Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Firms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 2: Happy Wednesday or whatever el state is. You're in the Flex and Firms podcast. Can I just say, don't want to shout at another podcast, but they're not really in our lane. I've been listening to Humman podcast. He is a Gandery human Andrew human. This US guy is like professor at Stanford. He talks about the brain and the body and optimization. But I would say, like in a very physiological and biological way, there's none of this like be healthy for this xyz. It's more explain yourself. It's none of that. It's explaining the physics and what not, the science behind things.
Speaker 3: And also because what they often do is go through like peer reviewed or trending information in like the science world that might might be too like cerebral for us to understand, and they break it down and say like this is what that means, and this is how you can implement it, and this is what you can do.
Speaker 2: If you're to google his videos, I think you would initially get a very much like Bro podcast Vibe, which we are not opposed to absolutely not, if anything, we advocate for Bro podcasts. When I see one, I see they are my brothers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kin for sure, Ah, but yeah, just stick with it.
Speaker 2: He did a really good interview with the chick who's a her fertility specialist.
Speaker 1: I can't remember a name, of course, and.
Speaker 2: She kept correcting him and it was amazing to hear because he took it really well. I was like, this is a genderless conversation, Like you're getting a school and you keep apologizing, and I'm like, oh my god, this is so refreshing to hear it from such a authority.
Speaker 1: He's not authoritative, but like, but an authority in his fe authority is field.
Speaker 2: And he's getting schooled by this woman and it's very mutually respectful. Yeah, and I thought, this is what it's like to have a conversation where there's no niceties. We're just two expects, experts exchanging conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If you are the listener, rather anyway, let's get into it. You're listening to Flex and Rooms on cater.
Speaker 3: I've got a really big question that I don't think has a definitive answer, but I'm happy to try. If you are, Please imagine you see a friend, close friend, best friend, partner, sibling, parent cousin post on Instagram on their Instagram story peraps something that will lose them having a hard time, but in a way that might incriminate you as their friends. So when a friend's like I just don't have anyone I can trust, or like, I just feel like, you know, I'm just overwhelmed there's no one I can lean on, or they say something like I just feel like, you know, you give me an example for me. You know, the types of things.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know who to turn to. I'm having a health issue that nobody understands.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, why is it that nobody reaches out when you need them the most? Things like that? Right, Things that are quite pointedly expressing that they're not doing well. But it doesn't necessarily feel like an invitation to reach out either. So I've seen a few people who I wouldn't really describe as friends to me anyway post things like this, and I obviously don't feel the need to reach out. I don't know you like that, But I'm thinking if one of my friends did this, would it have the desired effect, Like if someone I deemed to be close enough that we talk often enough, if I saw you do a vague subtweet esque post would I reach out? Because when I saw it, I'm like, I feel like you don't want anyone to reach out. This feels repelling in nature, you know. It kind of reminds me of every year when r Uakday comes around and people who have great support systems like this day is so silly, like who would need this? La la la la. Then people who have actually needed that are like, Oh, I just wish someone would have asked me if I was okay when I was going through a breakdown or when I was obviously acting in an erratic way or whatever, And I can never tell because I guess so much of like social media consumption is seeing TMI, like seeing people share so much and still knowing that like it's only meant for consumption. I'm not meant to break the fourth wall and engage with this girl doing a get ready with me to break with my boyfriend video?
Speaker 1: The Internet's interneting too hard? What do you reckon? I didn't think people still do this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but for me these days, the closest approximation I would see of that would be people resharing like some kind of depression meme that's like semi jo.
Speaker 1: I didn't see anyone do with this stuff.
Speaker 3: Gosh, And maybe it's because of I follow My network is probably a lot more like content creators and industry peers or stuff.
Speaker 1: But what do you think mine is?
Speaker 3: I don't know what yours is, freaks, but I definitely know what you're saying, Like I remember because of my choice meme curation, people like do you have BPD? And I'm like, what makes you say that? Like you always repost from this BPD account. I'm like, the memes hit. I don't know what to tell you, like the memes are, but I understand what you're saying. At a time, memes were a conversational tool. Now I'm like, these are funny, not necessarily relatable, but funny either way. But I feel like this is a dilemma because I keep reckoning with the idea of like durbut time when you were at a cafe for me and you overheard this conversation with those two guys and they said something like really cooked, and you didn't know whether or not to say anything or not to say anything, and we were kind of debating, like, well, if you don't actually care, then like, don't bother yourself, you know, like let yourself rest and then but also like wait, but then, what situations do we deem appropriate to step in and be the bigger person, the better person, the optimal person, or just the one who operates in.
Speaker 1: A way that is good.
Speaker 3: And so when I see people like crying for help in some capacity, and this is like a broad term, I'm like, damn, I don't know how to step in. I don't know if it's appropriate. I don't know what I'm signing myself up for. And I was trying to think, well, what's the worst that could happen? And I was like, the worst that could happen is I put myself in a position to offer someone help and rescind it, you know, like take it back, you know, put myself in a position where I'm like whoa, Like, hey man, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Like this looks hectic?
Speaker 3: And then it is actually quite hectic or I don't have the capacity or I feel like I don't actually don't want to deal with this because I didn't know that you were going through something that feels inherently personal that I don't have the capacity to help you in on. And then I'm just like okay, yikes, I got to go.
Speaker 2: This time to me before I think I've told you this. Where this chick who I talk about like certain things, like a colleague, and we talk about like mental health stuff. And then one time I came to her about this thing that we've spoken about. She's like, I just don't really have the capacity right now. And I went and I oop, and I oop and I'm scared.
Speaker 1: Oop and it ooped all the way back.
Speaker 2: So I just say, if you want to be it's.
Speaker 1: Not because you don't want to be a hero. You don't want to be a hero.
Speaker 2: But also like sometimes you have to put your I just like I'm in the wrong space, like put that language aside and fucking help somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Like if they come to you, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: But it's the observational thing, like as the viewer, I'm observing a post you made, is that are you giving me permission? Do you want me to ask? I don't know what's happening here. I feel like I'm losing my digital social skills. Is this just for clout or you want me to reach out?
Speaker 2: We need to make it lessons on how to deal with overshares. I like that I never thought about are you kday like that. I just to have this joke with someone saying it is it's you are Okay Day, like when people you know, how are you ok Day? Like ten years or whatever in a workplace, was like bring the cupcakes. It was that very like sanitized version of mental health. And so my friend would call it you are Okay Day because they'd like do what it works. So obviously you can't say I'm not okay. I don't even let you go to see everyone's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, great, okay.
Speaker 2: One hundred per But I never thought about it like that that for some people that actually is helpful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I only knew that from having a conversation with a close friend who I was like, yeah, this like I wonder who, like who is this for?
Speaker 1: And she was like I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, man, Like I've been going through some tough times and like I would have wished that someone had be like, hey, like what's good? What are you going through? And I was like, yeah, people really are looking for permission. And when you're someone who's like overtly exerted or outgoing or feels like you have permission to ask for help when you need help or reach out when you need assistance. I'm like, oh, yeah, I hadn't considered that there are truly people there who do have the support system who still feel like, yeah, no, I could never and I just need someone to like come to me anyway one tim ale over. I'm sure there'd be a thousand examples by next week, because the girl is to stay suffering.
Speaker 2: We're out here, yeah, Keeter flex and Froobs flex and frooms.
Speaker 3: If you're sensitive about hearing people say they don't like kids, this is not for you. I forever am a child supremacist, baby supremacists, even I think babies are probably like the most important people second to that redactive, redective, redactive, redacted, rejected. Everyone can go. Let's listen to this clip on TikTok though it'll sum it up for you.
Speaker 4: I would like to know when somebody is planning on opening an adults only suburb where everything in it is only for adults, because I'm so sick of going places and kids are just everywhere screaming and I just have to put up with it. At its own For a swim, they have their own pool and they're in the lap lean pool. Not swimming labs, just jumping in, screaming, and that's just allowed because they're allowed everywhere. I just feel like, for people like me that are evil and hate kids, we should have our own suburb where we can just be quiet and undisturbed.
Speaker 3: What I'm hearing is that we should start finding children. Definitely what came to mind.
Speaker 2: For punishments for all those undertakes.
Speaker 1: Get him in jail.
Speaker 3: No, I understand this theory, though I don't adult only suburbs like those.
Speaker 1: I don't really see kids around.
Speaker 3: Am I not in the right places unless they're my own family. I don't really see them around. Pick your place is better, though, I will say there is something to say about spaces that should be shared with kids need to be more defined. So even if you're going to like a family friendly restaurant, I was trying to find one the other day for my family, very vague. What about this establishment makes it friendly for a family because the kids, the seats are too low? You know, you're not playing pepper pig, you know what I'm saying? What's the other one?
Speaker 1: They love?
Speaker 3: Bluey starts with seeing he's French? Ruther do we no starts to see and he's French.
Speaker 1: What's his name? What's his name? Cahillippi? I've never heard of it. Do no go on there? What do you think? I will say?
Speaker 2: This sounds really good in theory, but what happens when you take chill out of a situation? Humans still will always have an element of play within them. What happened when I went to Bali last year. My sister and I had an adults only resort. Yeah, what ends up happening?
Speaker 1: You shut up?
Speaker 2: We're very cut up, and we started wrestling on the side next to the pool to push each other into the pool.
Speaker 1: Hours hours of fun. Everyone's going thirty thirty year old having wrestle fights.
Speaker 2: That's what happens when you know, I think we all need a playful vibe. We do, we do need to play, and so therefore I adjudicate and I say they should have a kid only neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Can I interject please really quickly.
Speaker 3: I think the reason why people don't dislike kids is because they keep on measuring kids behavior by adult standards. I can guarantee I've interacted with more annoying adults in a day to day than annoying kid. Kids operate from the same four needs and ones. I want to play, I want to eat, I want to be quiet, I want to be entertained, And you're not getting the vibe. If we learned how to deal with kids better, we learn how to deal with adults better, Because what are what are adults?
Speaker 1: Kids with me? Kids?
Speaker 3: People who were once identifiable as kids, who are still kids but not identifiable as kids.
Speaker 1: And that is the issue.
Speaker 3: Everybody I know that's not identifiably a kid is a big baby.
Speaker 1: And what do babies want to be swaddled? They want betty sickening. You're listening to flex and rooms on kata.
Speaker 2: I feel like we often talk about things like intuition, but perhaps don't have the exact definition of it. I speak from my own experience, not yours. I came across the TikTok that perhaps explains it for once and for all.
Speaker 1: Let's have a listen.
Speaker 4: How do you know when it's truly intuition and not wish for thinking?
Speaker 5: Because intuition makes you feel uncomfortable, fantasy doesn't.
Speaker 1: Now, are you better say that again?
Speaker 5: Intuition makes you feel uncomfortable, fantasy doesn't. It's that kind of funky feeling you meet somebody and you think, I've got to get to know that person. You don't know why, and somehow or other, with clear intuition comes a package of courage that you don't get with fantasy. This package of strength that you get is like a little battery gets plugged into your gut and it begins to boom boom boom boom throb constantly until you start doing something about it. And when you start following it, then you begin to experience the phenomenon of synchronicity. Whereas if it's a manufactured fantasy, you don't get that kind of help. You absolutely don't get that kind of help.
Speaker 1: You get closed doors.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you get closed doors, or yeah, if you've done something wrong and your whole system knows to try to silence that voice, it will not leave you alone.
Speaker 1: That feels premium spooky for you.
Speaker 3: For me, that feels you're going to the depths of the spookiest thing you could find, and you poured it out the Russian deep sea fishermen of spooky tiktoks?
Speaker 1: Are you going to the look? I actually didn't.
Speaker 2: Even listen to that before I brought it into the studio because I thought I would have a live react.
Speaker 1: I thought it was going to be something more about I actually thought it'd be something different.
Speaker 2: I was expecting her to be. Like take it from the angle of trust your intuition when it comes to something bad. For example, you meet someone and you get, oh, that's a bit weird. Intuition is when you send things are wrong, and fantasy is a little is something that's a little less hard get.
Speaker 3: Intuition never be good, though, I don't like that framing that intuition is so skewed to Like when you sent something bad or not right, can you be intuitively positive, like I'm getting a good vibe about this.
Speaker 2: No, because I think your fantasy plays into it, like some people want things to be good that nobody wants to.
Speaker 3: Be bad, like I think people I think stay with me. I think people over identify with bad things and they look for science to validate that. Because if my intuition told me that I clocked it first, I can validate my anxious mind or that my worrying mind, my intuition clocked it.
Speaker 1: That's a good thing.
Speaker 3: Where it's like your intuition can't see good, your intuition breaking your intuition, don't know duality maybe hmm.
Speaker 1: But also I don't think they're on.
Speaker 3: I think they're comparable, But I don't think it's helpful to put intuition and fantasy on the same spectrum because fantasy is just not inherently like this can't be in the realm of possibility, and intuition's always like this has to be in the realm of possibility.
Speaker 2: They can overlap, true because I think sometimes fantasy can be rooted in real life. Yeah, we all live a fantastical life. My life right now, someone's fantasy on. I think I get it. I will say maybe next time I'll do a bit more research before I bring a TikTok.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I was kind of going with the flow there.
Speaker 2: I must say I didn't completely said the music was getting me hyped up.
Speaker 1: But yeah, still, I think intuition is something.
Speaker 3: Why don't you give your own you know, like when you do that, it's usually spot on. Remember when you gave your definition of the distinction between hot, beautiful, and pretty and that was awesome. Your distinction between nice, good, and kind, that was great. When you try giving your distinction.
Speaker 1: Okay, how much time I got.
Speaker 2: I think that intuition and I'm just going off the top of my head right now. I actually I can't decide if it's something spooky or not, because in my mind, the things that I associate intuition with are women. I think women and intuition are the same thing.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean? Can I give you the Google definition? Please? I would love to do that for us.
Speaker 3: The ability to understand something instinctively without the need for conscious reasoning.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's a woman thing. Let's wrap, boys, let's rap. If you agree with me, you know why you agree with that. Only chicks can know. You know these are for girls only. I'll say that with my chest flex and frooms FLEXI.
Speaker 2: We have a listener submission. It's a voice note, no content. Let's play it hi plax.
Speaker 6: I was recently listening to the podcast where you were speaking about the corporate world and what's the best way to conduct yourself these days. I work in London and when I interview for jobs, I always try to be authentic. My theory is that often companies higher for the right fit of the team and the business. Like yes, experience counts, but I think that the culture fit is actually more important these days. But we've been taught to be so generic in these situations. Give the right answers, don't ask about the salary, where the pussy bo blouse kind of thing. But then if you get the job, what if you're the wrong fit because you actually don't fit in well with the teams, You can't collaborate well, and you end up hating it. So that's why I think be authentic and if they can't accept the tooth gym die Hare version of you, then you know it's not the right fit for you, and you can kind of be happy to get the job.
Speaker 2: Why does it sound like that chick recorded it while crawling under a carpet fighting.
Speaker 1: Turn minds that was crazy.
Speaker 2: And a little pussy bow blow moment. I gotta say I love that approach.
Speaker 3: I like that approach because I think that generally without context doesn't work for anyone or everyone. But I will say for a lot of people who being yourself isn't a blanket rule because too many of you people are terrible to be around. Okay, you should put on a mask every now and then. However, for a lot of these jobs, if you're the type of person who feels that they have the confidence and agency to leave when things aren't right. Then you should just be your exact self right because like you know that if it's not right, you'll leave. If you don't feel like you have the kahons to leave when things aren't right, then it would actually serve you to become the culture of the place you're entering.
Speaker 1: Right put on the mask where the pussy bo blouse and called a day. Let work be worked.
Speaker 3: Interesting though, because I do agree that companies higher for the personal fit or for like the vibe of the culture, because how many people do you work with?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 1: Like, how did you get this job? Scary do you do? Look here? I producer Brook get out Brook is the best? How dare you? How do you? Let's fight for it? I like thinking about it that way.
Speaker 2: I'd never thought about it as someone like, let's say I was going for a job. I never thought, oh, they're thinking about the culture fit. But the older I get and the more I talk to my friends who, for example, working corporate, sometimes they see other people get hired and it's like, that's why. It's not because they have more experience than you, It's because the person making the decisions sees them fit into a hole in the team.
Speaker 3: Pseudo nepotism. You know, we're just recruiting people who are like who feel like you. You're like I could work with them, they feel like me.
Speaker 1: That is what is.
Speaker 3: It's like, we like this, this feels like it makes sense. It's not facts, it's feelings.
Speaker 1: It's facts, not feelings. There we go, well, beware corporate world seems crazy.
Speaker 3: Good luck flex and Firms flex and fromes cater never miss a beat.
Speaker 2: I have a very exciting Wiki how for you. This is the segment where I tell you how to do things based on a website called Wiki How. Go check it out if you just want to upskill about things.
Speaker 1: That we've had it. We've had it in office, Blender, inch gear, Blender. We're back, I said, go check it out.
Speaker 2: If you want to learn a thing or two about things that don't actually matter, tell me why. The other day, flex I was faced with the impossible. Oh, I had gone Harris Farm, a very fancy obsess super marquette.
Speaker 3: Get the grapes there, everyone, they're in season, they're juicy, they're large, two bags, eleven dollars.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: I went to go make some burgers to pep up the mood of my house mate. I've been getting into my cooking lately, and I thought, I'm going to make some beef burgers with only the best ingredients, the Wago beef, the Breosh buns baked fresh, and some other trip some various trimmings. I get home, I start cooking. I cook all the ingredients to perfection. Mind, you cut the bread in half, put it into the oven. Chris fed up a little bit. I'm a Michelin star, babe, you are ha. And then it goes to assembling the burgers. And why does this create a fight environment in my house?
Speaker 3: First of all, too many cooks in the kitchen, I will say, if you're making food for your redacted household, solemn, sad, depressed. I don't know what's going on. Shut it, babe. We don't even need feedback in the kitchen. I'm only joking about a fight. She was very grateful for my l You've already soiled her character.
Speaker 1: Now we love her.
Speaker 2: So I went and did some investigating myself, some investigative journalism, and I've discovered the best way to stack a burger? Can I just get how do you think you should stack a burger?
Speaker 1: Okay, bottom bun.
Speaker 3: Then we would put a sauce and then maybe like a lettuce, then a cheese, then a meat, then a cheese no yes, and then and then a top burger.
Speaker 1: No tomato in this one or pickle? Okay, that was a conscious choice.
Speaker 2: Well you were pretty much bang on the way I did it. Yeah, I did onion, Oh like sorteta onions?
Speaker 1: Wait the bottom of the bread, yes, yes, and then onion.
Speaker 2: Bottom of the bread sauteed onion yes, burger burger patty that it already had cheese melted on it.
Speaker 1: I thought the onion would go on top of the cheese. Okay, then lettuce. Yeah it's too late. But what you were going to say is that you were wrong. I was wrong. Okay. How to stack a burger according to wikihou bun? And is this the best way? The only way? Is there? What's the criteria here? This is how to stack the perfect burger?
Speaker 2: Okay, bun sauce like which is yellow sauce, lettuce, tomato, patty, cheese, pickles, onion, tomato, sauce, burger fun.
Speaker 3: I guess it's about like the weight distribution the liquid.
Speaker 1: That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to put sauce in the bottom though, because it we'll get all salt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so, I guess controversial. That's a controversial.
Speaker 3: And there are too many variables, like what if you don't eat meat? What if it's a chicken burger? Do you put cheese in your chicken burgers?
Speaker 1: I like your cheese on it.
Speaker 2: Give one of them grilled camem beers. Wow, grilled the branded with camembert with a cranberry sauce. Well redacted redacted anyway, that's how you stacking berger. So glad it could be of service. FLEXI we just confuse everyone. We're like, wait, so do you and then you and so you you.
Speaker 1: Know, I've just got to question, what's this yellow sauce? Looking at me? Like, what's going on here? Mustard graven No, not for me, bro yellow sauce fast. I think we'll say.
Speaker 2: What we'll say is use your intuition when stacking a burgersition.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast.
Speaker 4: For more, Tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.