Speaker 1: People do some weird ship. Would you like to try vape? Why would you take up something that is going to be addictive and expensive? I think that people. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you're young and stupid, some things make more sense than others.
Speaker 1: You mentioned that your goal was to be healthy, and I just don't know. How can you figure that's going to happen when you're ordering a chocolate moose?
Speaker 3: No, you know, I had it in the car on the way home and I didn't have a spood, so I was like an hour a dillo trying.
Speaker 1: To get ants out of a whole. Bless yourself for the rude shocks of young adultsthood.
Speaker 2: Bean fingered as an awful sensation. You haven't been thinking about the right person. Goodness, may this is is just I'm.
Speaker 1: Still to play a couple of mitches.
Speaker 4: Hi, it's Jenna.
Speaker 5: Please don't forget to include my name in the opener this season.
Speaker 1: Sorry Now he is Mitch Julli and Mitchell Koo. Hello Mitchell, Hi everyone, good I welcome back another episode another week.
Speaker 3: I feel like the standing up thing is stuck. You're still standing?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I'm still standing up. No one needs to know this by the way, No.
Speaker 3: But but I feel like they can hear the difference in your voice because I can see it in your face.
Speaker 1: You've got pink face. It's nice pink face. I'd love to know if people can tell the difference. I just feel more alert when I stand up instead of sitting down.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm genuinely I listened back to last week's episode and you had a there was a glow about you in your voice as well. Really, yeah, okay, I guess your body's working twice as hard to keep you from passing out.
Speaker 1: I know, well, you know how the Apple Watch things. I don't have one because I don't want to know how many steps I don't do a day. Yeah, you know how they tell you like how often you stand up and whatever. Yeah, when I think about it, I don't stand much, so it could do me good once a week to stand for an hour.
Speaker 3: But I see that Apple Watch doesn't even make sense because it goes time to stand up, and you stand up, it goes great one hour added to your stand goal. I'm like, really, I stood up for twenty seconds.
Speaker 1: That's weird.
Speaker 3: I don't get the math. And then you've got little bars that go you did eight hours of standing. I definitely didn't stand for eight hours.
Speaker 1: I also hate that your friends can see how your rings are doing, like how many steps you've done, how much standing you've done. That's none of anyone's business as far as I'm concerned. Yeah, and I don't know how to remove it.
Speaker 3: So I've got all these old friends that I used to know, like Nick, who used to work in the engineering department at aarn who left three years ago. Now it works at Tasmania. Always see when he goes on a hike. Nick just finished a hiker.
Speaker 1: Good for Nick. Well, I've got beef with another Apple product. That's my engine today. Oh, we're talking about that a little bit later.
Speaker 3: Interesting, you're pretty tech savvy. You're not bad. I've got friends that are shocking at tech. Have you been to the new Apple stores lately? They do classes like it's the Apple University.
Speaker 1: No, I did not know that was the thing. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was in there trying to get my Mac fix. And then I got shush because they're in the middle of a seminar, like this is a store man.
Speaker 1: But they are old people at the seminar. Yep. Yeah, I figured it was very sweet.
Speaker 3: Price keeper gene high Jennah.
Speaker 1: Now we can't forget Mitchell. It's Jenna's birthday. Happy birthday, Jenna, thank you our eternal flame. On your show, Mike Calender says, Jenna Benson's twenty ninth birthday. Is that true and it's correct? Well, it's like, yes, yeah for this life. Well, I've got your prisons. Oh, this might make sense to only some people listening. It's a bit of an inside joke with Jenner and I hear go, Let's see, I don't even know. This is last year. It was the pregnancy test and the fake bree last and Rue. Yeah, this one isn't a joke. Gift. I will say, lo, how slowly she's going to open it.
Speaker 3: Let's not say anything so people actually understand how long it takes.
Speaker 1: Whenever she is doing anything, it's like it's in slow motion. There we go, show me so because what is it? Her and I both fans of Mcloud's Daughters, one of the cast members, the chick who played Stevie and Mcloud's daughters. She's got her own clothing line now, the wandering Ossie. Because I don't know, she's just gone full hippie, because she's got no acting gigs anymore. I guess she just kind of drives around in a van.
Speaker 3: Is it a reference to it? It was the wandering Aussi a shop in the show.
Speaker 1: Well no, that's just her own brand and her motto is not all those who wander are lost. So she just does than have a house. This is a justifying home. What'sn't this? Yeah? How does she run a merch saw from a van? Is what I want to know?
Speaker 3: Hold on, Jenna, hold it up. That could fit me. That's very big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's oversized and I got it in small. Can you make sure it I kept the docket.
Speaker 3: Put it on, Jenna. And that's such a nice U color. It's almost corpse pink.
Speaker 1: What would the return address even be if I needed to swap.
Speaker 3: It like herbux Comby van.
Speaker 1: See it.
Speaker 3: Put it through the window if the window's not open, where shut?
Speaker 1: Even trying it on is going to be some otion. Horry up. Oh that looks so comfy. Actually, there we go. So it's a it's a niche Mcloud's Sword's reference. But Jenna appreciated it. Oh it suits you. That size works.
Speaker 3: It's actually her color too.
Speaker 1: It's like a peachy sort of color. Happy birthday, Jenna. Should we get her on the podcast? Yes? Again, we show her name, Simone Jane McKinnon. That's right. I just think we need to ask how do you run a merch saw from the back of a van if you're always on the roads?
Speaker 3: We want ideas. What's her name again? Who did we get got?
Speaker 1: Brady Carter?
Speaker 3: Yes, so we've already had one. I mean, I'm sure we could make it happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh yeah, I mean we don't have to. You don't sound interested at all. No, I just worried for my safety.
Speaker 3: What do you mean, what if we put it behind a perspects piece of glass?
Speaker 1: Oh no, she wouldn't come in. She's on the road, she's wandering dune. Oh she needs she's wondering.
Speaker 3: She needs stubble a phone booth, Yes exactly, I mean brindle Beryl Doon.
Speaker 1: I go to the local station and connect.
Speaker 6: Did you know she used to date Jason Mamore.
Speaker 1: What really? He's hot. I need to google her. Sorry, I know we're in the ship in the open. Yeah, I just look up Simone Jade Bickinnan and she played Stevie the Ranger on Mcloud's Stevie. Stevie's the big one, the big I'm one of the main ones. Holy shit, she did date him. Wow, I had no idea about that true story. When she was on Baywatch.
Speaker 3: I forgot she was on bay Oh there she is now ship Oh and look at this. This was only five years ago. Meet my baby, and she's got the Jane Fonderlook.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think she takes the kid on the road to I don't know how he goes to school. Well, we can ask her all these questions. We get her on.
Speaker 3: All right, put a pin in it. I can try.
Speaker 1: You don't have to, I'll look after it, all right, all.
Speaker 3: Right, it's a very big show. Oh my god, as you know, God, how long ago was it when we ranked the doorbells?
Speaker 1: Oh, that was during Muffy Weeks, So I want to say episode one, O two.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it was that recent. But we had such an influx of doorbells sent into us and people showing off their doorbell the world's best doorbell, and we have actually deemed it. We have ranked the world's best doorbells. Beautiful set yea. We had five callers. They showed us their doorbells.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 3: And today we are taking it to the next step. We're ranking another sound.
Speaker 1: Should we revealed? What should I say? What it is? That's that's up to you. This is your baby.
Speaker 3: Everyone's got one, not all of the best, not all equal. We'll rank it later. We've got five idiots coming on the show, okay, and we're going to rank something that they all have.
Speaker 1: Fats could be come sounds. Oh is there a sound as in like the climax noises?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, imagine recording that is that yours? Let me think, Yeah, it's gutturall. There's a lot of contracting happening. It is it is? Anyway, that's later on the show. That's later on the show. We're ranking. It's going to be very fun.
Speaker 1: We've got listeners on taste tests. Yeah. September. Last week, he said that you wanted to try baby food.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not I wanted to try it so I was just envious that kids got all these raperties of garden and sugar snap p pure.
Speaker 1: You know you said that you wanted to try the baby food diet.
Speaker 3: Yes, because Caterina goosas who you could just see my friend. No, no, no, Katerina goosas who she shed the weight real quick. Probably the instant diarya she got.
Speaker 1: Well, I've been researching the baby food diet and I don't recommend it. Well, we'll deal with that later. So there is info out there on it's a thing. Yeah, what's its health star rating? It is not backed by science. I can assure you with that.
Speaker 3: The Heart Foundation. Get we're not even touching it.
Speaker 1: Should I give you the rusky stick or whatever it's called now because you have to stuck on them for a while? Yes, bring it on.
Speaker 6: Yes, teething children.
Speaker 1: Yeah, teething rusks. There you go like that could last for hours? Yeah, oh, look at it. Actually, maybe I should save it for later because I don't want you sucking on a stick the whole episode. Every five minutes or so. You check in and see where I'm at. Good God, don't try and bite it. Just put them there. I find them so gross because like when kids suck and then they start dribbling slobber everywhere. They're not like tidy.
Speaker 3: It's got something like a chicken wing bone.
Speaker 1: You can get the bone. Al right. Well, I've got a couple more things to show you later. I kind of even.
Speaker 3: Wipe through it, I cry or can't wait, I'll put it down or rush down and will start with the gems. Are these are something you've noticed, something you hate or appreciate that the core of the show, the namesake of the show, if you will, it's something we've noticed.
Speaker 1: I've said that, haven't I? Yeah you did. Yeah, it's been a rough but we've both got and is it just meet each and you don't know what the other is going to be.
Speaker 3: You don't know mine, I don't know yours. Correct, you can go first because I've been so pushy the last few weeks.
Speaker 1: Sure, all right, Well I've got beef with an Apple product. Like I said, let's go. Is it just do you hate spatial audio on air pods? Yes? Where did that come from? I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's very new, but how does it work?
Speaker 1: Explain it? So it's like, actually I don't know how to explain it. It's tricky because I found out about it the other day by accident. I must have updated them or something, my AirPods. I think it's only applies to the Airpod's pro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the Max because I've got the big ones and they do it too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The original ones and they can. I just say, I much prefer the original AirPods. I've got two, and I really only use the AirPod pros when the other ones are flat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the silicon tips are too, and no, I don't like them.
Speaker 1: And I can't line better and watch TV with the silicone tips in my ears because they like get all waxy and yeah. Yeah, anyway, Spatial audio is basically like, let's just say I've just put my phone right in front of me and it's playing this podcast and then I turn. I turned this way, and then all of a sudden, it's only in the right ear, ear closest to the phone. And then I turn this way and oh it's only in the left ear. Yeah, the ear closest to the phone. Yeah, it's like the phone become the point of view for the audio. It's real whack. And I didn't It caught me off guard because I didn't know that setting existed, and I was like, what's happening to my favorite Carte Limberogu song. Yeah, it was so weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does it when you're like walking with music too, because I'll be on a walk trying to look at the scenery and the birds and then the song feels like it's rattling in my head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you dare turn your head one way, or you put the phone in your pocket and all of a sudden, the perspective changes. Yeah, it's not a good idea. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, if you readjust like I use AirPods when I'm watching Apple TV when Hayden's asleep when I get home late. And if you like a sitting and watching and it thinks the TV's in front of you, then you readjust and you're on a different angle. The whole movie is out of whack because it still thinks the TV's in the old position.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly. And it's like, I think Apple are making all these tiny little changes just to try and keep things interesting, and it's like we didn't need that, We did not need spatial audio. Having said that, you know, one of my favorite things ever is on Apple. Not on Apple, it's just you look them up on YouTube. Yeah, oh my god. If you listen to your favorite song for the first time in eight day audio, that's a wild experience. Wait, how do you get eight D audio?
Speaker 6: Eight D?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I did. Do you know the song Delicate by Taylor Swift? This is for the best. Yeah, I did Delicate Taylor Swift eight D audio. Just look that up on YouTube. Oh my god, it's wild. It's fucking wild. Really.
Speaker 3: So we had four D which was like the Shrek experience at dream World when Fiona snots on you and.
Speaker 1: You get what. I never experienced that, but it sounded so cool at the time.
Speaker 3: Donkey goes, I need to take tack and then they spray mint in the in the studio.
Speaker 1: It's nice. So this is different to spatial audio because spatial audio is based on you know, where you've got your head, but this one it just automatically, like explores different sides of your brain. It's so whacked. So I would suggest listening to this with headphones. Okay, if you're listening to the podcast in the car, I don't know, rewind later listen to it with headphones. We've got headphones on.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to play Taylor Swift's Delicate eight D audio four hundred thousand views.
Speaker 1: Let's go for the best. Oh gave me a shiver.
Speaker 4: We can't make.
Speaker 1: But you can make me.
Speaker 3: It sounds like Taylor's a mosquito.
Speaker 1: It's like she's in my brain's on the left behind me, then she is on the right. Don't talk too much, sorry, donkeys and your Nike suck on the ruskin. I've seen colors. Isn't that weird? It's like she's breathing down my neck.
Speaker 3: While this is the perfect song too, because it's kind of whispery and haunty.
Speaker 1: Wait for the next bit when she says it is it cool that I said all that? That is literally like she's bringing your ear?
Speaker 3: Is it cool? Is it.
Speaker 1: In my head? It is delicate?
Speaker 7: Is it good?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So I find eight D songs quite cool. Look up one of your favorite songs in eight D. When you experience it for the first time, it's pretty weird. Some of them even go up to sixteen D. What does that mean? Janis Brasside.
Speaker 3: Ariana Grande eight D audio, three million views, seven rings.
Speaker 1: I feel like that'd be perfect. Oh okay, whoa, Oh, I.
Speaker 8: Didn't know that, dog, I'd never heard that before.
Speaker 1: She went down my back. Oh that's good.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm high, especially with half a rusk down should be hot box. If bitch, you want to want to suck him a rusk, She's.
Speaker 1: Like top with me. Wow? Yeah, see if Apple can activate like eight D mode on the phones. Sure, I'm here for it, but fucking spatial audio not here for it? Where you just accidentally walk away from the music. Yeah, get fucked up? A great I agree? Not a fan ready for my agent? Yep, hit me, here we go? Is it just me? Do you agree? Nah? That everyone in the world is either a rat or a frog, a rat or a frog. You know.
Speaker 3: This has been inspired by JMO and Dylon, who are friends of the podcast.
Speaker 1: We've played some of their audio before.
Speaker 3: They are actually the only straight white male podcast that isn't insufferable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're quite lovely, actually nice. I feel like I could have a beer with them.
Speaker 3: Same agreed. They posted this on tiktog. It's gone super viral, but I completely agree with it. So this is from JMO and Dylan.
Speaker 1: Everyone either looks like a frog or a rat. Some are more frog than rat or more rat than frog. However, all people possess elements of both. What do you boys think? Look, I don't think I don't mind it. I'd be more ratty than frog, right, I think I'd be more ratty as well.
Speaker 3: If you google them, you can tell one is definitely they're both definitely rats.
Speaker 1: So is it about like your face or your energy? Yes, or both.
Speaker 3: I think it's both, mostly in the face, like think about it, Jenna, So sorry, but definitely rat.
Speaker 1: Yes. Wow. I wouldn't take that as an insult, Jenna, because like that kind of means slim, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you're up against Mitchell Cherry, who is definitely a clear frog.
Speaker 1: I'd be a little bit of both in that way. I think you're ready.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's ready.
Speaker 1: You're rat. Yes.
Speaker 3: What about Tom Holland, Famous Tom Holland, Oh he's a frog?
Speaker 1: Wait, I would not have said that.
Speaker 6: I'd say frog.
Speaker 1: Why.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I just can't see him.
Speaker 1: As a rat. Oh yeah, actually no, I'm looking now. Is a little bit frog? James Corden Frog? Amen? Frog? Ellen, Well, that's actually tough. That's just by nature rat based on the allegations rat Oprah frog. Yeah. Taylor Swift, Oh, I'm gonna have to get fresh eyes on it. I think Swift.
Speaker 3: Sorry, but once you get down of the nose and the teeth, she's skew and rat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nothing wrong with being a rat.
Speaker 3: No knowing of the sights she's been on this show, before. And I hope she didn't take this, isn't taylor'swee, No, she hasn't. I hope she's not offended by this because there's only two options. They're both offensive. But I think one of the biggest frogs on TV is Angela Bishop from Studio ten.
Speaker 1: Oh, look at it, she's a frog.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, Sarah Harris from Studio ten Major Frog Energy.
Speaker 1: Actually yeah, I suppose so, but like that's not necessarily a bad thing because he said Tom Holland's a frog. Yeah, the hottest of the hot present company excluded. Yeah, yeah, that's what I'm hearing. So Sarah, and and that's a compliment.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, Oh but Newton, Yeah definitely, yeah, rest in peace?
Speaker 1: What about Tracy Grimshaw? Yeah, Okay, let's think more international. Let's celebs, okay, Beyonce, Oh yeah, Beyonce? What she yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she definitely is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, definitely. What about Okay, let's go down that rate Adele, because that's a bit hitting myth, isn't it. Oh Adele? Yeah, she's even despite the drastic weight loss, He's saying that.
Speaker 3: She's a major even back in the day, major.
Speaker 1: Celebtil have lost weight. Rebel Wilson. I'm gonna say you, reckon, Has she always been a rat? No? People can change.
Speaker 3: I think she's always she was, but now don't forget she was once.
Speaker 1: Christy Swan, Oh, I'm telling you, you look at someone and they're either frog or rat, like there's no other animal that they can fall in between. What about people in our sort of industry, like influences and whatnot?
Speaker 3: Oh, friend of the show, all right, hat could even finish a sentence?
Speaker 1: Millie Graham? Yeah, no discussion, No discussion needed there. What about Carla from Bankstown? Yeah? SHERYLN. Barnes is one of my favorites creators of all time.
Speaker 3: Go she's on the lily Pad twenty four to seven.
Speaker 1: Abby Chatfield, Oh, you reckon? I think so okay?
Speaker 3: To be honest, I lent towards to start, but no definite major queen of the rats.
Speaker 1: In fact, Martha from Maths she's not a frog? Yeah? Maybe she is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd like Kylie Jenner Martha all the cut or every Kutashian are frogs.
Speaker 1: Why you're a cardash because you think.
Speaker 3: About the plump face features rats is? You and jen are perfect examples of rats? And I'm a perfect example of you.
Speaker 1: Here is the implying that the Kardashians have a plumper face than me. That is just so far from the truth.
Speaker 3: Hey, sit down, rat oh RuPaul from RuPaul's Drag Race.
Speaker 1: Oh that's tough. That's a tough one, Rat. Sorry, I'm saying it no conceits but in drag Oh is it just me? That's enough of these two. Look now, let's hear and is it just you?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 1: Time for it?
Speaker 3: Is it just you? Oh?
Speaker 1: Sorry? Hold on? How's your little rusk going? I made it through the center of the roof. Do you know how hard it is to say rusk stick with a lisp? Try it? Rusk stick? Yeah, you go straight from an s k to an st and I have to really slow it down. Rusk sick? Oh even it's hard for me. It's not good. That makes it feel better.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's jump into an Is it just you?
Speaker 4: This?
Speaker 3: This is your chance as a listener to come on the show and do what we do every day.
Speaker 1: You just don't get paid the millions that we get. Mad.
Speaker 3: Look, it's fine, you'll get there one day. Something you've noticed, something you hate or appreciate. Tory's gotten in touch this week Hate Tory, Welcome, Hi.
Speaker 1: Hi guys, Hi Jenna, Hello darl And House things good?
Speaker 4: Cold?
Speaker 1: Yeah, isn't it cold? I had to get the k maart eat it back out. I'm loving it.
Speaker 4: It's horrible. I hate it, but I'm so excited to be on the show.
Speaker 1: With our pleasure. Where about the calling from.
Speaker 4: Ah darling Hurst, d'reckney baby, it's not that doesn't work?
Speaker 3: So yes, we'll give a punch of song.
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 4: I'm a finance manager.
Speaker 1: I have no idea what that means.
Speaker 4: No, I just work with money, you know Ah?
Speaker 3: On this show then there's so much of that floating around.
Speaker 1: That's the sort of job where if the uber driver asks you what do you do and you say I'm a finance manager, there's no follow up questions.
Speaker 4: I know there's no It's hard to explain sometime, but I just go, oh, just money.
Speaker 1: Imagine if her regym was just is it just me? Or is managing finance so hard?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Like how bad it is? I'm quite bad at it myself.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm Tory, Bradley's going to take you in and give us your jealk.
Speaker 4: Okay, sure, is it just me. Do you love looking at what people are doing on their phones like strangers?
Speaker 1: H Not really, not really, because I feel bad. I feel this immediate guilt and I'm like, no, look away, look away.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I love it. It's kind of like when you're in the city and you're looking at a hotel through hotel windows, and I love seeing what people are up to. It's weird because they have a whole other life that you just know nothing about, and it's really fascinating to me.
Speaker 1: See. I hate hearing that because every time I've got my phone out in public and I'm like, I'm like, oh look, yeah, I always think to myself, oh, it's someone going to be spying on me, watching what I'm doing on my screen. But then I think, no, I would never do that to anyone else, so why would they do it to me? But now I know there's people.
Speaker 3: I was talking to someone the other day and I was trying to get like a looking at what they were doing.
Speaker 1: I was like really cranking the neck around.
Speaker 3: And they had one of those privacy screen protectors so you can only see face on, but if you're on the side, it blacks it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the vibe that's yeah, I don't like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wouldn't get one of those that because I don't have that much to hide, to be honest. But if you have you spotted anything juicy when you're on your phone snoopy, I.
Speaker 4: Mean not anything that really you know, anything really exciting. But it's just so interesting to see, like what people do in their free time when there's no one around. It's a little bit of a guilty pleasure. I must say.
Speaker 3: I love to air drop random photos of things to other people, like when you're on a plane or when you're in the public area.
Speaker 4: Could do that, I won't have apples.
Speaker 3: Sorry, she's long gone, she's gone to is gone.
Speaker 1: I was thinking that she had a really clear line, she had a great Yeah, I think that's the android shit. You're wrong. Did you actually hung up on its?
Speaker 3: Sorry, Tator, that's how it works.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks for calling, Tory, love you.
Speaker 3: Thanks, But if you're gone on it. Android people don't like Android people. Their emojis suck.
Speaker 1: They're like, you don't see their emojis when they send it to you, which translates to apple true.
Speaker 3: But I just know they suck because it's a green bubble and I go I knew they meant to give you the ugly grimacing emoji. Anyway, all right, if you want to get on the show, send us, is it just us? You can dms a couple of miches, send us a voice note too, or just get in touch and or grab you on the show right now, guys, you're all across what it is?
Speaker 1: You're all across what time it is? Jes As, This is that a moderator game tour.
Speaker 3: The townspeople look Jenner behind you.
Speaker 1: The townspeople are all on the mountain side.
Speaker 3: They are ready to deem. We've already done. Australia's actually international the world's best doorbell. Right today we are ranking the world's best car horn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, baby, everyone's got one.
Speaker 3: Everyone's got one, and they are different, Like my dad drives a BMW European car and it's like it's beefy horn.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Some of them are just single note horns, like a yeah. But then some of them are harmony. They're like they get more than one note at one.
Speaker 3: My mum's Volkswagon, she's had it for so long it's actually sad now. Ah, it used to be a Titan Bright. I'm a Volkswagon, so.
Speaker 1: You've got five people on the line ready to show. It's their horns.
Speaker 3: Five people, baby, from all walks of life. They're all live standing by in their cars.
Speaker 1: So should we begin, Okay, let's do it. Who we got up for? Let's go.
Speaker 3: Let's start with Charles. Actually, we'll get Charles on the line. Charles is in Bathist in New South Wales. Hi, Charles, Hello, Hi, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Charles. What do you drive, Charles?
Speaker 4: I'm driving a scoder and right now in school pickup? So interesting?
Speaker 1: Oh a Skoda? What's that European? Right, Charles?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, well Charles, we're ready. Give us your horn.
Speaker 1: Okay, here it goes.
Speaker 3: You go one more, Charles, school consider.
Speaker 4: I'm sure.
Speaker 1: I like that. No, that's a that's a hefty horn. That one that's packed the part. Is it an old horn, Charles? Or a freshy afresh ah?
Speaker 3: I can hear it too. It was vibrant. It was vibrant and had notes of life left in it?
Speaker 1: Am I ranking these like the doorbells?
Speaker 3: Yes, you're in charge. Yeah, you're ranking from five to one.
Speaker 1: So that was Charles. It's a good one. Go out.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Jessica. Now, hello, Jessica, welcome to the show. Whereabouts are you?
Speaker 4: I'm in South Australia.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you drive to k that's a big mummy. That's a big soccer mum. Car is?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 1: Will drive right?
Speaker 4: Not for drive? Not?
Speaker 1: I will hit that. I want to hear there, go for it, jess Am.
Speaker 4: I doing it from inside the car. Outside.
Speaker 1: Well, you can't really do it from outside, can you? You have to physically hit it?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 4: Here we go?
Speaker 1: Ready? Whoa are you in a garage?
Speaker 4: I'm undercover parking here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That echo? That really adds to it. One more, just one more? All right?
Speaker 6: Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 1: That's a good horn. Yeah, that did things to me. Jessica. Wow, Jesse, don't you go anywhere. I got a feel in your clue because get your the top babait. Maybe let's go to Ripley. Oh my god, can you believe it? I'm not.
Speaker 3: Ripley's on. Hey, riple whereabouts you in the country?
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm in Melbourne, Melbourne. From Melbourne, Okay, so we're going right around. We're getting to taste of different horns. Ripley. What do you drive? I drive a two thousand and four Honda Integra Integra. That sounds kind of grand, doesn't I've never even heard of that.
Speaker 3: It's like a judge. You'd get into Laura orders for you, the presiding judges, the honorable Integra.
Speaker 1: So give it to us, Ripley, go for it all right, here we go.
Speaker 3: Wow, I instantly got transported. Don't know about you to primary school twenty and forty.
Speaker 1: Go again, Ripley. All right, Wow, that almost.
Speaker 3: Sounds like a SIMS like a video game.
Speaker 1: Did you ever play Grand Theft Daughter? I feel like you could beat the horn on there, Yeah, or like SIMS and hit and run. Ye, that's what it reminds me.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, a Ripley. That's a good contender.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Wow, this is tough. Actually, there is a three stronghorn.
Speaker 3: Well we're gone. Threw strong horns?
Speaker 1: Oh I got no horn for you. Okay, let's go to Lee. Now.
Speaker 3: Lee's called through highly. Where in the world are you? I am in blake Blakehurst.
Speaker 1: That in Sydney.
Speaker 3: It's in Sydney. Blakehurst is in Sydney.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 3: So we got another one from New South Wales.
Speaker 1: Lee. What do you drive? What's your car? Four wrap four. See the woman a few words, Lee, How long have you had your rab.
Speaker 4: Three years?
Speaker 1: Okay, so feeling you?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gave up smoking a PD an ice car.
Speaker 1: Oh I love that. Don't try and get pity points though. That is really cool though.
Speaker 3: Are you a frugal horn user or are you like honking everyone on the front and center?
Speaker 4: Um? No, I use it when I have.
Speaker 3: To on a podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, don't count your chickens before they hatch. Okay, let's hear the horn, leeg, go for it.
Speaker 3: Wow, that was for a RAB four A bigger cun. That's a high pitch horn.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, that one was a little bit painful to hear. But having said that, that makes it an effective horn, doesn't it. That's the sort of horn that if you honked behind me in traffic, I'd get pissed off. Yeah, one more timely, Where are you at the moment?
Speaker 4: I'm at the front of my house.
Speaker 1: Okay, and I.
Speaker 4: Just scared a few high school kids.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh my god, there's school kids around. Can you can you hold down your horn for an uncomfortable amount of time?
Speaker 3: I can.
Speaker 1: It's car horned chicken. Can you just beap it as long as you can before you chicken out. That was pretty good. That wasn't That was pretty good? Pretty good, but no extra points. That's how the game. Thank you? Lee? All right? Can we go back to Charles in Bathist? Yeah we can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're going back back to Charles in Bathist.
Speaker 1: Are you still on the school run?
Speaker 4: Sure? I'm just about to pick up the kids.
Speaker 1: We just played a game of car horn Chicken with Lee and Blakehurst. Can you just hold down your horn for an uncomfortable amount of time until you chicken out?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You can.
Speaker 4: The teachers like right in front.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like wave them and go sorry, accident, You're not your boss, But I reckon aim for ten seconds? Go on, Charles?
Speaker 4: Ready, Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 1: I reckon Ripley. I reckon Ripley. You'll do it. Let's go to Ripley. Charles Ripley is on. Hi, Ripley. You're there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, but we've turned this into a game of car horn Chicken. Are you still in that in the underground park? Where are you again?
Speaker 4: No? I'm in my apartment's parking lot.
Speaker 1: Is there people around? Not so much?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Sorry, tunnel Jessica, are you there? Are there people around in that underground park. We've turned this into a game of car horn chicken. I'm just getting people to hold down their horn for as long as possible for all right, go on, you are all.
Speaker 3: Right, Thank you, Jessica. We're back to you with the results very soon. We have one more and fine car horn, which is actually ascending. They're not on the phone, yep, but we have a friend of the show and dad of Mitchell Kohon's I know, isn't this called just Ian Coombs is sent in his truck. I believe it's a truck or a tractor.
Speaker 1: Well, this is the point of difference, isn't it. It's a truck horn.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's different to a you stand, a commercial car. But this is Ian Coombs. He sent this in for us.
Speaker 1: So you wanted to get him on the phone, but didn't he say, oh no, there's no reception on the phone, so I'm gonna have to film it and send it in.
Speaker 3: Which is still taken forever to get. But this is Ian Coombs and his truck horn.
Speaker 1: Okay, Mitch, is that truck horn you want to hear? That is harsh. It is quite satisfying to beat that horn too. So cute, isn't he. I've beat that horn myself. Yeah, And because you're.
Speaker 3: Like, you're in a truck right like that, it reverbiates through the medal sounds different.
Speaker 1: You scare the shit out of anyone. This is potentially a super question. Have you ever driven in a truck before? I have? Yeah, it's fun because all the kids on the side of the road do that thing with their arm to like tell you to beat the horn. That's what that means. Yeah, I'll beat the horn, and if you're not a fun sucker, you'll actually do it.
Speaker 3: They get a thrill out of the truck in the middle of the steering wheel or is it actually a trigger like a string.
Speaker 1: Hit the steering wheel. It's an old about that.
Speaker 3: Well, it's time for a result. We need a decision out of you, Mitchell. Let me play the official intro because this, as it always does every time, turns.
Speaker 1: Into it's the top five. It's on five horns. God, it's tricky because I think this is tougher than the doorbit. Definitely, definitely. Okay, Well, I'm thinking should I go five to one? Is that how we do this? Yeah? Five to one countdown Okay. Yeah, it's like a countdown so you can want you Joe, it's a lesbian vo girl just.
Speaker 3: Clearly flew in, just floating.
Speaker 1: Okay, so number five in last place, I'm going to say Lee from Blakehurst. It was just a bit pitchy Barbara. Remember this one. That one just pisses me off. Yeah, it's a bit of a Karen's horn.
Speaker 3: No, I agree, it wasn't my favorite horn. Sorry, sorryly that's number five.
Speaker 1: Okay, number four. As much as I loved this horn from Charles in Bathurst, this was it. That horn pack is a punch.
Speaker 3: I like the horn too. That was one of my favorites, I'll be honest.
Speaker 1: But he bitched it during car horn.
Speaker 3: I've punish you like the horn, but because he was a little pussy, he's been knocked out.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't use that word. Sorry, frightened the Lolipop lady. Number three just because I don't want to be accused of favoritism is Ian Coombs with the bog and Gate truck horn. Yeah, I agree, solid contender there, Ian. Let's have another listen? Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 3: When you're listening to them back all in a quick a quick like succession this is number three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also that wouldn't have bothered anyone because it's so isolated in the country. Number two, sorry, our Joe, can you introduce me? Thank you, Joe. Number two is Jessica with a clue. Yeah, that was hot. The horn itself is not that great, but just that echo of the underground car park.
Speaker 3: Yeah, have a listen to the horn.
Speaker 1: It was my favorite.
Speaker 3: If I was in charge, this would have been my number one.
Speaker 1: I loved it. Oh well, my number one has gone to in Melbourne with the Honda Integra. Listen to this.
Speaker 6: Definitely number one.
Speaker 1: Yep, No, that takes me back. That is hot. Ripley, how are you there?
Speaker 4: Hey? Yeah, you've won.
Speaker 1: You have the world's best one. King of horns, King of horns, give us another honk Ripley, All right, can here we go? Yeah? Yeah, I like that one. Amazing, gorgeous. It sounds like Simpson's Hit and Run.
Speaker 3: You're right now, grand Theft Autos video game horn and what was it the Holden Integrad Integra.
Speaker 1: That's now. Time I listened to it back, I'm like, oh, what's that number one? No, we got to run, it's been hard. Take it.
Speaker 3: Well, you can we'll send you an eager mug as well.
Speaker 1: Ripley to say congratulations, amazing, thank you so much, gaining a pleasure.
Speaker 3: Hunk us out, give us a honk us out, Give us like a tune or something, not much of a tune.
Speaker 1: His air bag just went off.
Speaker 10: Just me.
Speaker 1: Listening on Spotify.
Speaker 3: Don't forget to leave a five star eating you're listening to?
Speaker 6: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Remember last week on the podcast, you made the claim that you're jealous of baby's food. You think that they've got a better range of options when it comes to baby food versus adult food.
Speaker 3: I just think it's more exciting and they get different different textures, and they have pouches and it looks creamy and yarm like adult desserts few and far between.
Speaker 1: You were very impassioned about it. This is what you said.
Speaker 3: Kids get all the good snacks, they get all the good food rusks. I'd love to just suck on a sick of carbohydrate for a day.
Speaker 6: But no one's stopping you.
Speaker 3: You can't culture, society doesn't let me do it.
Speaker 1: Well, isn't this your yes man? Era? If I bring in baby food next week, will you try them? Yes?
Speaker 3: Good, okay, but I want sweet ones. I don't want the savory like mushy peas.
Speaker 1: Do you get what to given? And so I did say I was going to bring in some baby food based off our listeners recommendation. Well, I've already sucked on half a rusk, Yes you have. How's that going? By the way, the rusk, how would you even explain them? Surprising? There's still crunchy.
Speaker 3: It's like a crushket and like a really really dry biscuit in the shape.
Speaker 1: Of a finger. And what's the purpose of them?
Speaker 3: I think it's when babies are teething, their teeth hurt, so instead of giving them a rubber toy to suck and you give them a rusk and they kind of eat it and it gets soft over time.
Speaker 1: Right, So it's just meant to keep their mouth busy? Is that the point?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What God meant to bite it like that? No, you're definitely not. You could have snapped your teeth.
Speaker 3: I'm an adult with fully developed canine, so I'm okay, but a toddler I should not be biting this.
Speaker 1: They can't bite through it.
Speaker 3: I also need salt, sorry, but someone give me some mouth on sea salt.
Speaker 1: There actually is salt over here in Jackieo's desk. Give you want some?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 3: I want? Okay, I actually got baby music for this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is gorgeous. What do you want?
Speaker 3: What delectable delicacies do you have for me?
Speaker 1: Well, I did ask my sister, like, what's a baby's day on a plate? Because you know, she's got three kids and obviously she starts the day with a breastfeed And I'm not going to pretend I didn't try and get breast milk for this episode. But finally enough it's hard to come by. I was actually going to come in here and try and give you breast milk.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Genna, thank god you're not la day. I had to have latched on again.
Speaker 1: And so she basically just said, you want some fruit and stuff in the morning once she wants some a bit of protein and some veggies because she's a healthy mum. But I did put it out to the idiots as well. Yeah, and so they've sent him some recommendations, and the two most popular recommendations in baby food world. Up the baby music. Here we go, Which one do you want to start with? There's two little pouches of baby food. One of them is dessert. It's like a banana custard. What's the other one? It's not savory, is it? I don't want savory. The other one is like a full on proper meal mushed into a little pout.
Speaker 3: Oh, I didn't want one ft I wanted like chocolate rich custard.
Speaker 1: No, but my sister said, you need to make sure that they get like a source of protein and they I'm a fully grown man. Yeah, but you said you wanted to do the baby food diet. It's like a friend.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm in my yes man era. Okay, okay, So do.
Speaker 1: You want to start with the banana custard? Yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, that's a bit more of a safe one there. And tell me if that's any way, shape or form different to normal adult banana cust So it's a hind banana custard, little treat. It's a little treat for me. I eat six of these.
Speaker 3: Now here's the thing, this little twisty top I'm cracking open.
Speaker 1: It's fun.
Speaker 3: But we have that with adults, like when is the last time you had banana custard?
Speaker 1: Never? Because it's not an option for us. I think I think it is.
Speaker 3: You can get like rice pudding and yogurt, but you can't get banana custard on tap.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you can. I'm really sure you can Google it's a strong banana.
Speaker 3: And now it says explore a six months plus and that's that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I suppose that is you. You are six months plus? Cheers, cheers? What do you think? Yuck? That's fantastic? Is there is there any different to normal? That is? I am not even embellishing for the show. That's delicious? Really, do you want to try something? Suck of the pouch? Not really? Come on, so you've just put your lips on it. Oh we've kissed, come on, just try it. I'll just kind of pour it into my mouth without making it and I didn't get any backsplash.
Speaker 3: It's really young and Jenna your next, Oh he's getting a good amount.
Speaker 1: It's delicious. It's like smooth, though there's less glug to it, as if a baby can choke on a little glug.
Speaker 3: Jenna, come on, open, I don't want.
Speaker 1: It, yack. Don't be fucking hysterical. Jack.
Speaker 3: That's not out of ten for me.
Speaker 1: Yes, So Rebecca said that that's her son'svorite. She recommended that in our sure, I don't want me, I'm okay. So that's the the cute, deserty one, the sweet one, that's what you were after. But then obviously everyone in our group is recommending the full on meal ones as well, which is just funked really, Like, how can you purate a whole lass chicken and peas? Can I read it past it to me? What is it? What does it say? Chicken, peas and whole meal pasta with this little photo on there, it's like a whole lass meal. Gross. This is six months too. It's straight off the bat. It's a heavier pouch, is it?
Speaker 3: It's instantly heavier. O wonder how Caterina Gooses did it because she lost ten I'm telling you she lost ten kilos in high school on the baby food diet. But she had the little pots I think that was pre pouch days, and she had a little spoon it was a foldable one and she would eat the pots of baby food. She lost ten kilo.
Speaker 1: And we'll come back to that. Because I've been researching the baby food diet. I know that you're considering it because it worked for her. But like I'd reckon a after you taste this and beat after I give you the fact that what like, literally a little green nugget came out. That is gross. I did not expect that baby food to be green. Imagine that when the baby shits it out. Oh, it's on the floor. Now I have to get it. Oh, yes, I reckon. After I tell you the pros and cons of the babyfood diet, and after you taste that, you'll be off the idea. Don't tell me you've got Katerina Gooses in the green room. No, I don't know who Katerina Goosegg is. All right, Rabbity's guarden. Here it goes?
Speaker 3: Is this chicken, peas and wholemeal pastam not sure where the brown color comes from, but it's more.
Speaker 1: Of a greenie. Let's go color.
Speaker 4: It's pasta.
Speaker 1: Oh my, you sound like you're enjoying it too much. Just say when people can't see your facial expression, they're just hearing this.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's dra I'm going again for something that's ninety nine per liquid.
Speaker 1: Hold on, that's thick. You just open your mouth and I saw it on your tongue. It is so gross and green. That's fucking awful. It's like Shrek hopped a gully in his mouth. That's what it looks like.
Speaker 3: I'm going back to that rust to just cleanse my pal So what does it taste like?
Speaker 1: Host like? I can't even explain it. Give it an I want to go. Does it taste like what if? Oh you put the num back when you threw it at me, I died. I can't tell you. Does it taste like chicken peas and wholemeal pasta?
Speaker 3: It tastes like the suggestion of chicken peas and whole I hate pea.
Speaker 1: So this is going to be gross. Oh it's so green? Why is it? Why is overwhelming? The hinds? Okay, here we go. Oh oh, our parents, please don't feed this to your children. Yeah.
Speaker 3: If you want baby Jes to grow into a smart young woman, don't feed a raff in his garden.
Speaker 1: No, that's just cruel. I'm calling Doc.
Speaker 3: If you kids this ship, Jenna, please try come on.
Speaker 6: I can't this is disgusting.
Speaker 1: This is cruel. Jenna. We're not gonna We will not rest until you have a girl. I just have a big Jenna. I don't want to Jackie. I've seen you eat far worse. Have you seen the food that she brings to work when she makes her own lunch. It's like rabbit food. It's like a whole lettuce and one corner of a chicken sen itsel with like tomato sauce. Oh, she can't cook for ship.
Speaker 3: True, I don't hate to know what. I've never actually pictured gener eating a meal. I don't think i've seen her eat. I'm not.
Speaker 1: Is this the moment we find that she is a vampire. I've never seen you eat.
Speaker 3: I've seen you eat sweets and and treats, but never a barely.
Speaker 6: I can't have this.
Speaker 1: I've seen you. You had a little above Jennis.
Speaker 3: She's got a trill bird seed on the hook.
Speaker 1: No, come on, try it. You have to there we go, Oh no, that's just come on, we've all done it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's bonding, all right.
Speaker 1: Look at she's going for it. You didn't. She just touched her tongue with it. She's acting like she just have her bite and then wash it down with your water.
Speaker 3: She's acting like she's just a tissue.
Speaker 1: No, I need a tissue. Were a tissue right there?
Speaker 6: You have a tissue just in case I need to vomit.
Speaker 1: What's the tissue going to do? You're sure you don't want to be.
Speaker 3: She is hysterical.
Speaker 1: She acts like we've got a gun to her head. We're really not traumatizing her. Just try it. Trying it here, we go, Oh no, yeah, So how are you feeling about the baby food diet.
Speaker 3: I'm not doing it unless it's.
Speaker 1: Is killing over turned her mark off. I don't want to win print. So the babyfood diet, she sounds like a baby. She just licked it. She didn't actually put it in her Catterina Grucius is a line bitch. Can I ask did she keep the weight off? You said she lost ten krees.
Speaker 3: This was when we were fifteen. She looks good now, but she probably put it all back on.
Speaker 1: The idea apparently the babyfood diet is you replace two meals with just baby food, but then you have to have an actual adult meal, but either lunch or dinner to make it somehow sustainable, because it's not sustainable for long term weight loss. It's a bit like a clean You'll lose it like that, but you'll put it back on as soon as you go about God and I got it. It's severely restrictive, not enough calories. You've researched this, Yep, it's low on protein and other nutrients. I mean, have you ever seen like a buff baby? Hello? No, No, I haven't. And it's actually more expensive than real whole foods when you think about it, like how much food is in here? Yeah? True?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And how much of that got so?
Speaker 3: True?
Speaker 1: Good point? All right. I wouldn't recommend it, but I.
Speaker 3: Will say if you're in a pinch and you want to put it was delicious for a dessert. That banana was great, Come on, come on, cust was good.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's fine, fine, but I wouldn't be replacing meals with.
Speaker 3: That, definitely not. Jenna is beside herself.
Speaker 1: Get over it, jin yucky. Well, if any of our listeners are currently lactating, please send us your breath for me.
Speaker 3: To try that po bucks.
Speaker 1: If we want to do the baby food diet, justice.
Speaker 3: Now milk, I promise I'm officially done. It will never be happy to So you agree that adult food is better?
Speaker 1: I agree, hands down. Were going to finish it off a few I was wrong.
Speaker 3: Now the pouch at me?
Speaker 1: Hey, Jenna Haby birthday, get it away from all right, we're getting out at you. Thank you for listening, everybody. Thank you idiots. Wow, what a weird week that was.
Speaker 3: Remember if you look at your mom or your dad and your partner this weekend, just think are they A or A?
Speaker 1: And get back to us, because everyone in the world is one of the two. I've never thought about that I'm going to be. I'm going to be scanning every face I see from now on.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're going to be walking through the city going rat rat frog, rat frog.
Speaker 1: Why don't we do our own version like we do pig or what's another animal equivalent to a rat bird? Pig, orfinch, pig or cassiwary, big sparrow. The most elegant bird in existence is igle. No, the Major Mitchell. Oh, they're like a galar. But the pinky, Yeah, they're pastel pink instead of that foul shade of watermelon red that glars have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know, Major Mitchell would have been an awful man. It was probably some military mate. It was the major in the art. He probably sought millions.
Speaker 1: You know, you're dissing your own name at the same time, right, Yeah, true, Sorry, she said, there's no famous Mitchell's The bird.
Speaker 3: I want to google who Major Mitchell was stand by?
Speaker 1: Oh god, I thought we were leaving. That was so great.
Speaker 3: No, because I want to make sure Jesus, Oh Major Mitchell was an explorer.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 3: I'm sure he didn't you know, commit genocidghor I meing, So.
Speaker 1: Thomas said, to know that you haven't rethird today.
Speaker 3: Mitchell seventeen ninety two, shit surveyor, an explorer of southeastern Australia. Born at Grangemouth. He took up appointment here.
Speaker 1: Boring, boring born, Yeah, I interest. What did he do of the Peninsular War? Oh?
Speaker 3: No, he joined the army in Portugal, Portugal. In Portugal, Portugal?
Speaker 1: Is that what your thing?
Speaker 3: In Portugal?
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 3: He devoted himself to finishing his drawings.
Speaker 1: So he went from water art.
Speaker 3: What a pussy. He's a classic Mitchell and perfect for a pussy like pink bird. Hey, he left the war to focus on his oil paste health.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, I need to be discharged in the Portugal War. I left out my watercolors. They'll try up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can go, Major Mitchell. Oh that bird that just swooped you have.
Speaker 1: You can keep your semi automatic assault rifles. I'm going back to my easel. I'm so glad. I thought he would have been.
Speaker 3: You know, you know what happened when Captain Cook landed. It was horrific, So I thought maybe Mitch was involved, But no, he was a pussy on the ship on the endeavor.
Speaker 1: And now he's got the most like pathetic little bird named after him. That's so good. Oh classic, glad, I got it all right. Thank you for your service, Major Mitjohn.
Speaker 3: We will see you all next week.
Speaker 1: We love you. Thanks for listening. Leave us a review five stars and it will catch your things.
Speaker 3: Oh can't forget sorry, before we go, you can get me on Haddie Brownson.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, do you want to? If you want to double dose of this. I've managed to convince Mitch Cherry to come and feel in on trash Alley.
Speaker 3: Why the I don't know. Can I bring that in with me to the trash Ali HQ?
Speaker 1: I mean I really can't stop you, no, but yeah, so you're feeling in on trash Alley this week? All right, Hay is away So Wednesday seven am only on Spotify. YEP, this week's episode of trash Alley.
Speaker 3: I'm on trash Allie and I'm very excited, are you actually yes?
Speaker 1: Of course I'm famously flagged off the podcast as if it's some sort of threat to you.
Speaker 3: Now that I am part of it, I'm so excited and I think it's a great part of your career Mitchell. And I'm so thrilled to be supporting your podcast and lesser known podcasts to general, let's be real.
Speaker 1: So it's nice.
Speaker 3: I can actually claim missus charity tax back. So that's why.
Speaker 1: Well, any idiots that haven't checked out trash Alli before, don't worry. You don't have to have like a Spotify subscription. You don't have to pay for it. To download the app and then you'll be able to find the podcast there.
Speaker 3: So trash Alie, we will see you on trash Alli.
Speaker 1: When does that drop? Wednesday? Seven am. I did mention that, sorry was major Mitchell's on the screen. He's a handsome man.
Speaker 3: He's not bad.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: We love you guys, thank you for listening to this show, and we'll see you in a week.
Speaker 1: Catch to the in bbe now is.
Speaker 10: It just medcast by a couple of mitches?
Speaker 1: Make sure you've get to phollow on your podcast? Welcome to add brief. This is our secret segment. On the end, we wrap up and we say see ya, and then we're just talk shit. This is where our add runs a bit wild tangent Scalore. Oh, it really kicks in. There's no add brief on trash Alley. There's no bit to shit talk. There's no designated shit talk though. But do you like that?
Speaker 3: Because add brief we can get a lot off our chest.
Speaker 1: No, it's good, but they're still room for tangents. And you know, yeah, I had a thought.
Speaker 3: You know, major Mitchell, because he's named at the bird named after someone? What are other things that are named after famous people that you wouldn't realize?
Speaker 1: I'll just google it.
Speaker 5: So apparently Salisbury's steak, Salisbury's steak, what's that? It's not the brand of steak. No, it's it's steak in a beef sauce with gravy. Oh, it's like a dish and I'll get the Salisbury Steak. He's named after James Salisbury. He was an American physician and a chemist known for his advocacy of a meat centered diet to promote health. So they named they steak after him.
Speaker 1: That interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, omelet is named after Andre Omelett. Is it really the French novelist and poet he started Omelet with truffles and asparagus.
Speaker 1: That sounds rank.
Speaker 3: There you got the Mason jar named after John Mason?
Speaker 1: What else you got? This is so interesting?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna pick more items. Only just got the preview jacuzzie.
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 3: You know, Oh my god, immigrants from Italy, the Jacuzive robbers. Oh yeah, they developed a pump to use in the bath. Not only did it su arthritis of a relative, but at caught on amongst the general public.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. They're a modern day Mario Luis. What's the difference between the jacuzzie and a spa? Isn't it the same ship? Yeah? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Braille for people who were seeing impaired side and.
Speaker 1: Paired, Yeah, Louis Braille. Louis Braille. He's like, what if we just poke some dots?
Speaker 3: The Fairest wheel get fuck George W. G.
Speaker 1: Fairest. Well act so shocked. It's like most things probably weren't named after the person invented them, like do you reckon? Cameras were named after like Morgan camera. Like it's probably that they don't be too hard, Graham Crackers, Svestagram. I could probably guess most of their names.
Speaker 3: Oh that's really good. Nine things you didn't know were named after people?
Speaker 1: Okay, what were rusk six? Named after Betty Rausk?
Speaker 3: Probably this is damn Look. Macadamian nuts named after doctor Ferdinand von Mueller.
Speaker 1: Oh well, now that's a curve for I was expecting something like a know, Tiffany Maceademia found him and goes, fuck, they're good. Put that in a white chop tip cookie it that way.
Speaker 3: De Ferdinand von Muller, director of the voyl Botennical Gardens, named the genus of the tree after his good friend and colleague John mcad.
Speaker 1: Macadam.
Speaker 3: Oh this is nacho's.
Speaker 1: Ah, what was it? Parry nachos?
Speaker 3: No bed dress nachos.
Speaker 1: One of these days I'm going to get the correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I'm going to give you the product, and you guess who invented it?
Speaker 1: So tupperware, Madeline tupper, oh el tupper class, whoa what do you reckon? They'd name the coombs? What would I ever invent the coombs?
Speaker 3: I feel like the Coombs is a series of lakes. Hey, you want to go two weeks off. Yeah, let's go down of the comb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's get her house bad and we'll cruise down the coombs. Yeah. Oh you know Julie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she got a nice house down by the coombs. You can see all the combs.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What would the chury be the churry? Maybe you'll get into optometry and you'll release your own range of cheery eating glasses. That's good.
Speaker 3: Well, I actually was thinking after watching Celebrity Apprentice, if I'm married chury a pit, she'd.
Speaker 1: Be Oh my god, yes, that just an inventor of the arm pit cheery pit. Sandwich. Eh, Sandwich. What do you think the story behind that is? I really don't know, but you're gonna tell me how.
Speaker 3: John Mantarget was the fourth Earl of Sandwich, so it's the town. Apparently Montagu was an avid gambler who would routinely satisfy his hunger with nothing but a piece of roast beef between two slices of bread. And he was the Earl of Sandwich, so hands Sandwich.
Speaker 1: Imagine coming up with that idea. He would have felt so clever. What if I don't just eat the bread of the standalone, I stick some shit in the middle. Fuck never been done before. There would have been someone in the world that went, actually, I actually did try that. I've done that before. He's claiming invented it. I've been doing that for years. That didn't. Yes, absolutely credit, let's reverse it. Jules le Atard. What did Jiles invent? No, the toaster, Go and hit me with another one.
Speaker 3: What do you think in eighteen hundred Rudolph Diesel invented the hammer? He missed it just by a bit. Yeah, he invented Diesel the men's wear like.
Speaker 1: This is fun.
Speaker 3: I'm running out to be honest. Thomas and William Bowler came up.
Speaker 1: With what, oh the toothpick, bowling balls? You're both wrong?
Speaker 4: What was it?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: The bowler hat? Wow, I never would have picked that.
Speaker 3: Muhammeda ib musa Kawana Krashimzi.
Speaker 1: What what did they invent?
Speaker 6: Chicken wings?
Speaker 3: No, they invented the algorithm?
Speaker 1: Okay, that was the hard one.
Speaker 3: Ain't the ninth century Persian mathematician and astronomer who is considered the founder of algebra? Okay, okay, Caesar Cardini?
Speaker 1: Oh did they invent tiger barm?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 3: That was Jeanette Foltah. Damn it, Caesar Cardini was, of course the Caesar Salad. I guess what about Guy Fawks?
Speaker 1: Oh, he invented the Sims money cheap Plumbbob.
Speaker 3: Yes, no, No, guy planned to blow up the British Parliament in sixteen o five, so they hung him, and that's where the term.
Speaker 1: Guy came from. Actually, before you do anymore, I just notice walking around in the office. Is that Hannah chick that voices all our ads in the podcast?
Speaker 4: Is she?
Speaker 1: Oh? I went a major. Yeah, we should introduce her to the idiots because they hear her voice all the time. They don't know her name. Every time she talks to me in the office, I feel like she's trying to sell men. Come in here, come in here, she comes. She's here sweet. I wonder if I wonder if our listeners knew that there was an actual person in our life that voices those ads. Hey, you're on Mike three. Hold on, you're still Jenner's Mike. Can you just read an ad? No, she's on Mike three, Mike three, Mike three. I believe it's yeah, there we go. Hi Hannah, Sorry to saw you out there and thought i'd bother you.
Speaker 3: Talking to their Give me do a live read that we'd know about.
Speaker 1: Can you start every sentence with before we get back into the podcast?
Speaker 6: Well halfway through today's podcast.
Speaker 1: Wow, talking to Mike talking to the mic, this is good.
Speaker 10: Look, I am so sorry about interrupting you all the time. And do you know what, it's not always messaging that I agree with, But I shouldn't be saying this here.
Speaker 1: You have kids to feed.
Speaker 6: I have kids to feed, so many, so many. I don't even know what hearing the voice. Can you sorry to interrupt the podcast.
Speaker 1: To the podcast.
Speaker 6: I'm just here in person to annoy you.
Speaker 3: Now, Wow, or I'm gonna give you fuck brands and you have to pretend that they've advertised on our show.
Speaker 1: Okay, so to do a live read for h oh God.
Speaker 6: No, I can't endorse Hitler, not again.
Speaker 1: After the first time.
Speaker 4: I didn't know.
Speaker 6: No one gave me this guy a Dolph. No, No, I didn't know. Okay, what about I thought it could be a different guy.
Speaker 3: Just pretend like an embalming company has reached out like a mortuary.
Speaker 6: Okay, embalming an embalming ad.
Speaker 3: Funeral embarming is what if you die? They fill your body with fluid them I.
Speaker 6: Think it's formaldeh actually did a formaldehyde ad.
Speaker 10: What I'm not kidding it was. I was also shocked, like, who is vetting this? That's a big word for me to say. I also famously couldn't pronounce the word masturbate. Masturbate said masturbate. I said it, like, why are you having to voice that for an ad.
Speaker 6: For like a vibrator?
Speaker 1: And do you do a mum and me a podcast? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well my mom, No, Actually I'm not going to get into it.
Speaker 1: Okay, don't Beyonce sponsored the podcast. I want to come with something really stupid.
Speaker 10: What about what about you know in the movie Bugs Life? Yeah, Bugs Life four or something? Oh yeah, do an add the Bugs Life four? Yea, okay, it's in the middle of this podcast, guy, Okay, just interrupting your podcast for a few minutes to talk about Bugs Live four, the all new action series with real life bugs voiced over by the Rock and his daughter the one who likes mwana.
Speaker 1: What about all of your favorite creepy crawleys?
Speaker 10: All of your favorite creepy crawleys are back?
Speaker 1: Wow? I love it?
Speaker 6: Sponsored by Raid Mortine Martine himself live on stage. Is it's Bugs Live four?
Speaker 1: Do you have a really good ad. How did they discover that you do in the building, working in the office, and they were like, she can do it.
Speaker 6: That is literally what happened. They like, go downstairs, get in the booth, make us.
Speaker 1: Some money, and now you have to do that every fucking day of your life. It's quite a lot. I've put some boundaries in anyway. It's so I actually wondering that. I was thinking they must have just asked her once, can you voice this out? And now they ask it every time. Surely at some stage you're gonna be like you might getting paid.
Speaker 10: Usually it's via an email with the subject that says favor, and now it's gotten to a point where it's like another favor.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 6: Podcast wise, we're sorted.
Speaker 1: Now you sound great on our pod. Yeah, I love being on your pod.
Speaker 3: I'll be back great you like it or not, We'll go to the premiere for Bugs Life on I O.
Speaker 6: Ice everyone get down there.
Speaker 1: It's pretty funny. Some people right into it saying, oh my god, because like I think knowing you know, not even that you know how. Sometimes they're like it depends on the location. Like some people on Victoria will hear an ad. We got all these messages from Melbourne listeners being like, oh my god, I was having a cigarette while listening to the podcast there was an anti smoking ad.
Speaker 6: Oh sorry about that, guys. Yeah, our geo targeting is spot one.
Speaker 1: Listeners.
Speaker 6: And oh I also, you know I have a heavy weekend on the vapes.
Speaker 3: I have to come.
Speaker 1: Oh you're preaching to the choir.
Speaker 10: I literally cannot do any ads, none of these unless that's how you got like your deep dults at velvety Voice.
Speaker 6: I have to keep it. I have to keep it like molasses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I'll keep on this thing, on this bitch.
Speaker 1: The money maker.
Speaker 6: The money maker, yeah, the talent, that's your income, you know, COVID, the redundancies.
Speaker 1: No, not scared, not you. We've just met our voice over lady Honey, love you guys. Thanks Honey, Trove, Hannah, you love you so well. There we go. What a show, a real tight package today. I'm I'm glad we could put a name to the voice. I agree.
Speaker 7: She'll be back next week on the podcast. We should have gotten a wrap up learn more about your ad choices. She's gorgeous to all right, I think that banana pudding is repeating on me. So I need to go do a childlike Pooh childlike It'll be running and I'll be crying and it'll be into my pants.
Speaker 1: Wasn't it Colin Pooh that invented the ship? He did, the first ship known to mankind?
Speaker 3: Well, Nancy Nappy, of course invented foxtown.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you for listening with Prudence podcast that we went to the podcast. You know what, it just hit me.
Speaker 3: The only people that get named after things now are celebrities. Like I remember reading the other day Taylor Swift. They discovered a new grub and they.
Speaker 1: Named the scientist with a big swifty. So I'm going to call this foul worm Taylor.
Speaker 3: Seriously, there was another one, Rue Paul, because it had a glitter on its back and it was this awful horned dung beetle.
Speaker 1: Hey, someone get Roo on the phone. My name is the Rue Paul, Charlie r. Imagine if someone called this little growth grub after us, the Mitchell.
Speaker 3: Imagine if that someone called from the CSIRO. We went to the depths of the ocean and we found the ugliest anglerfish we signed, and we're naming it the mistury.
Speaker 1: Oh There's so many whale jokes I can make, but I won't go there.
Speaker 3: No, don't go there, don't go At the end of the day, everyone's either or not an angler fish.
Speaker 1: Obviously. The whale is named after Geraldine tic Tac.
Speaker 3: Yes, Nancy Mitsubishi of course invented toast.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I've still got a cough.
Speaker 3: Oh what about Brent Events Cinemas the chop for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah crazy. I thought that it was Marabelle Talk that invented that. She invented Neurathan yeah, yon, Yeah. What did Paul Michael write aquatic center in oh, rubb a tires? Oh yeah? What did Brooklyn put Putt Golf invent par polarized sunglasses? I think it was.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, Rebecca sliding door.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, tissues? Rebecca sliding door invented the tissue.
Speaker 3: Well, Penny twenty four hour came out invent the turtle neck sweat.
Speaker 1: Visionary. All right, let's get out of here before we go. Better, we better go.
Speaker 3: Love you all all right, take us into our chant.
Speaker 1: And we hope this podcast made you feel at least better today. That's all so we do.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Have your birthday, Jenna, Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm happy twenty ninth and we'll see you guys next week.
Speaker 1: Obviously it was Marcus Fish Tank that had meant to the jump.
Speaker 3: Yes, famously, Yeah famously yeahround renound all right, see you guys happy next week.
Speaker 1: Bye bye.
Speaker 4: Is It Just Me?
Speaker 6: Podcast by a couple of Miches.
Speaker 1: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast.