Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast. Yesterday on the show, then we got the story from Fiona, and I thought we could get some more stories about things blown away and flying away Christian. I bought a big painting on canvas. They brought it out to the car and I realized it was too big to fit to the station work and I had so I try to attach it to the roof rack with string and duct tape.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: You know when you see people who have tried to do this, they don't it's only two k's, it's not far, and they look so nervous. You know that isn't making it back to your house. I thought if a drive home at Snail's pace, everything would be okay.
Speaker 1: It wasn't.
Speaker 2: About two hundred meters up the road, the painting flew off the roof and landed in the middle of the road and I had to stop the traffic. So yesterday were talked about why did you have to stop the traffic? But I think there might be more stories from you this morning on nine four one four, one oh four three about things flying away. I remember being up about a year and a half ago on a holiday. We're up on the Gold Coast and I brought this gazebo to protect us from the sun. Only the wind changed really quickly and the gazebo and being just in the sea, I could see this gazeba tumbling. It was like doing several flipping and people were like moving their kids out of the way, and you know when they look at down the beach and go, where's the jet that didn't secure this or but were enough sand and I was like, we don't need to wait it down too much as a lovely sunny day kids. I then had to get out and run. I was actually chasing this gazebo and it's bloody. Had to get one of those it starts because it became then a kind of sorts as the wind was behind sort of pulling me.
Speaker 3: At what point do you just leave and go shuffle the family off the bat It's not our.
Speaker 2: Someone else's problem. Yeah, jackie boy, if you've got to saw about something flying away.
Speaker 3: I had one over summer. I tried to do a DIY project with Mum and Dad's old outdoor umbrella, one of the big ones that you hoist above an outdoor setting, and I took the top off it and just put the canvas umbrella on the outdoor. I guess it's like an open pergole of that backyard, so it's got no shade. I thought I'll just use the big umbrella and make a shade class with it. Tied it down with metal wire, so I thought it was solid. It wasn't even a week up there before it snapped the wire.
Speaker 1: And blew off. Wow to go next door.
Speaker 3: No, it's thankfully it didn't because if it did, it could have really caused some damage. It just went further into the backyard.
Speaker 1: So what just like metal wires, use cable ties or anything.
Speaker 3: No, I thought it was stronger than I thought metal wire was strong. The cable ties would have come off surely plastic.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast, Patsy, what's your story? What flew away? Mate?
Speaker 4: Dad was taking me to UNI back in the day and he had strapped my wardrobe on the top of the roof or actually no, he'd sort of put the wardrobe in the back of his ute on the tray and like put straps around the cab.
Speaker 1: You mean like a wooden sort.
Speaker 4: Of old style wardrobe because there wasn't a wardrobe in my room and he'd got those you know, those stretches.
Speaker 2: In my mind, this is a walking one. It's an actual room.
Speaker 3: Floor room at university.
Speaker 1: There's an entire room being towed. And you see those wide loads.
Speaker 2: It's one of those cabins. It's perhaps he's walking wardrope.
Speaker 5: I wish it was.
Speaker 4: No, it was just one of those secondhand, old wooden ones that's about one hundred years old.
Speaker 1: I used to weigh a ton, did he used.
Speaker 4: To weigh a ton? Anyway, So we were setting off from Country Victoria into Melbourne and we hit about eu Rolla and Dad had to break suddenly on the freeway and this thing you could just hear, like the twing of those stretchy things with the hooks on the end. Yeah, it come loose, and the thing just, I swear, just flew over the top of the cab and just banged in front on the freeway and it was spinning like some sort of breakdowncer on its back, just going round and round and round. It was just and it just fell apart.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, your nineties flying across the freeway.
Speaker 1: I didn't know. Those things are called octopus springs. Yeah, yeahsome aren't they.
Speaker 2: You know, when you stretch something and if you if you don't get there rhyin a hook up with its other other half and put it together and they fly back.
Speaker 1: They will smash you in the wrist. I always get the back of your hand.
Speaker 3: I'm always scared of doing them.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that's what it's called. Steve's on the line, Steve, what flew away?
Speaker 6: Hey, Hey, guys, my daughter's trampoline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, trampolines and umbrellas always get blown away, don't they. So what happened?
Speaker 6: It was a really windy day and I've got a knock at the door, and my neighbor has asked me if I was missing something from my backyard. Enough, the trampoline was missing. So I went next door with my neighbor and found the trampoline perfectly placed in the middle of the backyard at his place, and damaged like someone had just put it there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the perfect land and a ten from the judges. So what do you have to do? Did you just roll it down the road back to yours?
Speaker 6: He helped me carry it back next door. Not very heavy, big big round one with the mesh on the sides.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they used to. We were hardcore. You smashed that. Oh that's up to you.
Speaker 2: Nothing good's coming your way. We weed out the thickies, let them bounce off. Now we keep all the thickies in the net, you know, Steve, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: You call it. Let's go to Sam. Good morning, Sam.
Speaker 5: Hi Christian Patson, Jack, how are you well?
Speaker 1: Remembered? And Sam? What flew away?
Speaker 5: So my sister and her partner were at the park one day and her pet ferret was swooped by a bird, and the bird took the ferret and flew away with it. No, luckily, luckily.
Speaker 1: I'm still the family. Did it get yourself a proper dog? The ferret was taken away?
Speaker 5: Well luckily for her at that time when they're at the park, she had like a little leash for it, and had it on a leash like a dog.
Speaker 2: And that she was what was she then taking away? As reverse popping flying across the suburbs.
Speaker 5: She managed to unclutch the bird and get her pitt.
Speaker 1: See down at the dog park. It's incredible. So she got the ferret back?
Speaker 5: She did, She did get the ferret back.
Speaker 2: God a story that little fellow had when he got back to tell his little ferret friends what happened to him that day.
Speaker 1: Lovely stuff, so all right, sounds actually cool.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.