Speaker 1: iHeart podcasts. You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcast playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good?
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to a weekend. It's a big Friday show here on Gold one four point three. Christian O'Connell's show. Here. Good morning, Rio, good morning, Good morning, Alex Colin morning, good morning, Patsy.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 1: All right, so let's get into this week's double thumbs up. We do this every Friday on the show. We go around the team, we talk about the TV shows, all the things we're into this week. If you're looking for your next favorite TV show this weekend, to set all of those arguments on the couch, we have your back, all right for me? Then, first thing is on Stan second season of an outstanding TV show called Gold is the true life dramatization of the Brinx Matt robbery years ago in London, biggest in the world. They still haven't recovered a lot of the gold, even in twenty twenty five. And it's the story It changed policing around the world, how they caught the people. And it's the second season of it even better than the first one. Hugh Bonnival's in it, who was a great actor. Everyone knows wros You mean the dad from Paddington Did you know in the eighties he was a met police detective who apprehended a lot of the criminals. Hugh Bonnival's in it. He's very very good. I do keep thinking I hope Panton's on the case. I only could lay off those marble made sandwiches for a couple of days and he soon nabbed them. I can't recommend that that's outstanding. On Netflix. I really love the food TV show called Somebody Feed Phil. This is Phil Rosenthal who was the writer and showrunner for Everybody Loves Raymond, and he's got their own cookery show he's been doing. Sorry is basically it's an eating show. He goes around the world and just eats. In the new season, season eight, he comes to Australia on No Way, he's in Sydney and then he goes to Adelaide and also one of the episodes is in Vegas. Because I loved Everybody Loves Raymond that he's reunited with Ray Romano and Brad Garrett and it is they have a dinner together and it is so funny. Brad Garrett is a very very funny guy as well. It's a stand up in his own right. Obviously not the same caliber as Ray Romano, He's one of the best in the while, but the three of them reunite and talk about the TV show and the banter. It is a joyous watch because sometimes watching other people stuff their face faces in exotic locations. You know, I gave up what I love Stanley Tucci and even bought the book. But watching him in his ARMANI suits ain't a bloody great sandwich, right, I'm thinking, yeah, without shiny boarded, but beautifully a tired man, you know, And I'm like, it must be nice for you.
Speaker 3: That whole series Toucci in Italy seems is it just a bit pissed off the whole time as well? It's just a bit grumpy.
Speaker 1: Why he's eating the best job in the world, goes it around the world, eating the best food and drinking the best wines, and he seems permanently peed off. And anyway, the other thing I want to do maybe this is a new feature where I review and rate beers and wines. I had a beer last week, right, I don't really drink a lot of beer these days, but by god, I had this. It's a local one here in Victoria. I think it's in Seaford. Banks Beer. Oh my god, my word, I'll be your friend at the fridge this weekend. That is so good. Shout out to Banks Beer. I think they're in Seaford. That is a crisp lager and you are a lager special. Let's just leave it off. I am, You're right, I'm very dehydrated sometimes at last time. I'll tell you what. It's the talking. It can unhydrate a human being. And so the way I like to remoisturize the throat and larynx is through Laka and White.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Patsy, what are you giving your double thumbs up to this week? What have you loved With.
Speaker 4: The recent passing of Ozzy Osbourne? We have got back into the Osbornes now. I know the reality show was around ages ago, but we're watching it with Audrey and it's just so endearing. I just love Ossie on that and they call him Daddy and it's just Sharon the business brain. What a phenomenal woman.
Speaker 1: God, she said, sheninely saved his life and got him off the charge and rehab. But more than that, she totally rebuilt his business and a real male dominated, very aggressive world heavy metal. Yes, she's a phenomenal, amazing woman.
Speaker 4: And I think, and I was never into them, but I think I like Black Sabbath.
Speaker 1: What Y, You're never too late to get into the Sabbath?
Speaker 4: So late to the party.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, never too late.
Speaker 4: You found appreciation of just how.
Speaker 1: They really literally they were. They are the godfathers of heavy metal whole genre.
Speaker 4: Oh I just I'm loving it, I said to Chris. Why am I just discovering this? I'm so late.
Speaker 1: Ossy up there right now. He'd be so happy. He's still getting new fans always.
Speaker 4: And what a stunning looking man.
Speaker 1: Oh so cool, funny and such a charmer as well.
Speaker 5: Fad said to me in the News and Sport yesterday. She said to me, oh, look at the bone structure, look at the facial.
Speaker 1: Structure of heard anyone say that about beautiful jaw and lips? Oh yeah, you had lips, and that's what Patsy likes. You give Patsy a lipped man.
Speaker 4: Anyway, You can watch the Osborne's on Amazon Prime. We watched Sunday this week. The first dropped eighty one percent on Rotten Tomatoes. I'll tell you what, though, it's a bit scary in places.
Speaker 1: What's this?
Speaker 4: This is Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: The second series is just right?
Speaker 1: All right, I've never heard of it Wednesday. It's massy.
Speaker 2: The girls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you trying to sound like you're in the note the girl? Right?
Speaker 3: Who's the girl?
Speaker 4: Your taker?
Speaker 1: Yes? Right?
Speaker 4: And Steve Steve to.
Speaker 1: Speak the big Lebowski. Yes he's in it.
Speaker 4: I love him.
Speaker 1: He's a great actual he's a pretty scary.
Speaker 4: It's a bit scary, but I love it. And the other thing this week I want to bring to the party. I've got a new and for Taco nights. This will change your life. These are little taco holders. They're like two bucks from came up. Look at you looking?
Speaker 1: I was having a pair actually, because you're right, you have to lay them down.
Speaker 4: I don't like that at the flat bottom. But they're not always available.
Speaker 3: And they're too hard to get your mouth around.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you've got to just stand your jaw like a cop.
Speaker 4: The's are cute, like their little Mexican hats, different colors. No, the kids love them.
Speaker 1: I don't think you refer to those Mexican hats. I think that might be a stereotype there of a nation. Okay, stop a cane and then you.
Speaker 4: Just sit them in there and they don't spill over.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, it's like you're talking to a Mexican There isn't it and quickly rio okay, I jump in at Rio, what do you think you get? Double thumbers up? This week?
Speaker 3: I am loving Unfiltered with Hamish McLaughlin. So it is a series and it sounds on paper not very good.
Speaker 1: Now I've been watching them and that he's done some great interviews. They're awesome.
Speaker 3: It's a thirty minute sit down with AFL players who historically are some of the most boring people in the world.
Speaker 1: Well that's a way to alienate an entire francship. But they have been I mean, they can be quite dry and I.
Speaker 3: Just watered down, you know that like media train and they just sort of, you know, go through cliche.
Speaker 1: Terrifieder said anything too interesting exactly.
Speaker 3: But he does such a good job of getting these incredible stories of it all holding because they've had such interesting lives and he does such a good job.
Speaker 1: I get quite tear for watching it. Yeah, it's beautiful. Quite actually quite moving, isn't it when you hear them open up a bit more? And Hamish is like painstaking. He like he's like a safe cracker in their hearts, isn't he? You know? And also tell you what, hell, a lot of bangles, a lot of bangles. It's like the leading of Aerosmith's chatting to them. I do want to.
Speaker 2: J wow.
Speaker 1: He's sort of a bit too far back in the seat, but that's how he's less confrontational that way, because you know, I might start actually just put my feet up, you know, just just get to sit up a little bit. I don't know. They're very good, though, very good interviews amazing.
Speaker 3: Well when you're at set, and maybe you can pass that for you that my favorite with the Tom Papley episode and the Toby Green ones was fascinating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we'll take a break. We'll come back with Alex Cullen as he goes to more presenters on the networks that he doesn't respect. And this is a guy who obviously became very available for hire. It's amazing. It was all back from it.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: First half hour Friday. We called it double thumbs up. Well, tell you about the things we're into the moment. You might find a feature, a TV show, or a taco item to change your life. Alex Culin, what have you loved this week? Mate?
Speaker 5: Oh look, I was on the HEROLDS website the other day and I saw this little thing about Jimmy Bartill pop up, and it was from a podcast he did with Sarah Grinberg.
Speaker 1: It's called a Life of Greatness. A couple of weeks ago, you go, he downloaded it. That was my next item I was going to talk about. You probably didn't like it. I did in the interview, you know I did.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, anyway, Jimmy, buttell great podcast that they've got you on it, of course, but she does this thing where it's basically her guests shared their research, knowledge and experience to help you cultivate an extraordinary existence.
Speaker 1: Now you're reading out the I just was sorry. I wanted to hear in radio we don't eat Auto Cure or Telly Pumps, and she says, I lovetime experience. It's a good time. Wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 6: She does a great podcast, very good and so Jimmy Budt tell what a story, My goodness, gracious talks.
Speaker 5: About his dad and he's drinking problems and when his parents split when he was very young, some really really heavy stuff. And so he talks a bit about his relationship with his dad, a very difficult one, you know, the premierships seven oh nine, twenty eleven, you know, delivering that first premiership to DeLong and how many decades so so long, the relationship with his kids, fatherhood, and just also that breakup with he touches on as well, and some really really good life lessons from him.
Speaker 1: Like I was just so inspired by him. I really enjoyed the listen. It was lovely. I'll tell you what. He's also, I think he's a very good pundit. Yeah, so a lot of great players that don't make the crossover, right. They are two very different skills, obviously, but I actually think he's a very Him and James Hurd do a great job together. Actually obviously two great players, but really really smart. It's a very good watch actually, but yeah, incredible life story for Jimmy Bartown, not just as a player.
Speaker 5: Definitely, and to come back from from that, you know, that really really difficult childhood. And one of the things he talked about was he always wants to have the lights on at his house and he's home for his family because his father's house was really dark, and it just brought back those bad memories.
Speaker 1: And I got, that's so moving, How that incredible which stays with you, It leaves an imprens.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, and he's and he just talks about how he's he's really concentrating on being a really good father for his kids and and it's just lovely, lovely stuff. And I and I tip my cap to him for that really honest chat.
Speaker 1: So it was lovely, all right. So the podcast is a life of greatness that Alex was talking about with said a grim Brooks
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast