Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Danian Brunswick, Christian Dunnavan is too late?
Speaker 3: Have you named the beer? Yeap just turned on the show.
Speaker 2: Bear should be called Hidden Hero for all the everyday people like Steve being heroes. That's a great name. Now, Danny, the deadline is by the end of today's show, we have to have all of us agreed on a name. We did at the end of yesterday's show. Whittle down your hundreds and it is seriously hundreds of ideas of what we should call this Bushfire Beer. If you just tuned in or you're coming back to the show after a break, we want to do our little thing for bushfire relief and we decided that we're going to launch our own beer. We weren't doing this if it hadn't been for last week. I had the idea and then we spoke to independent brewery here in Melbourne called Hawkers, who have been absolutely incredible. Jack went actually out there to day. They're brewery is actually near where where you live, and you bumped in to see Marsin the guy who was responded to our call for a brewer that we could partner rut with to try and make this bushfire relief.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they're just as enthusiastical as we are about making it, and they're doing it for the right reasons as well, Like so many people in Victoria and around the country, they just want to help in any way they can. And they've got a brewery set up and they're really excited to start ruining this beer with us.
Speaker 2: Yes, so next Wednesday, next Wednesday they can start making it. It's going to be a larger We need a name for it. Is that it's the quickest thing we need right now. And then in the middle of February, you're better bart. We'll give you plenty of details about that. You bet a by Dan Murphy in cans and b wus as well. And also it's going to be going to kegs in pubs too. But right now we really need the name. So I'll take you through the top seven in a minute. Before that, some of the names that came in yesterday. See if we want to add any to these. How about Radio Lager as in the Queens song Radio Gaga. So I guess it would kind of be like Radio Lager. I like that thing is it's pretty good.
Speaker 3: The jingles good again.
Speaker 4: It doesn't really blend itself anything to do with the relief part of the beer, but generating.
Speaker 3: A lot of the future beers. We're going to not charm me.
Speaker 2: Basically, we're moving into the alcohol area at last.
Speaker 3: But that's not the beer right now, but soon it will be. What about this one?
Speaker 2: A lot of you have called up the radio station after a show which I'm really moved by, to try and do your bit to help us with this bushfire relief beer. And Cheryl called up yesterday with this idea. She called, Maria, are asmptuous with this one? Put out the fire. I don't really think that is a tasteful or what you want to be shouting in a pub put out the fire with what's going on right now.
Speaker 3: But Cheryl, thank you very much. He call got something Christian.
Speaker 2: Debbie here for Lower plenty, Hi Debbie and Lower she's there.
Speaker 3: She likes to name.
Speaker 2: Golden Hero because this the name of the radio station. She thinks everyone whose heroes have been getting involved. She has also asked her local Ida Express yesterday can they find out about.
Speaker 3: Stocking it as well? Debbie, thank you very much for that. Christian.
Speaker 2: I think the name of the beer should be called bloody Lengends, Josie.
Speaker 3: I think that's a typo. Do you mean legends?
Speaker 2: I know what a lengend is here, I'm still learning about some of the words you say, bloody lengans say after you've had a couple of bloody legends. This guy's gone crazy. No, sorry, Judy, Sorry, Judy. Christ and I start brainstorm in the office yesterday. Southern Blaze, Southern Gold, Southern Blue Blaze, Biter Blaze, Brew Blaze, Oh, Southern Blue, Blazing, Beauty, Southern Gold, Kanga Blue, Flaming Blaze, Flaming Brew, Flaming Us, Flaming Bitter. Hope you like them, Thank you very much, Judy for all of them. They're superb Christian, I love this idea. I'm an Sees volunteer and I am my voter. Is for something called cheers, mate, beer, raizor glass to all the farmers volunteers you've been speaking to and bushfire. Here is all coming together to help each other out, even pomics like you.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Evon.
Speaker 2: All right, Jack, take us through the top seven that we announced yesterday.
Speaker 3: Then what have we got.
Speaker 4: Is lager, heroes, brew and heroes Gold, Fiery's Frothies, Pot of Gold, thank You Lager, and Koala Beer.
Speaker 2: All right, just based on our friends on Facebook over and our Facebook home there OC one O four three, what have they been saying in the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 4: So we've had a huge response online, actually a very broad response. Of any of those seven been people's favorite, the two that probably stand out the most are Heroes Gold and Koala.
Speaker 3: Beer on the Facebook and Twitter comments.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take some calls right now. You're our focus group as always. What do you think I think hero heroes in the in the in the on the can would be great.
Speaker 4: Love the idea of working into walking into bargo, I'll have a hero Yeah.
Speaker 2: And what we said that the idea of this week come with me. It's like raising a glass to all those heroes and the acts of raising that glass of a thank you and gratitude. Also raising some money for charity as well is a win win. Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast, it's time now for us to name what we're gonna call our Bushfire Relief Beer. When we came back Monday, we said, how Jack and I were so pressed two weeks ago we came back in and we did a little show amongst all all the bushfires and all the stories of people just doing whatever they could to go and help out, to volunteer, to dig in, to do something small, something big, to help out. And we then thought we need to do something on the show. We've got this microphone, we've got this station. What can we do? And whilst we're off, I thought maybe a beer. See how much we all love beer. Australians love a beer at the end of the week, maybe just by raising a beer, we can raise some money for the bushfire relief here in Victoria. And that is what we're doing. And so we're about to name the beer. There have been hundreds and hundreds of phone calls, emails, texts of a wide variety in quality of what we should called a beer. Some of them you what you think is the sexual to shout out in the bar is quite frankly staggering. But anyway, bless you, thank you very much for getting behind this. As always I said Monday, it's a thing we're going to be doing together, and the first thing is the name. There's any other things we need to do to try and get this out there and get this as sould to be available in the middle of February and it goes into production in a week's time and that is thanks to this Guy's on the line now, Marsin from Hawker's Brewery.
Speaker 3: Marsin, Hi Kerson, So listen once more.
Speaker 2: Thank you very very much for responding to our cool last week, our sos. Could we find a brewery that could turn it around quickly and be up for this, and you guys have leapt up to it. And you've also contented to Dan Murphy b W West and you've got them to stock it as well, which is amazing.
Speaker 1: Thank you for coming up with the idea.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's all right. And Jack dropped in to see the other day.
Speaker 1: Absolutely absolutely, and he was just in the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: I'd be suspicious that Jack is never just in the neighborhood.
Speaker 3: He's always after something.
Speaker 4: I was coincidence driving past. It's a great brewery, Manson. Thanks for taking me and showing me around.
Speaker 1: My pleasure at anytime.
Speaker 3: Now, Okay, we have a name.
Speaker 1: That is so exciting. What is it?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: It's gonna I just want you to just don't even tell me what you think. Just let it in breathe it in for a couple of seconds. I've given you a name yet, all right, and then I need you to imagine it in the pub, okay, where people go and ask for this and what this is all about. Raising a glass of gratitude and thank you to all the amazing people who are doing their bits and have already done their bit as well. Those people are everyday heroes. And our beer is going to be called Heroes Gold.
Speaker 1: That is awesome. That is such a great name, and it's you're absolutely right, raising a glass to the heroes, absolutely right, all the unsung people who have done amazing things to help others.
Speaker 3: Quick ah, bless you didn't he need to breathe it in.
Speaker 4: You got it and we agree and if it just feels right to us. It's simple, like we had a lot of clever names as well, but heroes. Something about heroes. It's just so simple. A glass of heroes, a can of heroes, and you're doing your part.
Speaker 3: And you're toasting the heroes.
Speaker 2: And that's what everybody is who's doing their bit, whether it's Peers and all his thousands of tradees that are doing their bit. Steve, we spoke to a half seven this morning, who's going out with his mates trying to find if they can build this weekend by hand. They're going to try and put together a kilometer of fencing when acres of it are needed. But that's their contribution, that's their bit, that's them saying I'm going to do this.
Speaker 3: Those people are everyday heroes.
Speaker 2: They're unsung heroes that don't go about crowing about it, but they deserve to be thanked when we raise that glass, raise a beer at the weekend on a Friday. I think there's something quite something right about that, decent about it.
Speaker 4: And of course it's a nod to the fieries and the volunteer firefighters and the firefighters who have been working so hard all over the summer period, away from their families, away from Christmas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, heroes Gold, you happy with that.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. All we have to do now is get throwing on Wednesday next Wednesday in a week and we can't wait to get it out. We've had a lot of interest from a lot of people. We also got a whole bunch of phone calls from pubs wanting to carry the beer. We got a bunch of names on our website and we tried to push them back to you guys. So I'm really really pleased and stalked with the name. It's amazing how many people have come back with such positivity and responded so positively. Hopefully we'll be able to do a little bit towards making this less painful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, that's what I was just trying to do a little bit. So do you need some help down at the factory next Wednesday? Because Jack and Pats I'm happy to send them down. I've got some admin here now. Jack and I going to come down next Wednesday because can we come along and help production.
Speaker 1: We are always open for additional labor every little.
Speaker 3: He took one look at Jack and just additional labors here. We're not hiring at the moment. Whenever you want, please don't see anything.
Speaker 2: We will proudly be your additional labor to start production next Wednesday. We're definitely going to come down. And I can't thank you enough for doing this. Seriously, You've worked so hard already, and the enthusiasm last week when we called you out the blue saying we're doing this is your time, it's your factories, your business, you know, it's a great thing for us to do, but actually this is your business at the end of the day. So thanks so much and the rest of your team at Hawkers as well for being so up for doing this. It just sums up everything that's going on at the moment and all the good that we're all seeing about such a desperate situation.
Speaker 3: So good on you and your team Hawkers.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you so much. This is the place where we live and this is the place we call home, and we all have to get together and do something positive whenever any info us our need, and so thank you for coming up with this idea. It just gave us a way to do our little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're doing it not honestly, it's great. Well listen, we will see you next Wednesday. We now, obviously I guess you need from us. We need to come up with a a great design to suit the great name Heroes Gold, which is kind of like so many people have been suggesting Heroes this, or Heroes drop or various things around it. Hero's Gold is made up really of what most people have been saying. So we need a great design for that. So we'll get you to get you as soon as possible. For now, we just want to let you know and get your thoughts on it as well, because you're the experts in this are making great beer perfect all right, we'll see you next Wednesday. The Casual Labe'll be turning up. See you all right, Danks arms in from Hawks.
Speaker 1: Thanks everyone.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast