Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts. You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free I Heart app.
Speaker 2: Got anything, gag Hey?
Speaker 3: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: We call us Double thumbs Up. We go around the team, we talk about the things we're into the moment. Might be a book, it might be a TV show or a movie. Anythink and you can share what you're enjoying at the moment as well. Text me your recommendations for Double thumbs Up four seven, five, three, one oh four three.
Speaker 4: Patsy, what's it for you? What are you enjoying?
Speaker 5: Went and saw Devil Wears prior to too Now. I have to preface this with saying when I came out, I wasn't that impressed. I thought, well, that's not quite as good as the first one, and I thought, if anything, I've had lovely little two hours with my fourteen year old We went and saw it together.
Speaker 4: Yes, as a good hang.
Speaker 5: As I have processed it across the last five or six days, I like it more and it's like no, no, no, you missed the point. It is so much deeper. It's a beautiful script. It is glossy, not as glossy as the first. It's beautiful. It's picturesque. Part of it's shot in Italy and the lovely Galleria with all the fashion stores and everything.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's nice.
Speaker 5: It's got the original cast, of course, with the addition of Patrick Bramile.
Speaker 4: I know, incredible.
Speaker 2: Who is He's so natural on screen?
Speaker 4: Big American? Oh yeah, such a talent today.
Speaker 2: And I love now you can be an Aussie on screen. He didn't have to.
Speaker 5: Be an American and he's an Australian builder essentially.
Speaker 2: So it was beautiful.
Speaker 5: Miranda is so much more mellow now than she was in the first.
Speaker 2: It's tweter.
Speaker 4: I've never seen the first one.
Speaker 1: I'm watching it this weekend right with my daughters, and then we're all going to go and see the second one next week.
Speaker 4: Really, i've never seen it. It's so good, it's very now. I'm watching it this weekend. I can't wait.
Speaker 1: It's like a Mother's Day thing. We're going to do it my wife for all Saturday night. We're all sitting down and watching it together. I've never seen it. Talk about Miranda. Is that Anne Hathaway?
Speaker 2: No, No, no, that's Meryl Street Women right now.
Speaker 4: Are all not in their head? Go come on this guy?
Speaker 5: Yes, so she plays like the Enna win Tour character and quite ruthless in the first one. But you know, the media landscapes changed and the Runway magazine has had to make cutbacks and she has to hang up around.
Speaker 1: Great Stanny Tucci is in as well, who I love. I was watching the interviews with the cast, and you know he directed a lot of it, did he really? And they said the way he works At four o'clock it stops and he has a mini cocktail maker on him and he starts making everyone Minnie martinis.
Speaker 4: What is a classy app, isn't he? So you recommend it?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful.
Speaker 5: It speaks to women in their fifties who are aging in the workforce, and it also speaks to mothers who make sacrifices, professional women, any working woman who makes sacrifices being a mum.
Speaker 2: It's lovely. You'll love it.
Speaker 4: Great, can't wait?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going to draw the first one first of all this weekend, rio, What have you enjoyed this week?
Speaker 3: Guys? It is a big day today, the Big Guy's birthday, mister, I should say, sir, David Attenbrough's one hundredth birthday.
Speaker 1: How many generations have been inspired to the one that around us, in the natural world, above us, around us and beneath us as well.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: There's some stat that he's the only person to have won a Bafta in the black and white color and four k.
Speaker 1: Era, one of the few people to have a double night as well. He's actually got his two sirs. It really should be sir, Sir David Attenborough.
Speaker 4: Wait, how does that work? I don't know.
Speaker 1: He got on the eighties and he got in the last eight years.
Speaker 4: He's got two different forms of knighthood.
Speaker 2: One was for like animals and preservation.
Speaker 4: They all got together. The apes bloody love him, you know.
Speaker 2: The environment I think was for the second one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that man is done so much and just beautiful, beautiful shows.
Speaker 4: So there's a new one, isn't there.
Speaker 3: There's a new one. It's called a Gorilla Story and it's beautiful. So it goes back. There's an iconic Attenborough moment back in the seventies where he goes into the Rwandan jungle and he's just sort of creeping up near these gorillas.
Speaker 1: And then massive there's silver backs as well. It's an incredible moment of natural reporting as well.
Speaker 4: He's very brave. They're huge, Yeah, two hundred and fifty keels.
Speaker 3: And one of the little one comes over and starts sort of playing with him, and he starts playing with it back well, very gently, and then the big.
Speaker 2: Mama comes behind him.
Speaker 3: And puts her hand on his head and they have this moment. And he still is so good at his job that he has the wherewithal to be able to look to the camera and commentate and said, he's really profound things.
Speaker 1: He's lying there, one of them's messing with his hand, one of them start to do under his shoelaceers like five or six and watching it has been blown away by watch. The time was so edgy as still as now if you saw a reporter doing that now it's taking now, it's so drone shots. It's made a lot cheaper. They don't get actual humans on location. Now there's cheap boy to do it. But he was out there, which brought it somehow closer to your front rooms around the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it makes you feel so differently about animals and nature and you see them as these you know, intient beings. And he goes back, well, he doesn't technically go back. They go back to the Rwandan jungle to see what that the Pablo family, which is the gorillas, and what's.
Speaker 4: Happened to them.
Speaker 3: And interestingly, the numbers are still going quite well. But they've got like this gang warfare going on between these two big honchos Ibuzu and Jirakuzi, and they've got this sort of Godfather esque sort of turf war going on.
Speaker 2: It's fascinating.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is amazing.
Speaker 1: One of the most interesting and enjoyable people I've had a pleasure of interviewing as well, and an owl with him. What a funny, funny, charismatic, twinkly eyed guy as well, so many incredible stories as well. He's lived such an extraordinary life. And the thing is, now, what's sad is if you watch the last couple of years because of the mess we've made of this natural planet, just when you hear him too, it feels like he's telling us all off and he should be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, every single I remember the in Oceans, He's last one as well, this really moving monologue.
Speaker 4: About the big waves crashing.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes we should play some of it and some of his classic bits as well. And I've got two TV shows for you that I highly recommend as well. Finished watching Big Mistakes. I was raving about this last week, Dan Levy's show on Netflix. Obviously it's Dad Eugene Big Star and they're when Shit's Creaked Together. It's his own show, absolutely brilliant half hour episodes.
Speaker 4: Loved it, really great.
Speaker 1: I didn't see that coming cliffhangers at the end as well, really really enjoyed it, really funny.
Speaker 4: And then the other one.
Speaker 1: I think at the end of the year when they're talking about best TV shows of the year, this will go down as the most original TV show of twenty twenty six. It's the big new show on Apple TV called Widows Bay.
Speaker 4: Styles are brilliant.
Speaker 1: Matthew Reese, if you ever saw the Americans, great actor. It's got vibes of like Twin Peaks, So it's a kind of not horror, I don't like horror, but more mystery sort of vibes to it, mixed with Parks and Rex. He says, mayor of a small line and there's something odd going on, and yeah.
Speaker 4: It's so good. It's five out of five for me. That great.
Speaker 1: My Family on the version to stop watching because they keep getting scared by the jump scares. But it's very smartly done, like Hitscott, where it's just off camera. It's not it's not too much, it's not too vivid, right, but we don't want anything too full on right now the way the world is. You want something mild mildly scary, but I cannot recommend enough. That's called Widows Bay. It's brilliant. That's on Apple TV.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show on podcast,