Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast, Mildurn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Why from Richmond Gold one four point three hqgs Melbourne, australia'custing to.
Speaker 3: The world for Christian. Someone tried to kill me yesterday.
Speaker 4: My mum and dad are run ragged breakfast So it's.
Speaker 5: Not about the money, it's about the music.
Speaker 3: Sus now, yeah on that released the Sounds. They're released.
Speaker 5: We're up on most of the channels. I promised yesterday.
Speaker 6: Wait what's happened in last twenty four If you don't know what we're talking about. Jack Post has an album out today, very good album as well. The band are called Release the Sounds. It is free if you want to have to listen to some new music. There is some good stuff on there. I have actually paid the fifteen.
Speaker 3: Bucks you bought it on itune. Yeah brought this morning.
Speaker 5: I told you not to.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a couple of tracks on there that you didn't warn me about. Pants up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's talking about when your pants are falling down, keep pulling them up.
Speaker 3: About track number six. See I already know the album you've been listening. Thank you this morning. And also cat Dog a very very moving story, a beautiful sound, a beautiful sad soul about a cat dog.
Speaker 5: Did you get maybe it's more of a kids born in the eighties and nineties, but a TV show called cat Dog when one half of the animal is a cat.
Speaker 3: Remember, yeah, the kid's been into cat Dog.
Speaker 5: That is a cover of the theme song of the TV show.
Speaker 6: But here's the thing about a great cover version. Sometimes you'll hear a cover version. It puts a bit more emotion into it. Thank you, it's very emotional. I feel the pain in your cracked voice.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: You know it's very good.
Speaker 5: No, cracked voice isn't necessarily describing a bad voice. No, as Brad loft his head off, then as if.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, you have a voice that is.
Speaker 5: Is cracked, you would call Eddie Vedder a cracked voice.
Speaker 6: Eddie Vedder is a cracked voice. But it's a powerful cracked voice. The emotion paused through it.
Speaker 5: Thank you, have you heard it? Pats No, let me guess somebody came to the door just as you repressing play you.
Speaker 3: Had a local business to.
Speaker 4: Destroy or and asked if I was Italian?
Speaker 7: No, but that I'm going to do it this afternoon because you know what, Audrey was asking me about it yesterday.
Speaker 3: Jack.
Speaker 7: She heard us talking about it and she asked if we could download it, and I said yes.
Speaker 4: When I come home today, will.
Speaker 3: You have a scientist round? Can you download it? Or will you go to local shop to see if they got it on vinyl?
Speaker 4: Hilarious?
Speaker 5: Just skip track six is rearing.
Speaker 3: It's just on the iTunes thing.
Speaker 6: You've got three tracks. I've got the old red e for experience content.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, they're on the I think they're on the lighter end of the words that you can't say.
Speaker 4: But probably nothing she has for an eight year old.
Speaker 5: And yeah, Chris probably swears his.
Speaker 3: Old mama bear Mama bear. So them racist because just because they said, are you Italian?
Speaker 4: I'm so excited for you today though, Jack, thank you big day.
Speaker 5: So search release the sounds on YouTube and music. Unfortunately Spotify have said no, no, we just left it too late when uploading the WAB files.
Speaker 3: That doesn't sound like you hashtag wav file lateness.
Speaker 5: So Spotify will be tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Yet you often have those sort of band interviews, don't there where you'll get the band on not the stones going.
Speaker 3: So it's out now now here's the story.
Speaker 6: I should I tell it Keith or do you want to tell it?
Speaker 3: Keith was in charge of sending them lab files to Spotify, but got stoned and fell asleep. So I'm afraid it's not out on to So you can find it on YouTube. You can find it on iTunes race the Sounds, but on Spotify you have to.
Speaker 5: Wait till tomorrow. Could be up as early as six pm tonight, they said.
Speaker 1: The shambles already the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 6: So on today, week one of ten weeks of tickets, we got your Queen tickets. Going to see Queen with Adam Lambert Next week is out and John every single day week after that is U two.
Speaker 3: This continue for the next ten weeks.
Speaker 6: In ten weeks of tickets, the U two tickets lost pair today and then straight away whoever wins those going straight into the draw and someone's going to get there are tickets that they've already won upgraded.
Speaker 5: Yes, but Queen tickets.
Speaker 3: What do I keep saying?
Speaker 5: You said you two?
Speaker 6: I said, Elvis, do you know what I wrote earlier, Elvis Prasley, that would be good you've got tickets to see Elvis Pracy and upgraded. You're on stage, but the Queen tickets get upgraded today as well. One of the winners this week you get to actually watch the show on stage, which is amazing. Prize and you get the backstage tour as well. And then at eight o'clock we are actually changing somebody's life. This will be the third time we've done it. Rayal Melbourne Hospital Home Lottery draw the prize. The grand price today four point two million dollars.
Speaker 3: It's worth. You've got the home in Brighton, two story Glenville home and quarter of a million dollars worth and gold as well.
Speaker 6: We are calling somebody up with the news that they've won all of that at ten past eight this morning, which is nuts. Hey, you and I've got here. Do you recognize this track six? I believe on your album release the Sounds.
Speaker 3: This is Panca my day, the same.
Speaker 5: Way I always do.
Speaker 8: But yesterday I must have lost weight, maybe going to the gym.
Speaker 5: I've been trying to keep trim.
Speaker 8: I'm eliminating everything we seen him and Sugar's at a minimum. But now I must begin again with pants have bit me well again? There's too much space between my waistband and my abdomen up at the house because I'm heading into town. But I didn't bring a belt and now my pants are falling down.
Speaker 3: I should have known better.
Speaker 5: Pants up. I really should have known better.
Speaker 6: So you know, yesterday Patsy, when he only had one and a half at work time, wasters all the creative juice is coming to writing that song that the world needs, Panser, a song about your pants should have been worn up.
Speaker 5: See can you see our diverse musical tastes as well? We're going from rock and roll over to a bit of a more urban field there.
Speaker 3: All right. It's like can near Polytan ice cream with all the different flea.
Speaker 6: In there as well. Now we have we do have a problem. You say it's not abount the money, and obviously it's not. It's free, yes, yeah, I mean you can.
Speaker 5: You can buy it in iTunes, but please streaming on Apple Music, streaming on Spotify when it's out tomorrow.
Speaker 3: The streaming is the enemy of radio. They're killing us. And you can buy merchandise.
Speaker 5: Yes, release the sounds dot com for t shirts and now the CD is up there as well.
Speaker 6: We have a problem. As you know, the team have been forced to support this.
Speaker 5: So I think they did it on their own of their own free will.
Speaker 3: The team have been forced to support this.
Speaker 5: It would be nice if they all bought T shirts, and some of them have, but it's their choice.
Speaker 6: Okay, Now, Sam, guy, Mark, who was the first guy to who ever buy any merchandise from you, Yes, has got a problem.
Speaker 3: We can speak Mark. What's happened? You've brought not one, but two T shirts? Oh we can't hear them. Yeah, there was a problem with the first order.
Speaker 5: Yes, sorry, Mark bought his T shirt too fast when I first how is that possible? When I first launched the website, I said it on the show, but I actually actually hadn't done something where I had to integrate it with the guys who make the T shirts. Had to be like logged into the back end. Mark bought his T shirt before they were logged into the back end and they could get the orders in. So his T shirt. I got the money for it, but the T shirt didn't.
Speaker 3: His T shirt didn't get made. But you're taken his money, yes, and you got the back end of his CCP number.
Speaker 5: Then I had to say, Mark, I had to refund your T shirt, but if you want to buy it again, you can buy it again.
Speaker 3: So did you buy it again? Not straight away?
Speaker 5: And Jackie Boyce said there'd be a refund. Then last night I went online and I bought another one and saw that there wasn't a refund. You should come.
Speaker 6: Refund, buy two, but only get one. You don't normally it's two for one.
Speaker 5: Let me talk to the back end people.
Speaker 3: That's not right.
Speaker 5: Are you sure?
Speaker 3: Did you check?
Speaker 5: Have you gone through your credit card? Stagm es I have it, says minus not plus?
Speaker 3: Okay, a scam already.
Speaker 6: So at the moments of Sounds has only been released for about five minutes and already it's at the center of a scandal that's stick it in the news.
Speaker 5: At the moment. You spent.
Speaker 3: T shirt?
Speaker 5: Come on, hook me up, give me some cash back.
Speaker 3: Act the refund can come now.
Speaker 5: All right? No, I should do it through the website though, because or else I'll have to pay the GST on your actual.
Speaker 3: Sixty minutes are on the line.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three is time once More on a Friday Across to listener Bob and his head. Every Friday we get listener Bob on the line.
Speaker 6: Bob has a condition where every single morning waits up and that's a brand new song in his head, you know, like a classic ear one. He gives you some clues two fridays here when we've got to guess what the song is.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Bob.
Speaker 5: And Jack.
Speaker 9: How are we today?
Speaker 3: We are good Bob and the Bob. How's your week? Ben?
Speaker 9: It's been a pretty fair week. A little bit warmer yesterday, but you know it's coming up the summer. We're going to get used to that.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 6: And yesterday so it dropped suddenly. It was like thirty one when I was leaving here yesterday Richmond. Then suddeny in the afternoon it was quite chilly. Did you find this as well with Bobby Bye?
Speaker 9: No, that didn't happen out why wai. We left work at about four o'clock but it was still quite warm, so the cool change must have come through after I got home.
Speaker 3: Oh, I love it all right now, Bob, what can you tell us about the song the sin you had today?
Speaker 9: Today? We've got an Australian band, A song released in nineteen seventy seven was one hit one before them, and they reached number two on the chart back here in Australia back then.
Speaker 6: Okay, and what can you tell us anything else about the song? Is it upbeat? Is it a slow wild?
Speaker 9: It's a pretty upbeat to and it's a bit of a wacky song. And I'll give you the clues. It's try not to be Amorous by the Rabbits Worst Nightmare.
Speaker 5: Here we go, try not to be amorous.
Speaker 9: That's that's for the song. And the name of the band is the Rabbits Worst Nightmare.
Speaker 6: Gotcha, as always your cryptic master. All right, Bob, stay there, we'll take some guess.
Speaker 9: As a cat.
Speaker 6: All right, lines are open now if you think you know what the song is nine four one one O four three. We got the headlines on the way and then we'll take your guesses.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 6: All right, let's get a listener, Bob back on every Friday morning we go into his mind.
Speaker 3: You've got to try and guess what the song is in his head. Bob, the clues again, the clues.
Speaker 9: Are for the song Try not to Be amorous and for the name of the band, the Rab's worth the nightmare.
Speaker 6: All right, and this is an Australian song came out in the late seventies.
Speaker 9: You say, seventy seven release ninety seventy seven, the one who Wonder?
Speaker 3: Very upbat you gotcha?
Speaker 6: All right, let's get take some guesses now, Sean.
Speaker 3: Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 10: Here you going.
Speaker 6: I'm good Sean, and I hope you well. Thanks for calling the show. All right, you're live with Bob.
Speaker 3: What do you think the song is?
Speaker 11: I think it's solid rock by Gooanna.
Speaker 9: I'm afraid the referees called a lock on. There'll be a scrum with the.
Speaker 3: Next caller to see Sean. Mate, it's a no from Bob. Sean. Have a nice weekend you two all right, take care mate, and let's try Neil. Good morning, Neil, good eye kissing.
Speaker 9: There you go.
Speaker 3: I'm good, Neil. So you reckon? You've got the song? Ah yeah, mate, Okay, what do you think it is?
Speaker 11: It's the parents Don't fall in Love And that's a try.
Speaker 9: Well done, Well done, mate.
Speaker 3: You need to try harder with your clues. I like it, Neil, I like it, Neil, Neil, I understand it used to be a d J yourself.
Speaker 11: Yeah yeah, Beck in the seventies.
Speaker 3: Yeah what on the radio?
Speaker 11: No, no, no, we used to do I'll say, at least Suburbs Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Right, so that's why so that song, those clues are too easy for you?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah mate, yeah.
Speaker 10: Right lights with.
Speaker 6: A lot of drugs around in the seventies, I'm looking at that. Don't fall in Love with the Ferrets. That is another It's a new chapter in my continuing education in Australian rock.
Speaker 3: Don't fall in over the Ferrets.
Speaker 5: I've never heard that you used to play that one, Neil as a DJ.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Nightley my yeah, really that was almost up there with Patrick and Nanz and kiss. That's great. Wow, that's so cool. All right, Neil, thank you very much. You could make world. I will send your price for a top weekend. Bob.
Speaker 6: You hear that You're gonna have to up the game next week with the clues, mate, Okay, I'll do my best, all right, Bob, have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Thanks mate. Always good to get you on the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show. Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 6: So busy weekend this Sunday in town then at the Alexandra Gardens. It is the Olivia Newton John is back again the Wellness Walk and we are all going to be doing it. So is everyone still in Patsy We'll be there, yep, where we love God in tow and order. Yes, yes, Jack and missus Jack.
Speaker 5: Yes, the anchor has approved it and not approved it Jesus coming.
Speaker 3: Relationship. These hips has have have consensual forms for everything.
Speaker 5: Submitted, its admitted, it for approval and it's got the stamps and rubber stamps.
Speaker 3: Now also can be doing it. Of course.
Speaker 6: It's a great Olivia Newton John and she was your winner on Who's Calling Christian and the way that we got her onto the show back a couple of weeks ago, a couple of months ago. Now I was down to this guy, Ryan, Ryan, welcome back to the show mate.
Speaker 11: Hey, hey you guys doing yeah good.
Speaker 6: We just want to give you a quick call check you're going to be doing the walk this Sunday. I think you said absolutely, are you still doing it?
Speaker 3: And Mom and Dad going to be down there with you.
Speaker 11: Well, Dad actually can't make it. He's actually got a really bad foot mess head surgery. But he has organized a surprise for you guys, which I worked. We'll be delivering.
Speaker 3: We've got to carry him. Don't worry. It's not as heavy as it looks.
Speaker 11: Dad is My dad's actually one of the best cooks in the entire world. And he has made you guys a range of curries and and yes, so I hope we're going to bring that to you this afternoon.
Speaker 3: Seriously, curry is my favorite thing in the world.
Speaker 11: Has just got better England.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is quite a blessing. What a lovely thing to do.
Speaker 11: That's so he felt so bad that he couldn't come and do it.
Speaker 5: So so these curries that we eat on Sunday or did you say he's coming in today?
Speaker 11: I'm coming in today. I'm coming in today. What time I'm about to leave?
Speaker 6: Actually this will be to be lunch and I'm not going to wait until tonight. Oh this is very exciting. Well, I look forward to tasting your dance curries. And is mum doing it with you?
Speaker 11: Mum is doing it with me.
Speaker 3: This is brilliant. And how is your mum.
Speaker 12: She's doing great.
Speaker 11: Actually, it's doing really really well. I hold it. Get to get her strength up and start sort of poking around a little bit, and so she's been doing really well and then and taking it all on board, and she's really excited to see Livia again obviously, And yeah, we can't wait now, are you?
Speaker 6: You know we're all walking as well. Are you gonna you? Do you want to come and walk with us? Or you strike me? I've seen photos of you and you are a former chippin Down. I think you might be a bit quicker than us Sunday morning. You won't be lapping us.
Speaker 11: Well, I just heard on your show that we have to put the cocks forward, so probably not.
Speaker 5: Hang on, yeah on right point?
Speaker 3: No, yes, damn, there goes my excuse.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I had it down, damn you Ryan. Of course this weekend, isn't it? Clocks change?
Speaker 5: So it's a ten to fifteen star for everybody, but it will feel like a nine to fifteen.
Speaker 11: Oh god, it for me will feel like about four to fifteen.
Speaker 3: Listen, we can't make and living Newton John is fighting cancer, she's not worried about the clock change.
Speaker 11: Okay, so much healthier than I am.
Speaker 3: So do you've actually joining our team walking with us? You and your mum?
Speaker 11: I would absolutely love that mom.
Speaker 3: All right, look forward to meet you. It's coming great. Well, that'd be great to meet the family. Now tell us with your twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Did you when we gave the good news about Olivia winning it and your twenty thousand dollars, there were lots of plans of what you're going to do with your money.
Speaker 3: You were talking about going and getting a dog. What did you do in the end?
Speaker 11: I rescue dog. Yes, well, I gave ten thousand back to Olivia.
Speaker 6: As you know, you're going to give that that amount of money. That's incredibly gave half your money to Oliver in John's charity.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, yep, A great man you are.
Speaker 11: It just was like again like I said last time, which had it, it's free money, and it's money I didn't have yesterday, and it's money everyone I know is affected by cancer and it's just it's something that we just need to put all of their money into to getting some sort of a result. But I've also registered to rescue four dogs from the RSA four. I like to do things, you know, just subtly.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. Four dogs, rescue dogs as well. We've had a rescue dog before. It's a great thing. To do to do. But it's almost like shindless list, isn't it him wandering around game? I can only rescue four a few dogs. They're all looking here with a sad dog eye.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And I get into trouble when I go to the shelters because I usually go I take someone with me because I can't be trusted.
Speaker 6: There's no way you go to an animal or a dog shelter not leave without one of those beautiful animals.
Speaker 3: It's half.
Speaker 11: I'm sure they all go to like sad high school.
Speaker 3: They train at night when we're not there.
Speaker 11: I'm going to take you all.
Speaker 3: So when did these four dogs turn up?
Speaker 11: Well, I don't know if I've got to be approved for us to come and check out my property and just make sure it's all, you know, dog friendly, and I'm not some psycho.
Speaker 3: So you're the guy.
Speaker 6: You're now going to become the guy in the park who's always struggling with that four And then your phone goes, so you're trying to put your coffee cup down and some sharp pay dog goes running off the phone.
Speaker 11: Or dog in a different direction. I'm going to I'll be crazy cat lady, but.
Speaker 6: With dog rollerblades. All right, Ryan, listen, we will see you Friday. But thank your dad so much for the curries today. You're a good man, You're a great man.
Speaker 3: Family joy it. Yeah, we'll see we see Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely take the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So yesterday I went online.
Speaker 6: I bought my ticket to go and see the opening night of this big new movie, The Joker, and all the reviews are out now it's for people calling it a masterpiece and it's going to win Oscars and all this. So I had my ticket and I was getting ready to go, and then I went to see my wife and I don't know if you've ever been in the situation before chat when you can see they are troubled, and you know, the kind of trouble that you're going to be in for a long night talking about.
Speaker 3: And as soon as I approach, I realize. I had a quick look at the clock just on my wife's shoulder.
Speaker 5: Time Can I repair this?
Speaker 3: Can I? This is going to be a test? Now?
Speaker 6: How good am I an? Unpacking this? And there's no where I'm going to I'm not going to see the adverts. But that's okay because you've got to allow fit.
Speaker 5: I love that when you start doing the calculations about movies, like ten minutes to drive there, but the adverts these days.
Speaker 6: But I need five minutes snack time. Always like to have a little peeve if you don't need, want make myself have one. So I'm good to go, all right. So I'm also thinking there's trouble here. The storm clowns are here. And I went everything right, and she goes, not really no, That's where I wents. Wow, it's a bit didn't even like fine, not really no, So what is it? I'm worried about my party?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 6: Why we knowze I actually took my jacket off. Not going not going to cinema. This is not a quick chat.
Speaker 3: It is my wife.
Speaker 6: She's got a birthday coming up next month. It's a significant age and we're having some people around. We're having a little party at ours, and it's the first one we've ever done since we moved here. So my wife is really, really really worried. Lot are people going to come? You know, we're not organized enough. There's so much going at the moment. Two weeks with the kids off, you know I haven't able to do this, this, this, and this, and the theme is dead famous and you know this chat because you were kind enough to design the invite. The first problem is, Sarah goes, I don't know how many people are coming, and because there wasn't an RSVP on the jack, mate.
Speaker 5: Okay, can I say I made the invite? First of all, it's a photo of Sarah as a kid, and it says dead famous next to her. Please dress is a dead celebrity for fancy dress?
Speaker 3: You I made it?
Speaker 5: You wrote back, can you give Sarah some red devil eyes because they will go with the dead famous theme? So I sent back the red devil liars version. And then you never told her. You told her that our jack's gone done red?
Speaker 3: Why would you do that? I didn't say, because I went, oh, you know what, he's don't worry, we won't send that one out.
Speaker 5: Secondly, then you guys, so I made the invite. I thought you were going to print them off and send them to people's houses. You send it as an email with no other text in it, so all it is is the image attachment.
Speaker 3: Who sent that? My wife? Okay?
Speaker 6: So she said that there's no r S v P on there, you know, And I said, oh, Jack should have put that on, you know, because I did tell him to put I did verbatim you are there are tears in Hampton. I need you to stand with the captain on this one.
Speaker 5: You should have said that. The directions he gave me, the techn like when, where, who?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 5: We're so small, all the paragraphic comedy about how Sarah's going to get drunk on the night. It was like, I was like, can I edit this down because this is like a short story.
Speaker 6: Listen, I have supported your band, have I not support There are tears in Hampton right now, team, and I need everyone some more.
Speaker 5: We can't have that so people aren't RSVPY.
Speaker 3: So I said, we need to send another email out saying and let us know from numbers. Then it was like the food. We need to have food for you all platter.
Speaker 5: We're still a month and a half out though, Yeah.
Speaker 6: But you know I work with no organization. She is an organizer. We've already booked next summer's holiday in July. She's talking about she lives like that, I live. You know now what we're doing now, Okay, that's forward planning, is what's happening in five minutes time on the show.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm not. I can't makes me ill organization or even the phrase Monday shows all locked down.
Speaker 5: I get like, oh god, no, even saying you know what's happening in five minutes is rich. Sometimes it's like literally in the moment.
Speaker 6: So I said to my wife, why don't I She was like, oh, I haven't even organized the food, which I think we should hire someone into be a barman, you know, and top up people's drinks and make cocktails. And then I said this. She was upset. She was starting to cry. I said, to tell you what, I'm going to organize all of it.
Speaker 3: Oh, And she looked at me.
Speaker 6: I was hoping she was going to go, no, no, no, it's okay, and she went, could you I'll be honest, my backside were not this.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: I have made I am not a significant birth, a hearty planner. I have betten off way more than I can chew. But I have to do this for her.
Speaker 6: This has to be the party of a lifetime. What have I done up next? And I've got some tasks I need you.
Speaker 3: Okay, this seems to.
Speaker 6: Be a team effort forget about the Breakfast Show the next four weeks. Okay, it's all on my wife's birthday or there are agree more tears in Hampton Anyway, if you went to The Joker last night and there was an empty seat next to you, that would have been mine.
Speaker 1: What's any good the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 6: Three, fifteen minutes away from your last chance tickets to go and see Queen with Adam Lambert that's coming up in fifteen minutes time. And if you could be winning those tickets and winning them at the upgrade, which is to go and see the show on the stage and the backstage tour as well, which is an amazing prize. So the theme of my my wife's birthday party next month, which I am now organizing, is dead famous, Come as some a dead celebrity. Can I either come as a dead famous couple now and my wife is going People.
Speaker 3: Won't do this, you know, I'm not sure if they do this in Australia or they get I think they do fancy dress.
Speaker 4: I'm not that backward exactly.
Speaker 6: Forget we were the only people that have seven hundred and fifty that dressed up for the Tarantino f so we.
Speaker 3: Have we were the only two, the only two that came in sixties outfits. Okay, So I do understand how she's a bit unsure now of the dead famous theme. So I'm assured. I said, you know what, I'll ask the guys.
Speaker 6: I bet Jack and Bianker have got their outfits, and I bet Pats has got there. Let's be organized. It's only about five weeks away. Do you know what dead famous celebrity you're coming as.
Speaker 5: We have not organized the costumes, but I have an idea of what I would like to be. The anchor does want to go as a couple? She thinks that's cute. My dead celebrity does not have a partner, so I haven't had that discussion with her yet.
Speaker 6: What about if you're going as the same person I am? Is it someone from the world of music?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 3: So is mine?
Speaker 5: I don't want to say who mine is.
Speaker 3: If I asked the door and.
Speaker 6: He'll dress as a better version of what I'm dressed as there are gonna be maltears in Hampton.
Speaker 5: Is your husband someone from music as well? Pats? Yes, all right, we've got three Elvis.
Speaker 3: Like a murder, mystery kills and Elvis? But which Elvis? Was it? So, Patsy, you know what you're going I do? Are we allowed to know?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 4: But it is someone in music as well?
Speaker 3: What if you're so four Elvis is? Now?
Speaker 5: Are you and Chriss a couple?
Speaker 4: Or you said no we're separate?
Speaker 3: Right? So you are?
Speaker 12: You?
Speaker 3: You've already got you know what you're doing? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Ordered? Oh sorry?
Speaker 14: Was that to me?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: All ordered and organized.
Speaker 3: I need someone to make my outfit.
Speaker 5: You can't outsource everything for the people who pay a.
Speaker 6: Seam stress or whatever they're called, a costumer. I need someone to make my outfit because I've had a look at the ones you can hire them, and they're rubbish.
Speaker 5: You know what I went to We went to the costume store already, and that's what my feelings were about the costumes as well.
Speaker 3: I need someone to make mine. I will pay you to make mone.
Speaker 5: Sometimes they're good. Sometimes they're like, oh and this is meant to be the Beatles from Sergeant Peppers and you go.
Speaker 3: There, doesn't look like that. There's no medium with fancy dress.
Speaker 6: Outfits are either brilliant or shockingly awful, and a lot if you go anywhere you're a candle, that thing will go that flimsy, barely and material. It's his molecules hanging out together.
Speaker 5: So you're going to get custom made costume. Now I want customer. So what Sarah doing is that?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 6: Another thing that's about She was getting overwhelmed with who she could be right, so I have picked hers.
Speaker 3: She loves it.
Speaker 6: Now I said, you've got to pick her a Wow factory to your stars. It's okay, So she's going to go there. She was going as Princess Diana, but I managed to talk off that one.
Speaker 5: I mean, I feel like you can get away with it in Australia more than the UK, probably more offensive there.
Speaker 6: It wouldn't be offensive way. The other thing I've got to work out then is I've got a sort cocktail maker. What do you like at making cocktails?
Speaker 3: Jack? Would you be happy?
Speaker 5: But I love to help for the party, but I already made the invite so badly.
Speaker 3: There's no worries. I told you, why would you put bloody blood eyes? Carry out my wife as well?
Speaker 6: So I need cocktail I've never made cocktails. And then someone who's going to come around and top up drinks as well. Do they mix logist what they called bring a lot an assistant like a magician has assistant, and tonight I'll be ably assistant by Deborah.
Speaker 12: They do.
Speaker 3: They do that as well.
Speaker 7: Here's a whatever you do, whoever you pick for the cocktails, don't get it to be one of your guests. Because we went to a neighbor's party once and the host was doing the cocktail.
Speaker 6: Did go for another bar and I was steaming and can we bother topping? Anyone other than myself? And whoever I was talking to, Sarah was coming over going can.
Speaker 3: You to please? Oh yeah, there's other people. The big thing I need is someone to make the cake. Does anyone know any.
Speaker 4: Good cake and can organize like my mom's a ripper cake maker?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, seriously? Then a beb is great.
Speaker 3: How come some of that skill didn't go down a generation because those ASAP biscuits, I know it didn't.
Speaker 5: It skipped.
Speaker 3: I'm still having fillings to replace the one you've dislodged.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 6: So next month having their birthday bindy for my wife and the theme is dead famous Jack and Bats are coming.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 6: We're not going to tell each other which dead famous celebrity we are going as. But I need somehow not just an organized the party, but I need someone to make my outfit for my musical legend.
Speaker 3: Jack is also going as a musical legend.
Speaker 6: We've just written down the identity of our two musical legends, hand them to our producer Brad, just to check that we aren't going as the same person.
Speaker 3: I can confirm we're not. Oh, what do you think of Patsy going as Michael Jackson? I think it's.
Speaker 4: Not Michael Jackson. Ah, right, okay, it is a female.
Speaker 5: Interesting Janet Jackson.
Speaker 3: All right on the line? Now is I hope I get this pronunciation right? Charline de Friese. Yep, hey, listen, that's to go on the show. So are you're a costume designer?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 16: I do costume design yes?
Speaker 3: And what areas have you worked in before?
Speaker 16: All sorts? So I do a lot of community theater, and I've worked on shows such as Chicago, A chorus Line, A Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Greece, Sabby Days, Here, Spray the whole a whole lot.
Speaker 6: Oh well, this will be a very easy job for you. It would be I can't tell you who it is right now on air, but it's a musical legend. It would need to be a three piece outfit and possibly a cape.
Speaker 5: A cave. I know who you are.
Speaker 3: Now you're doing?
Speaker 5: Can I guess?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Bowie?
Speaker 3: No, never wore a cape?
Speaker 5: Who wears a cave?
Speaker 6: That's enough for now. Do you have availability over the next couple of weeks to make something? Wants to tell you what it is?
Speaker 12: I certainly do.
Speaker 5: Right, would you have if somebody a second person, would you have time to do two costumes?
Speaker 16: I certainly would.
Speaker 3: Patsy, do you need one made as well? Well?
Speaker 4: I'm kind of sorted.
Speaker 5: What do you What do you mean? You've already bought your yeah.
Speaker 4: Kind disorder?
Speaker 7: It's coming, so I hope it's okay, So maybe stand by, but I think I'm okay.
Speaker 3: Are you going as Carrie Fisher?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: It will be summary, I guess, yeah, right, the two Danish pastries.
Speaker 6: More like the hut No, I don't say that, all right, listen, I'll give you a call after the show. Okay, but thanks for calling this.
Speaker 16: Morning, beautiful Christian.
Speaker 3: Thanks not speeching later.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three started this week on Monday. Christian o'conls some weeks of tickets.
Speaker 6: This week is all about Queen and Adam Lambert in Concin next February. Pair of tickets every single day this week. Next week we'd roll straight into Week two, Elton John. Week three is you two and so it continues for the next ten weeks. Today is extraordinary. We've got another pair of tickets.
Speaker 3: And then straight away we'll put you into the drawer with the four other winners so far this week, and then one of you gets to be upgraded ascended to the Heavenly Prize, the v VIP package, and it really is.
Speaker 6: The big thing is seats on the stage. I've seen this, now they're doing it more and more. It's amazing. You're actually on the stage. You'll get a totally dowing perspective of the show. You're up close and personal with Queen with a one and only Adam Lambert. You' also get a backstage tour as well. It's worth about three thousand dollars. Oh okay, it's worth way more than that. You ever watched the show from the side of the stage.
Speaker 5: So they can the audience see them like it are we just watching Queen? And then in this two like regular people just sitting there.
Speaker 6: I reckon there'd be a couple of other people as well. They've normally got like one or two small rose.
Speaker 5: No, I've never seen this show.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, it's incredibly it's a totally different expensive all right, So here's how we're gonna do it all this way.
Speaker 3: We've been playing rad our.
Speaker 6: Freddie Mercury is singing a song, gonna work out what the song is. To make it extra hard, he's singing the lyrics of one song to a Queen song when you're trying to recognize the Queen song.
Speaker 3: But we don't need that. We need the lyrics to the other song. This was yesterday's Hey, who have the chance to turn the pages over? Can we change write what we want to write? This is really hard until the last two lines.
Speaker 2: We gotta make chans meet before we child.
Speaker 3: Right side? Who are some one side?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 3: If you don't know the answer, even though I know that one you are an Australian should be in the citizenship test, shouldn't it? Here is fancy jamming with Freddy. It ain't pretty.
Speaker 10: Pages.
Speaker 6: We don't need any more that on a Friday. It's just irritating the beastie boys jam. You got to fight for your right to party. That did sound good?
Speaker 3: You wake up playing the school like you don't want to go up? Yes, I love this, I want it's my ringtoe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, missed two classes and no whole works, a bunch of cheating princissors like all.
Speaker 3: Right, then here it is the last chance for you to win these tickets. What song is this?
Speaker 17: Get up in Westfield and duffy upon raise on the play ground where I spent most self my days.
Speaker 10: Cinera prezim xenap cool call of sin sapyeople, that's out out of school, deer up, that's not in the and the song that's a bit of Freddy stylistics there here it is again.
Speaker 17: Set up in westfielder duffy upon Raise on the play ground where I spent most self my days.
Speaker 3: Cinera pro simon.
Speaker 10: Acidap, cool callo sin.
Speaker 2: Sappy people, that's out out of.
Speaker 3: School, deer up. Good luck lines are open now nine four one four one O four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 6: Three ten weeks of tickets. We are in week one nine months ago. This week is all went about Queen with Adam Lambert, Christian o'conls some weeks of tickets.
Speaker 3: All right, you've been trying to guess all week what are Freddie Mercury? What song he's singing. We've got four winners all on hold.
Speaker 6: One more was about to be added to them, and then they all go into a chour and one of them gets to upgrade their tickets to this amazing prize. You get to sit on the stage with Queen and Adam Lambert watch the show that way, also get to backstage Tour two, this Mega World tour that they've been on as well the Rhapsody tour here in February, Amy Park, all.
Speaker 3: Right, so here's today's song. You've been trying to work out what it is in.
Speaker 17: Gaga set up in westfielder Duffy upon Raise on the playground where I spent most of my days.
Speaker 10: Cups up too, and I'll send some people that's out out of school.
Speaker 3: All right, that's to lines Chris, Good morning, good morning mate. What do you think it is? Which song is Freddy doing. I think that's the scene to tune to the fresh Prince of bel Air. Now for you to guess that you've had to have been a pretty big fan back in the day, a loving volunteer Philadelphia. Here it is well done, Chris, Well done, buddy. More than My Days two and album Maxine Relaxing.
Speaker 6: Are cool and as you what a great show this was? Yeah, and shoe star Will Smith. This is Will Swell Smith rapping with of course Freddy. This is what I hangover sounds like. All right, so we're you are now going to add you Chris. So you've got your tickets, that's safe. We're now going to add you to the draw to see if you're going to be upgraded to be sitting on the stage and join the show. All right, Jack, you're ready, and we've got all the other winners this week. That's Shane, Elisa, Catherine and Daniel added Chris.
Speaker 3: Is just one.
Speaker 6: Let's do the drawnail, Jack and work out who is going to be winning this incredible prize of the upgrade.
Speaker 5: Go over to the bingo machine that you have them paint gold and it's still after a year tacky with the.
Speaker 3: Pay brilliant and great, that was a very quick spin. Oh allow me to keep going.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I could have closed the door again. Are the paint stuck?
Speaker 6: By the way, the team have let me know that Daniel or winner from Monday has taken his mum. Catherine from Tuesday has taken her husband. Alisa, the winner on Wednesday has taken a sister. Shane from lang Warren has taken his wife yesterday's winner. What that shows us if you're a fan, is people that are the winners are taking somebody along.
Speaker 3: Who is the winner.
Speaker 5: Lucky Day number four?
Speaker 3: Shane? That's you?
Speaker 12: Oh you bloody beauty.
Speaker 3: Amazing, Thank you so much, Shane.
Speaker 6: You get to see Queen with Adam Lambert live on stage. You're gonna be out on the stage watching the show.
Speaker 12: Oh this is amazing. This is absolutely amazing. Thank you so much. Gold and Christian and Beck well done.
Speaker 3: And who are you taking with you? Who's going to be sat with you on stage? Ah? Brilliant, what a great prize.
Speaker 12: Amazing, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's all right. I hope you will enjoy the show.
Speaker 6: Queen Live are amazing And there's only one Freddie Murky, but Adam Lambert is a really special talent. So it had been an incredible show and you've got the best seats.
Speaker 3: In the house.
Speaker 12: I can't believe it. Thank you so much, gold.
Speaker 3: Hey, pleasure enjoy it all right, we see that. Thank you very much, well done.
Speaker 12: I will thank you guys all right.
Speaker 6: Ten weeks of tickets continues next week out and John every single day the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell and Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 6: Here it is then, So this is the third time we've been lucky enough to do this with the Rural Melbourne Hospital Home lottery draw. Thousands of you have been buying all the tickets over fifteen thousand prizes. But we're about to find out the identity and speak to the person right now is in this great city and is about to get a phone call that really will truly change their life. And the join this for us and hopefully you listening to this, even if it's not you, and I hope it is you as you get to hear someone have their life changed. Everything about their life is about to change the next minute or.
Speaker 3: Two of live radio, they're about to find out they've won a prize worth over four point two million dollars.
Speaker 6: You get this beautiful Glenville two story home in Brighton. Jack and I have been round two. What's the name of the tiles?
Speaker 5: That toroto?
Speaker 3: That's it? Bathrooms and the laundry, and we implore huge bathrooms. Aren't they beautiful place?
Speaker 6: And as that wasn't enough, you also get cought of a million dollars worth in gold.
Speaker 3: All right, so we have. All I have is a first name here and a phone number. Jack's about to put them in. We're about to call them up.
Speaker 5: Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 3: So this is proper live radio. This guy has no idea? What's it? Guy? No? One picks up unknown number?
Speaker 5: Do we split the prize? If just between ourselves? We have a work number for this person as well.
Speaker 3: This happened a year ago. Do you with a firefighter? And we had to call the fire station. Fire stations don't like just getting.
Speaker 9: Are you call going?
Speaker 12: I was leaving me a message and I'll call you reck as soon as possible.
Speaker 3: Oh, we don't want to leave a message.
Speaker 6: It's not not a nice way to find out, as a voicemail might not pick it up till like Sunday night.
Speaker 3: Oh I forgot to right, you've gotta work number.
Speaker 5: You gotta work number here.
Speaker 6: All right, let's try it so we now know it's a Glenn. If you are Glen, we're trying to get hold of you. You've won four point two million dollars. You are the winner of the Royal Meurburne Hospital Home Lottery Grand Prize.
Speaker 3: Do we know what kind of work he does? I do not.
Speaker 15: Thank you for calling graand body Works. Please print one for Greensborough or two for Eltham.
Speaker 3: We've got no idea which is which.
Speaker 5: I'll just start with Brain's Borough.
Speaker 3: I thought I'd accidentally played the next song there. I thought. I thought that's sher Miraquise new one, Good.
Speaker 15: Morning, grand body Works?
Speaker 3: Is he Shanah Sheena?
Speaker 6: Good morning? This is gold one oh four point three. I'm trying to get hold of Glenn. Does Glenn work there?
Speaker 15: He does, but he's not in this morning.
Speaker 3: He's not in. Has he got a day off?
Speaker 9: Do you know?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 15: No, he doesn't.
Speaker 3: Is he normally him? By now?
Speaker 16: He normally is?
Speaker 15: I think he's at our other shop. I can transfer you, could you?
Speaker 3: That'll be great? Thank you very much. You have a lovely weekend. Thank you you too, all right, we see you just for moment. Thank you transferring, never been back on hold again. Oh I love this one. You're listening to smooth. This is Mike Perso.
Speaker 5: Do you think we have to play royalties for playing out this music?
Speaker 3: So where am I going to?
Speaker 15: Now?
Speaker 3: Just say Eltham, Eltham up, yep, rough to Eltham. Now what did you say? The businesses body repair shots gotchable to this weekend? You got my charm.
Speaker 5: Actually, maybe I can get my car service as because I haven't.
Speaker 3: Going to be in a good mood. Don't start with that. That's going to get the first thing go. Come on, Eltham, body is she driving the phone to all of them?
Speaker 5: Should I hang up? Call again and then select Alpham.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do that.
Speaker 6: This is great, this is going really well again. All right, yep, call alp them. It's a Graham body Repair shot.
Speaker 3: At the back.
Speaker 15: Thank you for calling Graham body Works. Please press one for Greensborough Elf done with them.
Speaker 3: Help you're back. We're back in everyone exciting. Mm hmmm, such a beautiful arrangement.
Speaker 15: I am body Works speaking Lisa.
Speaker 6: Good morning, You're life on gold Wanner four point three right now. I'm trying to get hold of Glenn.
Speaker 15: Oh, good morning. Glenn is the only here. He's not in at work as yet. Yeah, is there something I can.
Speaker 3: Help you with?
Speaker 6: Or I really need to speak to Glenn asap. I've got some news I think Glenn would really want to hear. So he's not your Greensboro one today because we just called that.
Speaker 15: No, no, no, he's actually going to be here this morning. He'd worked out of this site, but he's he's actually not in.
Speaker 3: What time does he normally come in?
Speaker 15: Well, I know I'm expecting me in about eight thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Can I get him to give you a call back?
Speaker 5: I guess maybe he's just not picking up his mobile because it's a private number. Could you text him and say please pick up the private number?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 15: I can give him a call and do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Do you want to hold on the line while.
Speaker 3: I do that or do you want me to Well, he will play a song and come back while you do that.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so you can ring back. I'll give you the direct number here if you like. It's eight four five seven.
Speaker 3: Hang on, please call up. I can't that quickly. Yes, eight four.
Speaker 15: Five seven seven to one seven four is the direct number. Here to me?
Speaker 3: Is that is that Glenn's direct line?
Speaker 15: No, that's a direct number here into the office and that's where he will be when he gets in. You Am I to tell him that that's it's Gold one and four calling or not?
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, no no, let's keep it quiet at the moment. This is keep it between you and I.
Speaker 15: Okay, I'll try and get in contact with him now.
Speaker 3: As Lisa, isn't it it is? Yes, you were very good by the way, Lisa tell me this. What is it? Is Glenn a nice guy? It's going a nice guy.
Speaker 15: He is a lovely bloke, brilliant, brilliant it a really nice guy to work for.
Speaker 3: Yet has he got kids? Is your family guides? And I spoke to him, Yes he is.
Speaker 15: He is a family guy. He's got two daughters and a lovely.
Speaker 3: Wife Brilliam and yeah, held the kids very.
Speaker 15: Involved with his family are they're teenagers in their their mid to lateeen.
Speaker 3: He needs some good news.
Speaker 6: Then we're struggling at the end of this two weeks, all right, So if you could text him and say someone's trying to get a hold of you, it's a caller with hold. If you could please pick up of the next couple of minutes. That would really help me out, Lisa today, try and get wholesome.
Speaker 3: Lisa, You've been great. This has been really helpful. I have a lovely weekend. Than helps. All right, thank you bye?
Speaker 6: All right after jamikay, hopefully we'll get hold of the mysterious we now know family man two teenage daughters, Glenn.
Speaker 1: We're coming for you the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We're trying to give someone trying to give someone the good news that they've won the raw Meurburne Hospital Home lottery to a grand prize worth a ridiculous four point two million dollars brand new two story home in glamorous Brighton and you get quarters of a million dollars worth in gold.
Speaker 6: What a crazy price to get. So we know the guys called Glen. We just found out from Lisa. How's a risky question live, I'm bready actually asking what he's like. That's just she went, I shouldn't really say this, but hey.
Speaker 3: Look he's a good guy and he's got two teenage daughters. We can't get hold of Glenn, so where are we trying. Now we're going back to his mobile number.
Speaker 5: Try his mobile Yeah, all right, this right now?
Speaker 6: See I he's hopefully pulled over. He's heard about the Shenanigans. All right, hopefully this is Glenn. This is Glenn's mobile number.
Speaker 3: He's not heard he's driving to do that thing. Even if you text, it doesn't.
Speaker 5: Come through, does it?
Speaker 3: Should We try Lisa again? So we know so far is Glenn runs Graham's body works. He normally gets in at eight thirty, so he must be on the road right now.
Speaker 5: Is that why you think, Lisa?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 15: Yeah, he's expected in between sort of you know, now in the next fifteen minutes. I guess I'm expecting to see him. So yes, fingers crossed. I'll send him a text and I've tried to call him twice.
Speaker 3: Thanks for trying to how us out here?
Speaker 15: Well, I've said, pick up the private number. It's very urgent. It depends on whether he's looking at his phone.
Speaker 3: Well, that's it. Hopefully he's driving safely and what what's what's his route?
Speaker 15: Oh, he's not far from He's lives about fifteen minutes away from here, so he's got two sites, one here at once at elsam on one at Greensboro and Greensboro Queen, No, he's not at Greensborough. I know he's going to be here today.
Speaker 3: Don't take Lisa, did forget about Greensboro? Lisa? What journey?
Speaker 6: Do you know which way he comes into your site? We may have listeners right now who are in traffic and could look over and just go, wait, wow, you want to get this one.
Speaker 15: I think he's actually he's probably actually having a coffee with someone on the way to work. So yeah, I'm hoping that he's looking for the.
Speaker 5: Problem with being the boss. You don't really have to be on time every day.
Speaker 15: Oh look, you know you can do what you like, can't you?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 6: And also, Lisa, let's be honest, it's a Friday. Is he really going to rock in at eight thirty.
Speaker 15: News? I'm tipping when he gets this news because I've just listened to the radio, so I'm aware now what's happening that he's probably not going to come in for the rest of the day.
Speaker 3: Or every week.
Speaker 15: We might not see him again. There might be a big for sale sign on the country when I get back on Monday.
Speaker 6: Is Glenn the kind of boss that we said to you guys, listen, knock off. Now we're all going down the pub.
Speaker 15: Well, I believe he's already got a really nice house, so hopefully he might raffle it off amongst the staff.
Speaker 3: Right, okay, all right, so what shoul we do now?
Speaker 16: Well?
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm wait.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm still trying to contract.
Speaker 6: I know we can do, right, Do you know is there a coffee shop nearby where Glenn always goes to, Because anyone's got their favorite coffee shop?
Speaker 3: Shall we wring them?
Speaker 15: Well? He does get around a bit, so it could be anywhere. I'm sorry, I can't help you more than that. I'm trying to call him desperately as well, wanting to get him on the air. I'm sure, but he's just bloody not picking it up. So they are going it's now just going straight to his message bank.
Speaker 3: Do you know what he find? He's a tricky one to get hold of.
Speaker 15: Oh yes, he can be. He can be a shocker.
Speaker 3: Actually, what about Lisa? Lisa? Does anyone there have his wife's number?
Speaker 15: I can get that for you. Yeah, do you want to? Do you want to hang on a hole? I'll try and get better help pop you on hole.
Speaker 3: All right, yeah, I'll put you on hot well no what but I'm going I'm going to play some ads now, okay.
Speaker 15: Yeah, no, where'll your whole bank?
Speaker 1: So Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: All right, we're back. We're still trying to get hold of Glenn. We can't find Glenn.
Speaker 6: Glenn is the winner of the Raw Urban Losty Lottery Home Lottery drawl. He doesn't know this yet, but he's won the grand price four point two million dollars. The only thing is we can't get hold of him. We've got hold of Lisa, who works for Glenn. Nobody rocks in about eight thirty. But it's Friday, So we're going to try. Are we try and Glen one more time?
Speaker 3: Shit?
Speaker 5: I guess we do.
Speaker 3: Let's try Glenn one more time to see if he has pulled over? Now for this coffee? Right, So this is Glenn. We've tried him three times so far. No answer. Everybody text if you've got a friend called Glenn, text them right now telling to pick up. No joy, he's not picking up all right? Shall we try his wife? Right? We can't go hold of his wife all right, let's go back to Lisa. Now, Hey, Lisa, Hello, Hey, listen, have you probably heard Have you got the radio on?
Speaker 15: I do have the radio on you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Great.
Speaker 6: We can't get hold of him still, I know, isn't that shocking? And his wife is away obviously school holidays. She's probably away with the kids. So we can't get hold of his his wife either, No, no, so too.
Speaker 15: Sure where he is. We we think he's at a local cafe. I don't know what else I can do to help you. What we can do is just keep trying him.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you one thing, Lisa, Right, We're actually going to get hold of Glenn. We're going to give him this, you know, life changing news about the four point two million dollar place now in the same time, because you've been so helpful this morning and he stood out, I'm going to give you the chance. There's never been a bit of time to ask the boss for pay you rise, or some time off the.
Speaker 15: Day or something.
Speaker 3: He's got all those bars of gold coming as well. What you want me to ask for you?
Speaker 6: Because Lisa, he's going to be in a great mood. He's going to be ecstatic when he finds this His life is about to change. That's the moment. Then I'll go Hey, listen, by the way, Lisa wants what do you want?
Speaker 3: What can I get for you?
Speaker 15: Oh? He can give me one of those gold bullion that he's won.
Speaker 6: All right, gold bar okay, all right, Lisa, can you do it? So a fabe can you stay there. We'll come to you after the news, just to see if he does walk in the door.
Speaker 3: Just had him the lea. All right now, a star stay there, thank you.
Speaker 15: We'll do the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 6: I did not think this morning on the way in to be this hard to give someone four point two million dollars half an hour of life radio This has taken to find a guy called Glenn going to pick up his mobile. God wont of four point three have just tuned in half an hour ago we found out the identity of who has won the Royal Melbourne Hospital Home lottery grand prize worth four point two million dollars, the brand new two story Glennville Home in Brighton and the course of a million dollars in gold. The only trouble is we know his name is Glenn we can't get hold of him. We've spoken to Lisa works at Graham's body Works that he owns in Eltham, and normally he's in roundabout. Now he's not picking up his phone. We've tried four or five times trying to get hold of his wife. We do know he's got teenage daughters. Now Lisa's back, Lisa, have you spoken to him?
Speaker 15: I have just spoken to him, Yes, I have, and I've told him to pick up the block to number that's trying to call him. I believe he was in pilates with his wife.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, there's two good things about that. One he's looking after his health and two he was at plates with his wife and.
Speaker 3: Not something else. Do you know what, Secretly we're all worth fling the worst. What if he doesn't want to be tracked down, But of course luckily.
Speaker 15: Him and he did. I did tell him to pick up the next blocked call and I told him it was urgent.
Speaker 3: So did he say anything to you? Does he know what it's about?
Speaker 6: As anyone's got no idea, Plates, he's been doing the downward dog Lisa. Yeah, right, okay, you stay there, Lisa, Okay, all right, stay with us all right, we are now going to try Glenn.
Speaker 3: Right, he's just come out parties. You better pick up now, Glenn.
Speaker 6: Yes, Glenn, this is Christian. You are now live on old one oh four point three?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, really, yes, Glenn.
Speaker 6: I've been trying to get a hold of you for the last half an hour. Lisa's Lisa has been great at your your body shop in Elfim. She's been really helpful trying to get a hold of you, texting you. But I understand you've been in pilates with your wife.
Speaker 3: My phone on silent now, Glenn, do you know what I'm calling you about?
Speaker 12: No, I've had a few text messaes saying you've bit of pee up your body phone.
Speaker 6: So, Glenn, do you remember entering the Royal Melbourne Hospital Home lottery drawer.
Speaker 3: You brought a couple of cod I do every year. Yes, you've been doing it every year, Yeah, for a bit like years.
Speaker 6: And you'll know that there are about every year there are about fifteen thousand prizes, correct, and you've won one of those.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, you've actually got something. No, No, it's a bit bitter on that you've won the big one. You've won the Grand prize. You've won a big one. No, four point two million dollars.
Speaker 12: I'm not a swear on the radio.
Speaker 3: You can as long as you promise out the money to pay the fine.
Speaker 12: Okay, oh my goodness, I'm next to shaky.
Speaker 3: Listen. Let me let me just break it down for you. Glenn. So what you've won. You've won the two story Glenville home in Brighton. Jack and I have been there.
Speaker 6: It's a beautiful place. You've also you've also got caught of a million dollars worth of gold.
Speaker 12: Oh oh, this is this is a life changes unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it truly, truly is. So is your wife there? Do you want to tell her? She is?
Speaker 12: She's sitting next to me, just holding her hair, going, oh my goodness, can't she can't believer?
Speaker 3: And what's the name of your wife? Glenn?
Speaker 12: Leanne?
Speaker 3: Can I speak to Leanne? Is that all right?
Speaker 9: I'll pop her on?
Speaker 3: Hello Leanne? How is polates? That?
Speaker 16: It was tough?
Speaker 3: Hey, Leanne? So I've just told Glenn has taken us half an hour to get hold of him, because obviously you two have been doing the apilates. But yeah, he's won. You've won the big grand prize in the rawal Mebourne Hospital home lots four point two million dollars.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've won the brand new home in Brian and also quarter of a million dollars in gold. Oh my goodness, me so I understand then. Yeah, you've got two teenage kids. Where are they right now?
Speaker 16: They are at home, probably still asleep.
Speaker 3: Well, they're the same as my teenage daughters, you know, at school holidays, isn't it it is? It is all right? My goodness. I know it's a lot to take in, isn't it.
Speaker 16: It is shaking.
Speaker 11: He's shaking.
Speaker 3: So describe seeing you sat in your car.
Speaker 15: We're sitting in the car out.
Speaker 3: And what did you have planned for the rest of today? Is Glenn going off to work or he's going to.
Speaker 12: Glenn's going down to Glenn's going to work, forget that?
Speaker 11: And I was going home to clean my house.
Speaker 3: Well you don't need to do that today. You go straight to are you going? Well, it's just straight to have a party, enjoy it all. I bet you can't believe it, can you? No?
Speaker 6: I bet let's listen. I'd love to talk to you. No, don't want to speak to you again soon enjoy all the prizes. Let me have a chat with Glen as well. But well done then thank you?
Speaker 12: All right, well accept this birthday prison.
Speaker 3: So as it sunk ken yet? I bet you still can't believe it? Can you? How can you process this? Oh? That's just.
Speaker 12: I'm still I'm still processing. It's unbeloble.
Speaker 3: Do you know what we you've got? You obviously got some great people you work with, And there's an amazing employee you've got who I should just thank and point out to you. She's called Lisa. You obviously know who she is.
Speaker 6: She couldn't have been any more helpful and friendly. She's one of those people that whoever she works for is a credit to an organization.
Speaker 3: So you've got to start there. She's on the line right now. Hey, Lisa, thank you. We actually get hold of him.
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, well, I was hoping it's felling me one of those gold Bully and Glenn, I've already got to talk about that. That is incredible news.
Speaker 3: Glenn.
Speaker 15: Oh my god, I was shaking when I found out, and I've been desperate trying to get a hold of you. I was going to send you a text to say that the site's burning down because you weren't picking up. Oh my god, just amazing news. Congratulations, it's fantastic.
Speaker 12: Thanks everyone, that's fantastic.
Speaker 6: Do you know do you know what Glenn? I put Lisa on the spot. I said, hey, listen, you know we know is this guy is called Glenn? Is he a good boss? She said that you're a lovely guy and a real family man as well. So I'm glad that the good news is coming to you and your wife Lee and Glenn.
Speaker 12: Thanks very much.
Speaker 15: You are still coming in, aren't you. Glenn?
Speaker 3: Hey, Lisa, you've been a star. Okay, thank you so much for you or you're out. Okay, you're a start of brilliant pleasure. Hey listen, if you.
Speaker 6: If you ever don't like working there, I'll give you a job on the show because she's been brilliant.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you very much. How do you think the kids are going to react? Then?
Speaker 6: So were your wifely reckons? They're asleep at school holidays. You're going to head home now, Yes, we're.
Speaker 12: Going to go to talk with kids this first big and get them up.
Speaker 6: You know what I'd be I'd be so shaky driving right now. You almost just need to try and the two of you just have a chat in the car, because well.
Speaker 12: We're going to hop out of the car, go and grab a coffee.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 12: We'll sit there in the coffee I think, give them caramel moves and then we'll get them discuss.
Speaker 3: So do you do you remember buying the tickets? Where was it? I do? I do? Yes? Where did you get them from? Is it the place you always get them? Well?
Speaker 12: My wife then had another crack at me because I bought some online and she said, I've already done all that. I've already bought tickets and I said that, well that's more. You know, it's okay.
Speaker 3: You can have that over her forever now.
Speaker 6: And the bragging rights for that are almost as rich as the four point two million prize you've just won.
Speaker 12: Correct, And I'm gonna.
Speaker 6: All right, we'll let you go for now. Okay, let us know what how the kids go when you tell them this morning. But well done, Glenn'm glad we got hold of you.
Speaker 3: Jeez, thanks very much. Everyone, all right, we got a hold of Glen.
Speaker 1: Everyone the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 6: I just sent a jack I wouldn't be able to get in my car and just casually drive off after get the news that I've just won four point two million dollars.
Speaker 5: And he's just come out of parties as well. So you're shaking from the Reformer and then shaking from the news.
Speaker 6: And then they said they we're going to go and have a coffee together. But I bet they won't be saying much. You'll just be in shock.
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 5: You'd go through a giddy emotion into like crying back into giddy.
Speaker 3: I don't think you're at the crop crying stage.
Speaker 6: I think you go into numbing where your body almost shuts down because it's too much for your brain to process that you've won four point two million dollars. And then would you try to start to talk about the practicalities?
Speaker 3: You know, what what are we gonna do? You know, they've got two teenage daughters and you're having a coffee and you know, and there's all that going on around you, and what do you do now with the day and the weekend, And it's amazing just trying to think of what they're going to do over the weekend.
Speaker 6: Anyway, Glenn was the guy we finally got hold of him. He won the raw Murburan Hospital Home lottery draw, picking up our four point two million dollar grand prize.
Speaker 3: All right, coming up next on the show.
Speaker 6: Then during the next hour we're gonna be chatting to the current Australian, the first Australian you'll see Champion of the World middleweight champion, Robert Whittakup fighting this weekend Marvel Stadium in front of sixty thousand of US fight fans. We're chatting to Rob Witteraker in the next ten or fifteen minutes. And the good news is we've got a pair of tickets for you to come and watch the fights as well.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three coming up in ten minutes time.
Speaker 6: Then whenever you turn into this show, I'm sure you appreciate it, a lot of testosterone comes up to speak becerus, you got this. We can all be honest here, can't we. Two of the manliest men on radio, me and Jackie Boy, don't come any more rugged. We look like we've just got off our steeds or someone out of a Western movie, you know, lantern jawed beefcakes. However, that is about to get even more testosterone when we've got a bona fid E world champion that he is Australia's first UFC World Champion, the midway Champion of the World, Robert Whitaker fighting in two days time at Marvel Stadium in fun of sixty thousand fight fans.
Speaker 3: He's chatting to us in about ten minutes time.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three right now.
Speaker 6: Though, this is a real treat for me. I am a massive UFC fan and it is back in town. It's at Marvel Stadium this Sunday. If you do want to come along, I've got a pair of tickets you can win this morning.
Speaker 3: Text in. I just need to know.
Speaker 6: Just tell me, fans, well know what the answer this is? What does UFC actually stand for? Text me the answer? Four seventy five three one four three. I took Jack along to the last UFC that was in February, and what did you make.
Speaker 5: Well, I didn't know much about the UFC before I went there, and I actually thought it was kind of, from an outside this point of view, a kind of brutal sport. But it's not it's a proper sport and it was great to have you there walking me through it and telling me the tactics and what each guy's trying to do. Really enjoyed it. Can't wait to go again this week. I just watched the small doco to pump up the fight that you sent me last night and can't wait for it.
Speaker 6: Yeah this weekend. Then it's a real feather in Melbourne's cap. That is showing that it's not just one of the biggest sporting sort of arenas in Australia but in the world. So the UFC are back here, they've been here a couple of times before. It's gonna be the biggest ever USC fight ever, and I went on in fight, it's bigger than any boxing fight that Australia has had ever. So UC is mixed martial arts. That means it's kick boxing, it's wrestling, it's jiu jitsu. A lot of people do get put off it because it is it is a violent combat sport. However, if you have taken the time to actually watch one of the fights, they are supreme level athletes. They're great fighters and in the studio next with us, we've got the headliner this weekend. He's going to be fighting front sixty thousand people in Melbourne. They're millions all over the world. He is your very own, Australia's very own and first UFC champion, current middleweight Champion of the World, Robert Whittaker. He's taken on Israel Adasanya this weekend. The big thing is the real drama about this in February when Jack and I went is that this fight was supposed to be happening. Then Robert Whitsker was supposed to be fighting. But as everyone is fighting into the stadiums at rod Laver, then Whittaker was in hospital having emergency surgery to save his life as he was meant to be headlining. So the fight was meant to happen in February.
Speaker 3: So he's now fighting this weekend, which is why there's so much anticipation about it. Anyway, sitting in a studio.
Speaker 6: About to chat to us all next is the current Australian middleweight Champion of the World, Robert Whittaker.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one four point three.
Speaker 3: So in the studio with us now is Australia's one and only UFC Middleweight Champion of the world, the great Robert Whittaker. I'm a massive UFC fan. I actually think you're the smartest and best fighter the UFC had got at the moment. Now you are, You're you're a great fight so you're a proper finisher and you've got a great sort of fight. IQ. We were there, Jack and I were there in February. Where the hell were you?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 14: I apologies to that one, I'm sorry, but uh yeah, yeah, straight off to the way in, I just started getting sicker and sicker. The pain was out of this world, sort of throwing up. And then midnight the UFC doctor came in. They said, you know, you go to a hospital. And then within three hours of the hospital they're like they did all the scans and like, if you know your surgery, you're gonna die.
Speaker 3: So is that what happened? So whilst the prelims were going on Sunday morning, you're having what so? Was it? Hernia? An abdominal one?
Speaker 14: I had a twisted bell.
Speaker 3: How the hell did you get that? I thought you meant to do that in training. How hard is the weigh in if you've got a fight to do? Before you get to the way in.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I don't know, it's just something they come out of. Normally the people that get twisted bells usually have severe car accidents.
Speaker 3: How many months have you been training for that fight?
Speaker 14: The whole camp, The whole camp was just so much.
Speaker 6: Sparring and training. You don't get injured at all, and then you go to do the Wayne and you've got a twisted stomach.
Speaker 14: Yeah, twisted, and it's just I was very disappointed. That's a very sour taste in my mouth.
Speaker 6: I thought you must have been gutted, because that's everything has been building up to that.
Speaker 3: There's so much tip about it.
Speaker 6: You've got family friends, there's thousands of people are waiting for the reaper Bobby Knuckles to turn up, and he's in hospital.
Speaker 14: Right now, exactly that, and you know the worst, Like you know, there's a lot of worse parts about it, but it was it happened after the way in, like it couldn't have happened before it.
Speaker 5: But the way it is a hard part.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like, so oh, those cheeseburgers, you could have had it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, if I knew it wasn't gonna make the fight, like.
Speaker 6: So now it's back on it's Sunday. I'm surprised they're not bringing you around in one of those sort of zorbing bubbles because you cannot get injured.
Speaker 14: I think that's how a lot of people, especially my fans feel, because because of what happened last time.
Speaker 3: But it is what it is.
Speaker 14: You know, sometimes there are obstacles and hurdles and you just get past them.
Speaker 3: And what's it like? Then you're going to be fighting? Then?
Speaker 6: You know it's a mega stadium, Marvel sixty thousand of us fight fans.
Speaker 3: How does that feel? Are you excited? You do?
Speaker 6: You rehearse it in your mind now, sort of visualizing how you're going to win against israel I design youa.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you know, I run it through my head a lot, and I see a lot of different things, you know, But do.
Speaker 3: You see you knocking him out? Are you kicking in? What happens when you run through it in your head?
Speaker 14: I just walk in there, put one on his chin, and go home early.
Speaker 3: Right, you've got another engagement Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 14: There's no plan bing, but but yeah, you know, it's a long walkout. I do remember that the arena is fantastic.
Speaker 6: And does the hype get to you in any way because they're all saying this isn't just the biggest you know, UFC fight this year, they're saying it's probably going to be the biggest fight in UFC history.
Speaker 3: Does that in any way start to make you extra sort of agitated or nervous?
Speaker 14: No, not really, because in my opinion, every fight that I have is the biggest fight in history. For me, Yeah, this is just another fight. I'm nervous already because a fight there's a guy trying to bash me. So yeah, it doesn't really add anything to it.
Speaker 3: Now. We saw that on the February.
Speaker 6: Then the last style bender against another greatest of all time, Anison Silver, he is we'lls he on a six fight win street since last February.
Speaker 3: How are you feeling about the fight? You think you can still stop him? Early?
Speaker 14: You know, I watched his last fight with Gasoline, and I saw Gasline get in and I saw gust the laying shots, and I saw Gustlin heard him. And if Gaslam can do it and I can do it, this is great.
Speaker 3: I'm getting a sighted already, Rob I'm not even fighting, thankfully.
Speaker 6: And then how do you think about. So there's a lot being made at the moment. So everyone's saying you're Australia's first champion, but you were, if I'm right, Rob, you were born in New Zealand and there's a week later you come to Australia, so you're Australian, but you've obviously got you're very proud of you give your Kiwi roots.
Speaker 14: Yes, I definitely, you know, I'm very I've always said it. I'm very very proud of my Kiwi roots, my Moldi roots, like I definitely draw strength from that. But you know I was I was completely raised here in Australia and my kids are born here. I live here as obnoestly as they can.
Speaker 6: But then you're fighting a Kiwi and the worst thing you can say to an Australian is oh your accent?
Speaker 3: Are you a Kiwi?
Speaker 6: And it's fighting taught. So you fight this up and comer who is a is a proud Kiwi, isn't it, which is an extra bit of tension.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I don't know, have an extra bit of attention for me because I just want to I just want to bash him.
Speaker 3: Keep coming back to that very game plan. You're going to punch him on the chip.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it doesn't really bother me.
Speaker 3: What you're a.
Speaker 6: If you if it goes into like the third or fourth round, you here two guys going right, remember punch him on the chin. Okay, that's us just reminding of view of the game plan. What's in the I've noticed you've got two different drink bottles. You've got like a five gallon bottle of something and then a golden flask of something. What's what's in the golden fish? What alixir is in that?
Speaker 14: It's just it's just coffee. It's just coffee, right, okay, the nectar of life and the bottles just for waterloading.
Speaker 3: It was a urine sample. Jesus. If you can feel that you're a big d well listen, good luck Sunday. I really hope you win. I think you're an amazing fighter. I think it's great.
Speaker 6: It's in Melbourne here, you know, it's a sport mecha here and I can't wait to see it. I hope that Plan A is the only plan you need. Well, I think you're a great champ. You deserve to be the world champion fighting out of Australia.
Speaker 14: So I mate, thank you, so much for having me, guys, really pleasure.
Speaker 3: Good luck, Please take it easy at the way in.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: What a week.
Speaker 6: Release The Sounds out now, Jack's debut album with his band released The Sounds.
Speaker 3: The album is out. You can enjoy it for free new music and it is very good.
Speaker 5: And thank you to you for bringing in your t shirt. You didn't wear it, but you brought it in.
Speaker 6: I meant to do, you know what, once i'd done the Royal Lottery stuff, because I knew it was being filmed.
Speaker 3: I didn't look too scruffy. I meant to get a bit. Obviously that that ran longer than we planned. We're still trying to claw back the show. We late for the news, been late for everything.
Speaker 5: Honestly, if you don't I'm on the shirt. I'm happy to resell it.
Speaker 3: Get out of it. Where can they find if they want to enjoy the album, Mate search.
Speaker 5: Release The Sounds on YouTube, Apple Music and if you've got Spotify, will be out on Spotify tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Okay, everyone, have a great weekend. We will see you Sunday.
Speaker 6: Then Sunday we are going to be the Sunday morning at Alexandra Gardens for the Olivia Newton John Wellness Walk. Me and Jack and Pat's all doing that supporting a great charity and an amazing woman, Olivia Newton John. And then Jack and I have got a bit of a gear change. We're heading over to Marvel Stadium where we're going to be watching UFC two four three. And of course you know what the other thing is. We have no time to talk about today. Do you remember when we had Chris Hemsworth on Who's going in? Christian I saught emails with his pa. So Chris really enjoyed that and he said that if you are going to be going to UFC two four three, that's now this Sunday. If he's coming down, he'd love to see you beforehand for a beer. What are the chances do we think I'm going to be having a beer Sunday with thor?
Speaker 5: I think you need to send a prompting email.
Speaker 3: What do I say to take?
Speaker 5: I'm not sure if this is a thing. Should we say where do you want to mate for the beer? Or is that still too keen?
Speaker 4: No, you're so looking forward to catching up with Chris again.
Speaker 3: To business like catching up with.
Speaker 6: It's just just cool if I just say, hey, you know what, can't wait for the fights this weekend?
Speaker 3: Who have you got? Bobby Knuckles or Style Bender? No notes, No, I know what it is?
Speaker 5: Beer emoji, question mark, Mike dropping.
Speaker 3: You're out.
Speaker 16: Too.
Speaker 3: It's too cal for me. I can't. I'm not you, Jack, I couldn't pull that off. Let me send it all right, Okay, you send it. Have a great weekend. Thanks for listen.
Speaker 6: This week we are back Monday Morning with Elton John Tickets every single day, next week, second week or ten weeks of tickets on the way next to Jason Tyler.
Speaker 3: Today's show is Elvis Who Done it for
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three