Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Now we're just really lame, sort of kids jokes.
Speaker 3: Bill web Worth as original and farmer.
Speaker 1: So why fold Christian O'Connell Show Gold one O four point three.
Speaker 4: I am available as an Italian language tutor. Good morning, It's a Christian O'Connell show. Eight minutes by six Wednesday morning. Good morning, Patsy morning, Good morning Jack morning.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 4: How do we feel that we're looked after by the company that we work for this radio station in terms of smack provision? Oh?
Speaker 2: Have you seen in that kitchen?
Speaker 4: I was there this morning, a little thing. They're putting some leftovers in the fridge. And it's a strange setup. So I'm aware that there'd be people listen to lists who don't get anything that we get. I mean, so what we get this radio station is for some reason, they've got two boxes of cereals. Have you ever had cereals here?
Speaker 3: I had nutri grain once. Yeah, I just felt a bit strange.
Speaker 4: Yes, they've got two boxes of cereals. And then I saw that there. I mean, they must think that people really really love peanuts at this radio station. Right, there's I just sudden he saw this morning with fresh eyes, and I'm like, what the There's a giant box. There must be five knots worth of just peanuts. I mean what it was. There's a metaphor, isn't about working with this company. I was like looking at the peanuts thinking they having a dig at me? Is that how flagrant this place is? Now? It's just about who is I'm having a tough done. It's going to go and get a handful of nuts, you guys, do anyone else? Team members? He wants a handful of nuts, I could get maybe two or three nuts. I'm going to go and get peanuts with the team.
Speaker 2: What gets me, though, sorry Jack, is the perspect like buckets full of they've got cheesels. They had cheesels the other day, but a massive, big bucket of it.
Speaker 4: Making emotions.
Speaker 2: But it's like so everyone's got to put their dirty paws in there and contaminate it.
Speaker 3: I've got to go back at this is a yeah that peanut, that peanut.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thing must be just like the next COVID is in there. It's wuhan. Basically they're offering people.
Speaker 3: I remember on Fridays they had an assortment of favorites and celebrations chocolates that they would give out, and then they pulled back on that and said there was overspending essentially, and.
Speaker 4: What can you imagine going through the way they are. Bear in mind this is the company employees, Carl and Jackie. Oh, let's not worry about that bit. Those little thumb sized chocolates is where we're going to save. I reckon about seventeen bucks every quarter times for rough House sixty bucks end of financial planning, because you.
Speaker 3: See now instead of the chocolates, they're pushing ovaltines.
Speaker 4: Yes, the war is this the blitz? Is there rationing going on?
Speaker 3: I think we've got on the bucket where the favorites used to be. They've got a little sign that says have you tried oval?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like it's a new person. Yeah, my great grandmother tried oval to And then nice snacks came along. The other thing they've got like these you know when you go to the at the back of a massive office works and they just have like.
Speaker 3: They drum super sized drums of x.
Speaker 4: Three industrial military sized vats of there's three big jars of peanut butter. Now the ratio actually wrote this down this morning. The ratio is too smooth to one crunch. Now I think it should be too crunch one.
Speaker 3: Smooth Y gotta be more popular than smooth.
Speaker 4: Surely we prefer crunch, don't we?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Are you all crunches?
Speaker 3: The only reason I would use a smooth I like to put smooth in a smoothie. Yes, because then it doesn't get.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I don't like the back of the throat all those It feels like shards of peanut coming. So do we think it should be too crunch one smooth?
Speaker 3: Yes, I would almost get rid of Smith altogether.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Or if anyone wants it, you can have it.
Speaker 1: We'll give it away The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Time now on the show, then for extra time on the time wastter. We're asking you to put an Australian animal in a movie, A native of Australian animal in a movie. Yesterday we were finding out that Australia's got the largest camel population in the world and exports both camels and white for it. We had no idea sand sand to the Middle East, all right, Put an Australian animal in a movie. Citizen Cane, Toad gold. This is a twofer well baby Huntsman for the red back spider. Oh gold didn't go in the rain, not gold silver. And then this is late yesterday evening the jet lacking John Wombat Wi yes, and one bat got fingered like I said, it's jet level. Yes, Jackie Ward, what have you got mortal?
Speaker 3: One bat? Moret is good gold Goanna and her sisters. That's very good gold as well, Bilbi and Ted's excellent adventure silver plus. And we were loving the quocketes yesterday in Native Animals.
Speaker 4: I don't remember that but yet.
Speaker 3: School of Clock.
Speaker 4: That's another goal. Three goals to Jackie boy, what have you got? Put an Australian animal in a movie? Texted in Now we're markin than five minutes.
Speaker 1: Time Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Extra Time on a time waster. Today we're asking to put an Australian animal in a movie. Jack you're really to mark what they've got this morning? Yeah?
Speaker 3: You didn't want to do any more facts?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Producer Rios has given me some more Australian animal facts. He didn't relieve then that we hadn't done them. Let's get into these thing. These are good? Did we all know emings and kangaroos cannot walk backwards. I did not know. And this is why they feature on the coat of Arms for Australia as a metaphor for a forward thinking country. What a fast Australian fan. Wallabies are natural stoners. I thought that was the koalas they're known to frequently break into opium crops, get high and then run around in circles to create crop circles. Wake up, sheep, Well that's not what's going on. Joe Rogan told me. It's Area fifty one. It's not wallabies. They've got there. In the same way that Athens is home to the Olympics, Brisbane is the spiritual home of the cockroach Racing World Championships, which are held every year. All right, putting us to an animal in a movie, the hurt Quacker Gold that is very good, ash strong start. In fact, we've got some prizes. Oh great, you know yesterday you and I we're talking about how we've secretly discovered the joy at chemists ware house of raid ocs.
Speaker 3: Oh did you buy some of the listeners?
Speaker 4: Do you look?
Speaker 3: It's so generous?
Speaker 4: Sweat?
Speaker 3: Are they a bunch in?
Speaker 4: What a great these are. I mean, obviously, I take it that you wouldn't mind one. I've put some aside for us, but I've got five year of listeners. Look at this, that's the exactly one. That's what I've got. Muscle suit like yeah, me and pro athletes are using this. Probably Jason Statham has this. I've a tough walk out all right, raid us muscle sooth, bar sole, herbal mineral souls to help soothing, tied aching muscles, half a kilo ash. You just want a great ox on us? It's yours, my friend. Where were we attack of the killer Kualas? That's from Vorn Silver, Christian Barlowels or even somewhere that the nuts in a bar and that tray have got more germs on them than the toilet seat. That's what this company give us a free I'm trying to cut down the amount of people working it by making.
Speaker 3: This sick, getting rid of anyone with peanut elergies.
Speaker 4: Smithers. I've got a great idea inglorious bustards. It's a very large I think is the largest Australian bird is the bustard.
Speaker 3: Oh really, yeah, hey, you learned something Silver Party.
Speaker 4: That's why they come here, Cockatail Dundee Silver, James Bond platypussy. Is he getting buscaled sles for you? Chris? Another happy Bartha Cocky Balboa silver plus, The Girl with the Bearded Dragon tattoo Silver, Sheeping with the Enemy, Sheeping with the Enemy Silver plush. So close Steve to getting that muscle soap tonight, Koala's in the midst Silver one Batman and Robin Bronze MARSUPI are all quiet on the Western Front bronze you me and Barra Mundy gold. There we go, another bar salts for you, The Post sum of all Fairs, The Possible of all Fairs silver plus which Cassawary and the Sun Dancer kidnapped? Oh god, plus well done?
Speaker 6: Who's that?
Speaker 4: Yes, you get a muscle soap tonight as well a weekend at Bill Bi's Silver, Cassiwary Banker silver plus and the line the Witch and the One bat.
Speaker 1: Gone Well Christian Connells Show podcast Jet.
Speaker 4: Apparently it takes for every hour that you've gone the way from a time zone. That's like an extra day. So guys, by next Wednesday, I'll be all fine. In the meantime. Happen all right, time for knock off Wednesday. So if you're already at work, we want to celebrate. Everyone is at work right now while the rest of the city is asleep, and I're gonna wake up very soon and realize it's a bit shitty this morning. You're already at work, you might be on the way, you might be in the car park. Call up now and so I sit. You're already knocked on knock on Wednesday. You give us a call. You have your choice of what is left in the merch cupboard. I think we're getting a bit thin.
Speaker 3: Actually, we see plenty of pens and we must have up ordered one thousand when we got that fifty pens left. There's eleven show fridge magnets. There's twenty five show max Is this a new one? We've got gold one oh four point three water bottles? Sixteen water bottles? Have we sixteen gold one over? I've never seen water bottles, and they don't have our show name on them.
Speaker 4: They're just this station generic stuff that's in case the show doesn't work out. They always keep a good stuff back.
Speaker 3: Whoa gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 4: Lip?
Speaker 3: Bumb How many unlimited?
Speaker 4: Why does this station need lip barb. We order they're casting back on complimentary chocolates and a Friday but got overdosed on the lip barmb. What did things happen? Also this time of year we're going to get.
Speaker 3: Frostbited, so pins, magnets, show bugs and then gold one oh four point three water bottles and lip.
Speaker 1: Bumb This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Jack and I just own a close look at this lip barmb. The first thing I've noticed non SPF lip bumb. That's helpful. Yep, that's what Australian needs right now. Big old ozone hole and high levels of skin cancer. Non SPF lip bumb. I thought the main reason we're meant to wear lip mam is to help our skin. He's got a cheap batch.
Speaker 3: Also, is this an uncommon shape for lip.
Speaker 4: Bum and yes, it's so curve fake eye anyway, it's from the merch cupboard. Where did they get Why would.
Speaker 3: You who had some SAgs ticked off on the getting in hundreds of these?
Speaker 4: You know who? The mighty one Susan who? And you know why it's not I because she has the third arm. In the future they all seeing who she's consulted the oracle. The future of radio is in non sbit lip bart. Alrighty knock on Wednesday? Who is already at work? They celebrate you. We go to Tim first of all, Good morning.
Speaker 7: Tim, Good morning Christian. How are you, Mike?
Speaker 4: I'm good Tim, and I hope you were. So you're already knocked on. You're at work? What do you do? Tim?
Speaker 7: We make potting mixers for all the major nurseries in Victoria and New CFLs.
Speaker 4: Right, so you're already at work now at the nursery or you're doing one pum. I worked in a potting mixed factory for six months. One worked on this production line right where all I had to do all day was get one hand of soil, two bulbs higher sense I think they were for bold fans, and put them in a packet and do that for nine hours a day. The godsend isn't to the radio all day. That's all we had for salvation. So what do you do? Tim?
Speaker 7: We actually make the mixes or sit in the front end loader. Mate. We just make it with bark and add all the fertilizer in and then chug it on a conveyor belt and the kippers come in, Mate, load the trucks up and they head off to all the nurseries.
Speaker 4: Mate, This was like play school. I mean usoul to go through the window to see how it's made. I was actually getting quite trancey, like a little five year old boy. There time for my afternoon nap.
Speaker 3: So putting mix is made from bark. So do you strip the trees and then mash up the bark stripping trees?
Speaker 4: Front loader?
Speaker 5: Is he?
Speaker 7: The bar comes in and sits in a yard to bark a month, a month or two and breaks down a bit And then and then went like I said what you said that the fertilizers do it, mate and turn it. Sit in the front end later all day listening to you guys, and thank you. Load the trucks, mate, That easy.
Speaker 4: Now, Tim the bark you're talking about the bark mix because Jack and I obviously hot on this bark mix at the moment. Just one last question. Is that what's commonly known as mulch.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we've got a mold space. It's basically a mold space with food put through it. And that's what the nursers are using now instead of oil.
Speaker 4: The smart place it's all in the mulch. That's where the mulch money is.
Speaker 3: Right now, I can tell that you've worked in potting mixed book.
Speaker 4: I I all right, Tim, what would you like from the merch cupboard? You want some of this shabby old lip balm?
Speaker 7: I think I'll go one of your mugs made us will be a four degrees here to you where I'm working at the moment. So I'll use one of your mugs for a cup of coffee and draw and thor here.
Speaker 4: You're welcome to it and toast that munch munch Monday. Let's give away some mulch on Monday show team. Tim. Thank you very much, you cool guys. Front loader up mail, Good morning.
Speaker 8: Mail, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good man? And how are you you at work? What do you do? Male? Share it with us?
Speaker 8: I am at work. I work at a service station, Inkston.
Speaker 4: So you opening it up right now?
Speaker 8: I have opened at six o'clock. I opened.
Speaker 4: Have you got what you do? When you open up? You've got unlocked the pumps and no one steals the field overnight. I'm not saying it anywhere.
Speaker 8: It's not everything good old Frankston. Years we get bits and pieces down here stolen, But you get your good in your bed, you.
Speaker 4: Do in life? And what what? What are people nicking from a service station? Some of those whose kindling back you can't make it get away with?
Speaker 8: What's that they can knock off the compressor overnight or the air hose?
Speaker 3: They take a whole air.
Speaker 4: They do? Yes, who has been approaching a pump your home? Mate? You don't want to cheap air compressive?
Speaker 3: You can you even set that up at home?
Speaker 4: Oh well, what a time to be alive. Hey maw, what would you like from the merch cupboard for knocking on so early?
Speaker 8: I'd love a coffee cups? Please?
Speaker 4: Coffee cup? Is what do we have?
Speaker 9: One of the.
Speaker 4: Multi purpose? Isn't the lip? Mamers? Also coffee cup? Hollow out the nonpres a shot glass alight? Man, it's on the way to you, my friend. Have a good date, work fantastic. Thank you you two pumps.
Speaker 5: Up, Carl.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the question you know Kyl's show podcast.
Speaker 4: If you're already work, let us celebrate. You have your choice the spoils of our merch cupboard. Jackie boy, what is on off of today? With that lip? Mam.
Speaker 3: You can get Christian Oconel, chop pens, show fridge, magnets, show mugs or a gold one on four point three water bottle or gold one on four point three non SPF lip farm.
Speaker 4: Warren, you already work? Good morning mate?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 10: No, yeah, might be another fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: How long you been driving to work for Warren?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 10: Left home at court four this morning?
Speaker 4: Bloody you is this just today or is that every day?
Speaker 10: Have something that's every every day? Mate? Every day?
Speaker 4: You like that? You should be the video for Jimmy Barnes's Working class Man. That yeah, is heroic. They'rer back. So what four or five hours a day?
Speaker 10: It's anything from two to two and a half hours to work on the way and then after work anything from two ears to three ears on the way home?
Speaker 4: Where'd you live Darwin.
Speaker 10: Grovedale in Geelong?
Speaker 4: Bloody, help man along? So what do you do just driving all that time? Listening to the radio?
Speaker 10: Yeah? Go on one day for mate.
Speaker 4: Honestly you'll be listening more to this show than our boss. She should ask you to take notes and report. Be a spy, Warren.
Speaker 10: That's it, Yeah, good on it.
Speaker 4: What can we send you? Warring? You work very hard.
Speaker 10: Oh just a fridge magna thanks, or a coffee mug.
Speaker 4: If you got one, but I have both. Cheers mates, All right, well, safe on the roads this morning. Okay, buddy, no sir, let's go to Meghan's back. The funeral directs Meghan. Hello, how are you guys? We're good, Megan, So you're a funeral director.
Speaker 1: I am so.
Speaker 9: We've already knocked on about two hours ago. Washed wash, the hes got shiny and clean.
Speaker 4: They always they are very keen. You've never seen them at the car washed you maybe during the night. They come out at night and.
Speaker 3: Then stopping in that vacuum back to the back.
Speaker 4: That's too much.
Speaker 3: I'm in the body.
Speaker 4: Okay, do about thembalming fluid or yeah, So we do all that.
Speaker 9: We've got to get flowers, we've got to get everything pact. We've actually got to get the guest of honor. Get them all in the hears and.
Speaker 5: Ready to go.
Speaker 4: Now is this industry lingo? Guest of honor? Is that what you refer to us dead people?
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 4: It's a lovely way to do it, guest of honor. I like that. And Megan, how long you been doing your job.
Speaker 9: I've being a funeral director about twelve years now, hold a nurse before then.
Speaker 4: All right, so it's the other side of the business. Do no harm. I'm therefore, when the harm has been done, that's the funeral director's oath. You bet, up with saving people, some people should just let go special guest of honor, special guests, special guest. You know, maybe we'll call some of our Monday listeners special guest, a special guinst on line five, barely away, special guest of honor and make it up. Bet, you're very good at what you do. I had to go to funeral last year and there was someone like you, and they were so warm and kind and welcome to people having a really, really tough time. You actually, you're actually part of a tone that's set for such a special day.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Look, I think it's really important that we stayed pretty natural and that we do care, and if we don't, we shouldn't be in the industry.
Speaker 4: Well. Then, I was at a funeral ten years ago where some guy of your director didn't have that kind of come down and asked me for a shout out and a song. The next time my rad I was mourning my Granddad. I'm at the graveside. She said, now's our good time, and I went, no, no, it actually is.
Speaker 3: It couldn't be worse. It actually now that the guest of honor is in the ground, mister shine.
Speaker 4: This wreath to me, Meghan. A lovely chance you Meghan, and what is the name? Because of your funeral directors if I ever, I'm looking.
Speaker 9: To become a guest of honor car whole family funeral So signed by David and I. We're down in caram down, but we look after all the Melbourne Thanks.
Speaker 4: For the plug. No, that's all right. Thanks to doing what you do. And what can we send you?
Speaker 5: I love you.
Speaker 4: Your first customer. Are you going to use it as embalming fluid dead people's lips? Frank never looks so glossy. I want to give hi a kiss.
Speaker 3: Now, one Megan, one.
Speaker 4: For you, one for the guest upon, Yes, what the one for the guest upon Meghan. Lovely to talk to you. Okay, thank you very much for give us a call.
Speaker 9: No worry, thank you guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll take care.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: About ten minutes ago. We'll be taking calls. People are already at work. We call it knock on Wednesday and we got chatting to Mel who works in Frankston at a servo station, and we were stun to hear that she gets there and she's to unlock everything, because we were stunned. But stuff gets stolen from servo stations overnight.
Speaker 8: Who knew I am at work? I work in a service station in Frankston. We get bits and pieces down here stolen, but you get your good in your bed. They can knock off the compressor overnight, or the air hose.
Speaker 4: It feels like she go, what are the lads done tonight? The air hose again?
Speaker 12: Naughty?
Speaker 4: Naughty? Oh well, order a new one, have them fun with it right now, inflating stuff, no dinghies or dirigibles. So this morning we want to know we do this kind of once year what got stolen? Because sometimes you know it's not big stuff the car, or that it's really small, and even even that, I'm just stunder that. I mean, how do they get away with it?
Speaker 3: How do you even get it out of the ground built?
Speaker 4: Yes, scroun yeah, I mean are they scoping out for days like timing it get away extractionally? Is that a two or three man jobs. So many questions about that. But what got stolen? If you are unfortunately Carl has broken into your home, what weird random stuff did they take?
Speaker 1: Christian Connall show podcast.
Speaker 4: Or Johnny Extends and here is said, just a TV remote.
Speaker 3: It must have been my son, my one year old son, who stole that.
Speaker 4: The baby thief he takes you know, it's Gordo. He just takes the TV remote. We were just saying that would be a major disruption in your life. Yes, so technic, Carl. Obviously you've got to go through insurance.
Speaker 3: It's a hasse and some of that, but they are remote, that's your every day thing, and you might not even know you've been robbed. No us, you could spend a week looking for it, thinking it was a Do you.
Speaker 4: Think it was just an angry dad who was like, that's it of waste a week doing this? Understand bloody next doors Michon. Hi, how are you now? Michelle? I understand you calling in from Los Angeles?
Speaker 6: Yes, California.
Speaker 4: How come you? How come you're listening to us and not like an American show?
Speaker 6: Because your show's the best and it helps me to keep an Australian accent British guy doing.
Speaker 4: It no better? What maybe with the interference that guy is that Paul Hogan.
Speaker 6: It helps to keep your accent up and it's good to your fellow Australians or British.
Speaker 4: On the Australia. Yes, well listen.
Speaker 6: Stolen it's funny.
Speaker 4: Stolen t shirts.
Speaker 6: We had a T shirt stolen out of our garage and the only reason I found out was the guy came back wearing my daughter's clothes, a bright green T shirt.
Speaker 1: And I went downstairs and I said, he was.
Speaker 6: In our garage and I said, okay, what's going on? He goes, oh, I took the bags last time I left my skateboard in here.
Speaker 4: It sounds that you be burgled by Jack Post. Oh my, it was just in La. Was just here in Australia.
Speaker 6: Are here in La?
Speaker 5: It's crazy?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 8: He got through all my daughter's clothes that.
Speaker 6: She didn't want anymore, but he picked out the bright fluo green one and he left it.
Speaker 4: Fat that you think that's the wet this, it's not that.
Speaker 3: Not that a man with a scapboard rummaging through your garage.
Speaker 4: I was just like buddy, and you had left.
Speaker 5: It was crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they always said, don't return to the.
Speaker 6: To get my skateboard last time I was here.
Speaker 5: The funniest part is that's what he told the.
Speaker 8: Police as well, this stuff. I left my skateboarding there and three times.
Speaker 4: We can get it all right there, Michelle, you can be our LA correspondent if we ever need someone on the scene over there.
Speaker 6: Awesome, there's a lot of stuff going on.
Speaker 4: Okay, catch up with you next week. Thank you, Michelle, Thank you mate, Thank you two second times. Lucy, good morning.
Speaker 5: Hi Christian and I'm the guys.
Speaker 3: Sorry morning, Lucy.
Speaker 4: I'm happy to call the show. Christian and the other guys. You're not just pats and chat to me. You're right, hey, the guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm pre coffee. I'm pre coffee.
Speaker 4: I only remember one name at a time. Have me picking through that with their therapist discussed. Yeah, and Lucy, we'll deal with that later with professional help. Now, Lucie, what God's stolen the coffee? Was it? But the coffee got stolen?
Speaker 5: No, no, So there was a couple of CDs. But they had a meal, so there was like toast crumbs and a tin of baked beans. They actually had baked beans on toast.
Speaker 4: That's really.
Speaker 5: Yeah. This is when I was at UNI too, right, so a tin of baked beans is very valuable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a that's a major meal, isn't it.
Speaker 5: And they made a mess. They didn't even clean some criminals. But yeah, we were just came in and we'd been away for two days and then we went what like, why are there crumbs and why is there?
Speaker 4: This feels like another student.
Speaker 3: It's a very stupid he's.
Speaker 4: Sitting down to take time and enjoy baked beans on toast? Is it a stone of students?
Speaker 5: Well, they did actually break in. We were one of three units and they broke into every unit and they took it.
Speaker 4: They had like a putting from somebody, a starter.
Speaker 5: It was like a breaking Yeah, they took clothes out of one had a meal.
Speaker 4: Now you've got away lightly all right, Lucy, thank you very much. She called me.
Speaker 7: I have a good day.
Speaker 4: And the other guys they love the chat.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Moving on from Weird Unusual stuff. They got stolen, But if you have something, email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. Christian, my mum had a tub of cat foods stolen from a front veranda.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: She called the police. Come on, do they send like a bogus squad out of just out of what actors dressed in uniform to deal with.
Speaker 3: Such a don't see you guys dusting for priests.
Speaker 4: I've seen CSI get that blue light out dust this place, Christian. They found it down a back alley about one. Okay, what I suppose working the effort into it, a cat obviously had it. That's right, a cat burglar. Someone stole my but nothing. Someone stole my bark. That's why they're the other guys. They can't come up with stuff like that. Someone stole my barbecue. Why was slowly cooking a roast port? They just stole the meal. They stole the meal. David, Yeah, yesterday on the show. Then when we're talking about Mother's Day and strange and unusual gifts, and Jack had said, you know, you get all these kind of spam emails in the weeks leading up to Mother's Day where they're just whatever they're normally selling, they're try and pitch it to you at this is a great Mother's Day, Like Mother's Day, drones, golf lessons, and then Jack shuddered at a recall of a memory from when you were teenage and what you got your mom on Mother's Day?
Speaker 3: And can I say, firstly, remind me today as I leave the show to get flowers, I'm saying mom to this afternoon, and I didn't get her anything from Mother's Day. I would love to give her flowers.
Speaker 4: Oh it's so late, and they're cheaper and sort they're just a bit wilted. Yeah, don't.
Speaker 2: I would have thought.
Speaker 3: A mery that I always will shudder out is when I was fifteen years old and I had my first part time job, was making money. I went out to buy my whole family gift for Christmas and I couldn't think what to get Mum. And I walked past a Baker's Delight, and I asked them if they did gift vouchers. They didn't.
Speaker 4: And they only know because you know why, it never occurred to them, because there's been no one ever saying, just like fifth, can I have that card with seventy five cents on?
Speaker 3: So they sold me ten two dollars off bread vouchers.
Speaker 4: It doesn't get it doesn't get any less horrific.
Speaker 3: This I was shaped as little bread loaves, and I packaged them up and gave them to Mum for Christmas.
Speaker 4: In a church.
Speaker 3: A lot in a little gift box. And as I saw Mom's face on Christmas morning, I realized what a huge mistake I made. So I have here is a song I've written to say sorry for my mum. Yeah, that's a year I've been saving my pennies. Here we go, I'm rolling into December. I remember my family members. Got some cash under my mattress. Gonna buy him some presents. I'm thinking of my mom and dad and sister and Brov. Gonna be the best Christmas for the ones that I love. My Dad's into his music and his record collection. My brother has his PlayStation. I can think what to get him. It's getting dark in the city, and must remember mom too. Oh no, the shops are closing. What do I do on the train home? Sitting with my family's gifts. But I've missed the most important person.
Speaker 10: On my list.
Speaker 3: When I get up at the station, Salvation Aaron lights, I thank my lucky stars for Baker's Delight, and I'm.
Speaker 12: Sorry, Mama.
Speaker 4: I didn't know what to get you.
Speaker 3: I've had a second bread couppones for Christmas? Is in what you wanted? It's Christmas. This box is stacked up under the tree. I can't believe Sander's kinda squeeze down the chimney. Well, actually I know a little better. I'm old enough to get it. It's Mom the one who's buying the present. And now I'm getting second thoughts about the gift that I rapped. After all she's given me, I deliver this crap. I hear you go, Mamma, she's your favorite loaf. You can make yourself a sandwich of butter some toast. She must have thought I was joking when she opened the tokens and hoping there was something better that was still to be opened. But all she found two dollars off your total amount offer can't be combined with any other discount. I'm sorry, I didn't know what to get you. I bet a sack of bread coupones for Christmas isn't what you wanted. One more time, I said, I'm sorry, MoMA, I really do love you. And when it comes in next year's gift, I'll just get you chocolates. Oh hi, missus, would you like that in sandwich or toast?
Speaker 6: Cut.
Speaker 4: Oh you have a voucher.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you can use one of the time.
Speaker 4: That is brilliant. Our very own marshal Mother's there on the mic, Jack that is outstanding.
Speaker 3: I think I was channeling my fifteen year old broken voice in the chorus.
Speaker 4: There you took the years back. God won my four point three coming back in five minutes time. I went down a wormhole yesterday. You know, you start getting on YouTube and you go through I'm just watching something. Then down the side it's like, you know, I'm focused. That can be focused, but you keep seeing that down the side, and I can't go down there because you lose time that you're not getting back telling. I went down a wormhole and I found a load of songs that artists have recorded their own songs, but they're doing a foreign accent that isn't their own. I've got a hole of these. These are unbee for a foreign language, foreign accent and language they're singing like. There's a Robbie Williams one, which is incredible. The Johnny Cash one, he was not up for this. It sounds like he's drunk and doesn't know the country, trying to do the language of I'm playing them next.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, I did something we all do from time to time these days. His algorithms are so smart and they like her. My wife is addicted to those Instagram reels. She can just spend hours on there. For me, it's all about YouTube and like that that gutter, you know, like in when you're bowling, don't go down that gutter. That right hand column, there's not manly. My eyes always go to the bottom right and corner. There's something which has got nothing to do with what I'm looking at. But I'm like, I even watched that how to put together a tractor or something that on there where you know I haven't all look at that anyway. Yesterday I came across artists recording their own songs in a foreign language. First of all, I heard Dion Warwick Deal Warick Big Hip is what Megastar deon Warwick. In the nineties and eighties and even the sixties, she sold millions and millions to Walk On by beautiful classic song. Figgled over the world multi pertium selling what would it sound like when Dion Warwick sang it in German?
Speaker 12: Oh gay for Okay? Okay, bar oh gay, what's interesting?
Speaker 3: She didn't want to hold onto that?
Speaker 4: Not now think it's obviously harder in Germany. Robbie Williams has done this right, we all know better man beautiful song.
Speaker 11: I will.
Speaker 10: Through this page.
Speaker 4: Now. Robbie and Spanish doing this song little bare.
Speaker 7: Why am here?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 11: I can bear?
Speaker 12: I love it.
Speaker 4: It's actually really good. He's done a very good job with these, some of these very I didn't realize even the Beatles did this with I Want to hold your.
Speaker 10: Hand, Tell you something.
Speaker 5: You love?
Speaker 4: They obviously trying to conquer the German market where they made their name, all right, Johnny Cash ring a fire into.
Speaker 3: A burning ring of the fire.
Speaker 11: I went down, down, down.
Speaker 4: And blames I love Johnny Cash. Right. Mister Cash obviously was not on board for doing it in Spanish. He didn't commit to it like Robbie did.
Speaker 1: Your Suki Casusamas.
Speaker 4: The whole thing gas, where's obviously going.
Speaker 7: Case Sushia must Minaba Southern and saw a door inmate devil.
Speaker 4: Joe, mister Gash, we're tired, we edit no keeping.
Speaker 3: You sure you don't want to do a second?
Speaker 4: Go Abba now Waterloo touchy subject for frenchie. It's the French version and once more that German market. Everyone wanted to be big in Germany. Anybody, but still the best one.
Speaker 1: Your Senki casamas.
Speaker 4: On end and saw a door himmid never. I almost want to play the last song's day the whole thing in full. I came this morning, listens on repeat about five times, and I put into a great mood. I thought, there's no mindfulness thing that would make me happier. I want that to be the song that my coffin is carried down to going what the song is this? If you ever find yourself down a wormhole and you find something, send it into me. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com.
Speaker 1: That are you, carl A Breger, No, you're listening to the Christian o'conls show podcast.
Speaker 4: In any bedroom setup, people have very unique ways of arranging what should be a very simple set up in my mind, but this is the word of life. It's over complicated. We're talking about pillows. How many do we think amongst the three of us team Jack and Pants? What is your pillow sets up at home?
Speaker 3: Or you need if there's two people in the bed, four pillows?
Speaker 4: Max?
Speaker 3: Yeah, two pillows per person, and you use two pillows to prop yourself.
Speaker 4: Up for inclining, for reading or scrolling.
Speaker 3: That's right, for reading or scrolling.
Speaker 4: You love making and whatever position you're do.
Speaker 3: Then when it's time for lights out, you put one pillow away and you go down to one pillow.
Speaker 2: That's minim minimalist. In my world, I have one to three Europeans that go at the back.
Speaker 4: So do you mean men.
Speaker 2: My beautiful duck field Europeans which are like a twenty by twenty duck feather, not actual quackers.
Speaker 4: So where do they go?
Speaker 2: They go at the back, up against the headrest.
Speaker 3: The European had the big really big yeah, nice.
Speaker 2: Big square ones, perfect for propping yourself up.
Speaker 4: To read or watch. Tell it. I don't like a narrow pillow.
Speaker 2: No, no, and you can really, you know, fluff those suckers.
Speaker 4: Up, and then I don't like a fluffy pillow. I got one of those. I got one of those that what you called tempepede tuched under memory phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we've got those as well. So in front of the Europeans, I haven't finished.
Speaker 4: What are you sleeping in a bed?
Speaker 2: Shops like Cleopetra then we have our orthopedic pillows, so we go spinally, we have got a spinal lease. Actually, but then there's an array of cushions and a throat.
Speaker 4: So there's my wife honestly, five.
Speaker 2: Cushions of various sort.
Speaker 4: Of colors, colors and shape, a triangle one. Why do we need to try?
Speaker 2: And we've got a round one like a basketball. Chris kicks it around the bedroom and so you have.
Speaker 4: All that on the bed.
Speaker 3: But when you actually go to sleep, who's in the bed for nighttime?
Speaker 2: Just two pillows? Oh, and I have a European because I like to shove it between my knees to keep my spine straight. My Kira practice said it's good for your spine.
Speaker 4: A lot of people have to do that these days. It's one of the things is the way you say you're shoving between radio right in the middle of school run. What's that lady saying?
Speaker 3: We can't listen anymore?
Speaker 4: Take it off p one. Anyhow, the question was an innocent one about pillows. We ever sit set up? Where yet two for reading and then the other one gets done like rocket thrusters once in the nighttime air. You don't need I don't need it right, missus O'Connor. Very differently. She gets a load of this one that show. She had one to rest her head on, a beautiful head on that, and then one she push she holds and pushes me away with. It's like this since the day we met what I call the passion buffer barrier and not that it's it's like a bulldozer. Gradually during the night, it's like I'm on a window ledge. I then this has been going on for twenty five years. I get she's like a bulldoze or pushing me around them during the night. Well, she has to keep me bab basically. Now the reason when we're talking about this is producer catenin gatheras our team European between the legs. Now, producer can come in here a minute, Mackie, Wait, what do you think of this set up that producer Caten's got. She's gone. This is what started this in the office yesterday.
Speaker 2: So I have three pillows, one under my head, one between my legs for.
Speaker 1: Hip, yes for him.
Speaker 3: A lot of people do this, and then I also hug one to keep the level of my shoulders.
Speaker 4: Also in life, this is what missus O'Connell justifies the passion barrier. But I know what she's playing.
Speaker 2: No, No, she's a smart woman.
Speaker 3: You need it to keep the structure of your body nice and straight. Now it has a pillow adding structural stability.
Speaker 2: It absolutely does the alignment of have So I have made.
Speaker 4: Sleeping without pillows aligning them for hundreds of years. Cavemen won't work out, going to bloody out of alignment. I can't get a bison today. Why theyre going to invent a kira racter or spine Lee's pillow wooden rock. So what so it keeps you shoulder girdle.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, so I have a medium sized pillow that goes around.
Speaker 4: But surely but that that's rounding your shoulder. They're hugging it. Sure that's pulling it out of alignment. The old L nine, isn't it.
Speaker 2: So I sleep on my side, so it actually holds my body straight on the side rather than leaning over and twisting my spine.
Speaker 4: See I do that all night.
Speaker 3: I twist all over the Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like to twist.
Speaker 2: And Jack has a bad back. So that's probably why you can follow my exactly.
Speaker 4: You know we're not where it's a travel business. Cards everywhere that spine keeping an alignment, alignment of him being in another country misaligned. All right, what is your pillow sets up at home?
Speaker 1: The Christian Connor Show podcast?
Speaker 4: What is your pillow set up on the bed of my home? Christian can't call him on the score run. I have one pillow under my head, one pillow on top of my head. I like a sandwich.
Speaker 3: Actually that's how I nap.
Speaker 4: Yes, So I'll.
Speaker 3: My head on a pillow like on my back like a vampire, arms crossed, and then I'll put a second pillow between the bridge of my nose and my forehead and balance it there so it blocks out the light like a big sleeping mask.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Now my wife does that. When I get up in the morning. She will go in like the cave and put a pillow on top of her head. Yeah, yeah, with a hat but a hand keeping it in place like headphones, like pillow headphones, and then still go into a deep slinger. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't sleep all night like that, but I can recommend it for a nap.
Speaker 4: Christian, you guys need to try squash mallows. These are next level pillows. Sounds that I'm doing a live read already. It's not the marketing manager, is it. They're not a soft poy toy, but they are fantastic that from Jared.
Speaker 3: Don't like too squishy though, No, No, I like a bit of give back.
Speaker 4: Yeah pillow, Yeah, that's right. I like the old Marie tell you what because the moment they tell you that NASA NASA assats ues, this is NASA technology, and I think you can't have a bad night sleep up there at that space station. Bit grumpy and you press them all button. Let's got Steve. Good morning Steve, Good morning gang.
Speaker 11: Happy nine hundred and forty eighth show.
Speaker 4: Bless you Steve. Wow, Yes almost, that's our one thy fifty two to go, Steve. What is the bedroom sets up with the pillows? Mate?
Speaker 11: The bedroom set up the wife has designed over a great many years is a magnificent dude that she's put on top. And I don't know how much it costs. I don't really want to know, but it looks spectacular. And we've got a sixteen pillow run going on here today. We're three by two by two by two by three by two.
Speaker 10: We've got three large pillows.
Speaker 4: It's like a Grand Final winning formation, doesn't it. For druggers on that is, that's a lot to do everything. That's not every day.
Speaker 11: It's every day. It's you two standard pillows in front of that. Then you've got the really nice danty pillows. Then you've got the short little pillows like almost a bolster with a diamond shaped pillow that's got some color in it, so it throws a bit of color into the room. Then you've got the bolster and the other pillow on top of that. And at nighttime you take all of that off, including the dont you go to the cupboard and then you get sleeping pillows and donner along with my knee pillow.
Speaker 4: It's like a sort of play set change, isn't it. But how do you know the right formation? Then when it's got to be rebuilt this iglu of pillows the next day, how do you know? Because you could get them out of formation.
Speaker 11: This is the big problem. If I have to leave work late, I have to make the bed, and if I make the bed incorrectly, I'll get into the same amount of trouble is if I don't make the bed at all. So don't make the bed at all.
Speaker 4: I like thinking, that's smart thinking. Steve all right, Steve, thanks you cure, buddy, and have a good day. Always love to speak to Steve.
Speaker 11: You're welcome. Have a great day, guys.
Speaker 4: Cleo. Good morning, Cleo.
Speaker 5: Good morning guys. How are you?
Speaker 4: We're good, Cleo. So what's the pillow set up?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 9: I have a pretty standard pillow setup and it's one under my head, one between my knees, and that passion buffe you guys are talking about that had me bring it.
Speaker 6: And that's my boob separator.
Speaker 5: So I need that because I'm a heavier chested lady and I'm sure there are some ladies out there with big boobs.
Speaker 11: Then you don't want to lie on your side and have one of.
Speaker 9: Them stretching over to the other one.
Speaker 4: So I've never thought about that, but now you mentioned it, it does make sense.
Speaker 5: And it's bloody comfy, don't you, Jack.
Speaker 4: And I'm watching what were saying. Any question I can see read out and in the future case of something very creepy, so good.
Speaker 9: To make sure there is out there that needs the pillow separator in the boobs as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shout out to all those big boob ladies listen right now, please call them. No, I'm joking. That's not going to read well. I was doing so well Land mind this. We have a step to on one. Can I thank you for the information, no worries.
Speaker 8: You're welcome.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Karen.
Speaker 9: Good morning team.
Speaker 12: Here are you going.
Speaker 4: We're good, Karen. What's happening in your bedroom with the pillows?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 9: Just like col Steve, they have fifteen. I have about fifteen also on my bed each morning, but I have a collection of about thirty for each you know each Doner cover has you.
Speaker 4: Got a squad and you rotate the players.
Speaker 6: Yep, Entry throws on the bed as well, isn't it.
Speaker 4: It's it's an intense set up there the bed. The bed is missing in my.
Speaker 8: Mind under all that, and I not really depends how you make it.
Speaker 9: And it makes me feel good and that's all that matters.
Speaker 4: That is all that matters. Karen. You're quite right, Karen. That's you cool.
Speaker 6: Jeez, have a great day, guys.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Last week, when I was in Ireland on this walking tour, there have quite a few Americans there, you know, in the same way I live, and they were like, oh, don't they play that crazy sport? There. I was like, oh yeah, footy AFL. Isn't it really violent? It's not as well as you think. Today in the Sports unis ruptured testicle on the weekend jacking finds yesterday what a sport violent? Though I don't know if the fact that the AFL did they have something somewhere in a file where they have a fine for like wedgies dacking. This is in the rules somewhere there must be someting nipple twisters and stuff like that. We can't have any all all right, time for today's time waster. On National Snack Day, this is interesting and Australian Consumer Report revealed the most popular Australian lunch box snack items from the nineties versus today. Let's go back to the nineties. You will enjoy any lunch botors in the nineties and number three the most popular fruit roll up you are.
Speaker 3: To be in They're the most overrated snack of all time. Waited another packet I can't get out of your team And.
Speaker 4: Number two space food sticks don't remember?
Speaker 2: Don't remember that?
Speaker 4: The number one dunkarousek win Yeah now wow, so different. At number three Whole food cacow bliss balls, but Little Tommy.
Speaker 3: Baby Bell Cheese, yep, Baby Bell Cheese, popular lunch box.
Speaker 4: And the number one Yopro high protein Greek yogurts.
Speaker 3: Get those games in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, alright, so today we're looking for snack bands. Who is on stage at snackfest?
Speaker 10: Who is it?
Speaker 4: I'll tell you who. One confection goal thirty seconds to mass bars Silva. Not worked out for that one, Tim Tammy Winnette, this.
Speaker 2: Is an unhealthy lunch box.
Speaker 4: I have to in digit Yeah, Tim Tammy Winnette, Silver plus and Eagle Eye, Cherry Ripe gold, good old Eli. Jackie boy, what have you got snack bands?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got a famous cellist on stage next Yo Yo Mars.
Speaker 4: God plus for the reference, a yom reference from Jackie Board. This is eyebrown cold cheesel, very good gold run continues.
Speaker 3: The flame, the flaming chips. Oh, and we've got fruit roll ups, fro and Lady Guava.
Speaker 4: Maybe in the Amazon.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: All right, snack bands is the time waste, sir, this morning, Jackie boy, you're ready tomorrow, let's do it. What band's on sage A snack fest? Well, we've got not Kendrick Lamar Ken Twigs, Lamar's bark too much going on? Silver, Carl Bruno Mars bar silver, Celery Dion snapping a delicious bar snack barkeep any more? Celery on the Goro some jewels, the roll up Stones silver plus, Buddy Lollies gold, that's very good. Jess Kitcat Dolls silver, Snicker Mac gold, that's very good. Mark what Tina Tuna again? Find it with Celery? What snacks are you haven't? Netflix and Tuna gold, Oreo Speedwagon gold Kick, Katie Perry Bronze, powder Finger Bun gold the door Eto's.
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 4: Jim Morrisson flavor that's actually very good. Sam Marshall northcabll cheese a rom gold wildne Justin and Craig has got bucks is fizz I tried? Well done, Craig.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: On tomorrow's show, Tomorrow show, we must focus on tomorrow. It's then on tomorrow's show. Okay, we have the Naked hour between seven and eight. We don't play any songs picked by us. You pick all the music. We give you the thing tomorrow songs. We're the piece of clothing in the title, for example, leave your hat on, patsy.
Speaker 2: A piece of clothing, don't forget to wrap your scarf around your neck?
Speaker 1: Sorry, what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Is that song? Huh? She's eating as well? Sorry it was found on now I'm not buzzing on the intercom. By the way, we thought we were finished tonight. We always do this is it's called tomorrow's show.
Speaker 2: Today it really crossed me, so I thought it was safe to eat my trial mix.
Speaker 4: So won't wait one break?
Speaker 3: What did you What was your suggestion for a song with the he's of clothing in it? I'm sure you put a scarf on.
Speaker 4: Get the audio of that. I'm going to feel for a minute. We can we clip what she just said about what is wrap his scarf? All right? What's a song? It's clothing?
Speaker 2: Lave your hat on? Have we already said that?
Speaker 4: Where you put the trail mix in your ears?
Speaker 2: Lady in red?
Speaker 4: No, that's a color.
Speaker 2: No, but it's got the film clipper for dancing over the grate in the red skirt?
Speaker 4: Is this magic moondust you've got in with a trail mix? What's happened to you? I don't know, Hey, I was trying poor huggy right now he's eathtized. The last thing he needs the special injection right into the left clacker. You try to FaceTime he only to show it as a hug. I don't want to see that. It's like two watermelons. All right, Onto my show Naked Hour. As I was trying to say, the whole hour of songs.
Speaker 3: How do you expect them to listen? If people?
Speaker 4: What hope is there? Jack? Whatever's there? Songs that mentioned? Listener you understand its song to mention Pi's of clothing at the song title leave you how on Blue Sway shoes and they're not song tomorrow's show. My wife is helping out a friend tomorrow. This is a big thing. I think he's bigger than picking somebody up from the airport or helping the move, opening up and looking after their shop all day long. The responsibility to go in yesterday to work out how to open the shop and to be tell trained and all this. So missus O'Connell is looking after a shop tomorrow. Has this ever happened to any of you where you've gone to help out a friend, maybe for a couple of hours or join a lunch break, but looking after someone's shop. If you've got a story about that, email me Christian at christiano'connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: We're back tomorrow. The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast