Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast, Mildon's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Why from Richmond Gold one four point three HQG Melbourne, Australia, Procusting to the world for.
Speaker 3: Christian the innocent pleasure of that slice process. Geez early, I think Breakfast Show in the bog starts four minutes past six Monday morning. Come on, it's to Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show Hobe. You all had a great weekend. Good morning Jack Post.
Speaker 2: Good morning Christian. How did you go this weekend? I saw you lugging up that mattress up the stairs like you had so much equipment in furniture to move this weekend.
Speaker 3: All it's been is unpacking, shifting, carrying, But we are now entirely unpacked.
Speaker 2: Oh well done.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: If you did it feel like home yet?
Speaker 1: The new Yeah?
Speaker 3: Got it feels so good. I hadn't, you know, my wife and I and our youngest daughter a little but yesterday we was sat down having tea and we all just went, God, what is about this place? This feels a lot more relaxing.
Speaker 4: Oh good.
Speaker 3: You know the rental place we've had for last year, it was actually a very dark oppressive energy to it in this place, got so much natural light. We've just moved house, and it's so nice to move into your own home, especially when you've moved the other side of the world. I don't know what it is. May maybe knowing that this is our home now and it's not somebody else's home. It's got our stuff in it, and we can repaint some of it, and oh god, it's been really, really nice. However, still getting to the use of the new house. Whenever you move, whether it's to rent somewhere or it takes you a while just to actually land in it. Yep.
Speaker 2: It's always the lights, which as I find again, you're flicking lights, which is and something's turning off in a different room.
Speaker 3: So you remember Friday, I said how I got trapped in the bathroom. I couldn't work out how to get out. I had to actually call for my wife at four point thirty am. Today I had another one. This time I can get in and out of the bathroom. But the bedroom is so dark, which is lovely going and to stay it and find myself going to sleep a lot quicker. It's pitch black. I couldn't seriously work out where the door was to get out, so again I had to call it out, wife, going, you're right in the very tense way. Okay, I really sorry. I can't work out where the door is. Turn the light on, light goes, I went, oh there is okay, doggy' by are you annoyingly?
Speaker 4: You need the light on your phone? That's what I did.
Speaker 3: But I think that's a horrible way that's going to wake up Sarah, my wife as well. If it is shining around a torch in me coming around the room, it's scary. It's a horrible way to wake up. The real though, the real issue I have, and I need some advice for people this morning is Loura Keats. What can you tell them about these beautiful looking animals? But what is with the stupid screeching that the chorus that now wakes me up about six a m. Saturday and Sunday. This awful shi out there, it's like a screeching. Then. I don't know what they're doing, whether it's mating or they're just trying to be louder than the other guy next to them, but just that there's a there's a tree right outside our bedroom windows.
Speaker 2: It must be the type of tree you have, but you haven't up a tree down.
Speaker 3: No, but what can you do to deter them from going around there? What can I do?
Speaker 4: You need a fake out?
Speaker 3: Well, I noticed that you brought the rought.
Speaker 4: Him in for you.
Speaker 5: We had a shocking problem with pigeons poohing all over our deck. No, seriously, it was a really big problem. We had to PreCure spray every couple of days.
Speaker 4: You couldn't eat out there. It was our health, is it really?
Speaker 3: And we were so attracted about your deck is a kind of toilet for the pitcheon?
Speaker 4: No idea what the issue was.
Speaker 5: So we got someone, one of the neighbors said get this fake out and we went, yeah, right, So we went to Bunning's and got him.
Speaker 4: It was only ten bucks or something, and you're filling.
Speaker 5: With water so he doesn't tip over his plastic with these big googly eyes and it scares them away.
Speaker 3: Why is the pitcheon scared of just anail this that doesn't move? I think because it's.
Speaker 5: A bigger bird, so they think it's I don't know, maybe going to attack.
Speaker 3: It worked on the pigeons never came back.
Speaker 4: Never came back. Haven't had a problem since. Do you think they moved next door.
Speaker 3: Not your problem, not in my backyard. Do you think it's going to work with the Laura key? Are they also going to be frightened of the big the big guy the out here?
Speaker 4: I reckon it will?
Speaker 2: Now? Is this your hour that you've bought in?
Speaker 3: Pats?
Speaker 2: So will the pigeons come back overnight?
Speaker 4: They might go to Christian's house?
Speaker 3: So what you think? I just attached this in the tree.
Speaker 5: You can hang him. We just sit him on our water feature. You can put him anywhere.
Speaker 3: Hang on, you've got a water feature?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What do you mean you've got a water like?
Speaker 4: You know, a fountain thing?
Speaker 3: You've got a fountain? Hang on a minute? You always going? Now? You're not paid enough? Can you go word with the boss again? Some more money? I want to be in a Mercedes like Fifi I have. Have you got a water feature? Wave got a water feature? It's a tap? I've got outside tap. What do you mean you've got a fountain? What kind of fountain?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: It's like this ripple.
Speaker 5: It's beautiful actually, and we've got pots either side of it. But the trouble is it goes and the water goes all mankey, it goes all green and the dog ins his drinking out of it.
Speaker 4: I don't know why.
Speaker 3: Honestly, your life, your home life out there, I can never hear enough. But you need like a YouTube channel. He's bigger than bigger than Kardashians.
Speaker 1: I'd rather watch that the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three Gold one oh four point three for Apple Music. I don't know sales, tim I had a big deal there, I mean, and i't mean funny. Normally the show is sponsored like from by the Morabin Leather Warehouse suddenly Apple Music. I mean, I know we should be like, yeah, of course the show is worthy of, you know, Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show, Apple Music. It sounds equal the relationship. But I mean that's isn't that.
Speaker 2: Curry house you went to in Sydney the other way?
Speaker 3: Till pain off, guys, yees, payoff. Still be happy to have Morabin Leather Warehouse back on the show at any time. Perphasly, how did all these birthday party go the on Friday you were telling us about the Saturday which was the spa party.
Speaker 5: Yeah, eighth birthday party with nice of her dearest little friends started.
Speaker 4: Very early, too early.
Speaker 5: So woke up about four am Saturday morning to a commotion in the other end of the house. Got up and she was getting dressed. The said party Christmas day, Christmas?
Speaker 4: Where's the Christmas Day?
Speaker 3: But that excitement just to get on with the day day, So what was she was actually getting ready?
Speaker 4: She was getting dressed, she was getting her dress on.
Speaker 2: What did you do well?
Speaker 5: I said, note till and it's still dark outside. No need to pop back in the bed.
Speaker 3: Got the owl on you.
Speaker 2: You don't sleep, that's another friend who's not coming to the party.
Speaker 4: Get the cattle brought out.
Speaker 5: So put her back into bed, and of course everyone else went back to sleep except for me.
Speaker 3: But it was the water feature on all.
Speaker 4: No, the water feature wasn't. No, it wasn't.
Speaker 5: So anyway, we got up and going eventually, of course, it was over in Essendon at a beautiful little party room.
Speaker 4: Picked the cake up on the way.
Speaker 5: All was going smooth until we got the cake. So we got there. It wasn't ready, that's not She hadn't done it, like it was.
Speaker 3: You hadn't done it. It was you order it.
Speaker 4: Three weeks ago, paid a fortune.
Speaker 2: That's you forgotten about you.
Speaker 5: No, she was just tarty. So she just had this pink slab three weeks.
Speaker 3: I got one job, your cat maker make the cake.
Speaker 5: I was, well, you know what the panda's like when the panda's not happy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also not being funny. I don't know what's going on with you. Thursday and Friday, right, old moon, I don't know what it was, but big old moo cow, very angry, angry lady head off. You told me three times, so you get that. You upset a mama, a mama cub and no birthday cake. What did you do?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 5: I couldn't do much because Audrey was there and I didn't want to spoil a day.
Speaker 4: But basically it.
Speaker 3: Was she dead now, then she will.
Speaker 4: Be when I bring up I didn't do it right there?
Speaker 3: And then did you beat her to death with that? That's why you brought the owling. And you get to the DNA, I'll give it to the pommy, but you can take a fall. Why is the BrainLes on this? And cake?
Speaker 6: That very violent?
Speaker 5: But early on a Monday morning, so it was just a pink slab of icing, right.
Speaker 4: So she had to quickly throw all the bits on it.
Speaker 3: Or she were holding her head.
Speaker 4: Right then I get in the car.
Speaker 5: I had to nurse the thing all the way to Essend and there was a prang on the ring road that was closed. So then we had an argument in the car about which way to go. Mom and Day, Grandma and Granddad were with us. They're just like not game to say a word.
Speaker 4: So anyway, we get.
Speaker 5: There because of course we didn't want to be there late because it's very rude, and I guess you're.
Speaker 3: You're trying to downregulate your stress and the anger about the cake because there's all these days.
Speaker 5: She's in the cranking out in a sweat. I just wanted to explode. Anyway, we got there, but do you know what happened with the cake once we opened the box? That made the icing like the frost too thin and.
Speaker 2: Half of the collapse it had collapsed sweated or something.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: So anyway, we got the lady from the party room. We've got like this spatchela trying to make it look half decent.
Speaker 3: Instead of happy birthday, order said that happy birthday Andrew or.
Speaker 4: Something like that.
Speaker 5: So anyway, you know how you do the cake at the last thing before the kids go home and they get their little treats.
Speaker 4: We had to do it.
Speaker 5: At the start because we didn't know how long it would stand up, and the kids were really confused, and order is like, don't we normally she wants to go now just got here anyway, Look it was just a cake.
Speaker 4: But yeah, she's gonna copy.
Speaker 3: I did already have a lovely spar She had.
Speaker 4: The best day, This great group of little girls. They had the best time. That's the main thing.
Speaker 3: Seriously, why is their dried blood on that The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one four point three. So Jack has decided with his wife Bianca, of next twelve months to tick off one classic movie a that are going to watch. So the other weekend it was good for us and he gave.
Speaker 2: That nine out of ten great, loved it, loved it, and we were going to watch this weekend the Green Mile, which I told everyone on Friday, people playing at home, but it was over. It's three hours, nine minutes long, and on a Friday night it was long. Yeah, that was too long for me.
Speaker 3: Hang on week you said it was, you're about to say it was already eight o'clock. So all right, Cinderetta, Well after eleven o'clock. What time it must be? I think it's eight fifteen.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even Friday Saturday. We watched on Saturday.
Speaker 3: One hundred and five. Oh god, what if do you think it's it's not time. It's not eight thirty, so you think it's like so it was, so you decided to go again.
Speaker 2: So we went for the ninety six minute hour and a half length twelve angry men.
Speaker 3: Oh that's great. Oh result, by course ten.
Speaker 2: We will get to the green eventually. But I tell you what, twelve angry men. That's ten out of ten from us.
Speaker 3: It's a great You know when they say a classic movie the Facts in black and white, it's from nineteen fifty seven. It's a courtroom drama that really is just one scene. Isn't the hottest day of the year if I remember.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, ninety three out of the ninety six minutes takes place all in one room, in the jurors room.
Speaker 3: You hardly see the trial. We see a bit, if I remember right, there's a bit of the judge doing some summary insummation, but it's all about the jurors arguing. There's no special effects. There's no cgi, there's.
Speaker 2: No action, there's hardly anything. It's a black and white movie, all taking place in one room. But this storytelling is so engaging. It actually it proves that storytelling and performances are by far the most important thing in a film, and all the special effects and big budgets is really just dressing on top. But it was so strong, the story is so strong. We just loved it.
Speaker 3: It's worth digging out again. I might have to see it again because all about if I'm a Rightley Henry is each you remember number eight, the first one who delivers the verdict of non guilty.
Speaker 2: That's right, he's the only one. He's going to convince the rest of the eleven of them.
Speaker 3: And it's all about the personality clashes because they're all from different backgrounds, and it's it's just on the personality conflict and the dialogue and the body language. There's nothing else that goes on.
Speaker 2: And he chips away at each jury other one by one. It's a fantastic film.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, So where are you going to go from? Sidney Lumier was the brilliant genius director one an Oscar Hey, guess how much money that costs back in nineteen fifty seven to make a movie like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's going to be one of the cheapest movies ever made. Yeah, besides paying for the actors.
Speaker 3: Well, there's only one of them only Henry Fonder was the big well known actor. The rest of them, like even a guy Jack Kookman who went on to become a Quincy MD is one of the jury members in as well. The wrest of them were just dropping actors right. Well, then it's going to be one of the cheapest films every three hundred thousand dollars. Yeah, and it won an Oscar. And you look at any top one hundred of the greatest movies of all time, it's always top twenty or top thirty. I saw a top ten, because we're going to be talking about just now. I just typed in twelve Angry Men and I saw that it's in a top ten. It's at number one in courtroom drama movies. How can we even name ten? You've got a few good men I can't remember anymore.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three, some good footy of the weekend. I enjoyed your mob the Bombers game Friday night.
Speaker 2: I love the Hawthorne Essendon match.
Speaker 3: That's a great game. That's a third quarter. Yeah, and are your lads is it Zach Merritt spent on some masterclass to keep you guys in finals contention. But I thought it was a great game.
Speaker 2: And it almost bubbled over at the end of the third quarter. I mean, we had Crawfin here in the morning of and after he left we started watching the vision of like the line in the sand mash and the different brawls that Essendon and Hawthorne have had over time. It almost tipped over that. But there's too many fines and stuff now that the players don't really want to do.
Speaker 3: What's to deal with the pinching?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, every week when I think I'm getting up to speed with this sport, there's suddenly a guy climbing a gold post and shaking it now pinching another guy.
Speaker 4: As a brain snap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, just defending some bad by your own kid.
Speaker 4: He's stomped on the guy and then gave a rude gesture. It's like he just went on.
Speaker 3: But what about the pinching.
Speaker 2: Premeditated? I think we're talking about Ben Stratton, the Hall captain. He did he did stomp on Sean mccerneth's foot. Okay, that could be outrage, but the pinching is like there was off the ball as well.
Speaker 3: And you see he's got like twelve like bruises on there where you really got to grab. Those are horrible somethings people used to do, the bigger kids used to do at school.
Speaker 2: And well, your daughter's playing footy now, it's like that's the stuff the kids pick up when they watched.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was so. She played twice at the weekend. She played for the school team on Saturday and then she played yesterday for Hampton Rovers, her local footy team. And she absolutely loves playing footy, right, she is really really into it. Highlight of her weekend. She loves it. But yesterday she has been stamped on by the girl she's playing on. They pull hair. I was watching on the weekend. I saw girls punching each other and I'll just say what I saw light in their boots.
Speaker 4: Oh no, oh yeah they are.
Speaker 3: I don't know what they're working out issues or but they are. They're going for hell for leather. Yesterday's game, though, Lois's team. They lost, but Lois got mana matches the best as and Fairest. Oh so pleased for her. You know, she's still learning about the game. She's been moved from defense into midfield now and she was smashing these other girls anyway. As part of the ceremony afterwards in the in the locker room, right, she got a grilled voucher for a free burger.
Speaker 2: Reminds me of being a kid when you were the best on your basketball team, you would get.
Speaker 3: Was made up about the free grilled burger at Southland and that Gil McLaughlin and they've had a tough weekend. You're a lot of Cristism. I reckon that the D's would play a bit harder if they knew that if they've got another win, or just one win, they might get a free burger grilled Southland. That's what Gil needs to do.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three written the newspapers today. Have you guys seen us? You've seen this pats about the small little light aircraft and added an emergency landing the golf course next to Marabin Airport. Yes, I mean I know, it's that course that they land on is a very postial. It's very hard to get get on there. But you can't be just crashing the plane on there and suddenly going out with your clubs, so just playing through. But it's the footage is amazing, the photo it all. I was reading it because I was like, well, that's amazing. And the emergency services obviously you can't just drive on a nice fairway, you're ruin it. This. The paramedics had to get in golf buggies. Really imagine that. I'm sorry your dad hasn't made it. We couldn't get there quick enough traveling it. Well, they got about one k an hour a golf buggy. We're coming, could you hurry. We're still we'll be there shortly once you each here about five hours at this.
Speaker 5: It's not like the ambulance is going to do donuts on the course or anything.
Speaker 3: But great big ambulance. Those beautiful rolling fairways, you know, that's why even when you've got to wear certain shoes that are on there, you know.
Speaker 2: You know, grains keepers. Remember we wanted to land a skydiver the Grand Final that we did, and they wouldn't have it because they're worried.
Speaker 3: About if the parachuter has died, the damage that his falling body would due to the oval turf, not that he would die, what it would do to the season. But anyway, I'm talking to you, sa Brad about this morning on the way in Okay. And do you see that you know that road from us where we are now we're having an airport. A plane just crashed land on the golf course next to me, goes ah, here that happens? Is that right? Does it actually happen? He said a lot that the planes are often well yeah, or just like they said, there's like a lot of houses right next to the airport. You often get planes like dropping in the background garden or crashing into the house. No, you do.
Speaker 4: There's been a number of incidents there has over the years.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, Well, if you listen to the show right now and you're a resident of Morabin or near around their old center Dandenong road, is he telling me the truth or is he confused? Again? Just bear in mind that twenty minutes before he picked me up, he crashed into his neighbour's car, as he said, because he said he got confused.
Speaker 2: How cars the reverse sensor was confusing him.
Speaker 3: What's that? Why is it getting louder? As like as that large metallic object in the rearview mirror gets bigger, the two almost bang. All right? Do planes just drop into your garden if you live out at Moraba near the airport? Nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So the new say, small aircraft, I do an emergency landing, not at Marabin Airport, but the golf course next to it. Everyone's all fine, but the emergency services obviously couldn't just tear up on an ambulance onto the greens, so they had to get on golf buggies. Producer Brads Casually this morning, when I told him about the story, went, oh, yeah, that happens, does it? Is this a frequent thing? Partentsy just came in. You were taking calls. You don't think which as we sort of beatles in, just drops a big old truth bomb walks out. She went, They trained pilots.
Speaker 2: There's the learners. You reckon.
Speaker 3: John, Good morning morning Christian John. What can you tell me about this?
Speaker 7: I could sort of go on for half an hour, but just quickly. It was stationed to Clayton for quite a few years. Fire We go to retire now. But we had probably three crashes in the golf course. The most interesting one was probably sort of light that might a b eleven o'clock at night, We've got a call for a plane crash. We're coming down Cena Daniel on the road and we had no idea whether it was a host call or whatever. And there's this guy waving to us just on the side of the road, and so he pulled over and yeah, it was a pilot. It run out of fuel, missed the airport landing area by about one hundred meters, you know, really bad luck. Yeah, we just had to look through the trees. Is just plane sort of stuck in the middle of the trees. Pilot was fine, unbelievable. Air pilot was fine.
Speaker 3: How do you run out of fuel? I mean you didn't out? Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think he just pressed his like a little bit too much and.
Speaker 3: Though it just rolls to you know, it slows down. Crash. It isn't it a plane any running out of fuel? That's bad news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess you can glide to the airport. But if you don't make it, you've got to land.
Speaker 7: On the golf Yeah, yeah, I think there's regulations about the amount of fuel you've got to have left your tink when you land.
Speaker 3: But tell me this right then you'd be the man. And you can't just you can't just drive out on the fairway for golf course, can you?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 7: I remember years ago there was a sculpt was the course sky show. It was like a coordinated music to fireworks and I was stationed in South Melbourne at the time and just after the fireworks started, we got a call for fires and all the palm trees through the Old Park golf course right fireworks were coming down. They were landing in the palm trees catching fire. So there were about three trucks spent about an hour and a half very carefully riding through the Old Park golf course putting out all these fires. A couple of days later we get this call from the hire up in the food chain and the Firebrigate calling us in saying because one hundred and fifty thousand dollars worth of damage, we destroyed the reticulation system. The sprinkles are just below the surface, so the trucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it is in your argument, John, we got to put out the fire. We can't get like we can't get into golf buggies with buckets of.
Speaker 3: Water, super social nerve guns.
Speaker 7: Yeah maybe I was put the ladders up the trees and with a bucket of water and just tip it in. But there Yeah, no, that was so we looked the hard So that's why you don't go through golf courses in high trucks.
Speaker 3: Now we know we listen, John, I really appreciate it giving us a call.
Speaker 7: Have a good week mate, No, it's great, show you too.
Speaker 3: Bye, thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We need to speak to camping legends. Camping is really important here and people love it and in the UK. Me and my family we've only been camping once and we didn't know what we're doing. It to borrow a lot of equipment and it went so badly to six in the morning, I was packing up the tent. We just drove home. We went to start the whole weekend. We just had the wrong gear. We didn't know what we were doing right. The kids are all moaning all night and they didn't want to be and it was one of those tents as well that hasn't got like the individual dividing rooms or anything like that. We're all just so you really don't want to wake up. What is that horrible ping noise to see your old man sat in a party? Go and go back to sleep. Nothing to see here. It's just it's just not nice anybody. So I need some tips. My wife is desperate to give it go now in Melbourne, now in Australia. It's all about the outdoors lifestyle. She wants to go when the weather gets better and we're into the summer in a couple months time. Wants us to go camping again. I need advice and people do this and know how to have a great experience.
Speaker 2: Well, this one will be hard to beat. I think I've never seen anything like this. But my friend was saying he was over the weekend, set up next to a group of campers who had obviously done it before. They had a waiting pool that was like a hot tub in their campsite. This is a place with no electricity there out in the middle of the bush. They're pumping water from the river into their kids pool. Then they've got another pump running a actual copper pipe out of the pool. It coils around in their fire, heating up the water, and then pumps it back into the kid's pool again. And they were sitting in there in his thirty eight degrees.
Speaker 3: That's incredible. What ingenuity of design and plumbing and central heating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said. One of the guys camping with them was an engineer, and he had a notebook with like how much water, how much coil will need to sit in the fire to hit properly heat the amount of water.
Speaker 3: Into the I'd say someone there has to be a builder an engineer to know how to do all that. But that is set up. Oh so they could have a hot tub at the camp site. See that's what you want, because to me, camping always looks miserable, like why would you want to lose a good night's sleep to go and lie on a cold ground.
Speaker 2: Well, then, by contrast, my friend is having a miserable time. He's got one year old daughter. They're freezing over in their campsite looking over at the hot tub.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. I don't want to be I'm more like to be the guy freezing any kids moaning, why have we done this? We've got a nice, warm, toasty house while we come to the outdoors. So we're looking for stories about camping legends. Are the people you've seen next year when you've gone camping, who have the gear, who have a great time you don't, or are you a camping legend the best story we get or any good advice we get about camping until the next twenty minutes on the show, We'll give you a pair of tickets to go and see Elton John Live nine four one four, one oh four to three Camping Legends, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: You can win tickets with your camping legend stories. Go and see Elton John's new show, A Day on the Green. Following complete sellouts, el John has added final more Australian shows. We worked this out the day. It's about twenty eight twenty nine shows here in Australian right at the end of this last ever world tour, last chance to see Elton John Live. He's now adding more dates at Amy Park and A Doubt the Green down the Green at Mount Duneeda State tickets don't gone so on to the next Tuesday through ticketep but you can win them every single day this week. All right then, Camping Legends Luke, good morning, good morning, goodbye to Mane. Welcome to the show. So what have you seen and what have you done camping?
Speaker 8: I went camping the other week and the guy across from me rocked up in a like a big yu, like a two fifty youth laid out a tap in the back of it and just started bucketing hot water into it and used it as a pool.
Speaker 3: That is incredible. The back of a ute. Of course you've got a mobile.
Speaker 2: It's like that episode of the Citizens bring them mobile pool around.
Speaker 3: Oh, Luke, what an amazing sight to see. That's incredible. Wow, that really is a camping legend.
Speaker 2: Did they let you have a dip?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I got to jump in, Luke.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for show and that was with us. Might have a good day.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Ellie, Good morning Ellie.
Speaker 9: Hey, how are you going there?
Speaker 3: You go Erie? Eddie, tell us what you're camping? Story mate.
Speaker 10: It's actually my dad who's the camping legend.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 10: He took us around Australia when we were kids, and he is an engineer. So he welded up a roof rack on our full drive and it had like water and fuel and all these retirements before it came about that that was like the thing to do in our day and age. Now he holded it up and we had a hot shower. If he hooked up something to our motor and our car and we had hot showers all the way around.
Speaker 3: Like this is amazing. Yeah, that's incredible. There's a camping mcguiver.
Speaker 10: He is. He always invents stuff. And I just think, oh, you know, if you invented that when we were younger and actually did something about it, we might be billionaires.
Speaker 2: Now are you driving around the country with a shower headstack off the top of the car?
Speaker 10: An Dad lives in New South Wales now and he's he's still inventing stuff. So I'm sure there's plenty more.
Speaker 3: What do you mean tell us about some of his inventions? What do you mean his invention stuff?
Speaker 10: It's oh, he like welds up stuff to put over the campfires and like you know, to cook stuff on. And then the other day Mum and him sent me a photo and Dad had rigged up something. Oh I don't know it was some campsite in the middle of nowhere and they'd rigged up something for yeah. Now, but yeah, he's always he's always inventing stuffed. He's a very smart man.
Speaker 3: A brilliant What a great experience going to Australia with him as well, and the hot showers. Eddie, thank you very much and call thank you calling Millie Coome oning.
Speaker 6: Millie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everyone's got the Monday voted. Just a couple of seconds delayed my mini. Yes, Hey, hello, Mally, welcome to the show. Thanks you for calling mate. What's your camping story.
Speaker 9: Oh, we used to camp at then Stay and we upgraded from a non powered site to a power site and was on yay and my husband, Yeah, this is brilliant. I'm going to be able to take my bread baker.
Speaker 3: You're kidding me. We've got a bread maker. They weigh a ton, they.
Speaker 9: Weigh a ton and they make a load of noise.
Speaker 3: That clicking is that the little auto arm go around stirring the dough, worring a how to make friends of the campsite twenty four hour breadmaker And.
Speaker 9: So it was nice fort waking up to the smell at about six thirty. But I go down to the camping kitchen and it's the oh my god, what more on Who's bought a bread? Make hits it on camping holidays. It was so embarrassing.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. That's a great one, Manie. Thank you very much your call. Thank you all right, we got the news headlines coming up next, all so misheard lyrics on the way give you here on Gold one o four point.
Speaker 1: Three, the Christian hu'connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for the camping stories on my phone system in front of in the studio here. Sometimes Beck and rather the producers will label up just the headline of what you're calling it. Talk about one of the calls that we've has just wrung off. It simply said coffee machine, Comma spit roast. So Jamie Oliver putting up at the campsite next to you coffee machine and the spit roast you. It was enough, sir with the coffee machine spit roast. Well, that's amazing. Do you know what I think we should do once we get into spring and summer, Let's take the show camping. I would love to do the show from a camp site. We all have to camp the night before. We won't get much sleep. Pats, you'll probably get absolutely smashed, but we do the preapshure. Who do you think out the team would struggle the most, Brad?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: I think it be you me? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why me?
Speaker 3: No? Honestly you like your comforts and.
Speaker 4: I've been camping before. Now come on, I'm a girl from the bush.
Speaker 3: Sure, sure, but not anymore.
Speaker 4: No, you're not forget your roots.
Speaker 3: No, well, we will see when we go camping. When was the last time we went camping a teenager? Right? The show is definitely going to go camping The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three. Charles has texted me he goes camping with a king single mattress. That is how I would do it. I might be the first guy. I might just pom it up when we go show camping and take a four post to bed? Can you read? Can you rite a four post bed at a camp site inside a tent? All right, it's time for this. It's just another Misshardmandy Christian O'Connell's Miss hurd lyrics. All right, then Monday, misshard lyrics this outworks. Big John does a top five us every Monday. Then I go through those and then we work out whether it is a misheard lyric oh or that doesn't sound anything like the misshard lyric, or if it's one of our great ones hall of Favor. And then the part two is I go through all the ones who you've been sending me over the last seven days, so up first. Then in the John's Big Top five, we go to do you really plan all this? Ri k Iglesias don't play it mainly because it's rubbish. I take the girl out of over, take out of her. It's something about four lyrics. He says, you can run, you can die, but you can't escape My love slightly creepy. Or is it you can run, you can die, but you can't escape Milo? It is Milo. Now we go to another Patsy favorite, Mine's Cyrus and wrecking Ball.
Speaker 6: I came in.
Speaker 3: I came in like a wrecking ball. Or is it I came in like a rainbow. I came in like that is so clear?
Speaker 6: I came in like.
Speaker 3: That's rainbow. Uh. The searchers love potion number nine. We all know this one. But when I kissed a cop down on thirty fourth on Vine Or is it but when I kissed a cow and got it ready for a ride? Yes? That's four from four. So far from Big John than this? Do you remember this? We are Young Fun? This was huge? This was everywhere? Great song? We Can Burn Brighter than the Sun? Or is it we can Burn Brighter? Venice sung beautiful Me? Another one? Who's on the street?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 3: Then finally from Big John Maroon five. He really is plundering the old and over playlist. Adam Levin And if Happy ever After it did exist, I would still be holding you like this? Or is it? If Happy ever After did exist, I would still be holding you like a fish. Yes, it's kind of their.
Speaker 6: Fish.
Speaker 3: Is it like fish skill? Yeah, we're vibe. Okay, we'll come back with the second bar. All the round up are the ones you've been sending me for the last week.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: I wanted to Stewart and Jack his son listen to a show right now. I'm in the Melbourne school train. Christian, my son and I listen every Monday morning on the school drop off to your segment about the misshard lyrics and we love it. Our current favorite is George Michaels Feta Feta Feta. Yeah, everyone loves this one still is a personal favorite for us. Please, cand you move the feature forward before the eight am news, as school starts at eight ten and sometimes we miss the listener entries for part two after eight ten am. Stuart brackets the dad, Jack brackets the sun. I'm doing it. I've moved it forward. I've got your email yesterday. If you've noticed, this is part two just for you guys.
Speaker 6: It's just another miss heard Monday. Christian O'Connell's misshard Lyrics.
Speaker 3: All right, Part two then normally at eight fifteen this morning. For Stuart Brackett's dad, Jack Brackett's son stuck in Travick. This one's for you.
Speaker 2: What a poor kid that started school eighteen? I never started before.
Speaker 7: Not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's really early, isn't it?
Speaker 6: School?
Speaker 3: Is that Stuart Bracket? It's dad? And let us know Jack Brackett's son. All right, let's go too. Who we got here? Julia from Karum Downs is under twenty five? She saysn't real. You don't have to put your age. It's not re of it, but just let us know we do have some younger people listening to the show. Julia, thank you very much for coming over and giving the show. We go from Where did you come from? All right? Fox? Well, thank you very much. Bernard Phanik, great song. Wish you well. Why do you give up on me so soon? Or is it why do you give up on me so soup? That's those young ears or the under twenty fives? Juli Karum downs. Wow, that's a great one, very good. Thank you very much. That all the ones we read out, and if it does get a yes, we'll give you can either your choice. You can show I called the socks. This is from Reggie. Reggie's got this one, queen. Another one bites that does right now. This one's very specific. Reggie is a man who stands on exact precise moments and songs. He's even giving us the timecode are precisely one minute fifty eleven. When people do that just to help me out, one minute fifteen in a song and one bites the dusk. All I'm hearing is fight the ducks.
Speaker 2: What's hard to hear to hear there getting in the way, Brian.
Speaker 3: Tone it down, I'm afraid we'd have to put pending on that one, Reggie.
Speaker 2: I can't hear it until we get the arcolated.
Speaker 3: I would have to ship it right back. This is from Shiona phil Collins, another name Paradise. She's got blisters on the soles of her feet, or is it she's got whiskers on the soles of her feet. She's it's our first of this morning. A big easy sorry, showing her that it's not quite right. Christian misheard lyrics I've got for you. This is from Callen Thomas of Elston Wick. You've switched me over from fIF Feve and Byron. Two foxes come on way. This is a great Monday, green day, great song, time of your life.
Speaker 6: Another turner by the Fox.
Speaker 3: Stuck in the run, Another turning point, A fork stuck in the road or is it another turnip boy? A fork stuck in the road.
Speaker 6: Another turner.
Speaker 3: That's my favorite one this morning. That's turn it boy.
Speaker 6: Another turner by the Fox.
Speaker 3: Callen Thomas. One last one from Vernon Ryan Adams and Melsey Byan Adams is a Canadian rock star. Patch here had a couple of big hits. Yeah, this is torture this is Pain, or according to Vernon, this is Georgia. This is Spain. Spain here Georgia but not the Spain.
Speaker 2: Still funny though, still a good one person called Georgia.
Speaker 6: Ernie.
Speaker 3: You can have a mark and all socks, all right, if you got any misshard Lyrics for next Monday. How do you feel about doing it?
Speaker 2: Just so Jack and seven thirty staple find.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, let's do that just for two.
Speaker 2: Listeners unless we get a competing email. Yes, says Prefering.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why have you moved it? I tuned in Monday? Mister, oh all right, email me Christian at Gold one I four three dot com dot AU your Monday Miss her Lyrics the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So the weekend we were unpacking. We moved into our first Australian home last Thursday, so lots of unpacking. Really exciting though it's brilliant however, it's all about the Sunday and me having to move this double mattress up up the stairs and it's one of those stairs what goes up then there's like a level and then you go up again.
Speaker 2: Corner turn where did you move? Is worse nightmare?
Speaker 3: Don't just straight up, you know, it's the turn, twist up your end, round your bit. No, you're there and up you go. And my wife said to me, you're gonna need help. It's a beast of a thing. And if you've moved anywhere, you'll know. The worst thing to try and move is the mattress. I don't know what is it about them. It's they're wobbly, heavy, awkward, strong, They're a nightmare, and they move as you're moving them, like a table or chairs. That's it. It's solid, it doesn't shift, it's it's weight in any way. The mattress does that. So just flips one way. So Producid Brad, who lives about five minutes to me, said hey, listen, I'll come around and help you. Of the weekend. The thing god to know about producer Brad a couple of things is eldly man. I can't be dragging a mattress and reviving him several times.
Speaker 2: That would be dangerous.
Speaker 3: It would be really really dangerous.
Speaker 2: General clumsiness.
Speaker 3: Can we just talk about the fact that he hit a park car today because it confused him parked car and he had parking senses going off and the park car getting bigger in his rear view mirror confused him. That's not a guy I want the new house.
Speaker 2: With a mattress who have holes in your past? The boards brad shaped hat.
Speaker 3: So I had to choice but to do it myself. And so my wife said, okay, be careful because you know it's a really big beast of a mattress. You won't be to get all the way up there. Went I will you know, you said you have a challenge, so you're going to do it. I really, I have to get this mattress up there. I can't. I can't. There's no climb down for me. Now I have to get this up there. So my twelve year old goes, I'm going to I'm going to film this because you're not going to do it. And I did it, and it became like I was actually ridiculously proud at the top of it. When I got up there. I got the mattress up. But as I was moving the mattress and I was at the top, there's no one beneath me. They drag it up towards me, dragging up towards me, and you can see this powerful video of a man in real manly action. I mean, forget everything else you got in gyms. You know what we need. I know they've got the sledge that you can pull and pull and all that, and the tire and the hammer. Get a mattress in there. If you want real strength. Nothing tests you like dragging a mattress. So even if it's got handles, your hands that have to go into places where there aren't handles and pull that mattresses at wobbles, it's mattressly shaped towards you and you've got I got it up there. It's given me an idea as I was trying to move a mattress. It's given me an idea. And I think this is probably the only city, in the only country in the world where you might be up for this. So after this song, I'll tell you what my idea is and if you're up for it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four points.
Speaker 3: The most powerful video you'll probably see this year is when if you're right now on our Facebook page me versus Mattress versus Stairs, you'll find our Facebook page. Oh see one o four three on Facebook. You can see the video. It is not safe for work because it's so powerful. Testosterone will come out of the screen. Wherever you are, it will just seep out. The manniness, glutes, biceps, lats, kinetic chain all coming together. HEARDing that mattress up those stairs. The most common reaction and feedback is this is it reminds me of this classic friend sketch. Do you remember this when Ross and Chandler and Rachel are moving the couch up the stairs and Ross is yelling at the top of the couch shut up. Okay, I don't think it's going to pivot anymore. You think such a great So, as I completed my task yesterday of the pain in the backside that is moving a mattress, I thought, how far do you think someone could drag one of these.
Speaker 2: With the I think without the handles when you're just doing that grip on the side and trying to get.
Speaker 3: Now, I think you need a mattress with that or you know some of them have the handles, don't they, But.
Speaker 2: The handles are always in the wrong spot. Awkward. Do they do it a joke?
Speaker 3: The people in the mattress factory, they hate the fact they're working in a mattress factory. The only joy they get is laughing to myself, I say, put the handles in the wrong places. I get it. I did the same thing. But how far, seriously, do you think you'd even drag one one k before you gave up? Do you think you even get that far? How long?
Speaker 2: How long have I got in an hour? I reckon I could get three blocks.
Speaker 3: By itself?
Speaker 2: Or what if it's that's that's a two person uprocation.
Speaker 3: So what I'm thinking about is if I don't know whether any of you be up for this, say we could get hold of two mattresses and we set two teams off, two people on each team. We'll give you an hour on the show, and we'll give a prize the person that can drag it the farthest from starting here.
Speaker 2: Yep, so they're going to get down the stairs here, we're.
Speaker 3: On the second floor, and nope, we stop the lifts. You can't use the lifts. You've got to get out the stairway here first of all, before we even get out onto the streets here in Richmond.
Speaker 2: Well, they might even make it to the front.
Speaker 3: Door of the building an hour. Do you think you'd be up for this seeing who could drag a mattress the furthest. You know you are so competitive. Everything is a sport and a challenge to you, guys. Tell me this then, would you be up for take a bart and the mattress challenge nine four one for one oh four three? Would you be up for doing this? We're looking for two teams or two to see how I could drag it in an hour? Nine four one four one oh four three if you're up for that.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold four point three.
Speaker 3: How far do you reckon you could drag a mattress in an hour? After dragging one up the stairs yesterday? We've just moved house. That's a question I need to this morning. We have an idea. Could we sort of two teams give you an hour or so get as far away as you can. Whoever gets the furthest dragging a mattress? We've got to go super king?
Speaker 2: Right, super king? What's a super king? It's a bigger king.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, there's king and then there's super King.
Speaker 2: Do you have a super King?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure what I dragged up the stairs yesterday? I think it was a king. Your bedsizes in Australia are slightly different to the UK.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, did you have to get any sheets? Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, Our actually UK bed's a little bit bigger. All right. So here's the other thing I need to know a lot of you calling in saying yep, we're up for this, with all kinds of people putting distance on it. This is why, this is what the many reasons the level Australians you're putting distance on it. Someone's actually ringing so I could do it three k and how he actually knows how far I could have a good estimate? Someone saying they reckon they could easily do it. The producers here have labeled up on our phone system this person used to work for four winks. Don't know they are know forty winks? Do they do the children's mattresses? Four weeks?
Speaker 2: Bad specialists.
Speaker 3: The other thing we need is we don't have looks like this could actually be happening. But we don't have any mattresses. As as often on the show, we're just sort of trying to make it happen as we go along. We're doing it as we go along. So we do need someone like forty winks or the junior version four winks.
Speaker 2: Harvey Norman, Ye, captain snooze? Is captain snooze?
Speaker 4: Still snooze?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: They just call themselves snooze.
Speaker 3: Now the captain he sold him off for he's been.
Speaker 4: Fire pinched him off.
Speaker 2: Oh dear, oh dear, this little red knight captain.
Speaker 6: Oh sad?
Speaker 3: Do you know the word of a brainstorming going? Listen? It's twenty nineteen. Is it really right to say captain snooze? How do we feel about just snooze? You know my Donna Beyonce snooze feels good?
Speaker 2: Guys, and the captain's the only one that pipes up in the board meeting, goes, I think we still need a.
Speaker 3: Lot of people always love the captain. We're not Captain's news. Eddie's on the line. You reckon, you're up for this? Good eight Christian? How I'm good Eddie? So you up for doing my mattress drag race?
Speaker 7: I reckon we'll be okay, I reckon we can do it.
Speaker 3: Man, all right, how far do you think you could drag on? In an hour? Ready?
Speaker 8: In an hour?
Speaker 7: I reckon we might be able to get it down A couple of flights or stairs and at least three or four blocks.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, and do are you do you move furniture for a living? What makes you think you'll be there?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're a professional photography studio. We photographed mattresses for a living.
Speaker 3: What, Eddie, that is some kay, my friend. Everyone's had a couple of drinks this morning. You make a living and are taking photos of mattresses?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 7: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Yes, if you jump, if you jump online and you go to one of the major retailers, going to have a look at it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's a photo of a mattress.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that'd be yours.
Speaker 4: That is every single photo in the world.
Speaker 1: But yeah, a lot of them all.
Speaker 2: But I'm looking at Australian ones now like Koala mattress, sleeping duck ergo flex with any of these yours, Temple and Webster.
Speaker 7: No, if you can go to sleep makers.
Speaker 3: You just mentioned all the big ones.
Speaker 2: Regal manufactured by the same place.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But I love the fact that, Eddie, I have no doubt you take photos of mattresses that you think I can move from behind the camera to drag him one of those things. We got to drag them in and out of sex. Actually, you're quite right, day and down. That's what you do for living.
Speaker 2: We might have a stack of twenty five thirty mattresses.
Speaker 3: We got to move them all in.
Speaker 2: Eight times each. That's yeah, even furniture removal. Its I'm doing that many mattresses a day.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: It's it's yeah, it's it's it's not fun.
Speaker 3: I reckon.
Speaker 2: You're a hard favorite, definitely.
Speaker 3: Inside favor at the moment. Is Eddie here? All right? Eddie stay there?
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks, all right.
Speaker 3: So if you're up there, give us a call, or if you work for any of the big bed companies who can lend us a mattress. We need two of them and they will be dragged, so I can't guarantee what state they're going to come back in nine four one four, one oh four three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So it looks like you are up for seeing how far you could drag a mattress, two of you in an hour of this show. We've got some more contenders calling him right now, Marilynd good morning, good morning. So you're up for doing this absolutely? How far do you think you could drag a mattress in an hour.
Speaker 10: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I reckon.
Speaker 10: I'm not very good resistance, but perfect for the competition.
Speaker 2: To judge this, you have to move to drag blocks some blocks.
Speaker 10: So I wouldn't be doing the dragging my ex would be.
Speaker 9: I'd be the one pivot and like.
Speaker 1: Not.
Speaker 2: The idea of the two peasant team was a person. It's not one to carry one to yell from flopping over.
Speaker 3: I'd be the support, yea, the little guy in the rowboats, you know, with the megaphone. This goes row row row. Thanks mate, and so tell us about your your ex? Does your ex know that you're not form a mattress drag for an hour?
Speaker 10: I ended him a Facebook message after I called you guys, saying, you know, I've dugged you in for something.
Speaker 9: I haven't got a response.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's ready yet. Okay, so he's your ex?
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, we're still friends, like all.
Speaker 3: Good when we say friends mattress friends. No, No, I didn't mean that. I meant that he would he would be okay. Is he with somebody else? Now?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 10: No, he's not with anyone else, but he's you know, like we're still like a family and stuff.
Speaker 3: That's great. I love this. You two reunite together for the love of dragging mattresses around the streets of Melbourne.
Speaker 8: Oh that's a bit heavy mattress.
Speaker 3: All right, Marilyn, nice one. Thanks for giving us a call. Let's go to have a good day, mate, Dion, Good morning, Dion. Yes all right, Dion, you reckon, you're the man who could beat all the others dragging a mattress.
Speaker 7: Yes, man, I used to do furniture removals years ago, so I reckon I got skills to be able to do it. Should be able to drag it about three k's and then here this.
Speaker 3: Is this is some talk. You really reckon? You do it three k's in an hour.
Speaker 7: Oh once, put your headPan, Touriament's possible.
Speaker 3: I think Bunnings sell those man pants. I definitely need to go and buy so and tell me this. Then we will use moving various bits of furniture. The mattress, is it the worst thing?
Speaker 7: Put that on par with the pool table.
Speaker 2: That's next year's.
Speaker 3: Put a pool table, the golden table. All right, Dian, thank you very much, you kill mate. Not a problem, all right. Look it looks like We've got people who are willing to do this, which is fantastic. The only thing we're missing at the moment is to a couple of mattresses. So if you can give us a mattress nine one o four three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: As always, you surprised us with how much you're up for doing the mattress challenge. How far are you thinking drag a mattress in an hour of the show. The reason why I'm asking this because it feels like a bit random. It is random. It's because I had to drag one up a stairs yesterday in our new place we just moved into, and I thought, how far could actually someone drag a mattress if it was a pair of you before you just gave up. So maybe, Reckon, you can do three K. I don't know about three K, but we're definitely going to do this. Here's the thing we just need today is we need a couple of mattresses, don't we Yeah, I reckon, we get more than two teams, I Reckon be great to maybe get four and then divide Melbourne up, set one team off North and south east west. That's that's the ultimate to do, and then see who can make it the furthest quite a few of you saying you've got old sort of secondhand mattresses that we can use. Let's hope we don't have to go down that route because it gets stinky old. It's not just a sman, it's visually how they look if they've been around a while. One word stained, and I think it's a good look for the show. You see the billboard, you see the poster, dirty old stained mattress being yes. The other thing, you're not a marketing teamer here, like they're a sponsor anything or but the logo.
Speaker 2: Always the lego to get that on a mattress.
Speaker 3: I can imagine right now there's a phone call from our head of marketing, Anthony, getting very very upset about how are they going to put the Christian breakfast show on a mattress?
Speaker 2: But if we do have to use the stained mattresses over.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three, All right, today's that word. Time waste your chance to come and join us Wednesday night. Disney Pixar's Toy Story four Venture into cinema this Thursday, June twenty. You can come and watch it in advance screening the night before with us Wednesday night. All right, we'll put a cut of some tickets on Today's that word time waster working for bird celebrities. I've got Ronan Laura Keating very good, thank you, Wing Crosby, very good, Wing Crosby, Charlie's herong, thank you, Pats, Reyneth Paltrows, Brenneth Paltrow, Courtney Dove.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 3: And Jennifer Thrush. Oh, Jennifer Thrush, she has she anyway, what have you got jack Bird celebrities? Who is the actor? She's a singer, Jennifer Rush, Power of Love eighties.
Speaker 2: I have Penguinneth Peltrow, right, Okay, Renneth Paltrow, I think is superior.
Speaker 3: Gwyneth Petrow, Renneth. Let's not fall out over brendth versus being with.
Speaker 2: Ernest Hummingbird nice goose willis good. Robert parrots and Tory Patterson Robert parrots.
Speaker 3: And ages for half an hour thinking of parrot ones. That is not one. We will give a bonus prize anyone who can do a good parrot one.
Speaker 2: It's hard. I try to like.
Speaker 3: Who's the big Italian soprano singer Pavarotti. I was thinking you have Pararotti, but no, it doesn't work. No, all right, send us your stem texam in well mark them in ten minutes time. Oh four seven five O three one oh four three. Today's at work time waster. We're looking for your birds, celebrities textas and oh four seven five O three one oh four three. The best we get in ten minutes time. You can come and join us. Disney Pixar's Toy Story for see it before anybody else. Wednesday Night with Us The.
Speaker 1: Christian Conn Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Coming up, John next hour. Then this month, June is about cancer Awareness month. I'm seeing the adverts on TV trying to raise awareness of mind you to do the test. If you've seen the TV advert, I keep seeing it. There's one line at the end of it that stays with me. One hundred Australians die every week. One hundred Australians die due to bow cancer, one hundred a week. I'm believing when so much of it can be avoided. But anyway, Peter Logan, you'll find out why we've got him in who he is in ten minutes time, well worth sticking around for to hear what he's got to say about it. He is a living warning, all right. Before that, then today's a word time waster Bird Celebrities. You ready to mark, I am ready, best one we get. We'll give you tickets. Come and join us Wednesday night at Toy Story four. Are you coming along?
Speaker 4: Definitely?
Speaker 5: I'm bringing child as he I'm not pregnant, but I'm bringing my seven year I'm not with child.
Speaker 3: I'm bringing everything right today.
Speaker 2: No, are you bringing your husband as well?
Speaker 3: Possibly you bring your own drinks or Wednesday Night's margarite? All right, okay, all right, so Dennis Quail Bird Celebrities gold luke and drink.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Emmy.
Speaker 2: Reevess it's a silver plus.
Speaker 3: B oh sorry bird pit Oh so very good, Lindsay, well done, Nicholas Bird in a Cage Gold word on theo hen Affleck Silver Horn, Bill Murray Little Horn plus, Dwayne the Peacock, Johnson Gold Merrill, Gold plus done, Daniel Lark Woolburg Silver vat nest Amorosa.
Speaker 2: You know, trying to do too much of that silver must try though Michael duck Norris silk class Titney spearce.
Speaker 3: You get the yellow Tis blue tits lovely beautiful with the long tailed tit as well. They are gorgeous birds.
Speaker 2: That is our front runner at the moment for the tickets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got a long trip down. It is Luke and Noosa. That's his first gold of twenty nineteen with Tidney Space, Thurman sil parrots and Ford.
Speaker 2: That's a good par parate.
Speaker 3: Ones who come through that can have the tickets. Speakers over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're wrapping it up.
Speaker 3: You don't declare a winner like that for the end of the racer an Australian?
Speaker 4: Can I do one today?
Speaker 6: WHOA?
Speaker 4: Someone's out a couple Denny plover? Oh no, that's good.
Speaker 2: You know what I was yours, wasn't it? I actually asked Christian is it? Is it a plover or a plover? And he thinks it's a plover.
Speaker 4: No, it's a plover, it's a over.
Speaker 3: What of us used to be a young ornithologist. I entered the RSPB, which is the Royal Society of the Protection of Birds, but Junior Bird Watching Club when I was ten.
Speaker 4: Are you serious?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: We say plover here.
Speaker 3: Well, the RSPP, the Royal Society and Protection of Words, and they stand firm on this. Clint Eastwood Pecker, we're near in the end. Actually, I think you declared that went right? Hang on, we got one with us one if there's there any chance of a Leddie Maguire, one that always makes it through, Budgy Maguire wasn't worth it? Okay? Who is win the tickets? Oh? Sorry? You really? And Ford right? Okay? Parents supports the winner.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 3: All right, so this is a really important month. He might have seen the adverts. She might have heard the adverts on this show. Two months ago, I got an email from one of you, Peter Logan, and he wanted to come in and meet the team sitting on the radio show and have a chat with me about how we could spread the word about bow cancer and doing the poop test that you get sent him. And he didn't do the poop test, which is now he's facing a very serious challenge with stage four bow cancer. It is bow cancer Awareness month. I thought there's no one, but it's coming on the show and spread his message, which is one of positivity and looking after yourself, and he's back in this morning with us. Peter Logan, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 11: Canay, guys, It's good to be beck Jack.
Speaker 2: Good decision.
Speaker 3: How are you.
Speaker 11: I'm okay, I'm okay. That ley along.
Speaker 12: I'm still going through my treatment cycles and so for two weeks I feel great and for two weeks I don't feel so great. But as I said last time we were here, Christian about trying to keep things as normal as possible. Even when you don't feel great, you're still going to get out of bid when the alarm goes off and listen to you guys have a chuckle in the background and that sort of helps. But now generally not too bad, not too bad.
Speaker 3: June Big month, bow Cauncer Awareness Month. It is you're the perfect was't you didn't do the test?
Speaker 11: I didn't do this.
Speaker 3: Should have this amazing that will get sent this free test.
Speaker 12: Yes, we all have the benefit of that, and we're very lucky here in Australia because I think we touched on it last time. In other parts of the world, in the UK, it's sixty before you get it. Some will argue that fifty is even still too late. So yes, you get this free test from the government, and okay, there's some dignity issues around that sort of thing, but you know what, you do it in the privacy of your own home and it shouldn't be a big deal.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 12: I wish that i'd done the test, and I've done a lot of awareness work on that with Cancer Council Victoria that some people might have seen my ugly mug pop up in the middle of some Facebook adds through that there.
Speaker 3: Was a wanted at at first I've seen that go.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so and that's really what my mission is now Christian to try and make people aware. But June is Bow Cancer Awareness Month, and the nineteenth of June is Red Apple Day. So Red Apple Day is very very similar to other fundraising type day. So Red Apple Day is bow Cancer's awareness Day. So these are the days where you organize your fundraisers for the highlight of bow cancer Feness month. These Wednesday, the nineteenth of June, we were coming all over this, so what can we do? So Wednesday, the nineteenth of June, Australians are encouraged to support the vital work of Bow Cancer Australia through the purchase of Bow Cancer Awareness ribbon. You can see me wearing this one here, Tommy, you can get that one on so you can purchase there.
Speaker 3: Another you're so confident on the radio right in now direct and Tommy our cameraman. Now even I got confidence to do that.
Speaker 12: That's okay, I'll beat you once apparently, and the family and so you can get the themed fundraising activity ideas.
Speaker 11: You can create your own themes.
Speaker 12: But if you go to the website at Bow Cancer dot com dot au I think it is and there's lots of ideas there for the types of fundraisers. So you can sell the ribbons for red apple days, sell apple pins, there's various other fundraiser.
Speaker 3: Is there a significance to the apple? The apple?
Speaker 11: This is really great for radio.
Speaker 12: But if you if you drew a line outside of apple, it's very very similar to the shape of the colon what it is?
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, that's exactly.
Speaker 2: It's better than having a comin on your shirt.
Speaker 3: Or a poop.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 12: So I mean you can't you can't actually there, but that that that's what it is. So the actual the outside of it of an apple is sort of similar to the It could.
Speaker 3: Have gone for staffish but anyway, let's know, let's move on. That's probably a little bit further down the track.
Speaker 12: Yes, that's chocolate starfish dow not that.
Speaker 3: We get right behind this. This is a great thing to do, and what's the big thing that people should be doing. Do the test.
Speaker 12: Look that the message and everyone the message remains you get this test for free. We did start a bit of a listener. Steve started this campaign. Peter sent me, you know, you don't have to do that, but what.
Speaker 3: I think we should. It was a great thing. A lot of people did that.
Speaker 12: Steve's idea was you do the test, put in the envelope and mark on it. Peter sent me and the amount of people that I've had contact from saying I was, you know, I've got the test. It's been in the cupboard, it's been in the drawer. He's got to chuck it out or I chucked it out, and now I've contacted them back to get the get the test to do it again.
Speaker 11: It's it's amazing.
Speaker 12: And if we can get that number from four in every ten who return the.
Speaker 11: Test, is that all it is?
Speaker 12: It'lf it's thirty eight percent, So four in ten people who get the test send it back.
Speaker 11: We really need to get that up to ten if we can.
Speaker 12: But if we can, if we can improve on four, then then we will have done something. And that's the aim here, Christian. We're going to I'm going to keep banging away on this and keep banging away on it until we can get that, because you know I'm not I'm not going anywhere soon, I hope, and until I'm gone, I'm going to make sure that I continue to spread the word and then through great vehicles like this, and the appreciation that I have for you and the team here at Gold and So and everybody is phenomenal. I mean, I couldn't ask for a bit of bunchership or to support it.
Speaker 3: It's an easy thing to do, a deep, deep pleasure, okay, so remind it. If you have been sent the test, please make sure you do it. And secondly, this week Wednesday, let's all get behind this Red Apple Day. Check out the Bow Council Australia web site for all the info and how you can donate. Peter, good to see you, buddy, Thank you very much for coming and we'll see you again soon.
Speaker 11: R bye.
Speaker 1: The Christian oho' connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: On tomorrow's show, we'll have five topic Tuesday. Bob Murphy is coming in live tomorrow.
Speaker 2: This'll be great because i'll see, actually how good friends you are? You always strut around here like you're best mates with him?
Speaker 3: Tell me only over the weekend. Sounds like someone's jealous. Definitely does it so, Bob Murphy on the show tomorrow and today, we need one thing from you, four brand new fresh mattresses. If you can help us out, there'd be great. Email me Christian at Gold one I four to three dot com dot au. Title today's show is Stuart Brackets Dad and Jack Brackett's son. We're back tomorrow morning. When you wake up, thanks to listening, have a great day.
Speaker 1: The Christian oho' connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three