Speaker 1: This is Outspoken. The podcast is not afraid to say exactly what you're thinking. Our names are Amy, Kate and Sophie Torba. We're identical triplets, but we often don't have identical opinions, so sometimes things can get heted. Outspoken covers all things reality TV, influences, entertainment, and issues facing women.
Speaker 2: That is so fat.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Welcome to a very special lockdown edition ab Outspoken. It's taken two years to get one of our boyfriends on the show, Dale, Welcome, thank you. So just to clear it up for people who don't know, because people keep saying they're getting Kate and Sophie and my voices confuse, this is Amy. Dale is my boyfriend, so I'm going to be interviewing him. Yeah, this is Dale. Firstly, Dale, do you actually find Kate, Sophie and my voices similar, because that's been a complaint so far.
Speaker 3: Um, No, not really. I suppose I only ever see you face to five when you're talking, so I don't get that confused. I'll just look at you.
Speaker 1: So you don't listen to the podcast, then that was another big question.
Speaker 3: I've listened to one or two and it's early in its infancy.
Speaker 1: No, but you do download them, don't you just show just to get some numbers up? Well, what did you think of the podcast when you listen to it? Because people are wondering, are you interested in the influencer world as well?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Not at all. No, it's I understand that you all enjoy it, but it's not my thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fair enough. Now people wanted a little bit of background information about you. So can you tell everybody what do you do for work? And then people might realize why you're not interested at all in the influencer world.
Speaker 3: Can we can we turn this quiz around? Can I ask you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well you can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can ask me things as well.
Speaker 3: Ok what do I do for work? Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, you're asking me what I did for work? You're a fire engineer?
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: It means that that you work out where different.
Speaker 3: This is good. Yeah, going, It's.
Speaker 1: Like I'm friends with Chan the Bing when no one actually knows what he does. It's basically, you work out where different fire alarms need to be, and you work out, you know, if something in a building burnt. I don't know, you explain it explained.
Speaker 3: It's hard to explain there's a few aspects to it. There's how bort Hew.
Speaker 2: No, that's right, that's alright.
Speaker 1: You're a fire engineer. Okay, so this is probably the last thing you would listen to because you're aways listening to sort of crime podcasts or fire podcasts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a there's the Grenfelle Tower Inquiry. That's probably one of my favorite favorite podcasts at the moment.
Speaker 1: Now, I think we should take it back to December twenty seventeen because that's when we met, and I want to hear what were your first impressions of me? And I'm going to tell you my first impressions of you.
Speaker 3: Are we talking about our first day?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're talking about our first date.
Speaker 3: Ummm. I thought that you were very pretty, if I recall.
Speaker 2: Correctly, that's very sweet.
Speaker 3: M I was happy that you liked pizza, because I like pizza a lot.
Speaker 1: Well, you suggested the place, and you ran late to the date because you said you had to water your lawn and I wasn't sure if you were taking the pits.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, no, I was doing renovations at my place at that point in time, and i'd recently completely stripped back the lawn with a Bobcat and yeah, I was hoping that it was going to start growing at some point, but it was midsummer and nothing was happening. Absolute dust bowl.
Speaker 1: I liked that because I always run late, so I was like, okay, that's a tick. He's running late any more. First impressions.
Speaker 3: But you're nice. I didn't go for a walk with you off, No, No, that was too good to go for a walk with me at night around a dark lake.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought I was talking to a friend about our date and we were trying to work out what was wrong with you, because you sort of quickly earned the nickname dreamboat by my sisters and a few friends. And I mean, I don't know whether our standards were really low or you are a real dream boat.
Speaker 3: But oh you didn't know me.
Speaker 1: No, I'd say you're still a dream boat. I did actually get you a hoodie printed at Christmas time with the word dreamboat across it, which again a.
Speaker 3: Barrack dreamboat because my middle with dB.
Speaker 1: No, not at all, just because you were dreaming. Because Dale came to our white party, and this is I think we'd only been out on was it two or three dates, and I think you thought it was a bigger party than it was because I said it was a white party. It's more of a small gathering. And you rocked up all in white and you brought a box of Caburry favorites and we all I thought that was so sweet.
Speaker 3: Do the viewers know what the white party is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we've discussed it. It's just where everyone dresses up in white and celebrates Christmas. So well, I mean, that's pretty early to meet my sisters. What did you think of the whole triplet thing? Because you previously went out with the twins, so you knew a little bit about what to expect.
Speaker 3: I think it was you who tried to explain the ganging up and the sides and everything like that. That's the Yeah, that's the craziest thing about it. There's always two on one or something along those lines, and you don't know who's on whose side at any point in time because there could be three or four things going on and everyone's on each other's side on other things.
Speaker 1: It changes pretty quickly as well, who's on whose side? I do remember there.
Speaker 3: Was a fourth triplet as well, though, who's that?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yes, our mum, she's our best friends as well. I do remember on our first date you were telling me how you used to go out with a twin and you said to me, oh, the one I dated, she was the tomboy one and there was another one that was well, the other one was more Princessie. And I just had to laugh because I'm the tomboy one and Sophie is the princess. Yeah, so obviously you're more into.
Speaker 3: Women of action.
Speaker 1: Well, also, just to give a little background on our relationship, what was the big bombshell you dropped on Christmas Eve? Let's go through that, because I feel like people would be interested. I don't know, you might be turning off or you're listening to this.
Speaker 3: But oh, just a cute little surprise. I think you took it quite well that I was relocating to Sydney.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this was what That's what.
Speaker 3: You wanted to hear, you know on Christmas women want to hear as you start dating someone.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought this would be good to talk about because we have had some questions sent in from women who want to kind of know a bit more what men are thinking and I mean, and there's always a question of you know, like the movie, he's just not that into you. When you sent that to me, I thought, oh, okay, here we go, like he's sort of dropped me. Yep, was that your Was that your intention?
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't. Oh bang, just quietly just got a piece of the puzzle. We're doing a puzzle next to us where we're sitting at the moment.
Speaker 1: I just I just of our faces.
Speaker 3: Ye got that. What was the question?
Speaker 1: What was your intention through sending that message?
Speaker 3: I think to be honest? Mm hmm, okay, Like I mean, I didn't want to hide behind that. You're obviously a nice individual, and I didn't want to I don't know. I suppose I wanted to be upfront and honest.
Speaker 1: So should people have hope? Though, you know? Because I thought that was it, that's the end of whatever was happening.
Speaker 3: I'm just conscious now I can hear my own nose whistles.
Speaker 1: So it is cold in here.
Speaker 2: I feel to avoid the question.
Speaker 3: No, No, No, I'm definitely not. I just I just got distracted. No, my intention was purely to advise you that I was moving interstate.
Speaker 1: But what happened on this individual and what happened next.
Speaker 3: It was soon to be my birthday, and you made me a cake. Although I thought that you were giving me distance, I thought you were giving me a bit of a cold shoulder. Yeah. Oop, that's the dryer. Did you want to get that?
Speaker 1: Okay, we're back from turning the washing machine off.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what happened?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you thought that I was trying to distance myself from you. Then I came over and I made you a big chocolate.
Speaker 3: Cake, Matilda inspired chocolate cake, and then sushi, and then you bought with the sushi roller thing and we made sushi too.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right.
Speaker 3: And you bought was it canned salmon or something, which just looked like cat food, So we ditch that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you invited me to your thirty birthday party.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It wasn't that fun.
Speaker 1: It was fun, but I just wanted to tell this story because I feel like if you, if someone had given me advice about, you know, dating you, they would have been like, oh, he's leaving, don't worry about it. So it shows we did like long distance for how long? It was like a year or something, a.
Speaker 3: Year and a half I was over there almost a year and a half. Was about ten months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then we traveled to Europe after and then we moved in together. What is it like living with a girl compared to living by yourself?
Speaker 3: I'm I mean, you saw my previous place of residence, and I believe your comment was it was one of the more bachelor places that you've ever seen. The I mean, I've got I had an old wooden drama as a cable dramas as a coffee table. I had a couple of recliner couches and everything like that, just a basic wooden table which my face was what the couch was from facebook place. Yeah, I didn't have any stains on. It's all right.
Speaker 1: Well, your style in furniture has been discussed a few times on the podcast, and finally you're able to defend yourself so timeless classic.
Speaker 3: I believe that's how we can just sum let the sum it up.
Speaker 1: Well, I was gonna I was going to ask you what your description was, but.
Speaker 3: You've really you're growing into my my style between myself and your mother, he's got very good furniture sense. I believe you're growing into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, we're currently looking to buy a house and I have been quite concerned about well, I think we've both been concerned about agreeing what kind of house we want and where we're going to live. I think we finally decided that we do like the old bungalows, and I do. I must admit some of your furniture will go quite nicely in there. It just doesn't go in our sort of modern white tiled house.
Speaker 3: At the moment.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I feel like we should move on to some questions. And as I said, people were interested in your influencer knowledge. So I want to ask you, can you rattle off any influencer names that you've that you remember me discussing. Is there anyone that stands out?
Speaker 2: Um?
Speaker 3: Who? This This might fail, but I think if you were to rattle off names to me, I would say, yeah, I recall them because that's probably easy.
Speaker 1: So you can't think of anyone? No one comes to mind.
Speaker 3: There's was Poppy Redbone one? Or was that someone who was you did some other.
Speaker 1: Okay, I interviewed her fortulation. Actually that's a very local Adelaide one. Yeah, okay, I watch on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Oh there's that one who's got like the brother of I remember the guy, the boy the brother's name Articus or something that's it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well what.
Speaker 3: And then I watch.
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 3: Is that is she on there?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got You've got a few right there. So I thought i'd run you through some mas.
Speaker 3: Yes one, Yeah, that's a good one. That's not her last name though, was it?
Speaker 1: No, that's Stevenson, but that's her name of her channel. All right, I'm going to run through some other names, and I've put some fake names in and some genuine ones to see if you know.
Speaker 3: That you know that I wasn't going to know any and you've made this list?
Speaker 1: No, no, I would have.
Speaker 3: There was no prep on this. You've obviously thought ahead about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, this is what tell so you can say, is this an influencer or is this a made up name? Ruby Tuesday Matthews.
Speaker 3: Sounds like a porn star.
Speaker 1: Is she made up or is she influenced? No, it's a real name. Okay, Michelle Zigby.
Speaker 3: Made up?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chloe's EPP.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say, not made up or real?
Speaker 1: Yep, she's an influencer. What about Anastasia kings North?
Speaker 3: Is that the one who you watch? Yes? Okay, yeah I knew that one.
Speaker 1: Seannie Grummond, Yeah, that's that's one I've heard you say that before, sepron star.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a porn star.
Speaker 1: It's not influence star. It's made up though.
Speaker 3: Okay, Bill Rugby, that sounds too much like the Zugby one that you said earlier.
Speaker 2: That one's fake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well.
Speaker 3: So hang on, can we let's just take a step back here? What can you define what an influencer is for those of your listeners out there who don't know what that is, which I believe would be absolutely zero.
Speaker 1: Or an influencer is somebody who influences the masses. So a lot of these people have mass followings, and a lot of brands pay their money to promote products because they feel like they have a lot of influence in society. So we told our community that you were coming onto the show, and a few people have written in some questions. So I think we're just going to start with some questions that are more related towards you, and then we'll go in to some relationship questions because I personally love listening to podcasts where they have boyfriends on and you get a bit of boy advice.
Speaker 3: How many of these are from my friends who found out I was doing this the other day?
Speaker 1: Well, they were one sent in and asked what kind of lover you were that was one of your friends. I don't know if we'll be going in some details of that, but so there were a lot of questions about Kate's engagement and whether you and Brandon felt pressured in that moment. My mum told me not to ask you this question, but we're just going to go there. Did you and Brandon feel a bit like?
Speaker 3: Oh no, I didn't. Okay, I can't ask an answer on behalf of Brandon, obviously, but I personally didn't. Okay. That's good, each their own speed.
Speaker 1: So this is a bit controversial. Someone said, who is Dale's fave sister in law?
Speaker 3: I don't think I should be answered big like that. I don't think, however, that is answered, that can't end.
Speaker 2: Well they both yeah, well they up.
Speaker 3: They've both got their individual traits.
Speaker 1: I Gabe, Yeah, so you kind of answered it before. But do your friends know of the podcast and do they understand the concept?
Speaker 3: I think if a few of them know about it, I mean I haven't ever been able to explain the concept to them. I'm assuming they know the concept. I think a lot of their girlfriends listen to it. They well, some of them do. Okay, can you should shout out to some of them?
Speaker 1: Shout out to some of them. I would shout out to Renee, but I know she doesn't listen because this isn't her things.
Speaker 3: Sally does.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Sally, Yeah, Sally. I'm sure you'll be enjoying this episode.
Speaker 2: If you're listening, I'll get.
Speaker 3: Some smack given to me from Tim Good.
Speaker 1: And one of the other questions was what do you think Kate, sof and I should cover on the podcast? Any suggestions personally?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Will you keep on talking about the Chappelle Corpy stuff. I want to hear you talk about that. I mean I might listen to it if you talk about that.
Speaker 2: Okay, excellent.
Speaker 1: Well we're hoping to get Chappelle on the podcast at some point. Okay, let's just go to the dating questions now.
Speaker 3: I thought we're almost done.
Speaker 1: No, we're not done.
Speaker 3: To keep me going much longer to do? I need another beer? Okay, that's all right?
Speaker 1: So what gives you the ick about girls? So when you're out on the dating scene, what gave you the ick? So? What are some deal breakers?
Speaker 3: I like people who are driven, people who so yeah, people who I suppose we're just sort of floating through life or expecting something for nothing. I don't. I didn't particularly ever click with.
Speaker 1: So what about other deal breakers, like as in, you know, when they say something gives you the ike about someone, It could be like something really fourteen for example, I think it was on Friends, Chanler.
Speaker 3: Got definitely not going to know this.
Speaker 1: Then, well, Channler got the ike about this woman Janice because she had gunky mascara in the middle of a gunk in her.
Speaker 3: I'm not that shallow, but I suppose a bit of self pride is always good.
Speaker 1: You're saying this is I'm sitting here in Oh sorry. Someone else asked, could you tell Kate soph and I apart straight away? Yeah, yeah you could. What are the differences for people.
Speaker 3: Who Well, I think at that point in time you had I think the hair was obviously the most striking difference, Sophie being blonde and Kate being brown, and you were sort of half in half out. You had your your streaks or something at that point in time. He streaks a correct highlights low lights.
Speaker 1: Oh see, this one's another awkward one I've stumbled across.
Speaker 3: Some more questions for you answer that question.
Speaker 1: You had lowl like yeah, yeah, yeah, I did so.
Speaker 3: No, I never got you confused.
Speaker 1: Do you find Kate and Sophie attractive.
Speaker 3: To your identical triplets? So physically there is a lot of the same attributes, But no, I think a lot has to do with personality as well, and I'm really quite attracted to your personality, so they.
Speaker 2: Thank you well.
Speaker 1: Someone also asked which three things personality traits do you love most about me?
Speaker 3: I like it when you're funny and silly. I like that you are very driven and can I don't know. You just put your head down and get shit sorted.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about my worst habit?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Ummm, you know, I've got an issue with things to do with cat mess and stuff, so that's probably I don't know how to answer that.
Speaker 1: The first situation in the house, we've got two rag dolls that leave a lot at first. Yes, okay, a lot is an understand it is if you're mad at me. Is it hard to be nice to Kate and Sophie.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. They might not think I'm ever nice to them. I don't know.
Speaker 2: You're not really mad to be.
Speaker 3: Quite cold have you. Oh, I come across quite cold, sometimes not by you, but just by other people.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't think so, So we'll go back into the dating one. So do you dale believe in the one or is it more so right time and trying to make it work?
Speaker 3: I think how many billion people are there in the world. There's seven billion people. So to think to say that there's the one and that you are fortunate enough to meet them, I think is a bit of a stretch. I think that you meet, you know, there's a lot of situations where you might cross paths with people who you could be considered as potentially being very compatible with, but it might not be the right time. So I don't think that there is the one, the one, but there are people who you definitely want to be around, and definitely people who you want to grow with.
Speaker 1: Someone's asked how to subtly hint that you're ready for a proposal, And now I feel like you would know this quite well, not going.
Speaker 3: To propose to me.
Speaker 2: No, no, but.
Speaker 1: Your ex used to sketch her engagement ring. I mean that's kind of I don't know if that's a subtle hint that they want to get.
Speaker 3: Proposed it was a very open discussion with my previous relationship. Yes, but how which isn't. No, she's she was very vocal about it.
Speaker 2: That's yeah.
Speaker 1: That's so I'm assuming that this girl who's written in the question she might want to hear was it my ex? No, No, it wasn't. I'm not going to all the people are anonymous. But she wants to know how to subtly hint. I suppose that she's ready. What would be a good way for a boy? Because I feel like, I mean, if I was sorry as in me want sorry as in she does? Is in like, what's a good way from a boy's perspective where you're not going to feel like you're being hounded, but you're kind of like, oh, okay.
Speaker 3: I think I think understanding what certain milestone and drivers are in life. I mean, with us, I think it's I think a house is probably more important for us at this point.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm not the person who wrote this question, but I don't know, but.
Speaker 3: It's I think a house is more important at this point in time, and you know, for us, I think that's our next step. I think it's just understanding. You know a lot of people, some people have high values in family and everything like that, or some people might not be in a position where they're looking at a house or anything along those lines. How you would subtly drop that. I think just understanding that, understanding what your partner's goals are and understanding I suppose. I don't know. I think every couple's different.
Speaker 1: I feel bad answer it was good. I mean I feel bad for boys because if I had to propose to you. It's also a huge financial thing as well, considering you're having to buy a ring and then you're having to you know, save up for the actual wedding and whatever. So maybe it's best for this girl to chat with her partner about his financial well, not you know, to open the money or what like, to openly have a discussion of where they want to be in five years and that kind of thing and see if it aligns well.
Speaker 3: I think. I think just asking do you, I mean, do you see us together moving forward? To say what do you want to be where are we in five years time might be a bit presumptual. Yeah, I mean, once again, depending on the relationship, it might just be a question of you know, where do you see yourself in five years? Time as you're sitting there having a wine or something like that, as in like an alcoholic beverage, not a winge or wine.
Speaker 1: Just a k butcher or something butcher. What about there was a girl I knew that she downloaded the Tiffany's app and it had like a hand and she's a sit next to her boyfriend and try the rings on.
Speaker 3: No, I think the key word you're looking for was subtle, and that is not subtle.
Speaker 1: Someone else has asked why don't guys reply on dating apps? Why even match with girls and then not reply?
Speaker 3: I would potentially think that everyone wants to feel wanted. That's probably it if they I mean, a worse thing than that is to play them on I would have thought. So if they are to me, it's almost like Facebook marketplace. How many is it still available? I'll send out and then I don't respond once they say yeah, still available.
Speaker 1: So is it kind of like they you know, they think that you're attractive and that they might want to match with you, but then it's like I'm kind of not ready, so I'm not going to start the conversation, or we know you've thought about it, and I'm not really not really that Keen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not too sure. I suppose it depends on the individual once again itself. But I think what ye as I said, what it boils down to is probably people just want to feel wanted at some point in time.
Speaker 1: What about girls who reply, because I know on some dating apps like Bumble, the girl has to make the first move. Would you be put off by a girl messaging you first?
Speaker 3: Well, at the moment, I'm with you, so it might be a little bit of a stretch, especially Bumble at this point in time. Not do I have Tinder or any dating app for that matter, But if I was single and that happened, and I don't think it would put it off. Once again, I I mean when I was single, I was attracted to females who were who could take things on themselves, hold their own and everything like that. So to be expected to make the first move all the time, that can be yeah, a bit boring.
Speaker 1: And sounds like an ad for Bumble. I feel like it's about making the first meet.
Speaker 3: Are they a sponsor?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Should we approach thembe? Someone else has asked, how do you make your partner appreciate you more? I feel like I do everything with no gratitude.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I've just spotted another piece of the puzzle. I'm gonna put that on. Hangm how's the eyesight that was on the other side of the table? You like that multitasking? What's your question?
Speaker 1: I forgot see that's not mult How do you make your partner appreciate you more? I feel like I do everything with no gratitude.
Speaker 3: U can you change people? I don't think you can change people if they don't if they can't see you for what you are and what you're doing in that initial time or due to your actions, I don't know that you can actually change that if you keep on going harder and harder and doing more and more. Are they just going to get accustomed to that and then completely disregard you altogether or just expect everything.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's almost as well having a conversation with your partner and saying that you feel underappreciated, and do they realize that they're making you feel that way because they might not be aware of it.
Speaker 3: I think it's also just important to be conscious of the fact that we spoke about it before. There's seven billion people on this planet. You know, it's a hard thing to think. Shit, Okay, maybe I should just cut ties with this and actually try to find someone who appreciates me. But maybe that's sometimes what you need to do.
Speaker 2: So dum of them is.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not saying that, but I think you should be able to gauge at yourself if it's like, you know, three or four years in and you're literally getting up putting the slippers on their feet, you know, throwing rose pedals down the corridor as they're walking, and then cleaning them up behind them, cleaning up behind them and everything like that, and they're not saying thank you and then fuck them. Can I swear on this?
Speaker 1: Yeah you can.
Speaker 3: Oh thanks, might just need to put like a fifteen plus PG. Thirteen.
Speaker 1: There's another question here about where to meet good guys in your mid twenties, and we were discussing this the other day. I was saying that if I was single, I feel like I just go down to Bunnings and sort of look really lost. I feel like there's a lot of there's a lot of guys down there.
Speaker 3: Depends on what you're probably after as well, though, If you're wanting someone who's a bit more handyman than that, might be that might be the case if you're if you're after someone a bit more charitable or everything like that, or something like that, you could go work, go find a volunteer place. I think like gym's. Isn't that a good place to meet people? Or is that like just we're buffed up sleezy dudes here on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, because I've heard a lot of people say that as guys, they wouldn't want to approach girls in the gym because it seems a bit sleazy. I mean, okay, I think though that there's a lot of sports bars out there if you're looking for where men congregate, and I feel like there's a lot of nice guys who would be out there and willing to have a chat to a girl. I do feel like a nightclub. I mean, we're in lockdown in the COVID era, probably not going out to nightclubs as much, But if you're going out to a bar when things have opened up, a sports bar, I feel like that would be such a good place.
Speaker 3: Do you reckon?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had that discussion the other day.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Maybe, I mean, it depends on what kind of guy you're after. Again, I suppose what's wrong with the good old fashioned tinder and bumble that we're just talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well I think she wants somewhere new though, Oh, because.
Speaker 3: I suppose the good thing about bumble or the abs and stuff is that you are in control and you can go through and basically, if you don't like them from the get go, well then catch a mate off to attempt the next one. Yeah, Like it's quantity and then you can actually get through them. I mean, how long does it take to go out and find someone talk to them at night at a club or something when you're half cut, and then it's two or three days before you find out that you're not compatible. It's pretty difficult. So if you've got something where you can just swipe people away, have a quick chat to them, work out they're douche or not, and then keep on rolling.
Speaker 1: Do you think guys gossip about their partners to their friends? Or sorry I should rephrase that, do men gossip about their partners to their friends?
Speaker 3: I think I think different people say different things. I think, if I know a lot with all of my mates, there's a certain level of respect with their partners. I don't think that they're with them just for the sake of being with them, and then in that instance, so they don't sit there and complain about them. So, I mean, there's always like if you with someone, there's always going to be little things that you mentioned here and there. But I don't think anyone actually sits there and dwells on it. I suppose my mates are probably sick of hit me mentioning how much catfur I have on me all the time?
Speaker 1: Do you is that what you mentioned to them?
Speaker 3: I don't think any even mention it when I'm like choking on it or they're like wiping it out of their own eyes.
Speaker 1: How much pride do you think men have in being independent so doing all their cooking and washing and cleaning. And I must preface this, you actually do a lot of that yourself. You're very good at washing on your clothes and cooking for yourself. Do you take great pride in it?
Speaker 3: I got another bit of the puzzle, is that the right? Is that the right? A bit you're closer to that. Brilliant. Once again, I think it depends on the individual. The way I was brought up was do your own washing, do this, do that, which gave me a level of independence, and I like independence, I don't like being dependent individuals. You're the same. I mean, I don't think we've ever done a combined load of washing or shit. I mean half the time we'll make our own meals or something like that. There'll be times will make meals together, but there's so many only so many like Danish fetter salads I can have during the week.
Speaker 1: How do you know you have chemistry with someone or you just get along.
Speaker 3: You feel it?
Speaker 1: M I suppose they mean sort of like, what's the difference between knowing, like because you get along with you might get along with a girl, but as a friend, how do you know that this is more than a friendship?
Speaker 3: You feel it? I don't answer that.
Speaker 1: I suppose you get like butterflies. And initially I suppose, yeah, I think this. I think this girl is just having some struggles about how to know if she has chemistry with someone, and I think if you're questioning it, you probably don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's I mean, that's it as well, and it's I think it's there's a right level of I won't use the word pushing, but pursuing something and if it's not working, it's like it's not working.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I also feel like it is really important to be friends with somebody because, like what, we're nearly what four years, it's nearly four years into dating each other's three and a half. Yeah, three and a half. You have to have a friendship. I mean we're stuck in lockdown together and you have to be joking around and being silly. I suppose, especially when you move in with somebody, you've got to have that.
Speaker 3: It's probably easy for you because I'm incredibly funny. Yeah, no Ah, that's taking the piss. Yeah, definitely, you have to be able to knock around.
Speaker 1: One listener says, I'm terrified of never meeting anyone again.
Speaker 3: This do you have? Yeah, a few.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a few people that have sent questions in. I'm terrified of never meeting anyone again after my last relationship. It gives me anxiety. How do I just chill? This one's a good one for you, Dale though, because you were before we met, you had a pretty serious relationship. You're engaged, and I'm sure there were feelings of being worried about never meeting anyone on both of your behalfs Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think you just when you're ready, you're ready. You shouldn't be trying to You shouldn't be trying to rush anything. You shouldn't be you know, taking on board things which other people are saying who've gone through the same process exactly like I'm doing right now. You shouldn't be taking on board what people say. Oh, actually, I don't know if that's true. I think you can take you can listen to people, but I mean you should be able to feel yourself when you're ready and everything like that. If you're anxious at the moment, then there might be some things that you need to work through yourself. And I think one thing that is important is to be I suppose happy with yourself before you move into a relationship and then sort of suppress any aspects of yourself that are hidden when you're in a relationship with something.
Speaker 2: Sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's a good one. And I also feel like people do go through stages where they feel like they're never going to meet anybody, and I feel like that's really natural, but it's I don't think you should dwell on that. As Dale said, like just take it time out for yourself and be happy with yourself, because I know this sounds really lame and cliche, but people do come along when you least expect it, and you want to be in a good state to I suppose go through that process of dating and working out whether they're right for you. Now we've got one last question. Should you tell someone if you know they're being cheated on?
Speaker 2: Juicy?
Speaker 3: Fortunately, I've never been in this situation. I suppose with the current group of mates that I have, and they're current partners and everything like that. But I would think that the people I surround myself with firstly wouldn't put themselves in that position firstly, but secondly, it's a really hard one. If you're getting drawn into the lie, then that's a really disrespectful act on behalf of the individual who is doing wrong. I would I would think if it's impacting you, negatively impacting you directly, then you probably have a right to say something. And I mean if you're closer to the if you're close with the partner as well. I mean I suppose that that means that it's impacting you directly. Yeah, I would think that you'd flag it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. It's a tough one. I suppose there's a lot of reasons for telling and a lot of reasons not for telling, because sometimes if you're the person that goes and tells a friend that they're being cheated on, normally the guy is an absolute wanker for doing it, and sometimes they're in a toxic relationship and the girl is always going to defend the guy. So then you risk being the one that the anger is directed towards. So I think it is a really difficult situation. Yeah, but I would. I would tell a friend if they were being cheated on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I suppose I sit there and think what would Oh? Bang, got another piece? You see that? That's pretty good. I was just only looking across on a spottling and connected the piece puzzle once again, Ladies and gentlemen, I suppose I sit there and think what I like to know? And yes I would, because I would be out of their quick smart and actually be wanting to find someone who wants to be.
Speaker 1: With me, especially as you get older. I mean, if we're all in our thirties and if someone's cheating on somebody. Yeah, okay, someone already said on Someone said on Instagram this morning that Kate, Sophie and I should stop doing the podcast and have children. They got a swift.
Speaker 3: Oh did they Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, well they've been trolling. It's a bit personal and it's very I mean that it annoys me because have you ever heard that. Has anyone ever said that to you, like, oh, you're thirty three, aren't you going to have kids? As a man to people so.
Speaker 3: That No, I think my mum wouldn't mind a good grandchid, grandchid, grandchild, grandchin grandchild. Yes, but I don't. I suppose I'm maybe a bit different on male exactly.
Speaker 1: That actually just reminded me before we wrap this up, I personally just want to know this.
Speaker 3: You're pregnant. No, I'm not surprised.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely not.
Speaker 1: What were your first impressions when you met my mum and dad?
Speaker 3: Was that Ohen's wedding?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, basketball?
Speaker 2: That's right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I met your dad or had I met your dad?
Speaker 1: I think you've met him before a family dinner?
Speaker 3: Ah? Okay, yeah, your mum I met at the basketball when Kate was working at the basketball and we got tickets. I recall that she acted quite coy and played it pretty cool. And I know she listens to this and I have told her this before. We've had a joke about it, and it's knowing her like I know now she did very very well and suppressed herself.
Speaker 1: Because you thought her mum didn't really know anything about you.
Speaker 3: No, I was just like, oh, okay, maybe she'd maybe Amy hadn't quite mentioned something to her yet. That would be my approach, and I think that's maybe a boy approach.
Speaker 1: Flash back to Christmas Eve twenty seventeen, when we were discussing you and trying to work out what was wrong with you. Then I received the text message saying you were going to Sitney and I was like, right, okay, this is what is wrong.
Speaker 2: With the dream boat.
Speaker 1: What about Dad? Because I feel like we've spoken about Dad on the podcast before. He I feel like he'd be quite an intimidating figure to meet as someone's dad first off. But he's an old softy really he is.
Speaker 3: He's an interesting character. I suppose we have some common interests, being some travel aspects and I don't know, just just general older things. He loves, like anything to do with travel. He loves loves a wine and once again and alcoholic beverage being a wine a winge clarified and oh actually he doesn't wingey. He just writes letters to the editor. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think we mentioned this the other day, but it was hilarious because Dad wrote a letter to the editor about how he was so happy to receive his Astrozeneka vaccine, and he got a six page letter in his letter box. Someone tracked him down from an anti vaxer. I mean, is that not just I found it hilarious because there's so many anti vaxers abusing people through social media, but this anti vax is gone. No, I'm going to send them a six page letter.
Speaker 3: That's how did they find them? Assume that they just pulled out is the white pages and things still pages?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah they did. They found him in the in the in the yellow pages.
Speaker 3: So so answer your question, I think it was just general interests. Yeah, yeah, fortunately, I just well, I'd like to think I got along with them.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's what we've got time for, because Dale and I have got a big night of activity.
Speaker 3: I don't even say that seriously, No, we do.
Speaker 1: We've got our puzzle, We've got our thousand piece puzzle. We'll just send I have to do some updates on the Outspoken Instagram account about it, and we also have a finished the last one, No we didn't, but this one, this is a photo Dale got it printed.
Speaker 3: We finished the last one.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, the cat's weed in the puzzle box last time. This one, though, is really cool. It's a photo of Dale and I in a Christmas setting. So we'll definitely be finishing it because Dale wants to frame it. And then we're doing a quiz night with Kate and Reese and Sophie and Brandon and we've got a dress up for it. So Dale, this is going to be out after the quiz night. What are we going to wear to the quiz night?
Speaker 3: Didn't you have an idea?
Speaker 2: Or yeah? Yeah? No?
Speaker 1: Going to bed Penguins in hockey in NHL, Yeah yeah, So we're a little bit concerned.
Speaker 3: Who's your favorite Penguins player? Out of interest?
Speaker 1: I don't know any of them, but I just love penguins. So we're going to be have a penguin hockey.
Speaker 3: No you don't like hockey?
Speaker 1: No, no, we're going to have a penguin I just don't watch it a lot.
Speaker 3: Sorry. Can you imagine me on this constantly? Would you get anything done?
Speaker 1: Well, we were talking about doing our own tangent. We're talking about doing our own crime podcast. Man't we a true crime one?
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: We'll see if people enjoying us talking together about this crap. And then, so thank you Dale for joining us.
Speaker 2: We do appreciate it.
Speaker 1: That's all right.
Speaker 3: Thank you