Speaker 1: Here in the vast plains of Adelaide, South Australia, two young males engage in an ancient ritual known as a podcast. Its purpose, to attract mates. And by mates, we mean listeners. They're both married, so please don't slide into their DMs. Their names are Ben and Liam.
Speaker 2: G'day there, podcaster.
Speaker 3: Hello and welcome to our podcast. It is Supreme Leader's Ben and Liam here, beaming out a message to the good people of the People's Republic.
Speaker 2: Are we locking you in, People's Republic?
Speaker 3: Well, I thought we said yesterday it wasn't a republic because we're saying it's not really a republic. But then, did you make a republic? I've just seen it. It says the People's Republic of Ben and Liam is the name of the.
Speaker 2: If you bring in Belle, we can bring her in. Come in, Belle.
Speaker 4: Gong in.
Speaker 2: Gong in.
Speaker 3: Because I think yesterday we were saying, because, yeah, a lot of context in yesterday's podcast episode. We were saying mass reform. Yep. We're saying it's going to be run as a dictatorship. And I thought we agreed that it wouldn't be a republic.
Speaker 5: Are you effing serious?
Speaker 3: Did we? Am I crazy?
Speaker 2: I don't remember that at all.
Speaker 5: You literally went on for about 20 minutes about how it's a republic and you wanted it to be named.
Speaker 3: But it's not a republic because a dictator is not.
Speaker 5: No, but you said, you said.
Speaker 3: Is that what I said?
Speaker 5: Oh, well, we're calling it a republic, but it's like those countries that say they're a republic, but.
Speaker 2: They're not really.
Speaker 3: That's what we said.
Speaker 2: So we want people to think we're a republic.
Speaker 5: And then we went through for about 10 minutes about renaming the pod squad to the People's Republic of Ben and Liam's.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: To which I showed you that I'd done it, and you said yes.
Speaker 3: No, no, cool. I just forgot what we named the nation.
Speaker 2: I forgot what we named the nation. No, we give the illusion and the outward image that we are a republic, but in reality, when you come inside the borders, it's a dictatorship.
Speaker 3: Yes, very strict. Yeah, okay, now I get you, because that's the thing. The Republic of Ireland is a republic. The Democratic Republic of Congo, I'm pretty sure, is. I'm not really... I'm not really.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Don't ask me about that.
Speaker 3: I'm not around the ins and outs of how Congo runs.
Speaker 2: Basically, just to get you up to speed, if you've just listened from this episode... Wait, is.
Speaker 5: This the front end or back end?
Speaker 6: This is the.
Speaker 3: Back?
Speaker 2: I forget. This is the front.
Speaker 3: This is the front.
Speaker 5: This is the front.
Speaker 3: Can we.
Speaker 2: Well, we jump into the podcast.
Speaker 4: No, no.
Speaker 3: I just think there's a couple of little things I need to mention before we go in. Just a little context.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay. So do you want me to pause.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying?
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: Maybe. As long as I get to say something before we jump.
Speaker 2: Into the podcast. Okay, so all I was trying to do was context that we were saying mass podcast reform. We wanted your opinions because we do this for you. We said then jump on to the People's Republic of Benelam, formerly the PodSquad, and we had a robust discussion there. We then essentially ignored what everyone said, and we just decided we were going to do it how we wanted to do it. which has brought on some pretty funny memes that I wouldn't mind reading out.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: But we can do that on the back end.
Speaker 3: What I was just going to say is, you know how I said, no more 16 quiz, no more this, no more that. 16 quiz will be in today, but producer Belle will be singing a cappella instead of the Jaquan song being played.
Speaker 5: Which I haven't voiced yet.
Speaker 3: Did you want me to do that here? No, just do that in the booth after, I think. What I will say is, pop quiz normally won't be in. Today's was kind of funny. So we've put that in.
Speaker 2: Supreme leader knows what's best.
Speaker 3: Supreme leader knows what's best. Royal show tickets, normally wouldn't put that in. Today was kind of funny, so I put that in. And I don't want to hear anyone saying, you're saying mass reform is just the same thing as usual. That's not what's happening.
Speaker 2: What did we cut out? There was some stuff we cut out.
Speaker 3: We got rid of dodgy side hustles. We got rid of secret stain. We tightened up the wardrobe thing, so it's sort of like the setup. And then the last caller instead of the callers before. Just to tighten things up a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the dictator made those people vanish.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep.
Speaker 3: Yep, by dog. Via dog. Yeah, if you call up.
Speaker 5: The show and then you go, I want to listen to my call, I will listen.
Speaker 3: To the podcast and you're not in it. You won't always make it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the dictator has taken you out.
Speaker 3: There was lots of stuff as well. We were talking about Ben Stokes and stuff for a little bit and just a few of the local bits and bobs, which I just sort of nuked because I was like, whatever, that's just radio show stuff. Anyway, enjoy. Hopefully it's an enjoyable podcast. On the back end of this, there will be a lot of schlop, much to discuss, of course.
Speaker 5: So just, again, with a 610 quiz, you will hear my voice come.
Speaker 3: In instead of the music. Normally, for on-air, it was music.
Speaker 5: Yeah. On the show, on-air, it was the Tipsy song. But for this, without music, it will be me.
Speaker 2: And from now on, if we deem it worthy to go in, it will just be that.
Speaker 3: The only bit of music that is still in this is the Shoeshed commercial.
Speaker 2: But that's not music, right? That's fine.
Speaker 3: Hang on, there's ads in the freaking podcast. So how about.
Speaker 5: I think it's fine.
Speaker 3: I think it's fine.
Speaker 2: I think it's fine.
Speaker 5: This is where it gets.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man.
Speaker 5: It's like saying the Mario music. Is that in it?
Speaker 2: Enjoy. I don't know.
Speaker 6: It's not.
Speaker 2: I'm new to that.
Speaker 3: Oh, no, it actually is in it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so this is a whole thing.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 3: You'll be fed to the dogs if you question again. Down, boy, down, down, down. I'll call them off for you. Anyway, enjoy the podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning Adelaide! Uh oh!
Speaker 3: Dad's big night out! Ben Harvey, are you a little bit worse for wear this morning after the Port Adelaide Best and Fairest which Jason Horne-Francis took out last night?
Speaker 2: Well look, when I had left, Zach Butters was well in the lead of the Best and Fairest.
Speaker 3: Were you left before it finished?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it finished at 11.30pm.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought you'd stay till the end.
Speaker 2: You know me. I was out of there after dessert was served.
Speaker 3: Yep, very.
Speaker 2: Which was a tight 9.30.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 3: So, Ollie Wines was your chaperone.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 3: He was looking after you. I arranged that because you were initially too scared to go to the BNF because you are a port ambassador.
Speaker 2: Well, Liam, also, of course, Ollie Wines, you know, he had a few duties on the night. Also, it's kind of a night for him to celebrate. She's got a new contract.
Speaker 3: Of course, yeah.
Speaker 2: We also brought along Producer Belle, kind of like a shadow chaperone.
Speaker 3: She was the second chaperone, yeah. I wanted two safety nets there for Ben at all times.
Speaker 2: She had a good night, though. So she had double entree.
Speaker 3: Producer Belle, is that right? Did you have double entree?
Speaker 5: Well, mine was taking a while to come out, and Ben didn't want the rest of his, so I said, can I have yours?
Speaker 3: Greedy, greedy, greedy.
Speaker 2: Sitting next to greedy guts over here.
Speaker 3: Sitting next to greedy.
Speaker 2: Double entree.
Speaker 3: Double entree.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But then it was really embarrassing because I was eating Ben's and as I was eating his, mine came out. So then the lady was like, uh, and here's yours. And I was like, oh, sorry. And then I had to juggle the plates.
Speaker 3: Connor Rosey goes up for a speech. You're just eating little bits of pastry off his plate.
Speaker 2: You should have seen her, Liam. You would have been disgusted if you were there last night.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: On our table, table 13, we were sitting next to the lovely Rosanna Mangerelli. Oh, yes, table 7. And she brought her young son, and they were off mingling when the mains came out.
Speaker 3: Don't tell me she swapped with Rosanna.
Speaker 6: She told me.
Speaker 2: Are you cheating me? Because I got the chicken, and Rosanna's son got the steak, which I wanted the steak. And Belle said, just swap it. He'll never know.
Speaker 3: You swapped Rosanna Mangerelli's.
Speaker 5: I said to Ben, look, the kid's not here. If you want to swap, take the steak.
Speaker 2: And then I said, I would not be caught dead doing that. I would never do that. And she said, just take a potato.
Speaker 3: Wow. Well, lots to unpack throughout this evening from Port Adelaide's Night of Nights.
Speaker 2: Hey, if you win the 610 quiz this morning, walking away with a couple of tickets to go see Brian Adams coming to Australia with tour dates across February and March with his Roll With The Punches tour. All tickets are on sale now. Head up frontiertouring.com.au or just. com for details. Let's play.
Speaker 3: Justine in Brooklyn Park, good morning. You've never played and you've never heard this before. Is that right?
Speaker 9: That's correct. I'm usually up a bit later than this time. We're on a road trip to Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Oh, what are you off to Melbourne for?
Speaker 9: To pick up my daughter's dog who's gone overseas and to bring him back and look after it for two weeks.
Speaker 3: Oh, man.
Speaker 2: So whereabouts are you in the journey? Are you just like leaving?
Speaker 9: We're literally about half an hour from Keats.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love Keith.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Maybe we'll stop at Henry and Rose. There's a little cafe there.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'd swerve that. Go to the servo and get some Kentucky Fried Keith.
Speaker 9: Oh, yeah. I'm always down for that.
Speaker 3: You've never had KFK? I'm always down for that.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's good stuff.
Speaker 3: You do run the gauntlet if it's been in the Baymarie a little too long. It's a long drive. Not many toilets along the way, but good luck. I always enjoy it. Jason Horn Francis won Port Adelaide's Best and Fairest Award last night. Can you please name another famous Jason?
Speaker 9: Jason Bateman?
Speaker 3: Jason Bateman?
Speaker 2: Good one.
Speaker 3: I would have said Statham.
Speaker 2: I would have said Momoa.
Speaker 3: All good, Jason. It's actually a very strong name, isn't it?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hey, a Henley Beach couple have vowed to pay off their children's mortgages after they won $ 1 million in the lottery.
Speaker 6: Legends.
Speaker 3: If they have five kids... How much would each kid get if they split the one mil?
Speaker 2: So one mil divided by five.
Speaker 9: Yeah, $ 200, 000.
Speaker 3: Yep. Happy 30th birthday to Zendaya. Who is she married to?
Speaker 9: It's the Spider-Man guy.
Speaker 7: What's his name?
Speaker 2: I'm tempted to accept Spider-Man guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know who he is.
Speaker 9: It's the Spider-Man man. I just can't think of his name.
Speaker 2: Tom.
Speaker 9: Tom.
Speaker 3: It's a country.
Speaker 2: Starts with an H.
Speaker 9: It's not Honduras.
Speaker 3: It's not Honduras.
Speaker 2: Ends in land.
Speaker 9: I was only talking about him the other week.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Tom.
Speaker 3: Dutch people are from?
Speaker 2: Holland.
Speaker 9: Tom Holland.
Speaker 3: Bloody right off your dome. No help at all. Nailed it, Justine.
Speaker 2: Well done.
Speaker 3: A Channel 7 AFL journo, Mitch Cleary, who's been reporting on this Swan scandal and the Lockie Neal stuff, has been caught out cheating himself on his pregnant fiancée. Can you please spell irony?
Speaker 7: I-R-O-N-Y. Yeah, girl.
Speaker 3: Millennials have officially been named the drunkest generation because of their drinking habits. I suppose we're millennials, right?
Speaker 8: Are we?
Speaker 3: I think we're... 93? I don't know, I'm so drunk I can't remember. Can you finish these lyrics?
Speaker 10: Now everybody in the club getting tipsy.
Speaker 9: We're at the club getting drunk.
Speaker 2: No!
Speaker 9: You can tell I've got a millennial.
Speaker 3: That's all right, Justine.
Speaker 2: We're at the club getting drunk.
Speaker 3: We're at the club having drinks, responsibly.
Speaker 2: Oh, Justine.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Justine. Really enjoyed your call. Hopefully, maybe on your drive back tomorrow, you can call through again.
Speaker 2: Carmen.
Speaker 3: Look, the answer is right there. You just almost need to quieten things down. So let's see if you can finish the lyrics.
Speaker 10: Now everybody in the club getting tipsy.
Speaker 1: Tipsy?
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 2: No, that's not right.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 2: We need this one to be right.
Speaker 3: It has to be right.
Speaker 2: It's got to hit in just the right way.
Speaker 3: It simply has to be right. Simon.
Speaker 2: Finish these lyrics, mate.
Speaker 10: Now everybody in the club getting tipsy.
Speaker 7: Everybody in the club getting tipsy.
Speaker 2: Well done, Simon. You're heading along to go see Brian Adams.
Speaker 7: Brilliant. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh, you sound ecstatic about it.
Speaker 3: You sound more like a Jaquan fan, but he's not coming. He's not coming. I know it is a great, great song, but I don't think he's performing.
Speaker 2: Let's get up Jaquan's tour dates.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's have a look. Jaquan tour. Jaquan.
Speaker 2: And I simply won't play the traffic until I know.
Speaker 3: Well, don't. Yeah, Jaquan, he's doing a show at a casino with Chingy and Young Jock in August. So there you go. And also playing the Milwaukee Taco and Tequila Festival in May next year.
Speaker 2: But no Australian dates.
Speaker 3: No Australian dates. But if you can get yourself over to Milwaukee for the Taco Festival, you can see Jaquan.
Speaker 2: Actually, the most recent time Jaquan was in Australia- was March last year. He came on the Nelly Tour.
Speaker 3: Bloody hell.
Speaker 2: Bloody hell.
Speaker 3: What were we doing, hey?
Speaker 2: Remember the name, Kiss1023. You are here with Ben and Liam. Remember the name the next time the ratings come out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because, look, we don't talk about ratings on this show ever, really. But that's the way radio works. As a show, you get ratings. Now, I won't bore you with all the details, but basically... There's kind of, there's six main players in the Adelaide radio landscape. And now this is obviously a new show this year and a whole new station brand. Now, Liam, the ratings came out yesterday. We were fourth.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 2: And we've dropped to fifth. So we're not bottom. We're certainly not top.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: A bit of work to do. And our first one went up. Second one was flat. The one yesterday went down and there was about eight articles saying that we've basically ruined radio and there's egg on our face and how embarrassing. And as we've learnt this week, when I did a nice interview with the paper and they span it like I was having an affair, essentially, they will find a story in anything.
Speaker 2: So the advertiser has gone for star recruits, Ben and Liam, that's us, Fail to fire as Kiss ratings plunge continues.
Speaker 3: Plunge.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 3: Plunge is a big word.
Speaker 2: Now, I can handle the headlines. That's fine.
Speaker 3: You know, you get it.
Speaker 2: We got a job, mate. We get on with it.
Speaker 8: Whatever.
Speaker 2: But one thing I do enjoy, I can't help myself, but I love to go on to the advertiser Facebook comments.
Speaker 3: Mm-hmm. You get a good cross-section there. You certainly do. You get a good idea.
Speaker 2: It's quite a place.
Speaker 3: What are the people saying?
Speaker 2: What are the people really saying?
Speaker 3: I tend to keep away from that sort of stuff, but I know you're into it, so I feel like you'll give me top line.
Speaker 2: Just a little bit of history for you. Liam and I used to be on Triple J, the national broadcaster for the youth of Australia, and I think... I honed my thickened skin over those three years.
Speaker 3: We were abused so hard for nine months that I had a mental breakdown on national radio. You can look it up. I poured my heart out. I ended up on the project because I was devastated. I was depressed for months on end. And since then, we do have thick connections.
Speaker 1: Skin.
Speaker 2: Very thick.
Speaker 3: You could shoot a bullet into me and it would bounce off.
Speaker 2: So these are some very real comments on the advertiser Facebook post.
Speaker 3: This will be worn off a duck's back.
Speaker 2: Graham said, oh, breakfast radio sucks anyway. I don't care about your lives or what you do. Just play music. Okay, well. Get Spotify, Graham.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can subscribe, mate. $ 12. 99.
Speaker 2: Norton did a classic, people still listen to rodeo.
Speaker 3: That's good, Norton.
Speaker 2: David said, no surprises here. That's why I listen to Jodie and Soda on Nova.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, Jodie and Soda aren't on Nova. Soda's not on the radio anymore. But look, it's good that he's got his finger on the pulse. So we'll trust that, guys.
Speaker 2: This was a nice one, I thought. Pam said, I listen to their show, but only for the news.
Speaker 3: That's good, Maz. That's good. You're doing something right. Thanks, Pam.
Speaker 2: Classic one from Michael White said, Timu Hamish and Andy with an eye roll emerging.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed this one from Franz Chong said, thank God I recently got a car with a CD player installed.
Speaker 3: Franz Chong, you can put your so fresh hits on. You don't have to bloody listen to Ben and Liam on Kiss in the morning. I love how we're full naming these people as well. Like, someone might be going to work like, I work for France, John.
Speaker 2: And then there's another... I didn't realize when you... So, obviously, Facebook, they post the article and people comment on that. But if you click on the article and you go to the advertiser's actual website... That's a.
Speaker 3: Special kind of person.
Speaker 2: People leave comments on the actual website. So, that's what these ones are. So, this person called themselves Blue Dog. And Blue Dog said... I said this would happen right from the start. And yet the radio bosses continue to bring stuff from the eastern states and have no resemblance or reason to SA's culture. Comedians from overseas?
Speaker 3: No thanks.
Speaker 1: So, yes.
Speaker 3: Ben and I actually pretend to be from Gawler and Golden Grove. We're actually German. So a lot of people don't know that. We're actually German comedians. We are German. And we have had many vocal lessons, but we've taken ones that actors take to try and nail down the dialect. Yep. But obviously people are seeing through the charade.
Speaker 2: I think they're starting to see through it.
Speaker 3: They're starting to realise that we're not actually from Adelaide and broadcasting from Tin Street right now.
Speaker 2: Last couple from me. Craig, I thought, summed it up pretty good. Would rather stick knitting needles in my ears than listen to any commercial radio. Two minutes of inane, unfunny and loud chatter. followed by a three-minute song and then six minutes of ads. You kind of hit the nail on the head there, mate.
Speaker 3: But if you give us your address, that can be arranged.
Speaker 2: Last one from Bob D. I don't know what Bob D thought the article was about, but he said, the woke ABC should have zero funding. Sell it off to Sky News and allow some proper entertainment. They'd get a 50% to 60% ratings boost, at least from real patriots. Pauline can make it happen. Thank you for your attention on this matter.
Speaker 3: Cheers, Bob. All right, well, we'll take your feedback on board, pal. We'll see if we can work some of that stuff into the program.
Speaker 2: Good on you, Bob D. Hey, Maz, in the newsroom, I don't know what it is, but I'm hearing you saw something this morning coming into work.
Speaker 4: Oh, and it really shocked me. I almost, like, ran off the road. I was driving up just past Wellington Square, actually driving past your house, Liam, and.
Speaker 3: Thanks for doxing me.
Speaker 5: Sorry.
Speaker 4: On the side of the.
Speaker 5: Road there, like, what's going on out the front of your house? Have you just, like.
Speaker 4: There's, like, rubbish everywhere.
Speaker 3: Moving out.
Speaker 4: Like, it looks like you've smashed up, like, a bookcase or just dumped it on the side of the road.
Speaker 3: It's hard rubbish. Hard rubbish.
Speaker 1: I've got it booked for today.
Speaker 4: You know that it's only, like, two square metres or whatever?
Speaker 2: I was going to say, it's got to be two neat cubic metres.
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 3: Yeah, two cubic metres.
Speaker 5: It has to be neat.
Speaker 4: Ben's right. Like, you have to stack that stuff.
Speaker 11: In a square.
Speaker 3: It has to be two cubic metres.
Speaker 2: If it's not neat, they won't take it.
Speaker 1: Bro. What are you doing?
Speaker 3: I literally took that cupboard out at 3.50 this morning.
Speaker 1: No, you did not.
Speaker 3: I did. I was dragging it out. Are you kidding me? Are you guys doing a bit?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: No, no, no. I thought it was just free. I haven't even used it.
Speaker 5: I just checked the Adelaide City Council.
Speaker 3: Don't you get like one a year?
Speaker 2: Did you put the sticker on it?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: Will you get a sticker?
Speaker 5: Oh, that's going to be left there.
Speaker 1: They won't take it.
Speaker 3: What do you mean, dude? What's the sticker?
Speaker 2: I don't even know what the sticker is. They send you a sticker. It's like a big orange or red sticker, and you have to stick it on to say that this is my hard rubbish. Oh, my God, Liam.
Speaker 1: But I booked it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You're going to put the sticker on it?
Speaker 3: I didn't get the sticker.
Speaker 4: And was there another green bin with soil left out the front as well?
Speaker 8: Yes, there was a.
Speaker 5: Little bit of soil.
Speaker 3: What is that? What do you pay the council fees for? Pick up. the cupboards. Literally, what do you pay them for? Two cubic metres. I don't even know what two cubic metres is.
Speaker 9: Oh, God.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I'm going to have to go sort that. Can you fill in for a bit?
Speaker 2: If you need some help, I can help you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, well, when are they going to... It's like between six and nine or something. So I'm like, I'm running the gauntlet.
Speaker 5: And is it today?
Speaker 4: It's today.
Speaker 1: Today's the day.
Speaker 3: I'm moving out tomorrow and they need to pick this stuff up.
Speaker 2: Oh, what a stress.
Speaker 3: What a massive stress. I've noticed myself getting older this year. And I know, look, I'm well aware. Yeah, I do have a few grey hairs actually. But look, I have just turned 30. But I've definitely noticed some changes in myself. Maybe, if that makes sense. Yeah. One of them being I'm sort of on dad YouTube now. Like the videos I'm watching, like I watch, I like watching YouTube videos for like lots of concerts I've been to and music videos and whatever. But I've started just on this algorithm, which is mainly about city planning structures. Like I watched this one the other night.
Speaker 2: Banger.
Speaker 3: Why Adelaide is the opposite of every Australian city.
Speaker 12: Adelaide looks like every other Australian city. It has a CBD, beaches, suburbs and a sports stadium. At first glance, it seems like the quieter, smaller cousin of Sydney and Melbourne.
Speaker 3: A 40-minute video. The city people fly over on their way somewhere else. The water table and the green surroundings.
Speaker 2: What makes Adelaide unique?
Speaker 6: Well, it's very.
Speaker 3: I can break it down for you, but I actually didn't realize, you know, we're the first place in the world to, so women could vote here very early, but this was the first place in the world, the first city in the world where women could actually run as well. And I didn't know that. I actually, no one had ever told me that before. I was like, that's insane. That was in that video.
Speaker 2: Now they can fly.
Speaker 3: They can do anything, baby. But like, obviously we know, you know, there was no like convicts here. It was a different type of settlement, but like, It's more light's vision, like the city planning, how neat it is. And all these years on, you know, those streets are still the exact same they were when they were all laid out.
Speaker 2: Straight as an arrow.
Speaker 3: Bloody kept the green belt, you know, given the green belt has had a few chinks to its armour in recent months. But, you know, the green belt's still there.
Speaker 2: Did your video go into depth about the green belt and how it was designed to stop cannon fire?
Speaker 3: So I always, I've been sprouting that for years.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That wasn't in the video. I don't know if that's true or not, but I love Adelaide, but I was watching this like, yeah, yeah, by myself. And then like, so like it was, this was actually on Saturday night. This is what made me feel really old. Sarah's like, I'm going to go to bed. And I said, I'm just going to keep watching a few of these videos. The next one I watched was just about like how they built Adelaide Oval.
Speaker 2: Adelaide Oval has been hosting cricket since 1871.
Speaker 3: Great video.
Speaker 2: Making it one of the oldest continuously used cricket grounds in the world.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Because it's just like, how did they do that? They managed, they, so, you know, Adelaide managed to do that, the ultimate thing, where we kept the old and had the new, which sometimes you sacrifice the old for the new, but we managed to. keep the Morton Bay figs, the hill, the scoreboard, and build this beautiful pavilion. And I kind of forgot, but they were doing this whilst we were still playing cricket and footy at the Oval. They were building section by section. I was like, what an incredible feat. You know what I mean? And then I'm going, Jesus, I am getting old.
Speaker 2: So, Liam, are you going down a city planning wormhole? I.
Speaker 3: Well, you ready for the big, my grand finale?
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: This video.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've watched it twice now. It's actually incredible. I've heard a lot of people talking about, you know, obviously the big Torrens to Darlington highway upgrade. Oh, yeah, roads, whatever.
Speaker 5: Very fascinating.
Speaker 3: I've got to say, I don't know if this is new to me, but I was watching this video and I was like, the logisticals. I've never thought more about clay and high-pressure groundwater. But this video, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 11: Adelaide is burying a massive road network beneath thousands of homes, spending $ 15. 4 billion on the River Torrens to Darlington project. This monstrous build requires three massive machines... to tunnel constantly through wet, collapsing clay. But is this massive engineering gamble going to save the city, or will it fail?
Speaker 2: As it is doomed?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: I think they've done that for people. They're like, oh, it does sound a bit like Gotham, like it's our last chance or something. I'm like, yeah, look, the traffic kind of sucks on the Southern Expressway, but it's fine. But yeah, just the idea of them bringing those parts in from all around the world for the giant boring machines, and they've had to make a new substation to power the boring machines. And there's just so many things that I just didn't think of.
Speaker 2: I think you're growing up.
Speaker 3: But I'm just like, now I'm like, how cool that we're doing this.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I used to not care about that stuff, but now I really, truly care.
Speaker 2: Welcome to adulthood.
Speaker 5: It feels good.
Speaker 3: I feel like this is the most adult I've ever felt. I'm researching boring machines. It literally says boring in the name.
Speaker 2: You've always tried. to invite me over to watch YouTube videos of, like, live performances.
Speaker 3: Dude, it's, like, my favourite thing to do, just cracking a couple of beers, just watching, you know, like.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do that.
Speaker 3: You know, live at Nedworth and, like, mate, if you want to come and have a cup of tea and we can watch some stuff about high-pressure clay.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They've got to get this expressway under 21 sets of traffic lights. Do you know how much of a logistic nightmare that is?
Speaker 2: Lock it in. Good morning Adelaide and a big good morning to Melissa in Rosewater. First time on the show, is that right?
Speaker 7: Yes, that's correct.
Speaker 2: Well, welcome.
Speaker 3: Wonderful, Melissa. Now I heard you've only just discovered the shows on Kiss, is that right?
Speaker 7: Yes, I used to listen to you on a different radio station.
Speaker 6: I've just found out you were back in Adelaide.
Speaker 8: Yep, yep.
Speaker 3: We've been here since April 1. So you've got about 100 podcasts to catch up on. But in the meantime, live 6 till 10 every morning. So you might not have heard this before. We do a thing called the Pop Quiz. So yeah, you've got a minute on the clock, 10 questions. And Mel, because we like it, because you used to listen back in the day. We're going to give you the superpower randomizer. So there's all sorts of superpowers, which, you know, there's like mega pass, phone a friend, all that sort of stuff. But you won't find out what it is until you say superpower randomizer. So you just pass any you don't know. We'll run through these questions. If you feel like you're stuck at any point, just hit us with superpower randomizer and we'll give you your options.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 3: What rodent is the movie Ratatouille about?
Speaker 4: Rat.
Speaker 3: Which British TV personality is the star of Clarkson's Farm?
Speaker 8: Pass.
Speaker 3: Colonel Sanders was the founder of which fast food chain?
Speaker 6: KFC.
Speaker 3: Name one of Brad Pitt's ex-wives.
Speaker 6: Angelina Jolie.
Speaker 3: Who sang the 1997 song Torn?
Speaker 8: Pass.
Speaker 3: You're naked on the floor. How many seasons of The Simpsons have there been, 26 or 36?
Speaker 7: 36.
Speaker 3: Which American pop star recently officiated her brother's wedding?
Speaker 2: Don't forget about your power.
Speaker 7: Superpower?
Speaker 3: It's the superpower randomiser. Oh, here we go. This is interesting, Melissa.
Speaker 2: That's a fun one to get.
Speaker 3: We've never had this before. Mystery offer. So, here's how it works. At the moment, you have... Four questions left. You've also passed two.
Speaker 2: You've got 20 seconds on the clock left.
Speaker 3: I can say you've got all the others right, so you are still in it to win it for $ 1, 000. Or we can bin this quiz off right now. We forget about the rest of the questions. You don't win the $ 1, 000, but we open the briefcase and you get a mystery offer. Now, it could be some shoelaces. It could be a car. We don't know. It's a mystery offer.
Speaker 2: It could be like an old Kiss 1023 merch Frisbee. You don't know what's on offer.
Speaker 3: You don't know what's on offer. So the question is, would you like a mystery offer, or are you going to take your chances with your 20 seconds left?
Speaker 2: And six questions to go.
Speaker 7: I think I might actually take the mystery offer.
Speaker 3: Now, I'll level with you. That's a smart move, pal, because time was up against you, and I doubt you would have gotten the rest with the time you had left. So the question is, if $ 1, 000 isn't on the table, what is one getting in the mystery offer?
Speaker 2: Melissa, you've got yourself a family pass to the Royal Adelaide Show.
Speaker 3: Oh, beautiful.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Just making dreams come true. That's what we do here.
Speaker 2: I love how the bosses are going, why are they going down in the ratings? What are they doing? They give us a simple thing.
Speaker 3: Basically, it's just like pop quiz, 10 questions, and we're like, How can we make that more confusing for everyone? Is there a way we can make it really confusing every single morning?
Speaker 2: I don't think Mel understood what was going on.
Speaker 3: Mel, you're still a bit confused, I can tell, but that's all right. You're going to the show and we'll play a song.
Speaker 6: How does that sound?
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 7: The kids are going to love it.
Speaker 10: Perfect.
Speaker 2: Good on you, Mel. Thanks for playing. Kiss, one, two, three, gone, gone, gone. Good morning. You are here with Ben and Liam hanging out on your Wednesday morning.
Speaker 3: In the middle of moving homes at the moment and always fun, you know. packing everything up. And I always take the opportunity to do a bit of spring cleaning. Partly because I want to, partly because... I suppose my wife says, like, do you need this? I'm like, yeah, you're probably right, I don't. So I've been sitting out, I've taken tons of bags of clothes to Goodwill and there were some sentimental items in there as well that I was like, look, I would like to keep this, but realistically, have I used this in years? Probably not. Maybe someone else could.
Speaker 2: But that's the whole point of a sentimental item.
Speaker 3: Well, this is true. And I wish it was a two-way street because it is funny because I'm sort of like doing a lot of the moving with car loads. And there's my stuff. And then there's my wife's stuff. And there's a big old difference. So I always like, we've moved around a fair bit for work and that sort of stuff. It happens. So the best way I find with clothes, don't take them off the hanger. That's such rookie stuff. You just put your arms in like a big forklift and take all the clothes off, lay them down in the car, and then you can just put them straight back on the hanger. You know what I mean? That's the best way to go. And so I've got a normal sort of size wardrobe. My wife, I've counted them out. It's like a walk-in sort of wardrobe, eight double doors.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: That's how long the wardrobe is. It's just like a, well, I think it was like a hallway, like it's sort of, I don't know, someone renovated it at some point and turned like it wasn't a room. Like one side was wardrobes and they just made it like a little, you know the bit I'm talking about, right? The little like hallway bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I'm moving my wife's clothes. I'm like, I don't think this is going to fit. And it doesn't. So not only has she got eight double door wardrobes, chock-a-block full, now the items are spilling into my wardrobe.
Speaker 2: It's such a relatable area, the wardrobe, because in our house we've got the walk-in robe and my wife's side is so overfilled.
Speaker 3: Hang on, you guys get sides? Well, I don't even get the look. I don't even get the look in the, I don't even have the, I got like the spare room cupboard to put my stuff. And then she has, I'm not kidding, the entire walk-in robe. It's kind of like when we go on a holiday somewhere, I pack my normal size bag. She packs 37 kilos. And then she goes, oh, do you have room in yours? And I'm like, Christ. And I know the weight limit. So then we have to do the dance every single time we get to an airport. We're like, okay, we're going to have to like, all right, I'll put this, I'll shelve this, I'll put this, I'll take this to my body. I'll like, you know what I mean? Like we're trying to like sneak all this extra stuff on. And it's the same thing.
Speaker 2: Did you say I'll shelve this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I did. We'll move past it.
Speaker 2: Because of course you mean put the shirt back on the shelf.
Speaker 3: That's what I mean. That's what I meant. Duh. But now the wardrobe is out of control. And I'm like, you have the gall to say I might not need to bring that. A lot of these clothes as well, do you know what kills me? They've got the tags on. It's like, have you bought that and never worn it? And I said that the other day. I was like, why is this got a tag on? She said, Yeah, that's an interesting one. What's interesting about it? What changed with you buying it from the shop and getting it home?
Speaker 2: Well, so on Sam's side of the wardrobe, she has crammed so much into that space that the bar that you hang the clothes on is screaming. And it's literally bent.
Speaker 3: You're going to have a breach.
Speaker 2: It's bending under the weight of the clothes on the bar. It's buckling. It's buckling under the pressure.
Speaker 3: She was like trying, she was like honestly like trying to shut the doors. There was all these like jackets and like puffs and stuff. And she was like, because they're those doors on the magnets so that you know how at the top you like push the little thing in and it like pops.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The doors weren't even closed. So like even in, it's all overflowing and like pushing out.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Wardrobe crazy.
Speaker 3: 13-106-5, how extreme is the wardrobe situation? I don't know if anyone's gone to the sort of area where they would potentially have like off-site storage.
Speaker 2: Well, we even, to accommodate all the extra stuff, we bought two like bedside table drawers with three drawers each and we put them into the built-in robes, into the walk-in robes to add more storage. Out of the six available cupboard spaces, I got one and she had five.
Speaker 3: Insane. And I think, rule of thumb, if you've not worn something in two years, it goes. It goes to another home. You're not going to wear it.
Speaker 2: The problem is my wife, who's had two kids, she keeps telling me, she's like, no, so I've got pre-baby stuff and I've got post-baby stuff. And she's like, I'm keeping the pre-baby stuff in case I can get back to that zone. So she's got like double the.
Speaker 3: Amount of stuff. And that is terrifying because we don't have kids. This is phase one. And I can't argue. I'm like, yes, look, if your body is changing, you're growing a human, of course you need more clothes.
Speaker 2: You're going to have to have a maternity cup.
Speaker 3: What the hell is going on here? This is insane. Rose in Ferryman Park, you have a bit of a nuts wardrobe situation.
Speaker 8: Oh, my gosh. I have a wardrobe with four doors that is completely full. I have a tool boy completely full, a dressing table. I have three camping wardrobes under the carport. And I have a shed full of my shoes and handbags.
Speaker 2: Wowee.
Speaker 3: You've got a shoe shed?
Speaker 8: Yeah, shoe shed.
Speaker 3: Shoe shed.
Speaker 6: Shoe shed.
Speaker 3: Get it into your head. Shoe shed.
Speaker 2: It used to be a business.
Speaker 3: It used to be a business. You've got it over your house. Yeah, not good.
Speaker 6: My God, my God.
Speaker 8: Yeah, not good.
Speaker 3: And have you tried to thin out? Because surely, Rose, I don't know if you're a supermodel or not, but I don't know if you're– Well, definitely not. But you wouldn't be able to wear that much stuff, even if it was your job to wear that stuff. You wouldn't be rotating. You know what I mean? I think people hold on to this stuff, and then you probably have your, say, five outfits that you rotate for different situations.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I do, yeah. But when I go overseas or that, I just take clothes and I don't bring them home.
Speaker 3: So what's that? When you said that, hang on, that's crazy. So you take clothes overseas and you don't bring them back? You just leave them there?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I leave them there.
Speaker 3: What, like in the hotel room?
Speaker 8: Well, like if it's barley, they want them. So I cut them up, use them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right. You just leave it there.
Speaker 6: I'll leave.
Speaker 2: Them. Good on you, Rose.
Speaker 3: This is a crazy, crazy call. They'd be driving around. You know, sometimes you see those houses and you'd be like driving through Burnside or something and you're like, what the heck? It's like this freaking mansion. There's like hedges all around it, big lights. And you're just going like, what did that person do? And it'd be funny, I reckon, if you asked, they'd be like, oh, that guy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: No, he was the guy who came up with the shoe shed commercial.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the shoe shed.
Speaker 3: It's the biggest earworm ever. He bought a house literally off the shoe shed, get it into your head, leave the others for dead. Ben Harvey here, he's the footy guy. He's really into Port Adelaide. He's actually an ambassador of the club, but he also is a bit of an introvert, doesn't get out that much. So when you were invited to the Port Adelaide Best in Ferris, you were a little scared. You were a little scared. That's why I arranged.
Speaker 2: Well, I said no. They said do you want to come? And I said no.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I thought, come on, mate. You'll have fun. So I arranged Ollie Wines to be your chaperone for the event. We sort of figured yesterday that Ollie may have a few duties on the night, so we brought in a shadow chaperone, which was producer Bill Jackson. So you had two safety nets there because we didn't want you to flip out and run away.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 2: So it was at the convention centre last night, the Port Adelaide Best and Fairest. I did go. I was thankful I had the shadow chaperone bell there so I didn't get stuck talking to anybody that I didn't want to talk to.
Speaker 3: Did you speak to many of the players?
Speaker 2: Well, there were some pretty big players getting around, mate. I did have a little mic on just to kind of capture the interactions that I was having. Some big stars.
Speaker 3: Hang on, did you ask anyone's permission?
Speaker 2: I thought the lapel mic was pretty obvious. This is me just walking around the Port Adelaide Best and Fairest last night. Oh my God, we just walked past Zach Butters. Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God.
Speaker 5: We literally just walked past Charlie Dixon and you didn't say hi. I just pointed and said, but you've literally been in his car.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: Why didn't you say hi?
Speaker 2: I don't know, he wouldn't remember me.
Speaker 5: He kind of.
Speaker 4: Looked at us.
Speaker 10: It was awkward.
Speaker 5: It was more awkward that we didn't say anything. And I was pointing at him saying.
Speaker 2: I'm getting pretty nervous. Pretty cool, right?
Speaker 3: Not cool at all. That's like the opposite of cool. I mean, yeah, you're right. We did hitchhike with Charlie Dixon and I got a round-a-thon. That was only like four or five months ago. He definitely would have remembered you.
Speaker 2: In hindsight, he looked at me and I looked at him.
Speaker 3: That would have been the moment. I reckon if you were looking for the moment, that would have been the one right there.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 2: It made it worse. It was like... You hesitated. Yeah, I hesitated and that was insane. I walked past him.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I'm sure there were some more positive interactions throughout the night. Um.
Speaker 2: No, I just kind of gawked at them from afar.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: That's kind of what I was hoping wouldn't happen. That was kind of why we had the chaperone situation.
Speaker 2: That was kind of... Yeah, yeah, yeah. Ollie, very lovely.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 2: We love Ollie. He did see me. He came over to say hello.
Speaker 3: I would hope so. He's your chaperone.
Speaker 2: He came over for a bit of a chat.
Speaker 3: How are we, mate?
Speaker 2: Just got here. A lot of tall timber around. Yeah, how are you feeling? I'm a bit nervous. I thought I was all right, and then when I got in, there's a lot of staff out.
Speaker 3: I did see a Lear here.
Speaker 4: Have you seen him?
Speaker 2: I haven't seen Lear yet.
Speaker 8: Nah.
Speaker 3: He's probably moved in to get out of all the fanfare.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, mate, I mean, I'll follow your lead. You chaperone me around.
Speaker 3: Anything you need, let me know and we'll show you around.
Speaker 2: I'll get a beer, I reckon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I reckon.
Speaker 2: He was very accommodating, but then I just went to my table and had my entree and sat on table 13.
Speaker 3: Right, anything else to report or were you just sort of... I was hoping there would be some sort of hot exclusive.
Speaker 2: Table 13 was fun. We had the magician Matt Tarrant. He's been to 13 Best and Fairest in a row.
Speaker 3: No need to rub it in, Matt.
Speaker 2: Had Beck Morse on our table.
Speaker 3: Wonderful.
Speaker 2: We had Rosanna Mangerelli on our table.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Saw Koshi. No cash cow or compare the market meerkat in sight. Yeah.
Speaker 3: He doesn't always travel with them. They have to travel in separate cars like the Obamas just in case there's a threat. Gosh, he can't go down with the compare the meerkat, meerkat. Otherwise, the business would be all done.
Speaker 2: But no, that's my best and fairest rap. Wow.
Speaker 3: Awesome. I think we can all agree, not a waste of anyone's time, air time or my time. I'm sure you really enjoyed that if you're a Paul Adelaide fan.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 3: Knowledge plays on at first.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 3: Cool, cool, cool, cool. If you just tuned in, you would have missed the riveting events of Ben's night at the Port Adelaide Best and Fairest. But I suppose if you've missed it now, you've missed it. So no need to- We can maybe.
Speaker 2: Put it in the podcast, I guess.
Speaker 3: No, I suppose we could.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look, if you send the best, you're going to get the best.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get in there. I'm going to get in there. I'm going to have a hidden mic, and we're going to get a bunch of stuff from the players. They're guards down. They're relaxed. They're celebrating the off-season.
Speaker 3: Well, that was certainly the intention. But, yeah, we just sort of had some crispy audio from a scared boy.
Speaker 2: Well, there was one update that I haven't given you yet.
Speaker 3: Oh, here we go.
Speaker 2: You know I'm not a suit guy. I don't like wearing suits. The idea of wearing a suit makes me a bit angry.
Speaker 3: The last time I saw you in a suit is when we took Karen the Ear out for dinner. We played a game on the radio. We said, hey, Karen, if you can hear and guess what's happening here with your ears, these five things, we'll take you out for a nice steak dinner with all the trimmings. We'll wear our wedding suits. And we came through with our word there.
Speaker 2: So I only own one suit, and that is my wedding suit, which that was five years ago now. I was a little more trim five years ago. And so my fitted white shirt doesn't fit like it used to. The buttons are under duress.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're clinging on for dear life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get that stretch across the gut.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've had that before also across the breast region.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 3: Never good.
Speaker 2: Now, I knew the best and fairest was coming up last night. I knew that my suit wasn't going to fit anymore, and I kind of kept putting it off, putting it off. And then I was doing the food shopping yesterday afternoon. I was at Pasadena. And I was getting some meat from the butcher there. And across from the butcher, if you shop at Pasadena, you would know.
Speaker 3: Bruce's Meat, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Bruce's Meat, yeah. That's the butcher, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bruce's Meat.
Speaker 2: So I was getting some of Bruce's Meat. And then across the aisle, TK Maxx. Big brands, small prices. And I thought, I wonder if they'll have a cheap white shirt that I can go and get.
Speaker 3: Pretty sure they would.
Speaker 2: So I popped in there. And so I think, I don't actually know, I think TK Maxx is kind of like an outlet store where they got a bit of some clearance kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: They're in Harbour Town, I know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Pasadena. And I went in there, there's a lot of smalls, a lot of XXXLs. I did manage to find an XL white dress shirt. And so I bought that. Great decision.
Speaker 3: Great fit. And I can't wait to see the red carpet interviews later on. They're going, Aliyah, Aliyah, what are you wearing tonight? Giorgio Armani. Thank you to Joseph Azumku for dressing me. Ben Harvey, what are you wearing? This is TK Maxx Pasadena.
Speaker 2: Big brand, small prices.
Speaker 3: High thread count. Yeah, no, thank you. Thank you for noticing.
Speaker 2: But masterclass for me, right? Yeah. I just left the tag on. So now I can return it. Because I don't ever want to wear it again.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: I'm not a suit guy, so I'm like.
Speaker 3: Well, if there's a sweaty white shirt at TK Maxx Pasadena, we know who the culprit is. Okay?
Speaker 2: I am curious, though. I've never done it before. This will be the first.
Speaker 3: Are you actually planning on... You've wore it the whole night with the tag?
Speaker 2: It's 50 bucks. Well, the tag was on the... Wouldn't it be itchy? The tag was on the sleeve, so you didn't feel it.
Speaker 3: Massive scab.
Speaker 2: If it wasn't on the neck, I would have pulled it off. On the sleeve, got away with it.
Speaker 3: But I heard how nervous you were. You'd be sweating profusely.
Speaker 2: I had no pommer. I was wearing Nopong.
Speaker 3: Bit of Nopong. We'll see how strong the Nopong is, I suppose.
Speaker 2: I am curious, though. I've never done it before. What did you return after using it? Because this is a whole new world to me. I know a lot of people do it.
Speaker 3: Do people actually do that? I've never done that in my life. I think people do it. I've never done that in my life.
Speaker 2: I think people do it. They wear stuff and then they return it.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure Producer Bell does it with bikinis and stuff.
Speaker 3: You can't do that.
Speaker 5: Okay, no, not bikinis, but I may or may not have done it with a formal dress that you wear once. And to hire it's $ 100, so why wouldn't I just buy it and then return it?
Speaker 2: Well, it's the same as me, right? It's just like a formal shirt, I guess.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with you people?
Speaker 2: It's a brave new world for me. I'm wondering, has anyone got experience? 131065, what did you return after you used it? Imagine if someone bought a car and they used it for a bit and they returned it.
Speaker 3: Charlotte joins us now. Tell us, did you have a bit of a scenario where you returned something or were you on the receiving end?
Speaker 6: So I was on the receiving end. I was one of the poor people that received someone else's dirty stains.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: So I ordered a white dress for my 21st. Yeah. And it came with yellow stains under the armpit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, that is the other end of the Robin Hood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that person obviously wasn't wearing no pong.
Speaker 3: I don't know how powerful no pong is.
Speaker 2: Pretty powerful.
Speaker 3: Why don't you bring the shirt in? I'll give it the sniff test.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah.
Speaker 3: We can do that tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure it's bunched up on the floor in my bedroom.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay. Sandra in Holden Hill, were you also on the receiving end?
Speaker 7: Yes, my husband and I were both on the receiving end. We went shopping for tracksuit pants.
Speaker 3: Together?
Speaker 2: That's a cute couple thing to do.
Speaker 3: Maybe we should buy a big pair. We could both have a leg each.
Speaker 2: One each.
Speaker 7: And he was looking for pets and he found some, went into the change rooms, went to go and put them on. There was a gift left behind.
Speaker 2: What do you mean a gift left behind?
Speaker 3: Not in the gusset. Surely not in the gusset.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 3: Come on!
Speaker 7: They were returned, or someone tried them on, we're not sure, but yeah, it was a.
Speaker 2: Yuck. Bruh.
Speaker 3: Bruh. That's... Yeah, that ain't it.
Speaker 2: That's not it at all.
Speaker 3: And honestly, I think if you intend on returning this shirt, then somewhere along the line, karma is a thing, and you will get a skidded... Whether you order it online or go into the shop, because what goes around comes around, buddy.
Speaker 2: Yep. How does a family pass to the Royal Adelaide show sound? Pretty good. Well, give us a buzz and do this next game, Liam.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think kids don't go to the shows for the rides or the show bags. They go for the wood chopping. Catherine in Burton, you're going to be one of our verbal lumberjacks this morning. So I don't know if you know how this is going to work, because we can't see you chopping wood in front of us. We're going to give you five seconds, and you've got to say chop as many times as you can. Then with our special computers here, we're going to slow down your voice. We're going to count how many times you've said chop. All make sense?
Speaker 12: Yes.
Speaker 2: Yep, perfect. All right, all right.
Speaker 3: Well, you'll be coming up against Sandra in Andrew's farm. How are you doing, Sandra?
Speaker 7: I'm trying to win show tickets.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Sandra.
Speaker 3: Sandra, you're on.
Speaker 8: Yes, hello.
Speaker 7: How are you going?
Speaker 3: Who are you telling there that you're doing show tickets?
Speaker 7: I'm actually at work.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's okay. Oh, well, tell them.
Speaker 6: I'm multitasking.
Speaker 3: You tell them there's more important stuff happening. There is. There's show tickets everywhere. on the line here. So, Catherine, you're going to go first. We're going to give you a little countdown and then you've got to say chop as many times as you possibly can in five seconds. Are you ready?
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm ready.
Speaker 3: All right, this is just you, Catherine. Three, two, one, chop. <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL>.
Speaker 6: <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL>.
Speaker 8: <HAL> <HAL>.
Speaker 7: Yes. I am ready.
Speaker 9: <HAL> <HAL> <HAL>.
Speaker 7: <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL>.
Speaker 3: <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL>.
Speaker 2: <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL>.
Speaker 3: <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> <HAL> Here are your chops slowed down.
Speaker 6: Sounds like an exotic bird or something.
Speaker 9: But the computer says 42. Oh, wow. Well done.
Speaker 3: Well done indeed, Catherine. Good verbal wood chopping this morning. 42 in five seconds. This is your wood chopping, Sandra.
Speaker 6: Even slowed down pretty fast. The computer has analysed.
Speaker 7: 45.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Sandra, you are the winner. Congratulations.
Speaker 8: Good job, Catherine.
Speaker 2: Well done, ladies. Well done. Thank you.
Speaker 3: That's nice of you, Catherine.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. I enjoyed that. And you're going to enjoy the Royal Adelaide Show, I'm sure, presented by Drake's. Don't get show-mo. Go to the Royal Adelaide Show. Get your tickets now. Also, don't forget about Ben Liam's Haunted House, presented by Hollywood Horrors. And we are back.
Speaker 3: Wonderful to see the good people of the People's Republic of Ben and Liam being vocal. Of course, some dictatorships, you know, famously don't like people speaking out against them.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 3: But what I would say is from what I've seen. People are just giving their views. They're not necessarily saying, I want to overthrow the Supreme Leaders. That's when there's problems. That's when the dogs get wrong.
Speaker 2: Ash Robertson posted, feeling confused. Why ask for feedback if you aren't going to listen to it?
Speaker 3: Now, I will let this freaking thing off its chain if I hear anything more from you, Ash. What I will say is, no, no, no, no, no. There's no angry dogs here. Imran House. A valued listener.
Speaker 5: Real name.
Speaker 3: Many years ago, paid out saying no one would actually have that name.
Speaker 2: I laughed and said Imran isn't a real name. It definitely is.
Speaker 5: You said your full name, Imran House.
Speaker 3: You thought it was a username, not a person's name. Imran House sent us a video of him listening to the podcast being like, yeah, F me. Imagine if that was your name, right?
Speaker 2: Imran House did one of the all-time videos. It was like early days of the Nova podcast and he filmed himself listening to us have that conversation and he was like, that's me. He was all excited and then The penny drop moment where I was like, that's not a real name.
Speaker 5: No one's called Imran House.
Speaker 3: And just from that video alone, I trust this guy. He's a funny guy. He's a funny guy. Thank you, Imran. He said, re-podcast change up. I feel as a listener, the impact of the removal of music is overstated. It might feel different from the production end, but as a listener, it's not that different in my opinion. And I feel like a podcast without the radio bits doesn't work. This is my experience as a listener. My three dumb friends make a radio show every day. I hear whatever stuff they pull together for a commercial radio show and see how much they can get away with. And then at the end, you hear how they put it together, their life story, Schlopp and Bell having a sick day. My vote is leave as is. Much love, Imran. Imran, you now have a job within the propaganda department. We're willing to give you one star on your jacket.
Speaker 5: No, hang on, hang on.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I know it's confusing, but there will now be military grade systems as well as a loyalty program.
Speaker 2: Is he a lieutenant?
Speaker 3: Yep, lieutenant in Rand.
Speaker 2: And if you get three stars, you're a general?
Speaker 1: Nope.
Speaker 3: No, we're not. It's very simple, we just get some hats made. It's not hard.
Speaker 2: We're actually getting rid of the tier system.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: And we're doing military rankings. You need to stop being.
Speaker 5: So freaking ADHD with your.
Speaker 3: Content, okay?
Speaker 5: We have loyalty program.
Speaker 3: My dogs are getting hungry.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: Know your place.
Speaker 5: We are not having loyalty and then a freaking ranking star system.
Speaker 2: Well, I can't wait to see Liam let this thing off.
Speaker 1: The turn.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: But what I will say. I'm excited for that.
Speaker 5: I don't think Imran has been inducted in the loyalty program.
Speaker 2: Well, he doesn't need to be because we've blown that up.
Speaker 5: No, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's done. We've done that.
Speaker 5: Shut up. We are literally working on the freaking God tier right now.
Speaker 3: It's still a thing. It's still a thing. But thank you. There are many systems.
Speaker 2: Supreme Leader blows it up. No, no. So now it's a star system. One star lieutenant. Three stars general. Don't know what two stars is.
Speaker 5: Do you remember the ratings yesterday?
Speaker 2: Corporal?
Speaker 3: You remember the ratings?
Speaker 5: Do you remember the chat with our boss about the ratings and the feedback we got about what we need to do on the show?
Speaker 2: What was it? Remind me.
Speaker 3: When you do.
Speaker 5: Something, stick with it. And don't keep changing ideas.
Speaker 3: Literally.
Speaker 2: I think these new ideas are way better. New ideas sticks.
Speaker 5: The quote was, when you do something, just stay with it and make it just that that you focus on for a few weeks. Then you can change. What do you do the next day? Blow up loyalty.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of that. I mean, some of the people being real dicks in the articles yesterday. I mean, literally, it's like, grow up. We've gone down one book. Someone said, egg on their face. Beginner's luck cooked for Kiss Duo.
Speaker 2: I thought that was pretty funny. Egg on their face with the egg.
Speaker 3: It is brutal when your face and eggs is your promo shot. You're just sitting duck for that one. And then there was Adelaide's most hyped breaking radio show in ratings disaster. I'll give you the hot tip. We were number one nine books in a row. Still got fired, so it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 2: Liam, did you see the Star Wars meme from Liam Brown recently?
Speaker 3: I did see that, yes. Very funny. That was funny. Are you familiar with the scene, Belle?
Speaker 5: Liam, you know I'm not. I haven't seen any Star Wars.
Speaker 3: Well, I actually think you would like that scene because it's actually Sarah's favourite scene. It's Padme and Anakin, they're rolling in the fields.
Speaker 1: In the grass.
Speaker 5: Oh, is that what that meme's from?
Speaker 2: Attack of the Clones, I believe.
Speaker 3: Attack of the Clones, yeah. Because he's pretending to fall off the big moose thing.
Speaker 5: Oh, is that what that's from?
Speaker 3: I've never known what that meme's from. Well, that's literally a. What that meme is from there is he's talking about, he's like, one person should make a decision. She's like, Anakin, you're talking about a dictatorship. He's like, well, if it's the best for the galaxy, I can't remember the exact line, but he's basically a bit of foreshadowing there because he's obviously going to become Darth Vader much like we are, supreme leaders of the podcast.
Speaker 2: Wait, hang on.
Speaker 5: Darth Vader was a man first.
Speaker 3: Anakin Skywalker, yeah.
Speaker 5: Can I see? What does he look like?
Speaker 3: Oh, he's good looking.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's very good looking. Well, they're both good looking. That's like a full power couple right there.
Speaker 5: What happened to her?
Speaker 3: She dies. Childbirth. Luke and Leia are her kids.
Speaker 6: Oh, there you go.
Speaker 2: By his hand.
Speaker 5: So he's Luke's father.
Speaker 1: Luke, I am your father. There it is.
Speaker 3: It's all coming together.
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 3: Star Wars. There it is.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 5: How about that?
Speaker 2: So for those that can't see it, it's the classic meme, Four Squares, where Anakin says, we will give you the podcast you want. And then Padme says, like with a big smiley face, that means we can pick the segments we want, right? And it's him just kind of giving her that look. And then she says, like, you know, she's got a bit more of a straight face. She says, you listen to us, right?
Speaker 3: Thank you to Trev Budd for making the nice dictator photos of us with nice bushy beards.
Speaker 2: Around the wall.
Speaker 3: There was another really good one. Can we make this one? One of them needs to be the pod tile today, I think.
Speaker 6: Wilhelm.
Speaker 3: You've got to choose one for the other one. I love Wilhelm's one, the Russian looking one.
Speaker 5: Oh, yes.
Speaker 2: Can we make that the cover photo?
Speaker 5: You want that one?
Speaker 2: I also like Matt Kars is probably a little bit too AI, but he went for more of the, like, he branded it up with the Kiss branding.
Speaker 3: I like Arvin did one as well. Thank you, Arvin. All getting roles, by the way, in the propaganda.
Speaker 5: I'm just going to, I.
Speaker 2: Thought the podcast. They've all got, anyone who made a dictatorship green screen edit gets one star.
Speaker 3: Another way, another quick way to get a star is, um, if one of your neighbors are speaking ill of the podcast and if you, if you call them out for dog attack, um, if you say, traitor, traitor, traitor, if you like turn on your family or whatever.
Speaker 2: And then what, you DM us and say, yeah.
Speaker 3: I've heard, I've heard like my, um, the sisters saying she doesn't like the podcast as much.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Um, If you offer up someone who's not into the new regime, you'll probably get a stripe.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, the stars don't exist, right?
Speaker 3: Stars and stripes.
Speaker 5: You can go for it all you want.
Speaker 2: So if you get three stars, do you get a stripe?
Speaker 5: I'm not honouring this. I'm not honouring this. Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: I think if you get three stars, you get a stripe. If you get three stripes, you can be on the show.
Speaker 5: What the hell?
Speaker 3: There's also like a special, if you see us in public, you have to salute now. It's a new thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Don't say anything. Just salute.
Speaker 5: Look, okay, so no, and also you guys can just deal with that then. I'm not.
Speaker 2: If you like your hut inside the walls.
Speaker 3: Because who will put you outside?
Speaker 2: You can go outside the walls real quick. Not a pretty place.
Speaker 3: That's the thing about dictatorships. Pretty dang nice inside. Yeah. Not as nice as other times when everyone's sharing outside.
Speaker 2: And right now you're probably patting the dog and feeding the dog, but you don't want to be on the other side of the chain link fence. Chain link fence.
Speaker 5: Mm-hmm. I thought today's pod tile was going to be you with Ollie Wines from last night, but did you not want that?
Speaker 2: Oh, it could be, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that's good.
Speaker 5: Are we putting that in the story?
Speaker 2: I don't think so, no.
Speaker 5: Just pod tile?
Speaker 2: Just pod tile.
Speaker 5: Pod tile. Okay, cool. Well, the graphics then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's just pick one of them and make it the cover photo.
Speaker 5: Is there a cover photo? No, for a group, there's no profile picture. It's just the cover photo. Okay, so which one do you want then?
Speaker 2: I like Trev's if he could get my hand in it. My hand's not in it.
Speaker 5: Which one was Trev's?
Speaker 2: Oh, the Ronald Moore one. Trev's had the Adelaide North Bulls in it. But I don't know if it's formatted right for the cover photo.
Speaker 3: I think the one... I could be wrong, but I think the... Yeah, I mean, they're all really good. I like the... Wilhelms one. It is a little bit AI, but I do like it.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 3: It looks very clean.
Speaker 2: I've lost.
Speaker 3: This one, Bill. I'll just screenshot it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's that one. There was also one... Sorry, I'm just trying to look for.
Speaker 2: I think he did a few. I think Wilhelm did a few.
Speaker 5: Recent. Here we go.
Speaker 3: Have you noticed that on people's passports, not a hard and fast rule, but. A lot of like nations like Australia and the UK and America, we have deep blue sort of Navy passports. New Zealand has like black, but there's other countries like China and Russia, they have like the red, they run a red passport.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like burgundy and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah. We would run a red.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 2: I also just saw Nathan Novak did one. His is quite good because his isn't AI.
Speaker 5: So Wilhelm and then, yeah, Novak's is really funny. He's also got Kumon in it.
Speaker 2: He's got Kumon. He's got dicking around. He's got a line through Spotify.
Speaker 3: Kumon.
Speaker 2: Double dog.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's clever. I didn't see that one. What I would say is Kumon will be scrubbed from the public library. No one shall know that Supreme Leader went to Kumon. And if they will speak of it, I think you can put two and two together. and guess what will happen next.
Speaker 2: Unless the other Supreme Leader does deem it okay to talk about Kumon, because he finds it very funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so there was Arvind, Wilhelm.
Speaker 3: As we said, it's a soft dictatorship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 3: It's a dictatorship in the sense that we need strong mass reform. But if you look at the podcast today, this is the first day I've enforced the reform. There is 10 pieces in the podcast today. Yesterday, there was 10 pieces, and the.
Speaker 2: Day before, there was 10. And sometimes, you know, in turbulent times, I think you need strong leaders. And I think that's what's happening here. Liam and I are standing up as strong leaders.
Speaker 5: Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: But the only reason we have become these leaders is because the emergency powers were invoked. And a lot of the time, you know, in Star Wars, World War II... That stuff happens. But we won't abuse the power. Sometimes that happens. They go, look.
Speaker 2: We'll give it back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll give it back. When wartime is over, we'll give it back.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: We're not going to abuse it.
Speaker 5: So do you want Novaks as the cover photo?
Speaker 3: And we shall have peace.
Speaker 5: Don't look at me when you do that.
Speaker 2: He's doing Emperor Palpatine.
Speaker 3: Okay. I think I've... Oh, my God.
Speaker 5: Can you answer the question?
Speaker 3: Sorry, but I was telling a personal story.
Speaker 5: Can one of you answer the.
Speaker 2: Easy boy, easy boy. She's one of us.
Speaker 3: She's one of us. She's had a propaganda.
Speaker 5: Which cover photo do you want?
Speaker 3: I've said about 19 times the Wilhelm one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but then you said, ooh, to the Novak one.
Speaker 3: They're both good, but just... Can you do two? No. Just do Wilhelm.
Speaker 2: Whatever one fits in the cover photo the best.
Speaker 6: Do Wilhelm.
Speaker 2: Wilhelm did two.
Speaker 3: Oh, God.
Speaker 5: So, you're giving me three.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've ever... Now I've become Supreme Leader, I don't think I've ever been questioned more.
Speaker 5: There's this one.
Speaker 3: This one.
Speaker 5: Yes, but there's also this one he did.
Speaker 3: Well, this one is the one I want.
Speaker 5: You want that one.
Speaker 2: I don't think that'll fit in the cover vote.
Speaker 5: Absolutely not. It'll just be your, like, faces, but then.
Speaker 2: Freaking Cropit.
Speaker 5: Freaking, freaking, freaking... I just feel like it's actually a bit too close to home. Like, that one's actually semi-problematic.
Speaker 3: This is a real thing, though.
Speaker 5: At least Novak's is like funny. Like this one's like actually.
Speaker 3: A bit real.
Speaker 2: What was Belle? She was the head of propaganda. You're about to be the head of dicking around in a minute.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Just crop it in.
Speaker 3: Just crop it around. Just muck around with it in the back end. You're working out.
Speaker 2: Just muck around in the back end. Crop it in.
Speaker 3: Oh, they said.
Speaker 2: Stop digging us around.
Speaker 5: Who said back end yesterday?
Speaker 3: One of our bosses in the meeting said, oh, that all comes out in the wash in the back end.
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: We were looking at each other.
Speaker 8: We did.
Speaker 3: They're like, what are you guys laughing about? You're second to last in the ratings.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they'd say they'd been like, oh, this show, you know, they'll get there one day. And then they'd back in and we all went.
Speaker 2: Ben Williams makes a very good point. He said, seeing as though we are a republic now, we need a flag for this new era.
Speaker 5: Oh!
Speaker 3: What should our flag be? Honestly, best flag might even get head of propaganda.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that was a role at risk for sure. Two stars. I want people.
Speaker 3: Can we. By Friday, we're going to pick a new show flag. And it can be rough drawing with pencil. Oh, that looks great, Bill.
Speaker 2: See?
Speaker 5: Change the cover photo.
Speaker 3: That looks awesome.
Speaker 2: You've got the sickle and hammer and sickle.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Hammer and sickle, yeah. See, I like the idea. See how it's the hammer and sickle, which is kind of like Russia, right? Like, it would be good to have... That's a very communist image, but potentially there's, like, The double dog and the.
Speaker 2: Well, no, yeah.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: This is why I said it's too real.
Speaker 3: The sickle, we could change that image. We could update the profile picture once we've got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the double dog with something else. We've obviously changed the cover photo. Can we make whatever the flag is on Friday, we'll lock that in. Can we make that the profile picture?
Speaker 5: There is no profile picture for a group. I just told you this, like, literally three minutes ago.
Speaker 8: Damn.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 5: I said for a group, there's only the cover photo.
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay. I see.
Speaker 2: Now you've updated it and it's updated.
Speaker 3: See, there's some pretty... When you look at dictatorships, Nazi Germany, obviously, Fascist Italy, Soviet Union, Iraq. I would like to be a nice one. We're going to do things a little differently around here. It's going to be a nice dictatorship.
Speaker 5: And how's that been going so far? Because so far, you said you're going to kill people with dogs. You're going to put me in a hospital. You've said you don't care about what people think.
Speaker 3: No, I never said that.
Speaker 5: And you've said for people to turn on their neighbours.
Speaker 3: So far, I think we've been taking everything on board. Has anyone spoke against the regime?
Speaker 5: Yes, Ash said, I'm really confused. And then you unleashed dogs on them.
Speaker 2: No, we didn't unleash the dogs.
Speaker 3: No, no, no. The dogs were barking, but they weren't released, Belle.
Speaker 5: You are.
Speaker 3: Let's look. Newest post. I just want to just... Always good to scan the regime.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 5: You know what's funny is that Liam never went in the pod squad and then he became a dictator and he's never... He's using it so much.
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 5: Like, you never went in the pod squad and now you're a dictator and you've, like, got the pod squad up and you're going through it all. You really are taking it seriously.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I don't normally... Normally I stay away, but that's the thing. As I'm taking this role seriously, I've never spoken... Never heard from the people more. I normally just get it from you guys.
Speaker 5: Well, I wanted to talk about last night in the Best and Fairest, but... I feel like we can't even talk about stuff anymore because you've just got to talk about yourselves and your dictatorship.
Speaker 8: So.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: I would like to say... Yeah, I'm literally just reading everyone's things at the minute.
Speaker 2: Okay. I usually do that in the private time.
Speaker 5: Like, what is this? And the podcast is on. It's just silence of Liam reading. What do you do while Ben's doing everything and reading the Pod Squad post during the show?
Speaker 3: I have a side hustle. Don't you know?
Speaker 5: Do you do side hustle stuff during the show?
Speaker 3: How would I do that?
Speaker 5: No, you just said you have a side hustle. Are you doing it during the show?
Speaker 3: Constantly brewing. Constantly brewing. I haven't actually had... This is my first week without a post in a long time because I've had so much extra stuff moving house. Do you have a backlog?
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: Rookie mistake.
Speaker 3: Well, to be fair, my makeup guy moved on me.
Speaker 2: Oh, really? Where did he move to?
Speaker 3: Oh, he didn't move. He just moved the date. We had a date.
Speaker 12: Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, I think he moved to Sydney or something.
Speaker 3: No, no, no.
Speaker 2: I was about to release Gunther.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you have to growl back at them to show who's dominant.
Speaker 8: Down, Gunther.
Speaker 3: I learnt that from Cesar Millan. See, what's this?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 5: From the other week.
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 5: When we went to pick up a certain vehicle.
Speaker 6: Oh, yes.
Speaker 3: There was a few angry dogs there. There was a few angry dogs, for sure. For sure. Head of Propaganda, have you prepared the Supreme Leader's hovercraft?
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Do you want the update here or do you want the update off air?
Speaker 3: I swear to... Because we were very much promised this is a sure thing.
Speaker 11: Yes.
Speaker 1: Genuinely?
Speaker 3: May as well tell us now. But the dogs probably won't be happy about it.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, it's fine.
Speaker 3: We're still getting it. Hit us, hit us.
Speaker 5: It's just not going to be this week. It's going to be next week.
Speaker 3: It was always going to be next week, though.
Speaker 5: No, it was going to be late this week.
Speaker 2: No, this week we couldn't fit it in.
Speaker 3: No, we couldn't fit it in this week.
Speaker 2: It was too busy. We've got to do the show stuff.
Speaker 3: Raw show, I'm moving house. We're never going to do it this week.
Speaker 5: That's what I said.
Speaker 6: Cool.
Speaker 2: All right, next week. Next week we hover.
Speaker 5: End of next week.
Speaker 2: End of next week we hop.
Speaker 5: End of next week.
Speaker 8: Great. Yes.
Speaker 2: Also, I call the dog Gunther. Can we change the dog's name to Grunthal?
Speaker 3: Up, Grunthal.
Speaker 2: Up, up. Second, Grunthal.
Speaker 3: Down, down, Grunthal.
Speaker 6: See, I like it.
Speaker 3: See, Belle? All I do is I hold my hand like this.
Speaker 2: I hold my hand with my palm like this.
Speaker 3: And then when I put my palm down and sort of clench my fist, Grunthal attacks.
Speaker 5: I thought we had multiple dogs.
Speaker 3: Do we only have one? Oh, we do, but Grunthal is the head of the pack.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: And we've yet to see the damage Grunthal can do.
Speaker 3: But let me just say, it's not going to be pretty.
Speaker 5: Right. Okay. Well, so.
Speaker 3: Grunthal will kill.
Speaker 2: Who is he killing? Can we just.
Speaker 5: Not kill anyone?
Speaker 3: Well, I'll only give the kill order when.
Speaker 5: Quote, we're going to be a nice dictatorship.
Speaker 3: Bring up the journalists who wrote those articles yesterday.
Speaker 2: Bring them in.
Speaker 6: Bring them in.
Speaker 2: Go on, Thor. So Friday, Team Member of the Week, it's going to be back.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 5: Everyone's very excited.
Speaker 2: Is it going to be revealing the new show flag?
Speaker 5: Tomorrow or Friday?
Speaker 2: Friday, I think.
Speaker 5: And where's the flag going?
Speaker 3: We'll get one made up. Okay.
Speaker 2: We'll figure that out after.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: In the back end.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Okay, cool.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 5: Well, no, I just wanted to see if there was anything else.
Speaker 3: There could be. And the dictatorship may be toppled at some point.
Speaker 5: It absolutely has to be.
Speaker 3: History often tells us that they last for a short time. And then we might have a dynasty. It might be more of a Japanese flavor to the podcast. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Dynasty was more China, right?
Speaker 3: No, they always had dynasties in Japan.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know about this. Don't look at me. This is a blind spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I think you're right.
Speaker 3: No, but yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: When I think dynasty, though, I think China, but yeah, I guess there was.
Speaker 3: Dynasty. Yeah, I was thinking of the emperors and stuff. Yeah. Was there a dynasty in Japan?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I wanted to, if there was anything else you wanted to chat about last night that we didn't cover on the show.
Speaker 3: Oh, shit, they've got a, sorry, Japan has a single unbroken imperial dynasty.
Speaker 2: They've got a freaking single imperial.
Speaker 3: 1,500 years. Freaking heck.
Speaker 2: Freak me.
Speaker 3: Because it would be nice taking off the stiff cap of the Supreme Leader and putting on a soft fabric of the emperor.
Speaker 2: It's been one day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know that. I was just saying at one point.
Speaker 5: Again, if you have an idea, stay with it for a bit.
Speaker 2: This show does have a history of katanas.
Speaker 3: It would be nice to unsheathe a katana is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: There might be, yeah, there'll be lots of different things. Maybe at some point we'll just have like a democratic sort of system where people vote each week on who should be the prime minister of the pod.
Speaker 5: So the team member of the week.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 5: What is what you've done here?
Speaker 3: All I hear, all I'm saying, out of my mouth, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun. Out of Belle's mouth, problem, problem, problem, problem.
Speaker 2: Ha, ha, ha, ha. Grunthal's getting a little slobbery.
Speaker 3: Grunthal's getting real hungry.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 2: Just give us a reason to take Grunthal off his chain, Belle.
Speaker 3: Give us a darn reason.
Speaker 5: Are you saying you want me to sacrifice myself?
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: You want me to say it's been.
Speaker 5: An honour and then step in front of Grunthal?
Speaker 2: See what Grunthal can do.
Speaker 3: What that thing do.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: Well, right. So China has had many dynasties.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 3: The Shang Dynasty.
Speaker 8: The Yin.
Speaker 3: The Zhao. The Qin. The Han. The Tang. The Song.
Speaker 2: The Ming.
Speaker 3: The Qing.
Speaker 2: Bill, don't you do it.
Speaker 3: Don't you say it sounds like the Wu-Tang Clan. Rappers from the Wu-Tang Clan. Don't say that.
Speaker 2: And do not do any of your impressions.
Speaker 8: Jesus.
Speaker 3: I swear to God, the dog has never been hungrier.
Speaker 2: In fact... That could be a dang good reason to let Grundle off his chain if you're going to do it.
Speaker 3: What was your favourite dynasty?
Speaker 2: Ying.
Speaker 3: Let me look up what was the most popular Chinese. What was the.
Speaker 2: If you do it, I'm going to let him.
Speaker 3: Off his chain.
Speaker 2: You've been fair warned.
Speaker 3: So Tang dynasty... would be the historian's top choice. It's widely considered the most famous and golden age of Chinese civilization. Down, Grunthal, down!
Speaker 8: Did we let him off?
Speaker 2: Did we let him off? Did we let him off?
Speaker 1: Enough! Enough!
Speaker 3: Boy, heal, heal, heal!
Speaker 2: He's not listening to you, Supreme Leader. Oh, God!
Speaker 3: Oh, Granthal. Granthal has done more damage than we intended to do.
Speaker 2: Oh, no.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry. I think we can all agree, though, the funnest podcast we've had in a long time. So it's good. It's a good sign. That the dictatorship is working, guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see, if everyone just falls in the line. Bring the fun back.
Speaker 3: If everyone falls in the line.
Speaker 2: The whole point of this is to bring the fun back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that was fun. That was fun for us.
Speaker 2: Are you okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm fine. We need to get an ambulance in here.
Speaker 2: We'll get an ambulance in here. All right, see ya.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Supreme Leader's out.
Speaker 6: Bye-bye. You good, Bill?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm fine.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: And that's it.