Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian o'connel show podcast. Right now, though, there are certain ways that you can kind of date yourself. You can let people know how old you are simply by not using numbers. So this morning, let's try this without using numbers, tell us how old you are? God a people already and started to do this. Christian, I watched a moon landing at school. That's from Charmain. I used to be able to get five dollars from the ATM. Do you remember when they used to give up smaller amounts. That's all you had in there? There was no more money coming out five bucks. Christian, Humphrey be Bear taught me about the importance of pants.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love Humphrey for me, I can.
Speaker 1: Easy let you know how old I am. But the fact that I used to have the ring three times if I wanted mom and dad to come and collect me from the swimming pool to save on actually using coins in the payphone, Patsy, without using numbers, how old are you? At the end of the night on the TV, the test pattern would come up to signify the end of programming for the day. Do you remember that when they used to have like office hours where they were just go to sleep. The TV would go to sleep.
Speaker 3: At night a time before infomercial.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember about twenty odd years ago I went to stay with my Irish friend in Ireland. Right, And I don't know if I'm sure this doesn't happen now, but twenty years ago there was an announcer who were between every TV show would introduce what you're about to watch that original and he was smoking, right, he had a whiskey, he was sat by the next he had a cigarette on the go, a dicky bow timey goes well, good evening, there island coming up there a lovely thick come now from England about three lengths and opeully it's yes, great to a smile and he like raises glass and have a little sip of whiskey. It was like five o'clock. It's like, this is amazing.
Speaker 3: In the fifties, the very first bit of a strained TV, because they replay it sometime, is a guy that welcomes you to TV. Oh, hello, welcome to TV.
Speaker 1: Oh let's say we can get hold of some of that all right, So, without using numbers, called us up and tell us how old are you? The Christian O'Connell show podcast Christians to know off by all my family and friend's phone numbers because they were all in a book that got posted through my door every year. Do you remember that the phone book white in the yellow pages looking up your friends or a girlfriend's phone number in did you just have their dress as well? Yes? It did. Now we worry about too much information that you look up some name stranger and just call them up and have a chat. That's nuts, nuts when you think about it. Jack, you boy, without using numbers? How old are you? All right?
Speaker 3: The first income I ever made was selling burnt CDs.
Speaker 1: Wow, it was a time where not.
Speaker 3: Everybody had the CD burner, but everyone was playing CDs.
Speaker 1: She burned them from LimeWire or what were using napster.
Speaker 3: Or No, this is before even downloading them illegally. So just copying a CD that I had to have a copy of and burning a copy of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And do you remember some people would have that home printer where you could print off the CD.
Speaker 3: Did you ever I had a you could get all that stick a paper that's right to put over the top of the CD.
Speaker 1: Yes, you could actually make you look quite good, couldn't you? Christian I, without using numbers, I could tell you how old I could fill up my car for under twenty cents. I presume that's a typo sharp and it is twenty bucks unless you are Henry t Ford. All right, let's go to lines. Good morning, Margaret.
Speaker 2: Good morning, how are you this morning?
Speaker 1: I'm good, Margaret, And without using numbers, tell us how old you are.
Speaker 2: Well before there was head, shoulders, knees, and toes. You're actually counting groups. So really I'm fingers, toes, fingers, toes, fingers and blind mice, and you should be able to work out exactly how old I am, how well we do Back.
Speaker 1: In the day, it changed.
Speaker 2: Back in the day they counted in groups, so they use fingers, toes, fingers, toes, fingers, and blind mice. Surely you can figure that out to you.
Speaker 1: Think, don't understand people got OCD. This would have set me off.
Speaker 3: We were meant to do like Black and White TV. Yeah, a math question?
Speaker 1: Wait about our IQ level?
Speaker 2: No, not even close. That's how people used to count in groups of things. Let's say you trigger at numbers. It wasn't about saying the.
Speaker 3: Number, so you go buy some milk. It's like Oh, there'll be six fingers.
Speaker 1: Thank you, and.
Speaker 2: You don't you sick? Remember their brief was no numbers, right, gotcha figure out exactly how old I am. Any fingers will.
Speaker 1: Help to finish, yeah, Margaret, Yeah, thank you guys. Do short, Luke, good morning morning. So if I wanted a hot lunch at primary school, I'd have to put money in a brown paper bag. I remember this, Luke, this is what we're looking for. What Louke, we're sending your prize for this or that's a great one.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Really good with sending one the chemist warehouse hundred and fifty on the vouchers.
Speaker 3: How do kids do lunch all of these days? Do they not? Do you not still send them around? We've got an chat pages and there's the old gluten free option.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, the allergies and it is unbelievable.
Speaker 3: We only had lunch orders on a Friday as well. You had to wait all week until you could do a lunch order.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, so you just starved a.
Speaker 3: Week you had to do packed lunch for back in the day.
Speaker 1: You can just eat kids. Yeah, lucky you have Friday. Oh look at greedy, Luke. Thank you very much and cool. Have a good day, two guys. Thank you. Catherine, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: How you're doing?
Speaker 1: Ah? Yeah, good Catherine. So without using numbers, how old are you before Visa.
Speaker 3: And master Card?
Speaker 2: I had a bank card?
Speaker 1: Yes, the old bank card. I remember that. Do you remember me first opened up your bank account? You really thought you're an adult? I think I've had like two or three bucks I put in there. You had to put at least a buck in to open up a children's account. You've got one of these sort of a large sort of executive wallet, you know, with a with a clipp and all this thought. I put in my accounts here as I start learning the art now, so it's a payoff in later life.
Speaker 3: We had to put fifty cents a week into a dollar mine account through school. Yeah, I'm just realizing, now.
Speaker 1: Where's that going?
Speaker 3: Cushed?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 3: Cush that out? Does the Commonwealth Bank still have my.
Speaker 1: Turn into bitcoint? You could be now sitting on a nest egg. You're a billionaire. This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast