Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Meldon's Gold one oh four point three wise.
Speaker 2: From Richmond Gold one four point three HQ is Melbourne, Australia, forecasting to the world.
Speaker 3: Wos Who's calling Christian?
Speaker 2: Yay?
Speaker 4: Christians Jack Cons, James Gordon, Guys, he is les By Girl, John Corey Filming, Sean mcconnok, David Strausman Kelley, Carsten Biber, Richard Reed, Simon Pegg, christians.
Speaker 5: Worth, Todd McKinney's.
Speaker 3: Only handle and Tanning Hey Christians Ey boy? Who Who's Who's Who's who calling Christian?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 7: Coome on in five minutes past six Monday morning, have you had a great weekend? It's to Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. So two hours time, voting will end on Who's gone a Christian and we're announcing who wins the money? Which one of the five celebrities it's winning twenty thousand dollars for the charity of their choice, whether it's a Levy and Newton, John, Chris Hemsworth, agro Tony Hadley as Prats keeps calling in Tiny Hadley and Jane's Gordon. So you can still vote for another two hours right up until eight this morning. Then we'll be announcing the winner. So over the weekend I've kind of just depressing. I really was treading coming in and doing today's show chat right, So I thought the cricket, it's just been torrid. It looked like it was all over. And then I started to watch it last night and I thought, I can't stay up all night. We've got a big show today in plus England will probably choke. And then I wake up this morning and a lot of friends have been worried about me being here behind enemy lines due and the ashes are all gone. It's a great day to be in Englishman Australia finally.
Speaker 2: So great day to be an Englishman in the throw. I feel like, if anything, it gives people a reason not to listen to the show this morning.
Speaker 7: No, that's all losing attitude that the world loves about Australia. But I didn't see it. But Rio works on a show, so make a sports fan does a lot of stuff for raw stayed up all night to watch it. So what happened.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm pretty delirious at the moment. If I can't string a sentence together, forgive me.
Speaker 3: But it was.
Speaker 9: It was absolutely wild.
Speaker 8: Ben Stokes basically just batted the entire time with not a lot of help really and what.
Speaker 7: A leach get one? It was running part.
Speaker 8: They got one at the end they had they needed sixty runs off the last wicket and Ben Stokes did an unbelievable job of keeping the entire strike to himself, so never letting this other terrible batsman's face any balls.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 9: It was a masterclass. It was unbelievable.
Speaker 8: And so this guy just sort of stood there and occupied space while Ben Stokes was the hero.
Speaker 7: So how would you set up because they're also in the smallness? Is not the greatest performance by English batsman ever? Do you think it is? Well?
Speaker 9: Pretty pretty low bar there.
Speaker 7: It's amazing though you'd have been two young women or Ian Botham did it at the same venue at Headingley in nineteen eighty one. It's like one of the most historics or innings ever. And then for Sto to do something it's good because it's a team sport, right, and sometimes in a team sport you get an individual performance. So earlier on in the in the ashes, Steve Smith tipped it towards Australia now Stokes has given England that glimmer of hope when an amazing historic performance went. So what were they chasing?
Speaker 9: They were chasing. They needed three hundred and fifty nine to win.
Speaker 7: So is that one of the highest chases England would have been ever trying to get it in Ashes?
Speaker 8: I believe it's the highest ever successful run chase for England. For England, yeah again low bar but still, your goodness.
Speaker 7: You're going to be nice to the palms.
Speaker 9: It's very difficult. I'm fighting every natural urge.
Speaker 7: You know, I wasn't playing as well.
Speaker 9: Still you sound like them.
Speaker 7: That's racist. And so did you enjoy it? I know obviously you lost and you want to win and you could have retained the Ashes, But did you think it was an amazing bit of cricket? Yeah?
Speaker 8: If I haven't slept today and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Was it was test cricket at its finest, at its most dramatic, at its most soul crushing and beautiful.
Speaker 9: And that's why I love cricket.
Speaker 7: And so how do you rate this over all the Ashes them? Do you think it's been a good It's been good so far, all the different tests.
Speaker 9: Or compared to the other tests. Oh, this is one of the best test matches in a decade.
Speaker 7: It was. Yeah, yeah, my dad rang me as well. He said it was one of the best tests there because but son be careful out there today. I think my dad thinks I'm doing frontier work and that's why I came out here, and he's concerned about me as well. All right, thanks a lot. Rio Monday Morning Gold one O four point three Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. You can vote cast your vote for the winner of Who's Going to Christian at Gold one I four three dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much to everyone who's been voting over the weekend for your favorite winner of Who's Calling Christian? And it's a lot of money and a lot of charities are going to do. He went off the back of it. I have been about five thousand people that voted over the weekend, which is incredible because I know it's weekends, you're busy and you forget the show's not on. I can say at the moment between three of the five is very very close at the top, but anything could change your next hour and forty five minutes. So Chris Hemsworth. His charity is the Australian Childhood Foundation, which if you heard the chat, he was very passionate about Oswell's a living Newton John and her wellness and Research center, everything she's been going through. It's a very very big thing. And obviously the walk here in Melbourne in October. Then you got Jamie Dunn who's going to be giving twenty thousand dollars if Agro wins to the Royal Children's Hospital here in Melbourne. Tony Hadley from Spander Balley who called us last week on Thursday, Huntington's Disease Foundation, which I think there was another person we had on the show last week who was talking about that as well, and James Corden. Listener Charlotte Keeley got James to call him and if he wins, even though he's in La, his twenty thousand dollars is going to the Royal Children's Hostle Melbourne as well. So it's so good that two out the five are supporting the great work that the Royal children Someone's Hospital Melbourne do as well. So you can vote online at gold one I four to three dot com dot au. Did you vote?
Speaker 2: I voted?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Did you vote several times?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: I didn't know you could.
Speaker 7: I thought it, and I felt really bad. Kiran the it nerd out there, looks like he's never seen sunlight in his life. Translucent man has been working very hard a weekend. Who is British? By the way, I know, we do know the British people. We can't spot it. You don't need to tell us. He's another one like you. He likes Hugh Grant movies as well. He's been busy of the weekend weeding out multiple votes from single ipiatrices. And that was me because I voted six times for the same So do.
Speaker 2: You put in a fake email address? Or did you put in a name?
Speaker 7: I went from Dave Smith to Dave Harris to Chris Smith and then Chris Harris and then Kieran kept moaning that people keep voting more than once. Oh that's me. Actually, did you vote more than ones, Patsy.
Speaker 10: No, I didn't. I was very honest.
Speaker 7: Did you vote more than ones? No?
Speaker 2: I already told you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I didn't think you could because I got your email addressing and.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but you can fake an email address.
Speaker 2: No, but I thought they had set up something there. I just thought the space space. Did you see that website? Straight out of ninety eight? So how was everyone's weekend, Patsy?
Speaker 7: What did you get up to? What was the highlight of your weekend?
Speaker 10: You had a really busy weekend actually, with swimming and ballet and birthday parties. It just went in a flash. Took the husband's shopping on Saturday afternoon?
Speaker 7: What mean you took your husband shopping?
Speaker 10: Well, it's quite a chore taking Chris shopping. Did you do those for close? He hates it and you've kind of got to prime him. He we're not an empty stomach, and that's the number one rule that you don't do.
Speaker 7: So my wife will always make sure that I'm fed. Yes, if I get irritable, which I woman, have five minutes of shop and she go, let's go and get you something. Yeah, it's like an a the lights.
Speaker 2: In shove a juice in your mouth, like it's a dummy.
Speaker 9: Something.
Speaker 10: We got out of the car and the first thing he said was I'm not trying anything on. I'm not trying anything on, almost.
Speaker 7: Stamping to the floor and start doing that.
Speaker 10: If he could, he would have. And I said, all right, we need to get you something to eat.
Speaker 7: I'm not trying anything.
Speaker 10: So anyway, a plowman's lunch later and he.
Speaker 9: Was all set to go.
Speaker 7: I'd be ready for a snooze cheese in the middle of the dack.
Speaker 10: So he got a suit, shoes, a shirt, a belt.
Speaker 2: Wait, no, one buys a suit without trying it on.
Speaker 10: Tell me he did because I'd fed him, so he was in the right frame of mind.
Speaker 7: Why does he want to suit? What's off to his prow or so?
Speaker 10: No, he usually gets a suit this time this month every year because they're on sale, you see, because he wears a suit every day for work.
Speaker 2: So we go well known for suits.
Speaker 7: I feel like I need to quickly get out there now these amazing suits that are on the racks and county.
Speaker 10: So we did well.
Speaker 7: So what did you get? Running through me again? What did you get that? You got the suit, the shoes to tie, the shirt?
Speaker 10: Yeah, a belt, awesome socks.
Speaker 7: Did you get that done within an hour?
Speaker 10: About ninety minutes?
Speaker 7: It was, I reckon, I can shock for myself within an hour an hour and a half. Then I've got no more time to do anything like that. Something incredible happened to me Friday afternoon, which I'll tell you about next the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: Something happened to me Friday afternoon which I was shocked and stunned at. Would you say I am a disheveled or scuffy looking gentleman opposite statesmanly? Would you if you saw me crossing a road you were in a car at the traffic lights, would you double click the doors?
Speaker 2: What is in luck them?
Speaker 7: Yeah? You know sometimes you sort of see someone a bit, you know, don't you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: And you go yeah, rite that Well, that happened to me Friday. A woman did a double take when she saw me, right, and I was dressed smartly, I didn't look disheveled or anything, and she the old and I almost want to go, come on, I'm not going to rob you. I got double clicked And couldn't she tell you? The guy from the billboards bloody palms? Has it ever happened to you? Guys?
Speaker 10: I always drive with my doors locked? Do you before I even back out of the driveway?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 7: And have you ever sometimes where you see someone and you're the lights and you haven't done it, and you've double clicked it, and you're worry that they might but you're worry that they.
Speaker 3: Might hear you.
Speaker 10: No, I don't worry what they think.
Speaker 2: I would worry.
Speaker 7: I would. I clicked a woman once and she had a big go at me.
Speaker 2: But I mean, you're safe at least.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't think she was going to do anything. I felt really bad, but you know this can't take chance. So she's yelling at you through the window, your hand and people are looking at me, judging me about what I've done as well. The lights are there and you do not thing where you just stare ahead. I don't look at you, You're not there. And it was it. But I can believe this woman just about here in Richmond actually double click me as I just walked across the street to try and get in front of her.
Speaker 9: What's It?
Speaker 10: Super Boss?
Speaker 1: The First and O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 7: Three Once again, Pats has proven to be a bit of a distraction on the show. She just come in with a printed news bulletin that's relevant for Jack. But basically you're confusing him. He's now started talking to me perhaps during the song about whether or Is should try and sell his house. We have a big show to do today. We're going to give away forty.
Speaker 2: That's a huge thing.
Speaker 7: But you can't be worrying about all that. During the show, Pats came beating in as she does and starts getting in your head. Perhaps we need a tight focus on the team, you know, I imagine a lot over the ashes, you know, when they go in and stuff like that, and the team are on and they're not going, hey, have you earned this story? You guys?
Speaker 10: I can think of five things at once.
Speaker 7: You see, oh of course, yeah we saw that last week when you're ording dresses live on area regular facebooking during the news.
Speaker 2: I can't though, I'm now I'm just thinking about to buy my house.
Speaker 7: So if people just tuned in it it was impacts His news is quite an interesting story. We actually probably will affect other people like you as well. But just the other people it's going to affect aren't live on air right now on a Retford show. So is it the level crossing people saying they might buy some houses to compensate people who are being affected by it?
Speaker 2: That's right. So we're right on the railway line.
Speaker 7: We might be when you built the house deliberately on the railway.
Speaker 2: Have you guys got I've got no reference point for acquisitions except for the movie The Castle where they want to expand the airport and they have to buy his home? Is it a good deal or a bad deal?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Should I be excited on?
Speaker 7: They'll be playing like market price?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 7: So the market for houses is boy at the moment is good?
Speaker 10: Usually don't they usually offer lower They try.
Speaker 2: And low Bowyer, but then no one would actually sell.
Speaker 7: If it was incentive. Was it just more of like a pr grandstanding thing to be seen to be offering to help people? More like that? I think I When Pats does she's got more in town much What it actually does mean is do some more of your monkey tap.
Speaker 10: Dances news compulsory acquired, which is very hard to say.
Speaker 2: But this is a voluntary Yeah, so it'll be So what does that mean that a new sound effect? Not much?
Speaker 10: I suspect, I don't know. I'll be interested, to say, Jack.
Speaker 7: But he's getting all excited.
Speaker 9: It's hardly going to be.
Speaker 10: It's hardly going to be triple.
Speaker 3: Is it? Well?
Speaker 2: We did a lot of the renovations ourselves, and the house looks good, but probably, you know, behind the walls is actually not as sound as it looks. So if we can get awayte got free.
Speaker 7: You might be selling it anyway in a year or twes time, and so I might remember I remember him talking about this house. It's flimsy ass. Let's move on, Let's go somewhere else. Yesterday, mean about for three of the family, we did this thing. You must have heard some poems do this. I think it's a thing here called Christmas in July. I know it's late you a where we had a Christmas dinner, and they do this because it's trying to recreate what it's really like on Christmas Day in England, which is the weather's not very good. But cast your mind back to yesterday. It was a sunny, warm day. We're indoors, boiling, eating a roast turkey, where Christmas crackers, Christmas jumpers all sat down having a proper you know, with the gravy and all the trimmings, and the food was lovely looking outside at bright sunlight, and it made no sense. I was actually confused. At one point I actually did start the panic going is it because everyone was singing like Christmas songs. There was a Christmas place. I was, is it Christmas Day? Because I've got no presents for anyone? I really get this bad. Have you ever heard about that? It was likely. I didn't realize it's quite a big thing for a lot of poms to do Christmas in July.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I guess here some brands will use it as marketing, like to sell more stuff Christmas in July. But I've never sat down in the middle July and you know, open bumbonds or anything like that.
Speaker 7: This was actually a very organized one people who've done it before. So there was one of the dads had made a on light that beat he put on the big TV screen. He'd made a Christmas themed quiz. Well, it was actually really good. I'm going to steal. I asked him for some of it. We'll be using it at Christmas time towards the end of the year. So there were four different rounds and you would have to get into four different teams. And so one of the rounds was ten songs, all Christmas songs, and it was a point for title and artists. Oh you'd be good at that smashed it. People were getting very annoyed because it's his job. It's his job. One of the dadson's an accountant. He said, can we have an accountancy round? That's just his job. That's all.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: It's on Friday, like we normally do. We had Shane Crawford on. He he had a little big talk, a lot of big predictions about what was going to happen in the world of footy. He went big on a lot of predictions. I just want to replay about back this morning. Most of them appeared to be wrong.
Speaker 2: Yes, well like most of the season. Remember he's only got one prediction right for the whole year, and that is that Jared Rofhead will get a farewell game and fair enough to Crawt, he did that before everybody else. Yeah, this year.
Speaker 7: Basically said the Bombers are going to throw the game because they want to play, obviously playing strategically about the finals, which wasn't true at all. He played really well, thank you, and then he said I think pretty sure he said the Hawks would lose as well. I mean that was quite a hard one to call it as well. They had an amazing win, that was an incredible result. But then there were a couple of other ones as well that he said would definitely come true that just were nowhere near them off.
Speaker 2: He said, Dylan Grimes, we won't say him out there.
Speaker 7: He went amazing game, Tigers looking stronger and stronger, and then the d's it's twenty twenty can't come quick enough for us these fans. It was just it was such a frustrating game Saturday afternoon. As far as we're concerned, some of that some of those team they can swim back from Tasmania. That's that's what they should be made to do. And as Max Gorn is amazing right him and Brody granted to the best ronning back.
Speaker 2: But that's been the story of It's like, oh, Melbourne and aren't playing well, but Max Gorne at least he's doing good.
Speaker 7: There's an incredible photo. It was in the Herald yesterday in just about everywhere of there are a lot of people cheered off over the weekend, weren't they.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess it's this time a year that people retire and if they're not playing finals, they know it's their last game.
Speaker 7: It was Lewis was chaired off, but there was some one one of his buttocks was on top of Max Corn's shoulder. And then Nathan Jones, who obviously isn't this tall? How could put this bright? Me as Max Gorn, who's a very very tall man. And so it was Nathan Jones. It was a lot shorter than Max Gorn, who is a giant basic and then I don't think it's meant to work on that. When you were chaired off, it looked very he looked looked very unsteady. That's right.
Speaker 2: Jordan Lewis is now almost on a forty five degree angle compensating for where his shoulder.
Speaker 7: Is coming up next on Gold one oh four point three, my wife's make me sign up to this new app and it was ruining my life.
Speaker 1: Saturday night, the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 7: Three hour and five minutes left for you to vote. You haven't done so already to fight the winner for Who's Calling Christian between Chris Hemsworth, Olivia Newton, John Agro, Tony Hadley and James Corden. You cast your vote online at gold one oh four to three dot com dot au. So yeah, my wife's made me download this app Live three sixty. It's a tracking device and obviously if you've got kids, it's brilliant, Okay. You can find out not just where they are, like well find my phone, but you get a lot more into as well. You can see if they're traveling, how fast they're going, so you even know if some parents have given them a live somewhere and if they're speeding. Gives you all this kind of amazing information. I resisted joining up okay, because.
Speaker 2: I like, well, because you're an adult, you should be a free thank you.
Speaker 7: Also, I'm conducting multiple affairs and I'm call out. It's going to be difficult to explain one parked outside that house around the corner. So but my wife said that we can. I really need you to join up to us, like okay, and I worked out, I'm su're in. There's no way, there's no easy because always kids would do that too, and I'm locked in. So I forgot of the weekend. I had it Saturday night, I went into the gig at the Comics Lounge, where I also was on Friday night as well. First time I've ever done a gig down Maser. I think it's the biggest comedy club in Australia, six hundred seater or something. Hughes barn of a room. Great club. And after I sat on Saturday night there were some of our lovely listeners came and said alone, I was chatting to a guy called Chris. I should also say hello to Michelle and I listen called Peter, who are kind enough to come over and have a chat with me. But Chris. I was chatting to this guy called Chris. Now I'd already texted my wife said saying I'm leaving right now. Okay, but I'm not. I'm at the bar. Okay, chat to listener. Chris has given me some very in depth advice about turntables I'm going to buy two weeks and so he was telling me about that. I'd end up having another beer, right and of course I haven't moved, despite the turn of my wife. Twenty minutes or maybe half an hours now passed. I'm not at home when I should have been. My wife then has obviously gone on this app to see that I am very stationary at the comics and I just get this terrifying text. Gang. I'm guessing you're just stood at a bar somewhere right now. Come home like an angry mum. Sorry to go. Sorry Chris, I need to go right now. I hate my life.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: So we cammed down last fifteen minutes for you to vote pick your winner of who's calling Christian? What do we get to Friday? How many people is it?
Speaker 2: Fifty fifty seven?
Speaker 7: Fifty seven celebrities you managed to get to call the show or leave voicemails for us over the last two weeks. Tough to pick a top five, but we went with Chris Hemsworth, Olivia Newton, John Agro, with Jamie Dunn, Tony Hadley and James Corden. So that's who've been voting for a weekend. You can still do so for another fifty minutes. Then we'll stopped the voting and we were in a announcement winner live just after eight o'clock. One of you who has voted four hundred times, our it czar has just worked out four hundred times using two different email addresses. I mean, that's a bit a lot of time at the weekend on that station website four hundred boats.
Speaker 2: Well, is that some sort of bot Russian butt? Is Russia trying to rig the.
Speaker 7: Russians are involved.
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 7: But four hundred times I think it's a Chris Hemsworth as well. Having said that, how do you know it Isn't him got a lot of power?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's got three kids, so they're on their own laptops and iPads.
Speaker 7: So tell us about this birthday party you went to over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it was my neighbor's first birthday. Didn't have any idea what you get somebody who's turning one year old?
Speaker 7: We were that's a tough one, actually, yeah, because they're.
Speaker 2: Just I didn't even know. Am I meant to write the card to the parents or the one year old?
Speaker 10: One year old?
Speaker 2: The one year old okay but she can't read it.
Speaker 7: But some money you still go through the one day when they're they might have all those cards. It was that strange guy that came and showed up. Used to live next door. So what did you put? Well, what would you parents are be odd? What would you say to the parents and.
Speaker 2: Sarah well done? And having alloy's shoes, A gorgeous baby have fun on her first birthday?
Speaker 7: What did you get from pass on? Yeah? What did you get for the game? I said, we.
Speaker 2: Should get a book like a kid's book. Books has said they should have hundreds of kids books. That what everyone will get them. We got shoes shoes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, when they grow out those really quickly in that age, they don't last more than like a couple of months.
Speaker 10: Like the little softy shoes that.
Speaker 7: We've still got a couple of pairs of their little baby shoes are amazing.
Speaker 2: We had to guess the size, obviously, because we can go and measure a foot.
Speaker 7: Who guesses bait? But we could have asked who would guess a shoe size for an adult or a baby.
Speaker 2: Baby's generic size baby baby baby size. I tried to look at her shoes, and when I got to the party, I tried to look at her shoes.
Speaker 7: And they did. Some creepy guy that my kids fet have work the.
Speaker 2: Only guy at the party, by the way, who didn't have kids inside.
Speaker 7: Creeping breach. Here. You keep staring at her and how did her actual feat measure up with the skis you got her?
Speaker 2: And it probably could have fit inside the shoe with a shoe on, could have fit inside the shoes we gave it. But that will give her something to grow into it.
Speaker 7: And you, Mum and dad always us to say that when you used to get the school shoes, it didn't fit, but they were just in the because you'll grow into those by the end of the school year. You know, they were good And so what happened.
Speaker 2: So it was it was a great party for kids. Like there was a jumping castle. There is at our local RSL. We were the only hide the RSL out. They hired the RSL out.
Speaker 7: For the first birthday. Yeah, and it was it was I didn't even know there was this many kids in our neighborhood. There was kids everywhere.
Speaker 2: Bianch and I were the only ones without kids, so we first of all, it gave me it was a shock to know that that's our future if we have kids, that your weekends just look like this now while the kids run around crazy and you just have to stand there and make small talk with the other mums and dads.
Speaker 7: The times it can be, but when they're younger, you do get but there's also moments of joy as well. You're miserable, get the judging Joe's face.
Speaker 10: And it's good to compare nights at that stage, isn't it Christian? When they're one, it's like because you're pricking around in the dark, not knowing exactly what to do, so it's good to pick other brains.
Speaker 7: And also your eyes should have gone on the mom and dad. You know they must have fits about so nice that all their family and friends were there, especially the couple from next door. Sounds like I didn't have a good time just judging everyone going, I'm not sure we want that we honestly, there's time to buy hipster, good looking wood, and there's time in that rocking chair in the guest room. So did it put you off the prospect of having kids.
Speaker 2: Well, I just worry now about here's a few things we did this weekend that you won't be able to do with kids.
Speaker 7: This guy is something else. I'm going to play a song and then why don't you town pats in I and all the other parents listening? How much better you all life first and ours? I want to hear the front on this guy. I'm not sure we're still going to be together as a show way a winner who's calling Christian? Well, perhaps let's getting ready to be judged next live on Gold one four point three.
Speaker 1: He's got notes the Christian who Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: All right, So Jack Post is so ready to judge everyone who has kids. Him and his wife don't yet have them. And so what you do You're going to compare.
Speaker 2: What I think?
Speaker 7: It's not.
Speaker 2: I'm not judging. This is an interesting study of what my life will be like now versus what it could be in a few years if we decide to have kids.
Speaker 7: Gotcha?
Speaker 2: So these are as. I was standing around the first birthday party, looking at all the adults trying to wrangle their children on the jumping castle, and over at the lolly and cake table, trying to snatch as many snakes and put them in their mouth as possible.
Speaker 7: Did they look happy?
Speaker 2: The kids were happy, they were having born?
Speaker 7: About the parents, I'll give you that. I'll give you that. Those first thirty years, it's just overwhelming, exhausting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I thought. And then I was standing there thinking of all the things I had already done that weekend that couldn't do if we had kids. First of all, Saturday morning, we went to a nine thirty am screening of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, a three hour film. Oh Wow, at the at the local like Artsy Picture House, so really enjoyable. We played squash against each other Bianca and I. We played scrabble.
Speaker 7: Do you know what my wife and I used to do that when we first started to go out together place squash with each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a great way to exercise and have a bit of competitive nature.
Speaker 7: And though doesn't it because it's an intense game, isn't it? We have to stop playing in there because we would argue so much afterwards we will break up and it'd be sad if the reason why we broke up with squash.
Speaker 2: We also threw scrabble, and there played scrabble on Saturday and Sunday against each other.
Speaker 7: Now, actually that feels boring. I'm glad and I had my weekend of driving my kids around doing unpaid uber work at times like scribble isn't leaving the line trip or score? Oh we're so alive.
Speaker 5: Scribbles.
Speaker 7: That says to me, you're given that you're running out of things to do. You need kids.
Speaker 2: There's some structure in there also last week of Fuddy before Footy finals. I watched six games.
Speaker 7: Some of the commentators and journalists didn't do all six games. I just watched the highlights.
Speaker 2: And the ashes on Saturday night and we were still able to do our Saturday Night past, the night where we make pasta together from scratch. I mean, is all that going to go?
Speaker 10: Just bits of it, jets of it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, things like spontaneity, freedom, yes, financial security, those things say goodbye to them when you have kids. But then you also what you're missing out on is the pure, deep, deep, deep deep joy that you've never experienced before in your lifetime. And that's what that's what? What?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 10: You won't be able to remember what U and Bianca did well.
Speaker 2: I just have to go back and get the podcast.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: Listened to Pats his news and Jack was just talking twenty minutes ago about his fear that if he does become a parent his life will be horrifically boring.
Speaker 2: Not my words, I did not.
Speaker 7: Did you did you take that away from it? I took go neither. Yes, goodbye to.
Speaker 10: A lot of things that I took away that your life will end.
Speaker 7: Yes, the free loving, free spirit. This jack post will die the moment that new life comes into the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the other thing I should have said about the weekend. All that was unplanned, So that is just a rolling decision making.
Speaker 7: But then I seen your news that you're saying how some men now are aunt choosing to have kids.
Speaker 10: Staying, choosing not to have us offspring about ten percent of men in their peak?
Speaker 7: Now, could you when does a man have his prime? His peak? I must have missed mine. No, no, no, no, no, I'm in off peak. I'll just have that in my on my tombstone. Missed his peak permanently, off peak peakless? When was I meant to hit my prime? I just need to let my wife know that. Did you know I was in my prime? Then you enjoy my best year. When does a man hit his prime?
Speaker 10: Well, I don't know. It'd be twenty to forty, I guess.
Speaker 2: Damn you that's a that's a big peak.
Speaker 7: I mean two decades. You can get the feeling that she made that up again?
Speaker 10: Yep, can you put me on the spot like that?
Speaker 7: You it's just a miss her Christian O'Connell's miss Heard Lyrics. All right, time for misshard Lyrics Part one. Then we go through Big John's Top five and A and the way this works. And if we hear the misheard lyric, then you hear this, if we don't, and if it's an instant Hall of Famer all of now he's had not the best running form, has he?
Speaker 2: No, he's had a couple of dud weeks.
Speaker 7: Okay, let's find out what is like today. Then let's go to Rihanna and stay all right, mate, hanging on to that note there? I want you to stay? Or is it I won't chew the steak? It's this I like gosh, wee getty Rihanna? Yes, so won't you the steak? We get it? That's nice? All right? Jay Garles band centerfold?
Speaker 6: You know that?
Speaker 7: Look my angel is a centerfold?
Speaker 3: Or is it?
Speaker 7: My angel is a xenophone? It is there?
Speaker 2: What is a xenophone?
Speaker 7: No idea? There are two mysteries we've uncovered on today's show. We don't know when a man enters his peak or for me, I know I've left. I've definitely left it. I don't know why I was supposed to be into it, and we don't know what a xenophone is, but yeah, I'll give you that one. John Meghan Trainer all about that base. So if that's what you're into, then go ahead and move along. Or is it so, if that's what you're into, then go ahead and mow the lawn. I think he's got lawn, but move the lawn, yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it could be a Scottish way to say lawn move alone.
Speaker 7: All right, Now we go to oh Dear, Oh dear, dear, another Jimiracle I one making an ugly and unnecessary appearance. Got canned heat in my heels tonight, baby? Or is it got canned heat in my heels tonight? Big bear? He's four so far to triumphant return to form. All right, let's see what he's like. Can I get five out of five? Taylor Swift? Taylor Swift has got a long list of ex lovers? Or is it got to love the Starbucks lovers? You don't get it? Yeah, yeah it is? Okay, coming up next, so I'll go through all the ones you've been sending me your misheard lyrics on the way the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 7: Three twenty minutes ago during pat season his headlines. She was talking about men and when they're in their peak, and when pushed for when that was exactly, had nothing to offer up. I just googled. You know, sometimes you don't even use proper words or pronunciation to google that search window. I just typed him when man peak. If that's how you're typing it in, you've missed your peek. Your faculties are not all there anymore when man peak. Just so we all know, late twenties to early thirties, I'm in decline. That's the news headlights. It's just another misheardman day, Christian O'Connell's misheard lyrics. All right, time for the roundup now of your mishard lyrics you've been sending in over the last week. So again when we agree and we hear the misheard lyric but we don't, and of course the one. All right, let's go to Lizzie now, Juranne, Joranne hungry like the wolf, I smell like I sound. I'm lost in a clown, is what Lizzie thinks she's hearing. Yeah, I hear lost in a clown. Well done, Lizzy, Let's go to pool now, Blue Pearl. I think now we're gonna be five weeks on a trot now with Lorraine making it into here he is hearing, join me dancing naked, not in the rain, but in Lorraine. Join me dancing naked in Lorraine. Yes, very good, Paul, Let's go to Kelly Christian. Whenever I hear this Michael Jackson song You're Alone, I can hear your prayers, your burden's eye will bear? Or is it I can hear your prayers, your burghers are the best. That's a very very very very good one. And Kelly and Melton Christian, I've got one for you. This is from Joe and carram Down's Dance Monkey by Tones and I have you ever heard of this outfit?
Speaker 2: I've never heard that, neither of those. Which is the bed?
Speaker 7: I don't know dance. It's a song, dance Monkey. You've got no idea?
Speaker 1: Are you just said?
Speaker 7: You see me?
Speaker 3: Days?
Speaker 7: Is one lone?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I have heard that song, and now I beg to see back in the old fox heyday. Yeah, yeah, you'll hits And now I beg to see you dance just one more time? Or is it? And now I beg to see your dentures one more time. Are you just saying you see me days one?
Speaker 4: Mon?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 7: Very good. Let's hear it again. Are you just say you see me days is one? Mon? Very good? Now, listener, Simon is going back for a second go at this. He got a he got He's the one that is sent in the Jimmy Requi one into planetary kebab zone. Yep, that was a Hall of Famer, hall of famer. He reckons. He's got another Hall of famer. We go to the great George Michael. All God's children crept out the back door? Or is it all God's children crapped out the back door? Naughty Simon, I'm afraid to say I do. I'm not proud to have there's going to a material on the show, but it is there, you know, getting a hall of fame with what that one though, And we got to know that this is from who we got here, Lindsey. This is her one rain by the rhythmics, you know how works. Now here comes the rain again comes and finally Mark Roberts listening to the show on the iHeart app Over in Sydney. Backstreet Boys ain't nothing but a heartache, or is it? And again he's actually put in here. This one's more of a jack post kind of humor, lowbrow. Is it ain't nothing but a fart ache?
Speaker 2: I mean it is there, it is there. It's actually more fun it is.
Speaker 7: I have to say, well down, Mark Rovers Sydney. All right, those all great if you've got some for next Monday, Miss hurd Lyrics email the men Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot au. Four months left to pick the winner of Who's calling Christian the.
Speaker 1: Christian who Conwell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: Voting is now close. Thank you very much for a listener called Sharon who did cast a vote five hundred and eighty times. We get it. You're you're a big fan of Chris Hemmysworth. He's lucky to have you as such a fair But any duplicate votes are being adjusted, all right, they've all been weeded out. Yeah, and I guess if you are going to try and do it off that, maybe give yourself a different name. But five hundred and eighty different names. There's too much to do over a weekend. We get it. Simply go with Sharon. Okay, so the voting has now closed. We have a winner.
Speaker 3: Calling Christian.
Speaker 6: Hello Christian.
Speaker 4: It's James Cordon, John Hey Christian, Chris Hamsworth Christian?
Speaker 6: Is Tony Hadley a mate Christian?
Speaker 7: When we called Jamie dumm aka Agro to tell him off the Friday shows in the top five, this reaction was one, of course, all right, So out of Olivia Newton, John Chris Hemsworth, James Gordon, Jamie Dunne aka Agro, and King of the Ahies Tony Hadley, lots of you have gone and voted of the weekend, Thank you very much. Was hard to announce the top five and Friday. There are many many more we could have put in there, easily wade into top ten or top twenty, where we had to just pick five. So it's a lot of money. It's twenty thousand dollars for one of the celebrities charity of their choice and twenty thousand dollars for the listener that nominate them to call Who's calling Christian? So close? But no cigar four King of the Eighties, Tony Hadley, Agro is going to be more Agro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought Agro might have been a darkhor.
Speaker 7: I really thought might be in the top two, and judge it from people I saw on about over the weekend, you thought this guy would be the guy winning it. James Corden, right, which means, if you're paying attention, it is between this is good two great Australians Chris Hemsworth and Olivia Newton. John is between those two. When am I going to tell you after this song tell you next something? I'm gonna tell you one break. That's not how it works. Got a squeeze in the five minutes out of you. So it is between Chris Hemsworth and Olivia Newton John the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: So it's come down to Chris Hemsworth and Olivia Newton John.
Speaker 3: Calling Christian.
Speaker 4: Hello, Christian, it's James Corden and John.
Speaker 6: Hey, Christian, It's Chris Hemsworth.
Speaker 4: Christian is Tony Hadley and mate.
Speaker 6: Christians are grant.
Speaker 7: All right, So we just announced them from your votes over the weekend, thousands of you went online to cast your vote. Thank you very much. Honorable runners up to James Corden, Agro and Tony Hadley all weekend is between these two Chris Hemsworth and Olivia Newton John. The winner of the first ever who's calling Christian get the twenty thousand dollars for the charity of their choice is it's a Olivia Newton John and she's on the line. Now, great reaction. Oh that one.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much. Thank you everybuddy. That's going to mean a lot to the Tanta. I'm very happy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you've won the twenty thousand, and you won the vote. You captured a lot of hearts when you came on as well, Olivia Newton John. Olivia, you've beaten four. Sorry I said you've beaten four. You've been Chris Hamsworth. Your powers are still strong.
Speaker 5: Oh my, that's lovely. That's lovely. Well, it's always nice to doing something for the center. So I'm very happy and very grateful to you for doing this, and grateful to Ryan for nominating me and such a sweet boy.
Speaker 7: So tell us about the twenty thousand dollars and how that money will go at your wellness and research center, Olivia.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know what exactly it will do yet, but I will talk to them about a particular program that maybe it could encourage. We could do some more artwork or some more accupuncture or message for people, or it could probably that would be where it will go to the wellness programs.
Speaker 7: It's amazing what you've done with the charity and the foundation. And how are you right now? Are you on holiday? What are you up to?
Speaker 5: I'm fabious, thank you. I'm feeling really well. I'm at home and just enjoying. We're having a kind of a really hot spell here in California, so I'm just enjoying that at the moment. And why did you? Fabulous? I can't wait to come out of the Australia next month for the walk in October in the Alexander Gardens for the Cancerborness Research Run. So I'm looking forward.
Speaker 1: To that a lot.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm going to be doing that. I think the team here on this show are all going to come along. We're all going to be doing the walk as well.
Speaker 5: Oh fabulous, great, thank you.
Speaker 7: And I will be trying to bid on some of your clothing from Greece as well when that auction starts in November. I am primed and ready to go, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there are options coming up in November, and I'm really excited. There's fliming, the interruptioning off things from my movie from Greece, across the jacket and pants, which is my big the big thing that it started with. But lock of.
Speaker 7: You, we'll try and get about. That's a Newton John. Then she is the winner. That's your winner for who's calling Christian. Twenty thousand dollars goes to her amazing Wellness and Research Center, which is a great cause, one amazing thing for her to do as well. We'll try and get a Livi Newton John back on also to find out. It's quite an interesting story too about the guy that nominated her and got on to give us a call, Ryan Stewart. What he's going to be doing with his twenty thousand dollars. I believe she said last time that he's going to give half of his money. But bear in mind, you know this twenty thousand dollars for Ryan, it's up to him what he does with it. That's the competition that he said he's going to give half of his money, ten thousand dollars to Olivia's charity, the Wellness and Research Center. We'll try and get Olivia back next the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: Hey, we're just announced her and Olivia Newton John is your winner of Who's Calling Christian. She wins the twenty thousand dollars which is all going to her wellness and Research center, which does amazing work. And the line's a bit sketchy. She's currently enjoying some holiday time in California but wanted to hear the big news, so we're just to just get a bat. The line just broke up. Olivia, can you hear me? Yes, we can still hear you. We've still got you, Olivia Newton John. We just want to say well done, thank you.
Speaker 5: I'm very excited. Thank you for everyone that and thank you for generosity of the money. Very very grateful people.
Speaker 7: Very moved by what you've done with your life, Olivington John. And hopefully when you're in Melbourne, before you're doing your walk at the Botanical Gardens, you can come in on the show. We'll have the cash waiting for you as well.
Speaker 5: In cash. Did you say this sounds really good?
Speaker 7: Yes? What we're going to do is we're going to catch up with Ryan, who I understand is going to give half of his winnings as well to your charity as well, which is incredibly generous.
Speaker 5: That is very generous.
Speaker 7: All right, we'll let you go now, Elivi Newton John. Well done, Hopefully we'll see you soon.
Speaker 5: Take care, yes, and please thank Ryan, give him my love and to his mum, and thank him for nominating me and turn of Steam in Vegas and thank.
Speaker 7: You, thank you for giving us a call and doing this as well. Enjoy the rest of your day, Olivington John, well done, Thank you Bye.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: So a great winner, deserving winner, amazing winner, what amazing spirit person Olivi Newton John is. And so if you want to do a walk some of you just emailed me. When is it Sunday, the sixth of October, you're going to join us? Pats, you're gonna do that?
Speaker 10: Yeah, definitely, all of us are heading there.
Speaker 7: Yeah. You can find out more on our website, which you can easily find on the internet, or the charity work the foundation that twenty thousand dollars is going to. Let's catch up now then with the guy Ryan who's won twenty thousand dollars himself. He is the listener that got Olivia to call us for who's calling Christian? He's in Bentley. Good morning, Ryan, good morning, Hey, well done.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, I'm shaking like a leaf. You've got no idea. I've never won anything in my life.
Speaker 7: Ah that's even sweeter then, So can you believe it? Olivie Newton John, she won, you know what.
Speaker 6: She's just such an amazing odd legend and also one of the nicest people I've ever met in my entire life. So she deserves it more than anyone in the world. I mean, obviously, you know Chris and at the other contestants were they're amazing as well, but Olivia John is just just an Aussie battler, and you know, the obsies always get behind, you know, things like that.
Speaker 7: So oh god, well said, do you know what Ryan. I know you obviously trying to try to take it on him, but that was really well said. I think that's exactly what she symbolized and what she characterized as well, those that spirit and those veins, absolutely.
Speaker 6: And so positive all the time, with the amount of adversity she's gone through, and she's just so positive all the time, and she's just you know, every time I speak to her, and we do gigs together, and you know, we've done red carpets and whatnot, and I'm always like, hello, Olivia Newton John and she's like, Ryan, you don't have to say my name, like the whole name, the whole time.
Speaker 7: But she insist, yes, so ran thing about it is and so like I.
Speaker 6: Might ramble, I'm sorry, I'm just so nervous, which is weird being a performer. But she she'll stop and ask me, like on the Red carpet, you know, how is Yvonne my mum who went through breast cancer? And I'm like, how do you remember my mom's name? You're Alivi Newton John. It's just unbelievable, and I just go, God, how can someone be so sweet?
Speaker 7: And how did you first get to know her? What's the connection?
Speaker 3: Mate?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 6: I was at Chipindel in Vegas.
Speaker 7: And how do you work? Do you get sacked?
Speaker 6: Did you know I had to have two knee surgeries? So well, I'm not fat, but you have the couch for a year. Yeah, I had to. I busted my knee during the show, and how is that?
Speaker 7: Backstage? Afterwards? Or what are you doing with those knees? Is it when you throw yourself and do that thing? I see magic?
Speaker 6: I think it's, you know, wearing terror of a dancer over twenty years.
Speaker 7: So tell me about it. This is my story to my niece blow out when I danced with strangers. I just dance for cash. I danced because right you're when you're in your peak or thank you Ryan, yeah for honoring my story. So you blew out your knees being a chip and down in Vegas?
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, well, I mean in the show, there are twelve guys and there are too ten of them, generally the guys that do a lot of the undressing, and there are two of us that were the professional dancers. So while they're getting ready for the next set, we would be doing the dance moves, like the intricate dance moves, and yeah, ten shows a week, weren't.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So that's it.
Speaker 6: Snapped in the middle of a routine and.
Speaker 3: What do you do? Can you?
Speaker 7: Can you fall to as they think it's some sort of part of the show. I look at that guy there crying take offs a.
Speaker 2: Tour, Micha Olivia.
Speaker 7: I just kept going, you're a Trooper. The show must go on.
Speaker 3: That's what we do, all right.
Speaker 7: So Ryan, how did you? How did you meet Olivia? And John was? She won the shows doing cash It.
Speaker 6: Actually, oddly enough, I was again our publicist was her publicist, and I was having breakfast one morning with him and she just happened to walk downstairs and he didn't tell me that this is happening. And it was in Melbourne, and I was. I flew home from my dad's sixt years and shout out to my dad, who's listening. We listened to the show every day. Hey dad, But.
Speaker 7: It's her dad's name, Andre Andre. Good morning, mister Andre. Yeah, carry on. So yeah, yeah, she walked to the breakfast.
Speaker 6: She just came down and sat next to Michael and I didn't know, and she's like, hello, I'm Olivia. And I went hello, Sandra DD and she's ordering her poached eggs and you know, orange juice. And I just sat there like under the table, and I'm texting like my mom because my mum actually looks identical. And people when I posted photos of Livia, they're like, oh, that's your mom. Why are you saying something about Olivia. I'm like, no, that's Olivia and I text her. I'm like, I'm having breakfast with Olivia. Mom's like, well, my day is less interesting than yours, and.
Speaker 7: So and so you struck up a friendship then, and that's how you cool.
Speaker 6: When she told us through and you know, obviously three Chip and Nails and we were doing we always would do, you know, charity events and you know, the walkathons and all that sort of stuff with her, and she'd come to the show. We'd go to her show and I took my mom to see her show in Vegas and she took us back after a sound check and she, you know, wanted to meet my mom and see how she was going. And we were in the dressing room and my parents don't they're from the Burbs, so they don't get celebrity, and they were fan going out so.
Speaker 7: Bad, and yeah, your mom's had breast cancer. She's okay.
Speaker 6: Now she's doing really really well. Yeah, she's in nuclear that's good. But even you know, aside from that, one of my friends from high school, his daughter has got a really rare form of cancer and she's just turned eighteen. And Olivia even sent videos to me to her just saying, you know, hanging there, you'll get better. And you know, she did for my mom, did it for my dad for his sixtieth birthday. She's just honestly the sweetest woman in the world, and you would never know that she was a celebrity. And it just it just takes my breath away that, you know, I could even ask her to do this and she you know, she just I just love her to death.
Speaker 7: It's incredible, Toll. I'm glad you're telling us all this, because it's one thing when someone you see what they do in the public eye, but I think it's even more reveeeling about who people are, is how they are. Those quiet moments aren't the showy moments that aren't for pr or anything like that. And hearing about what she does. This is a woman who is has got stage four you know, cancer herself, has been through a really tough time of it. I saw on the you know, the sixteen minutes interview. I didn't real as well. For a while, sciatica was so bad she couldn't walk and she had to teach us how to walk again. And then she's stilling all this, you know, serving and helping other people. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, I had no idea either. And you know, I'm very close friends with Michael who per Guy, and you know, she wants to keep everything private and that just goes to show that when you see her, and that's it's just she's so private, but at the same time she's such a celebrity. But she's just doing it and getting on with it. And you know, even in the interview with her when she called in, she's like, every day is a blessing. Just waking up is the best part of the day. And you know, Chloe is amazing as well. I've met her a bunch of times, and it's just it's rare to find people that positive these days.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it is, sadly, Yeah, there's something we can all learn from a living net and John absolutely. Now, Ryan, obviously your friendship, is that right? You're going to give so the twenty thousand dollars that's yours.
Speaker 6: No, oh, god, get I have to give back. I have to give back, not that I you know, have to have to, but I want to. You know, I've seen people so many people struggle with it, especially my mum and also you know, my friend's daughter that's struggling with it as well. And you know, like, it's great and it's free money, but it's it's money I didn't have yesterday and it's something to give back. And I'm also I'm going to donate to the RSPCA because I'm an animal freak and I'm going to go and rescue a puppy. Good on you, Yeah, I just you know, it's just do good with it, give back, pay it forward.
Speaker 7: So you were going to do that, You're going to give ten thousand dollars of your twenty thousand two Olivia's charity.
Speaker 6: Absolutely.
Speaker 7: I don't know anyone else that would do that. Is quite incredible, Ryan, Oh no, I.
Speaker 6: Mean, you know again, shout out to my parents's the way I was raised, and you give back. You see people struggling, and you know I don't. I don't have any ailments like that, so I would rather help someone else it does.
Speaker 7: That's incredible. You're an amazing man and a great winner for this as well. Are Yeah. Very peace to you, living John, and very peace for you as well.
Speaker 3: Ryan.
Speaker 7: And then tell me this. We're going to be doing the walk Olivia's Walking October. You're more than welcome to join us, but I don't know with your knees, whether we need to.
Speaker 6: I've got like a whole new one. I got some I got some dead person's knee apparently.
Speaker 7: I hope they get their consent. You didn't just rip it off them. Why are you touching my knees?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, actually on that topic, sorry, just quickly, my brother sadly passed away not long ago. He was he was an organ donor and we didn't realize, but he actually saved another seven lives out of that. So again, when that sort of stuff happens, you go, you know what, just give back.
Speaker 7: Your family have been through some stuff, Ryan, Your poor MoMA and dad. I can't help me thinking mom and dad on training a vet. That is that's a lot for your to go through.
Speaker 6: Yep, yep, absolutely, and you know, and but they're getting through it. I mean each day is different, but they're really really strong people. And that's what I've learned from him, and that's where you know, I get my roots from.
Speaker 7: So hopefully you can bring them along and we can all do the walk together. To do the walk with us, will we all do it together?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Absolutely, that would be great. All right, Well, listen, Ryan, thank you very much. You're a great winner, great spirit as well, like Olivia Newton John, it was meant to be so glad that she wanted and glad you're doing what you're doing with your money as well, and lovely to talk to you as well. For someone who's very nervous, you sounded like a pro and a You spoke really really well, you Coregs yourself and your amazing mom and dad as well. Ryan, forward to see you soon.
Speaker 6: We listen to your show all the time and it's fantastic.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Ryan.
Speaker 7: We'll see you somebody well done.
Speaker 6: All right, cheers, thank you by.
Speaker 1: The Christian oh Connor Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 7: Three that we're all talk trying to take in Ryan's chat. It's one thing the amazingness of Olivia Newton John come back on your Winner on Who's calling Christian and then Ryan's story of so many stories it made me feel like it was a caller on Wednesdays makers say wow. Yeah, I don't know about five wow moments in there. A gorgeous young man. He was a great winner as well, and credit to her. It sounds like an amazing family as well. However, where there's a winner. There are people that didn't win right now, someone this great country. There was a very angry atgro It's even more angry when he hears he hasn't won that twenty k. He is going to be fuming. There's this. I reckon, he's just gone home from that breakfast show, don't you? I mean he couldn't. It was quite happy, just a chat all day along to us and put together three songs. I'd always like to tune into that show right now. And where do you think it leaves? As well? Last week, the day after Chris Hemsworth came on, I get a lovely email from Aaron, who's John's son, who's obviously Chris.
Speaker 2: Is PA, that's the person who nominated Chris.
Speaker 7: And he said, hey, listen, you know Chris willly enjoyed the chat. And if he's not working and he's going to be going to mailbournefore the big UFC fight in October, the Witzaker fight, Robert Witaker fight, he'd love to meet for a bit beforehand. You reckon, that's all over now, goodbye being with him rip be with m O.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 7: Three, So a couple of things that come out are still going to be on the show. To do with Who's Calling Christian Now, we've got to pack away everything else. There'll be no more Claqeson now until next year if we bring it back. Wish. I really hope we do so. Olivia and John was one of your big ones on your top five, so I bet you're made up that she won. Then hearing all those stories.
Speaker 10: Of Ryan about her, I'm thrilled. I'm thrilled for for Olivia and watching all the great work that she does. It's brilliant.
Speaker 7: And a young Jack Post who likes to keep his cards very close to his chest most of the time, was a bit teary eyed on Friday, and I like to see that you have and his heart. When Sheedy was on, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think I was tiery.
Speaker 7: You, but it was nice. And then also it was really nice James and Sherry right. It was a big thing for Jack to get him on the show. For Who's Coming Christian, we got him and tomorrow. I don't want to I don't want to mention any more about this today because today is about Olivia Newton, John winning it and Ryan as well, However, we meant it when we said to James Sherry that we want to try and do a special version film and see if we can get amazing back on our TV screens with James hosting it. We are going to be doing that. We've committed a date, which I'll tell you about tomorrow. It is in the next two weeks, and instead of kids being in it, we're going to cast some of you to be in it. We've even got a location as well. We've been working behind the scenes ahead, which is very unusual for this show thrown together in front of your ears, but this actually almost becomes the food. I've never even said that before doing the radio show because I'm not in peak anymore. You understand them out peak planning. So yeah, tomorrow, we do have a location, we have a date. It's in the next two weeks. We don't have any contestants, but there's a couple of other big things that we need as well, otherwise we won't be able to do that. But I'll give you more details on tomorrow's show. But we are still going to doing that. Brand new Time Wasted Coming up next, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: All right, I went to this morning's brand new at work time wise stuff. We're looking for your cheese bands. Have you done with yours? Jack?
Speaker 2: We're just adding one last minute one wow.
Speaker 7: Fresh out of the oven, Jack person is wonderful weekend live Hi, I've got the bree fifty two's good. Mold play is mold cheese, che moldy Chubby Cheddar and the fat boys Chubby Cheddar.
Speaker 6: Wait what is it?
Speaker 7: Chubby checker, chubby Checker. Now you get it again. You can laugh atroactively on some of these Chubby Cheddar and the fat boys so genuine instead of wheezer. I've got cheese eat dam and the ants and the ants. What have you got Jack for your cheese bands? The grew Yeah, yeah years, Oh nice, Eddie Cheddar a haul Loomian oats boys to manchego very good. That's great. One gold. That was my last minute fresh pie on the oven and fleetwood mac and cheese very good. Yeah, oh gold there all right, send us your cheese bands then two O four seven five three one O four three O four seven five three one oh four three Today sign waster is cheese bands We'll get through yours next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 7: Three, Today's at work time wise, sir, you're ready to mark Ready Cheese Bands, Red Hot Cheesy Peppers Silver, Steve What New Kids on the Block of Cheese, Silver plus that is smart, rob In Melt well done, Mascapony five, Silvil plus, Glenn World Done you, Breeth forty Silver, Lucas up on the Gold Coast, listened to us on the iHeart app. Thank you very much, Elvis Breezeley Gold, Caphilly Collins, God, that is good, Gold, Fondu Ballet, the Who Cut the Cheese? Gold, That's my favorite one. What and Kate Gooda gooda Dolls Goo Goo Dolls Silver, Sean well done, Gooda Charlotte Good Charlotte, Yeah, Silver plus, Feta Fighters Silver, Camember Naked Ladies Gold, Kamember Bacarat Gold, Moza Relica.
Speaker 2: Bronze.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 7: I think there's one last gold wanner here, but I'm not a judging that. Steve comes in right the last minute, just dropped in now to Wayne Box, Ricotta Asley Gold, bow Down everyone.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 7: Three powder Finger My happiness. At least we all now know thanks to Who's Calling Christian, powder Finger won't be reunited. Almost the quickest end to any of the chats that I had was that being shut down on almost the phone going down when Bernard called in right at the end of Thursday's show, wasn't it. He was great though, he's very good. I love that, all right. So the winner, then, your winner of Who's Calling Christian is Olivia Newton John. She gets to twenty thousand dollars and it's for her own charity, the Olivia Newton John Research and Wellness Center, which is right here in Melbourne and Idelboog and earlier on this morning we gave her the good news she was having some will and downtime in La So listen to her reaction and then the real surprise this morning, which everyone is talking about, not just how amazing Olivia Newton John is never think she's trying to do further sufferers of cancer and their families and everyone around them, but also there's a guy called Ryan who we got to know this morning, who is the listener that got her to give us a call. His story alone is a thing of joy this morning. If you missed it, his little recap.
Speaker 3: Calling Christian.
Speaker 7: The winner of the first ever who's calling Christian getting the twenty thousand dollars for the charity of their choice is it's Olivia Newton John and she's on the line now, great reaction.
Speaker 5: Oh that one.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: Thank you everybody. That's going to mean a lot to the Tana. I'm very happy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you've won the twenty thousand, and you won the vote. You capture a lot of hearts when you came on as well, Olivia Newton John, you've beaten four, You've beating Chris Hemsworth your how is this still strong?
Speaker 5: Oh that's lovely. That's lovely. Well, it's nice seeing something for the center. So I'm very happy and very grateful to you for doing this, and grateful to Ryan for nominating me and such a sweet boy.
Speaker 7: Hopefully when you're in Melbourne, before you're doing your walk the Botanical Gardens, you can come in on the show. We'll have the cash waiting for you as well.
Speaker 5: In cash, did you say that sounds really good?
Speaker 7: Yes. What we're going to do is we're going to catch up with Ryan, who I understand is going to give half of his winnings as well to your charity as well, which is incredibly generous.
Speaker 5: That is very generous.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Ryan, good morning. Hey, well done.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, I'm shaking like a leaf. You've got no idea. I've never won anything in my life.
Speaker 7: Ah, that's even sweeter than so can you believe it? Olivington John, she won, you know what.
Speaker 6: She's just such an amazing bozzy legend and also one of the nicest people I've ever met in my entire life. So she does it more than anyone in the world. I mean, obviously, you know Chris and at the other contestants were they're amazing as well, but Olivia John is just just an Aussie battler and you know, the oddies always get behind, you know, things like that.
Speaker 7: So oh god, well said, do you know what, Ryan? I know you obviously trying to try to take it all in, but that was really well said. I think that's exactly what she symbolized and what she characterized as well, those that spirit and those venus.
Speaker 6: Absolutely and so positive all the time, with the amount of adversity she's gone through and She's just so positive all the time, and she's just you know, every time I speak to her, and we do gigs together and you know, we've done red carpets and whatnot, and I'm always like, Hello, Olivia Newton John and she's like, Ryan, you don't have to say my name, like the whole name, the whole time.
Speaker 7: But she stood insist yes. And how did you first get to know her? What's the connection?
Speaker 3: Mate?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 6: I wasn't Chivendel in Vegas, all.
Speaker 7: Right, So Ryan, how did you put how did you meet Olivia? And John? Was she one the show string cash at you?
Speaker 6: Actually? Oddly enough I was again our publicist was her publicist, and I was having breakfast one morning with him and she just happened to walk downstairs and he didn't tell me that this is happening. And it was in Melbourne, and I was I flew home for my dad's sixty years. She's like, hello, I'm Olivia, and I went Hello, Sandra D. And she's ordering her poached eggs and you know, orange juice, and I just sat there like under the table and I texted her. I'm like, I'm hovering breakfast with Olivia and Mom's like, well, my day is less interesting than yours, so.
Speaker 7: You were going to do that. You're going to give ten thousand dollars of your twenty thousand to Olivia's charity.
Speaker 6: I have to give back. I've seen people so many people struggle with it, especially my mum and also you know my friend's daughter that's struggling with it as well. And you know, like it's great and it's free money, but it's money I didn't have yesterday, and it's something to give back. Just do good with it, give back, pay it forward.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 7: I don't know anyone else that would do that. Is quite incredible, Ryan.
Speaker 6: Again, shout out to my parents. That's the way I was raised. And you give back. You see people struggling and you know I don't have any ailments like that, so I would rather help someone else it does.
Speaker 7: That's incredible. You're an amazing man and a great winner for this as well.
Speaker 3: Who's who's calling.
Speaker 1: Christian the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: So I deserved winner. And if you heard Ryan, who's the listener got Olivia Newton John onto the show. She was the big winner today. Your winner on Who's Calling Christian, she gets to twenty thousand dollars and Ryan's given away half of his twenty thousand and two her charity as well, which is quite incredible. We are back to my mind. It would have five to but Tuesday, and we'll also tell you more about the special version we want to film with you and James Sherry of Amazing. We have a location, we've got a date next week when we're looking to do this. We just need a few other big things you to help us out with so we can actually try and do this properly as well. Title of today's show is when Man Peek Huggies coming up next. Have a great day. Thanks for listening and thanks for voting in Who's Calling Christian as well.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three