Speaker 1: Christ Christian O'Connell show show yesterday at this radio station. Huggy Midfield General mister mid Mornings here mark twenty nine years at this radio station. A remarkable rum which is a lot about just how well loved he is and how good he is at his job a day in da out. He's never down. He's always happy to be on air. And there are a lot of people who when they've been in radio wil are jaded and cincle. Hugy isn't one of them. He's got a genuine joy of radio and the legacy of radio and still been lucky to be part of it today. And when we started here he was nothing but behind that one hundred percent when he didn't need to be so. Anyway, it's a big day yesday for the station and obviously, Pats you're at and whereby. After the show, we all sat around and we sang kind of happy radio birthday to Hugging and we had had some cake. Now I didn't know this about hug he'd been working with him two years. I met his lovely wife and now about his family and stuff like that, but I didn't know about this is the big guy. He's got a very specific fear to do with cake. Do you know this is it's well known and well documented in that building in there. He listeners have seen him cakes and he doesn't like to eat them. Well, there's a separate thing about why he shouldn't do that because they might be poisoned. But you know, his fear of cakes is about it's a fear of not knowing the origins of the cake. So unless essentially, unless he's seen the all the ingredients go into it, he won't eat a cake. He doesn't trust it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, And it took a lot of coaxing from us to try and get him to have his birthday cake yesterday. Did you see him have any? He did have? Some how shocked that he did. Yeah, the boss had to assure him where it had come from and how it been put together and stuff like that. And you know it won't be one. I only mean to laugh at his phobias, right that people have all kinds of phoberas they can be really painful people. But I've never heard of you know, most phobias are pretty well known, aren't they. But I've never heard of a fear of the origin of cakes. And I had a look online, because there's a name for virtually every kind of phobia. There's alojexophobia, which is the fear of opinions. One of our bosses here has that, so very we're never allowed to set off the rash otherwise, you know, giving opinions. What about this one. Papaphobia is a fear of the pope. Yeah really, I when you're gonna have a pretty good life, I mean, how is that going to flare up? A fear of the you know, Easter Sundays on TV, the rash is coming up? The Papaphobia's back. I've had this one sometimes, especially with home schooling at the moment. Nostrophobia that's a fear of returning home. I love this one. Phobia is a fear of atomic explosions. Well, surely we all have that, yeah, exactly. And there's all yeah, there's a whole load these, but I've never heard of the very specific one. A fear of the origin of cakes and not knowing where the cake has come from. So if you have an unusual phobia, let us know this morning.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: Unusual phobias? I don't know. This is a phobia. One thing I don't like you remember when you were kid and you don't have to do it too often as an adult. But I used to get lot sore throats. They took my tonsels out, so I have to go to the doctors and have that horrible wooden.
Speaker 2: Pedal makes me dry? Rich English?
Speaker 1: How can something be so dry? It goes beyond dry? Just a touch of it, a light just touch on your tongue and then they're pressing down the tongue depress and may then imagine if they would scrape it phobia Okay, yeah, it's actually making my throats okay. So we're looking for your unusual phobias podcast, talk about unusual phobias. This morning Bobby listener, Bobby has an unusual phoba of Coleslaw. Not just that he's put block caps. What it is about it? I think for a lot of this stuff, it's text during stuff like that for a lot of us, isn't It feels like the tongue depress of that dryness and so Christian, I can't have a terrible fear of ice cubes. I fear they will stick to my skin. That comes from the mysteriously named Woozy Robert's got a phobia feet kind of look at his own feet. That's going to be troubling putting your shoes or to go to work, isn't that? How are you looking at the word Some assistant doing that for you putting your socks on? And that's incredible? Are we are? We curious things as human beings. Are the torment that we just do to ourselves? Gareth, I used to be petrified of buttons on clothing. I have no idea why this is from Lucy. I'm terrified of the feeling of oil. I work as a chef after wed gloves all the time, so I don't come in direct contact with oil. I mean olive oil, cooking oil, sesame, all that stuff that's from Lucy. It's got the lines. So we've got to be on the line. Good morning, Bee, Hi Christian, I'm good to be I hope you are the s morning. Thanks for calling in. And what's your unusual phobia?
Speaker 2: Mate? Yeah, thinking about it makes my blood curl my stomach.
Speaker 3: Just we were in the fruit shop the other day and I actually like I heard some of the guy was like putting some cucumbers or something out, and I heard some of the polystyrene and my stomach like I literally just had to stop. And my part it was like what's wrong? And I pointed at and he just started laughing at me. He teaches me about it all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is it about that? I get that completely. It's the noise. And then it's like, what is that that sound that it makes? Why does it make us? It's like fingers down a chalkboard for me, that.
Speaker 3: Is most definitely it's got.
Speaker 1: It's terrible evil stuff. I dread when I open up a package and there's polystone. Al Right, be lovely stuff. Thank you very much and give us school. Have a good day, thanks. Christian baye Irene, Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 2: I have an irrational fear of tomato sauce.
Speaker 1: Are you missing out? Oh? I mean well even as far as pizza, you can't even have the tomato sauce or the pizza.
Speaker 2: Well that's the difference. It's a ketchup, so tomato ketchip sauce, so tomato paste pure, that's fine. It's the ketchup that get that really send shivers down my spine.
Speaker 1: It's not interesting now, it's just been since childhood. So you could have any of the ketch up with chips or anything.
Speaker 2: So as far as I can remember, I think I can date it back to watching a movie and I was crying. I was about four years old and Mum said, it's not blood, it's not real. It's just tomato sauce. And I think it's from then I think, yeah, this is.
Speaker 1: Actually your child mind as development at the age of four. Ward they next time you see a bottle of ketchup, you're just saying to think it was a bottle of blood. Why would I want that? My chips, so all these.
Speaker 2: Families, so at the sight of a bottle. If if we're having dinner or something and my husband wants tomato sauce, I will sit further away from him so I don't see it. And if he doesn't put it away back in the fridge, I won't touch it. I'll leave it there and then throw it out like I'll get tongues and.
Speaker 1: Hazardous the tongues Irene. Awesome stuff. Thank you very much for sharing that with us this morning. No, thank you, all right, Lisa, Good morning, Lisa.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 1: All right, what's your unusual phobia?
Speaker 2: Mate?
Speaker 3: Oh? My unusual phobia is tenseful. So Christmas time is troublesome. I feel like the Grange. Although my family and friends are very supportive and no longer decorate with tins, which I really appreciate. We use other decorations. There's lots to douce from it. Christmas. I'm just avoid.
Speaker 1: People.
Speaker 3: Will it will care for my anxiety and also stop me from feeling constantly nauseous at Christmas time?
Speaker 1: And is it a texture thing?
Speaker 2: Again, it's a texture thing.
Speaker 3: I actually feel physically ill. I don't know if I'm scandaled, it'll attack me or attached to me or credible, completely irrational. And it's definitely Christmas time from basically October onwards is a nightmare.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And Christmas gets early and earlier each year, more of your year is gone.
Speaker 3: That's it. That's it. So I spend my time avoiding shops that have on their decorations.
Speaker 1: To every single shop, whether it's your butchers or anything, they've all got tensil in the window.
Speaker 3: That's it. I wear like those horse blinders at Christmas, Bell coming.
Speaker 1: Into attack with pincil Lisa incredible. All right, Lisa, thank you very much to share and have a good day.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys, you too.
Speaker 2: Bye. The Christian o'connells Show podcast,