
Speaker 2: We yeah, he proves it by matching.
Speaker 7: The paint er.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, get feed light out? Yes, like a modern Cinderella story. Is the trading radio fits? It's yours all right, Danielle, Thank you very much. Did you just cut off like that brutally?
Speaker 7: I thought you was done?
Speaker 1: You shoulf way through it for some batteries in Danielle, No Christian news. It's on, Monica. What are the odds? My partner and I just purchased our first house this week. Hey, congratulations Monica. Uh. And the real estate agent asked us would we like to meet the previous owner? My partner I said yes, we would. We went to see the house and met the previous owner. The previous owner is going to be our neighbor. She married the neighbor. Oh, now that's a separate What are the odds? She's a lovely old lady and she sends me photos of a cat. What are the odds about the cat photos? What are the odds that you marry your neighbor?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: They like chatting to each other over the fence one day and got mind seeing what the rest of you looks like? Yeah, what's underneath that head? A great pickup line, one of the ald time greats. Hey it worked. Old Nana is now married. Probably old grandpa next door? Anyway, What are the elderly odds? Thirteen fifty five twenty two? Would take your calls?
Speaker 3: Next The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian, What are the odds? This one actually gave me goosebumps? This is good, Christian, one of the odds. Last Thursday was my daughter's year twelve graduation mass. My wife and I sat down in church next to another couple. I asked a woman who she had graduation today, she told me, and she asked who I had graduating. I told them my daughter's name and my surname. Obviously we miss. The lady goes, do you know what Carly? We miss. I leant back and said, she sat next to me. That's my wife. The woman said, Carl, you're my Duela. You help me deliver my daughter, which was seventeen years before. That daughter that she delivered as a baby, now on stage.
Speaker 7: And now she sees her.
Speaker 1: That is an incredible wing reunite in that moment, Nathan Ballarat, beautiful story, Christian. One of the odds. My sister and I were pregnant at the same time. She was booked in for a C section. I was planning for a natural birth. My sister went to labor, so did I the same day, at the same time, twenty seventh of June twenty thirteen. We now call our boys the twin cousins. What are the odds? Christian? I saw the Vienna Boys choir singing Christmas songs. That's right, they were Carol boys. That is enough Carol Boys for today. Sally, welcome to the show. Good morning, all right, Sally, what's your What are the odds for us mate.
Speaker 11: So we were at a Irish pub in Melbourne and some friends of ours are talking to this young fellow who had just got off a plane, and they came and said to us, can you please come and interpret for us because we can't understand a word he's saying.
Speaker 12: So iris very he had a very big Gorish.
Speaker 11: Accent, and so.
Speaker 7: I have no idea what he's saying.
Speaker 1: It was like it from.
Speaker 11: So we said okay. So we came and went and started to chat to this young doon and said welcome to Melbourne and got chatting and they we said, whereabouts in Ireland you're from? And he said donny Gall And we said, oh really, whereabouts in donny Gall? And he said, oh, you wouldn't know what. It's right up the right up the very top. You wouldn't have the idea where. Just just just tell us where where? What's the town? And you told us and we said, so do you know else this person? And he said I leave next door?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, where right? What are the Donne Odds? Oh yeah, I love this stuff. Sally, thank you very much the story.
Speaker 11: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Have a great day, Gal, good morning, Hello Christian, gotcha, gotcha girl, please be good. Hey Gil, welcome to what are the odds?
Speaker 10: Oh, thank you, Christian. I've just switched over to your station, and I'm loving it.
Speaker 1: Brilliant. Where have you come from?
Speaker 10: I'd rather not say one of those raceage stations.
Speaker 1: Of course, you trade radio.
Speaker 11: That's it.
Speaker 10: That's it. So my story is I was doing deliveries one day, and I'm an exceptional delivery driver. If I do say so myself.
Speaker 1: I can just tell by your voice that you are someone that nails a delivery system. Bang bang bang bang bang.
Speaker 10: Yes. So anyway, they send me to a floris to pick up some flowers, and I thought, oh, brilliant. Love giving flowers because people are happy to see me. So I go into this shop. I say to the young girl, I'm here to get a flower delivery. So okay. So she gives me the flowers and I said, I need your first name just to put on my book. So she tells me her name and I said, oh, that's such an unusual name. I said, a friend of mine's daughter's got the same name. She said, oh, how does she spell it? I said, I've never met her daughter. I haven't seen my friend in forty years. She moved to Perth. She said, I'm from Perth and I looked at this young girl and I said, and your mother's name is and I said my friend's name and it was her daughter. What.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: And then when I said because, she said, oh, what's your name? And I said my first name. She knew instantly who I was and she said, oh, can I give you a hug? I said, well, I'll be offended if you don't. So she ran around the can I did, ring her for her mother.
Speaker 1: Nice story.
Speaker 10: Then I caught up with her mother. We've been on Facebook chatting, but yeah, I'd never met I hadn't seen her mother in forty years, so we called up too.
Speaker 1: That's an incredible story at that moment, she's in there, you're there and the flowers, Yes it is, yeah, yes, the panthers of course. Gil a great story. Thank you very much for giving our show a go as well. It's lovely to have you with us in the morning.
Speaker 10: Okay, you're most welcome.
Speaker 1: Thanks you have a lovely day. Keep bon nailing those deliveries.
Speaker 7: Girl, I will thank you.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 1: I add a real live what are the odds yesterday and do you go and do a quick shop and it's like half thought, you know, it's just tired, and you're like, yours is nothing for dinner? You gotta go out. You're just hanging in there hungry. I'm irritated the case. So I just turn around there and a spinets, a packet of these kind of crisps I like at the moment, by the good crisp company, no nassies in there. Tastes great. They do a sour cream thing. So I'm thinking, that's my gift for doing this. I won't have it at home, but don't you tell me all for eaching before my da I'll have it in the car and the car park, yes, like a champion. Anyway, I get into my car, I'm opening up my gift for being the shopper. Suddenly I think it's a better look around. Okay, someone just sees me just shoveling these into my face. It's not a good look. I look over the car next to me. It's a na good looking dad right owning up a Crisps multi pack. You know, obviously getting some kids with the school lunches doing the same as me. Starts chomping. I wave, I wave my tube in the air at him. He looks over me, confused, think there's something wrong with the cart, and then just goes, oh, daddy, we're both hiding from our wives like two cowards in the car bar. Yes, we were both smiling each other, bonded forever, brothers till the day we die with this unique moment.
Speaker 7: He knew you knew?
Speaker 1: Yes? Does anyone else do that? Shoveling someone down in a car park? I'm glad I'm not the only one. It's such a little cheeky gift.
Speaker 6: Isn't this kit Cats for mine?
Speaker 1: Oh? God? I love a kit Cat all right? Time waits to guess. Today we're looking for your TV show bands MTV shutting down?
Speaker 7: Didn't know? Yes, I actually didn't.
Speaker 1: But do you remember when it used to rule the world. MTV was the thing. Everything was about the videos and MTV. Do you remember the VJs, the actual presenters? Yeah? Yeah, anyway, TV show bands, Mad Men at Work, Still a Plus, Vanilla Ice, Road Truckers, Grit Show, Goal, Mumford and Sons of Anarchy, Silver, Zizy top Gear, Gold Boys, Two and a Half Men Boys two and a Half Men, and silver and system of a Downton Abbey. Very different take on it. Maybe they're like moving into the after all right, Rio, what have.
Speaker 7: You got Donna Summer Heights High.
Speaker 1: Oh very good. That is classy gold, the.
Speaker 7: Biggie Bang theory.
Speaker 1: It's good to swell silver.
Speaker 7: There's a rapper in the White House. It's Kanye west.
Speaker 1: Wing, Oh very good.
Speaker 7: Gold and Doctor Hooper stink.
Speaker 1: Oh my word, wow, top of Donegal whel for that gold. All right for the best sent show today, We've got a Village Cinema's Gold Class Family pass to go and see my film of the Year, The Big Newbrook Springsteen movie, Springsteen Deliver Me from Nowhere. That's your TV show bands. Text me now for seven three one O four three.
Speaker 3: The Christian o'connall show podcast.
Speaker 1: Today's time waster. We're looking for your TV show bands for the best in show. Awesome prize, family past four of you Villisinma's Gold Class. Go and see Springsteen Deliver Me from Nowhere. Cannot recommend it enough? All right? TV show bands? What about Split Friends? Very good, goal, strong Start, Alexander Mooney, guns and Roseanne Silas. How do these listens up? All like a headline? Just leave that one man the Flintstone Temple Pilots Silver Edwyn. The price is right, said Fred Goal. That's very good. Was that Sonya Fim and Sam Smith Bronze around the Twisted Sister Gol. That's very good. Nicholas, well done, purek and Mindy that is superior. Kerry Charles, that's outstanding. Mis A big band theory, Syer Puss, Lincoln Parks and Wreck but unjust Fleetwood mcguiver, Queer Eye for the straight guy, Sebastian from Mark, Bruce, Springsteen and the Sesame Street Silver, Home and Tat, not Home and Away. So that's very good. Listen, that's great. The Golden Grillas, Siler Puss, Onto, Rage against the Machine, Bronze Tiger Kings of Leon, Shout out to the Tiger King. Carol Baskins in the House Rio who is best in show?
Speaker 7: Kerry Byork and Mindy You're.
Speaker 1: Commined, very good one and Kerry you're the winner. Enjoys Springsteen the movie. We're back tomorrow. Have a great day.
Speaker 3: The Christian o'connall Show Podcast