Speaker 1: Two times I had to merge across. Do you know who was in front of me?
Speaker 2: Oh not to langemrds lange mates, Okay, carry on.
Speaker 1: In front of me with a glorious sight a dad on an electric bike, no shirt on, gut hanging out, going down Oxford Street. Nice.
Speaker 2: I know where he was going, and I was trying to get out of the way.
Speaker 1: Cars just wouldn't let me pass.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't let me in, so you were stuck behind.
Speaker 1: I was stuck. Not the worst thing to be stuck behind.
Speaker 2: Sydney drivers are really ah.
Speaker 1: Drove past, look to my left. I was like, ash, welcome back to two going dads, Maddy.
Speaker 2: J and just then yeah, sorry, I wasn't expecting you to be so welcome back.
Speaker 1: Scared, I was like, put your shoes on you like.
Speaker 2: I did that. I was like, she stood up in her bed and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, this is the podcast all about parenting. It is the good. It is also the bad and the relatable. Thank you. If you've come for advice, don't do it. Don't It's like going to a Chinese shop and then asking for pizza. You're not going to get it.
Speaker 2: Chinese shop, Chinese restaurant, restaurant. What about those like takeaway shops to do it all?
Speaker 1: They do.
Speaker 2: They're like Chinese pizza kebabs. We have one down the road from us, Yeah, in Bondi, in Bronchi.
Speaker 1: In Bronti allowed it over there. But they do Brazilian Brazilian. They do Italian pizza pasta. They also do like pokey bowls as well. They you can get like schnitty, you can get smell the food poisoning. And one time I was so desperate it was the only place that delivering. I think it was a rainy day and the other the only ones open. It's like a Christmas Day. And they also like the unbelievable kids fish and chips as well. Beautiful the sponsor bellow down a Bronte, delicious, lovely. Happy Father's Day to me and to me, Happy Father's Day to you as well. One of the best dads I've ever come across, if not the best dad. Can I just say you're talking about yourself again. You have done such a great job raising two incredible children, and you should be so proud.
Speaker 2: Now I feel bad for not giving you a decent enough.
Speaker 1: Now That's fine, man. If you want to like shit on me. You are a doting dad. One of the dosingests right back at you. I'm not good compliments. How did you celebrate? How sounds great? Sounds like what a day? It was a nice day. It was hot, hot day. Look, it was just a general run of the middle day.
Speaker 2: It was good for the kids to be like, happy fasday. Little couple of little gifts and nothing too crazy.
Speaker 1: Couple of daycare gifts. Would you get?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I got the mug standards beautiful. I got the shitty artwork standard, which I told them my cherish forever. But now I don't know where it is. And I got some seeds, excuse me, seed links.
Speaker 1: It's like a little pot. What kind of plant was it? I don't know. I just put it somewhere from him. Have you planted it?
Speaker 2: He knows. I never do any gardening, but we can't because we're living with Frank, my father in law.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Frank, lovely man. Shut up. No, he is love it.
Speaker 2: But Bob, his partner is a real green thumb.
Speaker 1: So you gave you heard he was like he But other than that, No, what about you? How did you celebrate? I've got a couple of gifts from the kids. Both Marley and Lola gave me the exact same gift from daycare, which was barbecue seasoning like a barbecue like like a Cajun seasoning. Like. It was exact same from both. So I opened lollles and she was like, closu your eyes, Daddy. This is while I'm still in bed, and I'm like, oh, it's barbecue seasoning, which is great. And then Marley was just as pumped and like, that's my turn. And then I was like, I remember thinking as well I felt it. I was like, it's just quite similar, same seasoning. Yeah, So daycare. Not to criticize, because I'm very appreciative of what you've given the kids to give me, but mix it.
Speaker 2: Up options clerical error. Think of all the days that only got one sashe of barbecue. Yeah, it sucks to you.
Speaker 1: But then I was pretty keen to go to the calf. I saw you got breakfast in bed, how did you well, I wanted to go to the calf. I wasn't really that keen on cafe calf. Hang on, is that what you call it? Or is that what you think it's called. It's called the calf. It's called a calf. It's a cafe, yeah, old calf. What do you want to call it? Cafe calf? Sure, let's not hung up on the minor details. Marlie was really excited. She had it fixated into her little brain that she wanted to make me breakfast in bed's sweat. She had one of our cheese boards that she had boards, thank you. She had decorated it with some leaves and some bark and other ornaments from the garden native they were, I think they were native. A few succulent leaves as well. Laura was like, don't touch my plants. And I in the morning, I said, I want to go to to go out of my breakfast and Marley was like, no breakfast in bed. I was like, well, it's my father's date. It's my decision. She was like, should get back to bed and right now. She wouldn't allow me to go get breakfast sales, but I had to wait there. She made me breakfast in bed. Finally came upstairs, gave me the plate toast on it, delicious peanut butter. Love that, and then Laula was like, and then she ate the toast. You got nothing she gave me or she gave me a corner of crust that was like half warm from saliva. Oh, very kind of, very kind. And then I clean the house. Dude, that was it?
Speaker 2: What a That's just a dad day, just a normal dad is a classic dad day.
Speaker 1: Father's Day is the day to be more of a dad.
Speaker 2: So it's like, clean the house, what the bumps, get them, bath, get out of bed.
Speaker 1: Job done.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well, great, happy Father's Day and have a fast day to all the dads out there.
Speaker 1: We love you. Shut up? Can I be empathetic? Couldn't? Like? Can I be a lot sympathetic? Is that I don't even.
Speaker 2: Know the words, but having Father's Day to all the dad's out there, I have.
Speaker 1: To admit something to you, Ash, Yep, And look, it's not easy for me to be this honest with you on the podcast in front of our audience. Are they here, they're listening on. When you've talked about shooting yourself, my approach, my reaction to that, a knee jerk reaction, if you will, has always been like, how how does that happen? You've done it? Ash? Over the weekend there was an incident, do you know what? Weirdly, I wasn't hungover. It wasn't off the back of a really spicy meal. I was just doing a simple WI standing obviously standing, we enjoying the Wii. The whee was great, the we was flowing. Everyone was having a good time except midw My body was confused in that moment. Somehow my body thought that we were sitting down for a week and it was time to do a poop. And it just well like, as I was relaxing mid there's a moment I think, Midwi where you find a moment of inner piece and you shiver. You're like and I had to catch myself because my body was about to do a poop. I was like, body, what are you doing? We're standing up.
Speaker 3: Body was like, WHOA, my bad. I read the did that scene completely wrong? Okay, We're back to work, back to the office. My day was was going to continue. Yeah, And then I thought I felt something. I went went back to the bathroom. I inspected we had a bit of leakage.
Speaker 1: Nugget. No, I wouldn't say nugget. I'd say a.
Speaker 2: Kiss like a Hershey's kiss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a Hershey's kiss, but it was it like it was a it was a good kiss. It was a bit of tongue. Oh, and my favorite undies as well. But then the hard thing was ash. Hard thing was I was one where I was debating. I don't know how you approach this, like do I wash the undies or do I just throw them out?
Speaker 2: I got a rinse and wash like it's not it's not like you murdered someone in them.
Speaker 1: I thought I would get rid of them.
Speaker 2: Okay, so gone. I thought you were white.
Speaker 1: You need to rethink that part of your wards. Now I'm at an age where white undies are no longer an option.
Speaker 2: I just think altogether, what undies should be abolished for men? Women increase them, men abolish them. I think it's offensive.
Speaker 1: So I wanted to get rid of the mash. And the problem was my mum was standing in the kitchen, yeah, and she was standing near the sorry, she was standing in the toilet in the kitchen. She was Mum was standing in the kitchen near the bin. And so I had to then like take the undies off, wrap them up nice and tight so they would fit in my hand. And I had to then like walk over to the bin and like in an unsuspicious manner, put the onundies in the bin. But there you did well. I also, mum's seventy two, so she's easy to fall. Yeah. I feel like I could come in with a unicorn.
Speaker 2: A mom would just be like, it would have been really, really funny if you're like, Mum, hold this for a seconds.
Speaker 1: Popped me in the hand, walked away, and then I looked in the mirror afterwards, I was just like, who am I? Welcome to the club? My friend. Once every few months I put.
Speaker 2: Myself and it's it's a good wake up call to remind you.
Speaker 1: It's like a reset that you're.
Speaker 2: Alive and you're here. I, for one, at the moment, would love to ship myself. I'm extremely constipated, and that's because of all of the codeine I have been taking from a sore tooth.
Speaker 1: What is the limit? What is the maximum length of time one person can continuously take coding? Well, forever, I guess I don't know. Here's the the thing.
Speaker 2: I went to the dentist, as we know, last week, and he gave me some codeine to band aid the paint.
Speaker 1: The dentist gave you coding, He gave me a script. Did they do that? Obviously? They are again.
Speaker 2: I went to well the chemist willingly gave me the from the doctor scripts.
Speaker 1: Hang on a second, this is from a dudess.
Speaker 2: And it said one at a time, and then the cameras said to me, you can take two at the time.
Speaker 1: It's fine, and I was like can.
Speaker 2: The amount of coding they gave me was for to band aid up until the extraction. I went through it in about three days because I was.
Speaker 1: In that much pain. Yeah, you were, you called me wailing on the phone.
Speaker 2: And now I have an addiction to prescription painkillers.
Speaker 1: No, but I was like, oh god.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna need some more. And I was like, you know what, I'm going to try and get this tooth out earlier rang them up and they had a cancelation.
Speaker 1: I just love. I love that the only people who can help you were those who have been beaten down by ash Wicks for such a long period since they started this podcast, and they've been coppy and shot after shot after shot from you, and now now you're on your hands and he's begging. It's a credit to their public service.
Speaker 2: They could easily just be like, no, this guy obviously doesn't know about that, so foolger.
Speaker 1: Now I'm like, you listen to our podcast. Yeah. He's like, what do you do? And You're like, oh, we have a podcast. It's all about how great dentists are.
Speaker 2: What was the problem with your tooth? It was a I don't know, it just hurt a lot. It's an old feeling tooth that was.
Speaker 1: Heard a lot.
Speaker 2: It was dead dying, No, it was it was irritating the nerves underneath it.
Speaker 1: Right, So the options are roots. Options were root canal too expensive.
Speaker 2: He sat me down, he turned the lights off, he turned the lamp on my face.
Speaker 1: He said, how badly do you want to keep this tooth?
Speaker 2: I said, I'm not that attached to it, to be completely honest. It's attached to my head, but I'm not that attached to it emotionally. So let's remove it. But because I'm such a scady cat, I was like, can we somehow knock me out? He's like, no, may, It's going to cost you like three or four times, way more.
Speaker 1: Than that would be such a scaty cat. Let's just rip it.
Speaker 2: Out of your head. So you go in take these three sleeping tablets. I don't know if this is legal. I don't know whether these dancers is really shifting garage, I mean his basement.
Speaker 1: I'm tired up. I was coming out. I got no pants on them. It's necessary and yeah, I think like.
Speaker 2: It's like doesn't put you to sleep, but it makes you git out of it.
Speaker 1: I was pretty out of it.
Speaker 2: I was really enjoying it, and I actually fell asleep.
Speaker 1: Let the lead up, and then they woke me out.
Speaker 2: I was like, anyway, so they had to take the tooth out because it was like, unless they were to do the root canal, I'll try and save the tooth. Its best to rip it out. Now I'm going to be holding my head.
Speaker 1: May I ask you just really quickly, did you get any second opinion from April in regards to saving the tooth or losing the tooth?
Speaker 2: Nah? She said get it out. She wanted to get me complaining. She was honestly so over it. She was at the point where I like, on my tooth's like oh, she was like no, actually that's right. I was in bed and I was like, oh god, I can't get up my mouth. She's just like, you can't decide when it's too sore to get out of bed, when it's too sort not to get out of it.
Speaker 1: So get out of it. And I was like okay, So.
Speaker 2: Managed to squeeze in on the Monday, which is two days ago, and I do have a present for you.
Speaker 1: Please are you ready? Oh?
Speaker 2: It's so big it is my tooth.
Speaker 1: I want to put it as a necklace. I was thinking that might need to clean it first, probably.
Speaker 2: It's so long. It's that long tooth. Anyway, there's a hole in my head now.
Speaker 1: So long. Dude, Hang on a second. There's a big black mark in there, isn't there. What's your professional opinion what that fucking guy is? Yeah? Pretty bad? What's the black stuff mean?
Speaker 2: There's a little bit of good in all of us?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So do you want to keep it? I don't want to take you too. No, it's yours, just to keep. You'll never ever forget me. Thank you, You never forget.
Speaker 2: Whenever you're facing yourself with a hard decision, look to the tooth. Hold the tooth, hold it, look to it and go what's the right move here?
Speaker 1: And the tooth will tell you. Well, look who it is. Look who came barging? You had one job. Don't come in and you've come in? What do you forget? Are the keys.
Speaker 2: Hey, April, do you love me any less now that I'm less of a man because I'm missing a tooth?
Speaker 1: That's what you told me last night. Hi April? Are you going? Where are you going? By the way, You're going to Egypt? Very good? Is some of your best ways?
Speaker 2: Is that right? Is that geographically correct? For those of you wonder out of the Cairo and said to Egypt, that's what living with me is like.
Speaker 1: She's not coming back. Can you just open your can I see? I see? Yeah, we'll get a close up of it. So what's the recovery like right now? Yes, that was a bit. They stitch it up because no, it's just it's it's a vacant hole. I'm listening. Yeah, So they leave it as is for now.
Speaker 2: I've had a few messages from people that are also had theirs out, also criticizing my lack of being able to stay strong against dentists.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you a story just really quickly, go really quickly. This is in the UK. I lived in London and told us for thirty second. Just for those people who are new to the podcast, I lived in London for four years. You haven't been listening for the last fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: And man hasn't told you lived in London for a four months lived.
Speaker 1: It's a great city. I recommend it. If you couldn't call it living for four years, sure, that's that's living. I had a passport, that's living. Had a passport, Yeah, just an accent. I fucking I was. I was in London. Yeah, and my fucking mate was okay. There was a friend of ours was a dentist, and you know, as I was still as a dentist, I think I won't say your name Charlotte. It's not Charlotte. And you know, we're talking about what life is like as a dentist. And I said, you know, have you ever made a mistake and she goes, oh, yeah, absolutely. One time she was extracting a tooth and then she extracted the tooth, looked at the X ray and went, oh shit, took the wrong tooth out, wrong side. I was like, I got to take the right tooth out. That person woke up and they said, look, good news, bad news, bad news. We found another tooth that also needed to come out. The good news is that we took it out. Didn't charge you anything extra because you were under you're welcome, and the patient was like, thank you so much. That's so kind of you.
Speaker 2: That's why they marked the leg in surgeries, because like we've got to remove a leg. There's one with gangering, one without gangering. I think the one with gangering needs to be good movie, just in case.
Speaker 1: They've put a cross on this one, so not this one. It's lucky that you got the right tooth out. Yeah, he didn't wake up when you also that ash. The good news is.
Speaker 2: We've got no but I can see the mistake there because the sea through and I mean, all those years of training.
Speaker 1: I love how all of a sudden you're the dentist sympathizer. Who would have thought we'd be here? I got a clean while I was there. They asold me, what do you think you're doing? WHOA? Hang on, buddy, we're good friends. Remember it's nerf for nothing. I don't know what you mean. You have an interesting look in your eye. Do you know what this is? Yeah, of course I know what that is. It's it's nerve.
Speaker 2: It's not any old nerve, Matthew.
Speaker 1: It's the end series. What's the end series?
Speaker 2: It's extreme, it's got extreme accuracy, speed and distance. This one in particular is actually called a pinpoint large scope.
Speaker 1: It's the world like it and it's got a ten dark cartridge. See that can just relax please when we're doing a podcast, you can relax when you sleep. Speaking of nerf actually, who do you think would win a battle between the Johnson's or the Wicks, Look, any team that lolls in. I'm worried. I'm scared.
Speaker 2: She's a renegade, she's an animal, she's untrustworthy, and she's so good at gas lighting Pip. She would drag you in with a false sense of security and then bang.
Speaker 1: She's actually got a very good aim on her as well. Her hand eye coordination is impeccable. Mike is not so much Oscar. Yes, I reckon he would do all right.
Speaker 2: He's small, slender, so he'd be able to hide Macy clumsy.
Speaker 1: No, it's not Macy. I'm worried about.
Speaker 2: It's April April with an ND series lethless parenting hack. I also find the nerf End series very helpful around the house.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, Well, when I run.
Speaker 2: A bath and the kids don't get in it, I come after him with a NERF.
Speaker 1: They get in pretty quick. That is very clever. It's really sad to watch Mazie run from me. She waddles. Enjoy next level play with the all new Nerve N series, perfect for active fun. So grab your kids and get out doors for action packed excitement with Nerve, available now from all leading retailers.
Speaker 2: And matt Before we get back to the show, well.
Speaker 1: I think we should probably ash if you ash hush as men. As dads, we're very lucky, Ash, We're very lucky in that we're the first generation of dads. Actually, people got very angry when I was like, we're the first generation of hands on parents on mass Do you know who got angry without the people that weren't hands on. Well, there was one dad who was like, oh, it was hands on with my kids. I was like, I don't know about like my dad was hands on. I sweats like, no he wasn't. So we can go to any kind of environment out of the house, like going grocery shopping with the kids. Other parents look at us emails and they're like, wow, I know the bar's really like boomer mums for example, boom mums look at us and we don't deserve it, but they look at us, and they think, gosh, like, what an amazing dad. When we're doing the bare minimum. I take it. Well, I'll take it any day of the week.
Speaker 2: Little they know, I'm shotting for a boys trip.
Speaker 1: I have found a location where the praise is almost too much. I'm listening. So, I don't know if you've ever taken Macy to get her nails done. No, not yet, dude. I think she's young. She's too young. I've seen you do. I thought about it, so I do it to the girls. It's like seven bucks, her kid, get nails done and sit still. Now they do the first few. The poor poor guy was like, all right, here we go, last nail, and then Lola would go yeah, move her hands and go fuck startle everyone. Well there for hours. But I'm telling you, if you feel like maybe there's a day that you're struggling as a parent, you're not doing enough, just take your child, go to the nail salon and just the looks of the other women in that nail salon as you're there with your child picking out colors. It's restless. It is unfucking believable. Yeah, yeah, I'm going to I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to go into bat for you here say that that's a very modern man thing for you to do.
Speaker 1: Like, that's I don't I've never like I always did. I sit there. I sit there and I get ten minutes a piece and quiet whilst my girls get their nailstone. It's great. So it's like that's top tier dadding, I think because i've it's you think how you're going to an al salon, like what a good dad? You know, what a great guy's outstanding? Ye're not afraid to do anything that's s like you know not, you know.
Speaker 2: Because you get yours done every now and then, don't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't get it done.
Speaker 2: Should we take all four kids because Oscar would be super keen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you love it?
Speaker 2: All four kids, two dads. If there's a nail salon out there that would love.
Speaker 1: Us to come and do it, im key for that. Bring bring the family our feet done. I love that. Yeah. What about those little fish that eat your feet? That's scamping scam. Yeah. So just any any dads out there who are listening and just prepare yourself the absolute onslaught of praise. Like mum, another mum was getting a nails done and she's like, I just think that's so lovely that you're taking your girls here. And I was like, it's no big deal, nob, I'm just doing what I can. My my wife's interstate at the moment, so she but that's fine.
Speaker 2: She's just trying to put food on the table. But she's also absent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, someone's got to take them out out right. You know.
Speaker 2: It's like, it's not me than who I'm going to try it. I think we should try it, and we should all do it together.
Speaker 1: Two gay dads, we're not doing Those ladies from the bookstore are like they walk past and they are again, they're lovely. There's two gay dads. They've got four kids between the Oh my goodness, Yeah, it's two broken marriages. Mums were absent. Ash. We spoke last week about the new kind of kind of calling it a segment. It's called parenting hack of fuck that. It's where we look at a video that's been posted on social media. They're a parent who are suggesting they have an idea, a concept, a way of making parenting groundbreaking, making parenting better or easier.
Speaker 2: And look, honestly, we do come across videos out there that the hack is groundbreaking.
Speaker 1: I had one where I don't know if your kids use it. The little beads that they put on, they place the bead on your shape and your iron the beads and they then make a shape. But they fucking go on the floor all the time. But if you put a sock in the that was good, and then you can you can suck up all the beads and they get stuck in the sock. Job done, parenting hack absolutely. Last week's fuck that was it parently suggested that you wake up your kids after they've gone to bed to get them a surprise.
Speaker 2: Moving anyway, they're already awake for the majority of the day. Have a movie date. So this week sounds great?
Speaker 1: This week, Ash, I've got a new video.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, we'll show me. I feel like I bring nothing to the table. You're the one who's always got there. I promise next week.
Speaker 1: No, your rage last week was more than a night.
Speaker 2: Rage because I just think it's not fair on the child. I think that's selfish for your own gratitude. But then to be able to post a video about it like I'm such a great parent, You're a ship parent.
Speaker 1: Well sorry, well said, that's that's you're filling my cup. That's what I wanted to I'm filling your cup with what? Okay, Ash, do you think this is a parenting hack or fuck that? Yes, I'm loving this road trips.
Speaker 2: Am I going in the mindset of road trips?
Speaker 1: Got a big driver ahead of you asking your kids? Do you need to go the toilet? You don't. Okay, let's get in the car. Let's set off. Okay, we're off, We're driving. I'm watching No. Nope, no no, no, nope, no no, no, no, no no no. This is a product you can purchase online.
Speaker 2: Right, so let me just explain what I'm looking at here. It's a product that someone's purchased that unfolds, goes onto the four of the car.
Speaker 1: It's like a flat pack. Comes as a flat packed cardboard box. Yeah, it looks like there's a plastic liner. It opens up to a potty. So the kid sits on it.
Speaker 2: That kid's way too big for that partty first of all, and then they shit in it. You wrap it back up and then go on your day.
Speaker 1: And then what do you do? Dump it in and be Okay, what about Ash? Hear me out? Nighttime? Nighttime road trip. You're on the side of a cliff. Why would I be on the side of a cliff. I don't know where you're driving, brod maybe up in the mountains. Maybe it's snowing right, so it's it's hard to then do a bush wheel bush poo. So you need to do that business in a place that's quite close to the car. You want to shit next to the car? I think it's demeaning. What shitting next to a trees?
Speaker 2: Not?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's you're in nature. You're in nature.
Speaker 2: You go, you go am being really out in the sticks and that well, you dig a hole down river.
Speaker 1: But maybe not up river. Hey, what about I don't know how long your children take to poo? Mine take a little while? Do they a little while? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oscaus PSI is unbelievable. Makes he still shits in nappies. But look, I would highly doubt you know how strange kids are. There's a bigger chance of my kids shit doing a bush poo then sitting on what looks to be a magician's hat.
Speaker 1: To take a shit.
Speaker 2: He'd be like, what is as if it's going to support his weight. He'd end up shitting and falling back into it. I think I think someone's tried to cash in and make some money on idiots.
Speaker 1: That's what I think about that. So it's not a hack.
Speaker 2: I think the hack is if your kid needs to shit, you pull over, find a bush the old fashioned way and go here.
Speaker 1: I'm watching.
Speaker 2: I'm here to protect you while she poo out here, and then I'll get the wipes, wipe it up. The shit's gone into the soil. Perhaps a tree grow.
Speaker 1: That's a hack. This is not a hack. This is I'm scared that, Mike. I'm trying to protect my kids. It's over complicating situation. I think.
Speaker 2: Also, it's way too pretty colored. It could be mistaken for one of those gifts bags. Next minute you're given a friend a bag of ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah you need to you need to have the shape and color like shit.
Speaker 2: It needs to be off putting. I think they're trying to cash in on something that's.
Speaker 1: Okay, well said, Well, so it's not a hack.
Speaker 2: It's a fuck that ye first, should we do no before we move on, I've got something really quick for you. Please, But I've got something i just want to bring up that I've just stumbled across Matthew Johnson, and I didn't know this you're very humble man, and you haven't brought this to my attention, nor has anybody brought this to my attention until I'm sitting across from you.
Speaker 1: A man via man, dad via dad. You've been nominated for an award. Yeah, it's weird. I didn't know that. I didn't know that I was a scam. I think you've been scam.
Speaker 2: So no, just to give some context of the listeners, matt has been as a finalist of the Boody.
Speaker 1: Awards whatever that is never heard of.
Speaker 2: It still an honor for a content creator, change maker of the year.
Speaker 1: So the weird thing is ash weird thing is like, I've not really done anything in the mental health space.
Speaker 2: But it's it's for children's mental health. For You've done some starlight.
Speaker 1: Stuff, didn't it. Yeah, but not enough to like you do more than what I do.
Speaker 2: You're up against some pretty heavy competition.
Speaker 1: I don't know how I got nominated, but it's a public vote. It's a public vote, so look listen.
Speaker 2: No, I mean we need to make sure that Matthew J and I will be plugging this.
Speaker 1: I'm honored to be nominated, but it's not required. It is required the award. The awards are in Brisbane. I'm not finding Brisbone for the awards. Bring the kids.
Speaker 2: We just start to go fund me for Matthew. I'm both impressed and proud of you.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: So if you want to go and vote for matt you can at Boardy Awards their Instagram. I'm going to put it on my story. Thank you and every day very kind of it's announced. I appreciate now.
Speaker 1: I don't do this for the recognition, ash, So let's go to We're going to do lies. We've got some cracking lies today, so let's get into it.
Speaker 2: Tell me loud. Tell this one's from Tilly. Hey Tilly, it's going to get dark real quick, so I would just maybe remove.
Speaker 1: The enthusiasm out of your voice.
Speaker 2: We can get it back afterwards once we've recovered. My older sister told me my mother was on a business trip. When I was old enough to notice other kids had mum and a dad.
Speaker 1: I think I was four or five. Bear with me.
Speaker 2: My dad allowed me to believe this rather than explain the concept of death.
Speaker 1: My mum was dead. I know that is bad parenting. Oh my god, is like proper. That's a lot Dard. Yeah, that is. That is one hell of a light. Also just the best case example of boomer parenting. Oh yeah, just run with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she said, I'm not mad about it.
Speaker 1: I probably wouldn't have understood the truth anyway. So like she's obviously still very close with her dad. Taking that very well. First of all, sorry about your mum, very sorry. Second of all, it's kind of sad. Jesus Christ. At what point do you then do then say, sorry, she's not on that sales conference, She's dead. It's kidding, Like, how do you how long was the sales conference? How she's been on that conference for years? Yeah? I know, when do you?
Speaker 2: I suppose like when you're in an age to understand you would just but.
Speaker 1: There's always going to be that period where you're like six or seven and you're still running with the conference business trip line. Yeah, oh god, just beyond my mine. God's say. This one is from Courtney.
Speaker 2: Hello, Courtney, Hello Courtney Morbid.
Speaker 1: I lived in London for four years. That's very good. Close my eyes. It felt like I was right back on Oxford Street. I tell you in London, Courtney the lie I told my four year old last week we were at Costco having pizza in the food court Delicious and ash an alarm went off in the store. My son then asked why it was going off. I told him it goes off when kids are being naughty and don't listen or eat their food. I then watched a parent leaving the store with their child and pointed to them and said to my son, see that kid must have been naughty. They're been taken out of the shop. Let's say it worked. He ate his dinner a bit quieter than usual.
Speaker 2: I love a perfectly timed why, especially when there's someone and you're like, see.
Speaker 1: That's him and he's crying.
Speaker 2: You're like, perfect, relie that it's I could easily be the truth because it was in this instant. Before we move on, I've got one that I've been using as I've had my tooth out. Now, I've been using my tooth with Oscar forget him to brush his teeth properly, because he's not. It's not the act of him put getting the toothbrush to his mouth.
Speaker 1: He just sucks on it. Oh, it's so annoying. They go finished and you go you can't just eat the tooth properly. Do it properly?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's on adult toothpaste now because this happened when he got the crown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the kid's stuff wasn't strong enough. No, it's too tasty. What was the first few times of him having like a full strength mint to clips?
Speaker 2: There was one stage where he had the toothbrush up to his mouth.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do it. It's not that bad.
Speaker 2: So I've been like, I've had a two thousand, So every time now I'm like, do you want to look like this?
Speaker 1: And this follows with him that's not this is what you want. Hold it up, grabbed him by the collar and like, this could.
Speaker 2: Be you get him out of my size.
Speaker 1: It's not really a lie. It's kind of the truth. That's how it happened to me.
Speaker 2: But it's it's working, and Macy's just equally as terrified.
Speaker 1: So that's my lie for the week. Perfectly time lies. Perfectly time lies. Yeah, and we have some questions. We do. We have a couple quick questions. Do you have some questions? This one is from me and she says, I'm returning to work after having my first child and he will soon attend daycare. I feel like I know exactly what your answer will be ash, but she wants to know if it's okay to dress her child in daycare clothes the night before to save morning time the following day. Like you kind of want to what was that noise?
Speaker 2: You kind of want to give them, like you kind of want to give parents like that as like you just I'm always like just doing your best. I think it's okay if it's pajama week, pajama day, whatever, because that's just like the best week of the year, because it's like after school the.
Speaker 1: Rule books out the window.
Speaker 2: But I get Look, I get it. If you every kid's different. If it's like I always argue with Oskar in the morning's like get dress and he's too busy doing something else. But if they're dressed before, But also they could smell like sleep, you know what, their kids develop a complex?
Speaker 1: How old? Well, what does sleep smell? Do you know what I'm talking about? Sleep stinks?
Speaker 2: It's just like this artistic am I.
Speaker 1: Are you smelling sleep? Smells? Like? What this smells like sleep? I don't know. I can't. That's that's the only description I could give you. People know what I'm talking about? Do they out? Let's find out if you know what sleep smells like. Let us know it's I've never smelled sleep.
Speaker 2: I'll smell yourself, my friend, because you stink. It also depends how old the kid is.
Speaker 1: I must be a year old. This kid still a baby, still be bear, So okay, there is. It goes against the groin. It goes against what we've been taught. Okay, you go to bed, you wear pajamas, you wake up, you were your daytime clothes. I do have a friend. Their child used to be really tricky in the morning to get dressed. They then used to pick out the clothes the night before and put them to the side, so in the morning, they're like, the clothes are right there, will get dressed over time. He would then get so excited because he pick out his clothes at nighttime, he'd want to start wearing them right He Now he goes to bed wearing the clothes for the following day. He also wears socks and shoes to bed, and she tries to when he's asleep. She tries to take the shoes off them, and he's like, I got ja, what do you think you do?
Speaker 2: I got a backflip play on. I think like I was being a bit harsh. I think do your best, that's it. I don't want parents to feel like I'm judging them on that or making them feel bad. So I would say, if it helps you play on, do it, do it. Do it feels natural?
Speaker 1: What's your question?
Speaker 2: My question comes off the back of something I heard. It was a question that we did get asked by an anonymous There's a particular radio station in the mornings here sometimes they do afternoon shifts.
Speaker 1: Fitting Whipper and Kate Richie Wople were talking about people.
Speaker 2: Was talking about the city of the Surf, which we did, which we did, and he was talking about his kids were saying, Hey, can we run on ahead? And he was like, yeah, fine, go ahead, And his wife said.
Speaker 1: Are you an idiots?
Speaker 2: And there's this ninety thousand people here and he's like, the joke's on you.
Speaker 1: I've air tagged kids.
Speaker 2: So then we also had a question to come is it okay to track your kids?
Speaker 1: I'm really torn by this one. I'm really torn ash whether it's against their will or their knowledge or not. I think I think there's no harm. There's no harm in letting the kids know that they've got a track to say, track tracks hunting. Is it okay to.
Speaker 2: Track and hunt your children?
Speaker 1: Yeah, on a deserted island, I think. Imagine this. Imagine at the shopping center you lose oscar, right, you cannot find it. Imagine if you thought to yourself, like, if only I had put a little tracker in his shoe, you know, if someone has taken him, we could find him right now. Very true. And you know, for the sake of like wanting to have consent from your five year old kid, because I think morally there's that question of like do I need them to consent to being tracked or not? I think when they're four or five you don't need that level of consent because they don't know any guess they're not old enough to consent.
Speaker 2: That was like, yeah, okay, because it's going to think it's cool they have magic shoes.
Speaker 1: You're like, have magic shoes that allow mom and dad to find out where you are?
Speaker 2: Will that make them wander off more? Though they know they'd be like, well, mum can track me. I don't think we are equipped to give the correct answer. First of all, I.
Speaker 1: Think you can track them up to twelve, Okay, up until twelve. They're trackable without consent. I know it's a scary one to think.
Speaker 2: I think, if I'm going to track my kids, I'm going to have the conversation with mum as well, right, I think.
Speaker 1: But there's no there's no malice intent with wanting to track your kids. And that's why I think it's okay if your kid is like fourteen or fifteen and you're like, I don't know, you're trying to let them live. Let them live their lives. They're going to make the mistakes again. Yeah, anyway, but obviously you cannot track other adults. I know who you are.
Speaker 2: It's all a bit ecky for me.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to say it.
Speaker 2: I think for the safety wise, like you said, okay, I see that, But at the same time, it's just something about it gives me the yick.
Speaker 1: Yes, I can appreciate that. Yeah, but I'm going to get some apple tag. I'm not going to sit here and say what we did was wrong. I think micro chipping, we're not there yet. What he did wasn't wrong.
Speaker 2: I think what was wrong about what he did is that his wife didn't know.
Speaker 1: She may have loved that he was being proactive.
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't know what their relationships.
Speaker 1: Like, but I just think that if.
Speaker 2: You're going to be if we talk about parenting, trying to be a united front. If I'm turning around, if my wife's turned around to me saying, are you a fucking idiot?
Speaker 1: You're going to lose the kids you like? Jokes on you? They're air tagged perfect. That's my answer. I want to brand my children back in the old days. You'd be like, please return to I don't hate the idea, but I do agree. I'd probably have to flag it with Laura, who knows as well.
Speaker 2: Who can tap into that tracking device? That's another thing. If you can with payWave now you can walk past someone and they can take your card. Maybe if they can pick up an air tag, that that kid's air tag, let's fucking follow him home.
Speaker 1: Cars, you're another question? Is the world flat or round? Are you?
Speaker 2: I'm not a conspiracist, are you? No?
Speaker 1: I'm just saying people are tracking. Did man land on the moon? That's the next question.
Speaker 2: Please don't belittle my opinions.
Speaker 1: I think it'd be sad.
Speaker 2: I appreciated this to any serious, any serious answers to anything moving forward?
Speaker 1: Is that what you wanted from this? I appreciate it, and if you have appreciated this episode, please subscribe, don't view exit music. I need to get out of this house Ashes wearing an Alfoyle hat right now because because they're all listening, and send it to anyone else who think we'll enjoy listening to us talking about tagging kids and also any questions, any lies pay tag wild Life for research. Okay, I'm just saying, maybe you shouldn't tag your kids, but what you should do is buy them what people are calling the best book ever written for kids. Two Doting Dads the question three times. I think it's Amazon. It's like twelve bucks. Also twelve bucks maybe online best place we've written a book that I'm sure you've heard us talk about many times. It's one that the kids will like and hopefully the adults will also enjoy as well. Agreed, it's not a book about two go dads. That's our next adults only. We're going to get out of here, Bye bye, Yeah, keep going. Yep Ah, I'm alive. There is Two Doting Dance podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and the connections to land, sea and community.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to their elders past and present, and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torrestrate Islander peoples today.
Speaker 1: This episode was recorded on Gadagal Land.