Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcast playlist and listen live on the free I Heart app.
Speaker 1: Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning Rio, guys, Good morning, Alex Colin Morning, Come on.
Speaker 1: In, Patsy Morning, all right.
Speaker 2: Every Tuesday on the show, then we ask you how was your day yesterday? How did you start the week? Would you say you're a Monday winner or loser? Let us know which way and why? Text me four seventy five three one oh four three, Patsy, how did you start the week?
Speaker 1: Win or a loser?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: Not good.
Speaker 6: I'm afraid in the dodo quite literally. So Mum and Dad went out yesterday and they live very close by, They're like two streets away. And I got a hurried phone call from Mom.
Speaker 7: After the show yesterday.
Speaker 6: We've left the house and the cat, the cat has darted in the door and we didn't have time to get her out. You'll be home fairly soon. New plays pop up, get the cat out because they don't have kitty litter inside. Mom doesn't like kitty litters.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: She means we have to have kitty litter inside. He does poo outside when he goes up there. But it's foul. Yes, you know you're on a phone call or something like god.
Speaker 1: Wolf to the house.
Speaker 2: It carries that smell and you're like, it reminds me of like when I was a dad, when the girls were in nappies. But they're eighteen and twenty one now and so.
Speaker 1: Those hard days are over. But Larry keeps him alive. At the end of day.
Speaker 2: I went to see actually to the source of it, to deal with it. And actually, first of all, I stopped. I thought there was like a Huntsman spider in there. It appeared to have five limbs. I actually called my wife, but you've got to see what Larry's do. I need to really get her camera, get the cannon, bring the trip on.
Speaker 7: The nostrils, doesn't it It's just it's foul CATU.
Speaker 1: So your mum, I for yourself. The litter in the house.
Speaker 6: No, it doesn't like the litter in there, no idea. So you know, the cat's got a spice in the garden.
Speaker 2: Get all we have at that, right, because you know in homes you have to just cram stuff wekend and you don't want a cat litter tray out where.
Speaker 1: I call the public areas.
Speaker 2: Now it's not like I run out, but do you know what I mean? Your friends come around. I judge, I would judge friends. I'm like, bloody, how right in the kitchen. So it's in the utility room. But we've got one of those you know those clothes dryers. Yes, and they're all useless, aren't they? Es flimsy ass cramp, aren't they? They're like they can handle about a T shirt on one sot and then they're like, daddy long legs are this shell.
Speaker 1: So we've got one of those. It's under that.
Speaker 2: It's disgusting because I don't worry that he's going to do so it's going to waft off to my to my Bruce Lee T shirt.
Speaker 5: It definitely would the smell I feel like clothes aroma.
Speaker 2: Yes, you put that nice cuddly, frabbic condition of that. And then suddenly.
Speaker 1: Larry is bowling it out, bowling out from beneath with.
Speaker 7: His bum stench. Anyway, so I went up Tom and Mouth.
Speaker 6: I usually keep their key in my cinder compartment of my car, and then I've all always got it, only it's not there.
Speaker 1: I've lost it.
Speaker 7: I've lost their door key.
Speaker 2: By the way, I love the way you refer to that central consoleus your central compartment.
Speaker 1: You are higher since.
Speaker 5: Bouquet sometimes central comment.
Speaker 1: What do you have in your central compartments? What is in there?
Speaker 6: I've got my E tag and my E tag holder because I refuse to put it on the window.
Speaker 2: Brass knuckle dusters, yeah, stu, smoke grenades, bazooka, yeah, cannon, gatling gun, three rifles, and a hanggun, and.
Speaker 7: You forgot them.
Speaker 2: I thought that was in the boot though.
Speaker 1: You show me once before and you open up that boot.
Speaker 2: It's like John Wick's boots.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, yeah, all of the stuff repelling hooks as well.
Speaker 7: I brought him to the drive.
Speaker 6: I thought, oh, no, I don't. I don't have the key. I can't let the cat out if I don't have the key. And Mum certainly never leaves a window open, and like that just doesn't happen. So I had to leave the cat in anyway. A few hours later Mum rang she was home and she said, well, the smell just welcomed me.
Speaker 7: At the door. Jessica Fletcher had done a deposit. That's the cat.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought she was staying there when she's alive. I thought she passed away with how we mentioned that we've never heard of Jessica Fletcher other than the lady from her.
Speaker 1: She's obviously on a bit.
Speaker 2: She's lost control of the bowls to talk about on the radio show First Break.
Speaker 6: Anyway, she did a big one in the bathtub the cat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right now, I thought it took about your.
Speaker 8: Mom had a big old lunch.
Speaker 5: The door, the cat.
Speaker 6: At least she had the decency to put it in the bath tub so it was easy to clean.
Speaker 2: Jessica Fletcher. Yes, there's so many people confused about right now there's.
Speaker 1: Jimny casts stinking cat.
Speaker 7: So I it was probably my fault because I.
Speaker 1: Would have yeah nothing, Why did you take a key? You need the key?
Speaker 7: The key, I've got no idea where the key is.
Speaker 1: Oh, your mam would be upset by that. Divided.
Speaker 2: I was key, like lost that key. She was like locksmith out now and he can't trust people might get hold of that.
Speaker 7: It's like the holy grail, the house key.
Speaker 6: Yes, I remember Chris's dad once he barred him from having a house key because he lost to And he said, no, you can't be trusted with the house key.
Speaker 7: You're not getting another one. You've got to earn it back.
Speaker 1: Now I get that.
Speaker 2: I waited until the girls are about eighteen until I can trust him with that. The golden chalice that did the door key as well, How did they get into the house. Well, you're not Look it's not the violin.
Speaker 3: A Christian O'Connell shown podcast.
Speaker 1: You're a cat owner. I wonder if this is a thing.
Speaker 2: I'm a cat owner when sometimes they do like you said, Patsy, what them Jessica Fletcher, your mum and dad's cat did doing a poop in the bath. Larry does this sometimes, like I said, he has a litter tree.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: For some reason, there was a couple of months just having a shower, right, and suddenly was like, there's a smell of someone's in a dump in here.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: At first, I was like, oh, Sarah's I'm just wait, you know, I just don't have a peaceful shower and that it's not me, is it?
Speaker 1: Hang on? And then I saw Larry hopping out the bath.
Speaker 2: And I literally saw it, and like you, I was he knows, I mean having a shower, And then I had to quickly get out of there and deal with it, okay, And then I go to my Larry's has.
Speaker 1: Done a dump in the bath while I'm having a shower. No, why has he done? The show?
Speaker 2: And we went and looked at the litter tray. She went asked, because you haven't cleared the one in the liter trae what he needed? Clean little tray? He's punishing me? Why house in the house that I know I can ruin a shower right now. He will never make this mistake ever again. I would say I'm a Monday winner because yesterday evening I tried something that one of our lovely listeners recommended last week.
Speaker 1: Last week on the show.
Speaker 2: We were talking about cleaning dirty encrusted pots and pans, and it's that kind of top end of the town material that is got this show selected for national platform next year. And one of you said, the easiest way to deal with that, Christian is to get a dishwasher tablet, get some hot water, put it in the pan. Then at semmer for ten or fifty minutes, the encrusted bits around the side melts away. Yesterday I made a side perhaps you all love this of couliflower cheese yum. Oh my god, Maria, you've never heard of coliflower cheese. Oh, let me blow your mind, and dare I say, this is a way for all vegetables.
Speaker 1: To taste a lot better.
Speaker 2: You just coat them in cheese, put it in the oven in a pan and it melts. Instant vegetables that are yummy because they've got a cheesey source.
Speaker 5: For a five year old.
Speaker 2: Again, wake up that spirit of that young of five year old, you know, don't lose contact with it.
Speaker 1: Feed that in a child.
Speaker 2: I say, so, you made a side of coliflower cheese yesterday to go with some beef you haveving. But anyway, of course that's in the oven for like half an hour, forty minutes. Crusting, crusting, crusting, welding, welding, welding. I tried the dishwasher technique.
Speaker 1: It works. Ah, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Not just all just melts away all the kind of you know, the brown crusty bits that are welded to the side that it takes away, just scrubbing away with your scrub Daddy or your Chucks thing. It's the band was sparkling well like you yeah, Pats, Like.
Speaker 10: New house has taken on a whole new color. Like we were clear, and now it is a brown pan.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes? Does it have to be boiling water or just just hot water? Is simmering? Okay?
Speaker 2: I put it on the so I I uh, now you're asking I am a good follow up question. I bought a kettle put that in there, so it was already we're speeding up the whole process.
Speaker 1: I'm helping out the dirt. Yeah, yeah, your god, it was so pleasing.
Speaker 5: Yes, that would be very satisfying.
Speaker 2: Was this close to taking a photo of it? And thought the listeners who want to see what I filmed it? Actually, you're right, just filmed the whole thing. My kids be so disappointing. Dad, You've got a bigger career. You could be an influencer. Can really mundane? Boring shit? Are this that people your age get excited about? Because I'm willing I'm willing to bet there are people listening right now before and after how that man started, how it ended?
Speaker 1: All right, we listen.
Speaker 2: I'm going to make it up again on purpose this week. I'm gonna make Coddi flower cheese again.
Speaker 1: This week. I make sure I've filmed this whole cleaning process again.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian, good to hear you using the dishwasher tablet I told you about last week. Keith is claiming ownership Keith. About four other people have also messaged We're never going to find out Keith.
Speaker 1: Or Marie or Ann.
Speaker 2: It's also emailed good to hear you talking about that. I gave you Okay, people've all got now a great week? Claim to fame for later on today's show, Alex you a Monday or winning yesterday?
Speaker 1: How did you start the week? Mate? Are both really winner in that?
Speaker 11: My daughter she hates driving in tunnels, Evie, She's not a fan of them at all. She just thinks we're going to break down in one and she just freaks out.
Speaker 2: So you lived in Sydney for years and obviously the young kids. Yes, that is a heavily tunnel place.
Speaker 5: It really is.
Speaker 1: There's tunnels everywhere. You've got that big ass harbor and you've got to go on and go over it.
Speaker 11: Is it gonna leak when you're under the harbor? You know all that sort of stuff. The North connects. There's so many tunnels, but where you're to find one? In Melbourne? Do they do tunnels in Melbourne?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yes, the domain and.
Speaker 1: Tunnel.
Speaker 2: Yeah oh yeah, listen, I know you're only like five or six weeks since your time here, but you've not lived until you've done the Burnley Tunnel. Really, go and have a coffee our friends at Mercedes Ben's brick.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, pretty good. Huh.
Speaker 2: Don't always tipped our hat to the sponsors. So my mother in law used to have a chronic fear of tunnels, right, and she would always come away with us on European holidays. You go drive it anywhere in Europe. You're going to get from the airport to a hotel, you'll go through a tunnel. They've got massive mega mountains here all right around Europe, and so you would have to go through a tunnel. Some you're in there for twenty minutes to half an hour.
Speaker 1: You kicked, oh no, no, yeah, and you are you are? And they so I'd have the kids to mother in law that it'll be like.
Speaker 2: When taking to I'd like, any minute now, then we're going to see daylight. And I'm like, will we ever see day You know, when you're not nervous, and now the people start actually you start getting into their frequency. Whenever they go I am will we ever see daylight. And I'm thinking, what if this high car breaks down?
Speaker 1: What do we do? We've got a mother in law's terrified.
Speaker 2: She would have to close her eyes with her hands over eyes.
Speaker 1: Is it over yeah? Is it over there?
Speaker 2: And I'm looking at Google as we got another blame fifteen minutes so as I put the foot down, I got the cheap boss one.
Speaker 1: This is as quick as it's gonna go.
Speaker 11: It's when you need the batmobile and they go up the side of the Yes. Yeah, so it's it's terrifying. So that's a win for us.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Not that many tunnels here for young Ety. She's very happy about that. The loss, the Monday loser, the girls reckon. I tracked dog poo.
Speaker 2: So house, what a what a bad superpower? He's not marbles University.
Speaker 1: Isn't a bird. No, it's turn man. It's the worst smell.
Speaker 2: It's it's the smell and then how it gets in every millimeter and nan minimeter on you on the groove of your trainers.
Speaker 1: I know. But it was on my hand, Christian, on your hands.
Speaker 11: I had the basketball and I caught the basketball.
Speaker 1: And I just had it, and I'm like, I wanted to roll through a landmine.
Speaker 11: Must have rolled through a landmineself into our beach buggy, and it's found itself in my head.
Speaker 1: It's between my little finger and my No.
Speaker 5: No, you'll never be free of it.
Speaker 1: No No. From now on, a new nickname and poo hands. We're going out. We're going out for lunch Thursday. Do not part. Ask me the breadsticks, I'll get my.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Every week on the show, we play a game, what's the year? My friend?
Speaker 2: I asked the team, Rio taking on Alex taking on Patsy, the three of them trying to guess.
Speaker 1: You're playing along as well.
Speaker 2: Wherever you are right now, I talk about a movie or a TV show or a song. You've got to yes, how old it is? What year did it come out? Welcome to this week's what's the year?
Speaker 1: My friend?
Speaker 5: Do you know what they released? Free Willie? Was it eighty nine or nine three? Or when did title record?
Speaker 1: Life?
Speaker 5: Four brands? I'm not very good with taste. Does anybody?
Speaker 2: And they know?
Speaker 5: What's the year?
Speaker 12: Again?
Speaker 5: What's the year? My friend?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Rio, you ready to play?
Speaker 5: I'm ready?
Speaker 2: Alex Cold Spring Patsy Okay movie we begin with.
Speaker 1: Miss congeniality. Okay, yeah, that's why she put it in.
Speaker 2: I'll participating in, Sandra Bullock.
Speaker 10: I've seen this probably about thirty times, two older sisters, and they were obsessed with it.
Speaker 5: I'm pretty too many pratfalls.
Speaker 1: No, no, all to old pratfalls.
Speaker 10: Michael Kaye, Yes, Edo, Benjamin Brad Yes, Yes, I reckon two thousand.
Speaker 7: No, I'm going to say ninety four.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and four.
Speaker 2: Rio, you're on the nose exactly two thousand. You love this movie, don't you.
Speaker 13: MACA bloody obsessed.
Speaker 2: Bloody obsessed, bloody obsess mates, and do you know what the ratingers are? Rotten Tomatoes forty one percent. You got to get on there. You've got to get on there.
Speaker 5: It's a great movie that upsets me.
Speaker 2: The reason why this was in after the show yesterday that was about with the team meeting me and the producers, and I'm not joking, Pats. About half the time was Caitlin's talking about Sancho Bullock.
Speaker 1: Nothing to do with the show. We were talking about.
Speaker 2: You know yesterday we were talking about you saw someone famous, you didn't want to disturb them.
Speaker 1: You saw Penderbury over the weekend.
Speaker 2: You didn't want to disturb It was in the market with his family and we had an email from someone who walked past Raphinadell. They didn't want to disturb them, and then they thought, maybe she's going quick to get a photo. We're never going to see him again, had he gone through a secret doorway at the Crown. So Kayline was trying to tell us that actually she would play it cool if she ever walked past Songra Bullet way.
Speaker 1: There's no way.
Speaker 2: There's too much excitement in you anyway, add Songra Bullet to that, there's no way you may never see her again.
Speaker 14: To be honest, I would try to respect her because I love her so much, But I think she would be the only human in this world that if I physically saw her in my presence, I would probably faint, cry or do something a bit obscure.
Speaker 2: Cool. Yeah, yeah, yeah, she didn't have to attend to you, and then you're just some crazy Loo fan and that's all she remember you as see, that's why I wanted to play bloody upsessed, That's what he be able to say.
Speaker 1: And then you start foaming at the mouth and hit the deck.
Speaker 5: Bloody upset. You are a mate.
Speaker 14: That's why I wanted to play it cool, because I want her to be my friend.
Speaker 1: So playing it oh my god, you sound.
Speaker 5: Like a loony restraining order out.
Speaker 2: Excuse me. Let's go to another movie. Now, Men in Black, great movie.
Speaker 7: I'm going to say for news about ninety eight ninety nine.
Speaker 5: You need Yeah, we do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how quiz this works.
Speaker 7: I'm going to go rogue and say ninety seven.
Speaker 1: Wow, we have our winner.
Speaker 2: Wow, you're tuning it in ninety seven, ninety eight, ninety seven and scaresty rating on Rotten Tomato ninety one percent, fifty percent.
Speaker 1: Higher than Sandra B. Will Smith's Heyday.
Speaker 2: Yes, Timmemer in the nineties. He was one of the biggest starts in the nineties. Yes, he did two back to act number one movies, all coming out on the fourth of July. He had Independence Day in ninety six, followed up exactly a year later with Men in Black in nineteen ninety seven. All right, now we go to music. What year for Whitney Houston?
Speaker 1: I want to dance with somebody. I mean, you're in a ten year window.
Speaker 5: So ninety four, no, no, two, no.
Speaker 7: No, I'm gonna say eighties I'm gonna say eighty.
Speaker 2: Nine eighty seven, huge, big number one from nineteen eighty seven. All right, now we're going to go to one of what was for many years until they ruined it the last season and a half.
Speaker 1: Lost. Loved this TV show and.
Speaker 2: Then it all fell apart towards here but a brilliant, brilliant TV show.
Speaker 10: So the first year it came out, yes, mid two thousand's for sure.
Speaker 5: Oh five, I'm going to go No eight, No, no you two.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and four.
Speaker 2: Oh groundbreaking to miserable old theme. It was buzzkill, buzz kill on the rep show. It was absolutely massive. I remember years later meeting the producer and writer of it. I said, I listen, I loved Lost Wippen At the end, he goes, we only we in American TV. You don't you only you make a show and you think you never know if he's going to get renewed. It became too popular. We had an idea that we thought, if this goes really well, we've got three seasons, six seasons goes. We literally weren't making up at the end when it showed me that purgatory episode at the.
Speaker 10: End, it shows if you stuff up a season finale.
Speaker 5: It ruins your entirely.
Speaker 2: You're right, I now see it. They're a different sort of filter. But for years I loved that show. It's a brilliant show. All right, let's go back to music again, Brianna and Jay z Umbrella error error huge hip.
Speaker 1: But what was the year, my friend?
Speaker 10: What was the year minded my early nightclubbing days?
Speaker 5: I'm going to say eight?
Speaker 8: Nope, twelve, nope, ten no, two thousand and seven, two thousand and seven, Yeah, all right, last one TV show?
Speaker 1: What a TV show? Oh? He wants to buzz in name that show by watch?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, why are you touching yourself? As you said that? That was that poo head as well? Only one who's got right this morning?
Speaker 15: Rio?
Speaker 1: That's his safe word? Half half?
Speaker 2: Is it mid Chhof?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 2: Nineteen eighteen nine, nineteen eighty nine?
Speaker 1: Four? Is it that old? I thought it was like mid ninety.
Speaker 7: Helps the Australian in it?
Speaker 2: Yeah that It was canceled off just one season on NBC, but David Haushoff and the producers revived it independently and sold it to another network. I didn't know that the iconic slow motion beach runs were invented because they were cheap to shoot and.
Speaker 1: Help fill time.
Speaker 3: Oh maybe you.
Speaker 2: Know what, towards the end of the week, maybe a little snow moll on a Friday would have killed the show.
Speaker 1: The drums are at the end.
Speaker 11: I love it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I used to love this show.
Speaker 2: It was just such popcorn TV Jimmy years ago. This would have been like two thousand and three, two thousand and four. David Haushoff was in London for six months performing in a West End play and I was doing a breakfast show in London on a station. I guess it would be like the size of tiple J and his agent had said he wouldn't do an interview with me. He's only doing top end shows. And I was like, there's no way. The agents asked him, right, they just do this. They go no, No, they would have seen yours and signs.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 2: So I said to my listeners, right, I said, someone is going to see David Hasshoff because he's in the city, he's living here.
Speaker 1: You will see him. Okay.
Speaker 2: If you see him, just ask him to call Christian between six to nine. Within three days, the half called injure in the show. Wow, it was like, Christian, what do you want everywhere I'm going? I had to get at my Simon card top to up. Yes, say you gotta call Christian. Apparently you do don't do bottom end interviews. And then he goes, I'm in a London taxi right now. The driver said, we're not going anywhereuntil you call Christian. Half called in did an interview from the back of a London taxi for twenty minutes. What a funny dude. Proper crazy, I mean really really crazy.
Speaker 11: But you had great fun in Europe too, because he's a singer, he's an entertainer.
Speaker 1: He sings very well.
Speaker 2: He's the biggest start in Germany for the reason no other country loves him more than Germany.
Speaker 1: And he sang at the collapse of the Berlin Wall.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's artists that performed there, an iconic moment in that country's history.
Speaker 1: And David Hausehoff is the man they call.
Speaker 3: In Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Big Breaking News, the shisn't it is coming? That's right, kids, be excited. Grandpa's Snoop Dogg is coming to Australia.
Speaker 1: Which means weeks and weeks of.
Speaker 2: Stations like three Aws scratching their heads on air, going why it's not really what I would call a traditional lot.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's exciting.
Speaker 5: I hope he does a collab with a Jimmy Barr.
Speaker 12: The chisn'n Its and Brady to Oh my god, yes, yes, And also do you know what Snoop Dogg right, who's coming now at his official doing the Grand Final?
Speaker 2: Did a brilliant job for NBC as there, did a great job at the Olympics last year chat to the athletes, doing his alternative commentary. Two or three years ago, the UFC hired him to be a very alternative commentator. That didn't quite work for USC fights. There was just too much pausing and with a lot of sort of someone who was inhaling, so I get the feeling he was doing it his basement or his crib at home, and there wasn't enough of him talk about the action.
Speaker 1: But he did a great job.
Speaker 2: I tell you what they're well worth doing as part of his dealer's not just sing is that then he should go and you should like pay extra money on KO I were paying some money to hear his commentary off the Grand Final.
Speaker 5: Snoop and BT Yeah, oh, my god.
Speaker 2: Wow, yes, let's let's let's get some money real, let's make that happen.
Speaker 1: We can bring them in a studio roaming in the change.
Speaker 2: Then more players, I think, would actually want to talk to the interview.
Speaker 5: That's it's snoop, isn't ducking you?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: We've got the news is more coming up next? And they were doing small thing, big rage small if conven your spleen now thirteen fifty five twenty two, give us a call. What small thing drives you, mad Patsy?
Speaker 1: What's it for you?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I hate the cords on those public pins. So the pins that if you can find one at your local bank branch or your post office. I'm left handed, they are always anchored to the right of where I want to ride.
Speaker 2: I never would have thought of that, because yeah, I'm the right hand quite sort of.
Speaker 1: You never thought about retraining just to make it easier full left handed? It's just the U I have a special one just for you. Why couldn't you go around the other side of the desk.
Speaker 6: No, I just would like them just to do one or two where they're anchored from the left side of the desk, because what happens is and I got this at the bank yesterday. I had to sign a form and so of course I pull it.
Speaker 1: If you pension on your soup or something, Nana.
Speaker 7: Thank good on you.
Speaker 6: I pull it across and it just kind of went like just pulled stiff tight halfway it. So I had to sort of shimmy over and then I had to sort of like turn the paper kind of horizontally. It was really just odd, and I was sort of shouldered to shoulder with the next customer at the at the window, and I thought.
Speaker 7: That's just really weird. Can you just like just do a few just us?
Speaker 1: Those pens in the bank they barely work either. They've always run out.
Speaker 6: I think if you can find one, I think they had like one or two. They don't have pens anymore.
Speaker 10: But yeah, even though people still a went to the bank and were using the heads and storms, I don't think I've been into a physical banking.
Speaker 1: Doc you sign and all of that. Now, Yeah, they don't want you going in there, and they show you.
Speaker 2: Away that they have like some young person and who asks you like, what do you want here?
Speaker 1: Well, something doing my money? What's it to your business? What do you want here? Just hanging around.
Speaker 2: Here with a clipboard and they still go all right to stand out. No, no, I've been coming in the bank about forty years before you were born, child, Christian O'Connell show on podcast. Sorry, I was still just startled by the detail and alex of sports news there about the AFL player grabbing another aggressively grabbing another player's backside, snoop, have.
Speaker 1: You have you signed that contract? Listen?
Speaker 2: Go online, google it mate, YouTube some games. It's rough here they're grabbing ass. Now, this is not the weirdest thing, though, it's very strange. I saw the other footage yesterday and because I want to find out what the story was, that's my story to my wife, and I was like a f L backside show, Sarah.
Speaker 5: These players are wearing any clothes.
Speaker 1: And it was strange.
Speaker 3: Heat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he does so much his backsides.
Speaker 5: He did.
Speaker 2: He gives him pinch or you know, Gord, we used to do that, really grabbed it in there, give it a little. You know, it's nasty and in real time it's very quick, but when they slow it down, it's like, oh.
Speaker 1: He's not nice to see that. Not nice to see Rugby league they used to do that. Rugby. They used to do that.
Speaker 2: Yes, there was an England international that once told me it used to be a prop. See right the front of the scrub there and he would put fingers, eyes, backside thumbs.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, just tactics.
Speaker 2: Intimidating, intimidating and unwelcome in the AFL.
Speaker 1: Grabbing a person's backside. You're right on the oval in the office at home, ruin it out.
Speaker 2: They need to do a campaign stop grabbing ass enjoy the game.
Speaker 1: Okay, Nick Blakey ass play not allows.
Speaker 2: I don't run the AFL. But that's have those Those are free, You're welcome. Small thing, big rage, have your backside, aggressive bi grabs, buying an AFL player.
Speaker 1: All right, So small things, big rage? What's it for you, Sig Christian?
Speaker 2: Small thing big rage for me is when you ring a phone company, they put you on the hold and you get that constant annoying message saying your call is important to us. Shane in Sydney, Cameron Christian. Small thing, big rage. When you hear a squeak or small rattle in the car, you can never seem to find it.
Speaker 1: It's so annoying you're not going to take them the garish. They're looking like it's a squeak.
Speaker 2: We can't seem to find a problem in the cars running fine, Cameron. That's a great when you can text in what does your small thing big rage? Someone saying there small thing big range is when I think of something good for this feature, Christian, and then when it comes around, I've forgotten what made me angry the other day. And you're not hanging on to Brody. That's good in a way. Okay, be happy texting the rest of it if you've got small thing big rage? Oh four seventy five O three one oh four three for me today, I've ordered something online right and now I'm getting NonStop emails about what's happening to the flipping package consists?
Speaker 1: Okay, what are you in attention seeking? Toddler?
Speaker 2: Just show up at my door. I've had five emails. Just stood at the depot.
Speaker 1: It's ready. I was so exciting, isn't it? Me? And you? You can't ready be a big trip.
Speaker 5: It's ridiculous. Everything it's just been picked up a dispatch?
Speaker 1: Is it greatous? Do your job? You probably here right now. If you went so long finding my email and boring me, hasn't left the depot.
Speaker 2: It's almost ready getting ready for dispatch. Joel was off sick yesterday. Hopefully hose Ach can cover a shift today. Let me know how it all works out.
Speaker 10: And now whoever you bought it from, you're also going to get for the next Month's all random, their company, the experience, so bloody needy.
Speaker 1: There you go, there's my review ware. You too, needy? Just do your job. How do you know what's going on in a depot? Oh, it's ol A delivery should be today.
Speaker 2: Maybe tomorrow between a two thousand hour window.
Speaker 1: Real? What's your small thing? Big rage?
Speaker 10: You're at the bar or the pub. It's busy, you're lining up, you get to the front. Some guy comes up next to you, after you. The bartender looks at both of you.
Speaker 1: Who is it?
Speaker 10: He is obligated to do the side ways nod to say, hey, he was here first.
Speaker 5: He doesn't do it.
Speaker 2: Flog behavior, flock, no, no it is. I don't care who you are and what you've done. That is disgusting. You know what you've done and they know they do that thing when someone doesn't let you out into traffic where they just look dead ahead. I can't have done anything because I can't see anything there, and you've got proof revision. You don't need to be an hour to see me.
Speaker 10: You know, the bartender has a very busy job. He can't see.
Speaker 5: But I was here first. It's un Australian.
Speaker 2: But you put again what you feeled. If you do that right, how much better you feel When they were here first?
Speaker 1: They look at you.
Speaker 2: People always say thank you. You're slightly inconvenience. You could have been a flog here, but you said to me, I'm not a flog. And both of you feel good by this exchange. You're saying, there's so another stranger. I see you, even though I don't know you. I respect that you were here before me. You have your drink before I get that. You feel so good you bond.
Speaker 1: Indeed, aggressive ass grab you'll know that.
Speaker 5: The p and someone just grabbed.
Speaker 1: Knock it out. What's it for you? And it's a small thing, big race when.
Speaker 11: You're in a playground with small kids.
Speaker 2: And what you're doing in the playground anyway with my two Oh right, okay, sorry, hang around there at lunch someme after the.
Speaker 11: Show selling watches No well, I promise with my children, I'm in the playground and I'm at the swing and I put my child on the swing and we've only just started. And then a parent comes up and stands there next to you with their child.
Speaker 1: Passively aggressively like some dangerous dat.
Speaker 11: We just got here, We just got on the swing. Come on, just give us like five minutes. They need lifeguards.
Speaker 2: Because then there some guys they blow up for some kind of incursion and hey, come on, they've only been on there a couple of minutes.
Speaker 1: To make it fair.
Speaker 11: And then they'll say, I don't worry that they'll be finished soon, darling. They'll be off in a minute.
Speaker 2: Set the precious franchise feelings.
Speaker 1: Of Little Betty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, little Billy.
Speaker 1: It's always Little Betty, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Get off their mates some future CEO so annoying, So just just back off.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: You're a keen sportsman. You have been sent off free.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what.
Speaker 10: I've actually been stunned out for something I had no idea was illegal. There was a guy I was playing against that doesn't matter. From Penrith is a Western Suburbs team, which actually might be important. He had platted Ponytail that went all the way down to his bottom, so it was a really long ponytail and he was running away from me playing footy.
Speaker 5: I grabbed.
Speaker 2: No, come on, just two minutes ago you're talking about us grabbing in the AFL.
Speaker 1: But I mean I didn't, can't do that.
Speaker 2: But it was below his should shade him because he's from Penrith.
Speaker 10: It was below his shoulders and so I thought, well, what's what's you know?
Speaker 3: You knew?
Speaker 1: Come on just because he was out running.
Speaker 10: Show me in the rule book where you can't grab someone's ponytail.
Speaker 2: Competitive, Wow, you do what you gotta do exactly, Katelyn.
Speaker 1: You ever been sent off?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 13: Yes I have.
Speaker 14: Just last year was the first time in my whole sporting career that I was ever sent.
Speaker 13: Off a field.
Speaker 1: We'll be you playing. What are you doing?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 14: I played touch football and it was local park touch just here in Melbourne at Princess Park and we were defending on the line and we'd got two penalties against us for being offside and then the third penalty again for offside and supposedly after that happens and I played touch my whole life, you get sent off? But he thought I was a person that was offside and I wasn't and I was trying to tell him it wasn't me, and he said, if you do not get off this field, I will send you off for the whole season.
Speaker 1: Too much power for some people.
Speaker 13: Then that did my head and I was like, hat.
Speaker 7: Did She's still fired up.
Speaker 13: I stayed on the field for like five minutes yelling at this.
Speaker 1: Guy and time.
Speaker 2: Eventually you'll get the phone COO I got yesterday from my eighteen year old daughter Lois. She goes, I knew she was playing netball yesterday, right, and she's at University of Melbourne. She's in a team there. She's ga okay. And I texted her earlier going hey, how'd you go on?
Speaker 1: Did you win or lose? She caused me to go and yeah, look look we.
Speaker 2: Lost, and went all right, how do you go? Sixty sixty something?
Speaker 1: Too? Went? You got two? I'm that's it gets picked. This story gets bigger than this. I'm like, what you Then we go? You know you're not at university studying that. It's a it's a fun thing.
Speaker 2: I came not exactly, King Richard, you know my kids been good at tennis. When going baler Rat's a long wed ago for a tournament this weekend.
Speaker 1: Skip it? Okay?
Speaker 2: So anyway, she goes, No, no, that's not the big part. Dad, I got sent off, went, I didn't know anyone got sent off in netball?
Speaker 1: What did you get sent off? Swearing? Swearing? She takes after her mother.
Speaker 2: Can I say, I'm a professional broadcaster, I have a clean mouth swearing?
Speaker 1: What are we doing swearing? She goes, Well, the umpire was very chummy with the other team. Okay.
Speaker 2: I was like, hey, how you doing, Marie and all this, and they were getting a lot of very fair calls, and I just said, this isn't right. And then I started swearing, and the that's it. Ga Off took off her bib that said gare on the floor.
Speaker 1: Oh no, go it properly? Do it? Probably like that? Oh wit get in. I'm sure that's what you should be saying with that. But that's the kind of dad you got.
Speaker 5: Get in well, good honor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I didn't know in netball you swear.
Speaker 5: Can't swear?
Speaker 2: At that end of the day, the game one, there was inequality, and she spoke up, yeah she did.
Speaker 5: She rose apart.
Speaker 2: She said, daddy was so unfair it's a righteous issue.
Speaker 1: She turned a righteous issue.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We got to take calls about why do you get sent off? This in the car just talking about My eighteen year old daughter rang me yesterday. She's away at our University of Melbourne.
Speaker 1: On the Monday.
Speaker 2: She plays netbull and she said, Dad, we lost on like sixty to two. She's GA and she said, I also got sent off. Get sent off for swearing? Just sent off a swearing Christian. I've been thrown off a netwle court for glaring at the umpire. What apparently my resting competitive face is now a crime like rio. I'd like to know where this rule is in the raw book that comes from Nicole. So if you've been sent off, you've got a story about it, please let us know. We've had hair putting, swearing and now glaring the wrong way at an umpire.
Speaker 1: Give me a call.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Why did you get sent off? You've got a story? Give me a call. Thirteen fifty five, twenty two.
Speaker 2: My eighteen year old daughter yesterday sent off for swearing the middle of the day in a nettle game. GA threw off the gabib. Wow, Christian's small thing big great. I know you've moved on. I have Debbie, but it's okay. I'll let you have this one. Linked chocolate doesn't break on the lines. What we need a raw commission.
Speaker 1: This is huge. When was this in the news.
Speaker 7: I've never had trouble with my link, not at all.
Speaker 1: Maybe just got a rogue one.
Speaker 2: We need to go to a supermarket, buy some get a focused sample range.
Speaker 1: Maybe of Linz.
Speaker 5: As like a cost cutting exercise.
Speaker 10: They've made it a less of a deep Indeed, it's not.
Speaker 7: As deep chocolate bar.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I don't want to be smirch the Link family name. Let's just presume that this was a rogue one first of all. Okay, all right, so why have you been sent off? Have you ever been sent off?
Speaker 1: At it? You strike me as someone who plays clean.
Speaker 11: Oh no, I did get sent off once for ten minutes though I was simponed. Oh yeah, I wasim min Yeah for fighting in rugby union fighting. I got I got, yeah, I got really hid in the stomach, and it really winded me, and I got really upset about it. And this guy had been just in my ear all day, just just trying to get me off my game and I and I crumbled and I just lost it and we.
Speaker 1: We we came in my mind sort of whin meeling in. Yeah, none of them connected.
Speaker 2: This at burst of flailing arms and the reference we both said both were yeah, and we.
Speaker 1: We sort of chatted afterwards and which your hands. That's a very Rugby union way to rugby.
Speaker 11: Yes, yeah, just get just go and have ten minutes in the band, settled out and come back when you.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised with that aggression of vine is you're get signed up to go to the other code of n r L, but ed with your with your love of fighting them and going to play for n r L where that's positively encouraged. It's fine. Yeah, now Rio, you found a couple of other reasons why people have been sent off.
Speaker 10: Yes, During a twenty sixteen World Cup qualifier, this is in soccer, bosni is eden Zecho dacked one of the Greek players meaning he.
Speaker 1: Just know what that is, We all know what that is, yanked.
Speaker 10: Down his shorts walking fast and then short I don't know, it's like a bit of a joke, got sent off. And then there was a Swedish player who got sent off straight away for a second offense of farting too close to the referee.
Speaker 1: Probably had some of those Swedish meatballs.
Speaker 10: My tear.
Speaker 1: They can repeat, they are very nice. Go straight through it. How we got here? We got Sharon here, Come on it.
Speaker 16: Sharon, good morning. How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good Sharon? So why did you get sent off? What happened?
Speaker 16: Well, there's two stories, Christian. The first one, when I used to play hockey, I was quite an aggressive player. Who isn't With a stick in your hand, you can hit people. And I got hit in the leg and I profaned in Danish. I can speak Danish, and next minute the whistle blue. And he would have thought that the umpire, with only a country of four million people, would speak Danish. I had a Danish umpire.
Speaker 1: What odds empire? I mean, it's massive in Europe hockey as well. They're very good at it.
Speaker 16: Yes, and what I said was quite disgusting. And when I used to play netball, I was a gold defender and I'm not particularly tall, so I used any advantages I could, and my trick was to eat garlic bread. So when you people, well, so when you're defending you have the strict in front of the players and got picked off by.
Speaker 2: So yeah.
Speaker 16: Yes, yeah, it was pretty good and it would also sulfing your skin as well.
Speaker 2: Were we what an incredible turn of phraser had that? I profaned in Danish. We have high level listeners like Sharon sharing two great stories there.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much to give us a call. No, thank you, have a great day.
Speaker 2: Thank you and you Sharon Kat. Why do you get sent off? Welcome to the show.
Speaker 15: Good morning. I got sent off the knitball courts for using the lord's name in Vain.
Speaker 1: Were you playing in a religious league?
Speaker 15: No, I was playing for Corio.
Speaker 16: It's very.
Speaker 2: A team of non believers. I'm playing for the atheist today. We're taking all the believers.
Speaker 1: Oh cat, that's a great one. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show Gone Podcast.
Speaker 2: If you've got a story about a cat or a dog, we want to hear it. We're trying to work out by the end of this week, which of the two cats or dogs give us the better stories. At the moment it is the cats. You can call me thirteen fifty five twenty two figure ouse. We've got runny to spend at Swaggle visits Swaggle dot com, dot au the too Easy pet store making pet Parrington too easy.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get into it.
Speaker 10: Chats first dogs, it's pause verse clause chats.
Speaker 2: Burst Dogs, it's bets at wool Chats, burst dogs.
Speaker 5: Give Christian a car.
Speaker 2: At the moment, cats have the edge. Based on day one yesterday.
Speaker 17: I was doing a project in my backyard, beautiful sunny day. I logged into the car auctions. Five minutes into the project, a phone call from the auctioneer saying, I'm just confirming your bit on that Honda CRV, and I said, no, I haven't been on anything. Check the computer again and there's an invoice for twenty five thousand dollars. Turn around and I'll see my son's cat walking on the keyboard of computer.
Speaker 9: My mother in law, she.
Speaker 15: Was going on a holiday.
Speaker 2: That's all gone.
Speaker 4: The cats are really ill. So they come back from the holiday thinking, oh my goodness, this is it. The vet cord and said that the cat had faked a heart attack, and they've never seen anything like this before.
Speaker 2: I must have told eight people about that story yesday about a cat faking a heart attack. It's one of the most amazing stories I've ever heard. It's like someone out.
Speaker 1: A movie, a car going towards the light. Garfield's going to What Lord is it my time?
Speaker 2: Please come back from your holiday right now? You know what I feel sorry for The dog doesn't get a replay still yesterday about a dog who detected cancer, and you cold dead eyed producers rub out the dog that detected cancer.
Speaker 1: Someone's alive because of a dog. It doesn't make it through to the reaper.
Speaker 2: Wow, wee producers, get ready, Come on, guys, that is cold all right. I had some great emails that came in yesterday after the show.
Speaker 1: Christian.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you about Gizmo. This comes with Gowning. He was a Pomeranian cross Chihuahua and the most amazing little guy you've ever met. Gizmo would bark at my daughter Cassie to get ready for school.
Speaker 1: Wow, dog nanny.
Speaker 2: He always knew that she would be late, so he took a blow himself to hurry her up. Later on, he got a job at Kmart. Sorry, she got John at Kmart and he would do the same thing. I said, say good one, Camar for giving gizm my job. Just a bark at customers if they're looking up there steaming anything ro for that back. This is an amazing one from Matt Christian. When I was a teenager, I was awoken one morning before school by my mum who announced that our dog, Kelly a jack Russell, had murdered our cat, Uspers. She rang all the neighbors and told them to lock up the cats because Kelly, our jack Russell, was indeed a murderer. Mom went to and at the time she worked in a supermarket as a checkout chick, and cried all day at work when anyone purchased count or dog Field dog food, and when anywhere near the pet food are I went to school thinking our dog had killed our camp. Then arrived home from school and was busy in the kitchen cooking dinner. Then all of a sudden, Pusspuse brackets the murder cap jumped up on the window.
Speaker 1: Still for a.
Speaker 2: Second, I thought I was seeing the ghost of Puspose, but then realized, no, that actually is Puspus Adam Hayover, So we decided to go down to look at where Mum had apparently buried puss Puse. We dug up the grave and found that Mum had buried a small ringtail possum.
Speaker 1: Puspus lives.
Speaker 2: Oh God, poor Kelly, wrongly accused as a murderer. Bring those neighbors and say Kenny's innocent. He's an innocent jack ross. So we wouldn't kill Puspus.
Speaker 7: He was pardoned.
Speaker 2: My mum also Christian. You would love my mum one occasion, asked my dad if we could adopt a blind horse she saw in the local paper. We lived on a small on the smallest block, but definitely not big enough for a horse. However, called him mum's theory. Because the horse was blind, it wouldn't see how big the backyard was.
Speaker 5: Oh you're in beautiful part.
Speaker 1: Where will you go today? If you really do have to lay that horse to order?
Speaker 2: Ah, Matt, very very funny emails, And in this one from Tony about the legend that is Munchkin Christian, where do I start? We brought Munchkin as a kitchen in two thousand and seven, not realizing he spent nights terrorizing the neighborhood mafia style. As the years went on and little to our knowledge, Munchkin used to get out at night terrorizing their neighborhood Between the late twenty thirteen early twenty fourteen, the council impounded him four times one hundred and fifty dollars a pop.
Speaker 1: And never revealed to us where or how they caught him.
Speaker 2: And then on the twenty fourth of twenty fourteen April, everything changed. My wife's Nastali cool to say, we've received as training order from white Horse Council. If Munchkin entered a neighbour's house, he'd be seized and find soon the media came calling, of course, on ANZAC Day, Madeline Slattery from nine News interviewed my wife Natalie and our kids and hopefully Munchkin exclusive plus a neighbor we'd never met, finally revealing who'd been calling the bound that night. We were the lead story after all the ANZAC coverage.
Speaker 1: The story blew up.
Speaker 2: Nine news facebook page lit up with the accusations that we were irresponsible owners from all the Karens.
Speaker 1: Fair enough.
Speaker 2: The following day it was debated on TV again. Munchkin passed away peacefully in June twenty twenty, probably taken out by the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Under Betty Start.
Speaker 2: The cats are winning this at the moment, they are just edging it.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian, I got sent on from being square lug umpire in low grade cricket for not paying attention. Christian, I'm not sure there's is a point four against cats. My cat has tried to kill me a few times. The last one I call was waking up the middle of night to the bone chining tick of the gas stove.
Speaker 1: Not being pushed in. I don't even have any postboy men. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Ran out to see him sitting on the stove. He knew what he was doing. Yeah, wow, you could have set the whole house on fire.
Speaker 1: How was a warning shot?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: We're doing cats for us as dog stories this week. Which animal is going to give us the better stories? You can call him with yours prices for the better ones brilliant online pet store Swaggle dot com. We got money to spend there for your animals. Thirteen fifty five, twenty two. A cat is on the line, A lady, good cat with a dog story. Good morning, Good morning cat, welcome for the show.
Speaker 15: Thank you. We had a blue heeler Harty who jumped out of our car window at one hundred and ten. K's on the Hume Highway. Wow, looked everywhere. Came back after the weekend, thought while we'll stop at this farm, check as if they've seen her. And here comes Heidi trotting around the corner. No injuries and lived to be twenty three years old.
Speaker 2: They are the dogs that made Australia. They are strong animals. Wow, that is incredible. How many keys are you doing?
Speaker 15: One hundred and ten? Sorry?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Kat, thank you very much for your dog story. Thanks on the show. Have a good day, hikey Joeanne, good morning, welcome to the show.
Speaker 9: Yeah, hi, I've got a dog story about my great day.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what did it do?
Speaker 9: She did CPR to get her puppy back to life. Yeah, so the puppy was born and not breathing, and she licked and did all the things that trying to stimulate breathing, and she picked it up in her mouth and did heart massage with her out and tongue, and the puppy survived and lived to about nine or ten year old.
Speaker 1: That is incredible.
Speaker 2: And that is a big old mouth we put into bed.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I don't even I don't think I know how to do up.
Speaker 2: We need to, No, we really do because there's no there's no other like first aids in this team aren't there's none of us, Kitlin, You know, do you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I know first date. I did it growing up because I was, oh.
Speaker 2: Great, it's changed in any way now you know they had the updated every year.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I know, but the last time.
Speaker 2: Also, and not being funny, your child is like a Swiss army knife.
Speaker 1: You told us once.
Speaker 2: By the age of fifteen, you've written two thousand articles in the local paper. You know, so that and you know we've got Florence nineteen go on the team.
Speaker 5: Well, how long ago did you do the training?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Five years ago was the most recent training that I did.
Speaker 2: We should all be doing it because what if you're off sick or what if you drop. Yes, I'm suddenly interviewing Sandra Bullock and you crash, choking, frothing at the mouth on the floor. I'm like, good God, Sandy, b hang on a minute, I'm got to go go and revive Caitlin.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you have to say sorry school, right, I.
Speaker 2: Have to say sorry, And I just want to say something. Two hours ago on the show on air, Klin, you were telling me that if if you ever met Undra Bullock. You'll be cool, calm and collected. You just said it's not stuck off. Oh well, that's bad news for all. Actually, it's not bad news the show. It's not really stuck on.
Speaker 1: Is it.
Speaker 5: It's really stuck on, the worst.
Speaker 2: Person on the show to have that stuck on.
Speaker 1: No, No, I've managed to turn off.
Speaker 2: So you want about Sandra Bullock now it remains private between you and sad. Alrighty, where were we Let's go now to to Kathy Kathy, Good morning, Good morning, Christian, Good morning Kathy.
Speaker 1: All right, cat versus dog stories? What have you got?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 4: Absolutely dog. We had me and my ex partner had two dogs, which we'd always take shopping. We'd use the train ticket to the shops. One day I couldn't go and he couldn't handle both dogs, so he took his dog, Glassie, did the shopping, sat at the train station, and a guy approached him, patting the dog, and said, you will never believe what I saw. You know, as I got on the train, there was this dog. It got on the train by itself. It sat next to the door. One station later, the doors opened, the dog got off. Nobody knew whose dog it was. He sat there thinking, you know, my dog, as in my dog was a safe in the backyard. But then he looked up across the tracks and there she was, zena, my dog had escaped the yard, ran to the train station.
Speaker 1: Train probably yeah, go see a different suburb.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, and it was a miracle that somebody opened up the door for her, because she got up at the right station and waited there. He looked across and she was wagging a tail, like I found you, daddy.
Speaker 5: That's amazing.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 1: Andy Lee told me a similar story.
Speaker 2: He said he once saw a dog get on a train and then patiently wait three stops and then just get off. Was just taking itself off for a walk somewhere all bin for a walk and was just going back home. So it was just like a dog bite it up. But it knew was looking out for which stops the right one, like somehow it knew. If you got any more stories about cats versus dogs thirteen fifty five twenty two, it's going to go and checking on producicating.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Yesterday on the show, I was flagging up the most underwhelming event in the calendar is Father's Day. I say this as a dad. It doesn't get anywhere near the fuss moms do. People seem to get irritated that it's even a thing. I'm saying this because I said to my wife the wee came when we were swapping like diary dates.
Speaker 1: You know, it's not so much ADMIN in a relationship. We got that in.
Speaker 2: And I said, hey, bubba, way, don't forget in September it's back Father's Day. And she's, oh, bloody hell, not again this thing. Oh my almost a year.
Speaker 1: I didn't even say this about Mother's Day. Celebrity dads.
Speaker 2: Can't carve out an hour you have for lunch yourself, and there's that big a deal, say.
Speaker 1: One day out of many hundreds of.
Speaker 10: The year, whole day maybe half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And you look at you've got a book weeks before from Mother's Day lunch.
Speaker 1: Dad. It isn't that walking on it all drive through.
Speaker 2: We'll just eat a home, That's what my wife was like, would always eat a home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why would we book anything?
Speaker 11: And get this, my wife's birthday is always really close to Mother's Day?
Speaker 1: Of course. Yeah, so I've got the double whammy.
Speaker 2: There's only one person getting wammied and that's Father's Day. It is a non event. It is, isn't it. You think about like the acreage you get off cars for mum and rightly so dads is dumped by the tills in the supermarkets. It's that lonely stand by the trolleys and those dodgy local adverts for piano tuders, lone guitar.
Speaker 1: But the little tester with the phone number.
Speaker 2: There's like two choices of cards as the wooden tennis racket one an old racing car or an old leathery sheriff.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: That's all they know about this mysterious man who sits in the corner mumbling cool dad. So I was talking about this yesterday and Peratsy's husband the warrib love God, Chris, a fellow dad has sent me this what a dad won't. No, we didn't send me that. I thought that God's lead to yesterday. It lives on Christian.
Speaker 18: I heard you're talking about Father's Day yesterday. Thanks for bringing it up, because Pat seems to listen to you every time I try to.
Speaker 1: Bring it up. It's like I'm talking another language.
Speaker 18: I'm not even asking for a lot all I'm looking for is a brand new meat, smoker and an afternoon in the beer garden of the Bridge Hotel. And where I don't think that's a heck of a lot to ask. It's not like I'm asking for over and above marital concessions.
Speaker 1: See that sounds like a great day.
Speaker 2: Yes, Chris would love that he's got He's got his smokes meat and then an afternoon on the beers.
Speaker 1: Yes, so that is a glorious day.
Speaker 6: Though that like Audrey and I aren't part of any of that plan. It sounds like he wants a solo day, doesn't it really grow?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So now I know what now, Patsy, you know what Chris would like?
Speaker 7: A smoker geez aiming Hi.
Speaker 1: Though you know I've seen some of those handbags you're using.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not saying that, you know they're not cheap, but you know Langham, this Langham that you know, maybe Andre has got a smoke of sparing the kitchens at the Langham.
Speaker 1: You can go and wean out the back.
Speaker 6: Oh well, I might take him to Barbecue's Glory. He can have a look, Bitty can't touch you have a look, Bitty can't.
Speaker 2: Touch so the reason why Rio has made this and now I found it, It's like, please don't plan it, but no, it needs to be what a.
Speaker 10: Dad wants, what a daddy's What wouldn't make my daddy happy?
Speaker 5: I'm asking you so calling and tell me.
Speaker 2: The priest daddy makes me a bit said, there's no reason, dad, but that daddy you know it got it got misappropriated. I think someone on the Way I Show used daddy and then it was like, we can't.
Speaker 1: Use that word anymore. People.
Speaker 2: What daddy wants? Key people that you've got your own kings leave us Dad's alone with King Free Unless you want to get me a King Free host, then I'm down for that kink. That's the kind of kink of dad lights. I do actually own a King Free host. Chris broke my last one. Do you remember made a beer bong at my wife's fifty You did class?
Speaker 7: When we're invited out.
Speaker 2: He was like, have you got a small have you got a really sharp knife or anything? And I was like, I've got this. He goes, well, this is.
Speaker 1: Have to do.
Speaker 2: Meet me around the side of your house. I was like, this is where the hoses. He goes that's why I need to meet around there. And he was making a kind of basically a rogue beer bomb to turn my beloved wife's fiftieth into a beer bong at fifty and it worked, though it was like nitrous oxide to an already drunken party. Mcgiver beer Iver. All right, So, dads, what would you actually want? We want to get Father's Day right for the dance this What would you actually really want?
Speaker 1: Alex? What would you love? Seriously?
Speaker 11: What? I seriously just want socks and Hankees. I just love socks and Hanks. Maybe some chocolate coated almonds for an elderly.
Speaker 5: Maybe a box of Werthers.
Speaker 2: Was circular tin travels suit, some driving gloves.
Speaker 1: And you railways it Dad's tell us what would you love for Father's Day this year? Give me a call?
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Shared in Macedon. You're looking after your dad. He's taking his dad to go and see on Father's Day at Coliby's sign top gum Maverick in concert?
Speaker 1: What yes?
Speaker 5: Well like of like a symphony orchestra?
Speaker 1: Have you read about what Tom Cruise has done.
Speaker 2: He's learned how to become a one man orchestra so he can play the tuba, the obo, alright, alright, the French on the flure Patsy, Yeah, good on you.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 7: They do that sometimes with movies, don't they.
Speaker 1: Yes, you've seen the Harry Potter on a couple of times trying to be you. I know who you really are? He has, he has.
Speaker 2: He turned around the stage door as well. Chat to the xylophone player courts eye.
Speaker 7: A loud old performance, wouldn't it?
Speaker 10: With that?
Speaker 7: What be loud?
Speaker 1: Well? Why rain on her dad's happy day?
Speaker 2: I'm writing like he doesn't want to go around Mecca for eighty seven hours at our performance. You've got all the action scenes, the beautiful music music from it. You know, I was back home seeing mom and dad in England when Hans Zimmer was here. I would have loved to go and see hand Zimmer live.
Speaker 5: We talked about it, but we decided not to do.
Speaker 1: Only because of a photo you saw of him. That is sad. It doesn't look Lan was not Lane.
Speaker 2: Go online, look at that man. What is contributed to music? I know all you've done so far is what a dad wants real versus hands him. It is neck connects sometimes but based on that it isn't real. You did Interstillar's done so many movies, He's done most of them.
Speaker 1: Oh, he did the last SEMII June as well.
Speaker 2: The tune soundtrack I Wanted to Do is incredible. And you know, let's just play Rio's most recent work.
Speaker 5: What a dad Wants? What a dady? Dady happy? I'm asking you.
Speaker 1: So you know, and you place you fair enough? All right?
Speaker 2: Today it is thank your Team day. They should thank you an the other way.
Speaker 1: I forgot. That's the mess. So you can go and.
Speaker 2: See Crowded House Live at Mornington on the Red Hot Summits All End of the Year second and final show, November thirty. Tickets are on sale now at ticket Master. We have a double pass to go to Red Hot Summit's All Live. What are the top five things that parents do that annoy their teenagers?
Speaker 1: What are the big hot five pressure points?
Speaker 7: Ask them to clean clean your Yeah.
Speaker 1: So sadly not on it. And I thought that sleep in no.
Speaker 10: Um, just walking walking like without knocking number one.
Speaker 7: Sounds like someone's had that experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's where you fetted all those locks and a vault.
Speaker 7: What about eat all your bed cheese?
Speaker 2: No here it is I mean Alex pats me just chick off? Which ones we've done? I've not done this one. Adding their kids as friends on Instagram is not right. That's yeah. They don't don't know telling the same stories at dinner. Guilty they go to meet Yeah, yeah, and I would just carry on with extra.
Speaker 1: It wasn't it.
Speaker 2: It wasn't an invitation. I don't need your permission. Okay, some of the stuff you say, it's pretty boring.
Speaker 1: Okay. Three, not knowing this is every day. Not knowing their friends or.
Speaker 2: Teachers names tries them mad. But do I know any of my friend's names? Trying to use teen slang? We had that with old mate on the sport today, didn't we Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo. I have walking in without knocking, as we have said at number one aforementioned. All right, so we're looking for your teenager movies today. Teenagers?
Speaker 1: What are they watching? It's an Emo's.
Speaker 2: Fire, very good, gold Back, Acneed to the Future, The Girl that Wanted the Dragon tattoo. But wait until you're twenty Silver Planet of the Vapes.
Speaker 5: Oh that's good.
Speaker 2: And I did one for Master and Commander. But it's a little bit x Rayed. I'm sure you can work out what I did. Rio, Yeah, yea, Rio over to you. Then, what have you got teenager movies? Make a mind?
Speaker 10: Hello mecha gold zombie teenagers?
Speaker 5: What the hills are rolling their eyes?
Speaker 1: Oh okay yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: And Harry Potter was a stroppy wizard, wasn't he?
Speaker 1: Was he? Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah, okay for the beat yeah.
Speaker 5: Harry Power yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Silver.
Speaker 2: Oh, you put the notepad down if you think you're done there, I'll let you know what you're done, all right, hands him fortnight at the museum.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, night.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The game a little bit crusty today.
Speaker 17: All right?
Speaker 2: Then what have you got teenager movies?
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, let's turn out to mark your time, wasters.
Speaker 1: We're looking for your teenager moviees best in show.
Speaker 2: You have to go and see these brilliant crowded house live out at Mornington on Red Hot Summer Tour. Tickets are on sound now to go and see them in November at Ticketmaster.
Speaker 1: Rio. Are you ready to mark?
Speaker 5: I'm ready?
Speaker 1: What are the teenagers watching? Men who stare at goths?
Speaker 5: Silver?
Speaker 2: That's some Joe the oh my Godfather.
Speaker 1: Justin, I liked it.
Speaker 2: Get out of My Life of pie gold as well, Dave, Unhappy Gilmore, by the way, your daughter now early into the teen sort journey, Patsy, she ever hit you with.
Speaker 1: The and it asked to be born?
Speaker 7: No, not yet, but.
Speaker 2: One in the dark days we none of us did.
Speaker 5: I didn't so sorry.
Speaker 2: I didn't approach my parents. But I'd really love to come to planet Earth.
Speaker 5: Sorry for the can you make me?
Speaker 7: We're deep in the eye roll stage.
Speaker 2: Still at the Yeah, tick tock stock two smoking Barrels, Silver plus Stroppenheimer, You Me and Acne Silver, The Never Ending Dinner Stories. Broke Bank Mountain. That is so good your name on that. But the last three digits of their number are eight double I World down eight double nine.
Speaker 1: You more than a number to me, of course.
Speaker 2: Crocodile, dirty Brussa well done, Edward, PayPal hands silver, Seawan of the Bed, Silver Love Sockenheimer, Oh oh my world, that's why chat left. Spend more time with that love song and backpack to the future Silver. Teenagers haven't got backpacks? Who's the winner today? Rio, Broke Bake Mountain, World done back tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show go On podcast,