Speaker 1: On today's episode of our summers series are very outspoken Christmas. We're joined by the talented Leah at Senas. Now this is a really fun chat and will make you feel extra Christmas y. Let's get into the episode. Is there any other rumors that you've heard or seen online that you're like, that is just so crazy. I want to set the records stroke that me.
Speaker 2: And Kaylor hate each other. That's the biggest one. It's the weirdest thing that like, oh they okay, I could never get along with me, kind of like so like my dad, it's their hipness. And I'm like, what's the hot our entire thirty years? By my past thirty years on this earth, I say fifteen it then you're just kind of switch up on us. Now.
Speaker 1: One rumor I remember hearing and it was like Taylor and Lea's mum have to go to the shop to buy them boost bars because they can't be seen purchasing trouble.
Speaker 2: People are insane. I've ever heard what's about it? Because who gets a boost buy? Anyway? I think at the start, you know, my parents were like, no, why would the Daily Mail be writing this? Why would they like what? Who told them? That and we all just learned to like ninety nine nine nine percent of the fastic it goes online, it's absolutely trash like it's such, it's just a full live.
Speaker 1: So thank you so much for joining us on Outspoken. We have previously been roasted by our listeners for pronouncing your last name wrong, which is very hypocritical of us, considering our last name is Torba. Can you please put an end to our argument for once and for all. Well, firstly, Lee, I feel like we should maybe say how we say your last name and you tell us if it's correct. Is it it's Cenis, Yes, yes, thank you.
Speaker 2: You got it right, so you it means to just hang on for a egg because yeah, a lot of people say it's signs, it's sign Us. I don't know, it's definitely it's Zenus, so yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: See we used to say it's Denus and then we learned it was yeah, and then yeah, but yeah, a lot of our Facebook like you guys don't pronounce it right, like listen to this, and there was like a really nitpicking disagreement online about it. Do you get people coming up to you and telling you how your name should be pronounced like is that ever around?
Speaker 2: But do you know what it's Actually, it's actually really funny. Within our own household, we already have an argument. So like my dad, who is it's his last name? Obviously we say, he says it's I'm like, what's the pot our entire thirty years, by my past thirty years on this earth. I say, it's seen us and you're just going to switch up on us now. So now we're literally Dad's like, it's it's and we're like, no, it's not. It's it's like oh no'ally arguing so who knows.
Speaker 1: Really having an identity crisis.
Speaker 2: So however you want to say it, really we're coming an agree.
Speaker 1: So do you know what it's so exciting to actually have a fellow Adelaide girl on the show, Like, we love what you were doing and but we're devastated to hear that you're no longer officially in Adelaide anymore? Why the move? And are you enjoying the gold coasters as much as Adelaide?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Do you know what it's? Yeah, it's it's a crazy It's honestly the weirdest thing that I six months ago. You could not have told me about that we were leaving. I was like, no way, no way, no way, Like my sister moved obviously, like over a year and a half ago, now maybe more. And I was like a dead no, like not gonna happen, not moving, blah bah blah. But we spent a lot of time up here, obviously because Master and I are very close, So we came up here like with you, a week's at a time. We stay in the same house as we just it's almost honestly when I say stars aligned, like stars aligned, which and I had like to make a decision whether we were going to renovate or sell our house, and if we were going to renovate, it's going to take a while whether we like, do we just move, do we stay, do we whatever? And we just had this massive conversation as a family, like Kaylor and us, and we were just like, you know, I have never in my life my family house. I went to primary school two streets away, high school three streets away. Mitch and I lived a straight away from that. I've been in this little like I've never gone anywhere. I've never done anything, I've never lived anywhere else. I've never traveled properly, Like I've just really in my little bubble, right and we our supplements, all of our supplies are up here, so it's a lot easier business wise up here. And I just thought, you know what, like Gidi's still young, she's two and a half. We don't have to set Stelle anywhere for school. We can just if it's it's like now, we'll never right, And we just decided we're like, you know what, the worst, the worst that can happen is we've just come on like we just there's no difference. So like we said to ourselves, like, we'll give us a year just to try. And if you don't like people, go home. We love Adelaide, so we'll just see and we love it. It's such a it's an amazing growth change for us. Wild did we and.
Speaker 1: Gold Coast people, I feel like they're quite similar to Adeladians. They're a bit more chilled and yeah, no one.
Speaker 2: Cares about anything. Yeah. And I always always said, oh, you know, people on the go cost like they don't wear any clothes, but when you're here, like, I get it, it's hard. We don't want to wear clothes. It's too up. If I get it, yeah, chill out.
Speaker 1: Is it true that you guys, when you're living in Adelaide, it was like your mum and dad were on the same street. Kayla was on the same street. Were you that close or is that just a bit of a parents down the road?
Speaker 2: No? Yeah, no, not the same street, but very like we weren't literally like my parents. It was like two streets to Kayla. We were on the adjacent street to Kayler, so we were on the street over and then Jay's mum and sister were on the street over that, so like that way, and then my grandparents were a minute drive away, like very very close, like a walk all distance within like two minutes. So it was great. Was really that.
Speaker 1: Must have been helpful at Christmas time because you know you could go, Would you guys all go to your parents' house the morning of or how would that all work beings so close?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, pretty much. We just go straight there and evert all the kids everything there. Everybody just pack up and take everything there. It's always at mums. It's always a mom and dad. It's the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah. How does your husband feel about that? Because his parents just as close by? They just three streets down or.
Speaker 2: No, they're like twenty minutes, which in our word is like, oh my god, twenty minute dry. But they so we they always do they do, like, you know, different Christmases on different different families, because he's not much is an only child, so for us, like it's a big back, great Christmas, and for him it was like something a little bit smaller. So he thinks it's hectic, and he's grown to love it. It's great.
Speaker 1: So is he Just like the main character from my big fat Greek Wedding. I can't remember his name, the guy that how did Greek Christmases compare? Because I've often said to some of my Greek and Italian friends, I actually wish that I was born into that because you guys just seem to do it so much better. Like there's seven course mills and is that is it just the best?
Speaker 2: It's so good, honestly, And like this year is going to be just the same, like all of our stuff is just very much like anyone can come. It doesn't matter who is coming, like friends, family, neighbors, Like it doesn't matter, like there's never like an invite list, like we just say, like we just sent out a big takes being like weather on Christmas. This is what times And I'm like, rock up if you want, like and that's and that's how it works in our family. We never have like we have sit down time where everyone like sits and eats. But most of the time the ship flinging around everywhere, like there's like there's you know, you out up at the start and for people picking, we all get tongs and we picked the lamb off the spit like as we're eating it. It's just so much fun. It's all about whoever comes, like and we're just al just hanging out.
Speaker 1: And is there a bit of pressure for you to produce the goods because obviously you're such an amazing cook. Are you sort of like is there particular tasks that you get given? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I get given most given. It's usually like me, Mom and Yaya are usually doing the most. And then like you know, the guys are outside of the barbecue, were inside just like getting everything ready. But like I said, like it's very free flowing, so it's kind of like, oh, do we feel like eating some squid? Now, great, let's go make it, Like do we feel like doing it? Like it's just very cruisy, But yeah, I think I think my mom would have the biggest role because she does all the shopping. I don't want to do any of that, but I hope that will cook all day. But I enjoy it. I love it.
Speaker 1: I remember this is so Adelaide, But there's We wanted to ask you about some rumors that keep floating around about yourself and Kayla. There was one I remember hearing and it was like Kayla and Lea's mum have to go to the shop to buy them boost bars because they can't be seen purchasing chocolate. I think this was like way back in the you know, in the day of the bikini body guy. That was one rumor I remember, and I was like, surely that is not the case.
Speaker 2: People are insane. That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard. What's about it? Because who gets a boost buy anyway, get me anything and be something ridiculous. But we would buy our own chocolate. Yeah, I definitely wou would go out marriage. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It just seems like they were urban legends about your family because everyone couldn't believe that there was some you know, a family that was so successful out of Adelaide, which is a little bit sad, like we're really downplaying. Is there any other rumors that you've heard or seen online that you're like that is just so crazy. I want to set the records straight that me.
Speaker 2: And Kaylor hate each other. That's the biggest one. It's the weirdest thing that like, oh they would I could never.
Speaker 3: Get along with me, kinw of like in world like that is so weird, Like people say things all the time. We just laugh, but it's like that, it's so random. Oh, like you know, Leah just like you know, I don't even know hates Kaylea. Kellor hates Lee because she's so mean. I'm like Kelly, he's me. She's mean to me, I mean to her, like bullying.
Speaker 1: Each other like lis just normal.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, yeah, I'm like doports and make money like ship. She's like yeah, all right, then hangs up on me and then she called me the same telling me I need to do my hair. Like there's literally unless you won't get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these people that don't have siblings at all, because I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I am a bully.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's a it's like a specific sister thing though, because like people don't get it the way we speak to each other, and you can have an argument and literally two seconds later be over it and be like, oh can I borrow that of yours? Like our partners are like, what is going on? Weren't you just arguing with her two seconds ago?
Speaker 2: You're like yeah, yeah, And then all like Mitt be like, oh, you know, like you know, if he says anything about Kayla, I'm like, I beg your pardon. You don't say that. I can say that no one else in this room. I can call her any names like that.
Speaker 1: That is so funny talking about Kaylor. I really enjoy hearing you make cameos on her podcast, And there was one episode where you were talking about how you get compared a lot, and also talking about the trolling that you have received, which is just awful. How do you deal with that type of negativity?
Speaker 2: Honestly, Like I would say, the last year has been really good, Like I've really learned to just you know, shut it out. It's honestly then, like negativity posts having a baby literally handed postal depression to me on a fucking flatter, which is great, but honestly, like you know, but like it's unfortunately, it is what it is, And like I've had. I've worked in like therapy to literally be like how do I deal with this? Because this isn't normal, like a normal situation. If you know, if someone doesn't like you or you don't like them, like you can just like leave like separate, you know, you don't have to see them, or you don't contact them, you block their number or whatever. But unfortunately, I just can't do that. So I've just like had to work really hard and being like my mine and Kayla's relationship, my self worth, kayla self worth is just not up for discussion like that you just U isn't for us. And We've just had to do a lot of like self work to be like okay, like whatever these people are saying whatever they want to say, like just let them. It's like a one sided beef at this point, like oh, we don't care, We're so happy like that is It just kind of is what it is, and it's an unfortunate thing that you have to go through. But I think for the last like ten years, it's we just had to grow some big skin is Unfortunately.
Speaker 1: The crazy thing about it is I can't and I don't know if I'm just being biased towards you guys, but I actually don't. I haven't seen you guys do anything that would actually be worthy of anyone. No one normally does, that's the thing they don't. But there's obviously a lot of controversial influences out there who might do something that that do that does warrant not warrant. But you can understand, oh they're going to copy bit of that. But I'm so confused because you guys are so likable, but it just.
Speaker 2: Shows you, yeah, not even in the the likability. I think that, Like I literally all I do is make recipes and be a musk. Like I don't understand it, Like I'm okay if you hate me for that, oh jeez. It's like.
Speaker 1: On a more positive note, there is a very popular other family member of yours. It has an Instagram account, and there's been a fews. There's been a few rooms swirling about that particular account, and this is, of course, now is it your papoo?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: Sorry? But Estinus Pool, sorry, I'm so un We'll let it that miss, But yes, you're Poopool's Instagram account. Now, there is a rumor going around that maybe he doesn't have full control of that account.
Speaker 2: Is that true? Honestly, there's one thing about our family is we're pretty much a vault. So unfortunately got under.
Speaker 1: That because we really wanted to get him on the show instead of new Lean. This was just a way to get to him.
Speaker 2: But you get it. Honestly, he would get canceled within five seconds.
Speaker 1: His own tattle thread.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he would have about he would have a Leisandrod on there every day.
Speaker 1: How what do your family think about it all?
Speaker 2: Though? Are they?
Speaker 1: I mean especially I suppose about all the I suppose the fame, the the intrigue and media scrutiny everything, and yeah there's been I suppose they've put up with it for quite a while now, you guys have been in the spotlight for such a long time. But initially were they really surprised by all of the reactions?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think like, like my family obviously it's been in the last ten years, maybe a little bit more so. I think like we've obviously obviously learned to grow and I don't I think at the start, you know, my parents will like, you know, why would the Daily Mail be writing this? Why would they like what? Who told them this? And we're like over time, I think, and we all just learned to like ninety nine point nine nine percent of the stuff that goes online is absolutely trash, like it's such it's just full lies, and we know it because we can we see it. And obviously our families around. I think it's hard for like our parents to like if someone said something about GG, I'd be like, I'm ready to fight someone. Like as a parent, they're like they've had to do a lot of work being like it's okay, it's just an article, it's just a person, blah blah blah. But like both of my parents worked in schools and my dad's still a teacher, and he just thinks like he he finds it hard because he's like it's just bullying, Like it's just like kid bullying in the playground. I hate it. He hates it. But it's just like he also he just don't try about it, don't try about it, don't try about it. So it's very he's very like you know that we've had to come to a point where like we know what we know us, we're happy with us, so that's all.
Speaker 1: It would be so tough, like I could just I can't imagine not being able to say anything to defend your children, like but then obviously it would probably make it worse as well, and then you get more articles.
Speaker 2: So it's just like a exactly, so it's just best to leave it, and which is unfortunate. I've had like a real like thing thing about that because I've always wanted, you know, and like a random room like can't buy our own chocolate bus Like that is so random. I've never never food, like I came up with that, and I kind of wanted to, like you know what you want to you want to go and tell that person about what is wrong with you. I hope who says that or who makes up that random thing? And then like that in itself, like I don't get and never get like it's called like a right of reply, Like I don't get the right to say something because it's like it's just it's a stupid vibe. It's it's dumb, like it's waste of my energy and my time or I could be with hanging out with my daughter, like I'd rather do that. So we've just had to like really hold back and just let it go. But you know what I really like lately Tammy Hembro has been going on TikTok and and derailing some media articles. It's is just like just laughs, and I think that's how we deal with it. We just laugh, like the only thing you can do, because if you don't laugh, you'll just get frustrated. I think.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, that's the great thing about social media, like being able to actually have a right of reply because obviously, back before social media, celebrities like you'd have to put out a you know, a press release that was written by a publicist. I mean, I think some influences do need a little bit of help when it comes to some of these statements. It can be good and bad though, because you don't want to have to sometimes it's just best, I think for people to ignore stuff. I mean, like you don't want to get on your story and be like I have heard this rumor that my mum has been buying boost bars and this is really you.
Speaker 2: Know, and then then then just it just fuels the next one. It just feels the next one and the next one, and then people expect you, like they can't wait for you say something. It's just like I just can't be bothered, just actually bothered. I'd rather just do something else with my energy, because it takes a lot of my energy, and I'm like, my energy is so spent with Gigi and my business that I'm like, I can't sit here and think of someone who's not gonna that. I can't buy my own chocolate bar, like you think that you just do that and enjoy your day. I don't know what. I don't know how to help you, know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I can understand why Tammy is coming out at the moment, though, because there is so much attention on this wedding that's coming up. Yeah, we can't pretend, like we have been talking about a lot on our podcast, so we can't pretends the wedding on the Century.
Speaker 2: I love that. I love that. I can't I mean, I can't. I can't wait. But I just like her debunking ship that's online. She's just like stupid, Like this is dumb. So I just like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, heading into Christmas, I want to get some tips from you because I'm actually doing Christmas at my house this year and I've checked out obviously your Instagram. I've gone on how to look and the recipes look insane, But can you give some advice? I suppose maybe to first time Christmas hosts, what have we got to do in the lead up to Christmas to get our shit organized for the day?
Speaker 2: Oh it's hard, But do you know what we used to do. We used to say, like, you know, whoever's hosting does everything right, absolutely everything, and then that cause is so much stress for that one person. Right, So we've now been like everyone, if you want to come, bring something like bring bring you salad, bring something like something that just helps on the day. So then when you're actually if it's your hosting, you're just like, I can just make a few things, and then it just gives you like a little bit of a because I feel like the expectation of like you're hosting, you also have to feed everyone, like not fends a lot of money, Like you're spending a lot for everybody, and you're doing a lot of time and f and all that shit. You're like, oh my god, it's a lot. So delegate. So yeah, that's a great time. But I would yeah, like just be like because I feel like people that oh, no, no i'm hosting, I'll have it like no, no, no, I'm hosting. I will have you over. But you can bring things as well, and you can we can all celebrate together, right rather than stress on me, So one hundred percent and delegate firstly, but secondly, I would have a list and get things that you can get in advance the week before, Like if you're going to make a potatoes out, you can buy potatoes now last a week, do you know. I mean, rather than doing that Christmas rush the worst. So I try and do my things at least a week before, freeze things, all that stuff. Just so I'm like, I'm not I don't want to go to Wallis on the day before that or delivery. We love a delivery.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love that you're giving that advice to Amy because she really needs to listen to it because she's the type of person. She loves hosting. She's got a great outdoor area and she always puts a hand up. But she is one of the one of the people that buys the things like the day of and I don't even mean in the morning, like obviously Christmas is a little bit different. But she will have like a Halloween party recently, and you bought the stuff like at two pm, and people coming back for six months, just like what are you doing? I think I don't know. For some reason, it doesn't seem like a proper event to me unless there is that stress beforehand. It's like a last I'm a adrenaline.
Speaker 2: I do get it. I do love a birthday. I love I love a birthday for organizing that.
Speaker 1: Actually, I was following Gigi's birthday closely because it was under the CEA theme. So I've just had a baby recently. Heyes, nearly six months old, and I'm already like going into birthday planning mode. So maybe I need to pick your brain about that, because that looked amazing.
Speaker 2: I'm literally I was literally her birthday's coming around. It's in March, and I'm like, it's November. Start fighting. I'm really excited. Like third birthday, I think we're going to go with Mermaid fairy theme. So yeah, I'm very excited. I love a birthday. I feel like birthday is a my thing because I think, like I eat that one person's day and it's like Gig couldn't give a shit about last year, but I'm like, it's me. I'm so excited. It just makes so happy for one second. So I yeah, birthdays are great. And the first birthday I literally balled my eyes out the entire time. Second birthday was because I used to Oh my god, they're twenty one, like one years old, you're a year old. Second birthday. I couldn't wait. It was my fact. I was like painting things. I was, oh my god, it was too much.
Speaker 1: I saw that. I was so impressed, like the big sea, like the crab and the fish. It's so cool. So I don't know what theme to pick because like Jack's only starting to just get a personality now, and obviously I suppose the first birthday party you kind of just pick whatever you like.
Speaker 2: I guessing, or whatever's like easy to find.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I did a Peter Rabbit baby shout that stuff is hard to find. It was, like's so and it's expensive, like you've got to get it from the UK. So yeah, I've got to find something that's cool, but like, yeah, easy to get, like.
Speaker 2: The reject shop.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, have you got have you got any amazing Christmas traditions now that you've got Gigi?
Speaker 2: And yeah, well we're putting up the Christmas tree tonight. We're doing it in November. People do a December time, but I was waiting for my Christmas thing. I would have done it first November, but my Christmas treck Action's got delivered today, so I'm brea excited that I we kind of want to start new ones because we haven't really you know, GDIs this year only quite sort of understanding Christmas at Santa sort of vibe. She doesn't really understand a lot of it, but she, you know, she loves decoration. So now that we're up in Queensland, it's not as easy just to like do things with my parents or like Kayla or whatever. But I'd love to do, like Christmas Eve, have all the kids and have like a sleepover. I don't know whether Kayla will be onto that, but I think like I as a kid, I loved we used to get the mattresses and willed me and Kayla, not mom and dad, Me and Cali's store, myselfs and the mom and dad Bella. We'd re allow mattresses into the living room and we'd have like a movie night, and I love that so much. I feel like that would be so fun for the kids. If we can do like Christmas Eve, like little sleepover vibes, and then in the morning we all wake up together or we do like Christmas Eve Eve, so we do like that and then it's Christmas Eve with their family. I don't know, we kind of want to pick something to we're doing. I've forced Kaylor into matching pjs at Santoto, so that'll happen next week. So she was like that.
Speaker 1: I think she was keen on that.
Speaker 2: Well. She just was like, we should do photos like matching pj's and she's like, can we just do photos?
Speaker 1: We're doing the same thing, and our husbands were thrilled that they're in on in the action. We're like, we got your present.
Speaker 2: They're like, what, I don't want that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like just post for the photo, just be in it. Like just I've got to know what movies were you guys watching, Like what are your Christmas go tos?
Speaker 2: We I just think we were the Grinch obviously, Like that's a vibe. I think we used to watch Home Alone just as just that. I think that was fun. But we would, honestly, it wouldn't really be about the movie. We'd probably put something on and then we would just like eat popcorn or whatever. We were just kind of partying around the around the living room. But yeah, that was that was fun. I think now now having kids, I'm like, that is so important for those little magical memories and like Santa warning trigger wanting anybody. I used to Mum used to go outside when we were sleeping and she'd ring some jingle bells on the street. So we and k will be like sleep sleep, so we hear it and we're like, oh my god, my god. So like things like that, I kind of want to make it like a real magical time. So yeah, I'm really excited this is you, this is our year because honest like at an age where she gets it and then Gigi's there, Jax just wants to riff everything, so that's perfect, Like so yeah, it's gonna be good for them all. I think it'd be really good.
Speaker 1: So did I hear that correctly? Are you guys staying on the Gold Coast for Christmas? You're not coming back to Adelaide?
Speaker 2: Yes, we'll be staying on the Gold Coast for Christmas. Yea. So my parents are coming out, Mitch's parents are coming out where I am like this close to getting my before up here, like I'm so close, so close, so we could we could see them. We could not. Usually, so either year they either go to my my mum's sister's house or our so either way, they kind of have somewhere to go obviously, But I'm so close. I just have to have one more visit to Adelaid, which I go next week, not next week, week after. I'm there for the whole week. Every day. I'm gonna be like, I'm booking your tickets. I'm booking your tickets, booking your tickets, and I think they'll come.
Speaker 1: I think that'd be special.
Speaker 2: It'd be amazing if they do.
Speaker 1: We were speaking on the podcast last week about Kate's joined this what is it called like the mums Christmas Mum's Facebook group. It's it's so it's look, I mean, I'm not as sold on the group. Kate has added me as a group member anyway. It's it's very cute. It's like lots of handmade craft Christmas kind of stuff. Some of it's good, some of it's not so good. But some of the moms on there have already done their Christmas shopping in November? Is that? Is that kind of when do you get your Christmas shopping done? Is this sort of all of the responsibility on you? Or is your husband pretty good at helping out.
Speaker 2: No, he's good. He buys her more than things than I do. It's so annoying. Buy her the same shoes like she's got but just in a different color. Might I go, she's got them. I bought her crops when I went to the shop. But I think what we're going to do this year is like there's a big w really close. Like the kids literally like I came from a home from Adelaide and got her little tea set and she's been playing with it for the past like twenty four hours. I literally want to take it to bed last time. So they're very easily pleased, Like I'm not gonna buy them, Like me and Me and Kayla are like right, we're gonna spend one hundred bucks. We're gonna go together. We're gonna go get Anna a Dole, Judy Doll Jackson toy. My mum has already filled up the cupboard already with it. I was like, the kids do it, like as long as we do the Christmas traditions, have fun, They're gonna have like, we're just gonna go get My mum used to do this all the time for us. She probably would spend maybe I'd say like fifty dollars, right, and that would be her budget for me or Kayla or whoever. And she'd go into a store but get little things like a little and shake a toy with anything, and then she'd wrap everything up so we'd have like thirty presents, but there were nothing that sucks. She'd wrap up individually, like things like that, like oh my god, there's so many things, and it's just like it wasn't expensive, but it was just like the notion of like, wow, this, we're going to have all this stuff. So I think that's what we'll do for the kids. But we're just I try and buy things in Black Friday because I'm like it's like fifty percent off, So I'm trying to I'm going to this week and next week I'm gonna buy all like the like little painting sets and things like that, and then I'll go to be fun, are we?
Speaker 1: That sounds like a great plan because I had the moment because it's going to be Jack's yeah, first Christmas. I'm like, oh do you I've heard people discussing that do you even buy babies a present for Christmas? I will be just because I'm I don't know I'm excited for it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so I don't think. I don't reckon I got DG anything for the first her first Christmas, because I think she was like I was worried and I'm so feeling. I think I was like, nah, I just I'll just whatever. But I reckon. There was so many things from like mum that she Mum would come we can say. I thought this, I'm wrap it up, like let's not let's not give me her wrap it up. So she had so much stuff. I was like, what am I going to get her? She doesn't even like blink yet. So like I think the first year, I was like nado or about it, but second year was this year is gonna be all for I'm ready.
Speaker 1: I had I heard they're just like the wrapping paper better, so you could just literally wrap a box and they've got no idea.
Speaker 2: Or just wrap like a mug or a tup away container and be like wow, this is this is so cool.
Speaker 1: Like I know the thing is you're spending so much money, like I've had order, Like I just got a playpen for him recently. It was like two hundred, but like all these things and I'm like, there's a lot of gifts that you've already received in your first six months of lives quite.
Speaker 2: Costly, and my soul as well.
Speaker 1: It's a lot. Well, last year, you had your wedding really close to Christmas, So how did that go. Was that sort of at the time, you're like, oh my god, this is too close. We should have done it like space it out or was it like so magical?
Speaker 2: No, it was great, Like we just did something so cruisy, Like I think if we did a massive wedding and it would have been like this is too much, but we just did. We literally had twenty people my closest family like Mitch's family in my family that was already like sixteen people, and then we had like a couple of friends each. We just had to celebrate at the house and had a chef. But I literally did nothing. Like everyone's like, what can I do to help? I was like nothing. People are coming in setting up with call ten things of lights, like a lady came and did all the table and I was like, oh no, no, I literally literally did nothing. I went to the gym that morning. It was like, oh, I don't get a coffee with myself because I don't know just something I can do. So No, it was really good. I loved it. It was just easy, and it was nice because I got to see my really close family friends and then this day was like just everyone and anyone. So it was like nice to have that little almost calming moment. Really. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So because Kayla got married like in December last year and then yours was two years ago, did you guys purposely pick around Christmas because you love the season or did this happen to fall on those dates.
Speaker 2: I think it just kind of fell on those days. I think we were kind of hoping for hotter weather, so it kind of went down to the December because we're still in November and it was like is it going to rain? Is it not? So like we pushed it as far as we could. But yeah, Keayla did the same sort of thing like backyardy farm music. It was great, Like we both kind of had cruisy weddings. I would say it was really easy.
Speaker 1: It sounds happy. I don't know if you had the same photographer as Kayla Christina, but I had her for my wedding as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was so good. I booked her in and then I like before I didn't hadn't really heard much about her, and then I saw a rock up pop up on Kayla's page. I was like, I must have picked twelve, like she's doing Kelly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So she's actually she's actually a family her dad and my dad a cousin somehow one of those week things some power and cousin cousin. So Caylee got her. But she's the best. She's honestly, she gets things from like every angle, like little cans. I love I love I love it. We literally we had it, me and Keayla. So we're doing me and Kellor working on a project together. We're just an adlaid together and she was a photographer for it and she's just amazing, Like I just I love her so much.
Speaker 1: Just back to Christmas quickly before we go, what about for family for presents? Do you guys do a secret Santa or do you actually buy everyone in your family a Christmas present?
Speaker 2: Nah? We stopped doing that like the minute Anna was born. I was like, sorry, Keller, you get nothing kids. And I think, like so Mitchell's Mitch Jay's family does a secret Sanata and we were just kind of like, hold onto that and we now do a thing where like we buy our present, not a specific persons present, and then we do the thing that you can steal other people's presence like fun, you get a number and then like yeah it's a it's yeah, you get a number and then if you get whatever, nuther is like one story to however many people are there, and then there's all presents in the rooms. In your number called you get to pick a present, like pick what you want, open it, and then it's your present. And then if someone the next person gets to pick their present and if they don't like it, they can take yours. So you kind of want to be the last the higher number so you can pick whoever you want. It just makes like a really funny morning because everyone just bits.
Speaker 1: Do people purposely buy ship press because we've played that before and I remember our sisters Sophie, she bought like such a bad present, but everyone wanted it. It was like some stress ball pooh. It was like it was like most d or people actually buying good presents in your game, we.
Speaker 2: Said, we said like we had we had a max of fifty dollars because we were like, don't buy anything and anything more expensive than that because and then that that happens, like someone buys like a three thousand or something and what so fifty bounce is the Macs and we all just like and we all kind of bought things that were a bit funny, like we thought, like, you know, a candle with a Willie on it. I thinks like that. So we kind of depends on who's buying. And I think that's kind of the fun of it. You know that someone you know, I've always gonna buy something dumb, so like the Millies came.
Speaker 1: I hope your grandparents were fighting over that Willie Canton. Of course, we hope you enjoyed this episode with Leah. She joins us again in our subs episode tomorrow, where we discuss Christmas food as well as pregnancy cravings. Here's a little teaser of what you can expect Christmas.
Speaker 2: Crack that's like one billion, but then that'll be our Christmas. That's us. Not that I knew that I was pregnant, but I had iceberg lettuce and I was like dipping it in French onion dip, and I was like, something wrong, something genuinely in pregnancy. If I had any nawse or any sort of like back ache, but the wont it was it was bloody hungry Jack Suberes. Once I discovered that I was over.
Speaker 1: Don't forget to sign up to Outspoken Plus for more content like this is more information on how you can become an Outspoken Plus member in the show notes. Also, if you have a few moments and you haven't already, we would love if you could go and leave us a five star because it helps out the podcast so much. This episode was recorded on the traditional land of the Gharna people of the Adelaide Plains. We pay respect to elders past and present,