Speaker 1: The Unplayable Podcast is proudly presented by Quantus, the official podcast partner and the official airline partner of Cricket Australia. Once again this season, Quantus is proud to be flying Australia's cricketers as they take on the world. Welcome to the Unplayable Podcast. It all comes down to this. After season of toil, we come to our last episode.
Speaker 2: The Shefford Steward is complete. All the Eussy cricket is complete.
Speaker 1: A few little bits and pieces still going on, but we're going to wrap it up with this episode.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: My name is josh On a Finger, bringing in Kane Richardson as always, who's probably feeling a little bit dusty after those South Australian celebrations over the weekend.
Speaker 2: How's it going mate, good mate?
Speaker 3: Yeah, pulled the as you can say, pulled the props out.
Speaker 4: On day five when I checked the score on Safari, it wasn't long after player it started just saying, oh, I wonder what the scorers?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's over.
Speaker 4: So I popped the champagne, canceled the rest of the day's plans and got amongst it. Facetimed in and it's basically like I'm there. But yeah, amazing, very very.
Speaker 2: Happy face timed in.
Speaker 3: No I didn't.
Speaker 5: That was a joke.
Speaker 3: Past players aren't welcome the Inness actum not like that.
Speaker 4: So but basically social media is like face time, yeah, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Some great videos from the rooms sing the song you were don't singing along at home?
Speaker 2: I imagine?
Speaker 4: Well I actually forgot the words, I think until because they've changed it as well. It used to be the Redbacks and now they've changed out to Soakka, so of course put the new spin on it, which they should. But yeah, great scenes are awesome to say, first time they've done it back to back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amazing in a one hundred and fifty or something years. So congratulations to South Australia. Do you want to get into the Weekly? We don't feel like there might be a connection.
Speaker 4: Is there anyone else? Can there be anyone else apart from Bosnian? Here's the good nova?
Speaker 6: Is that?
Speaker 3: How you say it?
Speaker 2: Close enough?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: They're going through the FIFA World coming.
Speaker 4: Out, knocked Italy out, so anyway we digress, but yes, absolutely South Astralia.
Speaker 2: May they're your weekly winner. Yeah, well we'll get to that final.
Speaker 1: We're going to hear from Ryan Harris and Nathan McSweeney, who did a press conference straight after that victory, So we'll throw to them in just a little bit. My weekly when I've gone a little bit different, I've gone for Adam Zamper because you know, when you're at home with two kids, it can be hard to find time to you know, watch the shows you want to watch. And over in the PSL, he put in a really good performance and then this is what he said after taking him the Player of the Match.
Speaker 4: I'm dedicating this trophy to Jerry Seinfeld's getting me through a lot of hotel time watching his TV shows.
Speaker 2: Thanks show. So there you go.
Speaker 1: I mean, I knew he was a big Seinfeld fan Zams, but obviously when you're wrangling two kids and life back home, it's hard to do.
Speaker 2: But when you're in a hotel in Pakistan, well makes sense.
Speaker 4: Well I'll argue that I've shared house with him before and big bash and he would chuck it on at ten am, put his kids down on the mat and sit there and watch it, so it doesn't matter if kids are around or not.
Speaker 3: That's like his background. It puts him to sleep as well. After a game.
Speaker 4: Been in his room a few times. You'll have a whiskey after a game, Chuck Seinfield on the iPad and I'll be like, all right up because he wants to talk about it, like he's the Dictionary of Seinfeld. And you're like, remember the episode fifty seven. No, I haven't watched it at all, so okay, yeah, it's his thing. Okay, So he had no word for word apparently, I think it does. Yeah, amazing, Yeah, all right, well there go.
Speaker 2: A week they winner.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get to the Sheffield Shield Final. It was South Australia winning in dramatic circumstances. On the fifth morning. Victoria needed one hundred and ninety five to win. In fact, they needed only ninety four more runs with seven wickets in hand at the end of the fourth day, but then double strike Hanscomb and Harris Firth went out in the space of a couple of balls. Victory were at the double night Watchman, and while those two survived the next day, they didn't last much longer on day five and the South Stralian quicks got the job done to go back to back.
Speaker 3: Well, it's the double strike.
Speaker 4: The night before when I saw Chris rogers speaking about it afterwards, But that feels now in hindsight, is such a pivotal moment, two experienced players.
Speaker 3: You spoke last week about Harris.
Speaker 4: Being in the middle order now and how much of a trump card that can be. But losing them both, yeah, that night and then sending in the double night watches. They did that deep with obviously everyone pushing down the order with the night watches, but yeah, those I think that's what they're rude, those dismissals and then also the Kerry mc andrew partnership that morning, and I'm sure South Australia as they reflect, there will be the two moments that they feel like they got out of jail and Victoria will feel like they let one slip. But what an amazing game, like a five day. The wicket was great, It felt like there was always something happening. So yeah, incredible some guys again enhance their stocks, but yeah, just a really good advertisement for domestic cricket.
Speaker 1: After we saw those two play at the match in round ten and it was a pretty placid surface and big scores and spinners bowling junk timeovers. Obviously the curators have just kept something up there. Their sleeve and produced an absolute cracking pitch, so that was good to see. And yeah, that Kerrey McAndrew partnership. Those two came together at seven for one hundred and twenty two. South Australia were only leading by fifty nine at that point, but Cary was given the singles so he got off strikes straight away pretty much every over and then McAndrew lasted for one hundred and forty four balls made sixty even though he was on one leg. He was really struggling to bowl in that first innings and then of course when the matress on the line and the second ding, there was no signs to that whatsoever. I think he said afterwards like the courtzone was just getting him through. He's a real warrior and had his coach Ryan Harris saying that he should be closer to Test selection.
Speaker 4: Well we did talk about that last week, didn't he That he's kind of that age profile now where it's kind of now and ever, and if he does get to the end of his career and doesn't play for Australia, I'm sure he'll not feel like he didn't leave anything to chance. He's, like you said, he's a worry he backs up all the time. He's resilient. He started his first class career, you know, in his late two so he's made up for lost time in this past, especially in the past three years. I think he's basically led the shield stats. So what an amazing recruitment from SA to get someone like that. And there's been a bit of talk again as there was last year, about how many of the guys are from interstate, But you can only you know if they want to come play for you and they're not going to gain for their home stay. I think that's that's shrewd recruiting and you give them an opportunity when no one else will. So he's taken it with both ends and he's putting together a serious first class career now. So I'm sure what Ryan Harris says will hold some weight when you know that brutal test schedule gets underway in August this year?
Speaker 1: What don't we hear from Nathan McSweeney and Ryan Harris, which also included the coach saying that this year surprisingly was a more special victory than their draft breaking one last year.
Speaker 2: So here they are.
Speaker 7: Tracking game are thoughts yesterday? When you're seven for only leading by sixty other.
Speaker 8: Yeah, very nervous thinking maybe the game has just slipped through our hands. But always you know, kezen Maka to be able to spend so much time in the middle and chip.
Speaker 9: Away you know, at a at a title.
Speaker 8: Saying you know, one thirty one forties and half, you know, and then to get I think one ninety five ahead. You know, it just gave us so much momentum and something to really bowl at.
Speaker 9: And you know, our quicks have been great.
Speaker 8: All year, probably the last you know, three or four years, so to give them the ball and.
Speaker 9: Go to work was fantastic to see.
Speaker 7: I'm pleasing to I guess have at least carry back in the side to shield five times now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mentioned it just before, but I think anytime he in particular where's you know, a baggy red and plays with the sacker. He you know, he's made so many runs for us in the.
Speaker 9: Last couple of years.
Speaker 8: You know, he's obviously on field performances are great, but off the field he's just as important. So good to have in my corner as a captain, just to bounce ideas off. You know. He brings a real calmness to the group and you know, we're very lucky to have him and he's always up for it, always up to play, and we're so lucky to have him in our team.
Speaker 2: Just guess on.
Speaker 7: Leam Scott's development last twenty four months and two really crucial Wi gets there the side.
Speaker 9: Few guys, Yeah, Scotty.
Speaker 8: You know, anyone that was here will know what the breeze was like the first few days. And for him to push up into the breeze all game to Nale's length to make batter his play consistently beat the bat. It is fantastic to see him get some reward late last night and this morning.
Speaker 9: So very lucky for me as a captain to hand him the ball.
Speaker 8: You know he won't you know that he'll control the scoreboard, he'll footballs in the right area, and today he got the reward, which is very pleasing to see.
Speaker 10: Question for both of you, there were so many moments and turning points in this game, but could have gone by the way so many times.
Speaker 4: Just for both of you, was the one particular moment where you win.
Speaker 2: That's what we's you know, that's where it esed.
Speaker 10: Is there anything that stuck out stood out? Probably last night with Harrison Hanskin.
Speaker 3: That was probably one for me.
Speaker 10: I reckon ten minutes before they were thinking if they get through tonight, we don't get at least one of them. It would have been tougher this morning, no doubt. But I think to get to know blakes who have played Test cricket, came bat long long time, about a long time and on again on a nice wicket with an old ball. That was sort of the turning for and I think to be able to to get them sixteen and nine minutes before stumps was was was pretty good. I think that was prob the turning point on top of probably the I mean the partnership. Obviously I was got asson to a position where we had a target to bowl at. But I reckon for me, that was probably last night.
Speaker 7: I speak last year about to stay and success. What's what's the next?
Speaker 2: Now? Number three will be nice.
Speaker 10: I'm going to enjoy this one first because this is as I was saying a couple player out there. Coaching for me last year was easy. You know, we had three last year virtually any not many injuries. Nathan went up to the Test team for a couple of games. We had carry back for a lot of that as we have this year. At the back end it was easy. This year was bloody hard and this is that's what probably makes this a little bit more special in terms of last year. Last year playing at home with all those people around was the state was just amazing. To come over here and do it in Victoria, which is as I said from the start, it's bloody good. But for this group and the organization, and you know, I've had the CEO, I've had a general manager count twin, so we've already won. Whether we won today, we've already won. We've been here. And the verstility of being you know, the trouble we've had during the year with players it was this year today is just more special. I mean, yeah, it's amazing. Stick I did an interview straight off the game. It's a bit emotional about it, but just so proud of these blokes and not just these guys, sorrow the whole group. You know, we've got twenty six guys. Heady's played two games this year. I know he'd be you know, he's sitting in India watching this, so I think just the whole group is I'm.
Speaker 1: Just so proud of they are two very chuffed individuals, back to back winners, and immediately they're just they've put themselves into the annals of South Stralia.
Speaker 2: Cock with these two victories.
Speaker 1: I was a bit surprised that Harris was so intent. I'm saying that this win was better than last year because obviously there was all that emotion around last year. But then when I heard him explain it and that the injuries are winning away first time a team has won that or done that in a decade, it makes sense that this one means more.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think managing through what he said, the injuries and the schedule, they haven't lost the game since October.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they've drawn a lot of cricket. They've done it the hard way.
Speaker 4: But also I actually messaged him last night, but it resonated last year when he was up accepting the trophy. How he said that he hopes it's not a long time waiting for the next one, and I reckon a lot of guys in that position. You've just broken a thirty year drought. I think that's the last thing in your mind. But I reckon for him because he used to play for South Australia through one of those periods where we didn't win anything, we didn't.
Speaker 3: Look like we were a basketcase. I reckon for.
Speaker 4: Him to then think in the moment, no, I want to be here again next year, and I reckon that would have resonated with a lot of other people and typical South Stralia usually when something's good, we're comfortable and content with that. But I think his attitude is not, we want more, so to back that up and be the first. Well they're the first South Australian team in one hundred and fifty years, So for him to say that it does mean more, it does make sense, and it's kind of that new attitude that he's brought to that team. They don't give up, they keep fighting. When I was at South Australia, as long as I was at South Australia, they were words that were never used to describe the South Astralian cricket team really and when I left, I think that's something that he's brought with him, and I reckon that just shows how much he's made an impact on that team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about I mean, there's ways to describe teams, but internally, I mean, I'm sure those words would have been used it.
Speaker 3: Oh, absolutely all.
Speaker 4: Everyone talks about each other and in this sanctum as glowing only as possible. But it doesn't matter what you think. It's what the opposition think or what the cricket community think of you. And you know, for ten years we were winning wooden spoons consistently. So like I said, for him to come in break the drought, but then also be like, we're not happy with just breaking the drought.
Speaker 3: Let's keep doing this.
Speaker 4: And they've got an opportunity, them and Victoria if you look at it, like with the young players they've both got, there's no excuse to not be back there again.
Speaker 3: So yeah, such an impressive coach.
Speaker 1: A lot of props have to go to Alex Carey as well. By reports, turned down a PSL deal to make sure that he was playing in the Sheffield Shield. Finally he became just third player to hit centuries in consecutive finals and both with victories of course, and he's certainly done a lot to enhance his reputation even further. I mean we had a few weeks ago Irene, I think it was nominate Carry as a big game player. Wow, this just underlines it once again. And he's done it again following on from that Adelaide Oval century earlier in the season.
Speaker 4: Well, we probably that chat, the big game players chat and the statues chat, we've probably left.
Speaker 3: We've probably had it too early.
Speaker 4: If we had it this week, I think his name front and seer would be out there. Get him a statue at it Adelaide Oval with Heady. So I think it definitely means something to him, Like when I look at that team like him, Jake Lehman, and then I'll throw those guys that were there mc Andrew mc sweeney. I'm trying to think of the guys that came across Henry Hunt kind of in the before Ryan Harris arrived and things started.
Speaker 2: To change, maybe Buckingham.
Speaker 4: Yeah, those guys they saw what it was like as it was, you know, they were trying to spring up the ladder, so they've Alex has been around a long time. He's gone back to the Darren Berry days, so you know that's a guy who's seen it both sides, and for him to go back and play the final and perform as well as he has it obviously means something to him. So yeah, legacy enhancing summer for Alex carry.
Speaker 1: Absolutely now I want to get your thoughts on the injury substitute which we saw coming to play in the third evening. Mitch Perry came in for the injured Sam Elliott got a wicket with the first ball. McSweeney did not for a shot, left out Australia three thirty five and in a lot of trouble. But it did ask It did have the cricket community asking questions about, well, how can we have a fresh bowler coming in to play on the thirty Any thoughts on that strong thoughts or.
Speaker 3: Well, it's been there all year, hasn't it and it's.
Speaker 1: Still a trial. We must say that they're just testing it out. But it could have had a huge impact.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it could have.
Speaker 4: I don't like it. We don't like I don't like it personally. I think, yeah, like you said, to have a bowler come in fresh. I know it's not their fault. I know why it happened, but that's part of four day cricket is if you do go a man down early on, it's just you know, you've got to fight even harder and it's kind of the balance of your team. When you select an eleven at the start of the game is to hopefully cover basis of you know, if you go a quick down or a spin or whatever it is, that you've got a good enough team to cover that. So I must admit I don't like it. I didn't also like that, well I did and didn't like that. Ryan Harris thought, well, you know, can we should we do the same? We've got where's Aga sitting there on the bench And yeah, that just to me is not what first class and four or five day crickets should be about. I think it is once the coin goes up, you're into it, and that's the eleven that have the opportunity. And if your twelfth man you are like you're dant, aren't you? And I know the concussion sub is probably different, but there was some stories that he wasn't even allowed to warm up in the nets, Like the umpires were saying to Mitch Berry, you can't warm up in the nets. So if you're going to have this rule, let's keep some common sense about it. They wouldn't let Ben Row of subfield when you know the real twelfth man was off playing club like it's just a mess. So if you're going to have this rule, have some understanding and some common sense around it, because that's pretty fast.
Speaker 1: Cool definitely, and because teams get the right to match. As you said, South Australia don't need an injury if Victoria used their injury sub how stiff would you be if you're one of those bowlers from South Australia who maybe we didn't bowl the best in the first innings, now we get subbed out without a chance to redeem yourself in the second.
Speaker 4: Well, that's absolutely right, and I think that's again the beauty of fourde cricket is you get that second innings to kind of make amends if you do have a poor first inning.
Speaker 3: So that's what Ryan Harris said.
Speaker 4: He he was happy with how they bowled in the first innings and he didn't feel like walking up to someone saying move over, you know, a guys coming in or whoever it was, is the right thing to do.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I just don't like that conversation at all.
Speaker 4: I understand why it's been there all year to trial, but I don't think it's got a future personally. I just don't like that whole conversation around it. You've you've flipped the coin and then you're into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, well we'll agree. I agree. I totally agree. That's good, no doubt for me here.
Speaker 1: But we'll see what Cricket Australia want to do next season. It's sort of on their balls in their court. And obviously we'll see what the ICC have thought about this trail as well, because they've been watching it as well.
Speaker 4: So was it any other competition in the world. No, not the minute, but don't countergree you don't do it na.
Speaker 1: I believe they were given the opportunity to bring it in for this season, but yeah, I don't think they've decided to do that.
Speaker 3: I don't think it makes sense in any format.
Speaker 2: Well, we have the impact player, but even.
Speaker 4: That becomes there's talk around that just not being you know, teams back way too long and changing the product of the game. Teams are making two undred and eighty. I don't think that's a good thing either, So again, what's wrong with that? You could have two different sheets for batting and bowling. Maybe that's a thing, but you know, there's nothing wrong. We've survived as long as we have with Bara Evans and just working it out.
Speaker 1: I also think there's too much opportunity to game the system with injury subs.
Speaker 4: And I mean we're not saying that happened in this case totally, but I do agree, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and maybe teams bring in a replacement who is a better batter than their It's never liked for life, it's never exactly like life, So tough one. I gave you a bit of homework as well during the week, given the talk of Nathan McAndrew being close to Australine selection and what we saw three pacemen outside of the Big three play for Australia over the Ashes series in Brenda Dogget, Michael Nice and Jay Richardson. I want to ask you if we were picking Cummens, Hazelwood, Stark and Boland as the first four selection, did who would be the next four in line? So for picking an Australia a squad to play, let's say a Perth Test fast and bouncy plan on offer for the fast bowlers. Who, if we're picking it today, who's getting picked?
Speaker 3: So so I can't pick the those four.
Speaker 1: You can't pick the Big four because they're playing for Australia. So who's for Australia.
Speaker 4: Well, I've the homework you gave me I didn't take those names into consideration. You just mentioned the ones who played in the ashes, just gone, so dog it, Oh you can use them. I feel like they're in the they're in the main squad, so they're available there, they're training getting ready.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, So my attack is Fergus O'Nell and Nathan McAndrew one and two, one and two.
Speaker 3: They're up in the bowling.
Speaker 4: I'm going to give you a This is a twelve, So this is my bowling group. In the twelve, you can pick the team. Okay, perfect.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to give you four quicks, a spinner and an all rounder.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, O'Neill and mckendrew, Liam Hatcher really and Riley Meredith.
Speaker 3: Okay, Corey rock Shelly is your.
Speaker 4: Spinner and Liam Scott your boy. So he's obviously in. But he's the all rounder. So again, so one of those guys gets injured in the game, Scott, his workload goes through the roof. That's why you pick an all around. That's why you have an allrounder or a spinner. Yeah, and a spinner. So there, my that's my attack. There's there's guys that are stiff. There's you know Mitch Perry, Sam Elliott that we spoke about. Gabe Bell had a good year. Shout out Cameron Gannon who played every single game as the thirty seven year old fast bowler by the way, So there's some unlucky guys there. Matt Kelly had a good first half of the year. But if I'm picking and I was a squad, they're my bowlers.
Speaker 2: And took to me about the Raley Meredith selection.
Speaker 4: Well, I've always been a big fan. He played five games this year, so small, small samples. Half the year he took thirty wickets, Yeah right, and I just I just feel like he should be in the conversation more for Australia all formats, clearly.
Speaker 3: Yeah absolutely.
Speaker 4: I did think that was a while there where he was wasted playing your career. I felt like he was burning his white ball stuff getting injured all the time. But I feel like his age now he should be past those things. He's always going to be at risk. He bowls one hundred and fifty k's now, so he's always going to be at risk. But that skill set I reckon, like Lence Maris, when he's fit, you just have to give them as many opportunities as possible with your bill they have, so yeah, he's he showed enough this year in first class cricket to be around the mark.
Speaker 1: I've got another step fear on Meredith as well. From those thirty wickets, ten of those were bold, which is obviously a third, so.
Speaker 3: You had him well, I've obviously done.
Speaker 1: Some racist looking at his wickets. Bout to have thirty of your wickets bold. That was the highest percentage in the Shield this season, so pretty good.
Speaker 2: That's pace.
Speaker 4: I think he's just like Big bash t twenty. He's shown he keeps getting better. He's just he's become consistent and he doesn't get a whole lot of opportunity in first clas career because he often has managed rested hoe about hurricanes.
Speaker 3: You know you've got to look after him.
Speaker 4: But I think if he played seven eight first class games a year, he'd be amongst the highest wicket takers always. And it's just again that skills that you want guys like that in your team. So I don't know how old he is, but I still feel like he's late twenties. He's got a bit of time on his side, and.
Speaker 1: From New South Wales obviously Liam Hatcher had a career best year so far. He led all comers with forty four wickets in the Shield. Does he pick like a fellow in New South Walesshman like Sean Abbott's for that spot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think from just talking to people this year, the year he had. It's not based purely off stats which helps. But he was leading wicket taker, but he just didn't go away. I think he backed up in games. He would just keep coming in. He would never relent. He'd be the guy had the bowl bouncers. You know from memory that's a tough job like having to do that. You know, he he did it, he did it well and he kept performing. So I think he's probably a guy that with New South Wales changing coach, I reckon, that's one you're looking in as the leader of your bowling attack now going forward. So probably surprised a few people based off one good year, but I think there's again a good skill set there. He bowls quick enough, he just doesn't go away, and they're the guys you want in your team.
Speaker 1: Excellent, Okay, we'll lock those floor in and debate away away.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Why don't we take a quick break for show when are we going to come back, we'll talk about our breakout picks for the year, the players who were doing their thing in the PSL and the Aussie women dominating in the Caravan. So earlier in the year we selected a range of players who we thought might be breakout players for this season.
Speaker 2: Richo and I think it was back in September.
Speaker 1: Or a while ago, maybe even August, and so we put our next on the line and we've selected some players and well.
Speaker 2: They haven't all been hits. There have been some hits in there, and.
Speaker 1: So we might just circle back to those now seats the receipts exactly. There were a few obvious ones who we missed who I did make an note of. Liam Hatcher was of course one of those. None of us picked him, but he had a fantastic season. Tim Ward in all three formats was very good.
Speaker 2: Who else?
Speaker 1: Rachael Trenaman came into the Test squad fantastic talent from Tasmania. And Annie Wickman as well from the Act had a great season. There was one ails who I had on that list I'm now blanking on, but we can come back. So take it away. Who were you happy with from your selection.
Speaker 4: Well, mine were Jack Edwards, Brodie Couch, Millie Illingworth, Marley Bidman and Jordan Buckingham. So I remember I think we spoke about it, some parameters around it because you could pick her Anna Belle Sutherland, does it breakout if you wanted to, but she had broken out already, So my thought was there on the cusp of Australian selection that was kind of my and the Couch one you could say is probably far fetched, but I originally had cal Vidler as I think that's right. Jack may have had or that's right, and so it was a late change and I feel like he was going to have a big year for w A with.
Speaker 3: Lance Marris being injured.
Speaker 4: He had a decent shield season but probably didn't nail the Big Bash like he wanted. But my star will be Jack Edwards. So first hand watching him at the sixers the Big Bash can painting put together, I think he surprised himself but also everyone at how consistent and dependable he became with the ball, which he hadn't shown. He'd shown glimpses, but to be bowling, powerplay, surge, death, power, hitting at the end safe our hands just showed the whole package, which he had been there's been glimpses for a while, gets his first Australian cap, So tick that one off. That was my kind of thought process. He's he going to push away for austra Marley Pibman also did, but I think that was an easy tick for everyone we got all picked him and probably known.
Speaker 1: So how hard is it to bowl in all three phases of T twenty cricket? Not many players can do it, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's tough, especially the Big Bash with the surge, just having four phases, four faces. Yeah you could, Yeah, it is, it is so Oh, it's so hard. I think for someone like that as well. Whenever I did, I didn't have the stress of having to also bat middle order or power hit at the end. So his training and his prep for a game would be double the amount of what what I remember doing. So it's a large workload. But if he can sustain that again, and they're going to hope he can. You know that they're the guys who don't grow on trees. They're Diame ad dozen So big future for him, but yeah, big summer.
Speaker 2: And he's been around for a long time. Sold is he Well?
Speaker 4: I think that was the appeal of the selection as well, is that captain New South I was and fort a cricket.
Speaker 3: He's been around.
Speaker 4: I remember playing him what feels like ten years ago, but he's twenty six. I wasn't ten years ago. So yeah, been around long enough that he was going to finally start nailing it. So probably wasn't a massive call from me in hindsight.
Speaker 2: As you said though.
Speaker 1: He made his T twenty debut and Pakistan just last month and then it was also named in the BBL Team of the Tournament, so that's a pretty good sign.
Speaker 4: There and IPL paycheck half a million dollars. Unfortunately he's injured and that's probably the one thing he's a little bit now he's going to have to contend with. But anytime you're getting picked in the IPL for decent coin, he's almost like being picked for Australian in terms of you're a wanted commodity.
Speaker 1: So big summer, great well done, Jack and Rich I think you So my selection were Liam Scott, Caleb Jewell, Lockey, Hern Sophie day Sien and Ginger And it's hard to go past Lamb Scott, isn't it. Sheffield should player of the tournament obviously in that team of the tournament as well. I mean he's made in first class century, he's got a fifer and claimed his second Shield title to a couple of key wickets as well.
Speaker 4: He had a big say in the final, didn't he as well. Yeah, just showed his verse untility again.
Speaker 1: And I think it showed a lot of people just how reliable he is with the ball, like his consistency. Obviously we were marveling at Fergus O'Neil for Victoria, who seemingly never missed the spot. Scott was equally as good as Nathan Tweeny said. He was bowling into the breeze the whole game, which you've got experience with, but a lot of fast fallals don't like doing.
Speaker 4: So Yeah, props to him. It was a great season, great pick. He's one of those guys. I remember seeing him when he came to SA. I think he came from me the New South. I was a Queensland. But there the coaches are like, he's on. That's the equivalent of a top five draft pick in footy, and somehow he's come here because he feels like he'll get an opportunity, so again, he's one of these guys that if he's in New South Wales doesn't feel like he'll get a game as quick as he wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Essay, and I remember seeing him.
Speaker 4: I was like I was a slow burn early and he was always the guy he is now is what we needed back ten years ago. He could bowl fifteen overs a day, be dependable, bat middle order again, be consistent.
Speaker 3: We didn't have that for so long.
Speaker 4: We didn't have that really ever, So sorry to the guys who I played with that tried to fill that role. But those guys who can it's like an Andrew McDonald for Victoria. For so long, that was always the guy we wanted to find and they finally got him. So and again you're talking cusp of australiage selection. There's some good all around as Bo Webster's around the mark and obviously cam Green's are going anywhere. But you're putting pressure on him with a season like that, aren't you. So I think he gets to go to England now gets his first taste accounting cricket, so again his development will keep continuing on and for him staying injury free and also keep building on that consistency. But massive tick from un Scotty and a.
Speaker 1: Good big bash campaign from him as well. Actually, so that's also another little tick I've said to that one. Yep, from Jack Painter's point of view. He's another senior writer at cricket dot com dot au. He went from Ali Beardman as well. He had Lucy Hamilton on the list, Campbell Callaway, Charlie not and Ralph McMillan. We're probably just going to have to give a tick to Lucy Hamilton there. We maybe a bit of an obvious selection, but she made her debut in all three formats at the end of this summer and dominated on test debut looks the part. She's got Captain c experience, so there's that leadership bangle as well, and yeah, she's just going to be a star.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Her debut was incredible, wasn't it. So it looked like a season pro, not someone on debut. So, like you said, it was an easy tick. But did anyone else pick her?
Speaker 10: I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well Laura Jolly and Luam Cameron.
Speaker 3: Oh there you go, So it was an easy tick.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I should have copied the notes on that one maybe, but yeah, massive tick for that one.
Speaker 1: Laura Jollie went for Siena Ginger similar to me, also had Lucy Hamilton, also had Chilling Knight and then Anaka Leroid and Grace Lyons as well. I guess we'll give the ticks to Hamilton. We'll speak on their behalf, an't we We will have to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have to.
Speaker 1: And Louis Cameron went for Lucy Hamilton again, so that's a tick blake. Nickaitaris, Tom Whitney, Aidan O'Connor, those three guys all played two Shield matches this season.
Speaker 2: Just a bit of numerology there for you.
Speaker 1: And then also went for the left field pick of Annabelle Sutherland, who claimed her second Blinda Clark Award. Obviously dominated the Test matches, but we said that she needed to be a player of the tournament the World Cup to actually grow again and she didn't quite get.
Speaker 3: There, cross but keeping on her though she's going next year.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: And so while we're talking about Annama Belle, so when she is sitting out this tour of the West Indies at Australia at the minute, but it hasn't stopped Sophi Mullenhu's team just continuing to win they won that T twenty series three. Now they've now won the first two odioiyes pretty convincingly as well, the first one by one hundred and three runs where they scored a record three hundred and forty one at the highest score ever in women's odios in the Caribbean, and then they won the second by ninety runs. Georgia ware them struggled in the T twenty series, but then player of the matching both of those first two odiis with wickets and runs. And yeah, her spot in the order seems to fluctuate quite a lot up and down, but she's flexible and she generally delivers when she gets a chance.
Speaker 3: She's gone, isn't she?
Speaker 4: And it just showed they flex their muscles in fifty over cricket again do their format?
Speaker 3: So great?
Speaker 4: Great two games do they have? So that third game they have a break before the World Cup, they get a bit of time off, so dune for that one in England. So that's a bit of a building to that. So hopefully they finished the three matches well. But yeah, great signs for the fifty over stuff. Not that they will apply in England, of course, but yeah, just like we spoke about Lizzie Heally moving on a bit of a transition period, but some younger players have come in and just shown there at home, so the future does look broight for the women's team.
Speaker 1: And Sophie Moulinu. She's in this team at the minute. She's not bowling because she can't with her injury at the minute, so it's good that she can still play and contribute, and she's been making runs and sort of batting up the order of it as well. Obviously she's captain, so she needs to be around this team and just having time in the eleven would be more valuable than trying to lead from the sidelines, I suppose.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, and just being out there, as you said, captaining, building the relationship between bowler's field placings, her bowling ability will fit in wherever like that. That's just such a bonus to have. So yeah, to have her on the ground there building those relationships before the World Cup such a massive plus, rather than her sitting at home in Australia or just being on the bench there.
Speaker 1: So yeah, good science, And unlike South Australia from your ear, there's no shortage of all around us in this human's team is there. Everybody's sitting eye bowls, so they've got.
Speaker 2: Plenty of options.
Speaker 3: A good problem to have, isn't that.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: It's a good way to build a white ball team because if you know certain things aren't penning out in the day, you've got five or six other options that can fill the void. It can sometimes too many cooks in the kitchen, but if things are going well, good leadership, I'm sure it's a good problem to have.
Speaker 2: Totally. Let's get to the parcel.
Speaker 1: It felt a bit bad because we gave so much attention to the IPL on the last episode, but we've got as many Australians playing in Pakistan as we do in India this season, so let's just quickly run through who's over there. There's three Australian captains across the league, which is great to see, including Ashton Turner who's leading the Molten Sultans.
Speaker 2: He's playing there with.
Speaker 1: Steve Smith, Josh Philippi, Peter Siddll Lockey Shaw at the Krauchi Kings. We've got that man Adam Zamper from the Weekly Winner and he's captain by David Warner the Quit Gladiators.
Speaker 2: That's a pretty good nickname as well, isn't it.
Speaker 1: They've got Ben McDermott and Sam Harper who's going to arrive after playing in that Sheffield Shield final. The Hydrobrad Kingsman one of the new sides who have come in. Manus Labushane is their captain and they've also got Raley Meredith and they will soon be joined by Glenn Maxwell Royal Pindi Pindy's the other new team was mcquig is leading the charge for them. He's just been a late inclusion. Peshwaz Almi have Aaron Hardy Lahare Clelander's sorry, they have Daniel Sam's. They've provided the Melbourne Stars with quite a few players over the years, the Colanders and Islamabad United. They've got Chris Green, so lots and lots of players to be across. I've seen that there's been some action on foxtewel and ko Sports if you want to catch some of the Pacel No crowds of course, which is a shame because of the fuel and oil crisis at the minute, but plenty of Ozzi's strutting their stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a few games in so I'm trying to think whose exams has started well, like he's man of the match chat that you threw to right, my boy, Riley Meredith had a good game taking weeks. Josh Philippe started well on Ashton Turner, as he said as captain. So it's on my those guys who, if you're not in the IPL, reckoning to go and play a quality competition at the exact same time. And like you said, the Sam Harper's these guys who haven't had an opportunity to play franchise cricket all of a sudden thrown into what is a really good league over there.
Speaker 3: So it's unfortunate crowds aren't there because it's a.
Speaker 4: Bit of a COVID film. We don't want to go back to that. But still quality cricket. Quality cricket is throughout. So I'm not sure the time's own, but if you can tune.
Speaker 1: In, well Harper was the other breakout player that we missed.
Speaker 3: He I thought you mentioned him, did I mention it?
Speaker 2: Well, neither of us picked it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he had a fantastic season, didn't he all three formats, A memorable century on Boxing Day.
Speaker 3: Memorable. I remember that for the rest of my life.
Speaker 4: But also the shield he backed that up, did open in the batting Sons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and some good runs in the One Day Cup as well. So I mean, who knows if we get to a tour and we need another backup keeper. Well he's putting his hand right.
Speaker 3: I never have too many of those, can you.
Speaker 1: No, you can't, Cameron Green, he's not bowling in the IPL at the in the Cricket Australia said he's just got a little back niggle at the minute. So they're being ultra cautious given he had that serious back surgery about eighteen months ago now, and that's fair enough. If he doesn't bowl in the first fortnight of this tournament, well it's an eight week tournament or something is that, so he's got plenty of time to build into that. But there were a few questions surrounding that. So good to see that they're just easing him back into that.
Speaker 4: I'm sure there was some conversation. I'm not sure this just happened overnight. I'm sure there was, Like you know, some dialogue has been had in the lead up. So, but what a gig he has to about just about three on four mil. That's a great gig. Just stroll out there in the powerplay, struck a few around, put the fielding boots on, chill it cover.
Speaker 3: It's a great gig.
Speaker 4: So nah, But like I jokingly said on the part timers, and we had the him and T twenty cricket at part time, but we do need him bowling more. I think like his skill set again, especially whitebool cricket. His batting's great, but to throw him the ball again, like we said with the women team, he can never have too many of that player, so hopefully his body can get over those things because he need him bowling.
Speaker 3: He bowls one hundred footy k's. He started his career as a bowler and sield cricket.
Speaker 1: His numbers are great, So is it fair to say we haven't seen the best of him bowling at international level?
Speaker 3: There's been glimpses in test matches.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, which again like the Leam Scott conversation, just great to have someone that you can throw ten overs to and he's he could if he wanted to be a frontline quick he probably could have been in a different career.
Speaker 3: But he's batting is so good that it's taken.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, we came into the wa side.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think he took a first class five for in maybe his second or third game. So yeah, it's funny how things. It's a bit of Shane Watson trajectory in terms of the batting has taken over his time. But it would be such a waste to not have someone like that being able to bowl as well, and especially in white wool cricket. To have him it doesn't have to be ten overs in one day, as it doesn't have to be four in a T twenty, but to throw him an over or two in a T twenty, or you know, a spell in a one day, just in the middle when nothing else is happening, it's pretty handy. So hopefully you can get that body right.
Speaker 1: So we might see him opening the batting with Simon Cattich soon in Test cricket. Is Alread's saying if he's following the Watson trajectory.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's not what I meant. I'll leave that one alone all right.
Speaker 1: Now the under nineteen women, there's going to be cricket happening all throughout April in Australia. Kristen Beams and Meg Lanning they are going to be coaching the new squad of Australian stars. They've got a T twenty World Cup coming up next year and so they've playing against England and Sri Lanka over the next month. I had a quick chat to those two coaches about what's coming up and which are the players we should be looking out for, and here they are now. April May sing all the end of cricket season for some, but not for a squad of Australia's best young female cricketers. Former Australian League spinner Kristen Beams is head coach of the Australian under nineteens. They've got games against England and shank are coming up and she'll be assisted by Meg Lanning as well in the coaching department there. So welcome to the Unplayable podcast.
Speaker 2: You too, Christin.
Speaker 1: Why don't we start with you tell us about this try series that's coming up.
Speaker 11: Thanks for having us.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a really great opportunity this Try series, and we've tried a lot of TRY series in the under nineteen space.
Speaker 11: I think it's great preparation for match play leading into World Cups.
Speaker 6: But to have great opposition in England and Sri Lanka joining us in a series that's got both fifty over and T twenty cricket we think is the right style of preparation for a World Cup, but also to help them with those development pieces to hopefully go on and be a part of multi format series for Australia moving forward. So it's an opportunity within twelve months of a World Cup to actually go and play against really good opposition, try some things.
Speaker 11: At the back end of a season, which is a really cool time.
Speaker 6: They've made some great gains already across the season, a chance to go and show off their skills.
Speaker 1: Now you mentioned that World Cup a couple of times there, Bangaldesh and Nepal. That's next year. Is that what the focus for this series is is on or looking at other things as well.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's a little bit of a mixture.
Speaker 6: This group of players that we have here all eligible to go to the under ninety World Cup, so that's a really nice piece that's ahead of them as well. But we look even further ahead for these series as well. It's not just about leading into a World Cup. It's obviously great to have that preparation and to go into those World Cup and learn tournament play and try and find ways to win and win a World Cup with think there's great development in that, but also to think forward to some skills and development pieces that they might need to be successful in WBBL and WNCL cricket and going on to being future Australian players. So what are all those building blocks that's going to help them to make gains in their playing career. And you know, hopefully we've seen some of these girls play WNCL cricket already, so some of them are already getting exposed at a pretty young age.
Speaker 1: They've got Meg on as development coach here. How did that recruitment take place? Was that you're doing or has Meg put a hand up? How did that all work out?
Speaker 11: I actually think it was a little bit of that.
Speaker 5: Look.
Speaker 6: I think when you're thinking about people that you want in and around our best young players, I think it's a bit of a no brainer to have Meg involved, and I think on multiple fronts. I think the way she thinks about the game as a captain and being able to mentor a group of young leaders who are really at the start of their journey and understanding leadership is a really special part.
Speaker 11: But also from that batting piece as well, I think working with Lisa Kyley.
Speaker 6: I think it's such a great mixture of experiences in different styles that's going to be really helpful for players. So I think there's probably a few nervous girls thinking about talking to Meg Lanning over the next three weeks. But I think for me personally, as somebody I played a lot of cricket with and had a great working relationship as bowler captain, I think that's really crucial for players moving forward, So no brainer for me to kind of pester about it. We had her at the Landing Perry last year, which is funny in itself because it's camp named after her.
Speaker 11: But I think to have her involved and to bring a you know, on this journey.
Speaker 6: And working with their best under nine en players and there's no doubt she could go on and be a great coach if she wants to, But at the moment, it's about her having a great experience with these girls as well.
Speaker 1: And Meg, you've been captain virtually your whole career. How have you found the transition from captain c into coaching. It's still early days, but have you found it so far?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's something I'm really looking forward to.
Speaker 5: I feel like I've got a lot to learn and understand, I guess from a coach's perspective.
Speaker 11: Obviously done a lot of playing over the.
Speaker 5: Time and understand that view, but it is slightly different, I guess from a coach's perspective.
Speaker 11: But I get the opportunity to work with Beamsy and and.
Speaker 5: Lisa Kietly Clive Rose as well, who've had some really good experience in this space, and especially working with the Pathway girls. So yeah, I feel like I'm really excited about the opportunity to learn a lot through the process, but then also gets get to know the girls and try and pass on some of the knowledge and experiences that I had throughout my career and try and help them developers as much as possible, and also help them to have a really enjoyable and fun experience, you know. I know, growing up, when I got the opportunity to meet to meet you know, other players who played for a long time, I always enjoyed that experience and left, you know, left it in a really positive way. So that's really something I'm hoping to do with this group of girls is make sure they have some fun and learn some things along the way.
Speaker 11: And yeah, hopefully they leave this too better cricketers than people.
Speaker 2: The pathway system seems really strong at the minute.
Speaker 5: Meg.
Speaker 1: When you made your debut for Victoria you were sixteen, I believe it must be completely different landscape to what it was then to what it is now for these young girls coming through.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Absolutely, the talent coming through is incredible. You know, there's really highly skilled players coming in who you know, really get opportunities at higher levels at a very young age and it's really exciting to see. I think, you know, it's a testament to the pathway programs that are in place with Beansy sort of leading the way in that it gives them really good opportunities to learn and develop and also expose them to challenging situations as well. So I think that's what we'll get throughout this series. Come out up against two different teams in Trolankor and England. I think that just provides the platform for girls to be exposed to different situations and I guess prepares them in a way for what might come moving forward to And we've seen with some of the young debutantes in the Australian team at the moment they come into the side and they're able to dominate and.
Speaker 11: Contribute straight away. So that's what I guess tours like this are about, is trying to expose them, you know, the younger girls, the things they might come up against down the track.
Speaker 1: Now, Kristin, this one's for you. Kieva Bray, her name isn't in this squad. She had that backstress fracture earlier in the season. Do you have an update on her and how she's tracking.
Speaker 11: Yeah, she wasn't.
Speaker 6: She was unavailable for this series, but obviously always comes up in conversation as well. So well and truly eligible for the next World Cup as well. So look, we've seen her perform at the highest level domestically. She was unbelievable in the last World Cup, named in the Team of the tournament, so you know, when she's fit and able, i'd expect her to be in and around this group. I think she's one of quite a few really exciting players who has looked really comfortable at a senior level, but also in and around this program as well, So we hope to have her around in the future for that, but it also provides an opportunity for other young players, So there's others that are getting that opportunity as well, and injury is an unfortunate part of the game, but it's something that you've got to kind of work through and we look forward to having a back around soon.
Speaker 1: Lucy Hamilton, she's the one who is fresh out of that under nineteen system and there's already made waves on the international scene. We've got Mia Barwick making some headlines down in Tasmania as well. She's in this squad. Who are the other names that we should be watching out for during this series.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think what's been great for many of these girls through the Spring Challenge leading into the last WBBL have had an opportunity. I Stafford has played for Japan as well as the Australian of the nineteen group and play in the Spring Challenge for the Brisbane Heat, as did Philip Asussi.
Speaker 11: Played in there as well.
Speaker 6: Ara Airy has played for Victoria in WNCL in the New Year, as well as the Melbourne Starts through the Spring Challenge.
Speaker 11: So there's actually quite.
Speaker 6: A few of the girls that have had that those opportunities as well as the ones that you've mentioned as well, and I think that's a really cool part about where the women's game is at I think those talented players through competitions like the Spring Challenger getting the opportunity as well as this sort of international under nineteen cricket as well. I feel like every time I talked to someone who used to play with or or a pass player from the Aussie setup, they always say, I wish I'd have had an Under nineteen World Cup. You know, we're only we're coming up to the third edition of that Under nineteen World Cup. So it's a pretty cool opportunity that helps prepare you to be playing senior cricket. And we've seen a lot of the guys come through the Under nine A Male World Cup and go on and play for Australia, So it's a it's a pretty cool thing that be a part of.
Speaker 1: And Meghan on the batting front, are there some good young stars that have really caught your eyes so far? And I mean there's Christian touched on. Quite a couple of these players have already played WNCL for example.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I think there's some really really good depth within the squad and I guess it just provides all of them with opportunities to really show us what their their skills are. So yeah, For me, it's just about learning a little bit about these players and what their strengths are and where are some areas where they can keep improving their game and then keep taking it to the next level. So yeah, I haven't had a lot of exposure exposure to them, I guess, but really excited just to see them develop and try and understand their games a little bit more so that you know when they do get into those Spring Challenges or into WNCL then they're pretty well equipped to be able to perform. So yeah, we've had a training session here today and really excited about the talent that's on show and what we've got to work with.
Speaker 1: Now England one of the opponents. Do the girls need to be reminded or given any lessons on what the Australias as England rivalry means or are they pretty to date with all that.
Speaker 11: I think it's well and truly entrenched in them for whatever reason.
Speaker 6: I think that that just happens to be the case, so I'd expect it'll be a good little tussle. We've we've had some good contests against them in the past as well, and it's I think it's really good for us to come up against them as opposition. We've played a lot of cricket in the subcontinent against Sri Lanka and really kind of spin dominated, so it's it's nice to come up against England to you know, you look at both competitions in the WBBL and THEE hundred, where you know both both teams are hoping to push players throughto into that as well.
Speaker 11: So they're really good.
Speaker 6: Opposition for us, and hopefully they'll have some battles now and they'll go into an ASHES series in five years time and they'll be able to pick up those contests where they left off.
Speaker 11: So we'll start them young in terms of that rivalry, that's.
Speaker 1: For sure, Kristin. We all have a leg spinner, especially on this podcast. Are there any strong leg spinners coming through as well in this squad.
Speaker 6: I always get in trouble for picking up too many leg spinners, but you're right there. I tend to always find a way, but we actually have leg spinners in this group. In Teagan went to the last World Cup.
Speaker 11: I Stafford, as I mentioned, played for for Japan as well as the AUSSI under nineteen's and Emily Powell as well, so three really different styles of leg spinners, which is which is really cool to have in and around the group. Probably more spin bowlers in this cycle. Each cycle was a little bit different.
Speaker 6: I thought we had quite a few pace bowlers, which was led by Lucy Hamilton in the in the last cycle, and this one or few more spinners.
Speaker 11: So I'll never be complaining about lots of spinners, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: And just finally this one for both if you are teenagers obviously have a very different vocabulary to every other generation are he goes up with the current lingo of the young crop or struggling a bit on that front.
Speaker 5: Well, so yeah, not up today, not up like another language they're talking sometimes. So but there's lots of personalities here, which is really cool, and we love people to come in and try and be themselves and provide some entertainment.
Speaker 6: So no doubt there'll be plenty of that throughout the series. He has nothing better to make you feel old than hanging out with that's for sure. So I don't know often what they're talking about, and they probably don't know what we're talking about either, And what social media platform is popular, I have absolutely no idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so teenage lingo Richo, it's obviously going to be important for those coaches to try and get a cross that. I must admit I'm feeling old every time I speak to someone younger.
Speaker 2: How are you? I mean, your kids probably aren't quite.
Speaker 3: Nice that age. No different language, isn't it.
Speaker 4: It would be a challenge that communication has to be pinpoint with the teenage just because yeah, they've got their own language now, haven't they.
Speaker 3: So just keep it cricket specific. I think you'll be fine.
Speaker 2: Cricket lexicond doesn't change too much.
Speaker 4: It's stayed stands the time the cricket chat, so yeah, they'll be fine.
Speaker 1: All right, that'll just about doing for this season, Richo. We've toiled away and we've got here to this final stage and final episode of the season. So good work from this corner of the podcast. What's planned for your off season that you're going to be putting the feed up or hitting the nets or what's on.
Speaker 4: For There'll be no hitting of the nets. They'll be putting the feed up for sure. So now I've enjoyed it thanks to the opportunity. I've loved once a week just chatting cricket. So try and keep a close eye on what's going on. But thanks captain, you run a really tight ship over here. We've changed studios twice, so we've been around. It's been a long season. Back in what was July or August we started, so there's been a bit going on. But now we wind down, we taper, it's mad Monday, we relax and we have a good off season.
Speaker 3: So what about you.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be putting my feed up. I've got a bit of a few events coming up. I've got actually getting married at the end of May. So shout out to my fiance Bella. She's been looking for a shout out for the whole season. So there you go, last episode. There you go, and then it's been tuning in all year and then heading up. Actually you mentioned Bosnia and Hurts heading to the feet wall Cup watch them to watch Australia in Bosnia, so it would be.
Speaker 4: Fun, excellent, Well, big off season for you, not for me, so enjoy that, good luck with it. And when will the Unplayable pod be backed?
Speaker 1: You know, we'll probably be back in August, i'd say, ahead of the Australia Test matches against Bangladesh, so maybe we'll be chatting that we'll.
Speaker 4: Say, we'll say, we'll see, so stay tuned for that. But again, thanks for the opportunity.
Speaker 3: It's been a pleasure.
Speaker 2: It's time to head to the pub.
Speaker 3: You stay classy, San Diego.