Speaker 1: Welcome to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This podcast is for women who want to take ownership of their lives, live unapologetically, and are ready to turn their biggest dreams into their reality. If you're ready to be armed with the tools that will inspire to take bold action, feel confident within yourself, and conquer your goals, then you've come to the right place. I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson. I'm a lawyer turned entrepreneur, co founder of Naked Harvest Supplements, and social media personality with a community of over three hundred thousand. I grew up believing I had to pursue the safe option and fit into a mold others had created for me. But then I entered my corporate law job and I realized that settling for a reality that didn't set my soul on fire was something I was not prepared to do. I wanted more, and I have a feeling you do too. Join me and special guests weekly as we get down to the nitty gritty on all things health, mastering your mindset, creating lasting habits, thriving in your career and relationships, plus so much more, and together we'll gain the knowledge and perspective to pursue our wildest dreams and kick fear to the curb. Well, what are you waiting for? Let's Rise and Conquer. Hey guys, and welcome to another episode of the Rise and Conquer Podcast. Today, I'm sitting down with Steph Pace. You may know her as Just Another Mummy Blog. Steph is a mother, makeup artist and blogger from Sydney, Australia. If you want to learn how to declutter your life as well as every room in your house, then keep listening. Steph has absolutely mastered the art of organization and yes she does have the most satisfying cupboards in the world. Steph also keeps it real on her blog, Just Another Mummy Blog. We chat about what it's like balancing mom life and blogging, and what it takes to start a successful blog. We also chat about mental health and in particular her anxiety and postonatal depression she experienced after giving birth with her beautiful girls, Harper and Willow. Steph's space on the Internet is raw and honest. She provides real tips and perspectives on basically every can think of, and this interview is no different. I loved this so much and it was so good to meet Steph in person. I hope you enjoy this as much.
Speaker 2: As I did.
Speaker 1: Hi, Steph, and welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me. I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: Of course, so Steph traveled to me, which was so nice. And then the first thing I said to Stef I was like, oh, well, not the first thing. First thing I noticed, guys, she's like exactly the person who she is online, and like, look, you exactly the same. Is so sweet.
Speaker 2: I just can't thank you you're exactly the same as well.
Speaker 1: No, it's just like, of course, like everyone is. But yeah, it was very refreshing. But we're sitting on the carpet on the floor because the sound is better here, so we it's rainy day, so it's really not too bad. But we're going to get into some juicy good stuff. Before that, tell me about the season that you were currently in. So what I mean by that is, you know how we all go through seasons. Some aren't that great, some are amazing. But I like to call them seasons because we can be really grateful for when we're currently in a good one, or if it's not so good, we know that it's just a season. So what sort of season are you currently in.
Speaker 2: I would say this season I'm in at the moment is balance. I'm finally finding a balance in my life for for the first time ever, maybe since I've become a mom, but you know, yeah, between running a business and then being the little ones to look after, I was like, last year was just really full on for me. I started my other business, did an event, and it was just kind of me trying to find my feet. And now I've put in like little things in place, outsourced, and now I can actually breathe again, and it's really good.
Speaker 1: I love that. And you can you can actually tell that from your stories and just your personality at the moment. You can tell that you are feeling a lot more balanced. So I'm very happy with you. Thank you, And yeah, definitely congratulations about outsourcing, because that can feel so huge and then once you do it, you're like, oh my god, this is the best thing ever.
Speaker 2: Oh it is. It's amazing one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Okay, So for the listeners who may not know who are can you give a snapshot of who Stephez is.
Speaker 2: So I am a mom of two girls and I basically share all things organization, health and fitness. I talk a lot about mental health as well. But yeah, I'm basically the face behind Just Another Mummy Blog and and I just love to share my everyday life and be pretty honest about everything.
Speaker 1: We're in real love it. And so what inspired you to start Just Another Mummy Blog?
Speaker 2: So I actually started. I was twenty five when I had my first daughter, Harper, and I didn't have like any mum friends. We were the first people in our friendship group to have kids, so I felt really alone, like I didn't really have anyone I could obviously besides my own mum to go to to us like, am I allowed to do this? I'm I allowed to do that? Like it's really scary. And I kind of started it because I also did a degree journalism at UNI and I love to write. It's like a like an outlet for me. So I was really really scared to start it, but my husband Ryan was like, just go for it. And then it just has evolved from this little blog that I could just write on my emotions and feelings into this amazing platform where I connect with all these beautiful women.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. I love how it started so organically from that need to connect with others who are going through something that you're struggling with. Yeah, what's it like to maintain a blog? And then how did that kind of propel you into what you do now more with your other social media's.
Speaker 2: Well maintaining the blog, it's something that, as we're talking about earlier, like when you're feeling inspired, it's really easy to write all these topics and how to Like I love to give out free time plates to inspire people, but it's really I think when I started it, even though to me it was just a hobby, I've always made it really important. So I've always had a schedule, which I love schedules, which you'll learn. Yeah, and I just always make sure, especially having kids, I give myself more time. I allow myself that extra time, and I'm not too hard on myself if I don't meet my own personal deadlines with content.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were actually talking about off air, just how we put these pressures on ourselves and sometimes you've got to kind of take a step back and realize you put it on yourself. But that's awesome to know. So were you quite scared of getting into this space or was it something that kind of you just you did it and now looking back, you're like, oh wow, I can't believe I jumped into that.
Speaker 2: It's a bit of both. Like I was terrified to start because I was like, what are people going to think? I had all these like limiting beliefs, like no one's going to want to read what I have to say. I have nothing good to say. And my husband Ryan is probably my biggest cheerleader, and he has always just been so supportive and he always in a good way, like pushes me into reaching my full potential because he knows I can do it. And it's really nice to see, like, and me knowing that he believes in me, I'm like, well I should do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then honestly, like when I started, I had no idea and now it's just evolved like it was really organically grown, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And so what advice would you have for someone? You know, maybe they want to start a mummy blog or just a blog in general, or you know, start as social media they have a story or something that they want to connect with others to what would you advice be for person?
Speaker 2: It would be to get out of your own way one hundred percent we're always so tough on ourselves. And this is for everyone, whether you're a mum or you're not a mom. You just need to stop making excuses and just realize it doesn't have to be perfect from the start. Just get on your Instagram or your platform that you want to do, and just make the content that you want and connect with the people that you want to connect.
Speaker 1: I love that and definitely what you said about it doesn't have to be perfect, because if you wait for it to be perfect, like you've waited too long, I've always missed the boat.
Speaker 3: Like I look it.
Speaker 1: Back at my old content and like just old stuff I did, and I'm just like not embarrassed, but I'm like, you can tell it was early content, but that is what propelled me to where I am now. I'm sure the exact same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to learn, like you need to practice make it. Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amazing. Okay, So obviously you're very passionate about interior design and organization. You have the most satisfying wardrobes, covers, pantries, everything, and you also have hashtags that I love seeing, which is hashtag stepping and hashtag step meaning the act of decluttering or you've just declutted. So I recently hashtag stepped my pantry, which me and stuff are actually talking, and she was going to come down and help me. And then at the start of the year, it was with the bushfires and stuff, and it was just kind of an awkward time, so I didn't, but I was like message her and I was like, you'll be so proud. You still need to come down to orgers my pantry. But I recently did it and it was the best feeling. So I'm starting to get it.
Speaker 3: But tell us what.
Speaker 1: Made you get into interiors and organization, Like is it a natural thing or did it happen when you had kids.
Speaker 2: It's funny because when I started organizing and decluttering, my mom was like in shock. I was the messiest teenager on the planet, Like I was terrible for me. It kind of stemmed from, like when I got pregnant with Harper, I started feeling it's like nesting, they call it. So I felt this need to clean up and then I noticed how good it made me feel. I really wanted my kids to grow up in like this really nice, clean environment. So I just started doing it from there, and then I realized that all the clutter around me was contributing to my mental clutter and my anxiety, so it really stemmed from there, and I just loved how it would make me feel.
Speaker 3: That's interesting.
Speaker 1: I think I want to talk a little bit later about the mental clutter, but I wanted to ask you. You obviously document this in your own life, but I love how you do quite and not in a bad way, but you push people to do this too, which is like, literally why I did my pantry and so why is that something that you encourage others to do.
Speaker 2: It's definitely because if you're a mom or not a mum, I feel like stuff can control us. And in terms of that, I mean we can just be in a state of stress. If you wake up and you're surrounded by stuff and in your head you're thinking, oh, I have to get to this, I have to get to that, that's just going to add to your to do So I really like pushing people to do like the Declutter Challenge, which is this really small things every single day, takes you five ten minutes, and it's really cleansing and it makes you feel like you're not a slave to your own house and your own life.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I actually I started doing your challenge in your planner, because I have STEP's Planner, which is literally the best thing ever, and it's just like little at task you do every single day. I remember, I think it was like the third day or something. It was clean your car, and I.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm the worst.
Speaker 1: Like my house is pretty clean, but my car is like I just don't.
Speaker 2: Care, Like i'mly saying. Everyone's surprised by that, so I need to keep on top of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like I went in my car and I got rid of, like, you know, all like the random stuff that you have, like bottles and like random stuff like that. I cleaned like the inner console and I did all that and it felt so good. And I haven't done all of them, let's be honest, but I've been ticking off little things and just having like I know, one of them was like your upstairs bathroom or your spare bathroom, and it's like so easy. It took half an hour, and then after I was like, oh, it almost like makes it more easier because you're doing in these little blocks. So I love that. And so what advice would you give someone who they're kind of like I just don't have the time for something like that, Like I don't have the time, I don't have that sort of pleasure.
Speaker 3: What sort of advice would you give them?
Speaker 2: Definitely to look at it. I find a lot of people just are overwhelmed. They think of the whole house, the whole picture. Yes, what they need to do is that's why whatt the declutter challenge is small tasks each day could be a draw here, could be a little corner in a room there, and just dedicating five to ten minutes every single day just to go through stuff and get rid of it, You're going to feel so much lighter. It feels like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders.
Speaker 3: Yes, amazing.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I've got two little quick questions for you, which is what is your best time saving hack and what is your favorite organizing hack?
Speaker 2: All right, so my favorite time saving hacks, which I definitely utilized a lot once I had the girls, is meal prepping, meal planning, especially just like this, little things that could be like cutting up fruit that you have that you can just grab and then you're gonna eat a lot healthier. And also I have a cleaning schedule, which is my saving grace. A lot of people tend to leave the whole house clean till the weekend, and then they're spending a coold day cleaning the house. I don't want to be doing that on the weekend, so I tackle small parts of the house every single day, and then on your weekends, I just literally change the sheets and then I'll just go get the groceries and even things just like online, like online shopping for you groceries, like it saves so much time and you'll find in general, once you have decluttered your house, you save so much time in general, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: And just going back to your meal plans though, so can you run us through that? Because I am someone who I'm at home every single day. I work from home, and so I tend to, you know, just make my lunch, but it does take a lot of time. Do you just like cut up veggies, cut up fruit and that sort of thing, or what advice would you have someone like me who is at home, So it kind of feels like I don't have to make the whole meal, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So obviously we both love to eat really balanced food, so I love to use a slow cooker. I don't know if you have a slow cooker, but I put in tons of like chicken breast with some like coconut milk. Let it slow cook and then you've got your meat for the week. Even just grabbing a roast trouk from Woolworths, yes, and using that in your sandwiches. It's really easy. But yeah, I literally just cut up everything, like say, if you're gonna have a smoothie, it's separately. Yeah, you can get reusable seal bags. You pop that in the fridge. Like if you see my fridge, it's very organized and you just put everything into portion sizes. So when it comes to having lunch, you can just grab your already made chicken out, put it on like a wrap or whatever you're having and then it's done.
Speaker 1: Amazing. And so what's your best organization? Had can be like any room anything.
Speaker 2: Well, there's so many, but one of my first one I would have to say is a Mari fold. So that is when you do vertical folding of your clothes.
Speaker 1: So I've seen this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's amazing, and I know people are like, I don't have time for that, but Ryan can do it. So if Ryan Pace can do it, people, you can do it. Basically what it is. You're vertical folding, so you're saving so much more space and you can see everything that you have, whereas before if you fold normally, you have all these clothes at the bottom that you forget about, so you're like utilizing everything and then the other This is really lame, but anyway, for the Tupplewair draw you use a file organizer like a file holder to file all the topp ofware lids and then you put all the bottoms together and it keeps it really organized.
Speaker 3: I need to do that.
Speaker 1: My Tapleway drawer is like a shambles.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's the best. So they're probably my favorites.
Speaker 1: Amazing. Okay, so let's switch gears now and let's talk about your products because I am so obsessed, even though I'm not like as far as you with the organization, like I to be trusting that's like my goal in life.
Speaker 3: But I guess because I don't have kids and stuff, it's just like not.
Speaker 1: A priority right now. But something that I'm all about is I have always had a to do list, a diary, a journal, like I'm all about writing things down. I am often very stressed and overwhelmed and get a lot of anxiety, and so the best thing for me is to have these resources where I write things down, I tick them off. It also is very satisfying. So if you guys don't know, Steph recently launched her own for some reason a while ago now. But Steph has her own products, her planners and notepads, and I know there's some secret in new products coming soon, So keep your eyes peeled. But can you kind of explain why you wanted to create something like this and how it has helped you.
Speaker 2: Well With the planners, for example, I was so sick of buying because I've always loved a good planner like you, I love writing things down. I just love paper, ticking things off.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: And sometimes I'll even write down something A right done this so I can tick it off.
Speaker 1: I know it fine.
Speaker 2: So I was just I felt like on the market, when you buy a planner, you always have to do all the add ons you have to add on, like a budget section, you have to add on an exercise section. I wanted something that had everything, and I mean everything from like gift planning, password keeper, everything, And I just know from myself, and as you said, I love writing things down and it it gives you so much clarity. So I just thought, Okay, maybe like what if I just made planners And then it kind of evolved from there and then the to do list came along, which I use every single day. It's life changing. And yeah, it's just evolved and I can't wait to see what else comes out.
Speaker 3: Amazing.
Speaker 1: I was saying to someone the other day, I feel like all the best businesses come from a place where the person needs it for like they really kind of see the gap in the market and they need it, and it comes from them needing it and because you need it. And I'm someone who I want the highest standard of everything, like it's created so well. So I love that.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: And so what challenges have you encountered with, you know, starting a new business?
Speaker 3: Off air, me and Steph were talking about it's this.
Speaker 1: Whole other realm that you're like, let's create a product and then all these things happen. You know, has there been any challenges with starting this new passion project?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? And I think, as we're saying before, going from having just your own personal brand like which is the blog and Instagram to having an actual product, there's so many different factors that come into play, like you have to actually budget for it, you need you need me and.
Speaker 3: Powder behind it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and just like having the customer service. There's been a lot of a lot of learning curves for me. But I think it's just getting used to the balance between having your own personal brand and then having an actual product brand, and then having your family as well. So I think just trying to juggle everything was probably the most like probly the scariest thing for me. But as I said, like with my husband, he was running his own business already too, so he has a lot of re sources and just I just had to learn just to say when I need help.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love that, and it is like it's a scary thing, but I love that you didn't let that stop you and you're just kind of learning as you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, it's terrifying.
Speaker 1: Group. Okay, so let's jump back into the blog and know we're jumping all over the place. But something that I love about you is you are very open about your mental health online, which is fantastic and it's something that I've always tried to be open about, especially kind of last year. I was very open about seeing a psychologist and talking about that, and I think it's really important so we can break the stigma surrounding these topics. And I want to talk to you about your experience with anxiety and postnatal depression. So what sort of things we're running through your head after you first had Harper?
Speaker 2: So after I had Harper, like, I think going back to having like the anxiety, because I've always had anxiety. I remember I was in kindergarten and I would cry to my mom, freaking out about going to your six and she'd be like, calm down, Steph, You're not there yet. But I was fortunate. I remember you talking about this, like you didn't really have many people growing up that had any mental illness where very foreign. Yeah, all the women in my family like, which is not good, but it helped me because everyone had anxiety.
Speaker 3: At least she knew what it looks like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I would like if I didn't have that, I would be thinking to myself, what's wrong with me? Why is my heart racing?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why am I in like flight mode?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: And my mum would just she told me when I was quite young, like this is what you have. But we're going to work through it, so she gave me all the tools I needed and then I knew obviously, once I got pregnant, I'm more susceptible to having postnatal depression. Yeah, and I just thought so naive of me, but I thought, you know, I want this baby. I want it, so I'm not going to get postnatal depression. But it doesn't work like that at all.
Speaker 1: I remember you saying that, mog and that's something I would think too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, You're like, I want the baby, so why would I be sad? But it's the same with anxiety. You can't control it. It's chemicals in your brain. It's just as we've said before. When you're sick, you go to the doctor. When you have anxiety, you go see someone. It's the same thing, and there's no shame in that you can't control it. And people do sometimes get surprised when they find out I do have anxiety because I'm quite a laid back person. But that doesn't mean any difference. Yeah. But so yeah, once I had Harper, I had a lot of issues breastfeeding, and I put a lot of pressure on myself as a mother, like, as the first time mom, I'm going to like she's gonna have organic food, no French fries, none of that. I put a lot of unnecessary pressure on myself, so that didn't help. And then when I was just sad all the time, like I was just utterly depressed. And then I was also angry at myself for being depressed because I had this beautiful baby that I wanted. But I think it was actually Ryan who said, you know, Steph, you know your mental health better than this. You know this from your anxiety, like you need to go and see some one. So I did. And then when I had Willow, I knew strode away, yeah, and I picked it up and I wasn't I wasn't an ahole to myself. I was nice to myself. And that's the main thing. A lot of people just they're so ashamed of it when they shouldn't be a shamed.
Speaker 1: No, hey, guys, I'm quickly interrupting this episode because I am so excited. Naked Harvest has just launched not one, but two new natural pre workout flavors, juicy grape and lemon lime crush.
Speaker 3: How good does that sound?
Speaker 1: I am personally all over the grape. I'm obsessed. It smells like Hubba bubba and it tastes so good. If you're someone like me and you care about what you're putting in your body, and you have some fitness goals for twenty twenty, you need to get yourself some naked harvest natural pre work out. I'm sure you're sick of me talking about it, but this stuff literally transformed my workouts. It's proven formula has no hidden nasties, all natural ingredients, no synthetic stimulants. It will give you that natural energy boost, but without the crash. And of course it's vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free. Get ready to feel energized and strong. Join the NH game and feel free to use Rise and Conquer at checkout for a sneaky fifteen percent discount. Okay, let's get straight back into the episode. Took us through more about the process of how you experienced and dealt with your personatal depression. So you want to saw someone. Is that kind of just what helped you get through it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a few different things. So I'm not sure if you know this, but I've been on anxiety medication for eight nine years. That's just something that works for me, and I went off it when I was pregnant, but just seeing the doctor reevaluate and get a new mental health plan in place really helped. And then also just talking to my family that have been through it. So connecting with other people, even if it's online through forums, friends and family. Just don't be scared to actually tell people I've got this, have you had it? Because you'll be surprised how many people have actually experienced personal depression anxiety and they don't talk about it. But if you open the conversation up, it opens all these doors and it's actually really healing.
Speaker 1: And So what advice would you have someone who's currently going through it. I know you did just talk about that, but what would you tell them?
Speaker 2: Well, firstly, I would get people who don't even realize they've got it to take a look at themselves. And a lot of the times when I talk about how I'm feeling and that that was postonatal depression or anxiety, people were like, I thought that was normal to feel like that.
Speaker 1: Well, actually, first let's talk about what are the some of the symptoms that you experienced.
Speaker 2: With personal depression. Yeah, yeah, so a lot of the symptoms were For me, it was a lot of anxiety obviously, but it's just a deep, deep depression, like you don't want to this sounds terrible, You didn't want to wake up in the morning. Sometimes I'd actually be scared of my baby because my milk wasn't coming in and she was crying because she was hungry. So I actually feared my own child. It's crazy, and like when I say it now, like I couldn't imagine, but it was just like it feels like another time, if that makes any sense. It's really scary and you feel like you're going to be like that forever, but you're not. It's like when you're having a panic attack. You feel like it's the end of the world, but it's not. And I just think there's so many women out there right now who are probably listening to this that have anxiety, have depression. I might still have postnatal anxiety and a depression and can go on for years and they don't even realize it because I think it's normal. So they really need to talk to family and friends, and if they don't feel like they can do that, just go see their doctor and then they're going to help them from there and go see a psychologist.
Speaker 1: And I remember because I read your blog post and you said, you know, like the thoughts that going you through your head was literally like oh my god, what a fake killed this baby? Or while you're crying so much, and like all these sorts of things, which I feel like I definitely normal sort of stuff, but you were like thinking to such an extreme.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially when you're you are responsible for another human being, Like it's crazy, like you can somehow you make a human and then they solely rely on you. So even if you don't have postnatal depression, a lot of mums can get a lot of those fears. But I was like, can I give her this food? Or my feeding her too much? Is she getting enough sleep? Just those normal fears. But when you start to fear your own child or it's actually preventing you from living your life, that's when you need to see someone amazing.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you so much for sharing your experience with that. So let's talk about having two young girls, having a full time business, you know, having a husband, all that sort of thing. I can imagine. No two days are the same. How do you go about balancing running your blog, Instagram page, business, being a mom.
Speaker 3: A wife as much as a husband.
Speaker 1: How do you go about that?
Speaker 2: Very much like you, I love my routine, I love my schedules, and I've really learned to outsource this year massively, so I finally got a PA. I have my own work schedule now, so I have so Friday's a family days strictly so I can actually just be with the girls, be present. And then I have actually just started revamping my morning routine, which is being absolutely life changing. I'm reading The Miracle Morning at the moment, which is a really good book.
Speaker 1: Who sat by Americle Morning? Hell?
Speaker 2: Oh it's hell l Rod l Rod, hell l Rod.
Speaker 1: Okay, so tell us about your morning routine because I'm obsessed with morning.
Speaker 2: That's good. So half bag the girls usually get up between six and six thirty, and it's pretty good. Yeah, it is actually really decent. I'm quite happy with that. I know some kids get up at four, but when Harper was born, I used to get up an hour before her. But then when I had Willow, who's my second daughter, I kind of just got into a routine of just sleeping till they did, and then the first thing you'd wake up to was a kid in your face nagging you for chocolate, for breakfast and it's very, very stressful. It puts you in a bad mood for the whole day. And it kind of became my reaction mood in to it. And I was already frustrated. I was already impatient, and that's not how I want to turn up as a mum. And I don't want to turn up to work like that either. So I was like, I need to give myself a kick up a butt. Sorry, I have to give myself to kick up the butt and fix this. So, yeah, now I get up at five, I've just started journaling.
Speaker 1: So that's been an hour earlier.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's an hour earlier now. Yeah, So it just gives me time just to sit and have a cup of coffee right down way to do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah so you started journaling.
Speaker 2: Yes, thanks to you. I said, I'm like, I have to try this. If Georgia does that, I need to give it a go. So I'm actually because I love writing, as you know, and it's really nice to kind of like it's like you have an internal dialogue and you're just letting it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what do you journal about? Do you have proms or you just free write sort of things.
Speaker 2: I kind of free ride. I say, so, say I got something on that day, I'm like, I'm going to It could be like a bit of affirmations, like I'm going to smash this today. It could be any like your intentions for the intentions, any like fixing, any limiting beliefs I have. So if I'm thinking, oh, I'm not good enough, I'm going to be right. No, I'm good enough, I'm worthy. Stuff like that. It's really helping.
Speaker 1: I love that because I actually before you came, I got on my stories and I was chatting about I don't know if you saw a bit. Traveling for me actually makes me very uncomfortable. Like you, I'm such a homebody. I love routine and that sort of thing, and so I often get a lot of anxiety around traveling. And it's funny because something I did is on the aeroplane here a couple of days ago, I sat down and I wrote down. I put some little nice music in my ears, and I wrote how I wanted to feel this trip. So I was like, I want to feel really grounded. I want to feel relaxed. I want to not have those anxious feelings because I want to connect with my guests. That I'm having on the show, and I really kind of set the scene about how I would feel this trip, and I just journaled about it, and then I just got to my story and I was reflecting that that's exactly how I have felt this whole true, so good, and even stuff that would usually kind of shake me or make me feel anxious. For example, I hired a and I hired like a hi aunt.
Speaker 3: Said Steps, laughing.
Speaker 1: She and I got to the counter, and because it's Chinese New Year at the moment, they were like, we literally only have one car left. If you don't take it, you'll have to wait all day. And I had a podcast, so I had to go, and they only had this cart. It's like a twelve seater minibus and I'm not the best driver. We're in Sydney, it's like really busy and so like I could have easily had a meltdown and be like, of course, this is what happened, blah blah blah, like really get into a victim mode. But I think because I had just journaled, I had so much resilience and this whole trip, anything happens, I'm like, all good, what are we going to do about it? And it's really funny because it's the first time I've done that, or I'm traveling and then look what's happened.
Speaker 2: Oh that's amazing, isn't that pal so good?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I did. Actually on the day of my event, I didn't journal it, but I just remember waking up and I was like, this is how I want to feel today. It's going to be absolutely amazing. Everyone's gonna have such a good time. And it happened. As soon as I started freaking out, I just went back into that power and I felt great, it's yeah, so good.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Hey, So the morning routines, you get up, your journal, you make sure you're up before the kids, anything else happen.
Speaker 2: Mostly get my to do list together for the day before Fay comes in. Who's my pay so I have everything ready for her.
Speaker 3: What time does she come in?
Speaker 2: She comes in between eight thirty and nine, So it's like, I just like to have everything ready out for her.
Speaker 1: You and also I think that you, like, are so set up of what you're going to the day.
Speaker 3: You're clear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, So then whenever the girls decided to come downstairs, I've already done a little bit. I could have just done five minutes of guided meditation, which I've just gotten into as well, amazing, which has been so good for my anxiety as well. Yes, amazing. And then I just start prepping any of the snacks the girls neat for the day so they're ready to go. So when they wake up. And Harp is actually my oldest, she's actually really picked up on this, and she's she used to wake up quite cranky and come in, maybe because she knew that her mum was still in bed. But I'm up, I greet her in the morning. I'm happy. She's just really happy when she's me in the morning, whereas before you sh'd be a bit cranky and stuff. So it's really so interesting.
Speaker 1: It's really cool one of your tuners working for her.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. And then in terms of balancing everything else, I now have a work schedule, so say mondays it could be product designing, so making omni products, could be organizing any sponsored content. I have emails, I have everything set out, and I have it laminated, and I just cross it off every single week, and it's amazing. And then you don't. It's also another thing I love about to do list is you don't feel like you have to keep it in your brain.
Speaker 1: No, it's on paper, I don't have to think about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, that's that's really good. And I think like something I personally really need to do more of is what you're saying about kind of like batching things, especially when you know you do have so much on in your businesses and your social media and all that sort of thing. Like something I need to get better at is being like, Okay, today I'm just filming youtubes or I'm just doing podcasts, because I find when I'm going in between everything, that's when the overwhelm kicks in.
Speaker 3: And so yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, switching focus, I think, especially with what we did, so we have so many different parts of our jobs. I love just spending a day writing content. I love spending just today you know how, I'm going to chase things up, just have like an Errand's day where you run around a day just to be with the kids, just bashing things up as Yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And so do you have any lack restrictions or rules in regards to your phone or social media or anything like that. Is that quite planned or is that kind of in the moment.
Speaker 2: I guess it's in the moment. But I, like you, I kind of am a creature of habits, So I think I just subconsciously film at the same time of every day. So obviously when the kids are fighting or arguing, I'm not going to whip my phone out, but I film, like usually do a couple of instant stories after I've meditated, and I'm like inspired for the day, hoping that it can inspire somebody else as well. And obviously usually in the afternoon, when like when Ryan gets home from work, I really limit being on my phone so we can actually be together. And the afternoon routine is pretty crazy, so I try to keep that whole social media thing, yeah restricted. Yeah, when Rhyan's at work. Yeah, it's just a lot easier that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so do you have a nighttime routine?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I actually do so, of course. So obviously with the kids it's quite groundhog day. You get in bed, bath, all that type stuff.
Speaker 1: What time do they go to sleep?
Speaker 2: About seven? Seven thirty?
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: They used to go to bed at six, which was amazing, but that's not anymore. So, Yeah, after we've I always have to have the house clean because then I wake up to a clean house. I don't have to worry about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I never leave, So you do that at night after they're go to bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. So during the day, I'll do quick tidy ups and every morning I make sure I enter the dishwasher, just little things like that, just to help me along the way, so then instead of chucking dishes in the sink, it goes straight to the dishwasher. But yeah, basically, I'll have a shower, rong. We'll probably be watching sport, which I don't watch. I'll have like a nice butcher, I'll watch some crime docos and then I'll get into bed and read for like forty minutes and then I just got to sleep. But I try to steal off my phone after to say nine o'clock. Yeah, and it just helps me like switch off.
Speaker 1: Amazing. And so what is Ryan lack with your lifestyle? Me and stuff were kind of talking about, Oh there, I know, lots of conversations we were kind of talking about at the start, especially with social media because it was such a new thing. I even found with Tim like it's almost they don't like the idea of like sharing your whole life where it's like, why are we doing this? So what is Ryan like with your lifestyle and your like you know, personal brand and then the new business and that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: It's funny because he's very like, you can do this, you can do that. And then he'll even told me get into YouTube, gett into this job. We're like, okay, so we're filming today and he's like, oh.
Speaker 3: He's like, baby, need more content.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then like refuses to do it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, it doesn't make any sense. He's like, you're part of my life. But he's definitely he's quite a shy person, but he's really opening up. And I feel like in a way, my platform has given him more confident. It's like he met a lot of a lot of my community at my vent and he's never talked to so many females in his life in one room, like it was insane. But he's he's very supportive. And I think because I do keep the boundaries with the routine, I don't always have my phone out. I think it's really our new normal, which you guys would understand. It's just part of your life and and I guess it's just making him more confident within himself. But yeah, it's definitely been a process. It's been a few years now, but yeah, he's pretty good with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred per cent.
Speaker 1: It's definitely like this journey and they almost I think Tim was a big sort of factor too, was when he saw how much good it can really do, Like he was like, ah, Okay, I guess it's not just like this silly thing.
Speaker 2: Or when they like when you meet some of your communities out in public and that, and it's just it's just it's surreal. It's still surreal to me, but I think they do see the good that comes of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: And so I wanted to ask you, Obviously, there's so many positive things of social media, like we've already talked about, but sometimes there is negative things, And so do you often get criticism or judgment or anything like that and then how do you deal or you know, get through that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, I've definitely had Obviously, you know, you have your trolls and stuff like that. I'm quite lucky. I don't really get many, but I've unfortunately had to grow quite a thick skin. It's definitely been a journey for me in terms of not taking things personally, especially if someone just crumbs across your page and they make their assumptions about who you are and what you stand for, and they don't know your backstory. So I think what I've really learned is it says everything about them and nothing about me. That's really helped me, and I tend to instead of this sounds weird, but I kind of send them love because a lot of the time they're hurting themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're obviously going through something for them to be that angry, or i'veset about someone they don't even know you like, oh, you must be going through something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So as much as like it, especially if they if anyone ever like comments on my parenting or the girls, that obviously is a real source spot for me. But I always just think of they could be going through something really bad right now, and a lot of people, unfortunately, take that out on complete strangers on the internet. So yeah, I've had to grow a thick skin. But I just I know who I am and I know what my intentions are, and I think that's the most important thing is to remember that I'm in a good place, I'm from a good place, and I'm just trying to help people.
Speaker 1: I love that. That's perfect. Yeah, I couldn't agree, mom. And so the very last question that I asked all my guests is what inspires and motivates you.
Speaker 2: Honestly love I'm very much like you, Georgie. I love my podcast. I love reading as soon as I like. So, for example, with my morning routine, when I felt like it wasn't working for me, I looked up books and then I read The Miracle Morning and now here I am and I'm feeling amazing. It's just something as simple as that.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just looking at outside sources and reading books, as you know, because you love books as well, it just opens up your mind so much.
Speaker 1: And it's so true because if you think about it, like podcasts are a little bit different because anyone can kind of get a podcast, have a chat and that sort of thing, and most of them are really good books. If you think about it, If this person has got a book deal, they're going to put all the best.
Speaker 3: Things life lessons from their life in this book.
Speaker 1: Like not all books are good, let's be honest, but when you get a good one, like, it's good stuff. So I love that. Yeah, And I think a big thing what you just said is realizing that nothing lasts forever. So just because you know you used to feel inspired or motivated a certain way or from something, it's not always going to last.
Speaker 3: To be very.
Speaker 1: Open to experiencing new things and learning new things and getting inspired and motivated by different things.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, Yeah, it's just good having a different places you can go to when you kind of lose that motivation or you're just not having a good day. Just reading a few even in the morning, I can read like a couple pages of a book and I feel good again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent. I love that. Well, thank you so much, Steph.
Speaker 3: It has been such a pleasure to have you on the show.
Speaker 1: I'm sure all the listeners are going to go over to your Instagram now and get all your organized.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. It's just being so fun.
Speaker 1: Oh, of course, can you let everyone know where they can find you?
Speaker 2: So I'm just another mummy blog on Instagram, And then I also have my blog which is also just another mummy blog. And then if you're after any cool planners or notepaths, that's steph Pace.
Speaker 1: Planners amazing and trust me, guys like go for Steph and just her stories. Just when you're cleaning up, like I'm like, okay, I'll go and clean up. So it's super motivating and it's good because you're so like real and down to earth. Sometimes on Instagram I can feel like really boring because I'm like, oh, my life is so mudane, I'm not holidaying in Mexico or like you know, like lots of influencers are doing like very crazy stuff and you're just so down to earth, so realistic. I'm like, just good, I feel myself all right. Well, thank you so much. And that's a wrap on another episode of the Rise and concor Podcast. I hope you got something valuable from it, and I want to say a big.
Speaker 3: Thank you for tuning in.
Speaker 1: I really really do appreciate it. If you're craving more than don't worry, I've got you sorted. We have our very own Rise and Conquer Community Facebook group where hundreds of like minded women joined to share in on stories, ask advice, and everything in between. I'd love for you to join us. Just search Rise and Concer Podcast Community or find the link in the show notes. And if you loved listening as much as I loved recording this episode, then please subscribe and leave a review. It really helps us out and if you think of anyone who would benefit or enjoy this episode, please share it with them. You can also find more on Instagram at risinconcor dot podcast and more from me your hosts at Georgie Stevenson. Once again, guys, thank you so much for tuning in. This is a totally independent podcast, so we really do appreciate every bit of support. Hope you guys have an amazing day or night whenever you're listening, and I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 3: Your Joy, Kidday, Kidday,