Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Showtime.
Speaker 3: I can't play this game. I'm not well.
Speaker 4: There's a candle but it's a bit broken at the top.
Speaker 5: Of Dorny Fraser.
Speaker 1: She's done a doorn out The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three Show.
Speaker 6: One thousand, one hundred and sixty six.
Speaker 7: Overnight, then a lot has gone on, a lot of trauma. Another gold medal for Team Australia from the Amazing Chess Fox. We thought it was amazing with the K one, but now adding the C one slalom, all the c's, all the case, all the slaloms.
Speaker 5: She really is the goat of the boat.
Speaker 4: You've been working on your Fraser for any.
Speaker 7: Shows and again, just in case you missed it, fantastic Moss Fox as well. I just wanting to see I there's a third one there. I did a Foxy lady. I thought it was a bit creepy.
Speaker 5: I was thinking, we play that, Jimmy Hendrix if you don't. Sandy just heard that and then it just sounds wrong.
Speaker 7: But anyway, all right, So overnight Jess Fox gets another gold.
Speaker 5: Medal, two gold medals, she's incredible.
Speaker 4: Now, am I going to say something obvious? Or did we all know that the difference between the K one, her first gold medal, and the Sea one is simply canoe and kayak.
Speaker 5: No, I know nothing about it.
Speaker 7: I know the slil and they're dodging the sticks as she was the same with the Yeah, yeah, I thought they they turned up the volume of the water or something like a bar.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we're okay, it was just a different grade.
Speaker 7: No, but it's like frenches and cannons at the side, you know, like a wild part in America. They're trying to shoot her off the boat visual hazards.
Speaker 4: So she's the best in the kayak and the best in the canoe. What is the difference between kayak and canoe?
Speaker 7: I do know this about what she won gold in today? Was it Sea one? See one overnight? See one overnight? She wiped off three seconds from our previous fastest time.
Speaker 4: Doesn't help us, It doesn't.
Speaker 5: I'm going to be.
Speaker 7: Dropping that around in the office late where people go actually know, she wiped off three that's big at that level in the K ones.
Speaker 5: So she's just one K one or Sea one. She won C one, right, what s one one.
Speaker 7: And as rie own, so help you today become an instant expert around the water cooler. When everyone's talking about what Jess Fox has done and they're like fumbling their way around and going, I don't know nue about it, you quietly just go and then you say.
Speaker 6: This, canoeists kneel in the boat and use a single bladed paddle and only on one side where the kayaks they're seated, and use a double sided paddle.
Speaker 5: Then she's kneeling in that thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, kneeling in this Oh my god, I don't know if I'm because I'm a certain age.
Speaker 5: Now it's oh my word.
Speaker 7: Nos, does she have a No, they're seated one sitting and sitting down and doing an Olympic event.
Speaker 5: Okay, that must be still really hard.
Speaker 7: But kneeling, kneeling control So the kneeling one it was with one or yes?
Speaker 6: And I don't know actually understand how they don't fall over every single time they turn.
Speaker 7: Because they're Olympians. We would we be we be drowning in there. But that's incredible.
Speaker 4: No, they got something. Does it have a keel on the bottom of a boat or is that something like that? Sail boat.
Speaker 6: Google this, yeah, forty five seconds ago.
Speaker 7: Okay, because what a just thanks for the effort for today's show. You know, I really appreciate whenhen we've had we finished. I believe in my mind nine am yesterday, you at night, and we're talking about all the events happening since then.
Speaker 5: Nothing has happened. The show starts is all quick cramming before the big exam, young man, Just this for five second.
Speaker 4: Because they got on some extreme angles where they when they're going under the poles, you know, they go almost sideways where they're that's in the water, and then they bob them back up again.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, that's their body weight.
Speaker 4: Thought I thought it was some kind of stabilizer in the boat.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, that's then that's the human. That's the athlete kicking in there. Amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would call her the goat of the boat.
Speaker 5: Go Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 7: Or K one K two information has been found rios now one rep max ab up to fifty two seconds of show prep today. It's an old time high one house. Have you found out about the sport that Jess Fox is the goats in the boat of K one and K two.
Speaker 6: Solanum Jack asked if they have a keel.
Speaker 4: They do not.
Speaker 6: Most modern Olympic canoes and kayaks have no keel, skeg or rudder.
Speaker 3: What's the skig?
Speaker 7: That's a I guess if it's in that sentence, it's a different word for a rudder or ballast.
Speaker 4: So they got nothing, not even air pocket or something in the boat that helps them bubble back up to the top.
Speaker 7: No, they have to write themselves. That's why it must be so hard, the control town while you're kneeling, the intense oblique core resilience. It's got to be that, right.
Speaker 4: The kneeling. The worst part about kneeling in a canoe for that long would be standing up at the end of it, right, yeah.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, oh, you get out and then you still an interview.
Speaker 5: You've one God on a second, idiot my face?
Speaker 7: Oh God, have you got knee pats? Did you have to have some kind of fomage in there? That something under my knees.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what a jumper.
Speaker 7: I'd fold up a jump or something put it. Do take a towel in the canoe with me.
Speaker 4: What event they can't do an interview straight away after the race is the triathlon every single competitor they can't even shake it.
Speaker 7: Actually felt bad watching it from the couch eating natchos.
Speaker 4: They can't even shake each other's hands. They're like lying down and trying to reach out as a yah, as a gesture of like well done.
Speaker 7: The men's triathlon was one of the most thrilling Olympic moments I've seen. It was increded. But there was a Kiwi guy, Hayden Wilde, who was a locking to win it. He was about fifty meters ahead of the rest of the pack when they were doing the running, and the heat looked just draining there. They were just drenched in sweat and they're wearing that strange sort of it's not.
Speaker 5: The Unita Borat wears, but it's close to a man. It's close to a man. Doesn't leave much of the it doesn't, you know.
Speaker 7: You see and you know a lot about them, whether or not they're circumcised or whatever.
Speaker 4: Why yeah, why does the back need to be such a heavy DV shirt?
Speaker 7: So I've seen it before, like London, But there were two British brothers who were used to run together and Wing Gold or silver, the Brownie brothers and then what's going to watch the last But it was very clear that one of them had swored himself because again.
Speaker 4: To that bloody rate and there's not a lot of room for it to hide.
Speaker 5: Well, they can't just jog off and go to where the are. I really need to take a big one.
Speaker 7: Some of those bananas have come through media and those gel packs. They're really playing hav it today. They just have to I guess you just run and go. But anyway, let's go back to Triuthleon in Paris. Then, so Hayden, this New Zealand athlete is way ahead and they're almost doing a victory like the commentators and one of them amazing tranthons on.
Speaker 5: And then waits some English guy. It was actually like terminator. He starts coming almost like shimmering out of the rag horizon and he's sprinting. I don't even know how you find that energy.
Speaker 4: And he passes the New Zealand guy like we're talking. After they've run, they've competed for over an hour and a half. In the last few hundred meters he passes this New Zealand guy. New Zealand guy can't believe as he gets run past and he just doesn't the New Zealand does gone happened another year? He's got nothing left in there.
Speaker 5: You go, well, come on mate, he's now got your gold medal. Run he's locked in. He rots like a computer game. Someone has only used the right level to sprints. It was an unbel every thing.
Speaker 7: And then at the end, I think the English guy Alex Ye that's it, who won the gold w a trathon. He actually collapsed, actually just collapsed the floor. You're like, that is an Olympic event, you know, they're just drained at the end of.
Speaker 4: So then he's it looked like later his friends and family and coaches were maybe fifty meters from the finish line. But as he's crossed the line, can't even go to the people he loves, and just went into at one point the fetal positionsou.
Speaker 5: Is it trying to give him a gold medal? Do an interview and so real?
Speaker 7: Do you know? Did they get in the mankie old Seine River? Yes, no, wonder they collapsing at the end, they're actually dry heaving to French churchil an exhaustion.
Speaker 6: Said they were doing a life cross down to the commentators there on nine who were like right at the banks of the river, like, oh, so, what's it like down there? Because it was postponed for a day because of the more the pollution and the poos. To be honest, mate, it does not smell great down here.
Speaker 5: That's shocking. And they had to swim in there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but at least were taking all of them were taking antibiotics before they got in.
Speaker 5: Very well.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 7: Jess Fox ret is the go of the boat. If you get to all that work, you know, they might not have heard it the other lot. Did you know something past six when I first said it? Fantastic mess? All right, Patsy, how was your day yesterday? What's happening at home? In the Manhouse?
Speaker 8: Ended in tragedy last night? Oh God, absolutely ended in tragedy. I was sitting at my laptop doing some stuff when Chris was unpacking the dishwasher and I just see him pick up I've got this old or had this old round chopping board and you would look at it and think, oh, yeah, that's just a chopping board. But it's got great sentimental family thing. It was my great aunt Lotty's, so it was actually my mother's last.
Speaker 5: Lotty aunt was hearing that name again.
Speaker 3: Bless her great aunt Lotty there.
Speaker 7: In the heavens right now chopping up all her and she hats and some carrots without seventy one greater and it's like.
Speaker 8: From the nineteen thirties. And when she passed on, my nana said, I'd like you to have something of Auntie Lotty's because she used to jewel.
Speaker 5: Would have been nice.
Speaker 7: Normally, we're going through this at the moment, and my daughters are sort of much as the morning then now, and they're also going the lovely silver stuff. If my wife goes, she will see out this chopping board.
Speaker 5: That's what I'll get. I'll get the chopping that's all a wooden chopping board.
Speaker 8: But I love it because she used to cook with us and she was a really really old lady and we'd make SCons with her and it used to be on her bench all the time.
Speaker 5: Often great great grandmothers are really old ladies. They it actually comes with the job.
Speaker 7: When you're playing for that role, they go, you are old, don't you, Because we can't have a nineteen old great grandmother.
Speaker 8: It's just odd and every time we'd go to her house. I just remember she would have lollies on the bench and next to the lollies was this chopping board and I got that along with some other china of hers. Anyway, Chris was getting it out of the dish washer.
Speaker 5: I now understand why, you must be what's he done?
Speaker 8: And next thing he's like slept it in half like some sort of taco and he goes, oh.
Speaker 5: How did mister Mann you do it? What's he doing?
Speaker 4: Karate strikes on it shouldn't it shouldn't get a wooden chopping board? Should know in there?
Speaker 3: No, No, I know, but it's not the point.
Speaker 5: Jack, But it is because it weakened.
Speaker 8: Oh no, that's just technicalities. So he's big bear pause, and I'm like, what have you just done? You've just killed Annie Lotte. That's my favorite chopping.
Speaker 5: Scary sho.
Speaker 4: You think he's going to come back and haunt the family?
Speaker 7: Wow, it's just like you break the boards, you wake the spirit. You know, it's a suddenly like a cloud of smokes come up. I stuff like that would actually scare me. Now is he going to try and repair it? Can it be glue back together? Can you put Auntie Lotty back together.
Speaker 3: I don't know, she can't be put back together.
Speaker 4: I've got a glue. It's it's sensational. I think it's called gorilla grip clue anything.
Speaker 7: It's actually amazing marketing because that the name of it's great and all he got is a great gorilla Paul gripping something.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, you don't need to tell me any more.
Speaker 3: Worse, really, I haven't heard tomorrow. Will you put Annie Lottie back together?
Speaker 5: Glue Friday.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 7: Zach's Double T Cooks just claimed silver and the men's two hundred meters spread stroke, and I'm obviously just interpreted it. He looked like he was disappointed, right. I remember seeing this big survey about the bronze medalists of the happiest after the gold, because if you win a bronze, you know you've got to match just made it to the medal, right, you could have been fourth of it that you're not on the podium. You're on the podium, so your happy word silver is the most frustrated person because they know, especially if it was really close, like it must be with that if you just did this or he did that. They have that playing in a soundtrack. They're a really frustrating. The guy in bronze or the woman in bronze is like, oh my god, I did it. I got on the podium.
Speaker 4: Well, the French guy who crossed the line on the triathlon third last night was so happy he celebrated it if he won a gold medal. So I guess it's also about expectation. If you didn't think you were going to be any and you get a bronze, you'll be happy.
Speaker 7: So Rio was there another race in the next couple of minutes. We're talking about the games in Paris at the moment.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Kyle Chalmers, who's probably like one of the team favorites. He's been in the Aussie team since Rio. He started off as a young gun and he's had lots of injuries. So last at Tokyo he had a heartbreaking loss in this exact race that's coming up, just lost by a fingertip. And he looks really really, really really good. There's a lot of very good swimmers in this but if he wins.
Speaker 5: It, it will be And what is what what is it? What is he swimming in?
Speaker 4: Sorry?
Speaker 6: One hundred meters men's freestyle.
Speaker 7: Right, Okay, I was sending the guys of all the show if I was him or only of the team Australia swimmers, because often at the moment they have these real close finishes where.
Speaker 4: Well the women's freestyle finish like four of them at once.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if I would allowed to, I grow a very long middle finger fingernail because that extra introdent, or even put on a fake finger like an e. I hand down my budget smugglers, and suddenly when I'm reaching back running, I'll get the old finger up.
Speaker 5: Now that one's on me. But he's like twenty hours back. Doesn't matter. My finger's here. I may be here, but the fingers there.
Speaker 4: So that's what was in his budget.
Speaker 6: Good good morning, good morning.
Speaker 5: Do you all right? It's twenty to seven. We're going to do the good Morning minute.
Speaker 7: This is where we say good morning to many of you as possible. All we need to do is text us on oh fosse seven five three one oh four three, tell us your name, where you are and what are you up to right now? Oh four seven five o three one oh four three. We said good morning to as many as possible.
Speaker 2: Next week the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Let's do the good Morning minute.
Speaker 9: Good morning, good morning, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: Do you all right?
Speaker 5: Jack about you? Any with you? Good morning?
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 7: First of all, we go to Kate, truck driver on our way to work at the Cantrey Chocolate factory.
Speaker 5: I don't hear a good morning. Good morning.
Speaker 7: Paul in Brisbane listening to the show on the Iheartfree mega radio platform.
Speaker 5: Lock it in.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Jasmine stalled overring on the Gold Coast, listen.
Speaker 5: To the show. Good morning, Jasmin, Good morning.
Speaker 7: Paul is in Kolak, just driving into Malm with a load of ice cream. No one needs it turned around, my friend, it's so cold here. It's a cold morning today. I need a beani because my trader is at minus twenty five degrees.
Speaker 4: It was so cold out.
Speaker 3: There's one degree out there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I left the gap field houses.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yes, I watched this.
Speaker 7: Jack to me said, at any moment today, leave a gap for me. I've got this fact about why the house is so.
Speaker 5: Cold here in Melbourne.
Speaker 7: Interesting, that was so well, try again, God hell cold out there today.
Speaker 4: Free this morning, and I tell you why Austraine houses so cold. Why because after the Second World Warm, when Europe was rebuilding a lot of their houses, they implemented a whole lot of things like insulation, thicker walls, warmer houses in tough winters. In Australia, because energy was so cheap, we had an abundance of energy, we didn't care about that paper thin houses. And now all our builders only know how to do paper thin. They don't know how to do something.
Speaker 5: And we moved here. We couldn't believe how we thought.
Speaker 7: It's just the place that we were renting at the time, ratley drafty, cold, ready colder, and I moved this hot place. Then we moved to another house something ratley, cold, drafty. It is there lot flimsy. You're going to London homes in that or UK anyway. In UK they're thicker, chunky.
Speaker 5: Not the people. Where were we?
Speaker 7: Alicia at Alban's at work, nursing and nursing home, about to finish my overnight shift. My weekend starts in five minutes time. Good morning, Alicia, enjoy your weekend. Debbie and Seaford freezing. The heater doesn't work in my car. I'm sat in the car park waiting for work to open at seven o'clock freezing. Good morning to Caz. Good morning Caz, Good morning Pasco Vale South. Working at my desk in my pj's Karen is a Keino, Karen the Keno. I don't start work till eight, but I'm already in right now organizing my desk.
Speaker 5: Oh show off that pends in the jar, good old care and the keynote.
Speaker 7: Good morning to team is Jimmy the garbo at raven Hill Tip about to drop a load.
Speaker 4: Morning Jimmy.
Speaker 7: How about that rubbish though? What's going on with that freezing? Why not freezing my butt off? Going on my morning walk in Berrick. Good morning Christians, scraping ice from the car in Shawn. You're in Shawan typo there and Christian, I'm in the hot shower, no wanting to get out, listening to the show up loud right now.
Speaker 5: You know what? You just don't want to go and meet the cold.
Speaker 7: There, wanting to Rick Thomas, thank you very much, everybody.
Speaker 4: Good man?
Speaker 10: Do you.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 7: Next half and now I'll tell you how you can win the big prize today? The Gold of Thon is back on today thanks to Jess Fox. The goat in the boat winning her second gold. You could say it's the just my head, fantastic Miss Fox. It comes through me, It actually comes through me, all right. Now, yesterday we had a call from Kathy, who is reminding us about a legend of the show, almost become folklore of the Christian O'Connell Show. Every week we do a feature called what Are the Odds, and we love it. We never know what story we're going to get, call to call, and a couple of weeks ago we had what would always be one of our best ones. I don't know if we'll ever get something like this again. It's so unique. This is what happened when we're doing what are the Odds? Your stories of coincidence and chance, we had this call and classic story now a hall of famer for us from Cheryl.
Speaker 9: My name is Cheryl and I was married to man called Hunt, and I work with a Hunt who was married to a Cheryl. One Christmas, we gave each other a Christmas card which was exactly the same card and it read to Cheryl and Hunts from Hunts and Cheryl.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's an amazing story. Right.
Speaker 7: And then yesterday we got a call from Kathy, who is Cheryl's sister.
Speaker 11: I am the sister of the Cheryl on Hands that Jack sing's about. On Thursday, she's ready to compete for her fourth world record in weightlifting. She does deadlifts and she's seventy eight. Her record will be eighty five kilos if she can pull it off on Thursday.
Speaker 7: We were so blown away by this we thought we've got to speak to it. Cheryl's on the line right now. I think you're lifting tonight, Cheryl, Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 9: Hi, Christian.
Speaker 7: We loved hearing about I didn't know obviously when you were caught. When we spoke a couple of months ago, you were telling you an amazing story for one of the odds, it wasn't really the time to hear about this amazing You know that you're a three time powerlifting world champion.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's ruey.
Speaker 4: It's not really a sad question about how much you ben Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, what are your deadlifting?
Speaker 7: So you're in the world champions you're defending then tonight are you?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 9: I am doing it tonight.
Speaker 7: And so with your sister tolds you InCred have a story of how you got into it, so you'd never been to the gym, and what did you hire a personal trainer or you?
Speaker 9: My My personal trender is Robin and we're a team called Pump And.
Speaker 5: I did not my tinkle pump.
Speaker 9: Yeah, PEU m p.
Speaker 5: T P love it. I love it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we're out of Back of Marsh. And I had issues with upper body strength. So I decided, because of my age, I thought I need to get some upper buddy strength. I struggled trying to lift it, do the cover over the line. So I thought, I've got to go and do something about it. So, in my estimation, you just don't walk into a gym and expect to know how to use.
Speaker 5: So they can be intimidating places for anyone, can't they?
Speaker 9: Oh my god, yes they do, all these burly strogents, testosterone riven men.
Speaker 7: Jack talking about most of them on drugs and Royds. But yeah, let's leave them out of the ryl.
Speaker 9: But yeah, So I thought, I'm going to get a personal trainer. And Kathy's personal trainer and friend was Robin Ray, and so I decided I would go and do that. Have a personal trainer, And so we started at and each week she would increase my weight and She kept saying to me, you don't know how strong you are, and really you don't even think about your own strength. So she said you could be a deadlift and I went, you're right, and so that's how it started.
Speaker 5: So but from that.
Speaker 7: Right, because dead left and people don't know, it's a very easy way to injure yourself.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 7: It's very it's very very technical, and so you must be very very good at it.
Speaker 9: It is because you have a technique that you have to learn because it is it is very technical.
Speaker 5: And you're a world champion, so you know that means you're very very good. So how do you go on?
Speaker 7: You know, Robin's saying, she's building up you up a his strength and then suddenly you're competing for a world title. That's quite gap from that, Cheryl to go into the gym and then you're at the world power lived in the deadlifting Championships.
Speaker 5: What happened?
Speaker 9: Well, my first competition, there is no that's the thing. There is no one my age competing in a deadlift. So yes, I won my first first time I entered, I got my first world title.
Speaker 5: And what did you left?
Speaker 9: When I first left? It was in the gym, not in the gym, but in the comp was I think my first one was seventy it's incredible. Then the next one was eighty and the one on the Anzac day this year was eighty two and a half.
Speaker 13: And so today what are you going for?
Speaker 9: I'm going for eighty five?
Speaker 5: Get it in the back is marsh Pumpers, Cheryl.
Speaker 4: Do you know worldwide if there's anybody else seventy eight years old who's competing like you are?
Speaker 9: Well, our federation is called Capo, So I believe that no no one at my age broke its now.
Speaker 7: The only the reference I've heard of the word capo is in the Narcos TV show for gangsters, and you are a gangster granny if you ask me lifting these kind of big weights. So listen, we just want to say, we just want to say it low again. And also, what incredible inspiration you are. There'd be so many people listen to this thinking about getting into some of this. What a great thing have you really enjoyed it? It must have been life restoring for you.
Speaker 9: It is and you know what, Christian, it is fantastic to be in a team like I am, and they are so supportive, they treat me as an equal. I don't treat me as a little old grannie. And incidentally, I am a great grandmother of two as well.
Speaker 7: A great grandmother who's competing in the world that lived in the power lifting.
Speaker 9: You're awesome, But I have got a wonderful, wonderful coach.
Speaker 7: And so as you coach up now with you tonight? Who would be cheering you on? When you go and you put your chalk? Do they put you you still put the chalk on the hands?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: And I've got the big.
Speaker 5: Belt as well. And what do you put the big bell on the hand luggage when you're flying up there? Or is that?
Speaker 7: Does that go on the carry on case? What do you what do you pack? It's hard going through that security thing. I'm powerlift.
Speaker 9: We've got all our own big sports bag. We're pumped on it and we take you don't mess.
Speaker 5: That is incredible.
Speaker 9: What we have a sausage suit, it's called it the sausage suit. We look charming.
Speaker 7: And what time are you lifting tonight? We'll all be thinking of you tonight. What time are you going to be taking on this new world record?
Speaker 9: O'clock?
Speaker 5: Right? So what do you do today?
Speaker 13: Well, we go.
Speaker 9: And support the other team. And actually we I really need to have a big refeed because we've got to get some energy into us.
Speaker 7: Right, Okay, well listen, good luck. Can we catch up me tomorrow to see how you get on. Regardless of how you get on, it's incredible what you're doing. I love it and it will inspire so many people. And it's just love to talk to you again Cheryl.
Speaker 9: As well, Thank you Christian. Just before I go though, what I try to do is try to get it out there that don't let age stop you from doing anything. As I said, I didn't start till I was seventy five.
Speaker 7: Wow, that is incredible. Good on you. You're an inspiration Cheryl. Good luck tonight, and we catch up with you tomorrow as well. Lovely to hear from you again.
Speaker 9: All right, yeah, thank you, Bye bye.
Speaker 5: Pumped.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 7: Christian O'Connell Show, So send her a good good vibe tonight at six o'clock. Lifting for Glory, asked Cheryl, seventy eight years of age, she's going for a new world record.
Speaker 5: I feel she's going to smash it.
Speaker 7: Eighty five kilogram a deadlift of power if there's an amazing effort. What a inspiration She's given so much the show with the Shannon Hahn's story and now being a three time hopefully full time. Later on Today, World Champion Jack has a chilling story.
Speaker 4: An email got sent to the Hamish and Andy podcast and they asked if we wanted to do anything with it on the show, and I said, you know what, not really, because this is email from a guy called Zach who's never contacted the show. I've never met, and for no reason, He's sent in a photo of his foot and it has Jack Post tattooed on it.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: The only explanation he gave was, I'm really keen to one day show Jack my tatoo that I got for some unknown reason. I love the show, but I thought they're getting Hamish and Andy tatooed seen cliche while I was a few deep in Thailand. So jacket is that's it?
Speaker 7: So I said to Jack, do you want to try and get hold of this guy to bring him in on the show.
Speaker 5: I think we should.
Speaker 7: I think we should surprise you, lovely surprised to come face to face with.
Speaker 4: I would be scared if even a friend or family member got my name tatoo let alone, a complete stranger.
Speaker 5: It's a lot.
Speaker 7: It's a lot, isn't it for someone to get your name or anyone's name inked on them permanently.
Speaker 5: On their foot. It's always there, and.
Speaker 4: Every time I look and I get an icky feeling about it.
Speaker 7: It's not just that, it's like you think about you know, so he's an Australian, right, so you're going to see that foot a lot. Aren't you in thongs during the summers here and stuff like that? People are going to go, oh you Jack Post, No, do you know him?
Speaker 5: No? You are you a fan of his? Gay kind of No matter how many beers you've had, it still doesn't make it right.
Speaker 4: The only reason I would want to talk to him, maybe you guys talked to him and I won't be in the studio, is just to find out how much he regretted it. The next day, he was a few drinks deep in Thailand and he woke up and he thought, what have I done? Why have I got this random person's name on my foot?
Speaker 7: I wonder if he said, I thought, you know, you see these TV shows, don't you like tattoo makeovers? Where they can twist it into something else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, make it into anything. A snake and a sword.
Speaker 7: Oh beautiful about that. I think the jack Post is actually better. Oh yeah, for sure, upgrades.
Speaker 5: That's a snake too. Why do you live? Snake and a sword? It's powerful?
Speaker 4: Have you got the words? Jack Post?
Speaker 7: Mortant questions to know? All right, so today we want to hear stories. Have you got something like this a regrettable tattoo? You've also got the swallows.
Speaker 4: I don't regret my tattoo.
Speaker 5: You should do.
Speaker 4: I'm true that in as a thirty five year old, I wouldn't go into today. They're wopping like that's gonna go.
Speaker 5: What the hell? Sit down there? Tell me this.
Speaker 4: I actually have two tuttoes. I got the swallows and then I've got a tattoo from the hamshrad Andy days when we're in a band called Cool Boys in the front man, small tattoo on my ribs. So it's me Hamish and.
Speaker 5: But that's a great memento, big part of your life. I get that.
Speaker 4: Bianca said, isn't it crazy that you've got hams and any tatoo on you?
Speaker 5: But not me?
Speaker 4: And Gordy and I said, I said, do you guys want to be the swallows? And I can get your name underneath the two birds right down?
Speaker 7: She said, no, No, they need their own bespoke one. Maybe Gordy's the snake and the anchor is the sword of your life?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 7: So have you got a regrettable tattoo? Not like Jack Post? Sorry correction, he's proud of those. I just thought maybe, but no, no awareness there.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast question.
Speaker 7: I've been listening to these show since the last hour. I heard Patsy talking about Chris the Where We Love God breaking Grain Aunt Lotti, and so she's trusting Jack Post to put Great Aunt Lotti together again. Christian, I saw the video of I put on that bin sticker. He is not the man to be trusted with. Great Ard Lotty, paul In kui Roll, you're right, he's a good question. All right, we're talking about regrettable tattoos. Good morning to Debbie I and Christian. I have my daughter's name, my grandkids' names, and my own date and birth tattooed.
Speaker 5: Oh the dayt and birth.
Speaker 4: What do you need your own data?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we get it. You're here, all right. We don't need wait, have you got a best before date? Now?
Speaker 6: Am?
Speaker 7: I might try and estimate mine as a reminder time is precious. Debbie goes on to say I would never get a partner or husband tattooed on me because husbands and even wives can come and go, but your kids are always your kids.
Speaker 5: You should put that in the tattoo as well. That is chilly. Wow. We that is the spirit, Oh do b Debbie?
Speaker 7: All right, let's go to Gary here we're talking about regrettable tattoos.
Speaker 5: Good morning Gary, Good morning guys. How we go on this morning? Welcome, Welcome to the show. Gary. So Gary tell us the story. Then what's your regrettable tattoo? Mate?
Speaker 13: Okay, this is probably going to get a lot of Richmond supporters. Backs up. I have a Richmond tattoo of the emblem of Battalion the years that web one the premierships, and it's going to be a regrettable one for me because I'm a Tasmanian and once the Tasmanian team comes in twenty twenty eight, I am regretting having this tattoo now, which I'll be covering up.
Speaker 2: Wow, big wow.
Speaker 4: But perfect timing as well, because Richmond. Now at the bottom of the ladder, is it really about Tasbania.
Speaker 5: Is the same with the D.
Speaker 4: I don't have a D tattoo, but let's all go for Tasbania.
Speaker 5: Sure, I've got some Tasmanian blood in me.
Speaker 13: Yeah, man, that's the true if I'm a Tasmanian. And yet once they come in, I'm.
Speaker 5: So, can you check? Can you can they do anything with the tiger.
Speaker 7: To make it tis tigerish devil?
Speaker 13: I was thinking that. I was saying, yeah, maybe I better just put the berry for the Tasmanian tigers. But now I'll cover it up and put something else on there.
Speaker 5: Lovely, all right, Gary, thanks you kill.
Speaker 13: Have a good day you two guys.
Speaker 5: Me good and good morning.
Speaker 14: Guys.
Speaker 5: Tell you that we're good. So what's your regrettable tap?
Speaker 14: In my early twenties on a scorpion. So I decided to get a scorpion, which ended up like a lobster, and he held this looks like a reddish, bluish, blackish blob color.
Speaker 5: Anywhere people keep going, that's nice, what is it?
Speaker 14: I see it on their face before they asked the question, and they're like, oh, okay, so what's that. Yeah, okay, so I get it. It's a love stuff.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's lovely, all right, Megan the Lobster, thanks for killing you, mate, Thank you. You have a great day and you probably a Pies fan. Let's go to Frank Higg morning, Frank. Yeah, we're going, Frank. What's the regrettable tattoo?
Speaker 9: Well, for my ten year anniversary, I got my wash nine.
Speaker 5: Total, I mean that love heart beautiful.
Speaker 2: And not long after that, so no, and I ended up.
Speaker 15: Marrying someone with the fine name.
Speaker 5: I would.
Speaker 7: That name you want to get in my heart? I mean on this tattoo you have the same name. It's a deal breaker when.
Speaker 4: You're making your Tinder profile has to be called Samantha.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but she wouldn't too fond of him, No, I bet so.
Speaker 15: I ended up getting it covered up with a big dragon on it.
Speaker 5: What is it? The dragon is to go to cover up?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 7: Whenever I see anyone with a dragonho, what's underneath that?
Speaker 4: What do you hide?
Speaker 16: I think they would cover it up a little so big?
Speaker 5: And does it do it? Does it look good?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 10: It looks all right?
Speaker 5: Look, so what is it?
Speaker 12: Is it?
Speaker 5: Dragon?
Speaker 7: Now appearing around the sort of tattoo and with a poor over your ex wife's name.
Speaker 16: It's the whole, the whole love hard sorts completely disappeared into the body of the the dragon.
Speaker 5: Shape shifted dragon lovely. All right, Frank, thanks you kill met.
Speaker 2: No worries well, Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 7: At some point today tomorrow one of you will win one thousand dollars for our caller of the week. Now the lines are opening on nine four one four one o four three. What will kids these days have no idea about? Yes, So I sat down my door where and we're burning our way through the new season, season three of the Bad Brilliant TV Show. And just as you know, you find it any click play and you go send to my boring going. You don't know lucky you are to be ere in a golden age TV on demand twenty four to seven. Any TV show has ever been around on demand twenty four seven. I said, years ago, there used to be this nightmare of the video cassette recorder, which we don't even have in the house now.
Speaker 5: I said, you know that big old.
Speaker 7: Bulky thing where you had to set a timer to turn on to record your favorite TV show, then turn off at the end of that TV show, and it was fraught with danger because this is before twenty four hour rolling news and sport coverage, where sometimes there'd be a longer sport or news bulletin, and so suddenly you you'd sit down to watch your favorite TV show, or you'd have to record Dallas for your mum, and all it would have is that have the sport and the news and then the first five minutes of the only credits of Dallas.
Speaker 5: And then cuts off. This is my Mumum never found out who she's still hoping to find out.
Speaker 4: Or even if something, even if a program was meant to start at eight thirty started eight thirty five, it just meant you lost five minutes off the end, So you never really knew that had come of any show.
Speaker 7: So many mysteries are out there right now because of the hell of setting the video timer.
Speaker 5: Perhaps what would kids these days have no idea about it?
Speaker 3: We said it Audrey constantly.
Speaker 8: Last night she was cold and I said, we'll go turn the heater up, so it's just a flick of a switch she's got.
Speaker 3: I said, you've got no idea. I used to have to chop wood for my dad.
Speaker 7: I did get out of it. Here here we go for my dad. We haven't had one in a while. One of old Patsy's tall stories.
Speaker 3: And not only that, I see, yeah.
Speaker 7: Listen, come on, there's no way you're chopping wood, not the Highland midnight.
Speaker 8: I had to chop the water. It was part of my chores. And I said to her, also mow the lawn. And we had an acre block, so that was my job.
Speaker 5: You got one hand on the bow and then one hand on.
Speaker 3: Max swinging around the top of my head.
Speaker 5: And you get your gun.
Speaker 8: I did mow the lawn and I did chop. She's got no idea or even to have to wash the dishes by hand. We use a dishwasher. Now, it's like you're so soft, you've got no idea.
Speaker 7: I remember my daughter Guy left him from school a couple of years ago, and she came back.
Speaker 5: I went Dad, Dad. The dad turned up and he had one of these old fashioned cars. We had to wind down the windows.
Speaker 7: He turned up in an original Tea Model four with some guy out in the front with a flag in front.
Speaker 5: All right, so kids these days, what would they have no idea about?
Speaker 2: This is the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 7: There are just so many Olympic events these days and I didn't know that there's another brand new one.
Speaker 5: Good luck to Team Australia.
Speaker 3: A Natalia dem for the BMW Women's Park Final.
Speaker 7: The BMW one none of the old mummies of Melbourne round Bay side would be shoeing.
Speaker 5: For gold set The Canda Channel nine watched up for this one.
Speaker 3: A Natalia deem for the BMW Women's Park Final.
Speaker 5: Well, obviously dear the free star BMW.
Speaker 7: Uh so kids these days? What would they have no idea about? Jackie boy My.
Speaker 4: This is one that my parents complain about and I can't believe how this would be they had. We only had towel nappies when we were kids, so when you did a big old yeah number two, it would just co in the washing machine.
Speaker 7: My mom used to bore them in a pan to sterilize because she was a nurse and thought that was the only way to clean them.
Speaker 5: I remember once this when.
Speaker 7: I my sister was yeah dinner, No, no, it pre washed before that, but this for an extra layer of protection.
Speaker 5: Maybe that wasn't struggenough. So many questions, Mum, this is so Crunchy One's nutloaf. What was discussing it? Did you used to taste like ass? Damn it all?
Speaker 2: Kids?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Luck you are Christian?
Speaker 7: Where kids these days don't know you knew it must be a very important dinner. If Viennetta was being served up as a desertive choice, that's right.
Speaker 5: It wasn't just a random Tuesday.
Speaker 7: There was only one channel broadcast Olympic Games, which showed little more than swimming for the first week.
Speaker 4: It wasn't until streaming that we knew there are other events.
Speaker 8: Like the other one I had about Tonalia Dean for the BMW's final.
Speaker 7: Christian kids these days would never know about the five minute midnight preview?
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 5: In England?
Speaker 7: I'm ashamed to say there used to be for hormonial boys, there would be a preview of adult movies.
Speaker 4: On regular TV and you could dial up and go, please can I watch the fourth thing?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: One sort of channels, you know, Red Hot and Dutch. I think one was called I know you're making up. It was called Red Hot and Dutch and you could yes, five minute preview, which is very kind of them. Put me through puberty. Actually shout out to Red Hot Dutch.
Speaker 5: I still going strong having teenage boys like me through that difficult time using the choke.
Speaker 7: It's not related to the earlier thing, using the joke on the car to get it going and then forgetting to push it back in and the engine running out too fast.
Speaker 5: Yes, so many did you I'd like to drive with the choke?
Speaker 17: Did you have to do that?
Speaker 3: Do the old handbrake? Step about all that stuff?
Speaker 7: Yeah, let's go to Los End. Kids these days, what would they have no idea about?
Speaker 5: Craig Good morning, Good morning Chris.
Speaker 15: You know, kids today, I'd have absolutely no idea what it's like waiting for the top forty all week to come on to record your favorite song on your little four track to set and then cursing the name of the DJ who talked through the start of a song.
Speaker 7: I used to have them, and when I was into the Beastie Boys and I used to have the local radio d Journey.
Speaker 5: He used to talk called over the last thirty seconds, which I routine.
Speaker 17: You do.
Speaker 5: Now, no one's got.
Speaker 4: Their you know, no, no one's trying to take that.
Speaker 5: One's got their td K ninety stick to me?
Speaker 7: What was it new from Jimmy Marnsam two hundred years ago, Ferris oxide recording technique. Craig, that's so true. The countdown, yeah, Casey Cassim, Yeah, Craig. Thank you very much, mate, No worries, but Linda, good morning. What would kids these days have no idea about?
Speaker 17: Kids these days would have no idea about dial up internet? So first off, one the sound.
Speaker 5: And metal stretching on metal yep.
Speaker 17: And no idea that you'd also have to wait for the Internet, that it's not instantaneous like it is now. And the fact that the phone line's taken up and only one person can use it at a time. So the whole scheduling conflict between your siblings, yourself, your parents, who's using the phone.
Speaker 7: Nighttimes, seven days a week were a real source of tension, weren't they about that phone.
Speaker 17: Line from about five o'clock to about six tven o'clock at night every night.
Speaker 7: I remember we were never allowed to call anyone to after six o'clock because it was cheaper.
Speaker 5: Well, well I put that phone now, just wait one minute and now you can call it up your mate Toby. Now, Belinda, thank you very much. You call might have a good day you too.
Speaker 17: Bye.
Speaker 5: Jewels. Good morning, Jules, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 9: Kids these days would have no idea about a only having a bath once a week and then having to get in after your two brothers have already been in there before you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean honestly, in the eighties, you guys won't believe there's a true But my dad would come home from work, he'd have a bath, and then that's I would get.
Speaker 5: In that same water.
Speaker 7: You remember that a kid, he did like a proper job as a trade yere. It was mean to be like great. You don't even think anything differently, Dan, You don't moan or anything. But I'm looking back now.
Speaker 5: If I had a bath and I went to the girls, listen, it's ready for you guys, they called some sort of services, Yeah, taken away.
Speaker 4: I remember it more like if someone had a bath, it was don't waste the bar.
Speaker 5: Like yeah, absolutely, Jules, that's a great one. Thank you very much. Let's get it Dan now, Good morning.
Speaker 16: Dan, Good morning kids. These days apparently don't know how to post the letter. What happened, Dan, We were heading out somewhere, my fifteen year old son and I I had a letter to post, and I said, all right, We're going to post this and then we'll head here.
Speaker 13: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 16: He's like, okay, And I pulled up next to the post box. I gave it to him and I said, quick, go, go go. And he walked over to it. The postboxes between him and the car and he's just standing there with the car coming up behind me. So I'm rushing and I said, mate, what are you doing? He was like, he held it up and was like, what do I do? And he said where? I said, at your neck height there is a slit that could beck an envelope. Put the envelope in the slit.
Speaker 5: Oh, Dan, I can see it now. What is this ancient evil technology? Is there a lot of in there?
Speaker 4: Do they don't have a phone? The person who's contact.
Speaker 5: Cobs.
Speaker 16: We're just not turning that.
Speaker 7: Well, Dan, very very funny observation. We're going to make you our instant call of the week. You've just won one thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Dam wow.
Speaker 16: I was not expecting that.
Speaker 5: Well, you did it brilliantly. We're all there.
Speaker 7: I could imagine my teenage daughters doing the same thing. Just stare at blank faced a very obvious thing.
Speaker 5: Dan.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you just won one thousand dollars. You're this week's call of the week. Thanks for makes yourself this morning, mate.
Speaker 16: That's amazing.
Speaker 7: Thank you all right, So thanks to Mercedes Benz Berrick Instant Call a week one thousand dollars. Their trading guarantee is so good there's nowhere else to trade in your vehicle.
Speaker 5: Check them out. Mercedes Benz Berrick quote undown.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 7: I wish I had better news, but I don't. People are calling from payphones. That day has come fourteen minutes past, say Christian O'Connell's show on Gold, So to give away today star prize in our goldethon every Time Team Australia, the games we bounced win Gold, You win prizes we're giving away today. First person to find a payphone and call this show from a payphone.
Speaker 10: I matter, payone trying a call Gold had to find coins to call their team a whole Christian pigs up so I can pick up a.
Speaker 6: Dishwasher or washing machine.
Speaker 5: Now, the first person who called us from a payphone was you Edwards. Hello, Hello Edward, You're the winner.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 12: I appreciated this is awesome.
Speaker 7: You listen to that crack of little old school payphone. Now, where about sim Albert?
Speaker 5: Are you on the payphone?
Speaker 12: So I'm currently on Bridge Road, just near the Royal Oak Hotel.
Speaker 5: Gotcha? And did you put over quickly and see the payphone?
Speaker 12: Well, I was just about to get out of my car head into the gym, and then I thought, oh, I wonder I there's any close to me. Shut it on Google and there's one about fifty meters away. So it just popped on over.
Speaker 7: Just hearing this paypos take me back to I feel like I need to come and pick you up.
Speaker 5: And I'm like your dad from Netle practice? Are been there in a minute? Edward?
Speaker 12: Thank you so much. I'll be cold out.
Speaker 5: Here, all right. So do you want who you're winning it for? Is it for you the washing machine or the dish washer.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna win it for my mum, I reckon. I think she deserves it so and probably help out a bit around the house. So I reckon, I'll probably have to take the washing machine. I think it has as a bit of crook.
Speaker 7: Excellent, all right, we love you doing that for your mum. Edward, Thank you very much. Freezing out there to do me today to be out in the cold in his shorts. But you're today's when you're on the Golden Thorne.
Speaker 5: Well done, thank you.
Speaker 12: Socks and sandals as well.
Speaker 5: But to the gym, wow, we's Australia, Jap. Why are you surprised? Goldathon cleaning up the gold medals with the e and s Ambosh.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 7: So perhaps he was getting a manicure. Recently saw someone unusual there.
Speaker 5: What was it, Pats?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so it was heaps of ladies in getting their monemies and peties and in walk through the door about four in the afternoon a trade a young guy covered looked like he was a plaster because he was just like covered in white dust from head to toe. Obviously just come off the work site and took off his big Mac boots you know that they wear the lace.
Speaker 3: Ups in the big thick explorer socks.
Speaker 8: And sits down for a pedicure on his toes.
Speaker 4: I thought it was great, it should be. I've been to one, never happened, and I love pedicure or a manicure pedicure. Loved it. But you do feel it's some of the people are trying to make you feel unwelcome. But like Pat said, everybody's head turns when a man walks in to get a pedicure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're you're you know that this is you're an outside something.
Speaker 4: So much so that every time Yanky goes back to the same spot, they ask about me as if I was like the only man who's ever been in there. You had a pedicure a year ago. It's really good.
Speaker 5: How long does it take you sit in that really comfortable sort of a.
Speaker 3: Client massage chair?
Speaker 4: They massage I reckon goes half hour to forty five minutes.
Speaker 5: You're not off or you chant a small tool. You're in.
Speaker 4: You're in the massage chair.
Speaker 5: The live those chairs.
Speaker 4: They scrub up to your calves. They give you a bit of a massage, and they clipped all the toenails, push the cuticles back, and then.
Speaker 3: Let you have a shave the feet. They shave your feet.
Speaker 5: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: They shave your feet with a special razor, get all the dead skin off. It's fat.
Speaker 5: It does sound very nice.
Speaker 4: I have to be honest, it's really relaxing. I would go back more if it was a more welcoming space.
Speaker 5: Maybe I don't think it's their problem. I've never been passed them and go no, man no.
Speaker 4: Everybody said it's more than other other people in there, turning their heads like get a load of this guy.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I love it when getting his name.
Speaker 5: You know what you go around these days.
Speaker 7: You see that there's trady beer, right, there's trading underwear. We need to set up our own nail bars for guys.
Speaker 5: Man hands. That would be huge.
Speaker 4: He would prot to make people know that it's safety, a manicure.
Speaker 5: Man hands. You know now they're like those barbers. You know they've got the beer there, you know now that touchy fee. Yeah, we haven't even got wool paper. It's bare brick wall.
Speaker 17: That's a girl.
Speaker 5: Manhands, right, there's bear bare wall and then the trades. If you want to paint it for me, mate, that'd be great. All those just be scaffold. We get up the front. That's part of it as well.
Speaker 4: Those barbers all have the same logo. It's a man's face with a giant beard and apparent man hands.
Speaker 5: I started Jack.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast on.
Speaker 5: The time Waste again today.
Speaker 7: Great prize thanks to del Mar deal Mar Tire offering you the chance to win an amazing trip to the home of Delmar, Sri Lanka. To enter, just pick up especially Mark Pack with the competition logo.
Speaker 5: I presume you have to buy it as well. Don't stamp yourself to it. Okay, doesn't say that.
Speaker 7: These image of people sort on the alarm going excuse me, well they go on the road just said I was just get one of these, and I'm just at the airport and I'm off a Sri Lanka to enter. Pick up especially Mark pack where they've competition logo, tease.
Speaker 5: And c supply.
Speaker 7: You win two hundred and fifty dollars in cash and for the best in the show today a three month supply of deal Marti for your office.
Speaker 5: All right, time wasted today on National Keep It Down Day. Come on, keep it down. We've got some loud talkers around us on this team, haven't we Yep, that's anything. Then come in and shout at us. And they're not shouting, by the way, they're whispering.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you've ever called the show, you've probably you've both.
Speaker 5: Been yelled at by one of them. I live with I won't like to share my house luckily with three ladies, but one of them is a.
Speaker 7: Particularly loud any who'sy not the time or place my business, isn't it?
Speaker 10: Huh?
Speaker 7: Don't forget ookay a special competition pack if you want to go shor anchor.
Speaker 5: All right, so time ways say we're looking for your Quiet.
Speaker 7: Movies Quiet a movie down, hard to Quiet and down a horror movie like it, Shut It Gold Rush Hour was a good movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love Rush oh husher.
Speaker 7: Gold Quiet, Jackie Chan very excitable, madam, what about Bridge over the River? Quiet? Go find us throw mama from the library, bron Yeah, right, is so lucky to get any medal for that, to be honest and dudehere's my tranquility.
Speaker 4: Silver.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's a respect to you, Jackie boy. What have you got? Quiet in a movie?
Speaker 4: Did you like Eyes Wide Shut?
Speaker 5: Loved it?
Speaker 4: Mouth Wide Shut?
Speaker 5: Very good? One of those rare occasions are good set up as well. Double golds just Fox, Mute the parents, Mute the comedy. Yeah we got it first off, Ron.
Speaker 7: Logan Martin for you my friend crashing out pulling off his little bicycle.
Speaker 4: Quiet Movies. Marley and Mime, that's another gold.
Speaker 5: Marley and Mime is very good.
Speaker 4: And remember The Titans is a great movie. Remember the type lips.
Speaker 7: All right, Texas in now over seven five nothing to hear him? Oh for seven Well we muted the comedy this on airplane Mate.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show Podcast.
Speaker 7: Time Way Today Western Show wins two hundred and fifty dollars in cash and you get three months of live dial Marti for your office.
Speaker 5: Today. We're looking for your quiet movies. Make a movie quiet her. You're a demark, Yes, a discrete card name Desire Gold.
Speaker 7: That's very clever, Billy James Bond Quantum of Silence Silver, Austin Powers Library member in set of Gold members. One of the best of the Y's Gold. That's very Laura, that is very good. The postman never rings silver. I still practice you that I've actually got photo this. We've got two tomorrow. Sometimes they just if you're not. Sometimes they just chuck it over a fence or a hedge. This thing's actually on top.
Speaker 5: Of the hedge. No, no, no, not anyone. Could anyone just happened sell minerals.
Speaker 4: I want that because I hate doing the trip to the post office. I actually put a post note on my door this week that said please. I know it says I have to sign, but please just drop it on the porch.
Speaker 5: And from the robbers across the roads.
Speaker 4: Right next to the post note, they tucked that little slip that said I have to go to the post office legally number there.
Speaker 7: Then they call you and then you can go. Just chuck over their hedge. Anyway, postings. By the way, did you know it's yesterday? Came in to use the gentleman's bathroom here some angry employees. Some angry employee had a post it note by the son of the men's urinal that said, please do not wipe your snots here? Oh, I know, I disgusted right anyway, I don't know whether there's someone.
Speaker 4: Who's wiping the who's doing that?
Speaker 3: Disgusting?
Speaker 5: Yeah, anyway, the sign's not there now. Someone wipe their bogi's on it. It fell off. I don't know why. Why is it gone? What's happened last twenty hours? Anyway? Where were we? Quiet movies?
Speaker 7: The Inaudibles, Silva, not the Equalizer, the Tranquilizer, Gold Talisa, The.
Speaker 5: Ring was a scary movie. What about the Whispering Kids?
Speaker 4: Silva?
Speaker 7: No, that's justin that's that's the gold my friend three men in a library broadens the quieter place, I mean the quiet place you know.
Speaker 5: He has, He's made it even quieter. Bronze Daniel, the sound of mutic.
Speaker 7: Gold, Evil Death, Silver Shushing the Stacy Bronze speachless in Seattle Gold, Missus, don't shout fire Gold well only pushing Mutel.
Speaker 5: These are really good today All.
Speaker 7: Star one that's from Anthony with an Angel, silence of the Bosh dishwasher.
Speaker 5: They are with quiet. The devil wears hearing Aids. What you said?
Speaker 4: Silver?
Speaker 5: How to train the dragon to shut up? Santa?
Speaker 7: Does you just push shut up at the end of it and shimungy Gold Daniel? All right, who is winning the two hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 5: In cash and the del Martin.
Speaker 4: You can go to Anthony for pussing Mute, Yeah, pushing mute.
Speaker 2: Scrape Christian Show podcast, all.
Speaker 7: Right on a roll this week Team Australia smashing gold, Silver's bronzes. But it's all about gold for us and the gold of Thorn because every time Team Australia win gold at the Games in Paris, you.
Speaker 5: Win big prizes.
Speaker 7: Thanks to Ian s and Bosh Jess Fox has delivered two gold medals. Now as we look ahead to what can happen next twenty four hours in Paris, our correspondent right here in the heat of the action in Richmond is Rio.
Speaker 6: Today, I have a lot.
Speaker 7: By the way, yesterday you went big. You promised us this time yesday, five gold medals.
Speaker 6: Yes, you were right.
Speaker 4: I think you predicted every gold medal Australian won before yesterday, and then you went crazy.
Speaker 5: Yes yeah.
Speaker 7: All the gold Rush got yesterday was wheels off Wednesdays. Okay, let's get back on that gold band wagon today.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, So I'll temper my expectations a bit today. I've got a wild card cought for you for the first time.
Speaker 17: Ok.
Speaker 6: Gray Morris in the wind surfing twenty years old?
Speaker 4: Did you even know it's the sport?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 6: He's this ousie guy from Sydney. He's huge, so most of these windsurfers are quite slight. His one hundred ninety three centimeters one hundred and one.
Speaker 7: Hundred ninety three kidos bloody hell, big old board he's on. He's a big just blown off course some bonbo.
Speaker 6: So the competition goes all week.
Speaker 18: The first day they're on that week, they go, he's got fishing out there. He had a terrible first day and the cost going to get behind.
Speaker 6: Then the interviewers asked him, al, so, what are you going to do to you know, rectify this for the next day, and he goes, well, I just got to stop being a bloody idiot.
Speaker 7: So and he had great, let's get behind him. So when is the windsurfing early hours of the morning?
Speaker 6: I think so, yeah, later tonight. And he's in top position now, he's gone from thirteen to the top, so he just needs to hold on. We haven't had anyone in the windsurfing for twenty years.
Speaker 5: I don't know it's been around that long.
Speaker 4: What is it a race or is it doing tricks like a surfer? So, no, it's no tricks, which would I thought a few barrels or something.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: There's no tricks. They do about four races each day and whoever has the most points at the end wins.
Speaker 5: And what they're doing racing down that pointfest to say, no.
Speaker 6: They're out in an ocean.
Speaker 4: I'm actually not sure.
Speaker 19: What's the name that His name is Gray Morris, Gray Morris, And there's also the women's four by two hundred freestyle, which we don't even almost don't even bother turning.
Speaker 7: This foregone conclusion, Nom knocking fed off his little bicycle.
Speaker 4: Mollo o'callahand favorite, Yeah, put the mortgage on it.
Speaker 6: There's no way in the world that we could possibly lose this race, would you say this, man, There's no world where we lose.
Speaker 4: Well, so another relay medal in the women's four by two hundred, yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So okay, make the big prediction and how many golds are coming the next twenty four hours in Paris two.
Speaker 6: I'm backing in Gray. He's going to get it done.
Speaker 7: Also, great stuff, all right, Huggy's on the way. We'll see tomorrow. Go Team Australia.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.