Speaker 1: Laura, come on, here.
Speaker 2: We go.
Speaker 3: Hello Thursday, Hello, Hello Thursday family.
Speaker 1: Hi everyone heading the campus warehouse today, great savings every day. It is officially announcement day, Laura Birth.
Speaker 2: I have a very exciting announcement that I am going to say. I'm going to tell you all later on the show today.
Speaker 3: Can I wait for it to finally be out in the world, because you're killing us here.
Speaker 2: I've been bread crumbing this all week. I am about to burst out of the seams of my pants. I'm that excited.
Speaker 1: Are you an ambassador for something? You've a new face of a brand?
Speaker 2: Not telling you are you're leaving the show? You're moving over now? Would you be sad or excited?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, I am. It's something I've been working on so hard. It's something I am so proud of. It's something I'm probably not very good at, but I'm oh, I can't wait to tell you.
Speaker 1: So it's not a divorce.
Speaker 2: I've been working on it pretty hard, but I'm not very proud of it. I mean, no, no, no, I love my relationship. It's not a divorce.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're gonna You've been bread crumbings for weeks and for days. You're announcing it on the show today.
Speaker 2: It'll happen today this afternoon, something very exciting.
Speaker 1: Laura's big announcement here at the Pickup around Australia. Laura's big announcement not far away on the Pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch. If you're stuck on a Mother's Day gift, Chemist Warehouse has you covered with big brand fragrances at the lowest prices. Chemist Warehouse Great savings every day.
Speaker 2: Ask Uncut Now, Ask Uncut is a segment we do it on the podcast Life Uncut every week. It is where you call in and you give us your deepest, darkest, most problematic questions and we do our absolute best to answer them. Now, we have a question today. You know, it's Mother's Day just around the corner, and this is all about, well, you know, the trials and tribulations about becoming a mum.
Speaker 1: It really is. Anita joins us, Hey, you, Needa, what do you need help with him?
Speaker 5: I'm twenty eight, my partner's twenty nine. We've been here that three four years and he really wants kids. But I'm actually really scared. But the more I interact with kids, the more I like don't want them, like I feel I don't know what I'm doing and my partner does.
Speaker 2: What's making you the most scared about the idea? Is it because you're not sure whether you want to have kids or is it just that you feel like you haven't done all the things that you want to do before making that big decision together.
Speaker 5: Well, I've always wanted kids, but now it's coming up to the time of actually having my own. I think it's the interaction with kids that scares me the most.
Speaker 2: I think that there's this, like very common misconception that if you're a mom, that you therefore love all kids. You know that you're you're someone who must be very maternal. I don't like a lot of other people's kids. I love my own kids, they're amazing, But I find other people's kids annoying.
Speaker 3: You you don't even like Puppy's Laura. So yeah.
Speaker 2: But but but in saying that, I never had this big maternal pool. I never ever had this moment where I was like, oh my god, I really have this undying need to have babies. And then you know, I made the decision and I was so excited. It wasn't like I didn't want to have kids. I wanted to have them, but since becoming a mum, it truly has changed everything for me. I could not imagine my life without it.
Speaker 3: Anita as a thirty nearly thirty six year old that doesn't have kids, I am really scared of having kids too. I think about it every single day. I don't know if it weighs on your mind, although, like it consumes my life to a point where like I get myself it was so worked up into like this stress anxiety attack. It's working me up now thinking about it because there's so much pressure to make the decision, because it's it's not like you're like, oh, I don't know which holiday to go on and then you pick it. You're like, which went to Thailand instead? Once you have that kid, Like, once you make the decision, it's there now.
Speaker 5: Having said that, all.
Speaker 3: Of my friends that have been in your situation, every single one has said the same thing. Every single person has said, You're never ready ever, Like even the people they think they are, and that even the people that spend their whole life wanting to.
Speaker 2: Be at the mum they do it.
Speaker 3: They're like, Wow, you're just never ready and you're never going to be until you fall into that situation.
Speaker 5: It's very confident to know I'm not the only one because all my friends actually really excited lack for that stage when they want kids. But I'm the only one that's nervous. So it's nice to know, Oh, I'm not the only one, because it's not spoken like enough, how scary it is to go through this life change.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I keep.
Speaker 3: Freezing my eggs and eater because like this is my second lod. I'm freezing my eggs because I keep thinking I'll give it another couple of years and maybe I'll be more sure and I'll want it more, and then all of a sudden I don't, So I'm like, oh, I better freeze them again in case, you know, like because I'm thirty six.
Speaker 2: Now we all know we have a biological clock.
Speaker 3: But you have to make the decision based on what you see your life being like, not off, what your friends are not off if they want to Maybe it's not for you, but maybe it is and you're just not ready for the completely.
Speaker 1: He's not putting pressure on you, is you need it.
Speaker 5: He's not, no, not pressure. He just definitely wants them, Like I always wanted them, but now it's coming up to the stage of like could that happen? It's like this scared well.
Speaker 2: But I also think, often, and I mean often, I think when it comes to seeing other people having kids, you always see the bad bits. You always hear about the lack of sleep or the sacrificing you know, having going on the holiday or or not having any time for you. So everyone always talks about the bad bits of parenting, and it's the stuff that we highlight all the time. But I mean, if it was as bad as what people make it out to be, do you think you'd go back and have a second one or a third one?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Thank you.
Speaker 1: You can reach out to us on the pickup Social send us a DM and we will get you on the show. Also, you know what I mean it, We'll give you five hundred dollars at Moon Pig. How about that?
Speaker 5: Thank you thank you so much, so fine.
Speaker 1: Whether you're celebrated, thank you for your advice.
Speaker 2: Oh you're so welcome.
Speaker 1: Please, whether you're celebrating love or milestone, simply showing someone you love that you care for the Moonpigs wide range of personalized cards. Have your covered five hundred Bucks. Thank you all right, Coming up on the Pickup, Laura has a very big announcement. Hear it in fifteen minutes on the Pickups to pick Up Thursday, half O Britt, Laura Mitchie. I head into chemist warehouse today. Great savings every day. Everyone stretched out, yawned out.
Speaker 2: Oh God, this will put me to sleep. Well, this is so relaxing.
Speaker 3: I feel like i'ven't slept in ages.
Speaker 2: Oh why is that Britt have night terrors?
Speaker 1: This is like a child therapy session.
Speaker 2: Like a giant baby. I am. BRIT's been telling us this every week. She's been coming in saying that she's been having these reoccurring nightmares and they're horrific, like horrific nightmares.
Speaker 1: So what we've done here at the Pickup is we have hired the expertise of dream specialists. He's been doing this for fifty years. Leon Naxon joins us on the show. Welcome to the Pickup, Leon, thank you for coming on, High Leon.
Speaker 4: My pleasure. Hi everybody, High Leoni.
Speaker 3: I mean you're a dream specialist, but does that mean you're a nightmare specialist as well?
Speaker 4: Well? I'm a dream coach and the nightmare are the most prophetic dreams you can have because they're trying to get through to you and give you some information so you stop having those nightmare.
Speaker 2: What are the nightmares that you're having, what's actually happening.
Speaker 3: I'm always being chased through this old, dark apartment building complex, so I'm running from a murderer. They're trying to kill me, and I'm running for my life and I'm going down stairwells and I'm trying to hide.
Speaker 2: Then he finds me.
Speaker 3: Then I always end up running outside of the building it's nighttime, and then I'm running across the road to this really deep, thick forest that is all downhill, and I start to run for my life down this through this forest, trying to escape. But then sometimes the dream starts earlier than when he's chasing me, and it's somebody that I know. So it's somebody else that either lives in the building or that I'm an acquaintance with. And I finally figured out that his plan is to kill me, but I can't let him know that I know. So I'm like in my head, I'm like, I've got to keep this guy on my side until i can find a way out. But then he figures it out and then the chase starts.
Speaker 4: Well, Basically, in most cases, when you're running away from someone in your dream, it's usually yourself. It's an aspect of yourself that you're running away from something that you can't you don't want to face. You're running from the shadow self. So the question is, what is it about yourself that you don't want to face and you think it's killing you or it will kill you if it gets out.
Speaker 1: I've seen that that'd be wonders for your career.
Speaker 2: That subscribe to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's an aspect of yourself that you just you're not proud of. Ask yourself, what is it that I don't want to embrace? And next time you have that nightmare, don't run away from the person, turn around and give them a hug. Because as important to love dark side, your shadow love every part of your decision making.
Speaker 3: Can you control your dream enough, like when you're in it and I'm running, can I control it enough to be like, I'm not going to run anymore, I'm going to turn around and kind of him.
Speaker 4: It's possible. It's called looser dreaming, And at some point you realize you're dreaming. But it's still just live the dream in your day dreams. Just when you get a quiet moment, you don't You're not going to get interrupted. See the dream your in your mind and actually turn around and embrace whoever or whatever it is you're running away from and say.
Speaker 2: I love you, Britt. Is there anything you're running away from in yourself? Very I feel like I've got a lot of life decisions to make. I'm very stressed about it.
Speaker 3: Maybe the stress is overwhelming me and I'm taking it to my head my dad.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, Now, it's impossible to be stress if you're living in the present. Stress only resides if you're thinking of the past I should have, could have? Would have? Or thinking of the future what should I do? But if you're in the present moment, it's impossible to be stress. So if you could repeat this poem to yourself, The past is history, the future is a mystery. The present is the gift.
Speaker 3: The past is a mystery, the history, the future is a mystery.
Speaker 2: But today is a gift.
Speaker 4: The present is the gift.
Speaker 1: Down We'll get on a fridge magnet or something, Doctor Leon, Max and everyone dream coach. I've been doing it for fifty years and I can tell why what a great man? Next on the show. Everyone, this is huge. Laura's big announcement is finally revealed.
Speaker 2: Yes, I have been breadcrumbing this all week. I have been birthing the same months you've been bread crumbing this. Have been at the seams keeping this inside. I am very bad at keeping a secret, and I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: That's after this Laura's big announcement on the pickup. Get the popcorn people, It's the pickup Thursday afternoon, Britt, Laura and Mitche here heading to Chemists ware House today. If you're stuck on a Mother's Day gift, They've got you covered with big brand fragrances at the lowest prices. Chemist where House, great savings every day. The moment is here, everybody.
Speaker 2: I mean, you were all excited about the King's coronation, but this is what you know. This is the true exciting revelation Laura.
Speaker 3: We have been on the edge of our seat wondering what this big excitement is, wondering why he's going around in secrets, taking secret phone calls.
Speaker 2: Are you joining the FBI?
Speaker 1: You've been easing an announcement and now is the time to tell us.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have been so excited to share this with you, and you know that I'm very, very bad at keeping a secret. Oh yeah, but i'd like to know. Have you kind of surely you figured out it a little bit?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Brittain, I have a shared notes app that we just write our ideas in about what she's doing. I thought you were having twins.
Speaker 2: I'm not pregnant. No, I wouldn't. If I found out I was pregnant. I think I'd be a little bit more worried.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking of a polyamorous relationship.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not. Matt does. He's got no interest in that. Neither do I. I know that you guys both describe me as having rhythm in my body.
Speaker 1: Said have you said that? I haven't.
Speaker 3: Maybe my sleep I haven't said that, but I think I know what you're getting at.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm doing dancing with the stuff. Okay, it's a whole thing.
Speaker 1: Congratulation, Thank you.
Speaker 2: When is this starting? Well, I've been training my absolute ass off. Literally my glass is gone. Look how flat it is. I know it's I've got nothing left on me. I am so unbelievably bad. I look like a baby giraffe. That's just been birthed. I did not believe you. Or like a praying mantis, you know when they when they're about to move forward and they are a stick in sect and they kind of go back and forth, back and forth before they go forward again. You are so long in gangling.
Speaker 1: Well, this explains why you've been running after the bathroom but limping. And she like I saw Laura go to the bathroom just before in the songs and she was aching around the corner.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've been seeing a samber into the bathroom. I was like, wonder what you still know?
Speaker 2: My whole body hurts. We have been training so hard. All the production have been so excited and they keep saying things like God, it must be so amazing to learn a new skill.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: My first dance that I'm doing is the jive. That's a really quick one, isn't it. It's like a lot of high kicks, high knees, like up and kicking down and kicking up. And I was like, when am I ever going to use this skill again?
Speaker 1: Never? Absolutely never hold on? Do you have a dance partner, because you get paired with the dance coach?
Speaker 2: I do? I do? I have a lovely man named Danil' he's twenty one years old. He's Russian, baby. Yeah, his militant Russian style every so off and he gets the stick out and whacks me across the knees if I'm not pointing my legs. It's his first season as well, and because it's his first season, he's so he's like so hungry to win the competition. Did that feel?
Speaker 1: Also? Think that's Russia in the Russia.
Speaker 2: He's competitive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you could win.
Speaker 3: I think you'll be a good I think you're underestimating yourself.
Speaker 2: That is the nicest thing you've ever said to me. But bullshare, I'm nice you all the time.
Speaker 1: We are nice.
Speaker 2: We are nice to you all the time.
Speaker 1: You Can you tell us some other celebrity are doing it with you? Or is that all top secret?
Speaker 2: I would tell you if I knew, But I don't even know yet who's doing it, so no one else has been announced. They've been keeping us all like we've all been training in silos. So I got the green light to tell everyone sooner rather than later. But yes, I'm going to find out the draw card. Maybe you're the biggest star on this I don't think so I think that that's why they've been keeping the rest of them real quiet. I think there's some big, big celebrities on this season.
Speaker 1: Give us some moves. What if you've done so fuch?
Speaker 2: Some of the job I can do. I'll do you my start of my giant hold on. I have to take my headphones off. Yes, you're gonna have to describe this is a bit more of a visual medium.
Speaker 1: Or standing up. My headphones are coming, right, So I.
Speaker 2: Do what looks like a dap. Don't tell us, just do it.
Speaker 1: We'll describe you. Oh my god, she looks like she's falling over.
Speaker 3: Take it seriously, please don't describe it, just or describe it.
Speaker 1: Just dance, just top. This is going to be terrible, terrible te Oh she's stripped me.
Speaker 2: Well, why is your shirt? Oh my god, Oh my god, that's my dance and I will so you gotta win them over with yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: Producer Flips is telling us that we have a Dancing with the Stars. Oh my god, a Dancing with the Stars VIP joining us next.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I've just in the announcement have tried to rack my brain for someone that's done Dancing with the stars.
Speaker 2: And I think I've got an expert up next, but I need to give them a call. I need all the help I can get. Please quick flip.
Speaker 1: All right, if you're just joining us, Yeah, Laura's announced she's going to be on Dancing with the Stars. We've got a Dancing with the Stars specialist for some advice. Flips. Yeah, okay, joining us next here on the pickup. Thank god, it's the pickup. Laura Mitchie our Thursday A heading to the chemists warehouse today. Great savings every day. If you're just joining us, Laura Burn made her massive announcement, Laura.
Speaker 2: The rash cleared up, the rash is gone, and I'm doing Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 1: But we're so excited for you. We're all a bit nervous. So producer flips. I'm being told, who produces this show has organized a Dancing with the Stars legend this game. Yeah, they went to Dancing with the Stars, all stars. They made it to the semifinals.
Speaker 2: Oh that must be good. I mean you know that I need all the film biking.
Speaker 3: Will you happily take some advice now from someone that has done the show before you? Like happily like no questions asked, whatever they say, you're going.
Speaker 1: To take one.
Speaker 2: I will do pretty much anything right now if it's going to make me a better dancer.
Speaker 1: Okay, please, welcome to the show. I don't even know who this is, Mystery Dancing with the Stars, Superstar, Hello.
Speaker 6: Hello, Hello? Are we hello.
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 2: I'll stop at you. It sounds so weird.
Speaker 1: I was like, go away, top McKinney.
Speaker 2: When you said i'd take any advice from anyone, I'm very stubborn. I rarely take it from my husband.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 3: I was deemed down hoping it was going to be Maddie Jake because then now I don't know if you just heard that, Matt, but you can ask Laura whatever, and she agreed to do anything.
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 6: Sorry, it almost won the competition.
Speaker 2: We didn't almost win. How far did you get?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 6: Like, I almost made it into the final almost. I beat Chappelle Corby. I Beatby.
Speaker 1: That's all that matters, to be fair.
Speaker 2: I watched Chappelle's Corby's her dance that year. She was pretty good. She did the vnes waltz, and I was quite into.
Speaker 1: Had a lot of time to practice. Matt, you Matt, so tell us what is your advice for your wife? Because you've been watching a rehearse at home. How's she been going?
Speaker 6: Look, there's no real secret here. It's hard work, it's dedication. You're got to put in the hours. You've got to stay really focused. And something that I did which really helped me is you get a little bit of wax, just a little bit, not too much, and you rub it on everyone else's shoes before they go out, and it just helps that little bit more. It's not cheating, I guess, it's just any little advantage that you can give yourself over the other others. I think you have to take that. And Laura is a mom, she's working hours. I mean, honestly, how much will you get to dance? Like one night a week? It's not enough. You need more.
Speaker 2: I mean, you have been seeing me dance, you've kind of seen the progress. That's probably the only one who actually has real full intel into what I've been doing the last few weeks. And how do you think I'm going? What would you want to follow her?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: In the scorecard?
Speaker 6: Guys, we're in a lot of trouble. Say that I'm trying to be supportive and it's like it's a good starting point. Is it enough to win? Is it enough to be as good as Maddy j We're not sure. I'm jiut.
Speaker 1: She does her like worry dance in the studio and Brittain and it's almost if you've ever seen someone that shouldn't eat a peanut eat a peanut, it's almost like her body's in full sort of anal accis and there's not much rhythm to it. Or are you you're doing rehearsals? What's the schedule?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been pretty much. Every time I'm not here, I'm there. I'm training. I'm training a lot of the moment. But Matt, I know that one of the conversations we had recently, which he tried to reassure me but didn't do it in a very convincing way, is you were trying to reassure me that I could be sexy, and I know I'm not. How sexy do I look when I'm doing well? I'm doing the church one of them, and that's like quite a sexy dance. How sexy am I?
Speaker 6: Honestly imagine a big eel, like a human human sized eel that has sprung out limb which is covered in sequence, and it's like gasting for air as it like gyrates across the floor.
Speaker 2: Sexy is that?
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 2: I'll slip and slide all over you.
Speaker 6: Baby.
Speaker 2: That's a great.
Speaker 6: Visual, I think really well, honestly, she's a lot better than what I am. She's got a bit of salsa. I don't know if she's told anyone this, but she used to be by dancing on a Thursday social salsa. So she's got like a decent foundation of danceability that I never had.
Speaker 3: I might know that you you did used to dance a lot through breakups and stuff.
Speaker 2: Don't give away my secrets. And do you know what I used to do? Yeah, I'd go through bad breakups and then I'd go to the clubs and go salsa dancing. Oh my, A bit of a loser.
Speaker 1: Do you need to divorce Laura for this couple of week periods? So she succeeds Laura.
Speaker 6: I'm so sorry to say this, but we're done.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go dance.
Speaker 1: Matthew Johnson, everybody.
Speaker 2: Almost twinkle toes in the flesh. There he is.
Speaker 1: That's him. What a man?
Speaker 2: That is it from us? Thanks for listening to the show.
Speaker 1: Everyone, we'll see you tomorrow. Will and Woody. You're up next guys. See your Friday