Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast. This morning, we're looking for your stories. What were my parents thinking? What did you build in your backyard? Logo Martin went in gold for Australian in the BMX Free Style, built an exact replica of what he was going to be doing the BMX Free Style on so he could be ready for it. Jack, what did you build again?
Speaker 2: I built a replica of Lose Handball from the Sunday Footy Show so that we could practice our handballs. And it was actually I'm so proud of it. I'm going to bring in the photo of it.
Speaker 3: See your uncle's part of the build for this construction.
Speaker 2: He did the cutting and me and my brother did the painting of the numbers.
Speaker 1: How Lucky Ammel are audio producer on the show.
Speaker 3: One of the teams she her dad did? She come in just now say you built a steam.
Speaker 2: Stream train in the backyard.
Speaker 1: I mean her dad was Robert Louis Stevenson who invented the steam train.
Speaker 3: That's incredible.
Speaker 1: And what were you covered in after I was covered in dog poop over the weekend? Nine four one four three con Good morning, Chris, how are you going good, I'm good.
Speaker 3: What were you covered in?
Speaker 1: Con?
Speaker 4: I was covered in we a means urinal.
Speaker 3: With the first one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And basically what happened was one of the guys, one of the workers, couldn't find a water toilet loo and he decided to have a leak in the shower. So I told I told him go inside the waterloo area and have a leak in there. He said, no, I can't find it. I said, okay, just go outside. So he didn't go outside. He decided to have a leak inside the shower. And as he had a leak, I was underneath connecting. There was a plug underneath the all three and I took off the all three and to cook it up, he totally saturated everything.
Speaker 3: Saturation.
Speaker 4: And afterwards what happened was as I threw up basically underneath the house, it was total and I yelled at him, what did you do?
Speaker 3: Joe?
Speaker 4: What did you do? I meet this name? Oh no, oh no. And as I as I rent to the car, I had to get some pine clean. I had some pina clean, and basically I washed my whole mouth, like mouth washed with the pinea clean, the whole lot, you know, And he was a disgrace. I yelled at him. I carried on.
Speaker 3: I told him, I going with you.
Speaker 1: You know, con a great story, very well, told you call the show every Tuesday please at seven forty.
Speaker 3: What an amazing story.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you more plumbing jokes later on.
Speaker 1: Maybe that was go too far, ki Oh, can't send you a little stein.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, very much. Team, Let's make sure that we never have time for plumbing jokes. Let's go to Jason.
Speaker 5: Come on and morning, guys, there you go.
Speaker 3: I'm good what we covered a few years.
Speaker 5: Ago with best friends. She said, come on taking the young one to a few contests, or all right, I'll come along. Went along and there was like a mister muscles uh segment. Well I'll pay for that one. And I entered him and as I held him up like the lion king style, I presented him to the crowd and there goes his n my top down the tank top and I sat there crowd with his lunch still on me for the rest of the afternoon.
Speaker 2: But you're hurried through, Jason. Firstly, was the baby entered into a mister muscles content?
Speaker 3: No baby's ripped. They all got the old chubby fat.
Speaker 1: You know the hub on they come of out nine months, just sat in there doing nothing.
Speaker 5: I entered him ending that and we won. I won his first trophy, a.
Speaker 3: Baby version of mister Muscles. I mean, I know you're a sportsman here, but that's just pushing it too much. Six weeks old guns and this threw.
Speaker 2: Up on you because you were juicing him for the six months.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: Hi, I'm Christian, my name is Joe, and I've been covering Monkey.
Speaker 3: We I'm on this from.
Speaker 1: In so many different directions, a show on shuffle Blade.
Speaker 3: This show isn't it monkey? You say story?
Speaker 6: What happened was we were going to Barley many years ago, as many people do, visiting the temples with all the monkeys. Been paying with Ryan. So I was drenched anyway, and we're walking through the temple with my then boyfriend now husband, and I said, I'm still getting wet, and we were taking photos of the monkey. What do you mean you're getting wet? I said, must be a leak in the roof of this temple. He goes, there's no leaks. So I said, well, I'm getting wet. And I looked up and there's a monkey sitting on a rafter kissing on me. Basically, so I was covered in monkey and I had to spend the whole rest of the trip on the tour smelling like monkey teas sacred the no campathy from the husband he said, oh, we'll just get over it, and I thought, oh great, So I just yeah, it wasn't great.
Speaker 3: And that's when he became a husband. You proposed right there.
Speaker 6: Actually yeah, I don't know why.
Speaker 3: All right, Joe, thank you very much? You cool?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 6: Bye?
Speaker 3: Alex, good morning, how are you? I'm goods. What have you been covered in? Alex?
Speaker 7: I was a med student quite a few years ago, and we have to catch twenty babies when we do our obstetrics term, you know, maternity.
Speaker 3: What's part of the test. They fire them at you. You must catch twenty babies out of thirty. You drop a single one, you do not pass.
Speaker 7: Oh it's pretty nerve breaking. They're pretty slippy when they come out. Sure, and so I'm trying to be looking professional. I'm a med student. I'm pretty nervous. The midwifes are showing you around. I've come in a shirt and tie in a suit, and one of the babies. I've taken off my jacket and I've rolled up my sleeves and the woman has decided she wants to give birth in the shower, but standing up. So I'm under there on my knees looking up, and what do we see instead of their head is the amniotic sack. The baby comes in and yeah, I get an amniotic.
Speaker 3: Wow, crame with protein. It's good for you.
Speaker 7: It doesn't taste like chicken, but yeah, pretty salty, and yeah, I'm.
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ of Nathan. Nathan.
Speaker 1: Come on, hello, come on, come on, Nathan, I say, if we can just clean up a bit now, Nathan, what did he build in your backyard?
Speaker 3: Mate?
Speaker 5: We built a Trevorshet.
Speaker 1: Of course, of course this show owns a catapult that we've never got around to use him because of various reasons.
Speaker 3: But anyway, when did you build a tribute? Why?
Speaker 8: So it was a few years back to me and me and my brothers went to visit my uncle in Perth for the weekend and we got there, got there on a Friday night and they.
Speaker 5: Picked us up.
Speaker 8: We stated his place and he went, okay, boys.
Speaker 5: So me and I've got.
Speaker 8: A twin brother, and we're both engineers and the uncle is a carpentat. So he said, okay, boys, this weekend we're building a Trevors Shay and went, okay. You know he likes a bit of a joke, so we thought it was just kidding.
Speaker 3: And it's a classic sort of joke.
Speaker 1: Isn't so well known go to praying Airport. I loved one classic uncle one oh one. Oh that's again, Uncle, just get my hammer.
Speaker 7: So yeah, he.
Speaker 8: Woke us upsting the next morning and it's time.
Speaker 1: It's time, the seasons of Right for the boys to become men by building the tribute Shae with their uncle in birth.
Speaker 8: Spent about two days making it.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 8: It was about I think it ended up being three or four meters tall.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, it was pretty ridiculous.
Speaker 8: And yeah, spent the weekend slinging watermelons across your backyard.
Speaker 3: But what fun, right, Yeah, yeah it was.
Speaker 5: It was good fun. Definitely a highlight of the weekend.
Speaker 3: Away. Awesome, all right, Nathan, thank you very much and cool. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast