Speaker 1: I want to know, do you think there's ever a time where it's appropriate to publicly criticize someone else's parenting. So if you see a parent doing something that you don't think is a good idea with their own children in a public space.
Speaker 2: We have to find public you're going to get up on a soapbox and yell it out.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're at the park, maybe you're at the pub, like wherever you are, they're doing something and you're like, that's terrible parenting.
Speaker 3: I should tell them, Mitch, do you reckon?
Speaker 4: This story is going to be Laura criticizing someone or someone criticizing Laura.
Speaker 2: She's been criticized for sure.
Speaker 3: No I haven't. It's the other way around, you criticize.
Speaker 1: Okay, No I didn't, And that's why I have a big question to ask. So we were at the pub on Saturday night. I was there with my husband, with my two kids, and also with my mum.
Speaker 3: Now, Kimbo loves the wine.
Speaker 1: She is also a school teacher and she's very very active in our kids' life, like she's you know, she's very good at parenting and she's also very responsible. So we're at the pub and we walked in we sat down at our table, and at the table directly next to us, we there's three kids. They were like three boys, maybe around ten years old. They were really young, and they were sitting there like really excited about a game that they were playing, and they were, you know, writing something down and looking up at the screen. And then we realized they were playing Keno. Not only were they just pretending to play, their parents had bought them Keino tabs, you know, like when you go up and you get the little paper that you enter your numbers on.
Speaker 3: I don't play. I'm also not seventy, but they played Keno. Isn't Keno just like a bingo?
Speaker 2: But it is adults. It's still gambling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's full gambling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, take away the money. Kids can still play that. It's like memory no.
Speaker 2: But this is it's still illegal.
Speaker 3: So the kids were sitting there playing Keno.
Speaker 1: Their family was on the other table, so we were kind of sandwiched in between. We were the meat between the parents and the kids playing Keno. So my mum realized that they were playing it properly and not just a pretend game that their parents had obviously paid for money for them to have active games, and my mom was outraged and I was like, Mum, don't say anything.
Speaker 3: Don't say a single thing, and she was like, I can't believe it.
Speaker 1: She didn't directly talk to the table, but she talked so loudly about her disapproval of this child gambling that she made sure that the table next to us heard her, to the point that they then turned around and said, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: But if you have a problem with it, you can mind your own business.
Speaker 4: To my mother that actually, I feel so incredibly uncomfortable. I'm on the side of the parents. I think Britain gambling. I think we're smarter, not harder. Why do we have to be at our kids beck and call twenty four to seven.
Speaker 3: They're ten years old. They can amuse themselves.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying yes to gambling, but I wouldn't say it's lazy parenting because you've said, amuse yourself.
Speaker 3: I think that that's.
Speaker 1: Why it's lazy parenting, because the only thing that they could come up with to get the kids to amuse themselves in that place is something that is actually not child appropriate.
Speaker 3: But the question that I.
Speaker 1: Really wanted to know is is do you think there's ever a situation where or a way that you can criticize someone's parenting with them, you know, like directly to them, or.
Speaker 2: Do you just have to always I think no. I think you do not know what is going on inside someone's family. You don't know the child parent relationship. I don't think you can. It's such a personal dig that you know one percent. You know the tip of the iceberg, right, you see one moment or a couple of bad Keino taps and then and then you think, oh my god, you know the full story. You might not.
Speaker 3: You don't know.
Speaker 4: I only think you can when it is a very serious issue. If there's physical violence or things like that, I think it's okay to step Like if you're watching somebody reprimand someone that everyone knows is too.
Speaker 3: Far, I think one hundred percent you step in.
Speaker 4: But for it's normal parenting, No, you can't go and say anything to me.
Speaker 5: I used to roll my dad's cigarettes at the local park. He had a cigarette machine. I used to get the little pouch and I ustill only had to whit the tip. I could have created a fact short did If ETSI was a thing back in the day, I would have been making money I was rolling those things so quick.
Speaker 3: I used to go to auctions with my dad. It was an auctioneer. I was like, do I have two hundred and twenty fives? Do I have two hundred and thirty? It's about eight years old.
Speaker 2: And we're fine. We're desperate for attention now as adults, but we're fine.
Speaker 3: I'm still selling myself off. Do I have two un turn twenty five thousand dollars?
Speaker 2: He's just traffic