Speaker 1: Hi legends, Welcome back to the Mason Cock Show. There are some big, big stories out of this week.
Speaker 2: We go calling.
Speaker 1: We got the w over Saint Kilda just barely. Some other news headlines from NFL dot com. Lloyd denied by Leus flap. Yes that is quoted from malfl dot com. We've got Hindelberg has done some heroics to save GWS at the very end, and we also have a Jason Horn Francis being backed up by his coach. We love that. There's a lot in this episode, So sit in, settle down, and let's get into it. Okay, let's get into it. Thanks everyone for tuning in, but without further ado. Brendon Cox welcome.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, we just watched the pause game and my heart is still going a million miles an hour.
Speaker 1: Hell you doing? I'm I feel good. We got the win in the end. But yes, it was a little bit more stressful and I probably wanted to be. But as I say, at W is a w. So we beat tak Kilder. There's no more unbeaten teams.
Speaker 2: Than the IFL.
Speaker 1: At the moment, we're all on and even streak now side. Who knows who's gonna make the top eight. Now.
Speaker 3: It reminded me of when Broucklesna bait the Undertaker to break his streak at WrestleMania.
Speaker 2: It's right up there with that moment.
Speaker 3: But let's jump into the clanger of the week and I don't even It's one of the great robberies in sport when you see a defender come on down from defense and he launches into it like a kick from fifty and it's going to sail through, and he's teams up and about. But Lloyd has been denied, denied by a loose flap.
Speaker 2: Did you see this? Yes, we must go into detail.
Speaker 1: The loose flap was the flap from the goalpost, the padding, so that was hanging out. Someone didn't properly, you know, put it onto the post, and the ball as it was sailing through, touches the flap, which is considered part of the post, which means it's touched the post quote unquote. Therefore it's a point, not a goal. So Sydney two weeks in a row been screwed over by a shot from almost fifty. The first one they thought they had it, no surreal. Earlier on the goal line take that shit back. Second time loose flap comes in, sidy is, I'll slap that through.
Speaker 2: You gotta be doing a flap check before you start, don't you.
Speaker 1: Well the worse was the fact that they taped it up after it too. They realized it was an issue after the situation had happened.
Speaker 2: They go, oh, yeah, that's a problem. What's I le's sort it out now. Too little, too late for Jakie Lloyd, but deny to.
Speaker 1: Go a backman goal too.
Speaker 3: Luckily it didn't really you know, determine the winner or the result.
Speaker 2: But yeah, loose flap it'll it'll get the.
Speaker 1: Problems can cause some problems, but we'll go into a more job general subject now. Gather around obviously, gather around the big situation, the big event of the weekend. Everyone's in Adelaide in South Australia and up a Mount Barker I think it was called some mount some mount up north, Yeah, Mount Barker in Adelaide Hills. They built a little, a little ground out there to do some some damage there. But yeah, it's it's been announced. Three more years of gathered around Adelaide. The ifl saw something and goes, yes, we will walk in three more years, and yeah, it was. It was quite a success. I think they they said they sold out every single game. Some of the visuals didn't look very sold sold out to me. But you know, we we you know, we move on. And it was a big success for the if L. Lots of people showed up, lots people drove in town from the country, drove inter state and everything else. And it's a credit to the IFL. It's one of those very few ideas the IL has done now I agree with, and it went well.
Speaker 3: If you look up the Mount Barker Oval, it's on Google Maps, it's still just a paddock out in the middle of nowhere. So they turned it around pretty quick and that's impressive. But they've got a piece of tech down there. Oh it's a bit of c I A a bit of you know this is what was this? It's they put it on the fence and it emits a frequency that scares away all the ducks.
Speaker 2: The duck frequency. So there's no ducking down mountain. Geez, no high free kicks down there. Now, you won't get away with it down there.
Speaker 3: They're gonna duck emitting frequency machine wave thing.
Speaker 2: How the hell I have they got that the MCG for all the birds that come on to there, So there's no ducks on the MCG.
Speaker 3: Surely there's the same frequency for birds. It's a duck frequency. Do you not know anything about bird frequencies?
Speaker 1: The science behind it baffles me. Anyway, I want to say this last thing about this gather around is super success everything else, and it's one of the coolest things I think in AFL. One of the visuals I absolutely love is the like actual footballs. They had a special football for gathering round, special kind of cartoon stuff for it, not everything else. It's only specific for that round. And so one thing that trumps out and that's the indigenous round ball, and that thing is phenomenal. Last year's was crazy good, really cool, Like I want to get my hands on one at some point. I think I have to maybe be best on ground in the team, I think to be able to get one of those foot is And what was it last year second in line and Nathan Murphy clicked me. I want to sales fuming because I wanted that football.
Speaker 3: They do some cool stuff that AFL is really good at, you know, just the little extras that give it a nice touch a lot better than how the NRL's going now. I don't know if you've seen any of this stuff, but heading into their Anzac clash, they've been selling some jumpers, you know, the Anzac day jumpers. You've worn a few of those over your time. Well, they've been busted a couple of clubs in the NRL taking stock images of American soldiers of getty images and like photo websites and turning them around and like just pretending they're Ansacks and chucking them.
Speaker 2: On the jumper.
Speaker 1: Now that's I don't know, it's done too. It's disrespectful. I think it's like an iconic visual of like the Anzac hat. You know, like that's one thing I look at whenever I see like an outline or a silhouett and I'm like, that's Anzac for sure, because it's got the hat.
Speaker 2: We're like Americans the helmet. Which one's more useful? I think probably the.
Speaker 1: Helmet, don't get me wrong, but it is the iconic visual of ANZAC soldiers whenever you see like that hat on top of their head.
Speaker 3: It was the dumbest I don't know how it came about, but like this image of American soldier. He's got like he's like assault rifle and he's like in Australian walking away from like a chopper in the background, and like it's just so weird.
Speaker 2: But you know, we'll get into this week's games. Now. Great start, great start.
Speaker 1: Now, Like we had the Adelaide Crows and their new jumper versus Carlton.
Speaker 3: Now Carlton in the white strip, which I don't wear very often, but it looks slick.
Speaker 1: I like that click. It wasn't helping him on the day because they got spanked. And I mean that the nicest why it was Adelaide came out thunderous. I think they kicked eight goals in the first quarter, eight goals to Carlton's too, and they said, this is our hometown, this is our home deck, and we're going to prove that situation and we're going to absolutely thump you in the first corner. And they did, and it was just trying to claw back from there on out for Carlton. And it was crazy to see they were moving the ball so quick. Their forward line was just you know, it's cool to see a team when they're just in like like a flow state and they were just humming, which is, yeah, it's big for Carlton. Carlton fans were rightfully a bit miffed after the game and they copped a lot of feedback, but yeah, it was. It was pretty nice to see because it was kind of going over there a bit of a test, but like no one saw Adelaide's sneaky good. I don't think they're getting the credit they should be. They're sneaky good this year and back to being really good at Adelaide Oval. It's important skinny ground, it'll be able to get long down the line, make the contest. As a big boy says. There was one that did happen from it though. They had the Savanni trip a brain fire. Maybe this is the clanger of the week. I'm not really too sure, but he had a little bit of a situation where I kind of tried to half tackle someone kind of got the guy got loose from the tackle and essentially tripped him to the floor. And yeah, that's going to be that's gonna be something. It's going to be a little bit of financials out of his wallets where it might be a little bit further. I think it'd be just a fine though.
Speaker 2: What I find that didn't help.
Speaker 3: The situation is so Sylvanney's on the deck, he's got one full leg like wrapped up right, pay a trip there holding the leg, and then he wouldn't have done the rest of the action. Sometimes that gets players in trouble, especially like some of these slings that you see as well.
Speaker 2: It'll be a player.
Speaker 3: We will have a guy tackled and done, and there's a delayed whistle, a delayed whistle because the umpire just wants it to come out so it can play on and then delayed whistle. So then eventually the guy's like, well I got to keep going with the tackle, and then dumps him on the ground and they're like dangerous tackle. It's like, well, if you had to just blown the whistle ten seconds earlier, I've been hanging off this guy for bloody half an hour. When are you going to pay the free kick? He's literally holding onto his leg and he's like trying to reef his leg out. So then Sylvanne's like, well, I'll just like kick his other leg off, and and the way we go, it's like whit Like there wasn't much else that he could do, but just called the trip earlier. And it's you know, we're not even talking about.
Speaker 1: It at the same place because he just takes a free kick anyway where he would have just been stuck, So there's really no difference there. Yeah, we'll move on to the Free versus Signs game Friday night. Big blockbuster. This is a blockbuster. I did a little bit triple amb I could just feel it on the radio. They were just like, keep me the hell out of this joint.
Speaker 3: Well what it was, because it's like sub stories inside substories. With every game you could have two you know, bottom dwellers coming together, but there's always something inside it. And I reckon it's just the pressure on both coaches in this one because it's Stewe has been under pressure for a lot.
Speaker 1: He went up to the Gold Coast, I feel like, and our.
Speaker 2: Boy lung beyond Longie.
Speaker 3: He was he's feeling the heat this season because you know, they went forward last year, played finals, got a win in finals, and then they've come out and they've been really struggling. So yeah, I was just looking at both coaches that are like having mini stro on the sidelines, and you're like, I just want him to both win and I don't know how that's gonna work.
Speaker 2: But yeah, stressful.
Speaker 1: Maybe they probably both get flat for a time. There's no no winning for both of them at the same time. But yeah, Freo came back after being behind for most of the game. And there's one thing I realized, being a rockman, Shan Darcy dominant. Big Boy was dominant, which is the moment. So they had no other backup really that had the experience that he does, and Sean Darcy took four advantage of that.
Speaker 2: And they was saying that he's one hundred and ten kilos, which is he is.
Speaker 1: More I've played against the man. The man is more than a hundred and killers guaranteed pushing one twenty if not more.
Speaker 2: He's thick. He's a two sick man. He's a thick boy. Oh man. But yeah, I did not apologies.
Speaker 3: I don't know who the hell that he was playing on, some young kid with a mullet, and I felt so bad for I was just like, Sean Darcy would have got fifty hit outs and lick. He was just ragged on this poor kid. I just felt so for him. But yeah, big Boy, Sean Darcy's that's what you were talking about with these rucks, these first rucks. We discussed it last week with first and second rucks, and a lot of people you know, had their opinion on what you said last week.
Speaker 2: But that's the difference.
Speaker 3: You got these like rucks that are two ten centimeters tall going against one to ninety somethings and they're two twenty kegs against guys that have to run and jump and lead up and stuff that are you know, one hundred kilos or whatever. So they're given away height and weight.
Speaker 1: And yeah, it's a tough matchup for sure, but there there was a positive thing also out of this game. Now Walter's kicked four and obviously a bit of a bit of the racism scandal again this week. Unfortunately I deal with it again and social media side people saying things that they shouldn't. And it's pretty awesome though, because Walter's in reaction to that, goes and kicks four. And we talked about Jamara kicking five after he had had his kind of thing that happened earlier this year, and it's it's great, you know, to see Indigenous after having such a terrible week and having to deal with that stuff, come out and just light up the big stage.
Speaker 3: It's always the best way to the haters, just kick a bag. And yeah, it is sad that it just seems to be a weekly occurrence at the moment. Obviously they're all cowards because they're all doing it behind, you know, anonymous accounts with like no names or whatever.
Speaker 2: So they're just a pack of losers.
Speaker 3: But it's great to see all these indigenous players out there just thriving.
Speaker 2: Like it's awesome to say.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about one of those indigenous players with they call him Football Club thriving later and this old Bobby Hill, Bobby Hill, we love the big Bubby. But now we'll move on to the Sydney versus Richmond game. This one was a little wet, a little wet, a little wet, but there was a bit of other liquid flowing on the day. That was Jack Reewat's head. Geez, Louis, what do you call claret here.
Speaker 3: Claire, which I don't I've never I've literally never heard of the term claret outside of footing.
Speaker 1: No, and it was spewing out of had It was a hell of a photo that was taken.
Speaker 2: So you went in and you had internal claret.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had external well over it external everywhere.
Speaker 2: But he was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I was in the marketing contest and I had to go back a couple of times and see what the hell happened. And it was a back elbow that he copped to the head and it was instant, blood, instant cut. Like some of it most of the time, it's you cop a knock as a slight delay, then blood starts. It was instant, so he must have hit something. And Jack after the game has this massive gash on his head and it's just stapled up. I don't know how they I don't know how you guys just quick staple me up. I got to get back out there. That's that's a ten to eight weeker from me. I'd be at home on the couch. I'd have a hot water, bottle of blanket. You wouldn't see me outside my house for weeks. I'd be texting Mum, bring us around some soup.
Speaker 2: I'm dying.
Speaker 3: I'm bloody dying over here to see me. Blood on my face. He was more blood than skin.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was a phenomenal like shot that you could see him coming off the ground and he looked like Frankenstein. After the staples put into his head and wished him all the best getting better. I saw him Sissy played again. He's all right, so it'll be good for the next week. But that's what it's like, phenomenal. It's just like, yeah, brush it off whatever. Just moved back out there.
Speaker 3: Literally, they go get me a staple gun and staple my head back together. I need to get back out there. It's nuts you had a bloody head earlier. This was funny because it was a while back because I gifted.
Speaker 2: But it was like.
Speaker 3: You went off and they're just giving you non stop stick on the commentary, It's like, come on, mate, it wasn't that bad.
Speaker 2: You got to get back out there.
Speaker 3: And it cuts to a shot of you looking right down the camera on the bench as they're like wrapping your head and you just had blood coming down your face.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, mate, you're big sissy.
Speaker 1: I do it was up first of all out here or something like that. I think it happened, and I remember the like I'd got hit in the head. You know, if you feel blood and it starts gushing, I tried to like stop it. I was like, yeah, I'm going to need to come off here. Because I'm not going to ruck with all you self reported on the ruck was like the was like, are you bleeding? I was like yeah, and I was like he's like, all right, you need to go off. So like I came off and I was trying to hold on that and it's just got you started gushing through my hand and everything else, and I was just like, this is going to be impossible to really keep keeping too uh yeah, and not be able to get this everywhere. And I got to the boundary and I remember like just you could feel it, just a gust all over your face and you're kind of just sitting there, and I remember on the contents you can't you can't tell the umpire you're bleeding, blah blah blah. And I'm like, well, you know, if I didn't have my hand there trying to cover up this huge wounded gash in my head, then it would just be spraying all over my face. So I think it'd be pretty obvious.
Speaker 3: It's easily the smartest thing to do in that situation, because it's like you're bleeding. If you you got to draw attention to it so you can get another ruck or someone to fill that position and stuff, So.
Speaker 2: It's smart play, smart place, smart play. It was so funny though, because it was just hilarious how they married it up at the time, because they're like this big sissy's going off the ground and you wouldn't have been able to see the camera because it was that far away, but you're like, look, looking dead down the barrel and blood's poorn down.
Speaker 1: I heard him personally well. Also in that game, Tom Papley, this man freaks we talked about, has twenty five touches.
Speaker 3: We talk about Jazz getting similar numbers, but Jess is six six and so it's one thing for him to do it because he's like this tall athletic, you know, God, But Tommy Papley's not an inch over five foot, is he.
Speaker 2: He's just a little fella and he's getting out there having he was taking overhead marks and he's five foot.
Speaker 1: He's kicked six He just twenty five touches, just people under and just says, I'll take the goal square to myself.
Speaker 2: There's not a better celebrated in the energy that comes. Oh Adelaides.
Speaker 1: Adelaides go to decent celebra and their team too, don't get me wrong, but pass is up there perhaps is up there with the celebration. We absolutely love it. I remember once actually talking about Tom Papley. He was, you're a house party. Whenever COVID happened, everyone go on that app house party. Somehow, Tom, halfway myself were on the same house party.
Speaker 2: It was wild. I was just sitting there and there's like two of their other syding pois.
Speaker 1: I was like, this has a bit weird. I was like, we're all bored, bored, shitless because we couldn't literally do anything. We couldn't leave our house, and our house party got like popular and I ended up on the same house party as Tom Paks.
Speaker 2: I think house party gives me like.
Speaker 3: Anxiety, like shell shock or something like. I get traumatized just hearing about it.
Speaker 2: And thinking about we're that so far out of my head.
Speaker 3: Shelley is the guy Ralle does a little like shadow. He did it again. He pulls it out every week.
Speaker 1: I think that like crowd loves it, including myself. We'll move on to the next game. We got Brisbane versus North. Brisbane dismantled North. We said North might have been flag favorites at the beginning of this year. I think we're maybe taking that comment back, I feel bad for.
Speaker 3: The people of Mount Barking cruising out to that game. They got the duck Franklin.
Speaker 2: Going and you imagine the sound of that. The crowd was just rowing.
Speaker 1: It's like, no, it's actually the duck frequency. We just turned it up. Needed to get him. You dissipated from the ground.
Speaker 3: Kept north away, but they were they were no good after halftime. To their credit, they were pretty competitive for the first half. Yeah, and then it just went real south, real quick, and they just piled it on. Dan Herb kicked a bag hip Wood four, Cameron four. Your old mate Steve o.
Speaker 1: Ot he kicked four. So any barrels from outside fifty or no bass?
Speaker 3: I reckon he was listening to last week's podcast, doesn't want to come another spray? Did you check out any of that game or maybe that's the one that you skipped for.
Speaker 2: The just missing.
Speaker 1: I don't think the streaming from Mount Barker was too great on the weekend, But now, in all honesty, it was cool to see the game out there. Like you said, it was kind of a makeshift oval that just came out of nowhere. It was kind of like a a music festival in the middle of a farm land and all of a sudden, like a week later, it's back to farming. Like, I think that's what Mount Barker's going to be. Who's playing next? What v?
Speaker 2: Bulldogs?
Speaker 3: And one thing, because they have the Adelaide Oval experience, you get to go sit on the roof and it was pissing down and they just cut to the shot of like ten people sitting up on the roof just getting drenched, just getting hammered. I'd be checking the bomb app and being like, if some thunderstorms coming this way, I'm getting the fuck off this roof because they were right out in the elements. That's good ticket if you won free tickets to that stuck. I would not if someone said, Hey, free tickets to sit in the piss and rain on top of a roof, Shove him up your ass.
Speaker 2: I don't fucking want those.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so I don't know if they had to pay for those, because that would be even worse. But one bloke that just keeps saving ports as Alira Leah lil so good in his name twice and he was just he touched another one on the line memo, it's me ripping it off the fact block him on the freaking line.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't you like the guy that could jomp higher than anyone else from the ground, Let's not learn lessons. Don't you love that they.
Speaker 1: Had to chase down not and let in the game? It was It's a desperate act, real late in the game that helped them get it over the line.
Speaker 2: But that's not the only head scratcher.
Speaker 3: Jason horn Francis gets the ball and gets booed at Adelaide ovals, and it's a real head scratcher because it's like, well, who's booing him? North fans aren't there, they're out of bloody, but Marker over licking their wounds, So who's sticking around just to boo this nineteen year old kid?
Speaker 2: It didn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: It's blows my mind that, yeah, well one, yes, the situation of like you like, Port fans should be the majority of fans there, you'd think, and it's a nineteen year old kid and he's playing for you. You probably want him to play better for the rest of the game. Therefore you probably shouldn't boo him. And it's just it's I mean, that's just any player really, And then you get into the whole thing, the fact that he's nineteen years old, which is just ridiculous in itself. I will say this about it, though, Ken Heinckley props to him after the game, embracing him, saying, look, you can have a bit of a struggle patch, but the fact that you finish the game and we're able to help us get across the line, it is a credit to you as a nineteen year old for the maturity you were able to show on the day. And credit can Hinklin. He said it after the game. He had made some comments around the treatment of Jason Horn Francis, and I think there's nothing better whenever you know you have the respect and love of a coach that's willing to back you in and show love and wrap his arms around you whenever you might be in a situation that you don't deserve.
Speaker 3: And yeah, they were super concise, strong words by the coach post game. Yeah, and it was just it was really good to see and it was nothing but truth bombs, because it was like you're like, like, whether you're a journalist writing articles about it, you're on TV like talking shit, or you're a fan you're booing him or you're giving him shit through social media. Look at yourself in the mirror because you're teeing off on a nineteen year old that chose to go home to his family. Like it was great by Ken Hinckley to defend his man, but it's like words that shouldn't have to be said. Yeah, exactly, but I'm glad he did say them. But you know, it's what do you saying? Like there's just idiots.
Speaker 2: Everywhere, stumbasses all over this world. Because ket Inkley was like, he's not a twenty eight year old, it's like, well, let's just not abuse anyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, like a twenty eight year old have more experience, I guess in that situation. But like for an eighteen nineteen year old kid who's like obviously young in his career, is going to be a guy and to get the criticism from a team or sorry, from a crowd that's like his whome crowd like just baffles.
Speaker 3: It reminds me of a few different instances like I reckon Jack Watts came in like a highly touted number one draft pick and was just up against it from daylight and he never got a chance to flourish. As like a player because you just have so much like of a burden on your shoulders that you like got to live up to your draft pick. You go to live up to your hype.
Speaker 2: People.
Speaker 3: As soon as you're not like this, you know, the next Chris Judd, Nathan Buckley, like Nick Dakos coming through at number one.
Speaker 1: Or Jamarrop this criticism. I mean, Nick probably would have been number one draft pick. I would think, Yeah, that draft obviously the father sign pulled him away from it. He's having a stellar year, don't get me wrong, but it seems like anyone that's dropped that drafted in the top five. If you're not an absolute gun by like round three, just getting the most disposals on ground, then everyone hates you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy. And but like the sad thing is like with a lot of those guys, it just carries through their whole career, like that expectation never dies off or goes away. So yeah, it's I hope.
Speaker 1: I mean Jamarro was being compared to Buddy. Yeah, before he played a game like give the Kid a Break, which.
Speaker 2: Likes the waist, and that's part of the reason why it took him so long to break into the senior side, because they knew as soon as they put him out there and all this pressure, if he didn't perform straight away, he was going to cop all this flax. So they have to look after him.
Speaker 3: Whereas like other players that you don't get drafted in the thirties or whatever, they go like, oh, great, you're ready to rock, get out there. If you have a bad game, like, we'll just make you play in the VFL until you get better. Like it's it's just different for these guys, and you your teammate Jack Ginovan going through the same stuff getting booed up in Sydney when he's like sitting on the bench injured, and it's just yeah, like these kids they get out there when they show some personality the situation.
Speaker 1: The issue I had with that was they went back to him on the bench after he boo the first time. There was Yeah, there was no need to go back to him after knowing that was a situation and knowing it would probably happen again. For a person who had been outside and said he had mental health issues to sit there and go a second time to really just dig the dagger in. That was the major issue I had with that, Like it's fine to sit there and put him on like broadcast if he's injured, and obviously it's a story, but to go back to him to try to get people essentially to boo him again, you need to be like, you need to know better than that. And that was my big issue with that. But the treatment of get event over you know that year and stuff like is something that's been well and truly documented. And yeah, maybe it's it's a learning experience for a lot of people in the media and the learning experience for people on social media to understand that it's not okay to do that.
Speaker 3: And yeah, it's still following him around today. But you know, I would it would be hard pressed to find someone that doesn't struggle mentally at some stage. Coppying so much abuse, so many dms, text messages, people in the street like just abusing them. It's it's nuts. So yeah, I don't know it needs to stop. But obviously we live in a pretty you know.
Speaker 1: Weird connected world where you somehow have accessed to everyone. Yeah, it's pretty nuts, But we'll move on to the next game. We got Geelong and West Coast Geelong cool. First two goals went to West Coast, Gelong came back thumped.
Speaker 2: Him though they had him there for a second.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Always said it last week Gelong would have a little bit of momentum coming out of that game and they smashed West Coast and they now have even more momentum. But there was one thing that happened to this game that's a big story out of it. And as Tyson Stengle has broken his wrist, I want to say, and he's going to be out for six eight weeks, which is a big loss for them.
Speaker 3: Which sucks because yeah, they were all having a great day out four and he could have filled his pockets. But yeah, it's sad to see he got crunched in the tackle and yeah he was actually struggling before that, so he had a bit of a day.
Speaker 2: He went through it a bit.
Speaker 3: But one other thing we got to touch on this just we just got to skim it because we talk about this bloke every week and like we get it. You're freaking good man, like Jaz Cameron four goals. He just kicked three in about thirty seconds and then it was like mane, let others have a go, Like let him have a go.
Speaker 2: He's going to win the Coleman and the Brownlow insane. He's a freak. If there was a week we didn't talk about it, it should have been this week. Four goals is poor.
Speaker 3: Four goals he kicked six and he kicked seven. Four is nothing. That's not even a bag nowadays.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, he's an absolute freaker. I've touched on him. Look, Jose, you keep doing your thing, all right, love it here at the podcast, just don't do it against us in Collingland, right, Jesse watches a watch. Well, next one we got g WS and Hawthorne. Now this might actually be game of the round, which is crazy, crazy, I think like two teams on the bottom of the ladder. You know this is the strife, but like haven't had the greatest start to their season, don't got me wrong. And it's a two point win for GWS and Old Hibbelburg. He is the savior, the Lord and savior of GWS. Old Hemmelberry's takes essentially Mark of the year, goes back sloughts the goal, the game winning goal, game winning goal, and you go, maybe you know he saved us. You know he's amazing, he's our you know, the perfect human to do He's take this this spectacular specky kicks the goal. What do you know? Hawthorne goes, you know what, We've got a chance here and they try to kick one from fifteen.
Speaker 2: Who is it? Hibbelberg again, he goes, I'll go.
Speaker 1: Into the ford fifteen and then I'll go back into the d fifteen all say the game after winning the game, and it takes a little punch. Essentially just acts like he's gonna mark the ball, touches it just the tip of his fingers, full stretch, full stretch like arched back, huge play touch. The ball goes over the line and essentially saves them from losing that game.
Speaker 3: You got to look at some of these because he's kind of in the same mold as like Jess Camera. He's a phenomenal footballer and they wish they had two of him because he's really good back. He's really good forward, same as Jez good field kick like super athletic. Yeah, so as players playing against a guy like that, you're probably like, how's a big guy so.
Speaker 2: Mobile and can do it all?
Speaker 3: Being himmers, surely you're looking around going can someone do something like I'm doing it all? Probably didn't have to take the screamer, didn't have to kick the match winner, didn't have to save it on the final line with the touch.
Speaker 2: Give us a chop out, fellas. But I've been watching a fair bit of.
Speaker 3: GWS this year, and like the ladder position doesn't reflect like the effort they're putting in. They have, like ever since the start of the season. They had that really hot game and then they got a whole bunch of injuries and cramping and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so like that game really.
Speaker 3: Like put him on the back foot for the next game where they were playing really well, and then like died out in the like late stages and they got more injuries, and then like their effort has been phenomenal and then it's just you know, they keep running out of people in the park every week.
Speaker 2: Because they're just so cooked. But yeah, so it's good to see him gonna win Hawks.
Speaker 3: I feel everyone knows that they're just they're going to go through it this year. They're going to develop, but they're they're putting in some great efforts too, so.
Speaker 1: They're not they're not laying down there, not laying down. And there is one injury unfortunately the other Hawks, Chad Winger got a lacerated tongue. I've never heard of this before, a lacerated tongue. So essentially he's split open his tongue. I don't even know how you do that, to be honest.
Speaker 2: Which I look at that and I I go, jeez, that's a real Mason Cocks injury. That that is a basic Cocks injury. Taking notes your tongue thought.
Speaker 1: I can imagine though, like lacerating your tongue, right, you have to probably sew that thing up or something. It is going to be smoothies for weeks for that man. Oh, that's going to be rough.
Speaker 3: I wonder how that happens if it's a whole like because it was like during a tackle or something. But it was pretty inochy.
Speaker 1: I was saying he might not have been wearing a mouth guard.
Speaker 3: That's my thoughts are, like, well, the only kind of way you can't really chew through your tongue if you've got a mouth guard in surely.
Speaker 1: Maybe through the bottom. She only wear a mouth guart on top.
Speaker 2: Interesting to make chick.
Speaker 1: Sucks for Chad. You're not a fan of injuries? Now, before we get into this, because the Collingwood versus saying killed the game we will cover here in a second, but I want to talk about another injury that's happened, and it's happened to an absolute legend of the sport, a guy that's probably played more games than anyone I ever thought could possibly play. That man Boomer, Harvey.
Speaker 2: Boomer being the keyword.
Speaker 1: It's about sixty's about sixty, probably still getting fifty touches a game.
Speaker 3: He's out there playing for North Heidelberg. I'm gonna say, but he's been playing with them for a while, and unfortunately we don't want to see it, but he broke his leg.
Speaker 2: Gruesome, pretty bad.
Speaker 3: The images of him holding this tetris piece of a leg. It's got this real kink in the middle. Not great, but you're like, all right, let's call an ambulance, get the old fellow to the hospital.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fifty minutes he had to wait. That is gruesome.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if they have a green whistle at local footy because you'd be sucking on that thing dry.
Speaker 3: A deep throat that whistle right down there. My legs snapped in thirty places. Where's the ambulance. It's like the ambulance. Vic came out and said because it's not a life threatening situation. Yeah, they were just cruising, no lights, just cruising out. They stopped, stopped it ever, stopped at the bakery pick up a scone.
Speaker 2: Scone.
Speaker 3: Well, poor Boomerharvey is there holding his shrapnel legs. It's pretty life threatening, mate as well.
Speaker 1: Like did just stop playing for fifty minutes?
Speaker 2: Fifty minutes?
Speaker 3: Well, they just kind of dragged his body to the sidelines. Oh I just look look terrible, just touching anything, broken legs, just just broken anything, just touching it and moving it and your bones grinding on bones, and.
Speaker 1: Maybe hey, maybe actually this is our other clanger of the week. Ambulance victorious sorts your shit out, get there.
Speaker 2: Maybe just you got lights, maybe just use the lights. Use them.
Speaker 1: It's like zero cop cars in this country. Like, just use them for ambulances whenever you need, actually to save someone's leg that's snapped in half.
Speaker 3: Maybe, Boomer, maybe you probably aren't a week off. You've been playing forty forty fifty years. Have a week off, have a have a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Have a bit of a rest.
Speaker 1: She's if he's injured under that?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we're roll down there.
Speaker 1: There you go We'll move on to the last couple of bits now calling the football club play sat Killers and it was a tough game. It was the number one team, Saint Kila. They've been on an absolute steam roll for the last few weeks since round one. They hadn't lost a game. They come up against the market Magpies and they almost came back, but luckily enough. For calling fans almost is not good enough. It looked dead and buried. Everyone was packing up their stuff.
Speaker 3: I could hear the broadcasts like going to the car and you know, like they kicked a goal with like a few minutes left and you know, no celebration.
Speaker 1: Was just like he was just dead pan, didn't care. Yeah, he was like, give me out of here, give me out of Adelaide. I don't need to gather anymore.
Speaker 2: Then they kicked one, kicked another one, kicked another one, and with it was like a minute ten left and they needed too and it was like, even that's pretty steep ask. And then they kicked another one with like in fifteen seconds or something.
Speaker 1: It was like fifty seconds left, and I was like, this is a six point game. After we thought, no, we don't. We never think it's already done, you know though it's not until the file of Siren, but I think a lot of people would probably packed their stuff up and left the stadium thinking that that game was done. And Saint Kilda came back said up, no, still a chance. And it also they won to the clearance and simply got into Ford fifty, so it was a chance of being able.
Speaker 2: To tie that game. They almost collingwooded. You.
Speaker 1: Oh, we had a strong fourth quarter like we always do, and they almost came back in the last dying minutes to try to even it up.
Speaker 2: And yes, as as always, Darcy Moore back there steadied the ship. But it was an exciting game.
Speaker 3: Let's get into it, and it was exciting from the very start with the two teams running through the joint banner thirty years on from nicky Win Mars iconic yeah jumper up pointing to his stomach.
Speaker 2: It was amazing.
Speaker 1: That's still so symbolic even today. You talked about Jamia earlier in the pod and him doing that again whenever he was playing recently and kicked a bag and it was it was awesome to see both teams come out with the statement earlier to say they apologized and then also for them to run through the banner together was a huge symbolic moment I think for the IFL and showing support to the Indigenous communities and everything that's happening as of recent and everything that's happened in the past. Like there's so much to learn, I think in this part of the world, in part of society, and I think these are steps that we need to take to be able to help educate people. And credit to Nicky because he came to the game, did the toss. Indigenous players came into the toss, Bobby Hill was in there with Ash Johnson, and it was a beautiful moment. Like I think for the IFL to do that, for Nicky to be a part of it, it's a sign that we're headed in the right direction. Are we there yet?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: There's still a lot to learn, but I think we're taking steps to a better future.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: And Bobby Hill wasn't he fantastic three goals. He's kicking him from everywhere, setting them up from everywhere, and he looked bloody good in his long sleep jumper sleeve jumpers.
Speaker 1: I need to those boys and a long sleeves. They won the game. I reckon an checkers and checks. Don't get me wrong, but I need to start wearing a long sleep. Maybe I get a bit of speed. If you wear a long sleeve jumper.
Speaker 2: What do you think is it?
Speaker 1: Maybe like you know, the AFL twenty three or whatever the game is. Maybe they can add a few stats on there from wearing a long sleeve jumper.
Speaker 3: Stick your pecks out a bit. Therefore, he looks strong.
Speaker 1: He looks strong a long sleeve jumper.
Speaker 2: It was tight and very.
Speaker 3: Three amigos up there, so Bobby, Jamie and Guinea all wearing the long sleeve little I don't know what you'd call him, mosquito fleet, the beuice.
Speaker 1: It just looks like beetlejuice. I feel like there jumper whenever you get the long sleeves and the hoop's kind of going all the way down the arm and black and white. It just looks like I can't get over it. It's beetlejuice to me.
Speaker 3: So let's jump into the game a bit deeper. Who do you have left? There's no one out there, there's no tools, there's no one over six foot.
Speaker 2: There's so what do we get?
Speaker 3: We got mix stay got injured, they were like looking at his hand, he just didn't look right. And then obviously late in the game we got Murph off with concussion protocol. Like, you're running out of talls. So I don't know who's gonna who plays back? If Frampton goes back, who plays ruck, if someone comes out of the forward line, who feels McStay or who's who you got?
Speaker 1: Well, I think we had Will hoskin Ellia playing the forward line. And at the end of the game someone goes, oh, it was great the talls Will hoskin Alley and I was like, if we got Will hoskin Elli is one of the tasst guys on the ground. We are struggling for big men. He's skinny getting out there, don't you're wrong, and he goes he goes well for our big years, but he's not considered a tall Probably in my book.
Speaker 2: Who's the tallest bloke out there now? Darcy Moore. Darcy Moore and Billy Frampton the top two. And you're not taking Darcy out of the back.
Speaker 1: In the mud. Don't drive, you drive you Ferrari's in the mud, all right, there's a there's gonna be a bit of swapping around this week again with a few injuries and hopefully Dan's all right, hopefully can play next week. I'm not really too sure kind of what happened with him their hand injury, I'm sure, but the concussion protocol might be the Murphy is out for Anzac day.
Speaker 2: So I have a massive because he was there. He was huge everywhere. Good.
Speaker 1: Well, Nathan Murphy underrated. I think we can all easily say that and agree Nathan Murphy one of the most underrated players in the league right now.
Speaker 3: Well, I would say that his improvement has been astronomical, which is part of the reason why he'd go underrated.
Speaker 2: But this season he's you know.
Speaker 1: He's dominating one on wines. He's just handball received to Nick day kosts about twenty of those today. Love that and his commitment, his commitment to just go and effect on every single chance he gets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he always comes off his man as quick as possible to try and like get to someone else and like, yeah, he was phenomenal.
Speaker 2: So it's yeah, it's a massive out. I guess. Yeah, we were talking about.
Speaker 3: Its kind of lucky that Essendon's forward line is not overly tall, because there might be an issue down.
Speaker 1: Back with with height Krugs. Krugs is playing in the VFL. Yeah he is so cruise on how he came back this week and he played. I'm not sure how he went yet, but the schnaggers on Cruz. He's a good man Kruz and he's come back from the shoulder injury, and yeah, he's an option if he's still healthy and go through the game today.
Speaker 3: He should have put a longer arm back on his body and get him out in the defense. Get that spoil action going. What are you kicking goals up for?
Speaker 2: We need you down.
Speaker 1: He can play multiple players, I'll tell you, Nathan Crew will play wherever the hell you put him.
Speaker 2: Now, Jack Ginnovan, Yes, Guiney.
Speaker 3: Now, Guinea was back and he warmed into the game. I reckon he You know, he looked like a guy that probably missed a bit of footy early, which is expected. But you know he came back and kicked that goal and won a celebration and all the boys got around him. Good to have him back in the team.
Speaker 1: It was good. He was smaller, I said, the small forwards really, you know, showed a lot this week and he was good to see Guinea back there, having smile and his face kicking snags and almost ripping his chopper off cheese. That was good. But he also had a funny moment where he was like, lead on the ground, here's a ball up, but he's looking at one of the killed the players for a little bit of health to get out. The same killer gives him donuts, absolute donuts chivalry. It was so funny and I was just like, that is just trolling one on one for Guinea.
Speaker 2: I love it. It was good. He really looked like he was expecting him to pick him up.
Speaker 1: It just sat there for like five seconds on the ground. It was kind of like myself in Scotland, just waiting for someone to get the ball. Real stand off there. But no, it was good to see Guinea back, good to see him going well, and yeah, help him all the best for him in the future. And we might have to have him playing as one of our key forwards at some point, who knows.
Speaker 3: So this was another thing that jumped out as weird and it goes into the my Ross line conspiracy fire you love this. So one Ross had a gatorade bottle in front of him in the box, so he got it through customs.
Speaker 2: I want to be a security at the airport.
Speaker 3: But for such a tight game, you go down by a kick cut to the box, you expect to see the coach just red with rage or he's just having a laugh, kicking her and slapping backs, just chilling russ Line probably.
Speaker 1: Just it just kind of it makes me out of love it because ross Line's pretty laid back dude. So it's on character it is now, but he never was. But I think he's taking this. It's just like a second opportunity in life to just see if he could coach a totally different way and if it works, and it is working, it is working. It is a crazy thing. But yeah, he was just kicking back, laughing. It just kind of makes me thought. I think back to like it was like two or three years ago or something where one of the players, you know, who's smiling after they had lost. I think it was a Melbourne player maybe, and the media just threw a fit about it, an absolute fit about it, and it was like these guys have probably played juniors together or something, you know, like come on, get over it, like the the siren's gone, you know, we're not punching each other. Anymore, like we're all kind of friends again, like we can all have a laugh or I have a bit of a joke, whoever it may be, if that comes about. But yeah, Ross Lyne was just having a bit of a laugh whenever his team literally almost came back in one. He just I think he's almost in disbelief in how many goals they kicked in the last corning. It was probably going, shit, why don't we play like that the whole game?
Speaker 2: It comes around once every year or every other year, tee off on players for like smiling or laughing or chatting with someone, which you normally go into the rooms, and if you go into the rooms, the rooms.
Speaker 3: Are flatters attack after a loss. It's a lot different to having a chat because you see a friend out on the on the field. But yeah, I don't know, it's it was a weird vibe by a Russ. But I love it, like I love this this resurgence, this this little Ross line comeback.
Speaker 2: It's a glow up. It's a glow up. But yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: I was keeping an eye on your gatorade bottle there, so you don't don't think I haven't been seeing it. I'm onto you buddy, So Saint Kilda, I guess in a way proves that they're legit. In my eyes, they're like they had question marks around them because they were undefeated. But it's like, yeah against who coming up against Collingwood, neutral ground, yep, and it was tight one kick in it. I think I think everyone can fairly say that they're you know, they're definitely in the hunt and legit. And another team that has kind of crossed over into that is Essendon the coming out and just flog in Melbourne, who everyone says is like right up there as a contender for the premiership. Essenon just smashed and so it was it's gonna be a massive game. Anzac Day always big regardless, both teams always get up regardless, but both teams are flying at the moment, and it's gonna be such a good game.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be insane. Like it's always great when you got the big clubs, big supporter base, big games playing between them. I think that's what everyone wants. Like obviously Anzac Day every single year sellout. But then whenever teams are both really good, the energy goes to another level because there's so much more on the line.
Speaker 2: Well, the wins and loss actually matter.
Speaker 3: Like it's different because most people look at the fixture and if you can you see you've got Carlton twice or Essendon twice. If you win both of those games and like lose all the rest, you're like, well, at least we got it over there.
Speaker 1: I couldn't tell you. Whenever we're having the rough years, people go.
Speaker 2: As long as you beat Carlton, that's all that matters, exactly.
Speaker 3: And this is, Yeah, it's gonna be so crazy because it's been such a long time. Both teams are up the top end of the ladder together and it's Yeah, normally it's one team trying to ruin it for the other team, but this time it's like both teams really want to win. It's going to really like count in terms of how the season pans out. So I cannot wait for this. Unfortunately, you'll be sitting in the stands. I guess what are you going to be doing for.
Speaker 1: I'll get a doctor's point on Thursday and then a bit of a scan on Monday, but I don't.
Speaker 2: Hey, if that scare goes real well, there's.
Speaker 3: A little bit of a rumor I might be able to play I'll be like, oh, you've actually you've grown an extra sued.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't believe it. You wouldn't believe it.
Speaker 1: It is gonna be interesting though, because Sam Draper and Andrew Phillips two ruckmen playing together. Too bloody good football club straight out of ruckman Billy fram is doing well on there, don't get me wrong, but don't really have too many true ruckmen just rolling around the club at the moment. And yeah, it's gonna be interesting. Obviously two playing together being quite tall, and then Nathan Murphy probably coming out with the concussion protocol. It's gonna be Uh, we're gonna have to really try to make up for the fact that they've got the height on their side.
Speaker 3: Coming up this week, I reckon just just getting their heads play a small in their extra midfielder. Don't contest any rock just be there ready to just crunch blurks and win wind taps and hopefully Gordoday Hughey comes back straight in after his illness.
Speaker 2: Big Big Jordan run around the park probably helps.
Speaker 1: You missed him a bit this way. Yeah, well he's a bull in the metal.
Speaker 2: You've been playing some bloody good foots all what happened with that he had an illness illness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these things happen, like especially whenever you're traveling and you know, we don't fly private jets unfortunately, Braden, so we are around the public and things can go to get spread in the public. You know, there's a capsule you're flying over and who.
Speaker 2: Knows what hows what? So so you're blaming public flights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, if the AFL want to start playing for private jets again like we were in Covid, I'm happy to go about that, and I can guarantee you that will never happen with their stingy ass.
Speaker 3: So he wasn't out the wineries testing some of this charez that I didn't stop hearing about all bloody week. It sounds like Adelaide has nothing except for wineries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the promo that I got from every economy of Adelaide. You say, hey, what what can I do in Adelade?
Speaker 3: It's like you like wine, you better say yes, otherwise don't go to Adelaide.
Speaker 1: The City of Church is a place that like it's called the city of Churches, yet no one in this country goes to church.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everyone just goes to get pissed by the sounds of it.
Speaker 3: But anyway, I don't plenty of liquid for the Blood of Christ, but I'm looking forward to this. Did you ever go to the ANZAC like the Dawn service?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I went my first year I've been to I think the one hundred and twenty fifth anniversary. I was there at that one too, which is pretty cool. It was one hundred and twenty fifth, one hundred, one hundredth anniversary. Yeah, that was really cool and yeah, that's what was one hundredth anniversary. Went to that ANZAC one was just pretty cool, pretty like I don't know that I went there at the actual memorial and the dawn service. There was like one hundred thousand plus people there. It was phenomenal, like a real kind of like moving experience, I don't know. And that many people getting up that early to show respect in that way was really cool. Now, the game obviously is not the main thing on the day, like we all, you know, obviously, the big event is actually honoring the ANZACs that have given them, you know, given their life or been in the situation where they might have you know, gone to war whatever it may be, or been enlisted. And yeah, the game is just something that's cool that we can bring attention to the day and how important it is. And one thing that's also pretty cool is the anzac Eve match. Even that kind of preps into that, you know where they have the nighttime and the fire and then you know them the Black mcg that's like all the lifestyles. It's so cool, man Like, it makes me think we've been saying this on the pod when an't we moving a Grand Final to the night game?
Speaker 2: The entertainment is so much better at night. You don't get it, mess, I know you don't get it.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to sit here and be a futuristic person, get rid of the center bouts. Future can't do it all right? Who the Grand Final at night? Entertainment value through the roof?
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is the main argument of normal.
Speaker 1: People, right, normal people, Yeah, not futuristic people.
Speaker 3: We've known it forever. It's embedded in our soul. The daytime Grand Final, and you know what the entertainment is, the freaking Grand Final. It's not fucking Delta Gudram coming and playing a song. It's not you know, dusting off Jet to come out and play their five hits.
Speaker 2: That they made twenty years ago.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna get you know, Drake coming out to play the night Grand Final because he doesn't give a shit about footy. The Grand Final is the entertainment and it's best played during the day and then you can go and get hammered drunk at night. No, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: I know the real reason, Braden, and you might not want to admit it, but you just want to excuse to start drinking beers at ten am.
Speaker 2: That's the only reason you want to keep the midday game.
Speaker 3: When they had the ninth game during the lockdown, I still kept drinking beers at ten am.
Speaker 2: But it's like, when are they going to start this thing? Because I can't.
Speaker 3: I look at the time on my watch and realize that I don't have a watch, and that's how drunk I am.
Speaker 2: They're so you couldn't read it.
Speaker 3: I just put it on this start this bloody thing, and I think I remember the first quarter or whatever, Dusty had like a million touches and it was over.
Speaker 1: I was like, well, that was fun watching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great viewing, that's my mate. Is what happened for the rest tomorrow? Oh, it's going to be a big week.
Speaker 1: Next week, it's going to be a massive, massive week in the footy world and credit to the IFL and the gather around what a success it was. I had some real question marks when of I heard the initial idea, but Adelaida has showed up and showed out. They've quote unquote sold out the week of games and it's a credit to him there. So I did it so well. The AFL is willing to do it for another three years there and then they're going to move it somewhere else. So it's pretty amazing well done, Adelai.
Speaker 2: Credit to you.
Speaker 1: Shout out for the week going to the Adelaide or South Australia. We won't just call it Audelaie because we got a shout out Mountain Barker up there.
Speaker 2: I know what your questions about the weekend? Well, where's mine? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Cash, I know the AFL definitely got some cash from South Australia. There's no doubt about that.
Speaker 2: You played one less practice game, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Then they're adding another game onto the season. Can be a real question mark as far as whether or not we keep an extra game in next year or we essentially take one game out and add in there.
Speaker 2: Can you take out one preseason game. You put in thegether around by being about a boom mate.
Speaker 1: Done. It's still we're still playing two preseason games. We're just not having to televise every single one.
Speaker 2: Brandon, that doesn't count. It's not on TV. It didn't happen.
Speaker 1: Geez, I'm telling you right now, it definitely did happen.
Speaker 2: But that's it for the podcast Legends. That's the sporting segment.
Speaker 1: Everyone, Thanks so much for tuning in, Thanks so much for following along whenever we're doing the live.
Speaker 2: Watch of the game. Eight thousand followers on Instagram eight thousand followers. Well that, yeah, that's just on instagrac TikTok.
Speaker 1: We're big on TikTok, massive on TikTok because the kids love it.
Speaker 2: Clank.
Speaker 1: The other day, lots of kids coming out to me saying I love the TikTok.
Speaker 2: Which concerned the shit out of me.
Speaker 1: Yes, concerned the hell out of me too. I was real worried about that. I was like, you have to start beeping out some words. The kids are like ten years old.
Speaker 3: I hope they don't get served up what we're you know, over eighteen, they should get served that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, what was the first headline. Lloyd denied by loose flaps. Yes, that's everyone out there. Get your flap check done.
Speaker 1: Everyone, Thanks so much for tuning in. Absolutely I want to say massive thank you for being a part of the community. Absolute legends. Your support, you're sharing and everything else with friends and family and everything else means the world to us. So a massive, massive thank you. Keep doing it. We're doing some incredible things this month coming out, some amazing interviews that will come out.
Speaker 2: We have a big one tomorrow that were released the day after this big interview coming out. This man is an absolute legend. You could say it'll be a big hit. Oh that's a.
Speaker 1: Little sneak preview HL Superstar. He's got a statue outside of Crypto Arena. Yes, we're the LA Lakers play and also where the LA Kings play, where this man played for a long time. He's an absolute legend. He's got some great stories from the Olympics to being a professional athlete, to playing for the same team for eighteen straight seasons games.
Speaker 2: Oh, that is a lot.
Speaker 1: In NHL standards, we talk about fights, we talk about hits, we talk about all the big sticks.
Speaker 2: That happens Kendall's gonna hit a thausand yeah, but Dustin Brown is who we are getting on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Not Pendles Fiddles maybe next year, but Dustin Brown's gonna be a massive, massive kits So you have to tune in, subscribe, make sure you do not miss that one.
Speaker 2: It is a great chat. So without further ado, we'll wrap this up.
Speaker 1: Thank you everyone for listening to the Sports Podcast, and once again, check out the Dustin Brown episode coming out next week after this one. It's gonna be great.
Speaker 2: Enjoy the week that is, and we will speak to you soon. Prays up to Booma