Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Coome Onrning Patsy morning, come on in, Jack Post.
Speaker 2: Good to see you guys.
Speaker 1: Now, Jack, how was your weekend hold up not leaving home until trying to potty train your two year old son Gordy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it was exactly that hold up. It really felt like I haven't seen you guys in months. Good to see you again, stir crazy since I saw you on Friday. Yeah, he did really well though. So the idea is like an intensive three days straight where we stay at home essentially hover over Gordy so that anytime he feels like he needs to go to the toilet, we can offer the potty to him. But it meant we no excursions, not even going out Saturday morning for his swimming lessons. Nothing, just no nappies. Was he going stir crazy? No, well yes he was, but the.
Speaker 1: Boys just at that it's just so much feral energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in a different way to me. I was going crazy where I wanted to sneak out a window, whereas he was going like so happy crazy that we're like we're all getting I'm naked all the time, just like in whirlwind, causing destruction all over the house.
Speaker 1: So hows he where is he on his sort of then potty training? Is he doing it now? Yeah?
Speaker 2: He's doing it? So hey, well done, that's ship. Do you want to hear some discussing part of it? I'd love to quickly. That is why I good it this morning. He did his first pooh in the backyard on Saturday, and ill.
Speaker 1: And he filmed all this yet just because that's a lamp up moment for a young man, isn't it. It's a right of passage, well out of a passage.
Speaker 2: So I ran inside. I was like, you know, if you need to keep going, I'll go in and get the potty and can bring it out. We keep going. By the time I came back, Luna had eaten the purpose. I stop it just discussing, and oh my god, you're meant to not make a big deal either way about what's happening around potty training, like not be sad if he misses it, but not to be too over excited if he gets it. So I threw up a little bit in my mouth, but I didn't want to show him obviously that I recall and that right there is some great daddy to hide it just swallow that he's taking one for the dead team.
Speaker 1: That is impressive because that's dogs are a vaulting us.
Speaker 2: They's so bad and they would later we like, we let them lick us. They We're like, oh so cute.
Speaker 1: It's like, I remember what you did? You know where that snout has been? And so why today because you go back to like kinder today?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he goes today care today? And does he take the potty with him?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: He doesn't. I guess they have one there that he uses. You'd hope, so, wouldn't you.
Speaker 1: You'd hope they'd have potties available though, someone kind of toilet facilities.
Speaker 2: It will be interesting to see how he goes. Also, because he spent so much of the weekend naked because he didn't like the feeling of pants on him but without the napeon, so he kept taking his pants off, and he's not allowed to do that at daycare. No.
Speaker 1: It's hard, though, isn't it, because you don't want to shame there or anything, or it's just a natural urge right now, you know? And so who was between you and Bianca? Who was there when he first? Because this is always a bony contentional team. Me and my wife and our kids are now sort of seventeen and twenty, but we still argue. But no, I think I was there first.
Speaker 2: This is honestly, this is cute. On the way home from the radio show on Friday, Banker called me in tears because he had already done a p in the party.
Speaker 1: That big a deal.
Speaker 2: It is because you don't want to show them again, like you don't want to show them too much emotions, so they're like, why did our parents care so much about me peeing here? And give them some kind of complex. She hid around in a different room and she said, I don't want him to see me, but I'm crying because.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful that you threw up into your mouth. You know that you've got two different modes of parents and there
Speaker 2: The Christian Connell Show podcast