Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Noldurn's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Live from Level two twenty one to thirty one, Goodwood Street, Wretchman, this is the Christian o'condinal Breakfast Show on Nolvin's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Here I am, I'm back blinking into the lights.
Speaker 4: You know my good man who's been in captivity for last week. Oh, it's actually good to see you all.
Speaker 5: Welcome back. We've missed you.
Speaker 4: Do you know what, Pats, I've missed you all so much. I've missed actually being at work. It is miserable being off sick. It's boring. I hated it. And not is that when you're home alone in your ail. There are several times I found myself talking to myself. Actually, am I am? I going mad? When the kids find me at the end of this week, when they come back after three weeks away, are they going to go.
Speaker 3: What happened to dad?
Speaker 4: Like Tom Hanks, I'm there with Wilson?
Speaker 6: Who is your version of Wilson? I guess you had Naisha.
Speaker 4: Go there? No, No, she wasn't around either. She had got the dog sitters. Anyway, listen, I'm back. It's great to be back. In case you're wondering why I was off last week, I was poisoned and I got Actually Saturday morning, I finally got the results of the blood test they did and I was poisoned by a Fiefy Box and Eddie McGuire. They all got together and they tried to run me out of town with poison as well. Tough luck. Okay, I'm back. It didn't work. It almost worked, but it didn't work. So perhaps in the last week that things have changed. She've had a new haircut.
Speaker 7: We had a wedding at the weekend, so I've got to do on Friday, right, I.
Speaker 4: See, I get it. Now, tell you what looks really nice? You'd taken a little bit of height and a little bit of weight off the body there that the face looks nice.
Speaker 6: What did you say it looks nice?
Speaker 4: You've opened up your face, more weight off. It's a compliment.
Speaker 3: This woman could.
Speaker 4: Attack take it.
Speaker 5: I'll take it.
Speaker 4: Oh, I said it looks nice.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Nice of you you to notice, because the husband didn't.
Speaker 4: Oh that's why she's upset.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a it's a touchy you.
Speaker 6: Know that Christian wanted to be a hairdresser.
Speaker 3: He would.
Speaker 4: It's a lot more than it's like a bob, isn't it. It's a lot shorter than you'd normally have it. I like it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's nice and cool.
Speaker 4: You know what it does? It brings Patsy into twenty eighteen.
Speaker 6: I like, where was she before?
Speaker 7: It was in the blue rins, good year seventy two.
Speaker 4: So anyway that Yeah, the wife and kids came back finally after three weeks away, and it was lovely to see them all, and everyone was happy to see me and the nun til my wife started shouting at me yesterday back in the doghouse. I didn't know this. Did you know that frying pans? You shouldn't cut into a frying pan while she using it because if you cut through into the enamel, you kill the pan.
Speaker 6: Oh I don't even really cook that much, and I know that.
Speaker 4: Oh, I had no idea. So my wife's loves these pots and pans that we took over with. It's called you'll know this brand, perhaps La Crusee.
Speaker 5: Oh, oh that's top shelf.
Speaker 4: Well, her favorite thing. As I found it yesterday, I didn't know it is this La Crusee frying pan that I was using the cook steaks on yesterday and I was cutting into on the steaks.
Speaker 8: Are you just taking it off the prime pan and then using it as a plate so that you.
Speaker 6: Don't have to do dishes.
Speaker 4: It's a pine pan and a plate. Kids, just eat it. It's a white it's a Swiss Army knight. But I started cutting into it and went through the enamel, and I thought nothing of it, just washed it in. An hour later her my wife screaming, go what have you done? And she didn't say you've wrecked this pan. She said, you've ruined my favorite thing in this house. Oh dear, I said, well, hopefully it's me the kids.
Speaker 3: Then the La Cruse frying.
Speaker 6: Pan two weeks away. That's what she's been thinking.
Speaker 4: That's what she's looking forward. That's the only thing she missed was the La Crusae frying pan. So I'm back in the doghouse.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: So if you think about your home, I'm sure your home is the same as mine. There will be some unfinished tasks around any house, just things that you haven't got.
Speaker 3: Round to, things that you did get round to.
Speaker 4: But then for various reasons, this gave up halfway through and forgot to go back to it, or deliberately consciously did not go back to it because there's a bit murky and you could work out how to finish it off correctly. So my wife and kids got back Friday. After three weeks away during the school holidays, I went back to Europe, and when my wife left, she said, look, whilst you're whilst I'm away, you've got three weeks here home and learn. There's no reason why you can't build the thing she brought off from one of the shopping channels.
Speaker 5: I just laugh because she gives you a list of jobs.
Speaker 7: It's so familiar.
Speaker 3: Oh, she would yeah, And it was thing called a leg master.
Speaker 4: She got off on those TV shopping channels, you know, the old leg master, And she said, can you build that? And she deliberately put this great big box right which weighed about one hundred kidos by the front door, so that every morning when I would leave to go to work and come back from what I would see the box there like a reminder saying please build me. Anyway, over the three weeks, I ignored the box every single day naturally, and so she came back. As soon she gave them the suitcases, she saw me and then just a lady leg master, you didn't even know I that last week to do it was the ultimate week to build it.
Speaker 8: Ill, did you have that thought on the night before she got home, like I really should do that, thime Master?
Speaker 4: Nope? So I want to see we can this morning, if we can build a house of your unfinished tasks and unfinished prognet projects. So I've got the thime master. Also, do you remember I was taking advice about what kind of glue to repair a door? But it has come off one of the doors. It's still come off, and now it's come off even worse. That's not been done in three and a half weeks.
Speaker 8: Now, did you at least go to the hardware stort of get the glue, because then you can say the job's.
Speaker 4: Half busy, really busy, sick coming sick for a long time, been building up to the sickness, you know. So this morning, then on nine four one four one o four three, let's see if we can build a house together. Right, your unfinished projects around the house nine four one four one O four three, give us a corn we try and build the house together.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 4: Three, biggest most successful band, billions of albums, Eagles. Whippy was looking after the show last week. Is always looking after the shop and did a great job with those beautiful pearl headphones of his. He was seeing any the videos, he was seeing any videos that we film everything on the show and all the various things. Right, And I've actually had these headphones like about twelve years. They're my lucky talisman headphones. He's came over with me for my old show. Whippy's got these headphones. I've not seen them on anyone unless they're Drake. They're not white. They're not white white. Can any of us can buy white? I don't know what kind of money he's been making over the years. The other day, by the way, so you know he's got Porsche.
Speaker 7: Yes, does he really he loves anyway?
Speaker 4: These headphones are not white. They pearl or I think you might have been called it a more expensive than pearl. Divers had to dive for per lessons they call it. They actually gleam in the videos. They've got like a thing coming off them.
Speaker 6: It looks like a black eyed peas video clip.
Speaker 4: I don't think even when I am all his money can afford to have these headphones. If God had headphones, he'd have whippies headphones. Anyway, he got told off last week for saying the eagles. Now we all call them the eagles.
Speaker 6: Don't we Yes, But apparently it's meant to be a soft that.
Speaker 4: We've got tickets for eagles, So if you win them, tell your friends you off to see eagles are soft?
Speaker 3: What does that even mean? What is a soft?
Speaker 6: Well? I guess there is that too softy thing.
Speaker 4: You got tickets, you want tickets to see eagles? Is that too soft?
Speaker 8: What we started discussing is what's their website as if the bell and indoor is it eagles or that eagles?
Speaker 4: Or is it? And also what's the font that's what's in a soft and a font?
Speaker 3: Is it one?
Speaker 4: Two? Is that too soft? It? Is it a talent size? Was leaning a bit? Or is it? Is it comic sands? Is it wingdings? Is the foot in wingdings? And then the eagles in like a big Hollywood script. All right, so this morning on the show, we're going to try and build a house together, and in this house, it's basically all things unfinished projects.
Speaker 3: In your house.
Speaker 4: What can you donate as we try and build a house if you're unfinished projects? Some of these projects aren't just unfinished. My two the interior kitchen door isn't even unfinished. I haven't started it. So it's unstarted and unfinished projects around your house. Perhaps what's it for you.
Speaker 7: We've still got a tower rack on the floor. I think I've spoken about this before earlier in our season in Audrey's bathroom, and it's still on the floor with the bracket tower rack on the floor.
Speaker 4: It's an interesting way of putting your towel, doesn't it just fold it?
Speaker 7: She's got nowhere to put a towel, and she's too short to hang it over the town.
Speaker 6: So you're blaming Audrey for not getting out.
Speaker 5: Of there, blaming my husband for not fixing it.
Speaker 8: We've had a tower rack at mum and Dad's that came apart and it's still got one knob that used to hold up the whole town.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what ours has got.
Speaker 8: Yes, So now we hang on everybody hangs their towels and on the balance on the knob yes.
Speaker 4: So it's hanging on like one arm. You don't owning cliffhanger. I've just got one hand hanging in there. We got on the line here, we've got Shane come on as Shane. Welcome to the show. Yeah, pretty good, Shane. To have you well and thanks for calling the show. So what's the project that you haven't finished in your house?
Speaker 9: Well, I've got a brand new cauboard door sitting on the floor next to the cabin and a glass flarding door that's meant to be fixed about six months ago. So what I've done the new door of just set it up against the cabins I look as on So.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so to the untrained eye kind of looks like it's done, but then you just can't use it because it come off in your hand.
Speaker 9: That's right exactly. But the partners have got to understand when a Blake says he's gonna do it equids concrete, but it might be might not be in this year, but it'll get done.
Speaker 4: That's right. This is how I say it, as well. Let's not put a let's not put a time and date on it. It's petty.
Speaker 8: I really think it's a out there's two parts of the task. When you go to the hardware store and get the item, you already feel a sense of success.
Speaker 4: You're like, well that and your mind is done.
Speaker 6: The last bit.
Speaker 9: Exactly right, yack, exactly right mate.
Speaker 5: Now you've got to finish the execution. Boys.
Speaker 4: I always think as well, Shane, don't you think this that if you just kind of move it to near where it's meant to be done. I got to bed thinking I hope a someone breaks in and just does it for me, or b pixies during the night. Just get it done. Either way, can someone else's make it done?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: So my kids were asked me a fair question in quite a few of ours, this what did you get up to last week while I was off sick with this infection. I know you've got this renovation, the world's slowest renovation. I mean, they built the Great Wall of China quicker. The taj Mahole has been built quicker than you and your wife doing this slow slow renefaction. I found out about the taj Mahole. They cut off the other people who worked on it. They cut off their hands after they built it. Yeah, so that they couldn't applicate it.
Speaker 6: And somewhere else.
Speaker 3: Are you playing to do that? You can get trying and do less work around here?
Speaker 8: Well, the two carpenters are helping us do such nice guys. It would be a shame if at the end we came they came over them.
Speaker 4: Most hands are gonna have to go, guys, they kind of have you try to replicate this down the road. So what did you do last week? Have you? And if you finished it now?
Speaker 8: No, but we got a fair crack on So was it handy for you to be away although we missed you because we were able to crack onto it, got some painting done, got some lining boards on the roof, were trying to get in before Christmas.
Speaker 3: So what is left to do?
Speaker 4: And what's taking so long?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 8: I actually want you to come out and see it in its state now, so that when it's finally done.
Speaker 3: Doing that thing that when I get that you go listen.
Speaker 4: Why you hear pick and just did that bit up there?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: You can always email the show.
Speaker 4: We've got it late to the party and any then we're catching up one on the show, maybe my dress is just Christian of gold one I four to three dot com Au monitor Damien Christian. I have been listened to a show catching up with the podcasts in England and become obsessed with a couple of things I've noticed between our two countries, between England and Australia.
Speaker 6: Christian.
Speaker 4: First of all, when hearing all the Australian callers to the show, every single Australian accent sounds so manly. I imagine everyone looking like Russell Crowe, even pats Oh.
Speaker 3: Christian.
Speaker 4: When your listeners greet you on the phone are studying in seat of the usual hello, it's an over excited yes.
Speaker 8: I feel like that is just this shows to where that's the response.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm happy with that, Christian.
Speaker 4: Twoing one recent story on air, Jack was talking about washing his hair. Jack mentioned that the shower was just off the kitchen. No one on the show battered and eyelid, you didn't what's happening over there? The shower off the kitchen like you have the microwave, then the oven in the pantry and then the door to the shower. Also you mentioned the angel poo. Let me tell you about the ghost poo. Someone wants told me about the ghost poo. I didn't believe them. Then one night it happened to me. You poop, you go to wipe, but there's nothing there. You look in the bowl, there's nothing there. It's a ghost poo, Damien, thank you very much, in the bowl.
Speaker 6: So the angel poos you go to wipe and there's nothing.
Speaker 4: Now the angel poop, the angel poo is when you have go to go to the toilet and you don't need to wipe. It's like, wow, there's something in there. Even Brad Pitt will do this.
Speaker 3: We all do it.
Speaker 4: We all have a little look see in there, don't we right?
Speaker 2: Go?
Speaker 4: That's interesting. So Brad Pitt, right, you know, he would do this as well. So the angel poo is when you don't need to wipe. I didn't know this. The ghost poo is when you think you've you've done something, you gotta look where's it gone?
Speaker 8: So it's done a dive and then gone up.
Speaker 4: It's a ghost down spend oh, I don't think it's gone anyway? That the ghost poo did it? Did it really happen?
Speaker 6: So nothing really came out you thought it did.
Speaker 4: That's why I think it's called the Ghost Pooh. Anyway, Damian, thank you very much for for more on the Christian at Gold one I four to three dot com to AU. This is a great price. Got it every single day, this time, every all this week.
Speaker 3: The world can wait.
Speaker 4: The Melbourne Cup Carnival is coming. We've got tickets every single day Lexus Melbourne Cup Day on Tuesday, the sixth of November. You can win your way there right now. Our producer Brad used to be a bookie and he's at the racist. He's commentating. But a song is racing. Listening to the lyrics, work out what the song is. Here it is day one.
Speaker 10: I had a dream so big and loud. I jumped so high, I touched the clouds. Whoa, whoa, I stretched my hands out through the sky.
Speaker 3: We dance with monsters through the night.
Speaker 4: Whoa, whoa.
Speaker 10: I'm never gonna look back, whoa, never gonna give an app.
Speaker 4: No, please don't wait me now. This is gonna be the best day of my life, my life. This is gonna be the best day of my life. He missed a bit at the n where winks won because got horse race in this country. It's the law. Winks has to win, all right. What do you think the song was that the races? Give us a call now nine four one four, one oh four to three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 4: Three all this week then round about this time. Then you can win your tickets. Go to Lexus Melbourne Cup Day the Welcome Wait Melbourne Cup Carnival is coming. You can be there. We've got general admission passes for you and whoever you want to take. So Producer Brad who when he's not falling into various things, but it'll be ten minutes on the show used to be a bookie and I feel like, very soon if he carries on the ways going, we'll be a bookie again as well. And anyway, he's at the Racist this week and he's commentating at the races.
Speaker 10: A song is at the races. You gotta work out what the song is. Here's this morning's. I had a dream so big and loud. I jumped so high, I touched the clouds.
Speaker 4: Whoa, whoa, I stretched my hands out through the sky.
Speaker 3: We danced with monsters through the night.
Speaker 10: Whoa, whoa, I'm never gonna look back, whoa, never gonna give me up?
Speaker 3: No, please don't wake me now.
Speaker 11: This is gonna be the.
Speaker 4: Best day of life.
Speaker 6: Life, my life.
Speaker 4: This is gonna be the best day of my life. Spirit of Bill Shatner. With that as well, all right, then let's go to lines. So do you think the song is?
Speaker 3: Colleen?
Speaker 4: Good morning?
Speaker 12: Good morning?
Speaker 13: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty good. I hope you're well this morning. Do you have a nice weekend?
Speaker 4: Yes? I do? Thank you?
Speaker 13: What about yourself?
Speaker 4: Yes? I did? Yeah, joy that sunshine? And Colleen, what do you think the song is?
Speaker 13: Rick?
Speaker 1: Ashley never going to give you up?
Speaker 4: Ah right, okay, good guess Colleen is not the right answer, though, mate, Tougher, thank you, all right, thank you? Mel pretty good man.
Speaker 3: How are you this morning? You will?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Good yourself?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Clean that up. Now, what do you think the song is? Mate?
Speaker 14: The best time in my life?
Speaker 4: This is actually checking? That was the outside I presumed it was just checking. That's the right answer, is it? Now you've won the tickets, well done.
Speaker 14: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: We don't make you and whoever you want to take you off to the Lexus Melbourne Cup Day. Okay, enjoy beautiful, thank you all right? They have a top time. We've got more tickets tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 4: Three five minutes past what should be freaking out of? It's five minutes past ten? Panic now as people go the cocks change day.
Speaker 6: You know what that was good for us?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 8: To make sure who's listening on this team because he's freak becket.
Speaker 4: That's easy to do. Okay, show a card trick or a picture of an aeroplane. Oh god, is he? Jesus, how's he doing this? How does he do this? I was paranoid last night? You were you doing this with the clock change? Going around checking all your alarm clocks?
Speaker 3: So it streusses me out.
Speaker 4: We do it twice a year in the UK. It's a ball ache. There's certain clocks you don't even bother changing the one in the cart, forget it, you know, a couple month's time, it'd be right again. Any appliance and he applies to the clock the microwave.
Speaker 3: Who is the time by the oven?
Speaker 4: Anyway? That one never gets changed if you just don't bother do you just give.
Speaker 8: Up the oven in the microwave if the power ever goes out and at recess to twelve we just leave it from that.
Speaker 6: So it might be six o'clock. An says it's one afternoon.
Speaker 7: My car is about an hour twenty behind, so it's only twenty minutes behind it sometimes, and then when you know daylight savings, it's nearly an hour and a.
Speaker 4: Hour to give that extra twenty minutes in the deloreum from Back to the Future shop, you've.
Speaker 7: Got to do like you're just about got to have a maths degree to work out what time it is in the car.
Speaker 4: It's taken a lot, isn't it. If I do some up my weekend, it would be dad fail. So yesterday I was very very excited because it was a UFC two two nine and this was the biggest fight in the UC's history. Colin McGregor hasn't fought for about a year and a half in the UC back taking on a monstercle Kulbe massive massive fight.
Speaker 8: Is this his first fight since he went to box against Floyd Mate and.
Speaker 4: Obviously before that he didn't fight for well because he's in training for the main Weather fight. So it's a really big deal. Our guy coming back to the sport is the world's biggest star. If you don't know a lot about Connor McGregor, he is bigger than the UFC Instagram thirty five million followers, huge anyway. So there's been a lot of trash talking from Connor against you know, Kabeb and saying all these things. So already there's a lot of kind of bad blood between them, and then the fight happens, and so'm I can't wait for the fight. I didn't realize it was going to not be ontol four o'clock because everyone was saying it's at one o'clock in the afternoon. My kids and wife came back from three weeks away on Friday, and every day the kid's been saying, hey, look, what do you want to go and see Johnny English. We're not going to watch on the plane coming back. We'll watch it with your sort of book tickets four o'clock Sunday afternoon. So two things are running at the same time. You have ce two to two nine, dad taking his kids to the cinema. However, can you see what happened here? Yes, fight Connor doesn't do his walk out. Okay, until about quarter to four in the afternoon. Johnny English is not looking good.
Speaker 6: By the times. Johnny English start four.
Speaker 4: The kids look at me. I'm looking at Connor McGregor. I'm looking back at the kid. The kids storm off slamming a door. Don't slam it's already breaking anyway, because I.
Speaker 8: Mended it, and you'll see on the couch going. I hope knocks him out in fifteen seconds.
Speaker 4: Hope someone gets knocked out in round one. Otherwise then we can go and see Johnny English. However, the fight goes on a bit. You know, by the time they've done the ring introductions and all this, it's it doesn't wrap up until half four. I have to go and make good with my daughter. But anyway, the fight itself.
Speaker 6: Say Johnny English is off altogether.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I couldn't get to see it. Still busy watching you have seen you tonight. Then I had to do the whole thing. I'm talking the other side of a slam door with the foot the other side of it. I say, hey, come on, you know, I didn't know it's going to go like this. But the fight ended really badly as well, I mean genuinely embarrassing and ugly blight for the sport when a lot of people, if you aren't a UFC fan, you think it's kind of you know, cage fighting, it's thuggery. And then you've got a guy who beats Connor McGregor, who the moment he's just choked out, he's basically choked out, Connor McGregor spits him when he's standing over him. They've called the phone, leaps over a cage, jumps into the crowd, starts wailing, trying to punch one of Connor wcgregor's sort of training partners who's been saying things trash talking him as well, and then basically chaos breaks out. Somebody else, one of Kobeb's training partners jumps into the cage, wanders over to Connor whose days it's just been choked unconscious and just you know, and submitted, and just punches him in the back of the head.
Speaker 6: Crazy. It became like a bar.
Speaker 7: Oh, it's all theater, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Three people were arrested yesterday. It's not w w WE. I mean that's the script is down to an abbey. Sorry, but my mum.
Speaker 6: Thought the same thing.
Speaker 8: Yet, don't get confused between UFC and w world really in terms of the.
Speaker 4: Realness, and so it was really really bad and it got stranger, and there was a genuine there was a you know, you got Irish people who've been drinking all day and Russian fans have been drinking all day. You know, necessarily had been drinking all that. It's gonna be trouble. But there was genuinely bad blood and it was horrible to watch. It was scary and the security guards can handle it. It was chaos breaking out there. He started frightening for people. Must have been there watching a fight.
Speaker 7: Was it as bad as Mike Tyson in the ear incident?
Speaker 4: Wow? Is? Yeah? I mean it was it was all but it was, Yeah, it was. It's really bad. But anyway, about an hour later, right, Connor's obviously a big megastar all over the world. He's got a lot of famous friends. Drake is there. This is a rapper, a professional rapper, hotline bling. He tries to get backstage to fight Kabeb as his.
Speaker 3: People, I like they're going to go.
Speaker 4: Kabeeb was just beaten the apparent number one world's best striker, Connor McGregor, in three easy rounds. He barely got into sweat. He's supposed to be terrified that the guy who sang Hotline Blink is outside and he's furious. Drake's going, guys, oh my bit tel Kabeb.
Speaker 3: Drake is here.
Speaker 6: Drakes in the car back wants to meet you after the show.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three Christian Ile.
Speaker 4: So I was watching UFC here in Melbourne yesterday afternoon. What did you do in the way of snacks because it was a long afternoon. Well, Pats has been a feeder with her gateway drug Like the first bump was on Pats. You know you got me those arnt shapes?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, the barbecue shape? Are you addict? Oh yeah, I love it?
Speaker 4: The only thing I could really eat last week I had no appetite. I've lost just under five kilos.
Speaker 3: In one week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the thing the only thing I could eat was I mean, I don't know if they brought them out of some kind of weight loss scene, but it's the pizza ones. I can't get enough of the pizza ones.
Speaker 6: You've moved on from barbecue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have you.
Speaker 4: I've moved on to through the range. Is there a saddest scene in this right? So I'm all excited about watching all the fights. Yesterday afternoon, I'm in a Conor McGregor T shirt, shorts because of the beautiful weather. I'm eating that. I'm stuffing my face with those art shapes. And then when you know, when you get to the empty packet, what's waiting for you? The best bit, the vapors, the dust you empty it, not into your mouth, onto your face. I think even still, I've had a shower, but I still got a light dusting of shapes on me today.
Speaker 6: That poor new L shaped couch.
Speaker 4: It has it was trash yesterday. What's your three word weekend?
Speaker 8: Well, speaking of farting self defense class is my three word weekend?
Speaker 6: Because Bianca is.
Speaker 4: Hockey picking on you here? Has he been reminding she's been taking a lunch box again, not for me.
Speaker 8: Bianca is in a couple of weeks looking at doing an all female self defense class.
Speaker 6: She asked me on the weekend. She said, they want male volunteers to come in and be the attackers.
Speaker 8: Oh, and she wants me to come in and be one of the attackers.
Speaker 4: I've been salted because she's said that you look like someone who might leap out of an alleyway.
Speaker 7: Or is this some sort of fantasy she's playing out.
Speaker 8: For real paths she wants me and I don't want to be an attacker for that reason. I don't want them popecast.
Speaker 6: I don't want them to see me as in this scenario.
Speaker 3: This guy, he's a serial killer.
Speaker 4: Bring him out again.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be on jack, do you know?
Speaker 8: To put that in perspective, I always, as a kid felt sorry for actors who had to play a bad guy in a movie.
Speaker 4: I don't friend of mine had to play a sex offender and a TV show, right, and remember we still go out for beers and people be yelling at him, even though it's it was a dramas and EastEnders, which is a big soap in the UK, and he was a sex pest in it, you know, from a year and I used to dread going out with him into pubs because people have the few beers would go, that's that. That's that sex offender. He's an actor reading out words right, and he's gonna he's also in a cleaning product advert right now, shout him about that. It's a terrible advert. So are you going to go and do it?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I want to ask you, guys, if you thought it was bad form for me to go. No, I don't want to participate.
Speaker 4: You need to do it because they need the practice. You know, this is that they want to They want to be empowered, so you need to help that.
Speaker 5: I think that's a great thing she's doing.
Speaker 8: I think it's a great thing too, But I don't want to be the bad guy and go and do it.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you one thing. You are going to get the s kicked out because all the things they need to do to defend themselves against a man involve eyes, throats and balls.
Speaker 5: Yeah, take your cricket box with your bella cla.
Speaker 6: I think the ball, of course they do, yea.
Speaker 4: Honestly, you've got a squeaky little voice anyway, can't go any higher, but it will. Honestly, they are going to line up to kick your balls into your throat.
Speaker 3: That's less than number one.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three coming.
Speaker 3: I have been ten minutes time.
Speaker 4: Your chance to go and see the world's biggest fan. It is eagles have been told by their people it's a soft that. I'd never heard that phrase before in my life. Are soft the in the eagles? Did you know, Melbourne? Did you know in telling your friends it might win tickets go and see the eagles? Don't it's the that's probably too loud. That's not a soft one, is it. That's a medium one? Soft is that's what's that?
Speaker 3: A weak one?
Speaker 8: I think the guy in the running around on the station, he's got too hard.
Speaker 4: It's very aggressive. Eagles. The eagles anyway, you can say when you wait to see them Eagles in five minutes time.
Speaker 3: Patsy, what's your three word?
Speaker 4: Weekend? Three?
Speaker 5: Hail Mary's.
Speaker 7: We went to a wedding, as I said earlier, at a place called Catamatite Christian in the bush near Yarrawenger, about three hours away anyway, for a beautiful couple friends of ours and Beck and Steve, and we're in the ceremony.
Speaker 5: Beautiful.
Speaker 4: When people do that, it's never heard of them. I mean, it's just names.
Speaker 5: I'm going to tell you the story. Anyway.
Speaker 7: We're through all the service, beautiful service, exchange fowls, rings and all the rest of it. Only the father forgot to say, you may now kiss you're bright? Oh no, So all the congregation we had to say, oh no, hang on a minute, father, and he goes, oh, I have forgotten the major thing, haven't I.
Speaker 6: What do you say?
Speaker 5: You're all dismissed or well he went, they went beside the.
Speaker 6: Microp well, now that.
Speaker 7: To sign the register and then he goes, okay, everyone be up and standing, and we're like, no, hang, like you know, to see them out.
Speaker 5: We're like, no, hang, I've got to kiss you eius.
Speaker 3: That We all know.
Speaker 4: We could almost do that ceremony off by heart, couldn't you? You know? Do you you accept that?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: The most important line is you may now kiss the bride. In any movie, that's the only line you ever really see it of the ceremony. He's got one job and they expected to be paid in tips at the end of it.
Speaker 7: And you want to see what sort of church kiss it is. Some couples go right in for the dive, and others just do like a little pick.
Speaker 6: What did you go for a path?
Speaker 5: We just did a little pick which they.
Speaker 4: Started consummating it right, went at it, did not hammer and tongs at it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 6: Did Christian O'Connell break the shows?
Speaker 3: Ten weeks of tickets.
Speaker 4: Every morning at sept thirty am you'll chance to win tickets to the biggest shows in town. Week five and ten weeks of tickets. Started with Phil Collins, then we went Raw Alvin's Show. Then it was then it was William Shatner. Now the world's biggest band, Eagles, they are here. This is incredible's announced last week big news all over the world come into Australia. Normally they always start like in Sydney, then they come here. They may be Perth le Bristom, but the starting straight away when they come in to Australia, they come in here to Melbourne. Are the Rod Laver Arena. Tuesday the March the fifth Tickets gone sound next Monday through Ticketech. I love this two o'clock in the afternoon. Now, normally when I do these announcements it's like nine am, unsell ten am, get your tickets ten am, two o'clock in the afternoon. Obviously ticket tech, you know they want not worth too odd. On the Monday, get in, have a bit of lunch, turn the computers on the Eagles tickets, right. Thet's good a work. So it's next Monday, two pm after lunch, try and try and get your tickets. Honestly, you don't need me to tell you that is going to sell out in Nano seconds. Good luck trying to see Eagles live. You can win every single day this week at seven point thirty. It's obviously they've earned so many great hits. Let's just think about Hotel California, all right. So I had a quick Google of the weekend and there are several Hotel Californias in California and all over America. There are even several in Australia. There's a couple here in Melbourne as well. But we managed to find a Pet Hotel California in America and Barkingham Pet Hotel California. We've got Sabrina on the line right now. Good morning, Sabrina, Good morning.
Speaker 3: So you where about some America are you?
Speaker 4: Sabrina?
Speaker 13: We are in southern California.
Speaker 3: All right, And what is the time there right now?
Speaker 4: It's twenty to eight Monday morning here in Melbourne, Australia. What's it for you?
Speaker 13: It looks like it's about in the afternoon here.
Speaker 3: Okay, And you work for a pet hotel, that's correct, yes? And what are the worst behaved pets?
Speaker 4: Who? What are the pets that trash a hotel room? Who are like the the led zep of pets? Is that the dogs? Is that the cats? Is at the shitsu?
Speaker 13: It's definitely the dogs, many many different breeds, but usually I guess you can see the noisiest noisiest clients we get are usually the beagles. But the dogs who who tend to trash their rooms so to speak, sometimes can be the shepherds, but sometimes many different breeds as well.
Speaker 4: And sometimes I at any normal hotels, sometimes people might you know, hook up in the bar and go upstairs have a little bit fun. Are some of the dogs, like you know, mid doc and they're not trying to dry up the door?
Speaker 13: It happens, It definitely happens. That we do try our best to make sure to separate them right away, of course, and making sure that everybody is acting so.
Speaker 4: You can get that if you pay it extra right. Look after my guy if he wants a little bit of fun or a happy ending, you sort him out, Okay, we're not you.
Speaker 3: But anyway, okay, so how many rooms have you got there?
Speaker 13: We have about I believe fifty six.
Speaker 3: And so this is how this game is going to work.
Speaker 4: You're live on the radio station right now called Gold one I four point three, and we've got We're excited because the Eagles have come in here to Australia. Oh wow, yeah, it's great news, right.
Speaker 13: Yeah, be sad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you are now.
Speaker 4: Part of the game. Are about to We're about to give a pair of Eagles tickets away to go and see the world's biggest band, so that a lot of people are going to try and play this game.
Speaker 13: Okay, cool, any help, I've.
Speaker 4: Not thought this through.
Speaker 3: What needs you to do?
Speaker 4: Then? So how many rooms did you say?
Speaker 7: You've got about fifty six?
Speaker 4: Fifty six? We need to be precise, let's say fifty six pet rooms. Now, the tickets to go and see the Eagles are in one of those rooms, aren't they?
Speaker 13: You say, yes, yes, that is correct, right.
Speaker 4: I need you don't tell me out loud. I need you to think and write it down, plide it down. What room are the tickets in? Don't tell me now on air because people will call in and try and guess. Okay, but you think of it in your mind A room numb.
Speaker 3: Okay, you've got one, got it?
Speaker 13: I got it?
Speaker 4: Is it your favorite number?
Speaker 13: It is?
Speaker 4: I thought you might go that way. Okay, write it down. Okay, what we're gonna do now, then, Sabrina, I'm going to get people to call in on nine four one four one oh four three. They're gonna come on there and they're gonna go to you, Sabrina at the Pet Hotel California. Are the tickets in room number three? And then you'll tell them whether or not that is the room with the tickets in. Okay, I know this is very strange and you're doing really really well. Okay, are you up for this?
Speaker 13: I'm definitely up for this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, brilliant. Are there people queuing up with pets to check the men or are we at a quiet time Sunday afternoon?
Speaker 13: No, it's pretty quiet right now.
Speaker 4: Great you, Sabrina. All right, Sabrina, you're doing a great job.
Speaker 3: Stay there, Sabrina, right, Okay, no problem.
Speaker 4: How do we think this is going to go? Let's find out? Call in then, are, Sabrina, which are rooms you think the tickets are at the bat Hotel.
Speaker 6: There's a one in fifty six cheen here a while, guys.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast. Sure, oh, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three ten weeks of tickets.
Speaker 4: We are midway through our ten weeks then, and this week it's the world's biggest band. So excited we're going to give you the chance to go and see the world's biggest band, the Eagles live when they come here to Melbourne in March. Tickets go and see through ticket to next Monday at two o'clock in the afternoon. And also, if you've seen any reviews, go online. People are raving about this tour. They are not phoning it in. It's incredible, So you can win your way there. And the way we're doing this then I hope with good intentions this is going to work. So Hotel California thought, we're trying to do something today with Hotel California. Biggest selling single and love all time, and so we have a Hotel California in America right now on the line. It's a pet Hotel California. Jack's had a look at the website. Some of the things that your pets.
Speaker 6: Can do there as well as accommodation in grooming.
Speaker 8: They have a wellness spar so you don't can get a massage, streaming force to getting.
Speaker 4: In like a chikuzzi going come on in bitches.
Speaker 3: Is a gym. He's on the pec deck.
Speaker 4: I've got to shape up. My backside is huge at the moment. The guinea pigs are on the old running wheel. It's not running machine, it's a running wheel.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 4: Anyway, we've got Sabrina's on the line. She's live at the California pat Hotel right now. Sabrina, welcome back, thank you, thank you so much. We've just been to have a look at the website. You've got like a wellness spa there and a gym for the pets.
Speaker 13: We do, yes, we have you know, grooming, daycare, boarding, gym, service, swimming. Oh yeah, so it's a wealth service star here.
Speaker 4: And do some of the pets. Sometimes later night they've got munchies. They're trying to do uber eats or anything like that.
Speaker 13: They do. They try to at least love it all.
Speaker 4: Right then, So, Sabrina, Sabrina, how many rooms again at the California Hotel there are how many rooms?
Speaker 13: Fifty six?
Speaker 4: And Sabrina has placed a pair of these tickets to go and see the Eagles live in one of the rooms. You've got to guess what the room is. But hates this feature of come up today. She's just like, can't we just the room that's nearest, the one that she's got. No, we won't move on, even if we're here for an hour until which someone's called in with the right room. All right, let's go to the lines. Nathan, you're up first. Good morning, Nathan, good morning. Gods are pretty good, so caen to see if this is going to work. Nathan, what room do you think the Eagles tickets are in?
Speaker 6: Lucky number eleven?
Speaker 3: Lucky number eleven, Sabrina? Are they in room number eleven?
Speaker 13: They are not in room eleven?
Speaker 4: All right, I have like Nathan.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Helen.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Good morning, Good morning, Helen. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Good luck.
Speaker 4: You want to win Eagles tickets? What room do you think they're in?
Speaker 13: My lucky number thirty five?
Speaker 4: Thirty five?
Speaker 13: They are in there, Sabrina, No, not thirty five.
Speaker 4: Okay, just out of interest? What animal is in room thirty five at the moment? Can you look at your book.
Speaker 13: Yeah, let me see, let me see our actually pick that room is empty right now?
Speaker 4: Oh right, okay, all right, we got Jacob the line. What's your lucky number? What are you going for? Mate?
Speaker 14: Yes, good morning, My partner room has signed at shoes number seven.
Speaker 4: Room number seven. Are the tickets there?
Speaker 13: They are not in room seven?
Speaker 4: Oh tough like Jake. All right, let's go to Susan. Good morning, Susan, Morning Susan. What room number are you going for?
Speaker 3: Twenty seven twenty seven?
Speaker 4: A room twenty seven?
Speaker 13: Nop? Not twenty seven either.
Speaker 4: Okay, can you just tell me about the way. What animal is in room number twenty.
Speaker 6: Seven twenty seven?
Speaker 13: We had a shit.
Speaker 4: To thank you? Please on the line. Good morning, Faye, morning by all right, Faye. What room number do you think the tickets are in?
Speaker 15: Twenty three?
Speaker 3: Twenty three? Sabrina?
Speaker 13: Nope, not twenty three twenty three?
Speaker 4: What is in room twenty three? Is that occupied?
Speaker 13: Twenty three is not occupied at the moment.
Speaker 4: Oh, he still got plenty vacancies there. All right.
Speaker 13: Hi, Good morning, Christian, Good.
Speaker 4: Morning, Charmagne. I hope you're well. You're live in gold one O four point three. Let's try and win you some Eagles tickets. What room do you think they're in?
Speaker 13: Room number five?
Speaker 3: Number five?
Speaker 15: Nope?
Speaker 13: Not number five.
Speaker 4: Oh I thought there's that little pause there.
Speaker 3: John, Good morning John.
Speaker 4: What room do you think they're in?
Speaker 9: I believe in room number eight, room number.
Speaker 4: Eight, Sabrina, are they there not yet?
Speaker 12: Not?
Speaker 4: It not eight? Okay, Leanne, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Good morning Leanne.
Speaker 4: And are you big Eagles fan? Yes? I am.
Speaker 9: I love them very very much.
Speaker 4: She said, great news they're coming.
Speaker 9: Yes, awesome news.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right. And what room number do you think they're in?
Speaker 3: Number fourteen? Fourteen?
Speaker 4: Close?
Speaker 13: But nope, not fourteen.
Speaker 4: Oh it's a little clue there. Let's go to Lisa. Does that help Lisa out? Good morning Lisa? Hi, are you ah pretty good?
Speaker 3: Lisa?
Speaker 4: What room do you think the tickets are in?
Speaker 3: I'm lucky for some I'm thirteen, Sabrina. Are they in room thirteen?
Speaker 13: Thirteen? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What tickets?
Speaker 4: Not to see Eagles life? Well done, Lisa, Lisa, you lucky thing. Before the tickets go on sale, you can You've won tickets to go and see the Eagles life. Are you taking with you? Mate?
Speaker 7: Sorry?
Speaker 4: You're going to take with you?
Speaker 7: Probably my partner.
Speaker 12: I've seen them before, but absolutely said hastic.
Speaker 4: Their voices are just so good. I still got it.
Speaker 11: I absolutely love them really great.
Speaker 4: All right, well done, Lisa, Hey, Sabrina, big round pause. Thank you very much for playing along this morning. Okay, you have a good week.
Speaker 13: Absolutely you too. Thank you.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 4: By the way, Sabrina, what other animal is in room thirteen or is that occupied?
Speaker 13: Room thirteen is actually a big one.
Speaker 4: And as we found out earlier, those they trash the room. All right, thank you very much for playing. I forget the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. You can tune in any time. You can never leave sound that all week. Thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Over the weekend, to try and get better, to try and return myself to the right state to come and do this show, I went out of time. Massage okay, and it's brilliant massage. And I've been before. They're fantastic. They do the best massage in the oldther ties. They're training it and it's incredible. However, at the end of it, I was obviously sort of in a nice stay and the lady went, you know, all I had was a herbal tea. I said, oh I love this. There's a herbal tea. Wait for me. I get off the bed. That's a workout at the end of a massage as well, when you got trying, and you should call mustres to get off that. Lord, you have to sort of rock yourself into it because you've been lying there for an hour, and so you know, I must to stand up a little bit light headed. And I see there's a bowl with a liquid in. I thought this must be what she mentioned. So I have a big old gulp because I'm a bit dehydrated. And as I think this is really thick and oily, and as I'm bringing it back up and perfumed that I drank too a big golp of the massage oil. But she'd had her hands in for an hour rubbing.
Speaker 7: Me and used before you.
Speaker 8: It's not a wretch going back, you mean woman, And so I didn't do the trick.
Speaker 6: Do you feel better?
Speaker 4: Oh? Well, I don't have to go a toilet. I was starting to throw up and that last week and they blessed them. They're such polite people. The tie. She was trying not to laugh in my face and her assistant put her hand up to her mouth and was like, and I said, as you can't laugh, And I thought that was that. She went, no, we're just making you the herbal cheese. What I said, she just that's oil. You've drank the massage oil all afternoon.
Speaker 3: You know what, I'm so perfumed.
Speaker 4: I did a little bup, you know the next door. I paused the bloody stuff because you're not meant to drink the massage oil. I just thought it was heavy, thick liquid. So this morning, I want to know things you've accidentally had in your mouth, because sometimes you must have accellently eaten something or drunk something which really wasn't designed to go in your mouth. Have either of you two ever done that where you've had something you're not meant to have and put it in your mouth.
Speaker 7: Chris accidentally ate our old dogs arthritis tablets once I had them shoved.
Speaker 4: How did he do that?
Speaker 5: Well, he got very sneaky.
Speaker 7: Not my husband, but the dog in he had to have regular medication. The poor old thing was it was you and I put it in a bit of cabana.
Speaker 3: What man could resist?
Speaker 5: Steven now and shoved it in the fridge.
Speaker 7: It was for the next morning. I used to have to you know, prep it ahead of time. So Chris got home from work and he loves cured meat and thought he'd help himself. And I said, where's Joe's medication And he said, I don't know, and I said, well, it was in that bit of cabana. He said, oh, I ate that about five minutes ago. So I had to ring the vet and just check that it was okay for human consumption.
Speaker 4: Great tell us, Just though, did Chris have these side effects? That his coat look amazing?
Speaker 5: He's a starteris was fit.
Speaker 4: He's sleeping around, he's a reborn man.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Then what have you accidentally had in your mouth? Doesn't sound right? But anyway, what if you accidentally had in your mouth? Give us a cool this morning Melbourne.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell and Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: So what have you accidentally in vibe? What have you accidentally had in your mouth? Nine four one four one o four three Kim, Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 13: I just wanted to say I love this show.
Speaker 9: Thank you so much, Oh blessed, Thanks Kim, It's awesome.
Speaker 15: So one don't. I just getting together with family to have a few drinks and was sitting outside and you know, with Jim lighting, and we had nibbles, cheese and biscuits and nuts and I got through like they said. I said to my sister, don't buy this again. They're rubbish and we turn the light on it with my brother in law's all PIDs.
Speaker 4: Chewy, little bit tangy.
Speaker 14: Should not be moist have on you can't yourself.
Speaker 4: Oh no, they're not. They're not the nuts you want in your mouth. Kim, Kim, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: She called there.
Speaker 12: Kate, good morning, Hello, Hello, Yes, I accidentally drank oil paint.
Speaker 3: Wow, how do you do that?
Speaker 12: I was looking for a cup of tea and I grabbed the wrong cup.
Speaker 6: Smell o, Kate. I mean so it's so strong.
Speaker 12: The entire room smells like oil paint. When you've been painted for twenty minutes, right, you lose.
Speaker 3: The sense of smell. The distinction is everything. Kate. That's a great one. Have a good day mate, Ebony. Yes, hello, yes, Ebany.
Speaker 4: What if you accidentally had in your mouth?
Speaker 15: It wasn't It was my husband.
Speaker 8: My daughter had waken up.
Speaker 7: My two year old daughter had waken up early one morning, so we put her in bed with us in the hopes of getting a bit more sleep.
Speaker 12: And she rolled over and vomited all over my.
Speaker 4: Husband and he got it in his mouth. Oh no, oh, no, No one should start the day or in the day with their kids vomit in their mouth. Oh god, Oh that's making me he that is rough, all right, thank you very much. Cool, keep this coming on nine four one four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Right now, after I accidentally drank a lot of massage oil at the weekend. If I was five, you'd understand me saying that. But the factors aren't exposed grown up. So one of the what have you accidentally had in your mouth? That's some great stories so far. And email here from someone who's listening to the show right now. What's he remain? Anonymous works in one of the emergency services here in Melbourne, and he said, when he was a teenager, him and his buddy, we're about to go out for the night and he suddenly noticed that his friend had a give one of those spots where they have like a white head, you know, a spot on your mate's face. Yeah, it's got like a white head to it. Said, we better squeeze that before you go out. Yeah, he squeezes, it goes into his mouth.
Speaker 8: Ah, at least the volume is small.
Speaker 4: It's a strong, like homeopathic dough. Since your mate's passing your mouth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Josie, no, Jody.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 3: Hi, Good morning, Christian goome on and Jody.
Speaker 4: I hope you're well this morning, and you've had a great weekend. What have you accidentally had in your mouth?
Speaker 12: I've had a seat cucumber in my mouth, a sea cucumber.
Speaker 3: What was that doing in your mouth?
Speaker 12: Well, it sounds pretty innocent, doesn't it. I was just having a little paddle in the sea and along floats this thing that looks like a pickle. And I can't remember, but I must have been a bit tekish at the time, and I've picked it up and taken a crunch. What it was crunchy like, It was exactly like a pickle. It was salty, but it had a slightly fishy taste.
Speaker 16: And toody, who does this?
Speaker 4: And there's nothing in the sea that I'd go, oh, yummy, yummy tea, some snacks that God's provided for me this.
Speaker 12: Time of the day.
Speaker 8: But Jody, even if it was a real pickle and it was just floating in the ocean wide, would you take as.
Speaker 12: I said, I must have been hungry. But then my partner at the time has come up to me and said, what are you doing. I said, I'm just having a bite of this and I was crunching and he said, that's cucumber. That's a that's a fish like, it's a living thing.
Speaker 4: What did it taste?
Speaker 12: And immediately felt sick, But it actually didn't taste too bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a little bit of cuce or something next time, have that in the other hand, or a little backpacker for your out there women.
Speaker 3: All right, Jody, thank you very much. You call me Peter.
Speaker 4: Ah going well, Pete and uh, Pete, I'm.
Speaker 14: Still laughing after that last school?
Speaker 4: Who does that? All right? Pete? What have you had in your mouth? Made?
Speaker 3: I had a European war, a European wasp.
Speaker 4: Wow culture there with a European was Pete? Your fancy little guy? You're just an Australian wasp. You go further abroad, a European wasp, a wasp of culture.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we're on a four day dirt bike ride up the country and at the back of bright And we stopped into the local pub for lunch and got myself a hot dog. I'd almost finished it when all of a sudden I nosed it was getting very spicy. And then I thought, no, this is a spice. This is actually hurting. And here's this European wasp covered in mayonnaise and mustard and and and then my mouth starts swelling up, my tongue swelled up.
Speaker 4: I was sort of talking, but Pete, tell me this, How do you know it was a European wasp?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 14: After I spat it out, I could see where it was. It was just slitting there on the covering tomato, sauce and mayonnaise.
Speaker 4: And that did they dressed?
Speaker 3: Definitely?
Speaker 4: I mean, what does a you how does it look?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Not the one you've sayn them where.
Speaker 6: It sucks with sandals.
Speaker 4: The heat. Yeah, like us Europeans. Okay, all right, thanks Bete, Christine.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 4: All right, Christine? What have you accidentally putting in your mouth?
Speaker 12: The panther and which is used for a lot of things, but this was a tattoo cream?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, used that before? Yeah, use it well and nipple bums, Yes, exactly right, but not in your mouth.
Speaker 11: The same same sized tube as the toothpaste, and I've just picked that up put it on toothbrush, not watching what I'm doing.
Speaker 13: And you know, it's really oily, so it's really.
Speaker 4: Hard to get off, thick coating on your teeth like some kind of enamel.
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, all.
Speaker 4: Right, Christine, thank you very much. Just try one last one. Anna, Hi, Anna, what have you accidentally put in your mouth?
Speaker 2: Well it wasn't me.
Speaker 16: I'm actually quite thankful it wasn't, but it was my aunt and she's a definitely a stay at home mum. So she was preparing lunches, making a tailet stand, which is that's all great and well, and then she changes the baby diaper and five minutes later she realizes a smear of the tailler on her hand down. Yah, yeah, no, no, thank you. As far as the worst thing I've ever had was you've went a prime. If you've got turtles there filter pumps, and I got a mouthful of turtle excretion and dead fish guts. So that's my best ever.
Speaker 4: Effort, right, and thank you very much. Producers come to the studio right now. We didn't need any of that fish guts and then poop and then turtle poop as well.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So this morning on trying to build a house.
Speaker 4: In the house is made up various rooms of your unfinished tasks and projects that you're supposed to have done. Maybe everything started it. So my house at the moment, my wife ordered one of these leg Masters. Some shopping channel, you know, the ones, was like a fifteen minute advert for it. So it's not just a workout thing so in way of life and oh you do this with it, and it's also fun to me. I watch TV and I'm on it, and I don't even feel like I'm working out anyway. This thing that I'm supposed to have built it three weeks ago, it's still it's not even come out of the box yet. So I'm running out of excuses now. So there's the leg Master. Also an interior kitchen door that's been broken for about two months now that I'm supposed to have prepared. Haven't got round to that. And then a new one I just remember now. Over the weekend went to start the barbie and there's a hissing noise from the gas canister and the stink of gas, and so I don't know what's going on there. You got a leak, Yeah, obviously got the leak, but I couldn't work out what it was. And I did the thing where you get some hot soapy waters around to try and fowl find out where it is in the valve or the pipe.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't think that's when you just leave and put your feet up. A week and a go. I'll get around to.
Speaker 4: That, all right.
Speaker 3: So next to the leg master then sat the gas leak.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: So we're trying to build a house. Then, of your unfinished projects? What have you got to donate to a house? Nine four one four one oh four three of those half done jobs around the house, Scotty, Come on in, guys, there were I'm pretty good, Scott. I hope you have a nice week, and welcome to the Showmate went to wrestling. It's fantastic, Thank you very much. And Scott, what have you got for our house of unfinished projects?
Speaker 16: Uh, that's only a small job.
Speaker 8: I've bought built a house in the backyard three years ago, been living it for the whole time.
Speaker 16: But I still haven't installed the toilet roll holder for the upstairs toilet.
Speaker 4: We've done so well you you but a home in your backyards?
Speaker 16: Yeah, there was huge, huge hues we hit the space in the backyard, so well do we just do it and then?
Speaker 4: But you haven't put the lou roll over. That's the last thing to do with a toilet roll holder.
Speaker 16: Still haven't done it.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you very much, Scotty, have a good week two.
Speaker 13: You guys everyone, What.
Speaker 4: Have you still got? Your mom?
Speaker 8: Mum and dad still don't have the toilet roll holder on and they don't have the screws in the bottom of the toilet to fix.
Speaker 6: It to the floor, so you have to like try and so you have to sit.
Speaker 8: Down very precisely because it's and slowly. Yeah, it's like sitting on a chair, you know when a chair leg is uneven and.
Speaker 6: Bobble back and forth. That's like what's sitting on our.
Speaker 4: Toilets almost sort of balanced boards or that you're upright paddle boarding or something.
Speaker 8: But you sat down so if you had to rush in, you could almost bowl it over, like if you're running in sit on the toilet with too much force one way you would lean it over.
Speaker 4: But also sometimes you know, if you're in and there's some business and you need to be more effort or something, I'm worried down, a little bit of shift to the right or something, and you could loosen it. So how long has it been like that?
Speaker 8: Since I had the Nay five, I would have been ten years old.
Speaker 4: I can see where you get it from. Then, then, what have you got your unfinished jobs for our house? Nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Tell me what? You don't have to do much these days to make some kind of accidental mistake. There's modern worlds for you know what the kind of the right thing is? These days? It's too much going on. I just I think I've just upset somebody on the team, just by going out to go to the toilet and walking past the team out there, Jack, what did you say? I didn't do anything. I just think this modern world, well, I didn't mean to upset anyone. You know, I'm not like that.
Speaker 6: I'm looking out into the gallery to see tears, you know.
Speaker 4: I'm just you know, I'm a polaroid guy in this modern world. But anyway, I'm walking back from the toilet. Tommy Bananas, who does all our filming. He goes, hey, Christian, do you use Strava?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 4: And this is an app for mapping your runs or if you go cycling.
Speaker 3: It's brilliant.
Speaker 4: I've been using it for years. And I go, yeah, I do, and carry on, and then I got this horble feeling. Was I meant to then sort of invite him or tell him what my loggin is? Or if I offended Tommy?
Speaker 6: Did you assume that he wasn't a runner?
Speaker 4: Well, no, I just didn't think it was. Then meant it was an he was hoping then he was angling that. I go, oh, yeah, I'm Bobby Knuckles.
Speaker 8: You know Facebook, it's like a sports person's Facebook. Maybe you will become friends.
Speaker 4: With I didn't know, you know, would you if he'd have asked you if you were Strava, would you think to say.
Speaker 8: Okay, Tom, yes I am on stray. But if you want to see how I did around the ten get out of here years ago, I'll let you.
Speaker 3: Join Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom talked to us here.
Speaker 4: What's what's happened? If I upset you.
Speaker 11: No, I've got to say I wasn't actually upset, but Sophie, who I work with, was just looking out for me, and she was worried that one.
Speaker 4: She's like, you know what she is, she's at the shop Steward here, I just OK, I've read the employee Hamburg and Christian's abauty human rights. So let's get him fired and send him back home. So were you hoping that I would invite you to join me on Strava?
Speaker 11: Well, I mean that would be nice, but that's not what I was getting at.
Speaker 4: Be honest with me. Were you if I set you here? Tom?
Speaker 11: I wasn't, But I'm going to follow you now. I'm going to hold you to it.
Speaker 6: No, Tom, what were you angling at?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 6: Do you think he should get in more shape? You think he looked in good shape?
Speaker 11: Yeah, he's looking in good shape, especially after how he's been sick and he's lost a few kill.
Speaker 3: Tell you what I feel ripped?
Speaker 4: You know? So you weren't angling when you said, am I on strave You weren't angling for me to invite you to join anything.
Speaker 11: I wasn't, But I feel like now we should be friends on Strava.
Speaker 4: Hey on, let me get the view here of head of social media for this Radi station, Sophie, Sophia. It's a brave new world out there, and you know, have I made a mistake if I offended someone? Am I now hashtag on lying around the world.
Speaker 7: I just found it strange that you didn't volunteer to become friends.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay, So if anyone asked me about if I'm on any app, grinder or whatever, I should go, I'm not.
Speaker 3: But it's my speaking of wish.
Speaker 6: That just reminds me how long have we worked together?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 6: Four months?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Only just this weekend? Did you start following me on Instagram?
Speaker 3: Him at a spare time? Last week?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 4: Three quick question, what do you think Pats is happier talking about postcode bingo or ten k? There a big work. I've got my suspicions you don't care for post co bingo?
Speaker 5: Oh no not, It's all right.
Speaker 7: It's easier to say than ten K that one doesn't feel this, you know, because she used to love all that and the accountants are going crazy again.
Speaker 4: Christians Pommy check books, been taught all that nothing, But you can't get into what's that motivation?
Speaker 6: You can't find your angle on the think about it today?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: You tomorrow, Patsy, get too creative.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I feel like we've now opened another door.
Speaker 4: Good news everyone. Today is World Octopus Day. We all knew it.
Speaker 3: Your your reminders have gone off on your phone.
Speaker 4: Today.
Speaker 3: Today is World Octopus Day.
Speaker 4: And today we're doing at work time waste seafood movies. I know none of those two things make sense. Who cares seafood movies? I've got natural prawn killers very good? Uh, Clambusters? What's that classic war movie? The dam Busters?
Speaker 6: Clan Busters as Ghostbusters?
Speaker 4: And you've gone just try to clam in there. Life Life of Paiella. Oh yeah, ever, yeah, this is a new movie. A Star is prawn, Oh Bradley and Lady Gaga.
Speaker 16: Huh?
Speaker 3: A star is porn.
Speaker 4: And whisky business, bisky business, risky business, Tom Cruise Early, Tom cruisemer bis.
Speaker 5: Bisk seafood a fish delicacy.
Speaker 4: Did you go to school at you never heard of bisk dish?
Speaker 6: What's in it?
Speaker 5: Sefood?
Speaker 3: Sam Star?
Speaker 4: All right, what have you got for seafood movies.
Speaker 3: Obviously nothing to do it.
Speaker 8: Bisk I've got some seafood of my own, made up Lord of the Calamari rings m Come on, feels.
Speaker 3: A bit post code bingo.
Speaker 8: I know what you squid last summer and you're racking the goals. Avatartar sauce.
Speaker 4: Ah, that's good as well, all right.
Speaker 6: Third and final one a Tata sauce.
Speaker 4: All right, send us yours and seafood movies. The back is the up, white time waste. Still look forward to marking the ten minutes time oh four seven five O three one O four three oh four seven five O three one O four three. You need to google now, bisk put.
Speaker 6: Some Tatar sauce on abisk.
Speaker 1: Clever the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Have you look what a biskit is on Google? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Wikipedia says a bisk is a traditional Yazidi ceremony involving the first haircut.
Speaker 4: No, that's a Jewish thing, it's no.
Speaker 6: The menefood is seafood dish.
Speaker 4: The bisk b i s k like a soupy kind of thing, isn't it.
Speaker 7: Pats, Yeah, it's like it's like a Moossy's.
Speaker 4: Isn't it like a seafood seafood moss I'd say soup.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it can be run.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and do you feel about clam chowder?
Speaker 5: Love it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: In Memphis foot.
Speaker 6: Is it is a bisk different.
Speaker 7: Yes, the showder is like a chunky stewite.
Speaker 4: You know what I might start to do is fill up my protein shake taken to chim I might just fill up with clam chowder and to start using that. Yeah, guys, get on this little health kick. All right, So on World octabus a World Octopus Day. Then, by the way, spot Price we got this week, go and see the great cheap trick. They're here at the Palais October the fifteenth, the brilliant cheat trick. I love the song Surrender. So for the best one we get there every day. Then keep an eye side Price. All right, it's World Octopus Day. Seafood movies, Flaking takes a nanosecond a drop in Amanda and Rosebud, well done, wolver Breen.
Speaker 6: I don't know a brain fish.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course there's a fish seafood movies.
Speaker 3: Wolver Brain is good.
Speaker 4: Silver Shane, He's not going to go and see a chip trick. Is he nes came on? Ok?
Speaker 6: Home abalone, but is it abalony?
Speaker 4: Yeah home abaloney Yeah.
Speaker 6: But then it's not really right.
Speaker 4: Bronze Bream were America World Police. That's good one. John and Croyd and that's good. Raiders of the Lost.
Speaker 8: Shark that's better. One that everybody knows a shark Gold.
Speaker 4: You already know about three fish, Nemo shark, that's it.
Speaker 3: The man who sued cod.
Speaker 6: That's good.
Speaker 4: Silver Paul in schools be well done, the School of Rock, Lobster, Gold Luke and Bayswater Clambo instead of Rambo.
Speaker 6: That's my favorite so far.
Speaker 4: Gold plus also on the same person, Honey shrunk the Squids, Double gold.
Speaker 3: For that person.
Speaker 6: Double gold.
Speaker 4: The karates good, that's great as well.
Speaker 3: Gold plus Maza and Crambourne.
Speaker 4: The Prawn Supremacy from Lea and Hobber's crossing, Silver Kill krill.
Speaker 6: Or krill Bill. They could have done, but they chose what they chose.
Speaker 3: Jack.
Speaker 4: We make our choices in life, don't we You know? We were defined by them? Perch perfect, said a pitch perfect perch fish.
Speaker 6: No you never, He doesn't really know.
Speaker 4: Sounds like you live on a giant Island and Honey, I know we've done that one mackerel to the future not close enough? All right? When Harry met sushi for rabbit.
Speaker 3: Rabbit does work? All right?
Speaker 4: Then who's got the tickets? Who's off the cheap trick? What's today's best in show?
Speaker 6: Honey, I shrunk the squids?
Speaker 4: Right, Okay, well done, Leah.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one four point three.
Speaker 4: Well, I feelt like I became a proper Melbourne over the week, got my first parking fine.
Speaker 5: Ah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but one hundred and sixty one dollars.
Speaker 7: Or you parked they stung years. They're normally like eighty bucks. Wasn't a clear way now it's more.
Speaker 4: Well, the reason why I have a parking ticket is because your parking signs are indecipherable. You need to be you need to be working as a codebreak at the pensacon.
Speaker 3: They winn't work it out.
Speaker 4: Hang on a minute. Why it's It's like a crust of arms is divided into four quadrants. In the top left hand there's something with like a dollar sign, and another one there's one till four and a peace sign. Then what's this in a bottom right hand corner. So I just parked the car.
Speaker 6: You need that machine. You need that machine he built in the imitation game.
Speaker 8: Always picking trying to figure out Banker has the same argument. She says, I never know what's going on. She'll take a photo where if I'm not with her, she'll take a photo and go.
Speaker 6: Can I park where I've parked and take a photo?
Speaker 4: I might start doing that with you. It's a parking bay.
Speaker 5: I'd appeal it.
Speaker 4: Can you represent in court?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 6: Does that ever work? To write the letter?
Speaker 8: I always always my first thought is I'm going to write the letter, and then I never get around.
Speaker 5: You generally get like one chance. I've got off a few. It depends what municipality it is.
Speaker 7: City of Melbourne's pretty hard bayside.
Speaker 6: That's why and sixty I try it.
Speaker 5: I would I try it?
Speaker 4: You might just be could you I tell you what it is? Able? Like? Could you write the letter for me and do with it?
Speaker 5: I'm a wordsmith.
Speaker 6: Thanks, that's a huge favorite. That's a pain in the But.
Speaker 4: Do you think it's a bigger pain to be asked to pick something from the airport or write?
Speaker 5: Definitely? Airport.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We are back tomorrow morning on the show.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much to listen to the Breakfast Show today. Title of today's show is a soft don't don't go around town saying the eagles or that people get onto you like they did sup poor old Whippy last this week it's it's as soft.
Speaker 3: As the apparently it's eagles.
Speaker 4: Give it's as soft as the pat that's too soft. That's a whisper, it's faint. It's more like this the Eagles.
Speaker 6: The Eagles.
Speaker 5: Could you join it like eagles?
Speaker 4: No, because different, that's that's not the Beagles. Anyway. We've got more tickets tomorrow morning at seven thirty to go and see the Eagles. I see. I don't think that was right either. And we've also got five topic Tuesday. Have a great day. We're speeching tomorrow The
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three