Speaker 1: iHeart podcasts. You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Got anything Good?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 3: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey this is Christian here. Thank you very much for checking out today's show. Now, if you listen to our show, you're already one of us. But why don't we take it a step further? I invite you to join our exclusive bright Siders Platinum Club. I'll started calling the show the bright side of the Dial. It's our way of letting you know what are shows about, what we stand for, And the bright side is Platinum Club is our very own inner circle. So come and join us. What do you get when you join the bright Side is Platinum Club. You get your own membership card. You can also get access to our private inner circle. It's a private Facebook group. In there. Our first alerts early ideas before they become anything on the show, which means you can outshape the show and also say no before something becomes a bad idea on the show. You get the time wasters the day before when Rie and I come up with the ideas of the time wasters, you'll hear them before anybody else. Also every Friday, dropping into your inbox a unique private message from me to all the bright Siders. Only the bright Siders not on air. So if you want to join us, the only thing I need you to do is text the word bright Siders to oh four seven five three one oh four three. Look forward to seeing you in there. And now enjoy today's show.
Speaker 3: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, Pats Money coome on in Rio, Good Morning, Good Morning, Alex.
Speaker 4: Morning, morning morning.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get into this week's double thumbs Up. This is where at the start of Friday's show we have you covered on a Friday and I'll it's like you're always trying to work out what TV show out of the thousands to stream right now every movie you ever made. There's too much choice. We cut through that. We go around the team. What are we enjoying at the moment. It might be a new favorite TV show for you. We call it double thumbs up. Patsy, what have you been into?
Speaker 5: Yes, started watching Kylie, which has just dropped this week on Netflix. It's a three part series of Kylie Minogue and essentially her rise to stardom. And it's very raw, it's very honest, and she starts out from her early days as a young girl rising up through the acting ranks, and also you know her massive burst of stardom in the UK.
Speaker 1: And huge in the UK.
Speaker 4: Yes, and it is.
Speaker 1: It's fantastic, the incredible life story as well.
Speaker 5: Amazing my story. So Jason Donovan is on it. Gosh, he's likable, he's I've fallen.
Speaker 1: In love with him a couple of times. That funny guy.
Speaker 6: Oh, he is hilarious.
Speaker 7: In this.
Speaker 5: He tells a story about how they went to an n Excess concert in Sydney. There was him and Kylie and they met Michael behind, you know, backstage.
Speaker 1: And said she forget that she went out with him?
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, and he said there was something off in their relationship because they dated for a long time. He said, I knew there was something not right anyway. So Michael said come to the after party. You've got to come. So it's quite funny how he described it, how the band all got in to this big, long stretch limo after this amazing concert and he said, I had this little banged up Ford Fiesta and Colie and I have got on it. It was really funny, Nick Cave, isn't it as well? Look, it is brilliant and it's very, very honest. And the most startling thing for me at the end of the third episode was how she reveals that she was diagnosed for a second time with breast in two thousand and one and she's okay now, but you know, going through that and it's obviously very traumatic for her. But I think what this will do is like we did and also with Delta when she went through her cancer battle, is it raises awareness. So it's so brilliant of her to share that because it's obviously deeply personal and very traumatic and you know, the rates of mammograms after just the first time was phenomenal. In Australia, overall screening bookings rose forty in the two weeks.
Speaker 6: Took awak publicity yep.
Speaker 5: So look, Risk Cancer Network Australia is your go to ladies. Have a look on the website, any information, they'll show you local screening.
Speaker 1: They are an amazing organization, so well run. They do such great work.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and look there is a helpline number one eight hundred five hundred two five eight, but look them up on the web.
Speaker 6: And do have a look at Kylie. I think you're thoroughly enjoyed.
Speaker 1: It's our show to watch this weekend. So I'm glad it's cood.
Speaker 5: The Michael Hutchins relationship, I can't help but feel that he was her soulmate. And she said, I've been searching for a love like it since and it's actually quite sad.
Speaker 1: Because the whole story him and her and then obviously what happened to him as well to heartbreak in love affairs.
Speaker 5: And you can tell she just lights up when she talks about Michael. So yeah, it's great, great flix.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's show. We're going around the team. You can share yours as well. We call it double thumbs up, basically your recommendations. What are you really enjoying at the moment. Yes, we can go and google, it takes too long. We still love recommendation. Even when I'm shopping, I always have a peek in other people's baskets.
Speaker 4: Recommend stiff, there's.
Speaker 1: Something I didn't know about. I've not tried that flavor of arnets. Thank you stranger for me this week. Then there's a couple of things. We watched the last episode of The Brilliant eight Party on Netflix starring Steve Coogan, the first thing he's ever done for Netflix, serious role, brilliant drama. True story is called Legends. Cannot recommend that enough. You will tear through it over the weekend. Really really good, real life story set in the nineties. The other documentary if you love a sports documentary and I do part of the Untold Stories, which is a very good series on Netflix, is The Miracle of Istanbul. It's the extraordinary comeback story, probably one of the greatest ones in the Champions League of Liverpool in two thousand and five. Three kneel down at halftime. All the players admit they were in a really average team that year and they just thought this is going to be We're going to go down a history as the biggest loss this club's ever had in a European final, and they came back and won it. It's an unbelievable story of sports. The best sports stories are overcoming the os when you're really down. It's the underdog story and it's so well told. The Liverpool I always have a soft spot for Liverpool. Sarah and I my second of a breakfast show that was hired to do. We moved from down South to Liverpool. It's a great city, very very funny people, and they are really funny on this documentary as well. Just a different time as well, a two thousand and five when you were if you won a game, the coach told them that if anyone got in before four am, you would not be playing in the next game. You imagine now there's just for obvious reasons that is not This is when they're trying to make it to the highest stage. They're in the Champions League final. If anyone comes in before four am, you're not playing. But anyway, it's a great documentary, really well made. And then the one thing we're all watching as a family and really enjoying it is the right edge of terrifying as well. It's not out and out horror. It's called Widows Bay. New TV show is getting a lot of hype on and rightly so on Apple TV with Matthew Reese. If you saw The Americans, he's the co star that that is outstanding, really really good fun rio.
Speaker 4: What is it for you?
Speaker 1: What are you enjoying?
Speaker 4: I've just finished watching the Roast of Kevin Hart.
Speaker 1: On not for the not for the If you're easy offended, don't watch it.
Speaker 4: Even me, I'm very much not easily offended. Some of the things that were said shocked.
Speaker 1: I rarely get shocked at stand up. But that again, anything Ricky Juace episode or even Jimmy car not just that they all just have to it up.
Speaker 4: I just have to the camera.
Speaker 1: There's no way you're laughing all that stuff being said about your life.
Speaker 4: The most personal, horrible things said to you, and this camera zooms in on your face. And these celebrities, which is funny.
Speaker 1: And it's half it's half of someone because of all the botox and phyllers, the faces that they're going to crack.
Speaker 4: It's like nothing I've ever seen watching for the Sheer Spectacle.
Speaker 1: And who is your favorite comedian up the Hinchcliff or no, he.
Speaker 4: Started kind of rus me the wrong way Underwood.
Speaker 1: Very really, it's incredible.
Speaker 4: I thought I'll tell you the bits to skip over. Skip over Tom Brady, my lord, that was crucial reading.
Speaker 1: Also, you know, you know what comedy mate, You're a gobo. Stany Lane is like a robot.
Speaker 4: I don't know why they're wheeling out with the most reading.
Speaker 1: Off jokes that he doesn't really understand that he's reading off an auto.
Speaker 4: He doesn't know what he's saying.
Speaker 1: He's got no idea how it works.
Speaker 4: Stand up, They give him like twelve minutes. Yeah, just skip past that. Cher Underwood's incredible, Shane Giller's great.
Speaker 1: Host, and get us. I thought it was brilliant Shore.
Speaker 4: At the start. That song I thought was really funny. Yes, Lizza was brilliant. It's a roller coaster, a lot of highs, a lot of lows, but there's just not TV.
Speaker 1: If you want to be shocked, and I think it's actually good these days to still be shocked, that that will do it for you.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, it will. It will shock. There's no person on earth that won't be shocked by some of them.
Speaker 1: Person I think is genuinely having a good time. I think he always is because he's got so much money as Kevin Hart, I think insisting of money I got for this deal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you want to say horrible things to me for billions of dollars, I'll do it.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a fair deal.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: So that's on Netflix. The Roast of Kevin Hart.
Speaker 3: Correct Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: That's an injuredant opinion on something. My wife and I've come to an agreement about tomorrow, so our twenty eighth wedding anniversary. It's a long time to be with somebody been through a lot, thank you.
Speaker 4: We haven't made it yet because.
Speaker 1: I'm a real player. Anyway, we've come to agreement not to get each other a gift.
Speaker 6: Oh no, that's going to backfire.
Speaker 1: I don't think it will. No, no, no, no, no, she's really got me nothing. No, no, I know she ain't that good an actress. And also that's every year for the lost twenty eight years. In any relationship, there's always someone that likes getting gifts. I love goeing to gives. My wife claims that she gets so nervous at thinking about getting to get gift. She just won't get someone gift.
Speaker 6: Oh she overthinks it, well does she under thinking it?
Speaker 1: Anyway, yesterday I was picking up some takeaway pizzas for us and it was opposite wilds. I've not been to before. I'll get the get the anniversary card. I'll get the anniversary card. This story gets worse. I go in there and I said, old lady, you got any cards in here? And she goes, what did I want? Went an anniversary card? She spied me to take away pizza boxes on my arm and I got oh, she judged me, thinking I'll just remember or I'm trying to make it up with a pizza. Yeah, twenty eight years is hot cheese. So I say to her, don't worry, it's Saturday. That she shoots a look at her assistant like, wait, this guy's got two days, three days, Yesterday, Thursday, and he thinks that this is the play. Don't worry, don't Oh, there's a wall. What's over there? I'll go get And they're well known for having a big range of anniversary cards. The only one, the only one in there for an anniversary was one simply from the man's perspective, and it said I'm not too good at words and emotions, but my wife will know. Well, you are book coming out. This is number five. Where you got this card from? Whose card have you stolen?
Speaker 5: Perhaps a nice letter, that's what you need to do, and definitely buy her something like of course she wants something. Twenty eight years in Christian years is like dog years. It's like, excuse me by seven living with you?
Speaker 1: But you know I can hear this right now.
Speaker 5: She absolutely the first should be treated years like cats.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, you get her something.
Speaker 4: She's not going to get me anything, and you don't want to be she is the gift.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, she'd be very upset if there's a gift, will she genuine no? No, no, no, yeah, yeah she will. She be really distraught. It will actually make the weekend tense.
Speaker 4: Then why are you even considering it?
Speaker 1: Because you don't get it as a gay guy. You don't get ladies stuff. You locked it out. A very simple life, very simple life, a very very I said to my life wanting if I had to put your head on my head like a helmet and and being those thoughts and all that, I think I'd be like, oh go on, sense egs go all these thoughts stop.
Speaker 4: And she'd be like, where are the thoughts.
Speaker 1: In the world? It's just space in here.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show on podcast.
Speaker 1: What did just reach me Alex that you got your moving day wrong? Yeah? How how is that possible?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's a lot going on in my life, Christian, not that much. My life is in boxes. We're moving a surprise. There isn't a couple more boxes and Bonnie's not kicked it to the curve and I'm in the box or take out the ultimate box, so it would all end up in put him in the being get rid of him. How can you get the day? Well, yesterday's show we were talking about movie I told you.
Speaker 8: I was like, aught, it was Thursday, Friday and today?
Speaker 1: How so many questions are spinning around my head right now? Where are the thoughts? So when did you find out? You try and get to the new place the old people there? No, no, you don't move in here.
Speaker 8: Yesterday morning I was like, oh, that's right, it's not until tomorrow.
Speaker 4: So Bonnie thought it was Saturday.
Speaker 9: Is twenty second Friday or Saturday? I'm like, it's Friday. You've booked the prose to come and move you. What are they getting there? They're coming today. I promised you the price. The removalists are coming today at nine am. I managed to push it out an hour because the kids are going to be there from eight. It's going to be absolutely chaos. God, so they'll be at school and it's on like Donkey Kong.
Speaker 1: Yes it Well, so your weekend basically is just unpacking. Yes, it is settling in sorting all that really fun stuff. All right, let's kick off knock off Friday. The best question of the week is, of course, what time are you knocking off today? Tell us what time are you knocking off and what are you looking forward to this weekend? Thanks to four X, the pub is calling somewhere between the first sip and the last lot. It's always a four X right now the show. We are on a mission to save the Australian pups. They're dying out. In the last twenty years, sixty percent of Australian pubs have gone and they're not coming back. Tell us about your local pub that needs saving. This is incredible. Five pubs are going to get five thousand dollars each and another one gets the ultimate makeover. We have five slabs of four X right now to kickstart your weekend. Packing is so much easier with the four X. The four AX will do the unpacking. I called it uncan and unpack helpful. You can have that four X Aria. What time are you knocking off today?
Speaker 4: I'm knocking off at one o'clock and then I'm going back to Sydney to visit my family and then we're going to be in Sydney next week for the state of Origin.
Speaker 1: State of Origin. I cannot work. You excited. You must have been before.
Speaker 4: I'm pumped. I've been to one or maybe that ten years ago. It'll be an experienced life you've never had. It is truly brutal, exciting, very violent.
Speaker 1: I think, can't wait.
Speaker 4: You'll be screened.
Speaker 1: Comatatorial just to watch it on the TV screen, but to be there, Yeah, visceral fill those smacks? Is it like you know when you when I got your tickets go to your first YEARFC event and you're like, oh my god. The noise when they kick each other in the leg and head.
Speaker 4: That first hit off when he's running out hit up, sorry, that first kick when he comes down and smashes into the Queenslanders will be a loud crack like you've never heard before.
Speaker 1: What tell me you knocking off today? What's your weekend?
Speaker 6: Well, I've got a big weekend.
Speaker 5: We're getting two cubic meters of stones delivered on our driveway at eight am in the morning to put across our eight am in the evening and early so we can hit the ground running and we won't about to get the cars out, so we have to clear it, or we can't get the cars out for the weekend because it's getting dumped right in.
Speaker 6: The middle of the drive.
Speaker 1: What we do with all the stones?
Speaker 5: Putting it over the garden beds instead of mulch because the birds were getting in the mulch and digging it everywhere and it fades after a while.
Speaker 6: So a lot of the neighbors have got stones.
Speaker 5: They look quite nice, so we thought, oh yeah, we might jump on It's not a Bogan thing, thank you.
Speaker 1: They're like nature. Do you either want to you know, grave it over or tarmac it over?
Speaker 4: You know, it's like that. Or Italian honors love to put Yeah, pebbles.
Speaker 6: All over there, really, mister stereotype of Friday. Is that wrong?
Speaker 1: Yes, they do.
Speaker 4: They say eighty percent of nonnas have pebbles in front of them.
Speaker 1: That's an eighty eight percent, know they do. They love that. They love a bit of rockery, don't They hate the greenery? Hate the green.
Speaker 5: I've still got lots of greenery much meters.
Speaker 1: I've held an old concrete on it.
Speaker 6: Well, we've got fake turf, so that's great.
Speaker 1: So David Atmer is weeping right now.
Speaker 6: Fake turf, get on it. It's brilliant.
Speaker 1: How much will you be involved with this? Is this poor old Chris's weekend?
Speaker 5: Oh no, I'll be delegating that they need someone to delegate and make the cups of.
Speaker 6: No Chris over there. No, you haven't quite quiet enough there. Put that over there. No, it'll be good.
Speaker 1: Great weekend.
Speaker 3: Ahead of the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: We're doing knockoff Friday. This question to get asked on a Friday is what time are you knocking off today? Turn off to what time are you knocking off today? And what is a highlight for you this weekend? Today? Just like yesterday and also tomorrow. As soon as we knock off the radio show, I will go to another smaller way, smaller studio like a little broom cupboard and speaking to another microphone for four hours as I record the audiobook of my new book Exciting Yesterday for four hours. It's a third done. Know you go slightly crazy, Yeah, you go slightly crazy. But I'm always thinking about the people that get the audiobook, and I guess because of the way people engage with what we do here, all your books when I put them out are really important to people, especially in this country more than you k because it's so big. So people like, oh, I've got a four or five hour drive to go and see my nona. Christian can be he's just doing a show for me. This is me and Christian for a couple of hours. So I always think, oh my god, I wonder who's going to be listening to this. What trip I'm going on with them while we have this conversation. Yes, but yeah, it's it's this. You're sealed into this booth. Had a five minute break yesterday and four hours no. Yeah, yeah. The guy was like, do you want some lunch? And I think no, no, no, let's keep going, get it done. Because I was off sick Monday and Tuesday. I've got to go back tomorrow. Saturday, our wedding anniversary. Fine. My wife seemed fine, it's a perfect she was. Actually she was like, get around the.
Speaker 4: Saturday to herself or love.
Speaker 1: Is the gift, that's the wedding gift. I did say, so you can come with me if you want a just here, just here. The stories private audience, hear those stories you've you've probably heard anyway, certainly don't need to hear again, all right, So knock off Catherine, what tell me you're knocking off today? What's the highlight of your weekend?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: My, hold on on my weekend is just hearing that you're doing the audio version of your book because I love audio books and I preordered yours, brilliance.
Speaker 1: Well, do you know, I'll give you a shout out. I'm about I get stuck into chapter eight to eleven today, so I go, hey, Catherine, Hello, Oh, good on.
Speaker 2: Your thanks so much. Well, in honor of that, I'm going to knock off at eleven thirty and meet about sixty forty to sixty of my friends up at the pub for lunch.
Speaker 4: That's a lot of friends.
Speaker 1: Now, how you're popular. We haven't got that many listeners.
Speaker 2: Well, they have to get my organized there. I'm involved with a bunch of people that we have a couple of ear hairs and a bit of tail on some race horses. So we're a syndicate and we get together for lunch every once in a while.
Speaker 1: Oh, this sounds like a who that is going to be a glass today?
Speaker 10: Is it?
Speaker 1: That's the place to be?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got be remucous trainer and the manager come along and we have a meal and a good old chin wag and a few you know, froppies and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So we have a ball fantastic. That's brilliant. And where are you going? Give your papa shout out? Where you off to?
Speaker 2: Oh it's Staples in mornington.
Speaker 1: Right, Well listen, have a lovely time.
Speaker 2: Good thank you so much, and happy anniversary for tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Have a lovely weekend, counter and thanks to call the show.
Speaker 2: You're welcome by.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Stella. Good morning, Stella.
Speaker 2: Good morning Christian.
Speaker 11: How are you today?
Speaker 1: Stella? That is a classic name. Stella is an awesome name, of course it is.
Speaker 2: It's fine.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever spoken to a stellar before. Wow, first time, eight years after moving here, I finally meet her. Stella. Now, Stella, what time youre knocking off today? Mate? What's the highlight?
Speaker 2: I am knocking off right now because my son gets married tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to you all. Wow, what a bigger moment that's.
Speaker 11: Going to be.
Speaker 7: He's going to share your anniversary, isn't he.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's a good day, twenty third, it's a lucky day. Hey, and tell me this then, how do you feel about that?
Speaker 2: A little said and a little nervous, a little excited, and.
Speaker 11: You're just all over the place.
Speaker 1: And this is this your first one getting married?
Speaker 2: Yes, it is my first son.
Speaker 1: Yeah. God, there won't be a dry eye with you tomorrow. Will then when you see that it's a big thing?
Speaker 2: I bet oh yes, it will be just magnificent.
Speaker 10: I can't wait.
Speaker 11: I'm so thrilled.
Speaker 1: Right, and you got your hair, you got your outfit all sorted.
Speaker 2: All sorted, everything sorted.
Speaker 1: Yep. Good, Okay, Well listen, have a lovely day tomorrow. I hope your whole family does. And congratulations as well.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: It's going to don Nathan. Now, good morning Nathan, Good morning Nathan. What time you're knocking off today? What are you up to this weekend?
Speaker 12: Hopefully about four o'clock taking my son to soccer, to Mari at soccer, and then on Sunday I'm going gold penning down at Allen which is the shol Haven River.
Speaker 1: Fantastic and that's obviously something you've done before.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, absolutely love it.
Speaker 1: And do you get much yeah, it just bits and pieces.
Speaker 12: It's just really fine gold. But yeah, it's great to get out, it's good to get the kids out. There digging hole.
Speaker 1: That's great fun. And what do you do with the bits? Then? Do you do? You get money for them?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 10: I just cave them.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I've got bagger off. So it's just more of the fun.
Speaker 1: You never know. This Sunday might be the lucky one.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm not going to make a million dollars doing it.
Speaker 1: Nathan, thank you very much and give us a call. Have a lovely weekend.
Speaker 10: Thank you so much, you too, and happy anniversary.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Now some emails. This week's a late SLA party. Before that, Patsy a warning for you this weekend about the rocks.
Speaker 6: Oh what's there?
Speaker 1: Christian? Pats has got a life of lifting and washing those rocks unless they are sealed. I have friends that had these, and their weekends are lost to lifting and washing them every few months, or they turned green and sliney like a kind of snot or booger consistency. Patsy will not like that. The highest hyacinth bouquet of the show.
Speaker 5: What am I meant to individually wash its rocks?
Speaker 6: Oh that's my husband? Is that my husband?
Speaker 1: I can imagine Monday Chris's line flats out. He put his back out lifting and wash is a young man's game.
Speaker 6: Can you please right back and tell me what I meant to seal?
Speaker 8: Them?
Speaker 6: Who seals wrong?
Speaker 1: Chris? Can you get back to me? Christian? When you said your wife was fine for you to spend four hours on your anniversary tomorrow doing your audiobook? Did you say it was okay or it was fine? Because, my friend, those are very different answers. You don't want her to say it's fine, otherwise that means you really should be getting a gift. What was it? I k or five? No, it's fine, it's fine, It's fine. Do you know what I thought? Actually I thought the other day, I thought, you want me quite a nice thing to do to write down some of the things I've learned from twenty eight years of marriage. I got to one thing right, and I put aside an hour and I couldn't think of anything else. I'd actually knows so sad. It's so sad that you're always deep making the same mistakes, even now in the eve of twenty eight years, and I'm like, should I get a give? Does she really mean it's okay to work for four hours on Saturday late late the parties home of all your delicious emails. We love getting your emails. Anything you hear us talk about on the show, or may you be catching up with an old podcast. Nothing we talk about on the show we ever leave completely behind. You can pick it up whenever you want and get involved in the conversation inboxes always word open. Christian at Christian O'Connor dot com dot are you John O? Step Brothers update. Christian listening to punny business Names UH podcast from a couple of weeks ago. We were talking about good names and businesses. You know, companies make a lot of effort like Walck and roll. Uh, there's a lowmown business. Dave told us about just roots and leaves. Christian, you were talking about the stair builders called step Brothers. My son is a joiner who works for them. What are the odds? And get this, the owners Paul and Simon actually are step brothers. You're amazing.
Speaker 4: Is the best thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: They have a business called step Brothers and wait for it, they're not only do they work in the step making stair building business, they are step brothers.
Speaker 4: And this surname is John and Steve step incredible.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Johno for updating about that, and then Jane's got this, and I'm sure we can all relate to this. Christian mind is not about snacks of the show the other week. It's about somebody that's sneaky. My girlfriend girl out and gets her husband's dry cleaning. She keeps all the plastic and coat hangers in the back of the car, so when she goes and buying news clothes, she puts them on there. Her husband thinks she's just picking up the dry cleaning. That is brilliant, That is genius. Got the level of ingenuity to play the long game. Hang on, what else could I do with those hangers? Does anyone else do this thing sometimes where if you have a snack or anything, you will have it around the corner or park up sometimes by the side of our outside of stranger's house, eat it and then destroy the evidence in their.
Speaker 4: Bin, Yes, either their bin or maybe like a local you know the local bins that you can put counsel stuff in. You have to destroy the evidence otherwise they will find it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kaitlin, is this sure? Do you do that?
Speaker 14: I literally do this a month ago. So my partner, very strict on food, doesn't ever, let us get takeaway. I got some cheeky chicken nuggets the other day, and oddly I went to go and pick up my dry cleaning and I saw just a local bin, so I grabbed it out of my bag, im my car, I took it and I popped it in the bin on the way to the dry cleaners too.
Speaker 1: You feel good, one stone, don't you feel so good? If they're never gonna know and they go, are you hungry?
Speaker 4: Ah, not my hungry at the moment.
Speaker 1: I'm all right to leave it for a couple of hours and then they go, have you eaten? Have me swear your breath? I smell nugs, I smell nags. Thank you very much. Sure Her emails Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com Today.
Speaker 3: You Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm gotta be honest. I'm having trouble focusing. And hour and twenty minutes ago, the team putting an order for some hot food. A team member said, all the way, and I'm gonna go on the way and I'm gonna grab some food. It shows them what's over. Guys, don't tease me. Twenty minutes ago, if you say this, hamm and cheese toasty coming. I presume it's coming in the next five minutes. I'm not mean my my stomach brain does. And it's been gurgling for the last hour and twenty minutes. Who is it? Day, She's toasty made? There?
Speaker 4: You know, milk, milk carving up the sound?
Speaker 1: Where are you question? The smell of hot chips lingers for a long time? True, wow, sounds like opening to a great classic novel. The smell of hot chips lingers for a long time. You need to drive with the windows open and air going for at least ten minutes. We got to come back to this. On Monday, one of you coined it sneaky business. Dan did the something, and I think that's a great phrase, the sneaky business. Not about people having an affair or anything like that. Sorry, no one, No one suggested that you sound shifting. You're the one that you did. Did you hear them guys?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I heard it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Did you hear that sweat there?
Speaker 1: What are you up to?
Speaker 4: What are you?
Speaker 1: A lot of business trips recently to Sydney? Who is Sydney? Another guy? Wow, you dirty old dog, that's what we're doing. Monday caught out if you called Rio and you're a dirty dog, call him Monday. First call Rio in the studio. The calls coming from within the building, the smell of hot chips lingers for a long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were listening and calling and choosing the music, and just when hit eh, somebody paying the station choutting play the people's play Listen Christian calling right now, help Christian songs for Friday show.
Speaker 1: All right, people's playlist. We give you a theme. You pick all the songs. Every Friday, we had the music over to you. Today's one songs about cheating. You got it? Got it? You really want to confess, don't you?
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 1: What have you been up to? No? No, no, no, no, no no no nothing now nothing now Wow?
Speaker 6: To save space.
Speaker 4: Space in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right today from eight this morning and whole albums it picked by you. The themes songs in the title I, You we Me, It's gotta have I, You we Me? Any of those? Not all those, by the way, always think of a single song cool are you we Me? We all know there's unngeons on them whole Now. I'm easy to pick. It's gonna have I in the title, or you or we or me or you. I we me coming up on that one the last five minutes. All right to Aria, what have you got?
Speaker 4: I've got a forgotten banger from two thousand and four. Everyone listening will go ah this song. Gavin de Grare. I don't want to be love this.
Speaker 1: This is a blast in the past.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a time when white guys that wore hats ruled the airwaves. Gavin de Graw, Jason Moraz, John Mayer, Benley.
Speaker 1: Chase some Moran. Yes, I'd fight as well, the same thing as well with old mate with a surfboard on the beach and a guitar. Johnson, who I meant Johnson?
Speaker 4: You how big that was?
Speaker 1: He was huge?
Speaker 4: Taylor?
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, brilliant song. Patsy, what are you going for me?
Speaker 6: It doesn't mean my Kylie phase? Again?
Speaker 5: Can't you get that? Can't get out of my mouth? But let's not get it? Can you just play the song please?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I just had a brain freeze. What bell is that? I can't get you out of my had Friday.
Speaker 1: Wows So.
Speaker 6: I have to see the Netflix stock o this week. Say it it is brilliant.
Speaker 1: Brandiant song, good Friday banger songs with you. I love me Alex.
Speaker 8: You might have worked up a bit blue this morning. You might be a bit slow just getting into life. But you know what you do. You put this song on. You put this song on on What I Like About You by the Romantics. This gets me going every Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a vibe.
Speaker 1: It's a caffeine shot, it's a double shot. Year.
Speaker 8: I was born day, and I need to play this today while I'm moving, just to get me going.
Speaker 1: You've got the show. You check the calendar, mate, you got the right day. They probably already moved last week. Hey, wait a minute, this isn't my wife day. Who's cheating? This is my life? Who's cheating? You feature on the Monday? Who's cheating? Who? Who's cheating? Who? All right, we can work it out.
Speaker 3: Working Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's better. Don't I sound batter to listen to you? You know why? I've just had my ham and cheese toasty elicious. We don't make it you hungry? Oh my god, doesn't it feel good to have warm food this sundery morning? New person, PERSI if you had.
Speaker 5: Yours, I've just woken up for the day. I think now I've got some food.
Speaker 1: Round into the last hour or two.
Speaker 5: Makes such a difference when you eat breakfast like it gets you going for the.
Speaker 1: Day, are you Professor Andrew.
Speaker 9: Yoga?
Speaker 6: But I forgot this morning?
Speaker 1: That's just invented breakfast.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I tell you what. I wish you'd have had some food before that last break I just said to a lucky sound wizard, can you get the audio? This is it? It sounds like we've played around with it. This is how it went out live.
Speaker 6: Can't you get there?
Speaker 10: There?
Speaker 5: Can't get out of my mouth, but let's not get it? Can you just play the song?
Speaker 1: Please? You were just trying to say, can't get you out of my head? That's all you.
Speaker 12: Need to do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, No, what song do you want to hear? Love?
Speaker 6: Can't you get it?
Speaker 10: There?
Speaker 5: Can't get out of my mouth, but let's not get it? Can you just play the song?
Speaker 1: Play?
Speaker 11: Can you?
Speaker 4: Let's not get it?
Speaker 1: And it's getting angry with can you just play the bloody song?
Speaker 4: Can I get out of my mouth?
Speaker 1: Idiot?
Speaker 6: It's my rap version?
Speaker 1: Yeah it is.
Speaker 5: Can't you get that? Can't get out of my mouth? But let's not get it? Can you just play the song play?
Speaker 6: I say, we have toasty Friday?
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, I agree, I agree, I agree. But let's start the show with before the show starts, not midway in the second half. All right, So songs coming up from a picked by you. Today's people's play. This is songs and in the title they must have me or myself or I or week?
Speaker 4: Yes me?
Speaker 1: Can we just play the hour?
Speaker 8: Me? I?
Speaker 1: We you you get myself from anyway? Janew come on in, Janelle.
Speaker 11: Good morning Christian.
Speaker 1: Janell, what would you love us to play?
Speaker 11: We are the championsh.
Speaker 1: It's on Big Friday Bager. Thank you very much, Janell. Have a lovely weekend. Veronica. Good morning, hazards on Veronica.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Christian and gang Happy Frye.
Speaker 1: Habby Frye Veronica. What can we play you this morning?
Speaker 7: You say every morning, Christian, call me by Blondie.
Speaker 1: Here's my handsome This is a great song Friday banger as well. Veronica, have a lovely weekend. Thanks for calling, Thanks Christian. Robin. Good morning, Robin, Oh.
Speaker 4: Robin, Yes here, Hi.
Speaker 1: A little bit of hide and seek going on today with the This is Robin. What can we play you?
Speaker 2: Ah, it's by the promises.
Speaker 7: Baby's you who makes.
Speaker 1: It feels like peak before there was pink creepin Ah, that's brilliant.
Speaker 12: I love it.
Speaker 4: Number four in Germany.
Speaker 1: This song that's based. That's how this gold playlist is always based around what happens in Deutschland. As Suderboss calls it, great song, Robin, thank you much. Some of the other ones coming in take me Home, Country Roads, Alex.
Speaker 5: You can only have one song not to go this, John Ye.
Speaker 1: Five real singers today, strong sledges, a darkness. I believe in a thing called love. Yes, let's play this. I saw them here last year. They were st Australia Get Still Amazing, Livested Hurt.
Speaker 4: It's so good.
Speaker 1: Let's cover and let's say better the Devil. You know. I'm going to begin the hour with this part. See you love her? What's the song you love?
Speaker 6: Can't you get you can't get out of my mouth? Let's not get it? Can you just play the song plays?
Speaker 1: Okay? Next coller Uh, the Who and then one. If you turn this station on, it's not the mondo rock or it's this eminem cleaning up my closet. It's always the trigger track. As well, isn't it. It's sur be guaranteed bound to be this. You know John a Dre remix. You know that big old eleven minute one we often play at midday eminem at lunch Whither without you? That has to play till the next hour? And what about this trans vision van blast from the eighties? And also yes, Shane listening in Sydney is a fellow fan of Della Soul. It's just me and myself and I.
Speaker 4: Make believe people stay this back.
Speaker 3: To yeah yeah, job of play The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Thank you listener, Fraser, Christian is the fog clears your show is like the blue sky shining through and a ray of sunshine hitting people directly in the heart phrase, I don't need punching anyone in the heart. I'm happy to park clouds, but I don't need punching anyone in the heart. That's not my vibe. I'm not a heart piercer or heart puncher.
Speaker 4: Did he hear them?
Speaker 1: I'm more a heart hickler. Have you just tuned in Patsy's great form today?
Speaker 6: Can't you get bit?
Speaker 15: There?
Speaker 5: Can't get out of my mouth? But let's not get it Can you just play the song?
Speaker 1: Play now? A week from now? Isn't it the podcast towards I'm going to send them this so when you win, and you deserve to win, by the way, this is what they should plays. You walk up?
Speaker 6: Can't you get bit there? Can't get out of my mouth? But let's not get it? Can you just the song?
Speaker 1: Play? Stop fucking around? His play? Can you? You're not helping so much like your human beat box remixing herself Fred again doing a human beat Boys, it's a high level of skill to actually be able to do such a thing. Really all right today when you can feel stories of catchers and drops? What have you got? What's happened? Which one of you canchel drop?
Speaker 4: I've got drop. I was at my mate Callum's wedding. He was marrying a lovely Jewish girl that had a big Jewish wedding and they got to the part of the night where they do the horror, you know, they do the big circle and they do that. The half and the Gillers were starting, how's the big guy? He's six nine gigantic watch yeah, he's a big boy. No, no, no, where this is going? And the three guys they got to hoist.
Speaker 1: Him up three thirty three.
Speaker 4: Straight away, I was like, this ain't going.
Speaker 1: To absolutely no human pyramid is not happening.
Speaker 4: The Maths eight method. And they start hoisting him up and it's already bobbing like of course they get maybe to shoulder height and at this point it's like it's like slowly slowly like and once it hits you know, goes past a certain.
Speaker 1: Colling, hit the ground. I thought this was going to be a story about heroic catch catch your mate, you're watching the whole thing.
Speaker 4: I'm not jumping under that six foot nineve.
Speaker 1: On his wedding day. Wow, friends like this incredible. Welcome to commercial radio in Australia. That is.
Speaker 4: Catch catch no no, no, wow, wow wow wow.
Speaker 1: That is That is God. Now. A couple of years ago we got a story from your friend Hammy. His story is incredible. Have I listened to this then? Talk about not just it's not just a story about a drop, it's redemption as well. And also been caught out having a sick day.
Speaker 10: I took a day of sickly at work, so I put attend to domestic game at Junction Oval and Massive six came my way here was my moment to achieve my wife ambition, and I dropped it. And where I worked, I've got about sixty TVs in the office. They all had the game on. I've missed my chance and I got furned out by my boss Calian. I had in my failure for about twelve months. Who went back to Junction Oval for another game. I've got another chance, and this time I record it.
Speaker 1: We have the audio from the commentary happened to this? So this is the drop how he's dropped. Oh, that's a fier start, that is, there's a crowd catch. It's gone down, but Marcus Harris won't be.
Speaker 4: Worried about that.
Speaker 1: And then a year later, redemption.
Speaker 13: He's just got down and he's absolutely unloaded over along on and it's taken. Oh, you're gonna be good to take catches in the crowd, Darren.
Speaker 4: And he's done just that.
Speaker 1: He's clearly everything that is. He wouldn't he be Wow, were you a hero? That is such a great redemption story.
Speaker 4: And he'll buddy tell you about it. Hammy, who is my mate every time at the part I know this word for word, beat for beating this story.
Speaker 1: But listen to that singled out in the commentary.
Speaker 13: He's just got down and he's absolutely unloaded over along on and it's taken. Are you gonna be good to take catches in the crowd, Darren?
Speaker 1: And he's done just that? Is he wouldn't he be now participate? Then?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: Certainly? Jumping up and down on a chain, You've obviously done it. She's going to have that the world's greatest catch story.
Speaker 14: Growing up in it, I do, yeah, okay. I was in year twelve. I was pulled into the girl's softball team. I'd never played it in my life ever. Ever, don't know any of the rules. Still to this day, I don't know the rules.
Speaker 1: So I was p radio.
Speaker 14: I was put into the outfield. This was to get into the state championships, right. I am standing in the outfield. This chick, who is their best player on the other side, hits this ball. It comes flying through the air in my direction.
Speaker 1: I put my mit up.
Speaker 6: Literally, I can't even see it.
Speaker 14: I just put it up and hope and bang I catch it. My whole team's running around like jumping screening through the air. We got her out and she was their best player. And I didn't even know how to play, and I caught her out. We won it, and we went to the state championships. We didn't win that, but that doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: That is incredible. Sometimes wet to juicate next night speaking to a ten year old kid in it today school my head, I'm going to have a bloody play it or anything like that.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Right now, your stories, Catchers and drops ten years ago were at my wife's grandmother's funeral. I'm one the coffin bearers. So there's six of us, Okay, it's in honor to do that. And however, one of my very young it turns out quite weak cousins who she really favored, you know, was also chosen. And I said to my he's not strong enough. Yep, less her. She was a lovely woman, a strong sturdy woman. Right, it's but strong sturdy woman. We need, I need six men. This is not a job for a weak boy child. It's not. She has no no tent. When he wants apartments, I don't know he does, but you don't get to sletch your souse sometimes in life. I think he needs to be on the bench. No, no, he really wants to be okay. Anyway, we're walking down the aisle. Suddenly it's a really long walk, and he's in front of me, and he's starting to know. He's stopping to wabble, and it's a long way down this church aisle, and I think we're actually not going to make it, you know, when he actually gets scared, actually really scared, like something actually really bad is going to happen. I'm like, if we drop this, how solid are these coffins? I don't want to find out. Then it starts that he's really Now it's tilting and he's buckling, and we're all trying to get another hold on it and the handles and so everyone's now readjusting and it's moving too quickly. The priest runs, I mean jobs, she runs towards us, palms off young Ted like pushes him out the way, gets under the coffin. Poor old Nana lifts it up and we begin going.
Speaker 4: You can just here sniggers.
Speaker 1: It's like a Mexican wave of people try not to laugh, and then just explosions of laughter. And she would have loved it.
Speaker 4: I reckon, she knew, that's why she I reckon.
Speaker 1: She was leaning down. She knew her last joke. All right, we've got some stories about your catches and drops. Andrea, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 15: Thank you for making my day so happy with your program.
Speaker 1: Oh bless you, Andrew. What a beautiful thing to say, and thank you very much for being part of it. Now, Andrew, what is your story?
Speaker 7: Oh about fifteen years ago, I used to teach English to Japanese students who came over to Australia, and I thought I'd give them a really good experience, and I took them to the local rodeo, you know, bucking bulls.
Speaker 1: And oh it's a well known thing to do, isn't it with sister take to the road, A little taste of home, a.
Speaker 15: Taste of home.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 15: Anyway, we're sitting in the front row with this big arena, and all the bulls came out, and then they had the horses, because the horses are a bit more flighty, to give a bit more experience. Anyway, this cowboy is riding this horse, and all of a sudden he comes past us, and the horse gave one big buck. He fell off, got flew through the air, and he landed on my lap.
Speaker 7: And a few Japanese kids left.
Speaker 15: Yep, yep. These girls are you know, very prim and proper and all this time of thing.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a magic mic show. You went to. It was stripping rodeo, your lap and the rodeo really begins now a lap rodeo.
Speaker 15: Anyway, nobody was hurt. They couldn't believe their eyes. And then the manager came up and after or to come back after the rodeo to meet the horse and to meet the rider.
Speaker 1: Wow, you've got when you get back to Kyoto.
Speaker 4: We met the rider.
Speaker 1: Wow, we really met the ride.
Speaker 15: Up close and personally, I've never been to a rodeo.
Speaker 1: Since there's no lap dancewer this one. I want my money back. Yes, and great story, Andrew, This is a classic story. Thank you so much for corning and have a lovely weekend.
Speaker 15: Yeah, same to you, Christian guys. Thanks very much.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Ansha Test, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 11: I've got a catch story.
Speaker 1: Yes, off you go. I'm loving these stories today. Off you go. Test.
Speaker 11: So I was about eight years old and our whole family went to Bali for a holiday and we went to one of those massive water slide parks and my younger brother was adamant that he really wanted to go on like the largest slide that they possibly had, and so it was this huge fine but the water at the end was quite deep, but he wanted to go. So my mom said to my dad, I'll take the kids up and i'll send tests down first, and then when you see tests come out, you hop in the water at the end and you can catch my younger brother when he comes out. And so we said, okay, fine. We went up to ten thousand steps all the way to go up there, and my dad's going, okay, I'll just hang out on the side of the pool, and so we get up to the very top and my youngest brother gets cold feet, and so there's this huge line of people behind us. So my mum's getting a bit flustered and you're thinking, I don't want to do and she's trying to talk him into doing it, and he's getting more and more upset. And so there's this massive seventeen year old boy that kind of would probably be one hundred and twenty kilos behind us, and she goes, you just go go, just go go, and I'll talk to him. So he sends this kid down and so then Lee's father, he's at the end, and this port aten year old boy comes barely out the end of the water slide and there's this four year old Italian man at the end.
Speaker 16: Come then my mom and I and my brother come kind of slowly swishing down, and it's kind of thirty minutes later with this very cool, like shy look sheep.
Speaker 11: You look at her face, and my father's.
Speaker 1: Just so murderous.
Speaker 4: It's a common thing in this story.
Speaker 1: Isn't it. Yeah, Test, thank you very much your story.
Speaker 3: Christian Condall Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: This sister Christian O'Connell showed time waste stuff all right, time wasted. Today we are looking for your pop songs out for grabs FI one hundred dollars Holy Mooney Golf Club gift card, any excuse for a work party at Hony Mooney Golf Club. Book now, pub songs, I don't mind. When the show is on a mission, save your pub. Tell us about your local pub that needs saving. They are dying out. Sixty percent of our local pubs have gone in the last two decades. Heartbreak in let's do something about that. We'll look confutered to us about your local pub that needs saving. Thanks to four X, we have five thousand dollars for five pubs. They're each going to get five thousand dollars and another one gets the ultimate makeover. Head to the Gold website dot com. DoD a you, Jason Christian, have you got any slams before it's left? Love to drink while whilst watching the Supercars and Tasmani this weekend? Jason. We will silt you out for that, all right. What do we think are in the top five most common pub names in Australia? Imperial not in the five Royal number one pub?
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, Railway, number five, Pats Commerci, Yes, and number two all right?
Speaker 1: Two more to guests. You see these everywhere corner. No, the.
Speaker 4: That doesn't help us.
Speaker 1: The most common name pup is there no Grand compared with the Grand Hotel, isn't it? Yes? And then club?
Speaker 4: Oh true true?
Speaker 1: All right, So we're looking for your pub songs, little mix love to get around in probably guess when we go shout out to my four x gold a million, well the best of the year, righty abba? Love to go down there local Swedish pub and take a pint on me. I am a little bit finish himself. That's right. They're boozing my religion. Boozing my religious religion. Silver and Papa is that the bag is getting some Let's get some food for us, some barsacks. Papa's got a brand new bank of Christ Silver all right, in case you're wondering, and what have you got? Real pub songs?
Speaker 4: Hey Snitty, Hey schnitty, you're.
Speaker 8: A fan you Yeah, I don't encourage him, which yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: The ververts out of the pub. They're saying, the jugs don't work.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's gonna be Victoria Bitter Sweet Symphony.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 4: Dang, Alan Farson's project out of the pub.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, we're going prog rop from the seventies.
Speaker 13: Wow, that promises they're playing Actually they're a live ban they're playing Schooner or later.
Speaker 1: That's good. Silver and Pharrell loves for X.
Speaker 4: Yeah he's always singing because I'm Tappy loves a straight out of the time.
Speaker 1: Stingy Stink is knocking at the door once it's time.
Speaker 3: Was Christian Gondal Show podcast.
Speaker 1: We're looking for your pub songs down the time, Waistuff, don't worry, be happy Hour, Silver Beach Boys Round Round, I buy around, I get around, Run to Parmidie silver me not oil better Burnie? What about the pub taps are turney? What about no?
Speaker 4: What about no? Scudi?
Speaker 1: Put some schooners on me? Silver ready barb. That's that's great, isn't it? Kelly getting snitty with it? O Keith, I like mit nuts and I cannot lie Silver your twist and shout you're silver hot in the snitty gold get towns to my dream is getting my bar silver? O Kahn, Palmer Chameleon, Tracy, well done, Pokey's face silver, don't stop beer leaving silver Bohemian schnapsody. Yes, you could get old school the cure snaps silver fas Wendy George Michael. I want your for X, what she wants your four x gold, A million z eezy tops. She's got kegs, she's got keggs. I have that, World done, Frederick sweet pint of mine silver. Mm hmm you can call me Ale. No, you're right now, World on tim p ours. That is very good. Pomemea gold either cider silver plus dancing in the schoon light schoon light was a good. Yeah, alright, who's best in show? One last one? I love this. Distraits twisted by the pool table.
Speaker 4: Gold, but the winner. She's got kegs. Frederick.
Speaker 1: Yes, Frederick is how you say his name? Yeah you have Frederic you are today He's winner.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 1: The Chemist ware House Mayhem sale is on now. Stock up and save and shop half priced cosmetics and vitamins at Chemist ware House. It's shopping store online today