Speaker 1: Hello, my name's Santasha Nabananga Bamblet. I'm a proud Order Order Kerney Whalbury and a waddery woman. And before we get started on She's on the Money podcast, I would like to acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land of which this podcast is recorded on a wondery country, acknowledging the elders, the ancestors and the next generation coming through as this podcast is about connecting, empowering, knowledge sharing and the storytelling of you to make a difference for today and lasting impact for tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Let's get into it.
Speaker 3: She's on the Money, She's on the Money.
Speaker 4: Hello, and welcome to She's on the Money, the podcast for millennials who want financial freedom. Do you ever spend hours and hours of researching the perfect shares and ETFs but then freeze and never actually invest?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: I know, I certainly don't. But have you gone down a rabbit hole of comparing all your insurance options to get a better deal? Just be overwhelmed and stick with what you've got? That actually I can relate to. But what about when you spend so much time stressing over all the little details of your trip away that you kick yourself because the price goes up because you've waited too long. If you answer yes to any of those questions, then it's likely that you've fallen victim to analysis paralysis, a phenomenon that's holding you back from moving forward and can even be costing you money. Oh my goodness, this is so relatable. Beads on her favorite topics. I'm begsited and joining me today for what I know is going to be a very empowering chat. Is the person you want on your team when it comes to all things finance and behavioral psychology. Victoria Divine, Divine.
Speaker 2: She's shaken up the intro. I'm proud of you. I love where you're going with this absolute sleigh.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much so, Vie. I guess like for anyone who isn't familiar, let's start by outlining exactly what analysis paralysis is.
Speaker 2: It's a really nice term because it rhymes that just flows. It makes it easy to rememberke sense. Yeah, I like it. I also feel like we talk about it a lot on the podcast, but we haven't done a full episode on it, So now is it's time to shine. So analysis paralysis is a state of overthinking or over analyzing a situation to the point where a decision it's never made, essentially paralyzing the decision making process. The phenomenon occurs when you become so overwhelmed by the potential outcomes, the amount of available information, or the fear of making the wrong choice, that you're unable to make any decision at all. And as I've said before, Beck, not making a decision is actually making a decision in itself, So we really need to address analysis paralysis and not bury our heads in the sand. Was a study done in the US, because that seems to be where the most studies come out of best believe, I'm always trying to find Australian studies, but alas, everything's bigger in Texas, as they say. But it was known as the jam jar study, which sounds kind of cute, where psychologists Sheena Inger and Mark Lepper showed how too many options can overroil us. No shit, Sherlock. But in a supermarket they set up two tables, one with twenty four different jars of jam and one with just six. The results about thirty shoppers picked a jar from the limited options, while only three percent picked from the larger variety, so shoppers, Beck were ten times more likely to make a purchase when they were faced with fewer options.
Speaker 4: It's a while to think about because I feel like when we are if I was decided business, for example, and I wouldn't like, you know, maybe sell jams as exactly like this experiment, I would be like, oh, I have as many options as possible because people love different things. But it turns out it really does.
Speaker 2: It's so interesting, right. There's also another study that was actually done in Australia, not so research backed, but it was about a coke can vending machine. Right, So they had a coke can vending machine and they put it on a train station platform, and like, if you owned that vending machine, Beck, you'd be pretty annoyed if you then found out that PEPSI had put a vending machine beside yours, wouldn't clever? You'd be like, well, clever, but also really annoying because Node exactly, but it actually increased sales of both. Why you might ask Beck, because while not analysis paralysis, it's just really interesting, I think Beck, The question for the consumer went from do I buy a coke or not? To do I buy a coke or do I buy a PEPSI M.
Speaker 4: That makes so much sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, so it's interesting to talk about I guess consumer psychology and this is what that plays in. To give people less options and they're more likely to make a decision, overwhelm them with too many options and they'll just go this is all too hard. I am going home.
Speaker 4: That's really really interesting. It does make sense. But I want to touch on this because you have a background in behavioral psychology, so a.
Speaker 2: Little bits of a nerd you are correct.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so do you kind of like know why this happened?
Speaker 2: Yes, I do, and I feel like I've just started explaining it before you even asked me, So good prompting, Beck. But humans are naturally wired to avoid risk, Beck, I've spoken about this before. Like remember, way back in the caveman times, it was all about survival of the fittest, So I don't really Yeah, like we were both there, so we really don't want to take on unnecessary risk and a lot of us still have that hardwired into us.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Behavior is rooted in evolutionary psychology. This inclination. It's linked to our survival instincts, where avoiding potential dangers meant that we were more likely to survive and therefore reduce, which is obviously the most important thing in the entire world, Beck, our reproductive abilities, especially as.
Speaker 4: Women, exactly as women, and especially for the queer community, It's most important thing is that you reproduce.
Speaker 2: I have heard, Beck that you've been trying very hard to but not being successful yet. Yeah, that's a conversation for another day.
Speaker 4: That's a that it's conversation for another day. I'm so sorry to get.
Speaker 2: I watched Mean Girls and I heard that if you have sex, you will get pregnant and you will die. And you've been basically risking it for the biscuit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, and nothing's happened yet. So I mean, I guess we just gotta keep we gotta get trying, lucky.
Speaker 2: This isn't a podcast about sex because we've known literally nothing anyway. Segueing back to the actual conversation, Beck.
Speaker 4: Great Calvy. So, I guess like the majority of our listeners are, of course millennials, but high to those who do not fit in that category as well. Research shows us that our gen is particularly vulnerable to analysis prolysis, And I mean, like I do have suchies.
Speaker 2: Why I want to know your theories before I get into it. I'm sure, of course I do. I mean from the woman who has been trying to get pregnant with another woman, I just feel like this is going to be enlightening at best.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, you can tell that I'm extremely bright, the sharpest tool in the shed, they say. But I guess, like for me, I'm thinking that if you were born maybe in the older generation, you didn't have to you know, I'm kind of like really zooming out here, but you didn't have to pay for education. Houses were a lot cheaper, like I don't know, millennials and younger, and I'm sure you know this goes for everyone. There's a lot of people that would be struggling with finances. But for us, it kind of feels like we don't have a lot of the flexibility. We don't have that safety blanket of just being like I'm not gonna think about this one. I'm just gonna go for it and see what happens. We actually sometimes can't do that because we might literally not survive. So I guess that's why maybe it's more prominent in our generation. But I do want to ask you, what is it about our generation that makes us more susceptible.
Speaker 2: So I think you're right, Like zooming out is really helpful if we look back historically, like even the way that my parents made decisions, which wasn't that long ago when they were you know, our age, making decisions about things. If they were purchasing their first home, they weren't able to jump online and do a heap of research and do a market analysis. They were asking their parents and their friends for advice. And I feel like the same is true, Like at the moment there's a conversation online, particularly on TikTok as you know, a victim of the algorithm, I basically live there. Now. It's information overload and there's so much weight that we carry on our shoulders. And when it comes to even news, I feel like today, Beck, you and I are so well educated, and I'm so grateful for that privilege, but we're so well educated of what's going on in the world that the older demographic is actually really struggling with this because you know, if we think about our grandparents, people in their eighties, they are used to this amount of information overload. Like if I look back and look at my grandparents, right, like Mi Nan and Pop, they grew up in a world where they were in Tasmania. They were on a tiny island off the ghost of Australia. They were sheep farmers and they also farmed poppies. That's what they knew. Like, they didn't have a lot of outside influence, and when they did it was the local paper. And what does the local paper feature? Local news? So the worst things that could happen to them were really based in Australia. And even though the news stories internationally were massive and you know, terrifying and honestly some of the things happening were just as bad as the things that are happening today, they went privy to them. So now that they are being overloaded by this information, lots of them are experiencing significant levels of distress because of this information overload. Right, and in today's digital world that you and I have arguably grown up in, we constantly bombarded with endless streams of information and choice, whether that's about world news or beck buying your first home, or which savings account is the best savings account or you know which ETF do I purchase? I mean, you've got analysis paralysis. Just the other day when you were downloading chasis. You downloaded and you're like, this is simple, and then you're like, wait, what do I invest in? And I think that that happens to all of us. The mental load of our modern lifestyles. It demands we juggle numerous responsibilities and decisions, which leads to cognitive overload. And this state of being overwhelmed can cause decision fatigue, which is over it where the sheer volume of decisions becomes mentally exhausting. As millennial women, you and I, Beck, we often face high expectations for success and fulfillment, which can then lead to heightened anxiety over making the right choice for our future. We also experience fomo like never before, because Beck, if my parents' friends went out, they heard about it the next time they caught up with their friends, and by that stage, which they're probably forgetting what had happened. If I don't go out with my mates, I see it on Instagram, I see what they ate ten minutes after they ate it, or even, let's be honest, back before they even got to try it, because they took the photo to post before they actually dived in. But we get fomo at a level that's never been experienced before. And we are consistently worried about making the wrong decision, which can paralyze us into inaction.
Speaker 4: That actually makes a lot of sense. So V, how does this impact our finances?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 2: Significantly. Look, it might not be the biggest deal. Like how I experienced last night, my husband and I could not pick what we wanted to watch on Netflix. Analysis proalysis, too many options. We ended up going with a show that we'd already seen. But analysis paralysis in financial decision making can actually cost you a lot of money. This is known as opportunity cost. You need to think about what you were actually risking by not taking any risk at all. Let's take investing for example, Beck, because it is my favorite topic ever. You know you want to invest, but you're trapped in analysis paralysis. You're trying to figure out where to put your money. You know that you want to invest, you know that you have some money to invest. Maybe you've already picked a platform. This is literally you Beck in a nutshell, but you're stuck comparing the different fees of maybe the different platforms if you haven't picked one yet. Meanwhile, the clock is ticking and then suddenly it's six months later and you still haven't started. Suddenly it's three years later and you haven't invested a dollar. Every moment of indecision means that you're missing out on potential money in your pocket, as your investment could have been compounding over this time. And we know on average, money compounds every seven years. So Beck, the amount of decisions I've put off for that period of time is wild.
Speaker 4: I know, and I know this isn't the same, but I was just thinking, as you're saying that that, like I really wouldn't find your phone, and I know it's not smart. I know it's not wise because my phone works.
Speaker 2: On my doesn't I actually need a new phone?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: This so this is a good example. Tell me more so.
Speaker 4: Last week the Google Pixel eight pro was on special. It was like seven hundred dollars cheaper than it usually is.
Speaker 2: I forgot that you were a non iPhone girly.
Speaker 4: I'm not an iPhone girly. I do love my Google Pixels. And then I was like, oh, sick, Like it's a thousand bucks. Let me just think about it for like a few days.
Speaker 2: That's so much money back, it's so much money. It's so much money. But I was like, oh, it's so much cheaper than usual. I might, yeah, I'll probably buy it, but let me just like sit on it and get my finances in order. And then I went to buy it and it was just as special for a week and it's gone back to regular price. And so so I used to This is a side conversation if something was discounted and the discount was motivating you to purchase it, beck huh, and then it isn't discounted anymore, and you somehow don't need the item. Did you really need the item to begin with?
Speaker 4: Well, that's you're so right, Victoria.
Speaker 2: You're like, that's not what this episode is about, Victoria Devine.
Speaker 4: No, that's true. Well I'm gonna buy it any way. That's the problem.
Speaker 2: So you did need the item?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 2: Okay for me?
Speaker 4: So anyway, that's my story on analysis paralysis. Let me hear what you've got if you have anything.
Speaker 2: I feel like I get analysis paralysis over so much like even analysis paralysis. This is probably a bougier purchase, but my wedding dress. So like I didn't want to spend heaps of money on my wedding dress. Spoiler, I did, but I didn't at the start, and I was like, you know what I'll do, Like I'll buy a second hand dress off Still White, because you know, wedding dresses are exorbitant, like they're so expensive, and it didn't make any sense to me. Anyway, went back and forth and back and forth, and I ended up buying a dress off Still White, so a secondhand wedding dress, and I thought this is perfect because let's be honest, the dresses would warm once. Like people aren't wearing these dresses and then selling them because they've worn them for a year and they're over it and it's out of they're wardrobe. They wore it for their special day, and honestly, most brides wear their dresses for a max of like six hours before they change. Anyway, back to the story at hand, I bought one basically shotgunk because I started to get worried that I was going to miss out on it, and I purchased it and then it didn't fit my body properly, and I thought, all right, well, maybe I'll go on a diet, maybe I'll do all of this other stuff to fit in the dress. Turns out that's a terrible idea. I was like, come to my senses. I was like, why am I dieting for a wedding? Like that is not who I am at my core, absolutely not. I do not want this. So then I put off for ages what I would do because I was like, I feel like I've now wasted money on this secondhand dress. Yes, I did relist it to try and sell it, but like, what do I do now? Beck Anyway, analysis prolysis ended with me having to spend even more on my dress because I'd left it so late. And it turns out that you needed to have like a long period of time for your wedding dress to be made, so I had to be on like a shorter timeframe, which is more expensive. And anyway, it was a lot and I ended up wasting a lot of money getting to my dream wedding dress. I don't regret it for a second because I'm in love with that dress and no, I will not be selling it. But ah, analysis paralysis in that circumstance cost me a lot because I feel like I was throwing good money after bad even though it wasn't. And if I had just got myself together and worked out what I actually wanted instead of putting it off and putting it off, I wouldn't have spent nearly as much as what I actually did. Yes, let's get back on track. Yes, because I feel like both of us have suffered with analysis paralysis. We now know what it is, and I'm going to arm you today with a toolkit full of mindset shifts and actionable tips to be able to push through that analysis paralysis and get your decision making Mojo Jojo back.
Speaker 4: That sounds really juicy, so I had to have a really quick break before we jump into that. Don't go anywhere, guys, Welcome back everyone. We are chatting about analysis paralysis. V I'm dying to know how to get myself out of the dreaded loop of indecision.
Speaker 2: All right, Beck, this is going to come as absolutely no surprise, but you all, oh no. I am a big mindset girly, So I think we should start with three shifts in your thinking that you can make to help you get unstuck. First things first, Now, this one is going to be hard for our perfectionists out there, But firstly, what you need to do is embrace the imperfection. Once you realize that there is no such thing as the perfect decision. Aiming for good enough is often, honestly the best approach you've heard, the saying before Beck, done is better than perfect. There's books called done is better than perfect, like they're onto something. The next thing I want you to consider, And another key mindset change is to accept uncertainty. Not all variables can be controlled, and that's actually okay, Beck. Making a decision despite uncertainty is how we grow and how new opportunities arise for us. And then finally, there's never gonna be a perfect time if you're waiting for all your worries to disappear or you to be in the absolute perfect position to do make a move now, otherwise you're going to be waiting forever. Beg how many times do you say to yourself, I'll just do it once I xyzm oh my gosh, Beck, I'm going to start saving once I earn more money, like years real, that's not going to happen. Lifestyle creep's going to get you because you already have your head in the sand.
Speaker 4: That's so true. And then you think about like when you were a year younger or two years younger, and you still say the same thing. And honestly, like some people literally can't save and invest in all these other things. But I totally get that. But if you have the capacity to, you'd rather be you know, for example, I'm going to be thirty five eventually. I'd rather be thirty five with like an extra two hundred bucks of savings than yes, you know exactly so going to get there eventually, but it may as well have a little bit of a surplus, you know.
Speaker 2: And I feel like we're all guilty of it, right And my favorite time of the year to be reminded that analysis paralysis strikes us all these New years when you're like, should I set any New Years resolutions?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Because I don't do them?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep, yeah, yeah, it's a real reminder. It's a bit dire, Yeah, unfortunately, but yeah, I think so that makes sense. Like I feel like those mindset shifts really would feel quite empowering and freeing. But what about when it actually comes to making a decision?
Speaker 2: You know, me, I am if nothing predictable. I love a good goal setting session. We've got one coming up. Vis's on the money soon, not for the audience, but for you and I were going to sit down and set some goals, which is going to be slay, but you know that I never jump into a decision without setting some clear goals and working out what is important to me. I feel like goal setting is like breaking down the big task that feels overwhelming so that it can be like small bite sized pieces. And if they're not pieces that you feel like you can buy it because they're still too big, break them down even further, like tiny steps are still steps in the right direction, And I think that's really important to remember. The next is I really like a deadline. I work really well under pressure. In fact, if I do not have a timeline, things do happens. So give yourself a really specific time frame to decide. Like when you look at a menu and can't decide between having the parts that are or the pizza, give yourself until the weight it gets back to you and then you're forced to make a decision. I feel like that's how I always make menu decisions. Back Like I'm a really last minute I can't make a decision like a brunch on like French toast eggs, Oh my god, they've got pancakes, French toast eggs, pancakes, And then the way there comes in, I'm like, I'll just have a piece of toast. Thanks, Like, I just can't make a decision, and then I default back to what I always order.
Speaker 4: It's usually the wrong life I'm not trying.
Speaker 2: To it, and then I get bomoyah. I mean, it's probably a really good place to start and practice our decision making because let's be honest, investing can be overwhelming and money decisions can be overwhelming. Like let's start small. Let's start reading the menu and have an answer for the waiter by the time they get back. Yeah, that sounds small, but that's big for me totally.
Speaker 4: And I feel like, yeah, if you start there, like that's pretty inconsequential, Like you can't really have that too wrong. So practice, practice, practice exactly.
Speaker 2: Practice makes perfect, and setting a deadline is going to help you from overthinking and just keep things moving the way. It doesn't need to go away for another couple of minutes for you to make a decision that's going to be the same decision you were going to make at that point in time, Like just order the food, you know what I mean, I feel it's deep, it's really deep, guys. Then what I want you to do, and this is where analysis paralysis really sets in right, and that's I want you to do your research, but put a limit on it. So to really stop the information overwhelm, I need you to limit two things, so the amount of time that you're going to allow for research, and then the amount of sources you are going to use. So I like this because then it feels like a university project or like a school project. Right, like beck, you have five hundred words and you can use three references like right. I think that that means that it feels a little bit more structured. You feel like you're doing your due diligence. But getting started and actually getting some skin in the game is going to be the best research. And I think that that's what we want to get too faster. They're putting my psychology hat back on. A law in psychology known as Hicks law actually tells us the more choices we have, the longer it takes to choose due to the increased cognitive load of processing of each option. And do you know what that leads to? What? Not actually even making better decisions of course, of course, which is kind of since the toast. Yeah, hence the toe I love toast.
Speaker 4: That case.
Speaker 2: Honestly, my default option at brunch, if you should care, is actually two poached eggs on buttered toast, because there's nothing worse than a cafe bringing out your eggs on toast with no butter. Like, be for real, who's ordering eggs on toast with no butter?
Speaker 1: Beck?
Speaker 4: Yeah's so true? That order will stay with me forever. Do you like them runny or hard?
Speaker 2: Just like normal poached eggs? Runny like? If they're hard, like, that's actually quite illegal. Yeah. So ultimately you want to be informed back, but not overwhelmed, because that actually doesn't help anybody, and you don't need to know absolutely everything on the topic to make a good decision. And if you're listening to this, yes I I am, in fact talking to you the person who over analyzes absolutely everything and still goes, oh my gosh. But there's still so much to learn about investing thee You're right, there is. I'm even still learning. But that doesn't mean that you stop yourself from getting started.
Speaker 4: Exactly. You can learn on the journey. It's never too late to learn, and it's never too early to start. All right, I think that I've summarized this whole thing and we're done. But no, I'm off, Queen, thank you so much. V. I want to know what about when you're comparing differences?
Speaker 2: All right, So when I'm trying to compare difference as often, I make a spreadsheet. I'm so for those of you interested, recently, I traveled to Europe. This is a little bit of a flex to remind you that I got to go to Europe this summer. But also I made a spreadsheet comparing the pros and cons of different travel prams for Harvey. And that's who I am at my core. I know that not everybody is like that. But what I do that you could do is I work out what's important to me and then prioritize them in order of importance. So if we were talking about investing for exams, Beck, I could sit down and go, well, what's the list, Like what's important to me? Like I'd say, Beck, you want to invest? Yeah? And you go yeah, Well what's important? Is it important for you to have ultimate control over your shares? Is it important that you have direct shares over ETFs? And you might go no, okay, is it important that you're an ethical investor? Yes? Or no? Like these are so easy to answer. We're not trying to do deep amounts of research. But then what I want to do is create a pros and cons list. It's classic, right, but it's a really effective way to visualize your options and then consider the worst case scenarios. There is a book called What is the Worst Thing That Never Happened?
Speaker 1: To You?
Speaker 4: That's powerful.
Speaker 2: It's because so often we consider the worst case scenarios and then get anxiety from these worst case scenarios, and ultimately most of these things never actually happen. Sometimes knowing the worst that can happen can actually make the decision easier as well. Like, Beck, what's the worst thing that could happen? You lose money? Okay, what's your initial investment? Like Beck, let's pick one, all right, So let's pretend it's fifty dollars. To me, fifty dollars is not a trivial amount of money. It is a significant amount. Yeah, and you would agree, I think.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: So when it comes to this fifty dollars, if we invested that, Beck, and then oh my gosh, you lost it all, is that actually the worst thing to ever happen.
Speaker 4: Not to ever happen.
Speaker 2: That's true exactly. So, like let's try and contextualize this, and if putting fifty dollars into the share market and losing it is going to be the worst thing that ever happened, I think we need to strip back. I think we need to go back to our financial house and create an emergency fund and do our budget and do our cash flow. And I would say that maybe you're not ready to invest, because if losing fifty dollars is the worst ever and it's going to impact your financial life significantly, we need to reassess our goals, right. I then also always talk to independent experts, get their advice, financial advisors, mortgage brokers. They can be in value all sources of information. Literally, it's their job to know everything that you don't about that topic. So take advantage of it and it might lighten your mental load. And then beck, if you're really struggling to choose, do you know what I'm going to say.
Speaker 4: I have a feeling?
Speaker 2: Is it when in doubt zoom out?
Speaker 4: Yes, ask yourself.
Speaker 2: If the small differences that you're stressing over right now actually what really matters in the long term, Like spoiler, they probably don't matter. Yeah, that's so true, And that's not to invalidate it. But ultimately, yes, is it going to change the trajectory of your entire life? Probably not if you pick the wrong ETF today, Beck, do you know what you can do? You can invest in it for a little while and then change your investment a little down the track. It's really easy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like, it's not the end of the world. Sure, sure, sure, Okay, So let's say hypothetically we've come to a decision. What's next.
Speaker 2: So once we've made a decision, this is the hard part. We have to take action. How many times do we say to ourselves we've made a decision and then we're like, we actually haven't made a decision because we don't want to action it. Yeah, We're like, oh yeah, no, no, I've decided I'm getting the red one mm hmm. Have you ordered the red one back? No? No, no? And then all right, well why don't you order it right now? And then you go, oh my god, but they've also got blue? Do you reckon? I should change to blue?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: So we want to make a decision, but then we want to take action and actually trigger that. This reduces the likelihood of second guessing, Like, just get it done back, just pick the red one, order the red one, because then if I bring up that there's a blue one, you're like, ah Vi, I have actually already ordered it. It's all good though. Thanks. Though, if jumping in all at once feels like it's too much, beck just start small gradual actions can build your confidence. Think about it as kind of like dipping your toe in the pool before diving right in. I've said this time and time again, like, if the steps are too big, make them smaller. We can take tiny, tiny steps. If the analysis paralysis you're actually experiencing is actually over researching to begin with, like you're like, oh my god, I don't even know where to start. Google what is an ETF. Today, you just took a tiny step in the right direction. So do small things that add up back.
Speaker 4: Okay, so Vhie. What I'm taking away from today is that you don't need to know every little detail to make a good decision. It's all about breaking things down into manageable steps and not letting the fear of missing out on the quote unquote perfect choice hold you back. It's really about simplifying your options and focusing on what's important, which will make you feel less overwhelmed. And more confident in your financial decisions. Taking action will feel so much better than being stuck in indecision exactly.
Speaker 2: And like, there's no such thing as making perfect decisions. In fact, some of the worst decisions I've ever made I do not regret because they've led me here, right, Yeah, like some of the worst decisions. And I'm like, let's be honest, was it smart of me to get into forty thousand dollars worth of personal debt back?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 2: No one would look at that and be like, oh, that's so smart vee. But she's on the.
Speaker 4: Money, was born, She's on the money, exactly.
Speaker 2: And I feel like we all have situations like this where I'm not saying, make the wrong decision and just yollow, do a little bit of research, understand it. We can grow, we can learn, but nothing is going to be perfect. And sometimes you can do all the research in the world, Beck you can make what you deem to be the perfect decision. And then tomorrow Trump could come out and say that something happened online, tweet about it, and the entire economy could go into a panic, like we can't predict the unpredictable. Yeah, it's wild. And I guess the last thing I want to leave you on, because I've just realized how long we have been recording for Beck, is that I don't think we should underestimate the power of trusting your gut. No one knows your situation better than you do.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Researching and getting advice they're great tools, right, Ultimately, you're the one who's going to be the best judge of what is right for you. So Beck, I want everyone to confidently take a leap of faith and just believe in your own ability to make the best decision for you in your financial future. At the end of the day, it's not gonna be what my decision is. It's not going to be what Beck's decision is, and even my own Bech's decisions, they're so different. You've got to kind of pave your own path. Put those blinkers on, and you've got.
Speaker 4: This summed up so perfectly.
Speaker 2: Fee, I love this all right. Well, you're in Sydney, my love, so you've got to get back to this holiday that you're having. Thank you for doing a little episode on analysis paralysis with me. Thank you, And we'll see everybody on Friday, and then you'll be back in the studio, bright eyed and bushy tailed. Next week for another.
Speaker 4: I will be I'll see you guys, then bye bye.
Speaker 2: Did buy shared on?
Speaker 5: She's on the Money is general in nature and does not consider your individual circumstances.
Speaker 2: She's on the.
Speaker 5: Money exists purely for educational purposes and should not be relied upon to make an investment or financial decision. If you do choose to buy a financial product, read the PDS TMD and obtain appropriate financial advice tailored towards your needs. Victoria Divine and She's on the Money are authorized representatives of Money sherper p t y lt D a BN three two one six four nine two seven seven zero eight AFSL four five one two eight nine