Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Showtime is that guy thinking? Is the Geist's Katzi Perlo?
Speaker 3: This is where they chase a little pizza go in Thergasma Tranta.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show, Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So one one hundred and seventy two.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show, Friday morning. Let's go straight to the games in Paris and have one of our producer Rio's roundups. Rio.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning Christian, Good morning Jack.
Speaker 3: Now what has happened overnight?
Speaker 2: Two very brave silvers and unexpected silvers. So even though we haven't come home with any gold, still another proud night to the Australian. I got home and watched I don't know if you guys caught any of it, the ten kilometer marathon swim.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they should all everyone that got in that manky old poey French River, they should have all got gold medals. I wouldn't even go for a paddel in that I've seen it up close. It is beyond brown. There's a shade. It should be that on the painting charge the Forbes. Beyond brown, beyond Pooh.
Speaker 5: Also saw some kind of official who's on a paddle board. I guess they're to like drag anybody out if they know.
Speaker 3: He's dragging poos. That's what that paddle is pair for them out.
Speaker 5: The officials dresser sense she's a scuba diver, so no part of their body is allowed to touch the water. So what did the French know? The rest of the don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know what you asked yesterday. In the swim do they stop for snacks?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I saw an Italian woman pull a little snack out of the fos. She just went on her back and was sucking down this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have to because she's swimming. Didn't yourself? Like two hours?
Speaker 2: Who hours?
Speaker 3: The store?
Speaker 2: Half of it again, it was a really strong current and so half of it they were powering against this really really strong current. The Ossie girl, Maisha Johnson wasn't really expected to do particularly well. She's twenty six years old, Australia's oldest ever swimmer to debut.
Speaker 3: My god, that's I thought you're gonna say, she's fifty six, twenty six and they're going a old lady giving she's twenty six is the eldest one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's ancient in swimming room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but once you've been that river, saying, you can add another hundred years. She'd come out looking completely different, like Benjamin Button getting out that Periold river saying in Paris, and she's just narrowing. I saw the photos. There's nothing in it.
Speaker 2: She was ahead the whole race for two hours. She was leading, which was incredible. And then we're getting right near the final turn and she sort of ran into the barriers and I think maybe she lost where she was going.
Speaker 3: They just exhausted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then the do they have goggles on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe the goggles got sort of browned up, or maybe maybe youon pink, you get brown eye in that. Yes, all right, so she just now need mission in credible silver.
Speaker 2: Yes. And same in the kayak. Oh, actually, I need to tell you in the marathon. In the swim, so these girls have just swum two hours. They collapsed in a heat and the commentators are congratulating, Oh, well done to the girls. You know, an incredible effort, no matter where you come. And the other commentator said to the other one, oh, mate, and congratulations to you. That was a marathon.
Speaker 6: Call for you in the booth shat on your ass watching it on TV and these women are literally way they're half to five in each other and also well done for us, God was for us having to watch this boring old switch.
Speaker 5: We didn't hit a new barriers. While we were doing the commentary, I couldn't believe my ears.
Speaker 3: So what was the kayaking? I thought the kayaking was done?
Speaker 2: No, this is the kayak sprint, so it's like the rowing, but four people in a kayak and just paddling straight, No rapids.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, smooth water.
Speaker 5: I think that's what they call it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we lost by literally a millimeter to the bloody Germans.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, the Germans again and so whippers. Over the next couple of hours, is that it now? Because I was listening to the beach volleyball and the women's beat the Brazilians, I think.
Speaker 2: I think we lost to the brazil today.
Speaker 3: It was on the ERA on the way and on the they were commentating on the on the radio.
Speaker 5: I thought we won in the beach volleyball, and I thought we won in the water polo.
Speaker 3: These round ups are normally very good.
Speaker 2: We again, we lost in the in the beach volleyball.
Speaker 3: Well, if you, the computer wouldn't lie to us. Also, you sound as old as me now when you go my computer saying this. Computers say we lost.
Speaker 2: We lost, We lost in the beach Volube.
Speaker 3: You got the exclusive it was twenty nineteen, about an hour ago. It was so exciting about.
Speaker 5: What does this headline mean? Australia blows past Brazil in convincing round of sixteen? When are we not in the round of sixteen?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: This is.
Speaker 3: Round six Oh my god? Remember that? So over next couple of hours, are there any more big key events that we've got a chance.
Speaker 2: In Caitlyn Parker in the boxing I think she's about to come up. Corey Senior, our other boxer, just lost about ten minutes ago, which is unfortunate. But we're through to the water polo semi finals. Awesome, sorry water polo final in the women's we beat the US who haven't lost.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're dominating in that. That's huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think seven to one to win that and we want.
Speaker 3: So and so when it's the final, ah, I don't know. Okay, Well, where do you have another one of your round ups? An hour or two s times?
Speaker 4: Christian Connall's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show yesterday. On the show, Jackie, you were telling us about how there's this big giant clock that's six minutes faster knocks.
Speaker 5: Yeah. For in Fort Knock self storage center has a public clock on Hardleberg Road in Alfington, so plenty of people passing in the morning, but it was six minutes fast, so lots lots of communists thinking there later than they are. I walked in there yesterday, Beau it's just near my house and talked to Xavier, who said.
Speaker 3: You actually did this. I did this, Yeah, but you really look at you've got stuff going on. I mean, I've never seen this new super citizen. It's when you become obsessed by something that you could just let go some kind of snak, a thread gets caught on some think and I just like, let the jump a tear. You're like, the keyboard needs to be taken apart because there's a wonky eye or something.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: I'm shocked by this response. I actually thought i'd get a paddle them back for going the extra mile for this show.
Speaker 3: Sis. The behavior of what would call Neil Mitchell behavior, isn't it. Can I speak to the manager please?
Speaker 5: I did speak to the mat, but only by chance he was the only one there, Xavier. He explained that they have clock creep. So sorry, that's what they called you behind your back. Did you see him the clock creep.
Speaker 3: Or a word that rhyme with that.
Speaker 5: They have clock creep, which means he does reset it and he tries to keep the right time, but over time it creeps out. You're kidding And I said, well, it's up to six minutes. He said that is bad. I don't usually let it get that bad. So as of yesterday afternoon he had reset the clock. He's actually I noticed this morning gone a minute under, so it's a minute slow.
Speaker 3: Now, Oh my back in there this afternoon, guys Xavier here, I think I can hear him on the phone out there. Tell him it's Jack the clock creep.
Speaker 5: You'll know who I am, you know. So if you're driving past the Fort Knock self storage on Hardelberg Road today, notice that it is one minute flow, especially if you're used to it being fast and you think you've got an extra six minutes sleeve.
Speaker 3: Now, if anythink, I think what you've done is caused more chaos because they've probably got used to it and set their morta morning routine around it. Now I'm worried that they're going to see that slow down or speed up.
Speaker 5: Well, I expected him to correct it to the to the right time. What I think he's done is giving himself a free minute because he knows it's going to creep, and.
Speaker 3: He's adjusting it for the clock creep, the inevitable creep. He's building creep time into it.
Speaker 5: So I'll keep an eye on it.
Speaker 3: I don't worry. I was sued that you'd be keeping eye on it. No, please do keep us updated unsubscribed.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: It's Christian O'Connell's show. Two days ago, I was talking about how food going. Victoria is running out of food now. The last time they were doing what they're going to be doing this weekend. What we need your help to support and emergency food drive was in twenty nineteen. Twenty nineteen when it was the bushfires and people really needed help in affected areas. We're back in that situation. A lot of people with the cost of living sky high at the moment, and a lot of people still haven't reset themselves in the wake of COVID and food Bank Victoria. It is astonishing. They're trying to feed sixty five thousand people a day who can't afford basic grocery items. We're talking about tunas, pasta, sauce, rice, cereals, long life mealk. So this weekend, if you can help, it would be absolutely amazing. They really do need urgent help actions. So this weekend they're doing a food bank drop in Yarraville on Somerville Roads all day tomorrow all day Sunday, ten am to three pm. If you are nowhere near that and you're near where this radio station is in Richmond, we're doing a food drop today. You can pop into the radio station. Some of you already done that, thank you very much to Karen and Roseanne. Literally in the last ten minutes have dropped into the radio station with some food. The food they need is tuna, pasta, pasta, sauce, rye cereal, long life milk, can stuff like canned fruit and can vegetables. So if you want to come into the radio station, we're on Goodwood Street. If you go into our socials Facebook, Instagram, you can find out exactly where we are on all the details and how you can also support the amazing work, the urgent work that's needed for Food Bank Victoria. Every one on this team. Yesterday we all went to our separate supermarkets and I took my seventeen year old daughter and got we got these items. And I'm telling you now, it's a lovely thing to be to donate and support a charity. Okay, it is. It's a real act of generosity how much you can give. But going and doing something actually physically with the hands, yes, going down there holding the pasta and the pasta sauces and actually, I don't know, we felt it was humbling. Appreciate my meal last night, and it made me just think, I send to my daughter this, This will help someone we're never going to meet for the next couple of weeks. That makes you feel really good physically doing it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think it's definitely a different experience in donating through a website or over a like over the phone, is that you actually are picking up things like pasta and rice and bear essentials and thinking, wow, how painful would it be if we couldn't provide such simple things and essential foods for our family. And we did. We did it as a group as well, and Gordy even had his little shopping bag and was putting a lot of stuff on the bottom row end. So there's while we got the bear of Centrals and the tuna and the rice and the pasta. Gordy also through in the musli bars and the snacks.
Speaker 3: Well that's on Gordy. Okay, stick a little note on there, and that's on two year old Gordy. Do it with your family actually after school today or over the weekend. I think it's really important to know that actually how we can help people sometimes is it's a simple thing of giving someone some food. And you know, the thought of actually people opening up their punch at the weekend and worrying all the fridge and worrying about where the next meal is coming must be so terrifying. And Food Bank was saying it isn't obviously just homeless people that these sixty five thousand people a day they can't afford their basic food shopping. It's actually a lot of professionals. There's mainly professionals who have jobs. We're talking about single parents. So if you can help this weekend, and it really is like pasta rise and stuff like that, you can drop it off here. At the radio station. You can find out more on our social pages and at Foodbank dot Org as well. You can find out there. But please support if you can. It's an amazing thing to do. But go to the supermarket, go and get some of those items. But thank you very much to anyone who might drop into where we are today here in Richmond. Thank you Karen, Thank you Roseanne. That is such a great thing to do.
Speaker 4: Look Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Time for double thumbs up Friday. Before that, Christian, can we don't donate money to the food bank drive? I can't get down to where you guys are. Yes, you can ROAs you can donate online. If people want to support the big emergentually food drive that's food Bank Victoria doing this weekend. You go to foodbank dot org dot au if you want to support, and thank you very much if you can. It's urgently needed. All right, Double thumbs up, Jackie boy, what are you enjoying?
Speaker 5: I'm just got to say hats off to stand this week for running the unlimited ad free Olympics coverage. I love getting in front of the TV and not having to think one ounce of energy on what we're going to watch it.
Speaker 3: Because every night it's a battle. It isn't my house. We've got the teenager what she wants to watch, and then it's my wife, and then it's me, and it's it's so stressful. Oh no, we always watched that. Well, when we watch your show, while we got to watch your show and your tea's got cold.
Speaker 5: And I also get overwhelmed with starting a new show. It's like, what are we getting ourselves into? How many hours are we committing to our upcoming future weeks by starting.
Speaker 3: Let's just still worry about that clock, the Knox clock and when' zach Creep going to come back?
Speaker 5: So sitting down and watching the Olympics every night has been a godsend for us. My highlights over the last two weeks say Asaki Gabbara on the bmx I. On Friday night, when I was watching the replay of the sixty minutes interview with her, I jumped onto her Instagram page and started following her. At sixty thousand followers, she's up to one hundred and twenty four thousand followers after that Saturday.
Speaker 3: Morning where she won. She's going to be a Hue star. She's so likable and charismatic such a brother Kai.
Speaker 5: And then I watched again Nina Kennedy's pole volt achievement yesterday and watched this clip of her. I think we sometimes take for granted that not all athletes are able to support themselves between Olympics just by competing in their events. So she can't hold pole volt as a full time job. So she said she had to choose between, well, do I go and get a job and then do this part time, or do I live on a shoe string so that I can put the proper training into being to train and win this gold medal. So she put all her eggs in one basket, which was I'm going to live frugally and then try to win this gold medal and if it doesn't work, I really got nothing to fall back on. And she's done it.
Speaker 3: It was incredible. Of all the reactions to people winning gold, her reaction, you got it. You could see she it wasn't that she was shocked. She kept sort of having an awareness that I've done it. I've done it. I've done it. And I guess in her mind's eye, she's going back to all that dedication, as is it going to pay.
Speaker 5: Gold focused yea for four years in a row.
Speaker 3: Now it's amazing. So there's all these highlights and there's still another three days left and then the amazing closing ceremony that does involve. Have you heard about what Tom Cruise has done?
Speaker 5: I know he's doing something.
Speaker 3: This is incredible. So he's already recorded his bit. She remember the closing ceremony. They always do something to hand over.
Speaker 5: To the next.
Speaker 3: Olympics before his time is going to be in La. Tom Cruise came up with this idea, filmed it himself, stars it himself in a very dynamic Tom Cruise way. But if anyone embodies the spirit of La and Hollywood, it's Tom.
Speaker 5: Cruise's jumping off the.
Speaker 3: Abseled down the Stad de France himself and he takes the flag and then he f over to Hollywood and he parachutes onto the Hollywood Sign perfect. I cannot wait to see that. Apparently was saying he no one would ensure him because he's incredibly dangerous to abseil down it. And it's because he's obviously a high profile act as well. He put I think he put his own deposit of ten million to ensure himself to do this crazy stunt. And also he is gotting on a bit. You know, he's not a professional climb or abseller, but he's repelled down the Stad de France in Paris. I cannot wait to see that side.
Speaker 5: Olympics is going to be amazing in four years time.
Speaker 3: And then good luck Brisbane. I mean, what are they going to have Barnsey picking up the flag singing on top of the four X brewery? I mean, Brisbane, the pressure is going to be on Is because Paris has look stunning and then you go Lai, look wonderful, and then you go Brisbane. How many bridges did that place got? All?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 3: Things that I've enjoyed at the moment on Netflix, one thing an outstanding documentary with the whole family watched talking about trying to on a TV show. Is a Netflix documentary. It's absolutely brilliant. It's called Mountain Queen The Summits of Lackper Sherpa. This is a Nepalese woman who became the first woman in the world to climb and survive Everest. It's an amazing documentary. She went on to do it ten times because obviously the camera work these days looks stunning. You watch it on your TV for the hour and a half of this documentary. It isn't just about mountain climbing. It's someone born with no advantages actually, who still went on to have a remarkable life and had some real stuff going on her personal life as well. It's an amazing documentary. You won't move from the couch for the ninety two minutes of this. You are transfixed with it. It looks visually stunning. There's something about the way it's filmed in four K and what it looks like on a TV, and then you forget it's incredibly dangerous. A lot of people die every day trying to get up there to become the first woman to do it, and then she does it nine more times as well to send It's an amazing story in documentary. Cannot recommend it enough. Watch it this weekend. Is called Mountain Queen The Summits of lack Pert Shirpa. You'll find it on Netflix.
Speaker 1: On a brainer you're listening to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show. Okay, we need to have a live brainstorming right now. And that's just not me and the team, that's you as well. Dear listener, we have an amazing situation of being thanks to the wonderful efforts of Team Australia. So we've been having a Gold of thon with ian S and Bosh where every time Team Australia win gold, you win big prizes. So for the individual goals we've been giving away washing machines and dishwashers. For the team ones it's Bosh vacuums. We haven't got around to giving them away yet this.
Speaker 5: Week so from the weekend it was the men's doubles last so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the two lads in the tennis. So we have six brand new mint Primo Bosh vacuums to give away. But how are we going to give away so many? We've got six of these Brandy vacuums to give away. Guys, have we got any ideas?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 5: Remembering it's a brainstorm and there's no bad ideas.
Speaker 3: The brains absolutely.
Speaker 5: Vacuum for the bride and groom. If you're getting married this week start, if you're getting married this week in or know someone who's getting married, you can ring up win a vacuum and you gift it to them on their wedding day. What a great start.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, no, no idea, no, no idea. It's a bad idea.
Speaker 5: And that one again is called vacuum for the bride and groom.
Speaker 3: Okay, what about sucking a win?
Speaker 5: How does it work?
Speaker 3: Yeah? The people call up and they have to fire up their existing vacuum, and so we hear the suckage on air, like, oh, that doesn't sound a very good one. Why don't you upgrade to this brand new bosh? They win the bush, so they fire up the vacuum, we go day. We can just about hear you that sounds a bad vacuum. What about a brand new, better one?
Speaker 2: What if the vacuum sounds really good?
Speaker 3: They wouldn't happen because this is a boss you death.
Speaker 2: No, but what if their vacuum sounds good.
Speaker 3: They won't sound better than the one we can give them as a bosh? It sound up great? Right? Yeah, that's times six, don't forget time six. Yeah, it's like a chorus, a vacuum orchestra. If you want britty no idea, I suck and win?
Speaker 2: What about are you ready for will suck?
Speaker 3: I like the setup? What's the payoff?
Speaker 2: Well, we get a number of different items that you think the vacuum may or may not suck. We just have we don't have a beautiful bosh vacuum in our studio at the moment. We've just got our engineers one and you have to decide whether this vacuum will suck that item or not.
Speaker 5: I actually like that.
Speaker 3: But give me an example of an item, because it'll be pretty easy when it's not going to suck a shoe up as it or a.
Speaker 2: Ski never like will the fourth like a bowling ball like will.
Speaker 3: But we've got six needs to give what I.
Speaker 5: Like, say, it will suck up one post a note, we know that, but we will suck up a whole pad of postal notes. I actually don't know. I actually don't know.
Speaker 3: That's the lead idea at the moment, I can producicating this bounce up and down. You've got one maca.
Speaker 10: I don't have.
Speaker 5: And I was just suggesting we have a little random sheep out here that we could potentially suck up and see I don't know if that would suck.
Speaker 3: Okay, right, no bad ideas, but no bad ideas. But there's no real killer one at the moment. So at the moment, the best possibilities that were sucking up a toy sheep at the moment.
Speaker 2: That's not actually I think I meant yeah.
Speaker 3: Let's let's see if they've got any other ideas as well. Nine four one four one O four three. So the dilemma is, how do we give away six brand new Bosh vacuums.
Speaker 4: Christian connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: It's a Christian O'Connell's show. Rest assured, we've sorted it. Okay, that was just a blip, a moment of a wobble. That's all the yips. We're back, We're going for gold. We have a lockdown idea of how to give away six vacuums right now. My assistants are working behind the scenes but u some what will be award winning audio for this game. But don't sorry. In about ten to fifteen minutes time, all will be revealed how exactly we're going to give away six brand new vacuums today on the Gold of thor Am I right then, over the last two weeks of the Goldthoron, every time Team Australia win gold, we give away big prizes. There's not ever been a show we even had someone to give away, sir. That's right, yep, right from the start with the only weekend and we start on last money. That has been amazing. What a run. What is it? Is it nineteen golds?
Speaker 2: Eighteen golds?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 5: But by the end you're surely nineteen.
Speaker 3: Wow rounded up twenty five goals. I've got that is amazing right now on the show. Then what is the furthest You've gone to pick something up? Rio, You've got a long trip this weekend.
Speaker 2: I do this Friday. I'm flying all the way back to Sydney just so I can drive a car all the way back down to Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Oh come on now, I mean you're trying not to a bit of a humble brug here. It's not just any car. Obviously, you're working radio. You're trying to play the common man here. It's probably I mean it's is it one of Carl's cars. It's a real This is an eye catcher.
Speaker 2: It is a two thousand and seven Volvo S forty.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I know you can still get those.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, wow.
Speaker 2: So Mum and Dad are upgrading to a new car. They have no knee. They're getting another Volvo. They love the safety and official car of the family.
Speaker 5: Yes, don't fix what's not broken.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, yeah, good mindedge, good book space.
Speaker 2: Yes, Mum says she sleeps easier because she knows if we're driving.
Speaker 3: And cap rating bags.
Speaker 2: Got yeahs like a little jumping castle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had. We had Volvos for the first ten years when the kids were Yeah, because my wife is obsessed with like, what's the safest car. Yeah, they are safe and dependable.
Speaker 2: Yes, not sexy.
Speaker 3: No surprise that you're going to be rocking around the mean streets of Richmond, you know and round browt hoon racing and Evolvo.
Speaker 2: It's a real mum car. This well, yeah, it's a dark green. It's not you know, not particularly sexy. But I don't have a car here, so beggars can't be choos.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not. She could have drive it all the way back, long drive back Sunday.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm flying up and I'm going.
Speaker 3: And they come for ends there and then you're in that Volvo, an old knackud family guard that they no longer want.
Speaker 2: They were going to trade it in. They were like, oh, I was like, no, I haven't fly up, so I'm going up for that. I'm so going to the Swan's game. Tonight at the SCG, then going out Saturday and then Sunday morning.
Speaker 5: First thing the burning your CDs for the drive.
Speaker 2: Carry It's also the first road trip me and my partner will have ever done.
Speaker 5: So that's going to be what you're leaving Sunday morning.
Speaker 3: He's going to be driving into the show Monday morning.
Speaker 5: It's a long drive. It's eleven hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, so we all wants to get up at five am. I want to get up a bit later.
Speaker 5: You're going to have it done that drive I've done. No, sorry, I've done. To Pambula. We were driving, We were meant to be driving the way to Sydney and then we got to the into New South Wales and we're like this is it is really nice here and then we went back.
Speaker 3: All right, so long way to go and get something? What's the furthest you've traveled to go and pick something up?
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 3: What's the furtherest you've gone to pick something up? Actually, we think about it. You traveled ten thousand miles to come and see me to pick up a job.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 3: Ten thousand miles to do a job. Interview based on his performance at the job interview, where he slept for a lot of it. I was heavily jetlag.
Speaker 5: It was it's the opposite hours. We should have done the interview in the middle of the night. Yeah, and I was wide.
Speaker 3: Away he slept. I think, I think you actually slept in the spare bedroom of my old house with a part of the job interview as well. I should have realized that this is the start of the working relationship. It has started like that.
Speaker 5: I said I was going to the toilet and then I couldn't the allure for bed. It was too good not to have a ten minute now.
Speaker 3: All right, So what is the furthest you've traveled to pick something up? Nine four one for one oh four three?
Speaker 11: Good morning, Cam, morning, Christian Jack Pats.
Speaker 4: How are we?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Good camp?
Speaker 3: All good at camp and a camp. I hope you've been a good week. So what's the further she went to get something? Mate?
Speaker 11: Look, it wasn't overly far. It ended up being a bit of a mish though. We my father in law and I had traveled up to Sydney and back. It was meant to be a round trip twenty four hours. Like we both had to get back to work. So we left Melbourne at eleven o'clock on a Saturday night. I got to Sydney the following morning and went to pick up a Ferrari that my father in law was by and.
Speaker 3: We borrowed a price.
Speaker 11: Really yeah, it sounds a bit dawny to say, but yeah. And we went up there to try and pick up this ferrari and it was meant to be this really quick like go up there, pick it up, get back, get back to life. But after driving to Sydney absolutely zero sleep, it came time to load the ferrari onto a car trailer and it was just too low. We couldn't actually get it onto the trailer. So did a bit of a guy ring and realized the guy that we're buying it from had a boat ramp and with the angles, oh brilliant, if we can sort of drive it straight on, it means that the angles will be negated. So put the car trailer was connected to a high luxe, so he put that down the boat ramp so that the Ferrari could essentially drive straight onto the trailer. Bob's r uncle were heading home and my father in law got into this Ferrari that he'd owned for all of about forty five minutes, got it halfway up the trailer, and because it was so heavy, it actually lifted the front of the trailer and the rear of the high Lux to the point where the Ferrari was half on the car trailer with the front wheels being the only wheels in contacts, and the high Lux and Ferrari started skidding down the boat ramp. The father in law was stuck in it.
Speaker 3: Because heated those angles that were negated earlier.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, it's It ended up being a bit of a shamodel. But the high Luck started skidding down the boat ramp with the Ferrari on it, my father in law stuck in it. I'm just watching in horror, thinking old I swear jumped in the jumped in the highlights, and then had to spend twenty minutes trying to reverse it back up a boat ramp with my father in law stuck in He quite enjoying Ferrari and only the front wheel touching the ground, So a little bit of pivoting ended up getting the back up. It ended up being a bit of a mission, but then it was a pretty awkward drive for the next half of the round trip, came back to Marlbourn where we just sat there in sil.
Speaker 3: Yeah all right, Cam, good stuff, Thank you very much for the story, mate, cheers, Mate, thank you very much. I know pants isn't on today, but something the spirit of the Pats where the Pats esque story. I had to know what the wheels were up in the angles? Mel morning, Mel, good morning guys. Now what's the furthest you've traveled to get something?
Speaker 12: Well, my dad came to New Australia from Denmark sixteen southern kilometers to pick up his grandchildren to take him back for a holiday.
Speaker 3: Wow. Wait, what a lovely mission to go on. Yeah, Mel, thank you very much and cool have a nice weekend.
Speaker 5: What's that Okay? They're either too long or too short?
Speaker 3: We really do seriously. Peter Peter, good morning, there you go. Yeah, no rocking it today the Grand Final? And Peter Peter, what's the furtherest you've traveled to get something?
Speaker 11: We draft the King's Canyon to our springs just to get McDonald's for breakfast. Why we were working out at the resort out there at King's Canyon. We knocked off at nighttime and had a few. We had one sober guy Andao.
Speaker 12: We talked him into go on McDonald's for breakfast.
Speaker 3: What a lovely trip that must have been for that one loan sober guy to go and get macas for a load of his drunken bats. Monday, we could do the flipside. This worst drive you ever had to do, Peter. That actually cool. Thanks, Let's never do this again.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show. Today we're supporting Food Bank Victoria this weekend to do an emergency food drop off. It's happening all weekend ten am to three pm tomorrow and Sunday out at Yarraville. Some of it roade Yarraville. Sixty five thousands Victorians struggling to feed themselves every single day. They've never had to ask for an emergency food drive support since twenty nineteen. Today at the radio station and right now you can come and drop food off where we are gold in Richmond at Goodwood Street. We're looking for stuff like tuna, pasta, pasta, sauce, right cereal long like milk, canned fruit, canned vegetables. Thank you very much, all the legends have been supporting this already, like Rosanne, who dropped in here in the last hour yesterday.
Speaker 10: I thought I'd go shopping and spend about twenty dollars because I'm at pension. And went into the shop and saw all the things, and yeah, came out went a bit bonkers and I'd spend fifty five dollars. But I'm happy I did.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, your heart as wells. Thank you very much, Roseanne. Thank you very much to Sam Thomas just turned up with a dog and a husband, turned out on off of their real estate agent, nol Jones real Estate, and Blackburn dropped off a couple of boxes and stuff. So thank you very much, Shannon and the dog Hamish as well. If you can support, thank you very much. If you want to find out more, you can also donate money as well, or how you can donate your time to support them urgently leaded at the moment. Food bank dot org dot au is where you can find out more. Thank you very much.
Speaker 13: Oh Christian, We've got no songs for the whole hour. Oh nick niggig nake nake nag naked.
Speaker 5: Hour, naked hour.
Speaker 13: Oh nick nke egggg naked hour.
Speaker 5: Naked hour.
Speaker 3: All right, every Friday on the show from You and change of the music. We call them a naked hour. We strip away the songs you picked them. We give you a theme today. Must have song with a pet in the title, a pet in the title? You get it? Nine four one four one o four three. Starting to get into a trance doing that, I was what I'd never I've never been the same again. It's because I thought it was back in that ferraricor you see. Sometimes we can get PTSD from some of those angles being negated. Alrighty ninety four one four one o four three songs with a pet in the title rio, What have you got?
Speaker 2: This one's in memory of the thirteen or so by Jeez that my sister used to have And I accidentally left the gate open in the enclosure and they all flew away. So sorry, Alex, Sorry to the budgies, but this one's for you.
Speaker 3: Chun Banger.
Speaker 5: Maybe they wanted to be free.
Speaker 3: Well I think they all do. Would you want to live in a little cage with a little mirror to look at to remind you all there is a bars behind you? The cuttlefish for tea again tonight Oh, they get that manky old cuttle fish and chew on.
Speaker 5: They get that seed shaped as a bell.
Speaker 3: It's the best life ever in there. I'm trying. Didn't all fly back? Hi, fly back? That's what she should have done as a B side Jackie Boy a song with a pet in the title.
Speaker 5: Would we consider a bullfrog a pet?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Yeah, because we'll just I just need to lay some grandwork before you hear my songs. Oh yeah, you'll be surprised what people have had as pets.
Speaker 5: So the is this song technically called Joy to the World, but it's known more popularly as Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
Speaker 3: Wow, was not expecting. But what a good time? This is, oh gray song? All right. When I was a kid, I had a different kind of pet. That's right, this is.
Speaker 5: Your idea as well. So I had.
Speaker 3: A lobster what was its name, rock lobster because he loved good music and good time to go.
Speaker 2: He listened to as when you were a kid in the New.
Speaker 3: Cat Yeah, yeah, you said, when Huggy anyone you've been on the station twenty years of course, when I was a kid. But yeah, and I love this song Cats in the Cradle and the Cats, the original What a song.
Speaker 2: Man when you're coming home?
Speaker 12: Dad?
Speaker 8: No man?
Speaker 3: All right, So you're picking the songs we played them from it. It's got to have a pet in the title on nine four one four one o four three. Now we also had a very unusual pet as well. It was a young firefly.
Speaker 2: Oh where did you? How did you get a firefly?
Speaker 3: You lay out honey during the British summers and those fireflies and there's only one beautiful song about fire flies by Do you remember anyone remember Owl City? Anyone? Anyone you remember this? Fireflies?
Speaker 4: Owl City?
Speaker 2: Anyone ever done? A came easy one to do, actually loved to hear Ye.
Speaker 3: Take me back to my pet fireflies. Oh my god, so many happy memories with the green the guys they called them the guys. Hi guys.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the question, you know, Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Question one about who let the dogs out? No, we can never again, we don't been. There can never go back.
Speaker 5: You think you want it, and then it plays before when you do.
Speaker 3: There's this a lot of rambling nonsense, and there's a horrible bit in the middle where you will lose the will to live. Trust me, We excitedly press playing and then regretted it within about a minute and a half. There's this random three minute long middle section that no one needs. This essentially filler. Do you remember the demo mode where you could go and buy keyboards when the first became a thing? Just going a shot with your mates on a satura in the press demo mode and walk out because you had to turn it off again. Basically, they just hit demo mode. All right, So what do we talk about the naked out today? On the show from eight? You're picking the songs that the themes songs with a pet in the title. First of all, let's got a Tyler this morning on the show. Good morning Tyler? Hello, I know Tylers? You getting ready for school? Yeah? And what's Friday? Is a good day? Bad day? You got sport? What's right? If you mate.
Speaker 8: In the middle?
Speaker 3: Right in the middle? All right? Now, what song could we play with a pet in the title? I Ain't Nothing but a Handdog by Elvis Presley? Oh well, now you a found of the king Elvis or mum or dad made you call him? Grandma, Grandma shark audience, Grandma's love this show, my young friend, I love it so Grandma, couldn't you bother to call up herself? She just got you to do it. Tyler, Yeah, Tyler, Butler, Nana up right now? Gyrating in the front room. Huh, careful now you put your hip out, you've only been just put it back in, Tyler. Is Nana dancing right now?
Speaker 4: Huh?
Speaker 3: All right, Tyler, have a great day school. Thanks for calling.
Speaker 12: Bye?
Speaker 3: Do we need to say? And some on around? Is he being held against his wheel? Poison? And call him up? You callt him up? Tyler. Let's got Nicole morning Nicole. Hi, guys, how are you Nicole? So song with a pet the title.
Speaker 12: Let's a Whippet by Devo.
Speaker 3: Of course fast answer the whipp its tune. I guess yeah it's a pet the title? Yeah, all right, Nicole, great song. Thank you very much, have a lovely weekend. Let's go to Stewart.
Speaker 4: Hi there, Christians, Hi, there's Stewart.
Speaker 3: And what we play.
Speaker 11: We've got a request from my daughters Jony and Bobby. And we've got how much is that Dog in the window by Patsy Page?
Speaker 14: Oh much is that dog?
Speaker 3: Listen to that crack at the beginnings? Have we we plugged the gramophone in.
Speaker 14: Oh much is that dog in window? The one with the wagly check? How much is that dog in the window? I do hope that dog.
Speaker 3: Standard of entertainment.
Speaker 5: Back in the day, there used to be when I was a kid, there used to be a man who busted in the city with his acoustic guitar and his pet dog. And the dog would bark at the appropriate times while said.
Speaker 3: Actually he's pretty good, Durmber. That time that we wasted half an out of the show.
Speaker 5: Trying to get a singing dog.
Speaker 3: Yes, that dog did nothing. Seriously, it didn't even bark all when when it was so bored playing the part of you, dear listener during that awful section, Stewart, thank you very much. Play that, Brendan. Good morning, Good morning, Gods, Happy Friday, Happy Friday, Brendo. And what can we play you?
Speaker 5: Okay, let's go a little bit different.
Speaker 11: Let's go when Doves Cry by Prince Oh.
Speaker 3: Great pets, great song. Thank you very much, Brendan, have a lovely weekend thanks to calling the show. Shannon, good morning. Maybe move your chair near at lamp. Button you off the presser. We'll get a little bit of a from a stretcher of delay from Jack my phone assistance today.
Speaker 5: I actually also wanted to google at the same time how many people on the say your own dums as pets but run out of time?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, Well, hopefully we can pick up some time and a bit on the show and we can find out that answer. Shannon, Good morning, Shannon, Good morning, Shannon. And what song with a pet of the title?
Speaker 4: Yeah, A Horse.
Speaker 3: With No Name by America?
Speaker 2: You see a man sounds good to be.
Speaker 3: This has got a nice sore mellow maybe a mellow one in the middle there for this.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've got to bring them down to bring them back up again. You know. This is a good to google, by the way, because he sort of does this bit. I'm filling time to talk it in, right, don't keep catch on to me. Great song there, Shannon's great song there, Shannon, So God.
Speaker 5: I'm not getting anything. Sorry. I don't think you can own a dove as a pet.
Speaker 3: Of course she can. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you have dove collectors. Yeah, they have festivals and anything. I think there's one coming at October a term alban comfound Convention Center as the Dovefest twenty four.
Speaker 4: Well, Christian Connell's Show podcast.
Speaker 3: This week's Naked Hour we do every Friday, we give you a theme. You pick all the songs for the final hour of power Songs with a pet in the title. Here's an interesting one, Tim Christian, I had a dog called Friday. Can we play Friday in love? No, it's gott to hear pet in the title. A lot of people have pet ducks, don't they. I was looking for a bit of support that.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, it's on a farm.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, disco duck. What is this is a great tune? Not that bit, I'll bet you. How do you does this here come bying you today? Playing disc du give little jacket you get me as your That is almost word for word. The dog comes flying off breeze here in the middle of the show. All right, so a pet in the title, Tim, good morning, Good Christian, I'm good Tim. Have you having a good week? And what's the song? Uh, Barracuda, Yes, this is more like it, Barcona kids of pet barracooners. They're feeding right now and we're getting on the school bus. We are stretching it quite a lot to just look at so many other suggestions. All right, let's go to the Anne Morning the Anne Hily, Yeah, good, welcome to a show. And what song could we play after eight?
Speaker 12: Crocodile Rock by Elton John.
Speaker 3: Absolutely all those pet crocs in Australia. This a great song. Thank you very much, Leanne. Have a lovely weekend. Let's go to Danny Morning, Danny, Morning, Danny. What can we play?
Speaker 11: What's new? Whoa whoa?
Speaker 3: Tom Jones on the line. What's new puts the cat better?
Speaker 2: What's new puts a cat?
Speaker 3: June Shelley, thank you very much, Danny, Good morning, Shelly, Pat Jack's everyone. Hello.
Speaker 12: I think this is a great one because I think of how we all leave work on a Friday like a bet out of hell?
Speaker 3: Got it baby? Now? This is a Friday energy song, isn't it, Shelley. But Shelley, what about I played this morning people suddenly start leaving work for work? Come on, you get it?
Speaker 5: You started the Shelley's going to complement your comment from earlier.
Speaker 3: We hanging out, don't do me know? That's Shelley my own show, all right.
Speaker 12: Else, when my friends had their car broken into in the days where we all had a CD collection and they took all the coins, the sunglasses, five CDs, but less mateloads.
Speaker 3: Wow, leave them with something glassy thiefs, gentlemen, thiefs, I say, Shelly, thanks for the story and the song.
Speaker 12: Have a great weekend, please do.
Speaker 3: Bye bye, Shelly. Mark, good morning all. Yeah, good Mark? And what can we play with the pet in the title.
Speaker 11: Hungry Lords the Wolf?
Speaker 5: Yes, none of these are pets anymore. We are bats crocodile.
Speaker 3: There are people in America who have pet wolves. I would love a pet wolf, you know I would. I would love a pet wolf I bring into work so you can all share the joy of my blue eyed wolf.
Speaker 5: What happened to Hey? He's even by a wolf Christian.
Speaker 3: Very well trained hard to get into good dog train that it can help me domesticate a giant pet wolf. Mark, thank you very much for that. Now we got two people here, and Naomi and Lachlin come on him.
Speaker 4: Good mind, good morning.
Speaker 3: Now are you on the school run or you're at home before going to school?
Speaker 12: No, we're just on the school run, and I'm heading off the work and then dropping a little one.
Speaker 11: Off at at school.
Speaker 3: Okay, And the voice changed quickly. Then rather already in menopause, they grow up so quickly, Rage against the Menopause out now and okay, what's the song Fox on the Run? This is a brilliant song by the Sweet from the seventies.
Speaker 9: You might not recognize the song, but this is a good Sarah.
Speaker 3: You've teased us with the setup. Where's the chorus? It goes, Band on the Run. That's it, that's it. See, this is a great song. Everyone who's got a pet?
Speaker 4: Fox The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: We ask you for songs with pets in the title, that well known family pet Lovely round Kids, Fox on the Run, Sweet. What a brilliance on a kickoff this hour. Oh my god, and the energy and vibes continue, my friends. Nothing says a Friday vibe like a big song. And then a brand new vacuum. Yes, of course it's a bosch. I wouldn't give you anything less than a bosh or part of the gold ofthon. Every time Team Australia win gold at the Games in Paris, you win gold as well today cleaning up the gold medals with ian s and Bosh. We have six for some of the team wins. Team wins six brand new Bosh vacuums. Now, if you heard us about an hour and a half ago. It may have sounded like, because we're very very powerful actors, that we struggled a bit. We hadn't any great idea of how to suddenly give away six vacuums. That was, of course play acting and very powerful one. I can now reveal the hour that we had the idea that we came up with years ago actually, and it's certainly the moment of truth. You've got to share this idea. It's called back to the future. Yes, I know, yeah, very good. Yeah, this this vack to the future. This vacuum has been time traveling, and it's has gone back to three monumental moments in history and a gun vacuuming. There's no other way to set yourself other than just to say that's what. Yeah, who'd have thought it? What a time to be alive. That's how powerful this boshs Be careful that you don't as your innocently vacuum suddenly find yourself at a monumental moment in time. So here they are at the time traveling vacuum, back to the future, three moments in time. Guess any one of them correctly. You win a brand new Bosh vacuum. Okay, there's there's some find out now where that wash vacuum's been. I've got no idea. I've got no idea. That one is difficult, isn't it. Nine four one four one o four three. Wait, you didn't stop there, It went there and then it went to another time dimensioned.
Speaker 7: General Secretary Gorbachev.
Speaker 8: If you seek peace.
Speaker 3: Some here with this gee this Garba, open this ge and then that Bosh had a real taste for time traveling and squeezed in one more before going back to the present time.
Speaker 15: Just had discussions with the mass. I saw an opportunity to potentially use use some type get some you know granules from the you know, from.
Speaker 2: The rough patches.
Speaker 4: Vac to the future.
Speaker 3: All right, so any one of those moments in history, get them right. You can win a brand new Bosh vacuum brighter.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Christian o'carl's show podcast.
Speaker 3: To Down the Gold of Thorn. We're trying to give away six vacuums thanks to Ian s and Bosh Vack to the future, a time traveling vacum. Where has it gone? I don't know, you tell me nine four one four one o four three. It's gone here.
Speaker 7: I'm really clean up up there, General Secretary Gorbachev.
Speaker 8: If you seek peace, if you from here to this gi mister, open this ge.
Speaker 3: N one of these moments in time, right, and you can win a brand new vacuum. It is also went to this moment in time a low point.
Speaker 15: Just had discussions with a mash if it was on, I saw an opportunity to potentially use use some type get some you know granules from the you know, from the rough patches.
Speaker 3: Janets, I mean Christian and Janet. Hey, Janet's vack to the future. Where's the old vacuum? Bin?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 12: When the men when we went to the moon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the men went to the older men. Janet, you want a Bosh vacuum?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you didn't need to go to the moon. Sorry, well done, Janet, Janet, Yeah, yeah, it's good. Okay, Janet, have a lovely weekend. Enjoy using that Bosh vacuum.
Speaker 14: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: All the bsky you guys too, and you Janet, take care now all right, just go to Chris. Good morning, Chris.
Speaker 4: Morning.
Speaker 3: Here are you going? Happy Friday to you? And where do you think the vacuum went well.
Speaker 11: I think the last one is straying figure Tiam and shampaper gate.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Winner, you get a wash vacuum as well well, I Chris. And finally, where did that vacuum go? Sharon, come on him, Good morning team, Good morning Sharon. Where do you think the vacuum went? Time traveling back?
Speaker 4: It was the Berlin wall before the pool, Paul of the.
Speaker 3: Boa, the wall, sorry, before the wall. It knocks it over, it's so powerful. Sucked up the wall. Household was seeing he got sucked up in there, Sharon. Yes, you went around new vacuum as well. Well done, beautiful, thank you. I've actually been through the Berlin walls checkpoint Charlie, back in eighty six. Oh wow, it must been incredible to see it.
Speaker 12: Then you've got it stepped in my passport as well.
Speaker 5: So is that before the war came down?
Speaker 12: Yes, it was back in eighty six.
Speaker 4: It was quite interesting.
Speaker 12: There was a section twenty five sections where it had the statue of Liberty painted in brilliant colors.
Speaker 3: Wow, I didn't know that, all right, Sharon, thank you very much, have a lovely weekend of congratulations.
Speaker 2: Thank you well.
Speaker 4: Christian Connell's Show Podcast Christians.
Speaker 3: Sweet Fox and a Run. What a brilliant song. Thanks a Planet, one of all time favorites on the seventy. It definitely better than modern muta. Don't you worry you when you're allout modern stuff on this station, rest assured, madam. The most recent ever gets is twenty years. Hey, yesterday we had complaints. What is this new fangled garbage? May get stop burn the new stuff? Anti progress? All right? Time for today's time was stuff. It is International Beer Day. Who near the world of the Olympics and beer meat in the Beer Mile World Champs. Never heard of this internationally sanctioned really competition where athletes must run a mile and skull four pints without chondering. The world record is for look how four minutes and twenty eight seconds. That's so quick. It's a minute off the actual buying time for the fifteen hundred meters at the games. Wow, wee all right, we're looking for your beer movies. Alrighty beer movies four x men silver. You've got al gold, Bali.
Speaker 5: And me silver.
Speaker 3: Yeah, generous beauty and.
Speaker 5: The beer that bronze.
Speaker 3: He kissed the beer and it turns into fight pub. That's all the fight pub. You don't talk about fight pub, Jackie boy, what have you got some how can free ones over there?
Speaker 5: Men who stare at mountain goat No, that's gold.
Speaker 3: Actually, the big Lebruski gold as well. That's very good. That the big Lebruski slumgrog millionaire silver.
Speaker 5: And Nanny mcphurfy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's great, Nanny mcfurfey, very good gold.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells Show podcast chapter Simmy.
Speaker 3: This is on his maccount list. Play this wow, so Jenams, he's got it. Owl City Fireplace Easter. Yeah, Christian, Christian o'connomy, thanks to goals gold on four point three. It's ten to nine the time wasting now. So many these great pets, you know, crocodiles and barracoudas. I'd like to go to the pet shop that sold them. All right, So we're looking for your beer movies today.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 3: Let's go that pet shop. Okay, beer movies up and Painter silver. The Hills have Ales gold, Shinier, the Thomas Crown Lager Affair gold. When Heineken met Shandy bronze shoe we do instead of Scooby Doo shoey yeah, silver up and Steiner gold. That's it, interstellar Artois gold on Billy beer juice instead of beech ruice gold. It's very p I sign off there from the person to sell the one regards Judy, the regards, all the best regards Judy Pints Club Bronze. He's just not that into spew silver hair bud light.
Speaker 5: Silver you me and VB silver plus Edward Schooner Hands bronze.
Speaker 3: Sliding Course gold, Judy Walker, well done, sliding course, very good. We bought a brew gold, Adam the hunt for the Red Octoberfest silver, beauty and the yeast better. You'd like to go to that pet shop? All right? Who's best in the show.
Speaker 5: Let's give it to sliding cause Judy.
Speaker 3: Well done. Regards from the breakfast, How do you win? The Great Ara of Music? Always Nellie Fotado. I'm like a bird and I hope you are like a bird and flyway into your lovely weekends. From My Nest of a.
Speaker 4: Show, Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian, wasn't there another three vacuums to give away? Any giving away? Three? Yeah? I'm selling those stand the market. Give it to your South Mic Okay, No one likes to snitch, I'll cut you in a little bit of the actions. Keep quiet. Got a lot of bills going out at the moment, like Okay, wow, we what a gorgeous, gorgeous, beautiful Friday morning. This weekend, we ask you if you can to do one really important thing, and that's to look after the people in this state that really need some help right now. And we're talking about sixty five thousand people a day who Food Bank Victoria are really trying to support, and they're in the situation this weekend where there it's going to be a food bank emergency food drive. Now you can do your bit, and we're talking about the items they need are stuff that is in everyone's pantry tuneau, pasta, pasta, sauce, rice cereal long life milk, canned fruit, and canned vegetables. If you are near at all today, you're more than welcome to come into our radio station and drop anything off. You can donate money. If you want to be dropping any food off, you can come into Richmond during office hours and you'll be gratefully received. Also this weekend, the book food Bank drivers in Yarraville Somerville Roads all day tomorrow and Sunday ten am till three pm. Every week on the show we give away one thousand dollars for caller of the week. Thank you very much, Mercedes Barrick. So just they donate that one thousand dollars to food Bank Vie toy, so thank you very much to Craig Howard and the team there for backing it as well. These are some of the legends who've come in this morning whilst we've been on air doing the show that I just want to say thank you too, Jack and Rio who's been into the station dropping off food.
Speaker 5: Thank you to Karen.
Speaker 3: Sorry, probably you better if I turned on the microphone. And once more, who is that in Urgenhoe?
Speaker 2: Rosanne from Ivanhoe?
Speaker 3: Lovely?
Speaker 5: Thank you to Sam Thomas from Blackburn.
Speaker 2: Thank you to Tony Adamo from East Burwood Eaden from right here in Richmond. And thank you Me and Newman also from Richmond.
Speaker 3: So if you can't support this weekend, thank you very much. If you want to find out more go to Foodbank dot org dot au. Thank you very much. Whatever up to this weekend, have a great weekend. We are back Monday, where hang on a minute, we need to re right, we'll round up.
Speaker 5: It's a game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the games sawny Sunday night, but there's still a lot of action over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Huge weekend, and it's set up for what I like to call a very Australian weekend, a very underdog weekend because we've had a lot of like, goh.
Speaker 3: My god, you've got nineteen golds and you're playing the underdog card.
Speaker 2: T Ever, the nineteen goals, a lot of those have been our favorites have been you know, expected to win. The stage is set this weekend for some like folklore, Aussie underdog wins.
Speaker 3: Oh who's this then? WHI should we look ount.
Speaker 2: For the women's water polo, the Giant Slayers, the Stingers. They beat the US this morning to go into the final with Spain.
Speaker 3: It's a huge up series.
Speaker 2: It's massive of us US. We were I think seven to one odds to win in ahead, which is really low. They were in tears when they got through to the quarter finals, so the fact that they're through to the final is amazing. When is that that is on Sunday morning.
Speaker 5: We also have Spain good at water polo, They're very good. That's the underdog story for your exactly.
Speaker 2: Speaking of underdogs, Jess Hull in the fifteen hundred meters, she comes up against the greatest of all time, Faith Kip, You're gone, and she is in with a real shot for what would be a historic upset. Keep the faith, Keep the faith, Keep the faith.
Speaker 5: Fridays.
Speaker 2: Jess set the two thousand meters world record two months ago. This is the fifteen hundred meters, so she's in with a real shot. She ran really really well, you're not even looking at nos. But the big one, the really big one I want to talk to you about, is the Opals. They come up against, which is our women's basketball team.
Speaker 3: They have so many names, you know that no other country the games in Paris have got all these names. People call it the Dolphins, and they were called the Stingers.
Speaker 2: The Stingers. Yet the Opals sockery rooms, hockey roots, hooker burys.
Speaker 5: We should have kept the rules going for everything.
Speaker 2: It should be like, yes.
Speaker 3: Its roots, the land rooms, the air rooms for the bowl vault.
Speaker 2: Tonight, the Opals come up against the US women's basketball team, who are the single most dominant team in world sport. They have won fifty nine of their last games, fifty seven of them, they've won by double digits. They've won the last eight Olympics. The last time they lost was the year I was born nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Rio, those are heavy stats to be up against, aren't they.
Speaker 2: Don't you think there's anything special? Don't you think there's something special expectation on there? I think if there's ever going to be a team that can get it done, it's the Opals. It would be America's Cup level. It would be the guest underdog win. Maybe so we get Monday off. You're saying we should get a public if they win, public holiday.
Speaker 5: And any boss who doesn't.
Speaker 3: Name your bum bus on Monday bumbus Monday.
Speaker 5: We have the gold medal, matter where we got to still get the semi finals?
Speaker 3: Wow, do we have to fight then? And we beat them.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure who we'll be playing the finals, it hasn't been decided yet. But even if we beat.
Speaker 3: Michael Jordan space jam on space Jams, they.
Speaker 2: Literally are taking on the monsters and they've been called Mum's army. There.
Speaker 3: There's too much excitement right now that pressure's going to the roof.
Speaker 2: But watch that because it could be Seriously this weekend.
Speaker 3: I'm not sleeping this weekend.
Speaker 5: When is that real?
Speaker 2: That is on tonight Late to Night eleven thirty pm tonight.
Speaker 3: Great job setting up Rio. We are back Monday and join the games in Paris this weekend on stand. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 4: You're listening to The Question o'crl's Show podcast