Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast. Mommy and Daddy have something a little bit sad to tell all of you, our children, our listeners, that Flex and Frooms incorporated. We are consciously uncoupling from the show and from each.
Speaker 2: Other, like Gwen and Chris taught us. Literally, I'm probably Chris in this situation. It's been two years. It's cute, it's sweet. But the girlies are girl bosses. And what do girl bosses do best?
Speaker 1: They girl boss or they don't do anything exactly.
Speaker 3: They do their.
Speaker 2: Bit, they do it well, they go on to new things. And that's all we're doing today. According to studies everywhere, go ask business Insider, the average duration of employment, isn't it like eighteen months?
Speaker 1: I think we've I know, I was going to say two years is pretty good. It feels like rudak. This is not the.
Speaker 2: Time to redact. This is the last time we're gonna be together. Get it out. It's a couple's therapy.
Speaker 1: Okay. It's been really fun. Yeah, loved having redacted food delivery service with you every Wednesday because that's the day that we get food.
Speaker 2: Look, this is like you know, when you resign from a normal job, you can just leave. In this instance, we have to provide context, and context is weird. You know, nobody likes an exit interview.
Speaker 1: What context can we give? It's just time to go, guys. It's as simple as that. It's been a pleasure working together.
Speaker 2: Why do you say it's song and karuguy. It's time to go, guys? What can we say? Credit baby?
Speaker 3: Good news though. Yeah, we're not dying. We're not dead.
Speaker 2: We plan to be in media a very long time. Actually, we will find you on the internet.
Speaker 1: On the internet, you just know where to find me.
Speaker 2: You're gonna launch your book. It's going to be incredible. The nonsense continues together and apart, but.
Speaker 1: Don't threat guys. We have one last live recording in none other than Melbourne. It is at Always Live, which is outside the Arts Center, so you can get the train, all the tram come, have a little look and then go and get coffee on gravel straight and it's free. Yeah, of course you just come and look. It's like we're animals in a box exactly that. Yeah. Tech time, tech time, tech time, It's tech time with Flex and froomes on Kater.
Speaker 3: Push it to the next level.
Speaker 2: We are holding a funeral in our minds for the CEO and co founder of chat GPT who was recently and some would say unfairly fired. Now, why is that a big deal? We've been talking about AI for a little while on our show, maybe the whole time. Actually it's about eighteen months of talking about AI and not really understanding it. We've been trying our hardest to figure it out, and I think the goalposts keep moving once it feels like it makes sense. This is a whole new update chat GPT three, then chat GPT four, and there's mid journey and all of these different functions, and I'm not really sure how to integrate it properly. But this came up on my feeds and I thought that it was just like regular you get fired, it's not a big deal. Maybe you did something slightly illegal, but the conspiracy is really layered, and so what I will do is lead with the facts.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So CHATGBT is owned, it's a for profit owned for it by a not for profit called open Ai, and open AI's big stick is about like finding smart and safe ways to integrate AI in a way that benefits humanity. Emphasis on that. So there's a board of directors like six people. Elon Musk is one of them, but Sam Altman is the guy that they chose to be the face because Elon has other things going on, and so do the other people on the board. Maybe he's the most charismatic.
Speaker 1: Who knows.
Speaker 2: Open Ai came out and said that the board no longer has confidence in Sam's ability to continue leading open ai, and then Sam in response said, I loved my time open Ai. It was transformative for me personally and hopefully the world a little bit. Most of all, I loved working with such talented people. Will have more to say about what's next later. Strangely enough, that was written in all lowercase, which I think was very very cute and sweet.
Speaker 1: I think he wanted to situate he wasn't using chat GPT right, like.
Speaker 3: This is honest, It's coming from a real person.
Speaker 2: And then so I was like, okay, cool, Like what's the big deal with this because it feels amicable, and almost immediately everyone's like, nas, something's off. So days prior, Microsoft had come out and said that they were forbidding any of their employees to use chat GPT, and I think it might have exented to their devices because it wasn't safe. People like, what do you mean it's not safe because we've heard things like anything you put into chat GPT can be used and scrubbed by chat ChiPT for other people's information. So let's say you wanted to write a song using chat GPT and you put in your current lyrics as inspo. That's in the database for anyone to have access to if they were to also write a song with the same terms and whatever. So they said, don't put anything discretionary in there. But Microsoft was inferring that it's worse than that that, like your whole system is not safe and it's compromise for use chatchipt.
Speaker 3: That's one thing.
Speaker 2: Then there was beef between Sam Oltman, the guy who got fired because straight after his co founder, Greg who's his friend, quit in solidarity with Sam Strange. What's that about? Then, Ilia, who's the main guy who's speaking of AHLF of open AI, has basically come forward and said, our priority at chat ChiPT is to make sure that we are accelerating AI in a way that benefits humanity, slow and safe. Even elon mask is like AI can be really dangerous. Let's not push it. Let's do slow and say so when Elon's saying slow and say what do Greg and Sam believe in that they're now getting fired for what exactly? So people are speculating that basically Sam Oltman has uncovered this thing, this kind of copy or code that's going to accelerate AI so fast, and it's going to spiral out of control, and the only inevitable conclusion is that we are going to be impacted unfairly almost immediately. Now, just a couple of days after this all came out and you thought the dust was going to settle open, AIS employees are either threatening or considering leaving to go with Sam Major What is this?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: I don't know what's happening at this point. It's all kind of alleged. I don't really have the full story. I don't think anyone has the full story. But just know this is gonna get worse, and better keep your finger on the pulse with this one.
Speaker 1: Probably my favorite cuisine outside of McDonald's is Italian. As Mickey know's, I like to bring a little Italian food in for us Today I brought carbonara that's Italian, Yeah it is, and I made it with no cream. Guys, so I was doing the real deal.
Speaker 3: What did you put in he.
Speaker 1: And no other cream? Like? No, you do like a plant based option? No, I didn't. You don't use cream with carbonara? Okay, Hunty, I'm pretty sure Mickey is Italian. That's why I'm curious.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Ethnically I'm like from the UK.
Speaker 3: But I do know for a fact, do not.
Speaker 1: Go back to you. We do a best of those moments anyway, Guys, I have a story about parmesan from a listener. This is a really arduous and a harrowing story. Hi, queens, very random little tidbit here, but wanted to pick your brain about this as I am reeling inside. So my boyfriend and I were out to dinner last night at a pretty well known Italian pasta place, docks It Palace. We were seated and were brought our meals, and with said meals, we were giving a little bowl of parmesan and a little spoon to put on top of our past us. As I'd had a few glasses of veno by this point, I was feeling a little cheeky and decided to just have a small little teaspoon of the parmesan as a taste test before sprinkling it onto the dish. Just for your information, I had used said spoon that came in the bowl with the cheese. So here's me scooping up a little palme into my mouth and lapping it up off the spoon. Don't judge anyway. Half an hour goes by and the waitress comes up, reaches down to grab the pot of parmesan and says, do you mind if I take this, then proceeds to walk it over to another table sandspoon, same ball saint parmesan that I had been eating directly from the ball.
Speaker 2: No, babe, I can see the confusion. I can see the confusion. Maybe I can't.
Speaker 1: That's disgusting. Maybe I can't.
Speaker 2: I can imagine an establishment where once you've been served your pasta, the additional parmesan will come and it's yours. But if it was already sitting on the table that reads communal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm not about that life. I'm also not about the little salt dish in the middle with a black maiden sea salt branch and any crunch it between your fingers, like, leave me out of it. The only vibe that I like is when the person comes over with the cheese grater. Mmmm.
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 1: Why it's just a bit real, the other naked a bit real.
Speaker 2: I just won't the assembly to be done out of sight because I don't want to start getting in my head about when when there's a hand been washed, what's the.
Speaker 3: Technique blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: True that being said, though, I imagine this is the kind of parmesan that is like granulated, like spherical maybe, and that never feels high quality, and it absolutely feels communal.
Speaker 1: Not the powdered parmesan in a little spirit, the powdered.
Speaker 2: Palmsan that's got some condensation that's like helped it expand a little bit.
Speaker 1: Mmm. Coigate Eh, horrible stuff. Well, listen, I actually don't mind. I love people that admit embarrassing things. I think it's a very embarrassing.
Speaker 3: You were hard done by hah.
Speaker 2: So I mean I feel that this story hasn't ended though. What happened then, well, I.
Speaker 1: Think she was just getting it off her chest because she felt like quite guilty about it.
Speaker 2: No, guilt's not necessary, your phone, you're a victim, MUMMAE.
Speaker 3: Can I listen to flex?
Speaker 1: And fooms flex and froms Okai. A couple of.
Speaker 2: Weeks ago, I had the urge within my system to google what eat prey love is is the origin of that phrase? Because we use it quite liberally. I kind of thought it just meant like introspect or something like, you take some time out introspect, you know, maybe start meditating.
Speaker 3: I wasn't too far off.
Speaker 2: It's a kind of a memoir, an autobiography by this woman who goes who experiences.
Speaker 3: A divorce, her life falls apart.
Speaker 2: She travels around India and a few other countries, and she writes what that experience is like, and it was like overwhelmingly good and bad. Some people were like, you're running away from your problems.
Speaker 3: Get a grip.
Speaker 2: Other people like, no, this is amazing. You're finding yourself. What are the odds that I would go to India not more than three weeks later do the exact same thing. I said, there's no way you can go to India and not immediately want to simulate eat prey love.
Speaker 3: There's something about it.
Speaker 2: We were doing six am yoga, we were humming with chanting, we were eating mostly vegetarian.
Speaker 3: We're going to temples. We were like it was like slow state vibes.
Speaker 2: The thing that I would say, though, and the one thing that I feel like did my journey a disservice but also made it the best, is that people people's preconceived ideas about what India would be like are all coming from a very movie lens. Like when I told people I was going to India, the first nay said was like, oh my goodness, you vaccinated?
Speaker 3: Have you got vaccinations?
Speaker 1: Papes?
Speaker 3: Like what are you talking about? Like relax? Are we not just going to a new place? Like what's the worst could happen?
Speaker 2: Then it was immediate horror story, Oh be careful, do this do that.
Speaker 3: I was like, it's not that deep.
Speaker 2: You go there and you know how we mentioned like when you go to America, it's exactly the same as the movies. You can't discern you think everyone's a paid actor because of how.
Speaker 3: Good everybody is as being a human.
Speaker 2: Right. I went to India and I'm like, pabes, nobody prepared me for this exact thing. For the one thing that was so stark, I got into our van, We're in the city, I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, where are the women? Where are the women?
Speaker 2: I was like, I just why are there so many men everywhere? And then immediately I to a guy was like, oh, well, like generally speaking, commerce and business is what men are usually doing here, and so you're a commerce area shopping, there are gonna be more men. And so from the very onset and throughout, it's like having to like rewire your brain for these preconceived ideas that really came from prejudices and stereotypes so don't actually exist. We had so many opportunities to go into houses of local people and just like eat with them and cook with them and stuff, and was like, you know how you can do like full tourists and only go to landmarks. We were doing like full tourists, and then like full regular people cosplay to the point where I'm like, whose house am I.
Speaker 3: Sitting in here?
Speaker 2: They're like, who's I'm making chapati right now in someone's kitchen. I was talking to Mickey about it earlier today and I said, I cannot fault the trip at all. Wow, Like, no part of it could I fault, which is very surprising because I'm opinionated and I could imagine a lot could go wrong. It was an influencer trip. It was a twelve day trip packed into seven days. But there was not one thing that wasn't like, Wow, that's great.
Speaker 1: Wow you had good roommates or like fellow travelers, good fellow travelers a fantastic two guid to.
Speaker 2: A guide was really good at explaining cultural context because from her perspective, being Indian, she's aware of Australian culture, but it wasn't the other way around. So she was constantly drawing comparisons and parallels, making sure we went into every space really mindful about the reality of the space that we were occupying, making us really aware of how we'd be perceived, even if we didn't feel comfortable. So I remember when she was suggesting that we get Hannah and we were like, no, bough please no. She was like, this is the cultural context of Hannah. This is what's happening, it's devali at the moment, this is what we're doing. This is why it's appropriate, this is why it might not be appropriate. Level I was like, babes, you are educating us. It was truly phenomenal and I really needed that because I was getting a bit fatigued of holiday in my own style. You know, you can go sit by a pool anywhere, and you don't really feel refreshed. But it was like putting myself outside of my comfort zone in a very comfortable way because it was it five star accommodation.
Speaker 1: It was, of course it was.
Speaker 3: It had to be.
Speaker 1: I like that a circuit breaker.
Speaker 3: What a great phrase. I'm gonna write that down.
Speaker 2: Circuit breaker.
Speaker 1: That's it. What context do you use that in a context? Just like this, when you just do something out of your regular routine. Yeah, and it jolts you in a positive way. That's cool. Do you know what?
Speaker 2: It's also been a circuit breaker. I did what you recommended a couple of weeks ago, just went for a walk. Clear my head really works well, really does work.
Speaker 1: Seriously, guys, try it one dime. Unfortunately, the dog propaganda must stop. I've had enough of it. Tell me why everyone decided one day that they lack dog oas and it became a personality trait.
Speaker 3: I always thought you were a dog person.
Speaker 1: That is the craziest stuff ever to me. It's not though, why would I be a dog person?
Speaker 3: Your brand is dog presenting.
Speaker 2: That is I would say, I see more chihuahwas on your feed than I see of your own work like. That's how often we see dogs in your content? Okay, but how can we misinterpret that?
Speaker 1: Sorry I'm wrong. See the difference is I don't think of chuahwas as dogs. They are a whole different like category of creature. But I'm talking your classic labrador style dog. I'm not about that. Life and our darling, pretty Simicky has brought to me some what's it called when it's the opposite of propaganda? Some facts, some hard universal truths that are indisputable about dog's behavior, which I think we need.
Speaker 3: To look into anything indisputable.
Speaker 1: This, I think is out the first indisputable piece of information. So Allegedly, dogs chase their tails for a few reasons, let me read them out. Number One, puppies do it just for fun. So you see little puppy going around and around in circle, it's just having fun. Two for bored and more to self soothed. So you know when you get home. Let's say you live in an apartment and your housemate's got a dog. You get home and the dog's behaving crazy, running around. It's because it's bored and it's trying to self soothe. That's also like when you see a dog turn around in a little bean bag thing for it to get comfy. It's okay. Dogs with neurological disorders such as caneine can pulsive disorder. Bitter me the dog version of obsessive compulsive disorder. I didn't know that was. Is that real dog's gonna have obsessive compositors or goddamn, that's why they take their anxiety pills. Finally, another reason dogs may chase their tails is to seek attention. A dog's owner may have rewarded this behavior by laughing or saying called boilbool girl. And even if dogs chase their tails, I don't know what's the human equivalent. What do you do for attention? I'll start Actually, I don't even say this on air, but when I used to go clubbing, right, I would like, I can't even say it? Can I say it? Off air? Are you serious? I'm serious? I'm a groof star that embarrasses that. And you did that consciously? Look around like what that's actually crazy? Isn't it?
Speaker 2: Is? The performance artist next level? It's never always been consistent in that.
Speaker 1: What about you, baby?
Speaker 3: You got something not to that level?
Speaker 1: That level we can't even put that on air. So I Think a good exercise for you. Now, are you running the car. Think about something that you do for pretension that you need to stop doing because it's embarrassing and you will embarrass yourself many years later. You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast. For more, Tune in de cater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.