Speaker 1: Flex and Rooms, Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 1: Hello, oh yeah, I hate it that. Oh be gentle, sound like a music teacher in prep. On today's show, Flexi's got a big question. This is a new segment that we are encouraging here on the show.
Speaker 2: What's your question, Flexi? What is the worst way someone could describe you?
Speaker 3: And of course we're finally getting to the peak of our life's purpose.
Speaker 2: We're going to start a cult together.
Speaker 1: Of course, obviously here we go.
Speaker 2: Tech Time, tech time, text time. It's tech time with Flex and Frooms on cater put to the next level.
Speaker 3: Stunning ref.
Speaker 2: NPC.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, Roses, Roses, you guys are amazing.
Speaker 2: That's a life. That's the like, that's my dad. There's my dad. Figure.
Speaker 3: You people are not on NPC. I would advise you to get on. If you don't know what that is, Google will tell you.
Speaker 1: Ros is.
Speaker 2: Now, what is the tech time for today?
Speaker 3: For me?
Speaker 1: The tech time for today is about a thing called worm GPT. We're all across chat debut. We use it to write assignments, we use it to draft breakup texts.
Speaker 2: I use it to write my break lease. Oh that's genius.
Speaker 1: When you break in.
Speaker 2: The lease no my last apartment.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank god, I said, you can't leave Melbourne. So there is a new thing called worm GPT and it's helping online scams get more sophisticated. This is a headline for the City Morning Herald. They said online scams are about to get more sophisticated than Nigerian Princess.
Speaker 2: Hmmm, did we have to go there? Let through? It's a big wompy, but here we are.
Speaker 1: So apparently worm GBT is the evil cousin of chat GPT. What it's going to do is help hackers send way more tailored hack hacking things to people. So, for example, I keep getting oz posts and also toll like messages, and I always look at them because we did training. It cater to look at what it's like to be phished, and if they've got like one character wrong in the hyperlink, you don't click it.
Speaker 3: So basically, this worm GPT app is giving hackers a way more sophisticated way to scammers by using our data to determine which things were most likely to click on exactly.
Speaker 1: And they're built with the ability to imitate writing styles and convincingly, Taylor copy from the specific person or entity.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Nice.
Speaker 1: So you get a little message from CommBank Yeah, And I thought, oh, I've heard this dial tone before and this person sounds extremely.
Speaker 2: Real where you pick up no, but you might.
Speaker 1: Because of worm GPT, these hackers supply the model with previous email samples and social media posts to mimic the writing style of organizations. They can also obtain images of everyday people posted on social media and customize them according to the scams context to make the story look even more convincing. This allth has gone down the romance route and thinks that this will be used for evil when it comes to the dating world. And I said, that is horrible, and I wanted to know Flexi before the break. Would you rather be catfish romantically just short term not a long term thing, or have your credit card compromise you get the money back. It's just a bit of a minor nvenience.
Speaker 2: Not you're doing a census really quickly.
Speaker 3: I'm not giving the scammer is going to take this voice break and then send me a voice ramo from you and tell me to click a link to our later show where we talk about this exact topic.
Speaker 2: What I will say people, I think.
Speaker 3: A lot of us are, despite having these really sophisticated technologies come out, a lot of us are forgetting Internet literacy one oh one. If you do not recognize the link, don't click it. I get a lot of scam text from people pretending to be Telstra saying, oh, you.
Speaker 2: Have this build you, you have this build you, you have this build you.
Speaker 3: If you ever get a text from a company, go to your emails and double check. If it's not in your email, then call. Just assume that any message from a company is a scam, and just don't click links. I don't understand. Stop clicking links.
Speaker 1: I alwaso if you click link on your phone, you can't get a virus because virus is only happened to computers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then like no, they put something in your phone when you click the link, then scanning your phone for all this incriminating information. It's got your auto field stuff. So now no, it's your passwords. It's just it's far more encrypted than you think it might be. Just err on the side of caution. It takes a second not to click a link. But in terms of would I rather be catfits romantically or financially. I'm gonna pick neither. Do you have a preference.
Speaker 1: I'd rather my credit card be gone because I don't get the honeyback. I can't handle another another.
Speaker 3: She said, too much. The dating content rights itself. I'm so thankful for the people on the internet who overshare like they pay to do it, because these first hand accounts of every day regular people share their business for free so we can talk about it.
Speaker 2: You're doing God's work.
Speaker 3: We have this TikTok from this creator called cellistee.
Speaker 1: But as would you let a man take you out on a first date on his birthday?
Speaker 2: His birthday we never met before? Because I want to say no, I feel like it's too much. You know it's.
Speaker 3: Honestly, and you know I'm trying to do this thing where I keep an open mind. This is not one of those occasions. It signals so many wrong things. This is the day or the anniversary of you being brought into this world and you don't have near a friend to celebrate with, near a family member.
Speaker 2: I just don't get it.
Speaker 3: And also my worry if I go down the sinister path, what are the expectations he has for you by giving you the honor of sharing this grand day with him.
Speaker 2: Facts. I don't like it.
Speaker 1: I do wonder though, maybe they're had like a champagne breakfast lunch with the work colleagues, and they just so, I've got a bit of time, is fair?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Birthday sex God Jeremiah? Okay? What a tune?
Speaker 2: REMI does listen to R and B and real On. We weren't sure.
Speaker 3: We weren't sure, but she has done a bit of research in her time. I think you can do anything, you can do whatever you want to. But recently I've become really attuned to the fact that people are making snap judgment about you constantly, based on what you look like, what you say, how you say it, how they respond to you, how you make them feel. This one just feels like you've already made a snap judgment and it's not good. You don't feel celebrated or powerful. It doesn't really feel complimentary your offert So don't go. And for anyone thinking of organizing a first date for their birthday, unless you are a serial loaner or you're doing it despite your friends and family, I would advise not to. I really would, because also people grow to hate their birthdays because they're not sacred with them. How many birthdays have you had where partner's made you cry and it's ruined it for you? Why is that a universal experience?
Speaker 1: Why is it not good getting mad because you brought me a shanza kai and nothing else.
Speaker 2: What time is it for Mia?
Speaker 1: It's time for Flexi's Big Question.
Speaker 3: No, that's the sting. Oh, okay, what time is it? Formiana don't speak?
Speaker 1: Oh, ladies and gentlemen, it's time for Flexi's Big Question of the week. Okay Andy in the sound booth.
Speaker 3: Okay, actor, let's get right into it. Big question of the week. What is the worst way someone can describe you? Oh?
Speaker 1: I hate it? Yeah, right now, you want me to tell you?
Speaker 3: I mean we could think about it. Can I bring some thought starters to the space.
Speaker 2: Sure. I feel like a lot of us have low.
Speaker 3: Level insecurities, Like there are a few things that really make us uncomfortable thinking about, but overall not a big deal. Like for me that short stint on Big Brother. I got a boring edit, and when I was thinking back, I was like, reading this commentary on Twitter, I'm like, these people think I'm boring. I'm a lot of things but boring. I feel like that hurt my feelings, right, I think it would hurt my feelings if somebody said that I was selfish. But it's not the worst way you can describe me. There are worse ways you could say that I am.
Speaker 2: Let me not give anyone any fun.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, walk into the lines. Den.
Speaker 3: What I mean to say is that you can justify or rationalize a lot of the low level insecurities you have that are just a byproduct of being alive, right, Like, it's just like you're being perceived and therefore you feel bad. But I think if we knew what our big one was, like the jackhammer achilles Heel, knife into the stern and break my heart, then the other ones would feel so pale in comparison, and it.
Speaker 1: Would then make it easier to rationalize them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, cool, Like you think this thing about me, but you don't know. You don't know the big whopper? Do you need the hidden No? I think you just know it.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I know it.
Speaker 2: I think we should find out.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So the reason why I'm asking is because I think a lot of people fall back on like the ambiguity of like, we all have insecurities.
Speaker 2: What's yours? Yeah, what's yours about yourself? What's yours?
Speaker 3: Because you're you're talking about minor we all, That's not the one I'm focused on right I'm focused on the one that makes you question your value as a person. And maybe it's not even been said to you before. If you want to jump on our Instagram right now, it's Lex and Rooms. We've actually put up a question.
Speaker 2: Box with this.
Speaker 3: We want all of your answers. Don't waste our time with the low levels. I need to know what is the worst way someone can describe you? Because on Thursday we're going to share all the answers we've collated. We're going to dig deep, We're going to unpack, and we might just share our own if we can find it.
Speaker 2: In that time.
Speaker 1: I'll be thinking, but I'm not sure if I'm willing. I'm currently not seeing a psychologist. A difficult situation.
Speaker 2: Un pop culture you missed with Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 3: I've been pondering this idea of whether the maintaining closeness with fans is a slippery slope for celebrities. I think, week after week, month after month, year after year, we're only really seeing the negative ramifications of a celebrity that's made their audience feel closer than they need to to consume the art, to consume the music, to consume the movie.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So, Doja Cat has been going through it for the last I would say, a year or so. And for me personally, when I'm looking at someone who has quite a quirky archetype, when they're doing something that is seen as a bit unique online, I'm most likely going to assume there's a new something coming out, a new single coming out, a new album coming out, a documentary. So I haven't really been internalizing any of the stuff that she's been doing, but it's actually been quite terrible to recap. She's been seen in in cell chat forums. She's been making music, racially insensitive music, using slurs against black people that are undercover, Like, we've not even heard these ones. This is not even the traditional slur. She's unraveled to new ones and you might be saying, isn't she black? Huff, She's half and racism and internalized races can get the best of us.
Speaker 2: Now. She has been seen dating.
Speaker 3: People who are known bigots, known racist non insuels it's just not really good, and people have been speculating she've been trying to get out of her contract with her label, so she's been acting out. Most recently, it seems she started a war with her own fans, which I would have thought would be the last place you'd want to be on the wrong side of history, but she just does not care. She's come under fire in the last few months for saying number one, she hates her fans. She's threatened to quit music after clashing with one of her fans who criticized her for not stop to interact with them at a hotel and Paraguay. Based on that interaction, she told the fan to beep themselves. Then she also told a fan to delete their entire account after the fans suggested that the collective fandom call themselves kittens. Dojah was offended to delete your account and then delete your life. She then referred to the music that she's made up until this point as being a cash grab and in throwing her fans are dumb for falling for.
Speaker 2: Cash cow core cash cow.
Speaker 3: So it's just been almost after hit and I know that a lot of people say it's hard to be a fan of someone problematic. Kanye fans say it all the time, Azalea Banks fans say all the time. Even Britney fans say, like, it's really hard to know when this is a gag versus when you're not on our side anymore. And so it begs the question, if Dojah maintains this reality where she has no fans, can she even be an artist? Can an artist maintain their streams, maintain their merch sales, maintain touring if their fans don't like them. I would assume yes, because I think it'll get to the point where everybody is like, she doesn't mean it. Yeah, you go so far, you know, And I get like I get to matter, and like she's angry at her label and like she's acting out. But I feel as though I'm in two minds. I think that if this comes out, that she's just doing it to get out of her deal, like she doesn't want to be an artist anymore, and her fans are collateral. I think they'll understand if she doesn't let her fans in on the bit. I think it's getting to the point where what she's doing is being viewed as the ultimate disrespect. It's one thing to say you don't like what you're experiencing, but to question our literacy, our intelligence, our commitment to you, what.
Speaker 2: Are we doing this for? I think it's juicy.
Speaker 3: It is hurtful, but like, yeah, stuff is, it's weird and not to be shady, please, I don't want to be shady. But the stuff that she's a cash scrab you know, say so, and all of those things sound just like the new music, Oh, attention and paint the Town red. Yes, they're like a slower bpm, but like it's the same stuff, to the point where she was saying, oh, you know, I commend any of my fans who called my rapping style corny before, because it was corny. But the new stuff attention and paint the Town Red, which she claims is meant to be the high brow real rap stuff, is just as corny cell phone, So what is it? We are distressed. We are keeping close eye on it, of course, as we do, and we're going to maintain our journalistic integrity and give you updates where updates are necessary. But if you are interested, type in doja cat in cell and you'll be like, it's harrowing. You're kind of like babes you are here creating new slurs for these in cels to use.
Speaker 2: How are you so deep in it? It can create a very it's very it's very horrwing.
Speaker 1: I would say that some of our favorite activities includ talking, Yeah, preaching to some quiet and attempting to be as it was.
Speaker 2: Really faithful audience.
Speaker 1: We've been thinking a lot about how to start someone to call it a cult? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And do we need to register it as a business a gsc sitsue?
Speaker 2: Truly? What is it?
Speaker 1: Twenty five percent tax free or twenty Is it an org? Is it a dot org? I think it might be a nonprofit.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know that a nonprofit anyway.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think if we were to make one FLEXI, what do we have to do?
Speaker 2: I never heard of a cult with two equal leaders? Have we? Has there ever been one?
Speaker 3: Is it because I personally if I don't want to be a cult leader, but I want to be a right hand man.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well then I don't want to be face. I want to be advisor.
Speaker 1: That's crazy because I would have thought the opposite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's too much press.
Speaker 1: You're letting me go down with the ship. Once we finally need to find it out and yeah, please, So if you're the one forming the cult, it's likely that you're the leader, but you need to make sure that your cult is organized for good purposes. That's where you come in.
Speaker 2: Where are you finding this information wiki?
Speaker 1: How?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so it's plagiarist.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay. Number two of starting a cult write up a body text. All cults have governing texts which have the virtue of being both mysteriously vague, pseudo profound, and easy to read by a white variety of people.
Speaker 2: Obviously, ascribe we already have our rules for life. Oh yeah, fully did that series in preparation. It would seem well in hindsight.
Speaker 1: Third, you need to find a place or practice of worship the Internet. Fair warning, people will probably find the idea of a cult about anything pretty strange. You may face a lot of hostility and backlash. That's why we have chosen words off on Instagram in the words. If you're really public with your cult, so obviously we still need to have some secrecy around our society objections, please, sir.
Speaker 3: I think if we're going to start a cult in the vein of the future, not the past, because if we look into the past. It's a lot of cautionary tales. It's not really that aspirational. I think we need to do the opposite. We need to double down and say this is a cult. Honestly, we're picky with members, but if you pay.
Speaker 2: We'll let you in. Do you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I think the more obvious and certain we are, the less you get, because I think it's the suspicion of what's happening behind closed doors that causes us like It erodes trust, it creates mystery, it separates people from their support systems. I don't want any of that. I want an integrated lifestyle. Perks were introducing you members the finders fee, of course, that's truly I think it needs to.
Speaker 2: Be run with a corporation.
Speaker 1: I never forget the day I put my Instagram on private.
Speaker 2: Fantastic.
Speaker 1: I had to give away with my paid content abilities for about a month there that I had on private, But boy did a boost morale with the followers. Finally, we need to come up with a slogan. All clubs, organizations and groups need good slogans. Cults do that they do. Oh and of course, the number one thing about starting a cult. Thank you pretty simcky pointing it out on the sheet. We need to pick an obsession. Yeah, so here at Flex and Frooms, we will be upfront as we previously said that we intend to be. We want to start a cult friends and family of the Potty and the radio show.
Speaker 2: I think our.
Speaker 1: Obsessions should be I go with a fast food option, but obviously they're not paying, so no.
Speaker 3: I think our obsession needs to be creating a utopia that's like in our vision. So I don't think we need to little it down to one singular cause like ascending or being the first one to touch down on Mars. But everything needs to be self serving, so people are feeding into their own self serving narrative but also feeding into ours. Needs to be too proned because everybody knows self actualization is being disciplined for yourself but also committed to a greater purpose. We can be someone else's greater purpose. They need to be disciplined to theirselves.
Speaker 2: I'm made for this.
Speaker 3: You, on the other hand, through me, I feel like you need to figure out what your role is here, Like yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's something here, there's something near.
Speaker 3: I just want to be like slightly to the left of you a foot backwards, sitting down, and then I want us to only talk in stairs or was this just like star around each other glance at stairs here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want people to be like, how what are they talking about?
Speaker 1: This essentially what we do.
Speaker 2: However, we are forced to use our voices, which show that's what I want from us.
Speaker 3: Okay, well we'll come back to it next week, guys, we'll ask WICKI how what's next?
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast. For more, tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio