Speaker 1: Radio. You know, we like to play the weird shit we hear on radio between the host and caller. So today we're talking about the good old radio quiz okay.
Speaker 2: Which I do on my show, A quiz on radio. If you're not in the industry, because we are in radio, it is it's just.
Speaker 1: Man's blaying quizzes to people who aren't in radio. We know a quiz is.
Speaker 2: No, but every radio show does a quiz. Jones and to man to do a quiz, don't seven mag seven. I do the last quiz of the.
Speaker 1: Day, and sometimes they make it hard because there's a lot of money on the line, are a big prize, but sometimes they're super easy because it's like the prize is nothing major.
Speaker 3: Right, correct, correct?
Speaker 1: But I think you'll find even easy quizzes people stuff up. Okay, So first I'm going to show you on my face. This happened on two C eight, you know, the old people music station.
Speaker 4: In Sydney, Love it It.
Speaker 1: This caller was trying to win. I think it was a CD nothing major, and they clearly had no one else lined up because he really persisted with this one woman who got stuck on a very simple question.
Speaker 5: Here he's twenty minutes plus five o'clock in these two c h Ian Rogerson here with you on a very sunny Tuesday afternoon, and Jane Trupman joins us, how are you, Gene.
Speaker 1: I'm very well, Thank you, low Jane.
Speaker 5: I want to give you some CDs and all I need to do is for you to answer a question that's going to be, of course, in the thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Minute tomorrow morning.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: Which is the nearest star to Earth? Now?
Speaker 1: Now just interrupting for is that you guys know the answer? The nearest star to Earth?
Speaker 3: He is the Sun.
Speaker 1: There we go, okay. I was just making sure that it was obvious to everyone. It's the Sun. It's the one you can freaking see all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's just the biggest thing.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't obvious, Jean.
Speaker 4: Now think about it, Jane. Which is the nearest star to Earth?
Speaker 2: The Moon?
Speaker 4: A star, star star? Think about it. It's it's up there.
Speaker 3: I can see it right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, what are you thinking to be?
Speaker 5: It's it's it's very warm that star that's keeping us warm at the moment, Jean.
Speaker 4: Not a star, not a planet. We're looking at it right now.
Speaker 5: It rise, it rises, in the morning and sets in the evening.
Speaker 1: Are the evening Star.
Speaker 4: No, we're not going to get to give up the sun.
Speaker 6: Oh there you are tonight.
Speaker 4: You have genius, certainly have. I'm going to send you a CD.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Okay, have a great har.
Speaker 3: You should get surprised for getting it wrong.
Speaker 1: I know she's still got the prize even though she said the moon the evening the evening Star just made that up.
Speaker 3: Hold.
Speaker 2: But you know what, when you're on air, when you're live, the pressure is different. You freaking out as in the caller, not as the host. The callers freak out like there's no tomorrow. The amount of callers I get, they get staged, right. They're great off the air when I'm prepping them and are you ready for the Queens? Oh, they're pumped, but you can get them on air? Oh my god, they crumble.
Speaker 1: What happens do they? Is it just the knowledge that it's live and the stage. Whatever they say.
Speaker 3: Is to wear.
Speaker 2: Also, they're talking to the host, not as much with me, but when you have Kyle Jackie oh, or you're talking to a Jones in Amanda or a big table or Mitch and Mitch they go to peace, they just melt. I see Sam's finger quivering over the button.
Speaker 3: Now I really like you guys, exactly right.
Speaker 7: There was one call on Jonesy and Amanda and the question was something about name an Australian city something something something, and they kept giving clues and then Jones was like, please just name any city. She couldn't name a city.
Speaker 3: Oh you're kidding.
Speaker 1: Oh God, God, lover her. She's like Brenda Barroling. It starts making things up like you.
Speaker 7: She's like brain freeze.
Speaker 2: I'm doing a quiz on my show currently, Little Marsex are sponsoring the show out in Sony Music.
Speaker 1: That's good of him supporting fellow gays.
Speaker 3: Very sweet. And we're doing Little Muck. We're doing a little ars x y Z, which is a spelling bee.
Speaker 2: And I thought, I'm going to trick the first ever person and I'm going to make the first word tiger.
Speaker 3: So the first word was tiger.
Speaker 2: But I said to them, you have one question you can ask me, and one question only in the spelling bee, and that is to use it in a sentence. Use your lifelines wisely, Jenna good evening, spell tiger, all right, t I g E wrong.
Speaker 1: Next call hoology in a sentence.
Speaker 3: Oh glad you asked my favorite rapper is Tiger?
Speaker 4: Are you bitch? You know that?
Speaker 1: Jenna Mitch called me the other night and he goes, what should I what's the word I can use for this spelling bee? I called you and I said anti disestablishmentarianism, and he goes, that's too hard. But you fucked someone over with the wrong time.
Speaker 3: It was for five hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: Too, poor thing, God lover.
Speaker 7: I want to what she was thinking.
Speaker 1: No, that's how you spell time.
Speaker 3: Not wrong.
Speaker 1: Now the next one, Sam, you might have actually heard this. He used to work at Triple M. This question is even easier. So it happened on Triple M and they were giving away a motorbike, I believe. And now all you had to do to get in the drawers answer a very easy question about the band ac DC.
Speaker 5: Here's what happened, So the Harley Davis and A eighty three sports it's all thanks to A C d c's new ovel, Stiff Upper Lip and Phraser motorcycles.
Speaker 4: Okay, hello trouble m Yeah, Hi, Hello? What's your name?
Speaker 6: Mark?
Speaker 4: Good a Mark? How you doing?
Speaker 6: Not too foul?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 4: Listen Mark Are you an A C D C fan?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you have a motorcycle license?
Speaker 1: No, but I'll get one if a winner. Okay, Well I'm gonna win it.
Speaker 4: You're gonna when it's gonna win.
Speaker 3: I like that confidence.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, we're gonna ask you a question, maybe before we can put you in the barrel. Okay, spell A C D C A D A C.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna ask you again, how.
Speaker 4: Do you spell A C D C.
Speaker 6: A D A C.
Speaker 7: Mark?
Speaker 4: One more time? Make spell A C DC.
Speaker 3: Sill you in a minute, Marcus Mark?
Speaker 4: Mark? Mark? Yeah, yes, A spell A C D C as for A A D D C A d.
Speaker 6: H. I'm getting this.
Speaker 4: You are? Mark?
Speaker 6: Just fell a C D C H A C D c acco sound sie A c DC?
Speaker 2: Just say that a CD ye?
Speaker 1: Mark?
Speaker 4: Wasn't that hard? Okay?
Speaker 1: Mark?
Speaker 3: Not only that, We're going to give you.
Speaker 4: A copy of your favorite ac DC album? Do you have a favorite copy?
Speaker 1: Anything good?
Speaker 6: That is?
Speaker 3: That just sounds set up?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Do you reckon?
Speaker 3: It was just too funny. It was too good.
Speaker 5: I can confirm one really real?
Speaker 1: Were you actually there when it happened? It sounded very old. It's it's one of the like Hall of Fame things for Triple M.
Speaker 3: They're very proud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Paul Bustard, you know what, he was probably dyslexic because you just see, it makes all your words get jumbled around.
Speaker 3: You can't spell.
Speaker 1: That's true. I didn't even think of that. Now I feel bad. No, it's all you had to do was say the band's name a C D C.
Speaker 3: But that's the thing.
Speaker 2: When someone says a C DC, you don't think it's a word like a like a s E E D E E s e E, you know.
Speaker 1: Like a Yeah, right, I'm with you, Thank god. I struggled to keep up with It's hard to be But anyway, these people struggled to answer rather easy trick questions, and we thought, okay, who is the most intelligent, university educated bitch on our team? The answer is Jenna. So we're going to hit you with a couple of what I think easy trick question See if you hoiity toity educator type can figure it out. Which is there any quiz music or something you can get me?
Speaker 2: I mean I can get why don't you use the quiz music I used for my show Last Quiz of the Day.
Speaker 1: I thought something a little bit more old school, like you know that.
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 1: Is it jeopardy or something?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What about this?
Speaker 7: This?
Speaker 2: This is nice?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: This work all right? Jenna, I'm scared. Yes, what gets wetter the more it dries? Now, come on, Jane, come on.
Speaker 7: What gets better the more it dries?
Speaker 3: Frank think about her?
Speaker 1: Maybe we should do a bloody twenty second on the clock thing fucking day.
Speaker 3: You know you've got fifteen seconds, I'd say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bring up your fancy countdown sound effects whitcher. What gets wetter the more it dries?
Speaker 4: Hit us?
Speaker 1: Oh, she looks like she's got a microra.
Speaker 3: Now let's take a guess.
Speaker 1: Her eyebrows and foreidda all screwed up. She's got no idea. It's a towel. A towel. The more you use it to drive something, it gets wetter.
Speaker 3: Get it all right? Next one, Mitchell, what.
Speaker 1: Word is spelled incorrectly in every single dictionary?
Speaker 3: Incorrectly?
Speaker 4: She got that?
Speaker 7: Run?
Speaker 3: Well done, our little genius.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's not our tick.
Speaker 3: No, it's not that.
Speaker 1: Where's the indgem tick?
Speaker 3: Because I'm on the show page too many.
Speaker 1: Minutes forget about it?
Speaker 3: All right, Next one, next one, all right.
Speaker 1: This one's in your wheelhouse. The end of the answer. If I drink, I die, If I eat, I'm fine. What am I?
Speaker 3: Would you be able to repeat it?
Speaker 1: Shut that thing up? Okay, you're ready. Yes, If I drink, I die. If I eat, I'm fine? What am I?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 1: A fire? You're an artinist.
Speaker 3: It was either a fire or mass murder.
Speaker 1: So could you like, maybe I'm a sorry to be selfish, but could you like think out loud because the silence is very deafening. No, it's just you know, I can see you.
Speaker 7: It's going on in my head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should see her. It's like her eyebrows are trying to meet each other her forehead. It's very strange.
Speaker 2: It's like someone's got a lead pencil and they're slowly jabbing her on the knees. Yeah, all right, come on, Jenny, you can still win.
Speaker 1: That one out of three so far? Dumb us? All right, all right, come on, Jenny, you're the smartest one here. You should get this. This is a bit of a long one. Okay. Ready, If it takes eight men ten hours to build a wall, how long does it take four men.
Speaker 7: Ten hours? Did you say?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Five hours. Incorrect because the wall is already built. It takes no time.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't.
Speaker 1: The eight guys already made it, so while with the other four need to make another one.
Speaker 2: Come on, if you win this gener it's worth a thousand points and you'll win the whole competition a thousand.
Speaker 3: Points for what the contest like?
Speaker 1: Five my points? What are we talking?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Everyday rewards.
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 1: Is it legal for a man to marry his widow's sister?
Speaker 3: Get legal.
Speaker 1: For a man to marry his widowed sister?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: No, because he is dead. It would be quite hard to marry someone. Jenna's his widow's sister.
Speaker 3: He's dead, he's widow. But couldn't it be she's dead?
Speaker 7: I thought she's dead.
Speaker 1: No, his widow is the lover he left behind. Is it legal for a man to marry his widows sister?
Speaker 3: It can a man be widowed as well?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Maybe he's gay. I don't give a fuck. Oh yeah, widow's sister. Yeah, sister. Don't questioned me on the trick questions. I didn't write them. That was a trick anyway. Jenna, it's nice to know that you're as stupid as us.
Speaker 3: I got one Wow, people freak out under pressure cases you can't even breathe?
Speaker 4: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: You should follow these idiots online? Search a couple of mitches