Speaker 1: Laura, come on, I know everyone.
Speaker 2: Hoo girls, Laura, I'll call everyone. We're all on a perky mood. That's because everyone's well fed. I was just making myself a pre pickup snack. I bring my own ingredients now because I have been told I have to bring my.
Speaker 3: Own because you're expecting us to buy you lunch every day.
Speaker 4: Girl. It was off two years ago and then it just stuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys did buy me lunch every show, and then you think Life on Cut Conglomerate almost went bankrupt, and it was because I was eating my weight and chicken cheninsels every day. So I make my own sandwiches anyway. Produce A Grace walks by and she goes, oh, that looks really good. Yeah, you've got another two bits of breadth that.
Speaker 1: You make me one and I went absolutely sure. Now, so now look at what are you eating, Producer Grace, A.
Speaker 3: Turkey salad sandwich. It's so good.
Speaker 5: Well, now I hope that that's gonna Why is this something that's so special that you make, Grace as say, is that you canna do this every day for the rest of the year.
Speaker 3: Absolutely yes, for I am you deserve it.
Speaker 1: I just want to show you. This is what you do for coworkers. You love, you provide.
Speaker 4: We bought you lunch for two years and you didn't make us a turkey.
Speaker 3: Sandwich, not once. I'm still waiting for my turkey sandwich wasting away here.
Speaker 4: Little Skinny actually walked in with my lunch today, my hand. I'm not you can't make this up. I walked in with a chicken wrap. Mitch was like, I'm really hungry. Can I finish that? And I had that awkward moment. I was like, okay, so I handed him the end of my rap.
Speaker 2: I did finish the bottom of it.
Speaker 3: I think of you as like a little child sometimes, and it's not because.
Speaker 1: You're I'm an equal, No, you are.
Speaker 3: You are an equal.
Speaker 5: You're equal in power, you're equaling your you're superior funniness. But sometimes sometimes in childishness, I'm like, you could be my child.
Speaker 1: You know what. I'm actually really happy with that. I think that works really well because sometimes I look at you and you think and I think, sister, you go mummy, no, sister. I was realizing where that was going, and I said, sister.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I think that's a bit too far.
Speaker 5: Okay, Anyway, look today, we do ask on Cut on Thursdays. It's where you guys have the opportunity to call in with your big problems. And even though we have absolutely no qualifications, we do other stance of them.
Speaker 3: And there is Abby.
Speaker 5: She's giving us a call and her question is very interesting, and I think it's something a lot of people deal with when they have a partner who's simply not putting the effort in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big one, she's happy. But should she stay or should she go? She'll break up with him on the air. Who knows? We can try?
Speaker 1: He joins his next from ours can.
Speaker 6: Ask uncut?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: So ask on Cut is our favorite. We do it every Thursday. And that's where someone a listener rings up and tells us their biggest, deepest, darkest problem. And we have Abby on the phone and she's got some relationship issues today to talk about.
Speaker 1: Hello Abby, what's going on in your life?
Speaker 6: Hit us?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 6: Everyone?
Speaker 7: Oh my god, please please help me. So my partner and I we've been together for about three years now. And look, we're a classic twenty first century tinder romance.
Speaker 5: But you're also a COVID romance. If you're three years ago, you got together during COVID.
Speaker 7: True, that's true, which actually probably may fall into why this has been a problem somewhat. But you know, my issue is just my partner and I we don't ever really go out.
Speaker 3: I find that he's just doing cod.
Speaker 7: Yes, he's not very spontaneous, and I feel like I'm continually asking just to be taken out for a dinner or even just for a coffee. But for him, you know, I understand he's quite an anxious person. He's very much a homebody. To understand that's out of his comfort zone. But you know, for me, I'm sure we can all agree we just like to have that little special moment where they just want to take us out, you know, and everbody to show us off to the world. But I just don't get that.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think if leaving the house is out of his comfort zone, I think you've got bigger problems.
Speaker 5: Well, also makes sense as to why this relationship really kicked off during a time where nobody left that it'd be nice.
Speaker 1: My question is, Eddie, how is it, aside from the fact that he doesn't see sunlight? Like, is the love good? Is it you're good in bed? Is he kind to you? Do you like him.
Speaker 4: I love him.
Speaker 7: I'm definitely in love and beautiful. And I've got to admit I'm definitely a socially anxious person myself. So I'm very much a homebody as well, and I love my routine. But you know, I'm just kind of asking for maybe on my birthday wee could go out for dinner, you know. So I totally I get where he's coming from, and we do really work well like that, but I just, you know, i just want a bit of spontaneity, and I'm all I'm asking for is you know, once every six months, and I'm not asking for every night.
Speaker 5: Do you think that it comes down to as well? Do you think he lacks motivation to do these things or do you think it's purely just these introverted like He's not lazy, is he?
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm happy to admit we're both probably pretty lazy. I'm just I'm happy to say that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, sometimes you just get used, You kind of just get comfortable, and then when you're comfortable, you can't be bothered. It's not that you're as too introverted to go out, you just can't be bothered.
Speaker 2: And that's such a nice spot to be in a relationship too. Yeah, but I've been on a relationship. No, no, but but it's such a nice feeling that it's so easy to get stuck in right that that comes tobil.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but relationships are about meeting halfway right, And it sounds like ninety nine point nine percent of the time you're meeting his needs by not going out and not doing the activities and not doing the fun things like you literally just said one day every six months, you'd be happy.
Speaker 3: I think that that's something.
Speaker 4: If he can't meet you there with one day, there's something really not right with the relationship. And I hate to say that, but he needs to meet your needs as much as you meet his. So I think it's about finding something that he is comfortable with. You don't want to put somebody in an uncomfortable situation. But I don't believe there's not one hundred things he'd be happy to go and do. Go through a list of hobbies and activities. So you want to play squash, tennis, go for a walk, go to a movie, go to a dinner. You can get a private table, not away from people.
Speaker 2: I've got an escape room because it's inside, so we can lead dark and it's really dark, and he'll struggle to get out, he'll be in heaven.
Speaker 7: But I totally I totally agree because I think that's I understand where he's coming from, because you know, sometimes, as I said, I can feel uncomfortable and anxious going out. So I don't want to put him off by making him do these things. But yeah, so it's just about maybe the compromise and thinking, you know what, what what can we do?
Speaker 5: Then you would feel like doing finding somewhere that's like a bit quiet or a bit moody and has the atmosphere.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're not going to take him to a rave on a date might not be his thing if.
Speaker 4: You're in a picnic but it's quiet.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm not putting it back on you either, Abby, But if something that you want to know, if he's not going to ask you, she's already doing organ No, she's already doing it all.
Speaker 6: I'm planna.
Speaker 7: Yeah, sorry, Mitchell. I am the plan and in this relationship, I'm the one putting in dates and times and telling us what we're going to do. He's very blase about that, and he needs to make effort.
Speaker 6: Women.
Speaker 4: Women want to feel like someone.
Speaker 3: Women want women What women want?
Speaker 1: What do I want?
Speaker 5: Don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited that.
Speaker 3: I can't get the word out.
Speaker 4: Women want every now and then. Women want every now and again the person in their life, men or women to just take the responsibility away from They want someone to walk up and say, you be ready at seven o'clock on Friday because I'm coming where this is, because it's happening. I'm going to take you for the night of your life.
Speaker 5: Women just want it, not know I'm with you on this, And the reason for that often is because as women, they often carry a lot of the mental load and a lot of the organization, and so when you're the one organizing everything and the other person just has to show up, it just is the most like minimal amount of effort for that person.
Speaker 3: So grow up, match. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, guys, love that you put all the time into telling me what women want. But I date men. So thanks thanks listening, sweetheart.
Speaker 3: Did not get any any advice my boyfriends.
Speaker 2: Still thanks a long Oh my god, on a skate room, all right, everyone Next. On the show last week, Laura got really quite aggressive bred I think I.
Speaker 1: Can speak to it.
Speaker 2: She was pretty angry when you realize that Spider's had I was, yeah, when you realize that Spiders have their own international day of the year.
Speaker 5: Because we made this discovery on International Women's Day, and I think it's an injustice get as much time as women do.
Speaker 2: You've never been this impassioned on the show ever, and I love that the Spider's having a day is brought it out in you. But it's inspired a new game that I'm bringing to the show and I'll reveal it because you'll never believe what international date is today.
Speaker 3: I hate it already. I love it.
Speaker 1: So have you missed the show? Last week?
Speaker 2: Laura had a revelation on her but she wouldn't shut up about I mean, she found out that that spider'sge that she was outraged because Spiders have a day of the year International Spider awareness.
Speaker 4: That she's today, happy Spider.
Speaker 3: Thank God?
Speaker 5: Are we going to take as much time to celebrate the Spiders and what we do International Women's Days?
Speaker 3: Cupcakes and okay, this is what happened. I have an update.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was also doing some googling while you're talking. In six days time, on March fourteen, there is actually a day dedicated to spiders. Oh, there's a spider Day, Yes, National Spider It's called Save a Spider Day. There really is a day for everything.
Speaker 5: The only thing I want to say about that brick, going back to the one day of spiders, I think we're done with it at home.
Speaker 3: Why are the spiders get as much time as women.
Speaker 5: International Women's Day and the spiders get it international spiders females to Laura.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we're all excited.
Speaker 3: No, I stand by this.
Speaker 5: Okay, Why has spiders got a day? And why are we talking about spiders on International Women's Day?
Speaker 4: Everything has a day. Every living creature deserves a day.
Speaker 2: Can I say a spider in my roof, and I knew it was a woman, I'd hesitate killing if it was international.
Speaker 1: If it was a male spider, I go, you bastard. But if that was a mum, that is not know. I had a little hat on. So what I did? Let me just take it.
Speaker 3: Old days are created? E Cook? Well say that?
Speaker 2: Well no, and I think this segment that I've created will put that to the test because I have found some more international days. And it's your job, girls to tell me whether or not they're real or fake.
Speaker 5: These days are so stupid. There is literally a celebration for everything.
Speaker 3: You need to lock in International Donut Day, lock it in, Yes, that's.
Speaker 1: Day the year. I'll say, no that day via doesn't exist, Mitch. That's what I want from you.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, are we going against each other? We're working together for together.
Speaker 1: We don't want to put each other against each other.
Speaker 3: Right, No international pitting each other against each other?
Speaker 2: Day?
Speaker 1: Is World Juggling Day real?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: For sure, Yeah, it is for sure.
Speaker 4: There's heaps of jobs out there now. I think of all the like the circuses and stuff.
Speaker 1: They need a day.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes it is correct, Yes, so dumb.
Speaker 2: World Juggling Douglas is held annually on Saturday closest to June seventeen.
Speaker 1: So whatever, whatever days, whatever, Saturday's closest.
Speaker 3: Why did you know that, brute, because I used to atually juggle?
Speaker 2: Okay, did you know the earliest record of juggling actually dates back to the fifteenth century in Egypt? So it is a day that deserves celebrating. Okay, what about penguin awas Day?
Speaker 3: Not a hand so stupid.
Speaker 1: They're going extinct, those little things.
Speaker 3: They Okay, the cutest creatures in the world.
Speaker 4: There's definitely a day dedicated to them.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think that there's a penguin Awarennas Day.
Speaker 2: Well, Gen twenty is International Penguin that's real. The day aims to bring international focus on the conservation of penguin habitats.
Speaker 3: Drinking as a seagull day.
Speaker 1: I don't have that on my page.
Speaker 4: Do you know you want an animal factor?
Speaker 3: Love animal facts?
Speaker 4: When penguins are trying to find their partner, they go and the male goes and finds the perfect stone on the beach that's like smooth and beautiful, and when he thinks it's the right stone pebble, he picks it up and he takes it to the female he wants to propose to and put project.
Speaker 3: I'm into animals.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, one day the year for the papabies.
Speaker 1: Move on, International eat ice Cream for Breakfast Day?
Speaker 3: Nah, oh, you know what it probably is, But I'm gonna have to say. I'm going to say, no, it's not real.
Speaker 1: International eat ice cream for Breakfast Day? You are wrong? Is a day for year?
Speaker 3: I was going to say, you know what, if it isn't a day, we should make it it is. I care more about that than.
Speaker 1: I do about the spiders the first Saturday of February.
Speaker 2: The day was created in the nineteen sixties by a woman named Flores Rappaport as the way to entertain her child on a court, cold and snowy morning in New York. A brilliant idea took root and has now become a holiday celebrated by tens of people around the world.
Speaker 3: And boring.
Speaker 4: That was a boring, irrelevant fact.
Speaker 3: Can you move on?
Speaker 1: It's my game, thank you very much. International Britney Hockey Day doesn't exist. Yes it does.
Speaker 5: It's birthday August twenty one. Okay, does that say September again?
Speaker 6: Damn?
Speaker 2: It does?
Speaker 3: Get your best?
Speaker 1: Does this holiday exist? International? Give your aunt a hug Day?
Speaker 3: No, that is not real, although we should all think of our aunts.
Speaker 4: I think it's so ridiculous that I'll go I think it's real.
Speaker 1: Oh wrong, it doesn't exist.
Speaker 3: We you that's so stupid? Who's weit?
Speaker 1: You Mitch and produce a grace thinking about this?
Speaker 3: Was it hard to make up a day? And then did you search?
Speaker 4: That day actually didn't exist?
Speaker 1: We had to google, We had to call the International Days's Association.
Speaker 5: Do you know what there should be there should be international be kind to a Vet day because I vets have it the toughest.
Speaker 3: I reckon it is the same day as everyone.
Speaker 1: When everyone deserves.
Speaker 3: A day, they do.
Speaker 5: Everyone gets a day. There's not enough days to go around. When they say, hey, did you see what happened to Christopher Nolan at the Oscars?
Speaker 2: No? No?
Speaker 3: Oh really no, no, okay, I thought I was really across the glacers stuff.
Speaker 4: Oh, it was that most awkward moment when he was giving the speech.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm gonna have to tell you about it. Hang around after all, right.
Speaker 2: I'm really interested in that, almost invested in Christopher Nolan as you wear on penguins, all of.
Speaker 3: The above, virus hay spy today.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm going to throw this out there to you guys straight away before I tell you this story. Thirteen one oh six five. Have you ever run into somebody unexpectedly in a really unexpected place? Now, I don't know if you guys saw what went down to the Oscars with Christopher Nolan. Now, Christopher Nolan an amazing director, right has directed absolute blockbusters, Oppenheimer. He just won the Oscar for Oppenheimer. Correct, Yeah, so he's he had this really, I found it awkward running in his It wasn't the OSCARS acceptance speech. It was like that publicity after you know, where you go in all the publicist questions.
Speaker 3: And they're holding the trophy and they kind of say, oh, this is what I feel about it.
Speaker 2: They leave the stage and then they have to answer questions from publications which then get sent out to the meeting all the media.
Speaker 4: Right, so there's this one super awkward encounter.
Speaker 1: Have a listen. Congratulations, it's Alison Boshoff from the Daddy Mail here. We're wor at school together. Those stories please, no, we'd.
Speaker 3: Never tell what happened in mister Turnbull's history class stays between us.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, what are your plans to do?
Speaker 2: Me trot?
Speaker 4: Oh that's not what I I was expecting to talk about in this moment.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that all? Live?
Speaker 3: It awkward enough?
Speaker 4: Like why it's irrelevant? So like, why would you start? Someone has just won an oscar?
Speaker 3: Why do you go? Hi, Christopher Nolan, It's me Betty.
Speaker 4: We went to school together twelve years ago, I mean.
Speaker 3: Sorry, forty years ago.
Speaker 5: That is my idea of hell, like running into someone who I do not remember, who thinks that they know me from school or from anywhere, being like Laura, oh my god, have you been?
Speaker 3: And my brain's like, I don't I know you?
Speaker 7: Where you from?
Speaker 1: We have a radio show.
Speaker 2: Imagine if we interviewed someone that we went to school with it was famous, you would have to tell them.
Speaker 1: You'd tell them straight away, would you do?
Speaker 5: But in that opportunity, when you get literally a minute to talk to them, you get one question?
Speaker 3: Would you spend half your time being like, oh remember mister Terramble's yes, my mom as you yourself. I think I've done a flip now that you said that, Mitch.
Speaker 4: If I went to school with someone that was now super famous, I'd probably say the same thing.
Speaker 6: But how.
Speaker 5: How uncomfortable when they turn around and they look at you like they don't know who you are, and then you double down.
Speaker 4: You're like, you remember how that's teacher?
Speaker 2: Mister he could have thrown her bone being like you look great, you know, like he could have given her something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was all right, he did.
Speaker 4: He was like, oh yeah, he pretended a little bit, but you could tell he had no idea, no memory.
Speaker 3: But also I just think she made that about herself.
Speaker 2: Wait, people are calling I wonder if this has happened, Jamie. Did you run into what someone you knew at an uninspected moment?
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, yes I did.
Speaker 7: I had a substitute teacher in high school who absolutely hated me from school in two thousand and eight. This is about years later. I had a couple of children dropping off my daughter to kindergarten. Guess who's dropping off her grandson's kindergarten as well?
Speaker 3: You like, don't play with that kid away from her.
Speaker 7: She looked at me that she remmed me, but we have not We have not talked one.
Speaker 1: This is the one time she looked push pushed a kid in the sandpit.
Speaker 3: Bully.
Speaker 1: This is the one time you can bully. It's calmer, No, you can't. She's like, yeah, good idea, I'm going to bully Sean. Are you there? Did you run into someone at at a random time?
Speaker 6: Yeah, hi, guys. I was actually traveling around Mexico and in one of the hostels I ran into two guys from a whale shark tour that I did the year before. We both looked at each other thinking that we were like really familiar, and took us abound an hour to work out where we knew each other from.
Speaker 3: Wait, so where did you do the whale shark tour in Exmouth?
Speaker 7: Wa?
Speaker 3: Oh wow, on the other side of the world. That's cool.
Speaker 1: Nice to you remember a whale shark instructor. That seems very nice of you.
Speaker 3: I would have never been able to piece those pieces of the puzzle together.
Speaker 6: It's just as wow. We were staring at we know each other from somewhere, but we couldn't work out where.
Speaker 7: And he was Italian as well. I didn't know anyone Italian at the time.
Speaker 1: I saw one of my school teachers on a gay dating app after I came out of school.
Speaker 3: It's just left or right blocked. Did you know he was gay at school?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: I had no idea. No, but I was like, oh maybe I could. No, but I wasn't in school. That's so fine, No, I know.
Speaker 3: But also it's a bit alarming. Also was the age gap then this is recently I'm twenty hour.
Speaker 1: That's just cool.
Speaker 4: Just reminded me of a story, you know when you're like, you lock eyes with someone and you're like, I, where do I know you from? And you're trying to think about it. I remember in Sydney where I live at like my level local supermarket.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 4: I was walking the supermarkets one day and I was walking down and I locked eyes with this guy and I was like, and we just had that moment and I was like, oh my god, quickly think who that is?
Speaker 7: Who that is.
Speaker 4: I've been on a date with him, I've hooked up with him, I've had something intimate.
Speaker 3: Have I been with you?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So I gave him that like hey kind of thing, and then we went down to the next aisle and we saw each other again in the next aisle and I did the same thing. We looked at each other again, and I was back in my brain. I was like, I've definitely hooked up with that guy at some point. So we did that awkward like I was like like, hi, how you've been kind of thing, and they walked past him. And then it wasn't until I walked out that I was like, oh my god, I didn't run into anyone. I know, I'd never hooked up with him. It was Sam Worthington.
Speaker 1: Of the actor from Avatar.
Speaker 5: But you're like, oh my god, this guy that I hooked up with one high peasant girl like like acting like embarrassing.
Speaker 4: So I hadn't looked up with it, just.
Speaker 1: Convinced yourself to the power of manifestation. Oh God, that's gold.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go home so you can podcast us though if you missed any of it. We had a fun game earlier in the show International What is the day? We actually have an answer for you, Laura. You asked what days international Veteran Veterinarians.
Speaker 5: Said, if lawyers have a day and everyone else, the vets should have a day.
Speaker 1: Twenty naper have a day. Can't do this every day? We can't keep doing this.
Speaker 3: Well, tomorrow we can find out what day it is?
Speaker 2: Sure every day? Should we start the show with what day it is? Producer Grace has just resigned.
Speaker 1: See you tomorrow. Wrang bye