Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: This is the Flex and Frooms catch Up podcast.
Speaker 1: You're back with Flex and Frooms here on cater We're with you from three to five PM. And whether you like it or not, the Kardashians come up quite a lot in conversation. I guess that's what it's like living in a society. Yeah, they are part of the society. I'm like, neither obsessed nor unobsessed with the Kardashians. I just think it's interesting that there is one family that is garnering so much attention. It's a great marketing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when it comes to marketing and business acumen, I'm on it.
Speaker 2: Do I watch the show?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Am I like up to date with the gossip. No, but they're businesses are watching.
Speaker 1: And I'm not pressed by them either, I'd say, but I came across this article in the City Morning Herald. It was by a writer called Brody lang Custer. She's really great. She also is on TikTok and she does like spreadsheets where she does spreadsheets all in her life. You know, I don't have an intention to man to watch them properly, but I really like what you.
Speaker 2: Don't have attention to them. Where's the lie in that?
Speaker 1: As you know, if you work with me? And she was discussing whether or not the era of the Kardashians is over.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know about you, but sometimes I go back and watch the first season of Kardashians. Really yeah, it's really good watching because it's interesting. They're very unfiltered, and I think it's the perfect kind of like capsule of what makes the Kardashians so great, what makes them so appealing, And it's because you love to see a family do what a lot of families do. Yes, they're richer than most people, but still they have fights, they don't like when they steal each other's tops, et cetera. They're just like us.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and yeah, so Brady was lamenting whether or not the Kardashians are on the decline because apparently this year the Megala, none of them have been invited. Really yeah, I don't know whether or it's true, but I guess it comes to the conclusion. I think we spoke about a few months ago, how like you can't in your sleigh era, so to speak, for more than seven years at a time, like.
Speaker 2: Well, what did we put a number to it. I think we did.
Speaker 1: It was about celebrities and how like they go through you.
Speaker 2: Please confirm because through seven years? Did we through?
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 2: Trying to? You said that you can only be in your sleigh era for seven years. I don't know if I said that.
Speaker 1: I swear you said, or like no, no, no, no, no no, it was three year cycles of sleigh and flop.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: But I do believe that you can't truly slay without flopping. And I think that flopping usually is a well timed off peak season. So after you drop the album and you tour it, yeah, you take a break because you can't withstand that amount of fame. It has to fall off, and you need to choose when you fall off. You need to choose when you flop so you can come back and slay.
Speaker 1: I swear you said that there was like three You.
Speaker 2: Just said you don't have an attention span.
Speaker 1: I think maybe you're thinking of the seven years of bad luck thing. Nah, I'm not sure, Yeah, babe, I said, I actually do because I remember it, and I don't remember many things, but the cut.
Speaker 2: One more time. You don't remember many things, but this one.
Speaker 1: Do you think that the Kardashians will ever really die off in our lifetime?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Or no?
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 1: I think that they will always have some remnants of like like we were talking about the other day about Northwest and how like her being on TikTok is potentially a ploy for them to like continue marketing products because eventually she will be the new Kim, etc. You know, something in that vein. So I'm not sure if they'll ever die off. I think that obviously there'll be other massive people that come through, but their legacy will remain. The legacy that they're built is extremely strong.
Speaker 2: Do you what do you think? Yeah, I don't think they'll die off.
Speaker 3: There's too many of them, Like there's so many different opportunities to refabricate some drama. I just think that they have exhausted drama. They made drama the norm for them, and so I think they need to actually fall off a little bit and come back with something fresh to be seen as interesting or worth paying attention to. Because when you hear our Kim's on it again, she said something insensitive again, she said something out of touch again, or there's another rumor, there's another like Okay, we've heard the same thing every day for the last ten years, fall off for six months, like what Kylie did when she was having her first baby, and she did not share that pregnancy at all, only to you do a hard launch of beauty collection with the same name as her daughter when she gave birth.
Speaker 2: That's how you do it. That was pretty amazing.
Speaker 3: That's how you do it. It was incredible. So watch this space, watch their space.
Speaker 1: I guess, well, yeah, I guess their space is in our space, though, is it not?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: In the twenty first century?
Speaker 2: Co owners, you've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast. For more, tune Indicater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.