Speaker 1: Well, these old ducks.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't cause old ducks, but I feel like it's been a hot second since I've been to a concert. We went to Duaaliba on the weekend. Look at the disgust on your face that I.
Speaker 1: Said these old ducks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I was like, speak for yourself. Also, I've been to a few concerts recently. One of them does make me feel old because it was Blink one eight two.
Speaker 2: So, and I also say old ducks because I have realized, probably in the last twelve months, I've been to a few concerts, and I know you and I have discussed it, Laura, but I've realized I am at the point where I don't want to be standing anymore, and that I think.
Speaker 1: Comes from age.
Speaker 2: I want the comfort of a seat, I want the option to be able to sit down.
Speaker 1: My back hurts, my.
Speaker 3: F I've definitely I've passed the threshold because when I was younger, like when I was in my twenties or I was eighteen nineteen, and I was like a real either festival or.
Speaker 1: Concert goer raver. I remember thinking this one.
Speaker 3: I remember being at a concert and thinking, who would ever buy a ticket as an option to sit in the stand. Like, if you had the ability to be in GA and you could be amongst it, in the vibrant moshpit, why would you ever want to voluntarily.
Speaker 1: Choose to in the stand?
Speaker 3: Now you get it, And Okay, something's happened in the last few years.
Speaker 1: And I don't know when it did. I don't know when it took over.
Speaker 2: I think it was a moment last concert of two when you jumped up and down and wet yourself.
Speaker 1: I reckon that was the moment.
Speaker 3: It was my perfect floor that let me down. I reckon it probably was, but no, so we did. Juliep it very differently, britt you had a wonderful.
Speaker 1: Very lush experience.
Speaker 3: I was in a suite, yes, and I was with my sister and we went GA, and like, I thought, I'm going to get down there, I'm going to dance, I'm going to non stop enjoy myself, and I reckon, I got about forty five minutes in and I was like, oh, my perfect floor feels heavy, monees hurt, and I'd love to sit down. And there's an eighteen year old smack into my back who's had too many like tequila shots.
Speaker 1: So like it's a different vibe. Now, it's a different experience.
Speaker 2: Well, I wanted to talk about something else. I didn't want to rub it into you that I was seated. I'll stop with the toilet available to me, and I didn't have to wet my pants.
Speaker 3: Unrelatable for everybody who had to get GA.
Speaker 1: I felt very lucky.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I want to talk about something else, something I realized in the moment that I'm over and I don't want to happen at concerts anymore. The hum or, not so humble encore, the idea of an encore, I'm done with it. Just sing your song.
Speaker 1: Just sing your songs.
Speaker 2: Don't pretend to sneak away so that we call you back.
Speaker 3: We don't want to like I don't want a chance, we want just do your songs.
Speaker 1: Believe I do.
Speaker 2: Just think it's one of those outdated things that people or artists maybe just think has to happen. Like you know, when you go to a wedding, there's things you need to tick a box off, Like when you're holding a wedding, you need to do speeches, you need to do the cake, you need to do the bowels.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 2: I think artists not that I have and one or will ever be one. But I think that they used to think that that was how a concert needed to go. You had to go off and pretend. Then you had to be called back on and be like, okay, I'll pretend to sing.
Speaker 3: Obviously, because once upon a time it had a point, like once upon a time, people would leave and the concept would be finished, and people would scream for them to come back, and they'd scream and chant, chant, chant, and then eventually.
Speaker 1: The artists will be like, oh my god, still fair. You guys love me so much, I'm back.
Speaker 3: The problem is now is that the encore is written into the set list. Yes, and with Duel liefa my only right, like my owly because their concert was amazing and she's like the hottest thing it's ever graced the planet, but she can also killing literally the entire time. I was like, look at her, she's so hot. The best song, like my favorite song that she sings was in the encore, So I was like, you plan this, Yep, that.
Speaker 2: Was intentional because she knows people like you want to leave early, so I just the masses.
Speaker 1: But you also know that an oncre is coming.
Speaker 3: And the absolute telltale sign of this is that the lights don't go back on, so they.
Speaker 1: Say bye everyone bye, and then they.
Speaker 3: Walk off and it stays pitch black, so you can't leave in if you wanted to.
Speaker 2: And also all their musicians are still gearing up, the drummers, still twirling the drumsticks in his fingers, like you know they're about to crack on.
Speaker 1: But I would appreciate it so much more if they caught us. Betest bade just like.
Speaker 2: Sing it, pump it out, and then at the end you're like, thank you, I'm properly going now, thank you for your time. You know.
Speaker 3: I went to a food Fighters concert forever ago and Dave Grohl is notorious for not doing it eating.
Speaker 1: I mean, sorry what sorry? Continue please? That was a slipper of the tongue for not doing on.
Speaker 3: He's like, we don't do them. We have our set list. People know what they're getting. Just cheer and you know that the last song's coming, so cheer that it's the last song.
Speaker 2: How long do you think after he walked off that people realized you were serious?
Speaker 1: Like, how long do you think people?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: No, you know, so he literally was like at the concert, he said, he said, I don't do on course, you're not getting an on core. This is the last song and it was, and to be fair, like the lights came on. There was quite a few people that stayed and cheered, but then nothing happened and we.
Speaker 1: All left, so people were like, he'll be back.
Speaker 3: I was like, good on him, Good on him for sticking to his guns and staying true to like you don't believe systems at all.
Speaker 2: One concert that I went to, I can't remember who, but it was only in the last two years, and I remember being like, oh that, like they fooled me. They were like bye, thank you for coming, and I was like, it's over, let's go. I don't think they're coming back. And I left to beat everyone. And then as I was like leaving the concert walking to the train, I heard them come back on and.
Speaker 1: I was like, god, damn it. I was like, I missed it.
Speaker 3: That's why I made the feeling dirty about that, aren't you I really am.
Speaker 2: I haven't moved on anyway. Goodbye to the on core. If you're any huge artist listening right now,