Speaker 1: People do some weird ship.
Speaker 2: This is it.
Speaker 3: This is a big one.
Speaker 1: This is for the girls, this one. Some things make more sense than the others. Whimsy lohanded in the face after trying to.
Speaker 2: Take a boy away from a mother.
Speaker 4: You're a good little boy.
Speaker 2: I won't even do.
Speaker 1: This yourself for observations you didn't ask for.
Speaker 3: That's the line.
Speaker 4: I see it quite clearly.
Speaker 2: We'll get new glasses.
Speaker 1: A couple of mitches.
Speaker 2: One is clearly better than the other one.
Speaker 1: Now here is Mixturi and Mitchell coo. Well here we are.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so you're going to talk else, are you?
Speaker 1: Well? Actually, I don't know why I did that. Sorry, it's my radio thing coming out.
Speaker 2: We'll tell you what I'm used to as someone who was not on airon radio, I'm not used to people talking to me the way you're currently talking to me.
Speaker 5: You're in radio mode.
Speaker 2: You got to give it relaxed, shake.
Speaker 1: It off the podcast, mister forward announcing back, announcing in the next fifteen minutes, Well.
Speaker 5: I'm about to steal that job from you.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the very first episode of Is It Just Me? Let me tell you people how this is gonna work. All Right, we kick off each show with an is it just me each We haven't told each other what it's going to be, so we may agree or disagree, and then we end every show a little bit of fun. I suppose this is where you're in a radio guy. I give you permission for your radio guy to come.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward to it, like segments and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a lot of games pranks up our sleeve, like today for example. And I know you're thrilled about this one.
Speaker 1: It's just why am I the one who has to do this?
Speaker 2: Because you're the one always bragging about your celebrity contact books. So it's coughing fit chicken coming up, and you go through your celeb contacts and more or less channel you're in a emphyseme of patience.
Speaker 1: We're not calling rebel Wilson. I just want to.
Speaker 2: Obviously it hasn't happened yet, but I'd like to take this opportunity to tell my future self to edit in a little preview of what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: I just want to get a little bit of your advice. I right.
Speaker 2: There we go, coughing bit chicken happening later on. Also, there is one thing that every successful show has that we currently do not, but we will have it before the end of the show.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get talent by the end of the show.
Speaker 2: No, what is it?
Speaker 5: I would normally say, it's the backbone.
Speaker 2: You don't have it yet.
Speaker 1: A budget.
Speaker 5: To zero money, No, I can't promise that.
Speaker 1: All right, let's introduce ourselves. I'm Mitch.
Speaker 2: I'm also Mitch. That's why it's a couple of miches.
Speaker 1: No, actually, you know what, why to hone? Why don't I introduce you and you introduce me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well, I actually hate talking about myselfs I just felt my faith get hotter. I hate talking about myself. So yeah, okay, cool, let's see this, dear me. What can I say about Mitch Cherry over here. Well, we've already established that you do radio. You're on Eric KIFMS. You are You're very extroverted, You're very bubbly, you're very friendly, You're good at small talk. You're not shy. You're very desperate for attention.
Speaker 1: That's not that's not true.
Speaker 2: You're one of those people that kind of walks into a room and just like owns the room. You command the attention of everyone, whether they like it or not.
Speaker 1: I'm a human Diyson, thanks a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, literally just sucks.
Speaker 1: The air out of anything.
Speaker 2: Not meant to be an insult, but yeah, it came across as an insult.
Speaker 1: Great people can't wait to meet me? I was like a whole bunch of fine. Well, let me introduce you, Mitchell Curves. Okay, you can't the sex worker of the entertainment industry. Just you do a bit of everything, you know what I mean? People could come to you. I mean you're very well known on social media. You're a bit of a social media got more followers than me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I do it on Instagram.
Speaker 1: That's very different.
Speaker 2: Let's not talk about how many Instagram follows.
Speaker 1: No, I hate that. I think I think it's awful.
Speaker 2: That's what the Sydney gay did. Look what happened to their potru. Let's not start with that.
Speaker 1: You are and dare I say a bog and Gate kid and that's all I wanna say. No, trust me, because someone who listens I go, I know. I'm moving on from that. That was very cute. I mean when I saw that, and I was so jealous of you when I saw that, Yeah, I was jealous. Oh god, I am an attention. See I was jealous of your attention. You are all over the internet, very very one of the funniest people I've ever met in my life. You're a social media producer. Yes, one of the biggest radio shows in the world. You can be seen on TV nowadays through stuff Channel ten. Your hashtag millennial mens get a trend.
Speaker 2: You want to say, you're making me sound much better than I am, but I'm not going to argue. Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: You didn't mention, but I'm a very nice person.
Speaker 2: Because you want people to like you, you get compliments that you don't mean because you're death.
Speaker 1: I was so nice. You know what, Let's start the show. People can really they can make up their minds for themselves. Well, is it just me or a couple of mitches follow us on all the socials?
Speaker 5: Please do at a couple of mitches.
Speaker 1: That's us. We start the show the same every week with our our igems.
Speaker 2: I'm really not sold and calling them I gyms, but anyway, we've got one each. Like I said, are you going to go first with this too? You spoke first, You may as well sweep in and take this one.
Speaker 1: You can do it.
Speaker 2: You go first, Actually, I don't.
Speaker 5: Want the pressure of being the first gym.
Speaker 1: So you either. This is like public speaking in primary school. You have to talk about water restrictions. No one wants to get up first.
Speaker 2: I had to do a speech about sun safety and why you should wear sun screen. As shit. I quoted adwril Levine.
Speaker 1: What did you say?
Speaker 2: I said, Well, as Avril Levine said, you make me so hot, you make me want to drop.
Speaker 5: Much like the sun wear sunscreen kids.
Speaker 1: Why should we jump in go for it?
Speaker 6: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Is going to restaurants a great way to make friends?
Speaker 5: Make friends?
Speaker 1: Just dip your feet into the waters of people you've never met before and cling onto them and make them your own.
Speaker 2: What do you mean, like, are you just going up to cafes and just finding people that are sitting by themselves, minding their own business. This is very you. Like I said, you command the ring. You just walk in and go, hey me, my friend. Don't that?
Speaker 1: What I mean is you know when you go to a restaurant and this isn't people in the restaurant, this is staff. By the way I'm.
Speaker 2: Talking, Oh yeah, you do strictly.
Speaker 1: People that are serving me. Because the way I think about it. That happened a pretty shitty day. If you're making risters at McDonald's at nine pm on a Thursday night, you're gonna want to have a chat. You're gonna want to get something out of it other than your money.
Speaker 2: And you get very like inturisive though, like you ask their whole backstory. You're like, oh, what's that accent? Oh how long have you been here?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay? They when with the visa approved? Like you seriously, I've been with you eateries and.
Speaker 1: My favorite place.
Speaker 2: You do do that.
Speaker 1: I think at least maybe thirty to forty people in my friends list or my Instagram followers list I have met because they've been serving me food at restaurants. I was at a restaurant last week. TI restaurant. I love me sometime love men going stick your eyes Oh so yeah, and I walk up, sit down. Instantly. We have a connection. She she's Spanish, name's clear Clear Menini. She follows me absolutely lover. She moved to Fiji recently to be with her lover, the lesbian lover.
Speaker 2: Of course you know that this is what I mean. It's none of your business.
Speaker 1: And guess what happened halfway through the meal, she sat down and she went, I don't know, I don't know what I do Guys, what's wrong Kleio.
Speaker 5: This is the most you thing I ever happened.
Speaker 1: There with my partner, and he's like, why are you doing this to me?
Speaker 2: I'm with on that. No.
Speaker 1: I think it is totally fine. And if you don't want to be with someone who does this, you can leave. Can I just say? Guess what it got us? Free spring rolls and free pork. Really, yeah, you didn't have to pay for it because we charmed her and mean, I've got her on Facebook, Instagram. We talked, She replies to all my stories, I think we're actually quite good friends.
Speaker 2: I just have a feeling that you think you're better friends than you actually are.
Speaker 1: She was out last night, Oh my god. Yeah, so she's probably in bed hungover a messager?
Speaker 5: Okay? Should we try and get her on Okay?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Can I This is typical of you to try and hog the entire So we are not calling her right now.
Speaker 1: I said, how clear? How things with you and your GF?
Speaker 7: All?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Well, I'll see if she replies. I could be proven wrong, but I came to it. I just think that you both yourself on people.
Speaker 1: True, but can I just make one closing point? One closing point. The way you and I met was in an elevator and guess what what? I thought you were here to deliver food. I thought you were caterer. So I made a conversation. I said, hi, and look at you have a podcast together. So it's working. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So is that the prerequisite of being your friend? You have to be serving you.
Speaker 1: Food, has to be involved somehow.
Speaker 2: You should follow these idiots online?
Speaker 6: Search a couple of mitches you're listening to.
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: So an answer to your question, yes, it is just you that likes to interrogate hospitality staff who've done nothing to deserve it.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad I went first my first intrument. I get tired of shred.
Speaker 2: Sorry, just just jump into yours.
Speaker 1: Honestly, How you going?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right, well it's only up from here, people, I promise.
Speaker 4: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Did you have no idea that one of the songs in Greatest Showmen with bloody lip SYNCD?
Speaker 1: Well, so the person playing it wasn't the one actually singing.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying. Have you seen this film?
Speaker 2: It's very big.
Speaker 1: I have seen the film. Is this the Bearded Lady?
Speaker 2: No, it's not the Bearded Lady? She can chee can sing? Let me tell you can she?
Speaker 1: I'm preppy. Sure they want to be a value they with a beard.
Speaker 2: No, it's definitely she really Yes, Okay, good for them anyway, I'm just trying to make everyone you are terrible.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that What's song?
Speaker 2: It's that one that was performed by that really tall, beautiful slender Ranger. This one never enough?
Speaker 1: Oh, this is beautiful.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: I didn't think the movie was that great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the soundtrack went mental though, like it was literally up there with Adele and like the Beatles. In terms of sales.
Speaker 1: It did well on the charts.
Speaker 2: I think it did not leave the top five in the charts all of last year, really, and so it's a very much a last year thing. I'm not trying to be topical right now. This is why I'm surprised that I only just found this out. I was putting this song on the other day, you know how. I don't know if you and your friends do this, but we were just in the mood to listen to really sappy like emo ballads.
Speaker 1: No, I never do that.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's the best. So I pulled this one up and I was like, guys, when this was on the cinema, I seriously got goosebumps. And they're like, you do realize that she's not actually singing, right? I was like, wait, is that common knowledge? Rebecca Ferguson plays her.
Speaker 5: Right the ranger?
Speaker 2: Oh ye, apparently Rebecca Ferguson can sing, but she just thought, you know, if my characters meant to be some opera legend, he has this amazing voice, see me, yeahf am, I over, I'm not gonna try Wow, I'll just lip sing some other shit.
Speaker 1: Wait, so he was singing, Oh my god, is this Barbara Barbara streisand.
Speaker 5: You think your radio voice again?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, you're talking like you're way more intrigued than you actually are. You're like, oh my god, who was the actual singer?
Speaker 6: That's it?
Speaker 1: That's me though.
Speaker 2: I get excited, you get extra breathy.
Speaker 1: Okay, sorry, wow, who was it?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: It sounds some random bitch off the voice.
Speaker 2: I'm not even kidding that. It's like, oh, she can sing it. But at least it was the ranger's decision not to sing like she was like, nah, I don't want to get someone else to do it.
Speaker 5: Oh, lip sync it. She nailed the lip sing, by the way.
Speaker 2: Quite skill. I thought it was actually her. But you know that zac Efron wasn't actually singing in high school musical. Not only that, you didn't know that.
Speaker 1: No, I genuinely did not know that.
Speaker 2: See that was common knowledge. I didn't realize that this was too. But whoa, here's the thing they didn't tell him. He actually sang on the day and he recorded all the vocals, and could you just imagine him watching the movie for the first time, thought.
Speaker 1: I sound good?
Speaker 2: Who the fuck is that voice?
Speaker 1: From memory? I didn't hit that high though, But here that's all. We're gonna end up doing this.
Speaker 2: Podcast olderly one that gets dubbed Oh god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll get Joe Rogan on this.
Speaker 2: Someone's gonna tap me on the shoulder and be like, listen, Mitchell, your voice is a bit pitchy. You've got a lisp.
Speaker 5: Not ideal for broadcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, logo. We need to live been someone who's similar naming for Brandy. Look, we've got Michelle Bridges co hosting the show with me from now on.
Speaker 2: Her voice is deeper, than mine.
Speaker 1: You you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: She's like, Hi, I'm Michelle Bridges, my twelve week body transformation that's next week. Like she's actually, I had to go deeper to any pressure.
Speaker 1: That's very good, Michelle Bridges.
Speaker 2: Imagine we just started dubbing producer Jenna's voice with Nony Hazelhurst. You know, if I'm the place school she used to read the books with rich, deep, confident voice.
Speaker 1: General always sounds like she stubbed her toe just before we ask her a question should be compared to you want to.
Speaker 2: Introduce yourself, Producer Jenner, Let's see if your voice matches the beautiful tones of none Hazelhurst say.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hi, perfect Matt.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, we're gonna have to get that dubbing ready.
Speaker 1: Both mitches are very needy, so make sure you leave a review on your podcast.
Speaker 6: Can't think of anything nice to say, just hit five stars and let them know what's currently on your left.
Speaker 1: On our left as you like. Literally, she's got a cup of tea.
Speaker 2: I've got Jackie O from Carl and Jackio. Obviously I've got her bedazzled like blinged up microsh and I'm just looking at it going I really want to use it, because if anyone looks at us at a couple of miches on Instagram right now, you've got that big, bulbous friggin thing on a.
Speaker 1: Pole giant microphone.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've got this like a little stick thing. Yeah, I don't want to responsible for knocking any dimondes off that microphone of Jackie.
Speaker 1: She'll get back to work on Monday and be like, why does my microphone full of green juice? And halototious? Holototious that's what's the scientific term for bad breath?
Speaker 5: Is there something you'd like to tell me?
Speaker 1: Mitchell, you don't have that breath.
Speaker 2: I've got to say this green juice does like it makes my mouth a little bit weird.
Speaker 5: It makes my tonguel white.
Speaker 1: It's really Yeah, your tongue is quite wide.
Speaker 2: But because I'm hot kidding? Can I tell you I've gotten so obsessive with my like weight and like my goals at the gym, at the moment that I was like, you know what I need? I need a tape measure with me on all time, just to make sure my waist is the right.
Speaker 1: That's unhealthy. You have it with you.
Speaker 2: No, It's like, I'm not even kidding.
Speaker 1: Ready, what is it from Bunnings? That is that's the most petite little it's blue. If you're listening, if you're listening, two people listening, it's it's so small, it's like a little pocket watch. Oh where did you get something like that?
Speaker 2: Can? I tell you?
Speaker 5: I'm not even kidding? So how much do you think this costs me?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: It's five bucks?
Speaker 5: Nah?
Speaker 2: More less two?
Speaker 1: Maybe two bucks?
Speaker 2: We're talking like including postage, by the way, I mean, I wouldn't pay much for it, really, Let's be honest.
Speaker 1: I don't need one. You can do it on my iPhone these days.
Speaker 2: So including postage, I will tell you this tape measure that I use off Ali Express was fifty three cents.
Speaker 5: Now let me ask you this, Mitchell, how.
Speaker 2: Did anyone make money off this? They posted it for free. I paid fifty three body cents. How does anyone profit off that postage? Is more than the actual product? It is.
Speaker 1: They're losing money and it's got this.
Speaker 5: Weird Chinese measurement called conn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to break.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't think you could possibly get anything cheaper online than fifty three cents including postage.
Speaker 1: My chest is sixteen couns. Wow, I think you could find something cheaper.
Speaker 2: You chuck it.
Speaker 1: I think I could if you wanted me to find something cheaper. I mean, it's not going to be good. You're not going to get a you know iPad.
Speaker 2: I really wish that Li Express was sponsoring this segment because we could make this a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah we could.
Speaker 2: Oh, tune in next week as Mitch finds out what bargains he can get on Ali Express.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tune in as we do our new segment wish list and we go to wish You.
Speaker 2: Should actually do that. I want to see if you can beat fifty three cents including postage for an actual practical thing online doesn't have to be our express.
Speaker 1: Fifty three cents including postage. Yes, start, I'll have it next week.
Speaker 5: You're just stalling, aren't you.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're creating new You're generating new content ideas because you don't want to do what we're about to do.
Speaker 1: Let's do that now I can buy something only about right now, let's do it. Let's know.
Speaker 5: No, we are going to do this.
Speaker 2: Okay, people get ready coughing chick, coughing fit chicken.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm endreading it all day.
Speaker 2: I have a feeling it's going to be my favorite segment.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad someone's enjoying it. My lungs are bleeding from the inside out. It's awful.
Speaker 2: So somehow, I don't know how, but we found out that the cough that you can do on que it literally sounds like you've been smoking a pack a day for fifty years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds like I'm termined a.
Speaker 2: Carton a day, even even though you've never smoked your cigarette in your life.
Speaker 1: No, no, I have one cigarette and my U ten formal and I had a nose bleed straight away. First I inhaled and my blood came straight out and.
Speaker 2: You've never gone back ever.
Speaker 1: But it was Windfield rare.
Speaker 2: They're very strong, which is why it's so strange that you do sound like you do when you cough.
Speaker 1: Well, I have severe asthma. So maybe maybe down the track we can get my mum on on my GP and sucks it out. I hope it doesn't like Inflame.
Speaker 2: It probably is.
Speaker 5: Well anyway, you're.
Speaker 2: Putting it to good ubody because I've come up with a challenge where you prank call someone maybe a business, someone you know, and then about ten seconds into the conversation, you break out into a coughing fit, like uncontrollable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what they are.
Speaker 2: And then it's a game of who hangs up first. So I'm going to be here with a stopwatch and whatever. However long into the call you make it without hanging up, that's going to be your record, and you have to try and top it each time to do my coughing fit chicken. No, but they well may be the first to hang up because they just can't deal with your coughing. But I have a feeling it's going to be you because you're a bit of.
Speaker 1: A wood Now who is that? Who are you ringing? Well?
Speaker 2: You know you're kind of always bragging about your little black book full of celeb con tax from all your radio thing you've done.
Speaker 1: I don't know where they've come from, but my phone has a lot of celebrity people are like Nicole Kibbins.
Speaker 2: Have you got Nicole?
Speaker 1: Nicole Kidman is in my phone book?
Speaker 2: My god, I don't know how bring it up? Will decis that you're going to have a coughing fit call to Should we just not that I want to sabotage your networking and your relationship.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know your man. They haven't called it. They wouldn't know who I am.
Speaker 2: I think it has to be someone that they would know you if.
Speaker 1: He hold on. I've got the Veronicas saved. I wonder if that just goes to a duel phone call a phone they must.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's not do the Veronicas.
Speaker 2: Their music label might not be happy. You'll get no interviews ever.
Speaker 1: Got Umi Stein's she's in the show openers.
Speaker 5: She's French, she works in our office.
Speaker 1: We can't do her. You're right, You're right. Who else do I have? I've got both the mobile and home line for Ida Buttros because once I called her on the mobile and the line was very cracking and she's very mad. So call me back, call me back on my own fe.
Speaker 2: Okay, do we want to produce?
Speaker 7: Do we do?
Speaker 2: Butos? I think that the just out of respect for the fact that you're but Trots, we don't go there.
Speaker 1: I don't think we do.
Speaker 3: I would love to, but I understand the respect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she deserves respect. I've got two gy Beach and nine ben Fordham.
Speaker 2: He's good actually, because he does know you, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did work experience on his show, and he's sort of men told me.
Speaker 2: Too, we've both been we are both ben Fordham alumni.
Speaker 1: Why we're he.
Speaker 2: Work experience with him? So I don't reckon.
Speaker 5: He'd be mad if we called him.
Speaker 1: But he's very powerful.
Speaker 2: We settling on ben Fordham. Hold on to do the goal? Yeah, and you do with your bloody well told the sooner you learn that, the better.
Speaker 1: No, But he's very intimidating. He's very wealthy.
Speaker 2: How do you know?
Speaker 1: Look at him? Always has an impress suit.
Speaker 2: True, he actually can I tell you. He gave me a lift home from work experience. Once we're in the lift and he goes, oh, where do you live? I said, ultimo? He goes, oh, I go past there, jump in, buddy.
Speaker 1: You're kidding.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh, his car actually smells like cash. You know that that. I know exactly what a brand new hundred dollars notes was like. Anyway, you're thing, have you punched the number in yet?
Speaker 1: Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Okay? Do you see?
Speaker 1: It's awful. I feel like this is the start of a cardiac arrest. I can feel it. It's probably about Hello, hey Ben, Yeah, good good, Hey sorry, sorry for the random call. I just thought i'd picked your brains quickly.
Speaker 7: Yeah, mate, you read me anytime.
Speaker 4: Brother, Thank you.
Speaker 1: You know how I'm doing the nights here at Kiss at the moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, you're killing it.
Speaker 7: You even did a little filling for Jack.
Speaker 1: I know, yeah, I know. I thank you. I was very excited.
Speaker 7: I sent you a message. I think you sent me back.
Speaker 1: They pushed me through the morning seeing your name there. It was very nice. I appreciated, buddy. I just want to get a little bit of your advice. I have a question.
Speaker 7: You're right, You're right right.
Speaker 1: No, No, it's more to do with with interviews. When you have someone on, is it more so you got a lot when.
Speaker 7: Alan Mitch, dude, dude, bring me back. That's not.
Speaker 4: No. Sorry, like you're choking.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get some warring.
Speaker 7: Yeah, going the.
Speaker 1: Sorry sorry, I just no, from one radio go to another is important. When you've got.
Speaker 4: M what the.
Speaker 7: Mitch? Mabe you okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I'm good.
Speaker 4: I just you're choking on something and something. Stop talking at the order or something.
Speaker 1: I'll get something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, got it.
Speaker 1: I've got some money.
Speaker 7: Do you want to bring me back?
Speaker 1: No? No, I'm good. I'm good. I've got you now, got now.
Speaker 4: With one?
Speaker 7: Are you sick?
Speaker 1: It's inn.
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Ben?
Speaker 4: No, Ben?
Speaker 1: No, no? Mate?
Speaker 2: He hung up?
Speaker 1: Oh god, that was the most awkward thing.
Speaker 5: Two minutes and six seconds.
Speaker 1: I think I'm coughing up my tongue? Is it a pod? Look?
Speaker 2: You proved me wrong. I thought you would hang up after like twenty seconds because you were too ashamed.
Speaker 1: He's such a nice person, are you right, Mitch? I think you're sick? Where did that comment.
Speaker 2: By the and his concerns going? He's just like, don't speak to me.
Speaker 1: I got another call. No it's not Jody, dinner's ready.
Speaker 2: So two minutes and six seconds next time we call, that's what you've got to try and beat. So that's one point to you with.
Speaker 1: Like a similar air of sweat.
Speaker 2: Oh oh god.
Speaker 1: So how he's just text me?
Speaker 2: What do you say?
Speaker 1: Mate? Just mate with a full stop No, I've lost my two chippy contact. That goes my career?
Speaker 7: Is it just me?
Speaker 6: You can follow the show online, just search a couple of miches.
Speaker 2: If you don't, you're a tickhead.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should call it back, Like I genuinely think he deserves an explanationally, he.
Speaker 2: Looks maybe later, but we've got something way more important to do right now, needs to be done before the end of the show. Remember, in fact, I'm not willing to progress any further into this podcast creation commitment thing we've got going on right now until this is thought it.
Speaker 1: Why does this all of a sudden feeling an arranged marriage. I feel like I should be wearing a sari.
Speaker 2: You are welcome to leave if you're not. I don't want this to feel forced, so you can go.
Speaker 1: I thought you were gonna say you're welcome to go and by a sari.
Speaker 2: I can make this decision by myself, but it needs to happen.
Speaker 1: Okay, No, no, Look, I am actually very excited for this because if you listen to radio or even podcasts now, they're be getting more and more that radio. But they all have them to they all have Should we say it at the same time.
Speaker 2: We're about to decide the official is it just me wosh? And what we mean when we say wash? You know the little sound effect that kind of goes at the start and finish of any audio someone played.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like like a bookend. Every show has one.
Speaker 2: Kyle and Jackie O have one. Every show has their own like distinct sound and theirs. So if I was going to throw to.
Speaker 1: Michaeld get that, I can get there. Grab, let me get it, let me get that, let me get the little wash.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because that'll be in our library.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So if I was actually, you're going to be the grab. Okay, okay, great, Yeah, I'm going to throw to have you got the thing?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: Cool, I'm going to throw to an interview with Mitch Cherry. So I spoke to Mitch about why he thinks that Mitchell Coombs is the most talented and beautiful person in the world.
Speaker 5: Take a listen.
Speaker 1: Oh, and I just think is so charming, smart, funny, beautiful, hair, beautiful. Oh, I've made an airror that's actually I'm actually reading the bio on Mitch chery Great grab to get the joke I was talking about myself.
Speaker 5: You get the point.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I've come up with a bunch of options. You've not heard these, No.
Speaker 1: They're in the system. I'm ready to play them, but this is the first time I'll be hearing them. I'm excited.
Speaker 2: So can you do you think that this fits the feel and the energy that we're trying to achieve here on is it just me?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: This wash?
Speaker 2: How does this work?
Speaker 1: It kind of sounds like someone opening their legs like it's very sort of barren.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Actually, now that I've heard it, I don't remember it being that long, Like it feels quite long.
Speaker 1: Like, Yeah, it sounds like the BFG sneezing, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, actually I don't like that either.
Speaker 1: Eliminate gone, it's out number two?
Speaker 2: What is this? What do you think of this?
Speaker 1: Oh? Gos me? You know what that sounds like? Ready, man, man, watch out. There's a buzz coming. Step out of the way. The bust is hitting her. Sounds like bones are being crushed.
Speaker 5: It does.
Speaker 2: Actually, it's very aggressive. Yeah, one more time, want to hear see. I kind of like it, but I don't know.
Speaker 5: There's other options.
Speaker 1: We'll benchmark it's better than buddy. Yeah, that sounds terrible.
Speaker 5: Okay, we'll go to option three.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 5: What was that?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 2: That was actually you coughing? When we were recording some stuff, I isolated that you left the vox pro going and then I just had some off air and I just isolated you coughing listen hear me out. I thought, how can we be different? No, every other show uses a wosh sound of we are you know we're launching. We've launched coughing Fit Chicken. This show, whether we like it or not, will be synonymous with coughing. So I thought you coughing could top and tail our grabs.
Speaker 1: I just don't know if I like it.
Speaker 2: Can I at least give you some context for you? Okay, open your mind. I've got some audio for you to actually wush him to easing this. Okay, let's just pretend I'm doing a sleb gossip type report and see how that bush sounds when I throw to the grab. Okay, ready, that.
Speaker 1: Woman who just wears all the leather on the studio Tan Entertainment woman.
Speaker 2: The very old Angela Bishop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she loves a daw That one always looks so shiny.
Speaker 2: That's my Studio ten colleague, Angela Bishop you're talking about. Sure, I'll channel my inner Angela Biship right now. Okay, got the worsh ready. Kim Kardashin has clashed with her husband's Kanye West, after she's spotted on Twitter that he's been telling people they're moving to Chicago without talking to her about it. First, take a listening. They set me up.
Speaker 4: Okay, that should have been a conversation with RISI on the internet.
Speaker 2: You're moving to Chicago, I find out. No, I told you that before we had that conversation. We are sious conversation. Now, what do you want this show to be? If not original? You know how many other shows have used their own cough to top and tail their grabs. I think it's I think it worked.
Speaker 1: No one. I just I'm sorry, I can't. I hate it. It's out.
Speaker 5: No, you're not going to like the next one? Then is that another cough?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That would that would be John Laws's cough. So there was the reason that I was listening to John Laws. I'm actually it was for this show, an upcoming episode I'm gonna be doing. I'm gonna be gonna be doing John Laws' biggest on air tantrums. Oh that looking forward to because the way he talks to his callers is hilarious. I wish I got away with it rely abusing people like that, you can still be considered a legend and not just through the roof. And yeah, I heard this while listening. I thought I'll give that a crack. I'll run that by you. See. If you like that as a wash, listen again.
Speaker 1: Do you have an example of that with a.
Speaker 2: Ground The funny thing is that you do have a cough mute button, But he's like, they deserve to hear it.
Speaker 1: I'm vetoing over.
Speaker 2: Go again.
Speaker 1: You know what it sounds like, ready, hold on, let me do this. This ship is bananas again.
Speaker 2: Go again?
Speaker 1: You know it sounds like, hey, I Mitch, yeah, Uncle Jamie, can you come help your uncle start up the tractor? No worries, they're starting an engine.
Speaker 2: So you don't like that one either as our wash?
Speaker 1: No, I hate it.
Speaker 5: Well, you vetoed all the other normal bushes.
Speaker 1: How many more do you have?
Speaker 2: Literally? Just the one I got fired? You better like this one because I thought they were all outstanding, and I would have been happy with any of the toys and say, if you don't like this, then we're screw.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. This is it.
Speaker 2: Now. Let me tell you the reason I like that one, go again is there's a bit of surround sound bullshit going on right now. Okay, So if someone's driving their car listening to this podcast, they would have noticed that part of it happens in the left speaker. Hard it happens at the right. Actually, take take one of your headphones off. Play it.
Speaker 1: I heard the little ended wosh in the right.
Speaker 2: Now switch head people listening along and doing the same thing. Take one hand out and now take out the other. Oh, I just get the little beachs at the top and now put them both on and appreciate the glory of it.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's like a wosh sandwich. My brain's the meat.
Speaker 2: Do you want to hear with an example?
Speaker 1: Yeah, set it up up. Okay.
Speaker 2: Kim Kardashian has clashed with her husband Kanye West after she spotted on Twitter that he's been telling people they're moving to Chicago without talking to shut up, without talking to her about it.
Speaker 5: First, take a listening.
Speaker 2: They set me off. Okay, that should have been a conversation before I see on the internet you're to Chicago. I find out.
Speaker 4: No, I told you that we had a conversation.
Speaker 2: We are in a serious conversation.
Speaker 1: I feel like we're a real radio show.
Speaker 2: Well we're not a radio show. Sorry, I feel to keep reminding you this. No, sorry, Well, thank god we settled that before the end of the show.
Speaker 1: I really like it.
Speaker 2: We couldn't have possibly carried on without it.
Speaker 5: Do you agree?
Speaker 1: I agree completely. Now we're all set. We're a real podcast.
Speaker 2: You know, like when you're moving, I don't know if you've done this, Actually you still live with your parents.
Speaker 1: I have lived overseas. I know what it's like to live out a home.
Speaker 2: You know, when you move into your new place and you finally unpack that last suitcase or that little bloody plastic.
Speaker 5: Tub that you've been in the corner. Yeah, and you're like, now it's home.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? That's what I feel like.
Speaker 1: Play the Bush again, Ladies and Gentlemen, officially, the wash of it.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: It's so that's beautiful. So I'm going to make sure that next week's show is very grab heavy.
Speaker 5: It's gonna have lots of things.
Speaker 2: Actually, we do have something next week that's going to be involving a lot of Brad because we're doing which Mitch.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm excited for this.
Speaker 2: It's a test of how big your head is.
Speaker 1: No, it's not really. We work in an office yet and the two of us are quite well known. We're just you know where we're very.
Speaker 2: That just ends how big your head is? That sentence?
Speaker 1: You set it up?
Speaker 2: So look how which Mitch works is. Producer Jenna has gone round our office and she's asked people to compliment either me or you, and they will say, I think Mitch is really X, Y and Z.
Speaker 1: Sorry what will they say? Give an example?
Speaker 2: I think Mitch's beard is way too sparse. He needs to shave his face.
Speaker 1: Definitely you No, that's you quite quite clearly. You do you think my bids sparse?
Speaker 7: Very?
Speaker 1: Do you think I should shave this?
Speaker 2: I've always told you that I don't like it really, but that's just me and general. I don't really like facial hair like a bit is stubble, yeah, but yours.
Speaker 1: Is still quite lining beds double. It's in the interest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've got that thing I've got where it mainly grows on your neck. This is very parting to creep up the check.
Speaker 1: This is what the next week's segment's going to be. Don't want to be.
Speaker 2: Part of it? Well, no, it's you have to guess whether the compliment applies to myself or you. Okay, I'm also keen to find out whether you can find something cheaper than my fifty three cent tape measure.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've already been looking. I think I've got something.
Speaker 2: Have you actually?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I've got something, and I actually think I'm gonna get you sat of it. You're not hey?
Speaker 2: Can I ask before we go? Did your mate ever text back?
Speaker 4: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: How I was saying earlier you made friends with that waitress or whatever, and we are best friends. And I said, I bet you couldn't care less if you die.
Speaker 1: You do not talk any ill of spicy dot clear. No, no, no, no, no, I'm gonna pull everything Down'm gonna cook a video core know. I want to know why. I just want to contacting. She's so beautiful. Didn't expect to be lesbian when she started talking, what do you want to this basic bron the bitting rolls. They go, yeah, then my girlfriend's flavor us shocked.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say for the record, I'm not saying I don't want to know about you know, the waiter's life or like, I don't think they're human.
Speaker 5: They're just there to serve me. But you go to so much effort to make friends with them.
Speaker 1: Just happens to me. It's just natural. She didn't answer. She may have boxed you. I'm not sure, so we'll next week.
Speaker 2: I'll let you know.
Speaker 1: She'll reply.
Speaker 2: But the funny thing is that you've plugged her Instagram so many times and for nothing.
Speaker 5: You're not even friends with her. She's gonna get all.
Speaker 2: These extra people. Actually, we should tell everyone to send her a certain thing. And it took it really good view again.
Speaker 1: Okay for Yeah, her name is Spicy dot Cleo c.
Speaker 4: L e O.
Speaker 2: Say, oh my god, what happened between you and Mitch? He was just talking shit about you on his podcast. Never give her the podcast name. Just make her a bit paranoid. God, I'm cruel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's awful, poor Spicy not clear.
Speaker 2: Don't do that.
Speaker 5: We've talked way too much. We need to get out, do we have?
Speaker 1: We need to leave. It's been a great first show. I think we've done very well. I'm still very radio we I am, but that'll come with time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you too, radio.
Speaker 1: You can see us if you follow us at a couple of inches.
Speaker 5: Yes, there's no A in a couple of inches.
Speaker 1: It's at oh adult, That's how I was reading the A as an A.
Speaker 2: It's very confusing, like if a dylexic person looked at out at the at almost looks like an a.
Speaker 5: I would think it's a couple of inches. Sorry, we're talking to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, giveus a follow up. We're going to go. We're back next week. This thing is a weekly thing.
Speaker 2: But if you've persisted this far, hats off to.
Speaker 1: You, and hopefully we'll see you next week. I'm Mitch.
Speaker 2: We'll catch them next week.
Speaker 1: If you can't see them, oh well you'll hear us next week. We'll be here.
Speaker 5: Do join us again next week, see you guys.
Speaker 2: Is it just mean?
Speaker 6: Don't forget to subscribe and leave a review on your podcast up.
Speaker 1: Here? Still there? I am Jenny, There, I am thank god, it's the three of us. It's beside an adventure when it turns upside down with a checking who's still alive?
Speaker 3: Titanic?
Speaker 1: No, the preside Adventure, and no, that's not the Titanic.
Speaker 2: We have to tell people why we're still here.
Speaker 4: What this is?
Speaker 1: Okay, didn't we settle on a name for this?
Speaker 4: What was it?
Speaker 2: We settled an add brief, right.
Speaker 1: Well, we wanted to do ADHD brief.
Speaker 2: And then I said that neither of us are diagnosed with ADHD. And that's inapropriate there, I have add you're just peakybacking off that I think I have it. I don't. Oh, I'm telling you, you do it. Can't you can't not have it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that little like one of a Maltese terror.
Speaker 2: But anyway, this is like a secret segment on the end of the show, so it doesn't actually count. We just kind of pop in after the show is done and just chat.
Speaker 1: Away, completely unscripted. Nothing's planned. It's like behind the scenes, but it's after the show. So really, no holds barred.
Speaker 2: Is that the expression I would say?
Speaker 1: So, yeah, not borrowing any holds, and it's just us producer general jump in. We'll have some fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I used to host a podcast called Not My Cup of Tea.
Speaker 5: It's still up. It still exists.
Speaker 2: People go search that once you're done here.
Speaker 1: Of course talking about your ex husband. I used to date a man called Terry. You're still there.
Speaker 2: But look, we used to have bonus bants I Not My Cup of Tea very similar where we just had this unscripted section of the show at the end and we used to joke, oh, this is the best part of the show. But I feel vastly different about this part of this show. Let me tell you why, because I don't know if you've realized this, but we are not good for each other.
Speaker 1: What do you mean we.
Speaker 2: Enable each other's ability to ramble and never shut up, Like this is meant to be a bonus bit at the end. I bet it's going to be longer than the actual show.
Speaker 1: Oh god, yeah, but that's fine. Some people want that's what they're on here for.
Speaker 2: And I'm most worried that people are going to form their opinion on the show as a whole base off this shit, this literal shit at the end, I don't so I would prefer this part be kept a secret.
Speaker 5: I'm just not proud of this section of the podcast.
Speaker 2: I would just because I'm really worried that someone's going to hear this and then go, you know what, I'm disgusted, and then in order to express their discuss, they're going to leave a bad review on the show. No, we can't have bad reviews dragging us down. And this is high risk in terms of dragging people's opinion down. The But we put in so much effort to the first well, not too much. We put in Okay, we put in more effort than we currently do because right now nothing planned it. We could be here for days for bot that we could.
Speaker 1: I think we need to establish rules. I don't think people can rate us based from from this moment on. As soon as the end music fades out, bam, it's unratable.
Speaker 2: In fact, if you were still here after the end music, it's your fault. You can't blame us for anything that happens during this section of the show.
Speaker 1: To switch off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, literally, why are you still listening?
Speaker 1: Piss off exactly?
Speaker 2: You know what this is like. Don't go glancing down at your phone to see how much is still left. You leave go.
Speaker 1: This part of the podcast is like when you watch a movie and you have a Pepsi Max buddy and you drink it, but there's still a little sip in the end, but it gets to room temperature. It's half back wash. It's kind of gross, but it's at the end and it's like, you can drink it or you can just chuck it out. That's what this is. Chuck us out or.
Speaker 2: Down, chuck this bit out. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would say, well, let's just see how long we go for. We're just gonna to be honest. I actually have some I have some damage control to do. I think I should ring Ben Fordham back, the poor bastard, The poor guy I just coughed down his throat child.
Speaker 2: Pearl and whale and whale.
Speaker 1: Isn't one of their names?
Speaker 2: Freddy? Freddy? And where'd you give whale out of Freddy?
Speaker 1: I'm thinking of mister Crab's daughter in SpongeBob. You know his daughter's name is Pearl.
Speaker 5: Jeez, that did well?
Speaker 1: Didn't that? I'm someone tweeted in let's check?
Speaker 2: No, they didn't?
Speaker 1: Show is terrible. That's Ben Fordham.
Speaker 2: I don't even know that we're doing a show?
Speaker 4: Does no?
Speaker 1: Because I haven't just to fight it to him.
Speaker 2: I need to bring him back, call him back, you reckon?
Speaker 1: Sure, Okay, let's let's ring Ben.
Speaker 2: While you do so.
Speaker 1: To clean my lungs, I get his number, hold on, you don't.
Speaker 2: Need to darl his number.
Speaker 5: It will be in the resents, yeah, it will.
Speaker 1: It comes up, Ben Fordham, poor bastard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd regue that Lathi was second time after that?
Speaker 1: Oh Ben?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, let me let me go this straight. You remember the other meat You probably don't. What did work experience with him? But Mitchell Curbs probably don't know him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Mitch the bit, I'm actually here.
Speaker 1: Yeah the bitch.
Speaker 2: The bitch is right.
Speaker 1: Here's good podcast name. He makes me do it. We're here together. We've started a podcast.
Speaker 4: Hi, Ben, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so there's this you should set it up. It's your ridiculous idea.
Speaker 2: So basically, Mitch's never has only smoked one cigarette in his life, and yet has this miraculous ability to sound like an empathy patient.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he I thought you were choking.
Speaker 7: Something was seriously going wrong.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought. You were so sweet to you, like, Mitch, you are.
Speaker 4: Right, mate. I was having that moment of going is this the moment where I was supposed to give mouth to mouth? But I'm over the phone?
Speaker 1: Should hit FaceTime?
Speaker 2: Did the adgiple zera to the call? Make it a conference call?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: Couldn't work out why you I was like, mate, quit, why would you keep trying to have the conversation?
Speaker 2: But yes, it's It's called coughing fit chicken. He's got to keep you on the line as long as you can. And you were two minutes and six seconds. If you were curious an no, it's not.
Speaker 6: This is what I was.
Speaker 1: You are an ass.
Speaker 5: I'm the one that dare I'm the one that dares.
Speaker 1: To do It makes me cringe. I hate the thought of just pranking. I hate brankings. They're so cringe.
Speaker 4: Here's me. I've been a good man to both of you, both former work experience kids of mine and being taught, and you treat me like a piece of dog shit.
Speaker 1: We are being for them, Alumno, do you remember? Do you remember who did it first? When did you do it? I?
Speaker 7: Well, both of you.
Speaker 4: The funny thing is that both of you, I said, I actually said on air when you were doing work experience. These guys will remember these names. And you've both turned into stuff A.
Speaker 5: Little here you down the line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I don't do that.
Speaker 4: I do that with every work experience kid, just in case a couple of them come good.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, do you do that for everyone? All this not in those brats you get, mate?
Speaker 7: I reckon, I reckon.
Speaker 4: I've done it for ten out of five hundred. There you go, and so far the other eight have turned into duds.
Speaker 7: That you two?
Speaker 2: Can I tell you, Mitch, I did work Experience twice the first time, I was a fat fifteen year old. The second time, I was nineteen and gorgeous because I'd lost so much weight. He didn't remember, Like, he didn't recognize it. It looks so different. So if you dropped the kilos and go in there, he might not recognize it.
Speaker 1: I've done the opposite. I've gained weight since being on it. You wouldn't recognize you.
Speaker 2: But it's difference you have.
Speaker 7: I do have hundreds of work experience.
Speaker 4: Kids come through.
Speaker 2: We are very good like that. I don't think many of the people in radio are willing to take them on.
Speaker 4: Oh no way, no one in this I don't. I don't recognize Mitch Churry in the in the rooster suit. He's still running around in the roof.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, the cash coock cook, he's a cult favorite of Sydney work. It's like the cash can. Once you've done it, you can't shake it, you know.
Speaker 7: You know what.
Speaker 4: I would love to pinch the cash cock off kiss so you just.
Speaker 7: For one day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could kidnap the cash cock and you could come and just work for me for one day, for just for a couple of hours on two GB.
Speaker 7: I could use it as a bit of a I could use it as.
Speaker 4: A marketing thing that I've pinched kiss AIRFMS cash call.
Speaker 2: Is it the same tactic he runs around giving out money or just in the office doing stapling and stuff.
Speaker 4: I know, exactly the same running around giving away.
Speaker 1: But your demo aren't exactly going to be chasing a giant cock through the park, are they.
Speaker 4: Well, that's true, I mean they could well, you know those motorized vehicles that they drive around, you know, like they could chase you in one of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, And we'll get it sponsored by cow trade or something to support bone health or something. We'll tie it in for your demo.
Speaker 2: You give two GB listeners some credit. The amount of times I've heard people on Ben's show and be like, oh mate, I'm a recent convert from a FM or Triple M turn t GB like they're all young.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're trying to get a bit smarter.
Speaker 4: I'm grabbing them all, mate, I'm grabbing how many I can list in this podcast? What's it called?
Speaker 7: You and You? What's what's it called?
Speaker 2: It's called Is it just me?
Speaker 7: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: So it's like it's what, let me guess, is it just me.
Speaker 2: Or is that it a little bit less tacky?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, come on, dam we're better than that. Cries. It's more dramatic.
Speaker 4: You know that.
Speaker 7: With olive oil?
Speaker 1: All right, Seinfeld?
Speaker 7: Come on oil and.
Speaker 4: It's olive and it like, why wouldn't you just have butter? Is it just me?
Speaker 1: He's really got he's not, He's not far off.
Speaker 2: He hasn't sold me on his point though? What's wrong with olive oil?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I bet, I bet you're a canola guy as well.
Speaker 4: Mate, you don't know me. Don't pretend that you know me.
Speaker 1: That's bullsh Yeah you have never once, you've never once, or no, you have texted me. That's fair. I was god, I was gonna throw one of the bus there. You have been very good. You've looked after both both of us. Great.
Speaker 4: I'm proud of you.
Speaker 7: I'm proud of you.
Speaker 4: Until you made me think that I was about to become one of those triple zero heroes. I wanted to be one of those kids who's like, you know, was ended up beginning a Bravery award when she was But I was like, you're not my mom. There's not much I'm over the phone, so I don't really know how to save a life from here. But I would have I would have given you mouth to mouth if I was given the opportunity.
Speaker 1: You're a good man, you really are, Yeah, of course, yeah, Shad, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I wouldn't give mouth to mouth if you weren't clean shaven.
Speaker 7: But if you clean, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: You would never tell the two Jimmy demographic as well that you had it on with another man.
Speaker 4: Goodness me, absolutely, I haven't how many how many episodes you up to?
Speaker 2: You're number one, I said to him for episode one first coughing chicken prank call. You've got to go through your contacts and call us a leb. So it was either you or I. Butos Man, he has her home number.
Speaker 1: He's down the track. I have a very id I've got Nicole Kimmen's number on my phone for some bizarre reason. That's genuine.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, well here I'm willing to I'm willing to make a couple of bets with you boys right now. One. If you do that to Iida Buttos, I will give both of you a bucket of kfe chickens speech.
Speaker 1: Speaking my language.
Speaker 2: He's got me right see to me, to me Butters's respect is more important to me than a CAFC feed. So you're gonna have to raise the steaks there. I don't think I'm willing to do that. I respect a lot.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll give Mitch Chury a bucket of cave give. I'll give Mitch Coombs a framed photo of id Butts.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, day, aren't you sponsored by like Audiartaman or something? Give me a car bro I'll do it for that. I don't know what's one of your major sponsors, the sleep easy, spine, pillow whatever it.
Speaker 4: Is, spinally, pillow, salt, hold on, hold on?
Speaker 1: Can you give me pillow two?
Speaker 4: No bucket of chickens?
Speaker 7: So that's if you do that.
Speaker 4: And mate, if this is feed income, if you get Nicole Kidman, I'll give you one thousand dollars cash.
Speaker 2: Suddenly you're very interested in this segment.
Speaker 1: What the money is? Chicken and cash is my love language. Let's bang on.
Speaker 4: I just like the I've got Nicole Kidman's number in my phoneyed.
Speaker 2: Have you noticed that I haven't asked for elaboration once He's brought it up a million times, and I'm like, I'm not going to give you the opportunity to just.
Speaker 1: Brad, I'll bring it up.
Speaker 5: I'm not even want I don't even want context, man mate.
Speaker 4: I think you should try ringing it on the podcast, just so everyone listening can hear. The number you've called is not connected.
Speaker 2: To me.
Speaker 1: We go history. I'm not going into that. It's just look, it's been long enough, it's been great having you.
Speaker 4: Well listen, I don't go choking on chicken or whatever it was you were choking on.
Speaker 2: All right, but next time, next time, you've got to come on in studio, because I remember a few years ago on Twitter, you asked me to bring you a boding Gate tetail, and I brought it, but I just keep forgetting to blood to give.
Speaker 4: It to you. So I've got it five years ago, you idiot.
Speaker 2: It was five years ago. But I've got it and it's still in the plastic, so it's mint condition like.
Speaker 5: You could sell.
Speaker 7: That really mean a lot to you, Mitch.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Every time I see him, I'm like, oh, bloody hell, that teatow.
Speaker 5: His place has been a pig side for all these years, for sure.
Speaker 1: Will you just go back to living on house boats and riding on jet skis just living the life, mister Fordham.
Speaker 4: Good on you, buddy, I'm just about to whack something in the nutrible and actually in fact a man shake. That's another sponsor kitching.
Speaker 1: He got the credit edit out, well done, got the credit line on. Hey, thanks for coming on, Ben, appreciate you.
Speaker 2: I have a strips okay, chow dangs benz.
Speaker 1: Well that was better than I anticipated. What a lovely guy.
Speaker 2: Are you really that desperate for KFC Chicken that you're going to sabotage your relationship with Ida Buttos? Yeah you could just go I don't know, call me old fashion, but buy some.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 1: I'm a sucker for pleasing people. This will never happen. I don't want KFC. I like you said, I really don't want CA. I just did that for them to please that media figure that's Ben Fordham. I don't care.
Speaker 2: It's very telling about Mitch's personality, isn't it. You gonna come in the studio. You're sitting out there like a little ferret.
Speaker 1: Jenna looks like a cockapoo pet Paradise at Westfield, just sitting in the glass. We're in this giant studio. It's like Stranger things like eleven watching you in a test room. Come in. She doesn't have to reply to that, you can just get in. Look at her now. She can't hear us now because she's brought her headphones out.
Speaker 2: But when she gets okay, going now, don't hurry.
Speaker 1: It's so fu Christ. Okay, look at her fingernails. They're so long and they're real, They're not acrylics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my nails used to be that long.
Speaker 1: But yeah, then you realize that you weren't a creature from the desert.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: To be honest, it's because when I grew my hair long and I had long ailes, I was like, I have to have one feminine thing or the other. I can't just really confus.
Speaker 1: Jenna, Welcome to the studio. Hey, you were just talking about your fingernails.
Speaker 2: No, what I was going to say, Jenna, is that I think that Ben Autumns come up with a great idea of this Eider butto situation, he dared. We have it on record that Mitch said that he would do it. He would prank call Eider buttros Yea in exchange for KC. Chicken, and I would do it for a Swinalle's pillow. So I think that we're onto something. Should we do it or not?
Speaker 5: I think not now.
Speaker 3: I think it's a wonderful idea.
Speaker 1: Well, of course, you guys think it's great. You have to cough down the line to an Australian icon conniption.
Speaker 2: I love that's that's the legacy of episode one. Coughing down the line to an Australian icon.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be. That's gonna be what we're knowing for on the show. Coughing at Ozzie legends.
Speaker 2: Well, we I beg yours. It'll be your thing, poor thing.
Speaker 1: Sure our steward is issue. Not again, that's not a good idea impression.
Speaker 2: Drinking next time we do a coughing fit chicken call. Yeah, I love how add beef is turned into a planning meeting. Do you rekon next time we do it? It's too like someone you know, or to a business, or like I don't know one of another celeb contact. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do it too. I don't want to do it to a slope yet. I've got a phone book full of sleep contacts. We maybe I don't know, random option here we could just interview them and get good ratings that way by chatting.
Speaker 2: To again again the radio thing, it's no one happened.
Speaker 1: Mitch is my favorite? Which one though? Cheery? That's good? God tweets it because QUI is great. It's a current.
Speaker 2: How do I unplug that sound effect? Little desk is going over there.
Speaker 1: You've got no option. You can't do it.
Speaker 5: Goodness, this is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: This is not This segment's going to be you just pissing around? Hi?
Speaker 1: What's that.
Speaker 2: Sound effect of yourself saying Hi?
Speaker 1: Hi? In case of rushing in the studio on a caller answers and I have to go Hi, how are you? I don't have time to say hi? Oh my god. I also had a buy but someone overrider.
Speaker 2: Well made you decide to do that was recorded.
Speaker 1: There was a bye, but then when this drived, we didn't know what to do, so they overrode my bie with Katie Berry never really really Yeah.
Speaker 2: There was that low one storage in the sound effect library. They had to replace that with.
Speaker 1: What they hit a random card because it was such a rush. And then my boy's gone. So now I've got us, Hi said, I can never end phone calls. I'm like Hi, thanks for Collie.
Speaker 2: Oh, the life.
Speaker 1: Of a radio jock.
Speaker 2: That's what I do. There's been a lot of radio talk in this podcast. Let's talk about podcasts. The teacher's pets. I don't really know much about that.
Speaker 1: She's in the soft soil so far, Jenna, you've been in here for six minutes and you barely breathe. How are you getting nutrients in your body?
Speaker 3: Why are you petrified?
Speaker 2: No wonder? I want to replace her with Hazel Heart.
Speaker 1: I thought Hazel has passed, of course not. I thought she'd got the Lifetime Achievement award of the Logis and then passed. I'll look her up hod On quietly in her sleep, clutch into the gold Logie. Although is the Lifetime Achievement a gold LOGI or is it just a silver logie?
Speaker 3: I think it's a silver.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think you're right.
Speaker 3: That's a good point.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't think they give the gold gold.
Speaker 3: It's just to the gold LOGI winner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it would discredit. They should make it a different color. It should be purple or platinum. The platinum. It should be a big one double's size LOGI or a double headed LOGI, a.
Speaker 3: Kol double headed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's very much alive.
Speaker 1: How old is she? I'd like to know.
Speaker 5: Let's produce the Jeni's job.
Speaker 3: Yes, six.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's got a good couple in her couple, couple of decades. Probably with this emphasiy where I've developed, how'd you go to the doctor, Mitchell, you've got you've got lung cancer from all the years you've smoked. Doctor, I haven't smoked a cigarette in my life. Don't lie, you're a liar. Just don't up toweet you're on your deathbed. I've never had one. Quiz me quizby on some of the names of cigarettes. Marlborough Polmel worked at Cols customer service manager. That's why I know good chat.
Speaker 5: I worked at I g. A.
Speaker 2: Every every shift I would spend the whole time thinking about what food I was going to buy from the supermarket to eat on the way home.
Speaker 1: If it's oh my god, what would you get? Because there was one thing that I always got and it ruined my car. But I got it every every shift because I do closing, so I finish at midnight.
Speaker 2: Ruin your car is in like a stench.
Speaker 1: No, no, the stents is beautiful because it was from the baby, like flaky flaky, flaky everywhere. No, because it was the it was the thing that no one wanted that was left cris. It was it was a maple pecan twist, little beautiful.
Speaker 2: Everyone, tune out. Please, you're not going to be listening to this. Just go listen to episode two already. That's where we actually put in effort.
Speaker 1: You've got this far. Please tweet hashtag maple. Don't spell it how you think pecan spelled? Because I would say pecan, but I kept getting picked up on it. It's pecan.
Speaker 5: I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 3: To be honest, I'm pretty sure it's peacan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you in the bathroom before? General is having a pecan? General? I wanted to this pool today. That's like what your uncle says when he orders like a like chicken chow man. He's like, I'll have the chicken chow Mine gets it wrong.
Speaker 5: I'm so embarrassed about this.
Speaker 1: You are not You're proud?
Speaker 2: No, I actually would rather are you not familiar with the show? With thrall leave them wanting more? This is too much, way too much.
Speaker 1: Love produced to Jenna's input, God good have fucked that. That was Kerry and Kennelly Live listen.
Speaker 2: Can you not bag out? Carry Ann? I work with Studio ten.
Speaker 1: You do, actually, but how much you and just forst you? Are they paying you? Is my question? Yes? I wouldn't. I would never ask how much. But Jamie Underscore six has.
Speaker 5: Stop pretending we're getting tweets.
Speaker 2: We're not pretending.
Speaker 1: What do you mean? I got tweet deck up on here?
Speaker 2: You dropping random keywords thinking I'm gonna know what you I will think you know what you're talking about.
Speaker 5: I know you have no idea.
Speaker 1: Someone's ringing me from Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Oh, answer it, I take it.
Speaker 1: Go on our watch. Oh I missed it.
Speaker 2: She call him back.
Speaker 5: No moments gone.
Speaker 2: Hey did that bitch ever get back to you?
Speaker 1: Clear? Let me check. I put on do not disturb them? No sim card installed? Yes there is.
Speaker 4: That was me.
Speaker 2: I just didn't want you to. I wanted to prove my point that you're forcing yourself on hospitality staff. So yeah, I just removed to him.
Speaker 1: So here's spy. But she did reply, so she tried to video chat me and she replied, so she is Spanish. I'll get some Spanish music? Can I do this?
Speaker 7: Is?
Speaker 5: This was meant to be I don't really know what that means, but sure.
Speaker 1: Let me find some Spanish. Oh that's funny. Yeah, well done, Jenna, thank you. I literally searched Odel Barzo.
Speaker 2: Isn't that Italian?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think so here we go.
Speaker 4: Ok.
Speaker 1: Well, all right, so Spicy Clear replied to me.
Speaker 2: Show's over. Sorry, the moment's past. If she didn't reply during the show, no, she doesn't count. We're not continuing the ark.
Speaker 1: She's in Sicily time, so the poor things probably haven't a siesta. She's probably rolling a corn too fier. All right, So Spicy Dot Clear she said, hey, gorgeous a Spanish thing. Anyone can say. I've got a gin. Life's good. She sho didn't ask about life. Been managing a villa in Jilly t the music we don't need it anymore in Jilly Tea. Gilligans aren't come visit with your bay sometime, HBU, how about you? So we are friends because you queried whether or not we were friends, and I in fact think that we are friends because she called me gorgeous she abbreviated babe, and she asked me the question back, I'll reply.
Speaker 2: So that's not how I speak to my friends. Is it just me or do you like the more mean you're able to be with someone. That indicates how close you are, that reeks of acquaintance. To me, you's not interested.
Speaker 1: You speak to your friends as if they're in an interrogation room for buddy murder. You mean you're so vile to your friends. You're so vile to the ones you love most. Dearly, I've been with you with your little nephews running around the house, and you and I went to Red Rooster and we had a half chicken roll and I had a fried pineapple fritter, two of them, and little child what's its name? Yeah, what's its name?
Speaker 2: That's too Henry Noah.
Speaker 1: Noah of course walked up tried to have a bite.
Speaker 2: And you went, no, you've got to learn.
Speaker 1: But see, and if that was someone else's kid, say, for example, Jenno brought her nephew over and it's a little snotty nosed thing came to get a chip. You would you would have let it eat one.
Speaker 2: I'd kick it in the teeth and they get this thing away from me.
Speaker 3: I'd probably do that too, teaching them a less You've.
Speaker 2: Got to you've got to bosom to drink from hi. Oh God, can I have the panel back? Give it? Give it?
Speaker 1: I can't. Literally, it's a ten kilo object.
Speaker 2: Okay, thick problem solving wet?
Speaker 1: What seeds should we try quickly? Yeah? She receives the vibe of the show changes.
Speaker 7: Don't know it.
Speaker 1: That's someone you've got access. That was very confronting. The lookie just gave me as I walked past links Africa.
Speaker 2: Why would I do that?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: You cheers?
Speaker 5: Warm those yours?
Speaker 2: Mate?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You've seen the eye of your rump.
Speaker 1: Pretty diabetic? That makes sense. There's a green juice like this position.
Speaker 2: The headphones aren't very loud.
Speaker 1: No, I've got very oversentive, like a bat, like a fruit bat.
Speaker 2: Do they have oversensitive ears?
Speaker 1: I think so? The super son Oh look that I'm gonna try your green juice? Here go on avocado when it's seville.
Speaker 2: No, no, as if it's look how thick that is? Okay? Does that come out of button by one?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Let's see if I can remember how to do this? What is this MTM show?
Speaker 4: Wall?
Speaker 1: Oh? This is the show that I do. That's there my sound effects for the show.
Speaker 2: I do it now?
Speaker 1: Well, where the auth make sure, wall I was on it. God, I thought this would be more productive.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 5: This is like when they do, we should never assume that we're going to be productive.
Speaker 1: This is undercover buss, you know. When the bus comes into work place. The head of Amazon, he's like, all right, let me work in the factory. He kills three people and he's.
Speaker 3: Got a wig on.
Speaker 8: Prosthetics, face burns and appealing off and he's like, my wife, jennaher is really sick.
Speaker 1: And all the workers like you are the CEO of this company. You're on the news every night, and.
Speaker 3: The workers are like, oh, we would never Hie.
Speaker 1: When he comes back the next week and he's like, Jamie, I heard your story. Pulls off the and they're like they know the whole time, I'm giving you and your family ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: And then they start crying and they're like, I thought I recognized humans.
Speaker 1: The induction that was last week?
Speaker 5: Oh god, hey, what is this doing on our sound effects board?
Speaker 1: Like sands through the glass?
Speaker 7: So are the days of our lives?
Speaker 2: Questions when were we going to use that? Why did you put that there just in case for next week? It's just there like it belongs. I've got this whole computer screen full of iGEM sound effects. They all look like they belong. Their coughing fit opener, generic bed podcast, red set, and then just the Days of Our Lives opener. Well made you think, ah, ship, we might need that.
Speaker 1: It's for next week. I don't want to reveal it.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding? Don't hook people in if it's bullshit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not coming next week. I don't know. I just wanted to pretend.
Speaker 2: I think we've we've done too much. Okay, this segment, where does this come from? I think we need to wrap it. No, I like it, So it's a brief it's our secret segment at the end of the show. My fervent hope is that everyone tunes out when they think the show's over and don't actually look at the fact that the show has twenty minutes left because I don't want this. I don't want this to be the indicator that people get of what the show is.
Speaker 1: But that's not gonna happen. People are gonna see twenty minutes and I'm gonna listen, We're gonna you know what we should do. We should leave a like a like a thirty second silence after the main episode's finished, and then we'll just add as are you super fan?
Speaker 2: And then every week we should choose different causes to dedicate that thirty seconds of silence too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, what's this week?
Speaker 2: Rispca?
Speaker 1: Oh God, love them you and your twelve dead dogs. It's not funny that ever since mitchedooko, but no one is tweeting. They must hate the show. Now no one is tweeting, not one person. That's so sad.
Speaker 2: Do you want it back?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 5: Do you want it back?
Speaker 1: Trust me, the moment I get back there, the tweets will flood in.
Speaker 2: Of course, let's try come home so much loud on the mine, you're sabotaging met Mike.
Speaker 3: I'm on tweet deck at the moment. We've got zero so far. But let's just wait.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting back down there.
Speaker 2: Okay. So I hate to keep bringing it back to the fact that this is a podcast and not radio, but this is not live. That's why we don't have tweets.
Speaker 1: He's not wrong.
Speaker 2: We're not going to receive them as people are listening. Because that's been my God.
Speaker 8: I back my life, check.
Speaker 1: I love me. Also, my microwave food's ready.
Speaker 5: We need to go.
Speaker 2: He's getting carried away. The ad d Breeths has gone to your head. I'm not.
Speaker 1: Special. Guests, there is a ladies and gentlemen. Hi's me funny, says someone that's lovely throw menace poor thing. God. If we follow him, we'll be off their by next week.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for doing it for the very first episode of Is It just Me?
Speaker 1: You're not wrong, You're not wrong. You found one.
Speaker 5: Super Thank you for joining us.
Speaker 1: Everyone very quiet there. Thanks for joining us. It's been so much you've been in a very grumpy mood. Mitchell, No, I just don't like this part of the show. I think it's the best.
Speaker 6: So I agree with you.
Speaker 2: There, don't agree with you. So I think that. You know, when someone goes to the hair dresser for like a wedding, they get their hair really nicely done. They put in a lot of effort. It looks amazing. Yes, that's our show. We put in effort. This this section is like some fucking bird's nest looking shit with a rat tail knits like it's not good.
Speaker 1: This is our need to speak to the manager, that's what this is.
Speaker 2: Purple boil with gray twined in you know a word I haven't heard for years, streaks in relation to hair and not snapchat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with you? Or foils.
Speaker 2: I just said boil, so I said street.
Speaker 5: I said foil before, didn't I someone listens to me anyway.
Speaker 2: We'll be back next week. Jenna's going to be doing which Mitch, which is where we find out how big your head is?
Speaker 1: Somehow it was pitched to me, Oh did we not?
Speaker 3: Did we not cover that off to tell me we didn't?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: I thought we did, but obviously or maybe he wasn't listening as always.
Speaker 5: He does that.
Speaker 2: Maybe is this going to be our clothes and music for the first show? I don't.
Speaker 1: I actually don't hate that at all.
Speaker 2: I've the rule of A to D brief is that we don't plan anything.
Speaker 1: So anything happens. Everyone say bye Mitch, goodbye, Jenna, bye, Hi.
Speaker 6: Hi hoi.
Speaker 2: Hoi?
Speaker 1: Is it just phase?
Speaker 6: Don't forget to subscribe and later a review on your podcast app