Speaker 1: Peter Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast. Lexi and I went to a redacted music festival recently. We both got violently ill, which we found out was later a festival wirde situation. It was a flu type behavior that had us knocked about for a full week out of office and therefore out of money in some respects loss of income.
Speaker 1: Loss of income what's file for?
Speaker 2: Definitely there Anyway, I wanted to figure out how to be better in the moshpe because we saw some crazy behavior Monday last week on our potty we spoke about if you want to go back and listen, but we have a voice note from a listener called Harrison, please Mickey play the tape.
Speaker 3: Last Tuesday, I was in the mosh to see Wizzo when a full blown argument happens right before the opening performance. To our left to a four moms and the group of children, literal children so small I couldn't even see them. So there's a girl, let's call her Trish to make this easy to follow. She's trying to weave between people to get as close as she can, not aggressively. One mom taps Trisha on the shoulder and scolds her, saying something along the lines of I've seen you trying to push your way through for some time. Now, we have children who are only eleven. I understand the mosh can be rough, but stop. They are eleven and you need to consider them. Then Mom number two gets called over, who didn't even see what happened, gets mad, starts putting her finger right in Trisha's face, swears at her, and then threatens to hurt her if she comes close to her kid again. But that's not it. After the opening act, the mom from before taps on my friend's shoulder and tells us she's noticed that we've moved closer to the front, which isn't even near her kid's mind you and then police is how we are standing as if she works for Rod Labor himself. At the My Chemical Romance concert, my nipple piecing almost got ripped out and I had to throw out my white shirt from bloodstains. So Mickey flex and firms. My question is do you think there should be an age limit in the marsh?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And do you think that you are allowed to police the marsh if you don't work there?
Speaker 1: Just like this, mother did this is maym storyteller, storyteller.
Speaker 2: I've been grinning eaty at this story. Your storytelling is honestly.
Speaker 1: What I will say is that in the mush pit, it's definitely one of those situations. If okay. What I will say is that mush pits are definitely akin to if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. It really is. You know what's going to go down in there. It's lawless behavior. It's meant to be enthusiastic, high energy, anything to get closer to this person that you adore by any means necessary. Unfortunately, that does involve touching strangers and people getting in front of you, and that six foot five guy that happens to be in front of you at all times, and that girl with the big hair who won't flicking it near your face all part of the game. What I will say, though, is that there should I don't think there needs to be a cap or an age limit in the mosh pit, but I will say, on the extreme ends on either side of age, get them out, because what happens when you're on the really young end of the spectrum, you're new here, you don't know how hectic and can get and people aren't going to assume responsibility over you just because you're young. And then if you're on the older end of the spectrum, I don't mean that you don't have the physical capacity to be there. I mean that you're far more prickly. I know that I the older I get, am far more prickly in the moshpit. I got to check myself a lot of the time. You know, Like at this festival that we were at, what would happen is that we would end up in a walkway, and I want it to be closer, like in the crowd, shielded. So I wasn't like having to deal with people excuse me, excuse me? Can I get through? Can I get through? Either way? Mosh Pit etiquette is anything for fun, anything for fun. That is the etiquette. We're here to enjoy. If you think or you find that someone else's enjoyment is infringing on your enjoyment, you have to go. You have to go. I've learned my lesson the hard way. Some of my favorite mush pit experiences have been soured by people getting annoyed at me for having too much fun. Shut up, it's not nice. Just be sorry to you, and I'll fight you, so don't try it.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast.
Speaker 2: For more, Tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.