Speaker 1: iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 3: Got anything good?
Speaker 4: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Spoil you all loved.
Speaker 2: Ones this Valentine's Day with their favorite fragrance from Kimmi's way House.
Speaker 1: Find the huge range of fragrances at the lowest prices in store online at Kimmi's ware House. Good Morning's coome oning Alex. Good morning Now.
Speaker 2: This week I'm in Sydney doing the show, and the producers are here, and Rio is here, and this radio station have crammed producer Caitlin Josh on the show and Rio all in an Airbnb together, And yesterday I was calling this producer Island. Sadly producer Island has claimed its first victim.
Speaker 1: Rio's off sick. Yes he's very ill.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, too much party in the frat House's.
Speaker 2: I got to be honest pants when I saw his message and I was like, God damn it that they have a big night last week. Of course that generational weak sauce. Yes, I don't mind it, but you've still got to show up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you old enough to hung over. You've got to wear it, just wear it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Nowaday, we didn't sleep, we just rocked up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we didn't have we didn't have Bronka. We didn't even have water. Water has only just been invented. I d now the young generation with the hydralights and ten gallon things, Frank green bottles. I see my kids now and I'm like, sorry, you off, I'm going through the outback, through the hum You just you're just going out to the shops ten minutes.
Speaker 1: You would need two liters of water to get through the day. So participating with us. So what's happened to him?
Speaker 7: Yes, So yesterday afternoon Rio said to me, I'm going to go back to the apartment. I said, okay, no worries, and he goes, I just don't feel quite right, And I was all right, just go to the chemists, get.
Speaker 8: What you need.
Speaker 7: So I get home. He has moved his bed into our round.
Speaker 2: Room and something young boy does on Christmas Eve. He's a grown aunced man with a mortgage. Yes, so he's there like, we really should have just have live streaming for your house.
Speaker 7: Without a doubt, Oh my god.
Speaker 8: And so he's laying on the cash.
Speaker 7: I said, hey, you going, He's like, oh yeah, I'm really I'm not good and.
Speaker 6: Then that kind of sh Is that interesting?
Speaker 1: What happens when men get ill? Right?
Speaker 2: If there's a woman around, suddenly you're cast as his reluctant mum. Did he want his tummy rubbed?
Speaker 7: I don't know what is in his mind, but as I walked through the gate, We've got this beautiful outdoor setting area and has this lovely old regal table.
Speaker 8: He's just got his two pairs of socks that he wore during the day outside. No idea, what is trying off? Like from like, It's just he didn't go for a run. He didn't do anything that needed it to just be out there.
Speaker 2: That's rough for you, having to live with two guys, two men, and you're if you know what's saying it, you're.
Speaker 1: A gay lady.
Speaker 2: I'm a gay So you've opted not to have that lifestyle, right, And I get it about every woman right now? I see, Actually what just feral about that? Toilet seats permanently up as well.
Speaker 8: So last night so Ria went to the chemist.
Speaker 7: Yesterday he goes to me, knocks on my door, Hey, Mac, And I said, yeah, mate, what are you okay?
Speaker 1: What do you need tucking in?
Speaker 2: We know he's a tucker. We know he's a tun tu.
Speaker 8: I just need some toothpaste, I said, what Rio, We're here for a week.
Speaker 2: You didn't toothpaste? And he's got a sore throat the germs living in his payhole.
Speaker 7: So I gave him some toothpaste on a toilet piece of paper, just so it wouldn't transfer.
Speaker 2: That's rough.
Speaker 1: Why did he just like sort of spread out on his.
Speaker 8: Brush because it transfers his.
Speaker 2: DNA transfer.
Speaker 8: Anyway, as I.
Speaker 7: Was doing that, I noticed the seat toilet seat was up.
Speaker 8: That is very rare in my house.
Speaker 1: That's horrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think it's o living with another woman to be if someone's there. There's a man in this house and there's a ghost man.
Speaker 7: I literally was like, oh my god, already I felt uncomfortable.
Speaker 8: I him, I ran out, and this morning he's messaged the whole team.
Speaker 7: He said, guys, I can't even speak, so we were standing next to each other and we'll message.
Speaker 4: In each well.
Speaker 2: I did appreciate in the message he sent me, Patsy and amits you all love this and I appreciate that Katie is obviously trying to work out he's weak source because he's a man.
Speaker 1: Parently who are trying to encourage him to just sit in a different part of the station. Yeah, and just I did germ it up, but have.
Speaker 2: A microphone but away from me. No, I appreciate that's proper hardcore producing. Okay, Well, look, if you can breathe, you can go to the radio shop. If that again, like the mum that goes, just go to school for an hour and see how you get on the first hour.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then see if you can get to seven o'clock and then we go from there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's a big WARS Like.
Speaker 7: I kind of talked to him a little bit and he was like, I was like, that's a big girl.
Speaker 6: Really really quarantine s.
Speaker 2: So do we think he's going to come in at all this week?
Speaker 8: I pray his dad's a doctor. I said, give him a call and say how do I fix this? Immedium, you're right.
Speaker 2: Call doctor Lea. Yes, well I'll tell you what's three entered producer ride in the House.
Speaker 1: Only two remain.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast Every Tuesday.
Speaker 2: On the show, we asked about how did you start the week. How's your Monday? Would you say you're a Monday winner or loser?
Speaker 1: Let me know?
Speaker 2: Text me oh four seven five three one oh four three, Patsy, how are you starting the week?
Speaker 1: Are you Monday winner or loser?
Speaker 8: Absolute loser? Do you know why?
Speaker 5: Because on the way home yesterday, I don't know how I done it. I've done it, but somehow, as I was driving, my reverse camera was stuck on. So it was like you know when you go overseas and you can watch the plane camera on the toil. Yeah, from the undercarriage, yes, like oh, it was actually really concerning, like it was putting me off drive.
Speaker 1: It must be really distracting.
Speaker 5: I actually don't know how I did it. I've never done it before, and I'm sort of pushing buttons.
Speaker 1: Is you run someone over? Yesterday? In news rival it's an average Monday.
Speaker 5: But I thought, God, that truck, BlimE me, that truck's really close to me on the freeway. But I don't know what I've done. I didn't think that was possible that you.
Speaker 2: Nudge something on these days. There's so many different buttons.
Speaker 1: So I must have, but I thought it.
Speaker 2: All we got to do is nudge something, yeah, and then it's hard to see. Nothing lights up. I've got in the car and the battery strained, and I'm like, what did I nudge me? Went somewhere didn't normally go? And I'm like, I don't know. I don't know it's on or off? How to deactivate? And then you go on YouTube and you've got to watch like a ten minute dull video made by someone calling. It's always an English guy as well. We're like, it's only about ten seconds. I needed this how to turn the damn thing off? I know, such a frustrated I can subscribe on my video.
Speaker 5: But I didn't think it was possible to go in that sort of mode unless you're actually reversing that I was going. And I don't know what's going on, but there's too many buttons in a car these days, Like I don't even like cruise control.
Speaker 8: I feel really nervous.
Speaker 2: And turn that tiny rear wiper on. Is it the thing where you twist the thing? You don't move it up, you do the thing, you twist it away towards you. There's that strange flap on top of the indicator. Is it that one?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 2: And then last year I managed to turn it get it going, and there was like I could the reverse, wouldn't turn it off.
Speaker 7: Those cars you see the businesses that have all the painting on the outside of that and they can't see that it's on and it's just always going, you.
Speaker 8: Know, when you're on like a highway and you just see it go and you're like, there's no way that guy can see that.
Speaker 9: All the kids out there, we never used to have review in the back door.
Speaker 5: None of the bells and whistles.
Speaker 2: And I think, you know, Patsy's evidence here. I don't think it makes someone a better driver of my driving to it was a speed no and it was alf stuck out as well.
Speaker 8: No, no, it was a Patsy.
Speaker 2: When Henry Ford I had to create it was the second person in the world to pass her test.
Speaker 4: Ton O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Asking you today, how's yeay, yesterday? How's your Monday? How are you starting? Are you're a Monday winner or loser? Good morning to you Alex in Sydney, Christian, I'm actually a Monday winner. Me and my mate's one pub trivia last night. That's big. I love doing pub trivia quizzes. I remember years ago in the UK. I took my breakfast show. We went and did five different pub quizzes around the UK. We took the show on tour and it was so much fun. We went to these lovely little plubs pubs all around the UK. However, because you're in the pub every night, it was carnish that week.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I almost had to check into rehab by the end of the week. We're all just broken. I remember on the Thursday night we're in some Irish pub and the suddenly turned into a lockin twoout three in the morning, and so we thought ahead and I'd recorded, we'd all recorded without turnet boss the first hour Friday shott yes smart, until there's been a glitch and then accidentally upload and we're playing out a very old best of an hour where it was.
Speaker 1: For a Monday.
Speaker 2: And so it's Friday and two and a half million people around the UK are all going it's month, it's not. He keeps on This Monday morning, my Bosston rings me and go, you better go on air live right now because you've clearly pre record.
Speaker 1: I was been caught out.
Speaker 2: Oh no, yes, so to stumble on air, very croaky voice, Rio, are you listening.
Speaker 1: There's a lesson in that.
Speaker 2: Yes, if you're going to do the hangover, you still show up the next day. Christian, I was a Monday winner at table tennis. I'm hoping to turn it into double win. Managed to get through on the lines today to do the hot quiz that's on Vince Good Luck. I'm a Monday winner. So last night I went out to dinner by myself and I took my book.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what a.
Speaker 2: Joy that is.
Speaker 8: I have never done that.
Speaker 2: It's the best.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 7: I don't know if I could go out to dinner myself.
Speaker 8: No, really, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I just I don't do anything by myself. Things like go for a walk or something like that is pretty normal. But I would never go to a cafe.
Speaker 8: I would go to the movies. Now, I always go with someone so nice.
Speaker 1: Really, as a parent, just have some of your own time.
Speaker 2: That two hours with my book and then so anyway, I tell you what my Monday winner is. I got chattered to the young guy behind the bar right and so I had to order my pizza and a glass of wine. I'll get chatting to him and then I go back to get another glass of wine and he said, do you know what, I'm not going to charge you for the food or the wine. No one ever talks to me in this job. He's really made me laugh. And then he goes, my name's Jake, and then he goes, what do you do? And sometimes when I tell people what I do, it makes a conversation weird. And we've been getting so well Jake and I and he didn't know what I did. And if I here's what happens when I tell people who don't know what I do. They will then apologize that they've never heard of me, or apologize for not listening, and the whole thing gets weird.
Speaker 1: So I just told him that I worked in cosmetics. What And I've got no idea why. He just like, what do you do?
Speaker 2: I know it cosmetics? And I'm now going to have to come up with a whole legend. What And you live in Sydney? I went, I'm here this week And then he was waiting for the next bit, went.
Speaker 1: For a conference?
Speaker 8: Do you know anything about cosmetics?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: And I was hoping, and I hope to god he doesn't go, oh, can you help my eye or my cheeks?
Speaker 1: My cheeks need some collagen and.
Speaker 2: I go, oh, yeah, yeah, Well here's the implants we use at the laboratory I work at. So he thinks, a guy called Christian who works in cosmetics, you really need And I think I'll be going back there this week. See if I get another free glass of wine. And I'm going to have to keep up this Jason Bourne fake identity. Plus, I'm aware that there's posters all around Sydney with my face on saying I do a radio show. He's that guy's a flipping liar, always going to go wow, he's a he's a he's a multi hyphen eate. But in the morning he does a radio show and then he goes and does cosmetics. Wow, the cosmetics guy. Alex, you Monday winner, a loser. I'm a winner and I'm a loser. I didn't have to do my daytime job yesterday because I rocked in and the boss Paulsys cheer after me.
Speaker 6: He guess mate to break down and communication. You're not needed today.
Speaker 1: I'm say, you're fine.
Speaker 2: Did you not get the email? So Alex does two jobs. I mean in case we're doing you're on Channel seven during the day doing the news.
Speaker 6: I am yeah, they call me to job Bob Christian and I was only one job.
Speaker 1: Too, Salomy Steve. It could be a lot high. But anyway, obviously super Bowl you weren't needed. No, I wasn't needed, and so all suited and booted, ready to go.
Speaker 6: Ready to go.
Speaker 9: I had a shave, and you have me a lucky pen. I had my lucky pan, yep, which is my little security blanket. I can't do anything without my lucky pan.
Speaker 2: I've got my lucky pen in my hand right now. So Alex has a lucky pan. I'm the same. I don't need a script on the radio. I just most of the time I'm holding a sharpy pen. I don't even know why.
Speaker 7: So you don't know why it helps you.
Speaker 6: It's like, yeah, yeah, I can't go on there without it.
Speaker 2: No, what I need to start the show is the sharmpy pen.
Speaker 6: There you go right down your So what do you just go home? I just went home.
Speaker 9: I was I'm a winner for not having to do that second job, and I lose it for dropping up to work.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Every morning, ask you two questions. First one is from last night's Millionaire hot Seat. So you should already have the answer, and then the second one, you pick your own topic and I give you one question so you can double your money to two thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Who put you in the hot seat?
Speaker 10: Sitting in the hot seat, answer and question about the topic I digs for today, sitting in the hot seat talking to Christian God. I get to questions so that I can.
Speaker 2: Win to k All right, playing this morning, we go to Melbourne now and Linda, good morning, Linda, welcome.
Speaker 1: To the show.
Speaker 11: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: All right, so, Linda, you saw last night's Millionaire hot Seats. Yes, thank you, that's right, Rebecca, give me yes. And that's not the question. Who's the host? And what are you doing now? Did you have a notepad with all the questions and answers?
Speaker 3: It actually is?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, all right, so the first one. Then here's your question.
Speaker 2: One thousand dollars on this Linda, hang on, let me play the proper music. All right, Linda, for one thousand dollars, here's your question. The love of children's novel by the British author Roald Dahl is called James and the Giants. What Well, you didn't even get the choices come quite Papaya Jury and the world's Smelliest food.
Speaker 1: Now it's Pete. You win one thousand dollars straight away? Well done, Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: That's so exciting. All right, now what is your subject? You get to byo quiz? What's your subject? That's you? You love the TV show Survivor pretty much for Sorry, your line's breaking up there?
Speaker 1: What is that thender? You're pretty much grown up with it? Yes, all right, Linda, here's your question. You can win in two thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Which olympian has won a season of Australian Survivor Stephen Bradery, Kathy Freeman, Eric the.
Speaker 1: Eel Or, Shane Gould, Shane Gold, Shane Gold is the right answer? You've won two thousand dollars. Well done.
Speaker 12: Oh my god, it's so much.
Speaker 1: That's all right, pleasure.
Speaker 2: Okay, you could be playing tomorrow, so make sure you watch tonight Millionaire Hot Seat. Watch the stream three seven o'clock weeknights on ten.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: So what a form? Now? I need everybody's help.
Speaker 2: I want to form the Bogan alphabet and need some appropriate music.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 2: It's a soundtrack, is it?
Speaker 1: It's the soil.
Speaker 2: It's the soil VV. Now, first of all, a lot of people can be a bit sniffy and judgy, okay about Bogans to my English eyes. As soon as I moved here and start to learn about Bogans and actually working with someone who are, who will then tell me they're not Bogans actually are, I find it fascinating. Bogans are free, They're not self conscious like a lot of people, and I think all of us hasn't in a Bogan.
Speaker 8: Without a doubt. It comes I am just our Boguan.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I think it's a nice way to accept that. But there are certain things that Bogans love above and beyond the rest of us. So I want to celebrate being a Bogan with my Bogan alphabet. So I've got a couple of ones here D for DFO. Yes, Bogans love the DFO.
Speaker 1: Because I'm in Sydney.
Speaker 2: My wife called me yesterday and she's obviously now that I'm away for a week, she's out there hitting the credit card. She was a DFO yesterday. I rang her, went where are you?
Speaker 1: And she went DFO.
Speaker 2: I went, wow, please take me some pictures of some Bogans.
Speaker 8: Bogans love a sail. They love a discount discount. But if they'll tell you, they'll be like, oh yeah, mate, I've got you.
Speaker 1: Save fifty bucks off these pants.
Speaker 2: Don't even need them in the garage. The Bogan alphabet our first entry D for DFO, I've got. I think I've got the A as well. A current affair either on it, either on it, attacking a cameraman, swearing, finger pointing, or watching it. Bogan's either way, whether they're the star of it or just watching on the couch. Bogans love a current affair.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, and witness accounts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, lady looked like a real good He's a destroyed mike.
Speaker 6: Or a bad neighbor.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, you're right, a fence border dispute.
Speaker 7: The proof is in how long it's been on air. I reckon it's since I was born. I'm thirty three now, so I think without a doubt ACA has been on the air for thirty three years.
Speaker 2: It's been around for decades, isn't?
Speaker 1: And also why they're not? Andrew Lloyd Webber.
Speaker 2: Right should write a Current Affair the musical because there have been so many great moments in it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that you'd all remember.
Speaker 7: The guy, the guy with the dog that comes bounding over.
Speaker 2: He's my hang on it, we've got that clip right here, dog man. This should be like the you'd have this bit at the end of the first half.
Speaker 1: They always have a big show stopper, don't they.
Speaker 4: They came bounding over.
Speaker 2: It's never not funny hearing that noise. It's such a visceral thing he does. It's the best I want. This is my ring tone, just scaring people when selling my phone goes off.
Speaker 4: They came bounding over.
Speaker 1: All right, Alex, what have you got for our bogan alphabet?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 9: I had a toss up between ice House and Australian's Biscuit for I iced.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, come on, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: If you go for ice House, well brilliant.
Speaker 1: No, I think it's more barnsy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not Midnight Oil, it's Chisel.
Speaker 13: I'm sticking with ice Bovo. How goot an ice Boa? That just works, Coconut. I just had talk about musical answers. I've got another one, m Michael.
Speaker 5: Buble, Oh Christmas album that they're they're the things I like.
Speaker 2: I talked about how I won't work with people who won't accept their Bogans smoking guns.
Speaker 5: Pats He's a very classy performer.
Speaker 14: He is and funny and funny he is actually he is, He's yeah, he's he's very trump but Bogans and it's not the rest of us is Christmas time you break out the Mickey b playlist.
Speaker 1: But Patsy and people like Patsy Bogans.
Speaker 2: He's all year round.
Speaker 7: He was the first artist that I bought the up the album for and it was a Christmas album.
Speaker 8: It's the first album I ever got on.
Speaker 15: Apple Music that man clears up at Christmas. He does absolutely Christmas. He's a Christmas magnet. I reckon he makes more than Santa.
Speaker 1: Seriously, every year. He's always got some of you Christmas album out or Christmas tour.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'd love to know this.
Speaker 2: I saw him live a couple of years ago and he was incredible, genuinely got them and a real showman and right. Patsy was actually is a sort of in between song banter.
Speaker 1: Was extremely funny.
Speaker 5: He doesn't take himself too seriously. That's what I love about him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Caitlin, Now you know these people.
Speaker 8: Well very well. I am one and the biggest one.
Speaker 7: That's for me right now, I have a C for you, and that's for a shady party.
Speaker 1: You love a shady party.
Speaker 7: A party doesn't have a tea, it has a d it's a shady party. All right.
Speaker 2: There's there's two drinks, Bogan's love. You're right, it's a shaddy and it's Mexican beer. Yes, yes, yeah, it makes them feel exotic. Yeah, I'm with you, bad bunny.
Speaker 4: The Christian o'connal show podcast.
Speaker 2: Kicking off this hour call and they leave that microphone alone when it's live. Sorry, we've got the old amateur cru stepping into the producer. Kaitlin has poisoned Rio. She's claimed her spot. This happens in broadcast since she's been mentored by Patsy.
Speaker 1: That's what you do. You have a rival, and then you did have a rival.
Speaker 5: She learned from the beach.
Speaker 2: She did. Yeah, classic, as soon as I heard Real wasn't well and he's sharing an Airbnb with you, suddenly you're in p one there and you've you've claimed his spot.
Speaker 8: That would never.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a little bit of stumbling that I've seen you in court.
Speaker 8: I would never. Unfortunately, Real is unwell.
Speaker 2: Nothing that he seemed pretty pretty lively yesterday when I saw him just suddenly struck down and suddenly you're enjoying yourself, living your best life there as p oneider.
Speaker 1: She's very happy.
Speaker 2: We're doing our Bogan alphabet. Thank you very much for this. So before seven I said that I believe that all of us has a bit of.
Speaker 8: Bogan in them, without a doubt.
Speaker 2: Christ and I would have argued with you to blue in the face that there has no Bogan in me. However, when you just said on the show that ice vovo is what Bogans love, I thought, do you know what I love? An ice vogo with a cup of tea at work? You guys have just proved me wrong. I accept my inner Bogan.
Speaker 1: Well done.
Speaker 2: There's no point denying b for Bingo, Christian, you're right. What about oh outdoor Dunney Richard thinks Christian for the Bogan alphabet, Alfa Ranger, that Big four that is tailgating you in a residential.
Speaker 1: Fifty the Ford Ranger.
Speaker 2: Yes, Christian, b for BALLEI j for Jetstar to be for Barley Bogans in Barley drinking Bintan listen to Barzy Michelle. That's very good. That's from Michelle, who says, I'm she's verified Bogan born and race.
Speaker 1: That's so good.
Speaker 2: B for Barley Jetstar all the way to Barley in Barley drinking Bintwan listened to Barnty Michelle very good, Cameron says, for Commodore.
Speaker 8: Oh it's been essential.
Speaker 1: Yes, this one's just coming me.
Speaker 2: And for meat Trey, who doesn't love a meat tray? I've got another one. See tours yes love Yes, Southern Cross tattoos. Oh that's probably half the gold audience right now, isn't it covering up an arm or maybe on the back. What about the birth and death date death dates of relatives as well?
Speaker 6: Are their kids?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: Their kids up there are on.
Speaker 1: The back of the neck.
Speaker 8: Yeah, a mom and dad behind the eye.
Speaker 6: That one.
Speaker 1: I must get that ticked off. The ships on my bucket.
Speaker 16: This.
Speaker 2: I remember once meeting a morning TV producer in Australia and I was making small too, and I said, who's the audience that went Bogans? So I'm added Morning TV Carl Carls the guys there Sevenovich also tell you one thing. Bogan's love shock jocks and of course you know who's their post the boy. Oh yeah, anyway, I'll say no more saying them on the bright side of the dial. Let's take some calls here for our Bogan alphabet. Do you want to take part? Give you a call some morning thirteen fifty five twenty two and you can also message me yours O four seven five three one oh four three.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show, Brad, Good morning, Brad.
Speaker 11: Good morning everyone. How are you going?
Speaker 2: We're good, Brad, Brad. Thanks for joinings. So what have you got from bogan alphabet?
Speaker 11: I'm going with G for goombag wool Rick.
Speaker 1: What's goon bag roulette?
Speaker 2: Dore?
Speaker 1: Am I going to regret asking us? What's goon bag roulette?
Speaker 11: You get your mates, you get a piece of string, you put a goom bag on your hoys voice and fling it around and a hoover at lands On, I have to drink from the goom bag yep.
Speaker 2: Why why wasn't this at the Sydney Olympics. Is that you know when they're now of your own demonstration event?
Speaker 1: Why wasn't that there?
Speaker 8: Jerry mashed it.
Speaker 1: It'll be at Brisbane, Brad. That's a great one. Thank you very much for corner mate.
Speaker 11: No worries, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Let's good to Kathy now, Kathy, welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: Thanks Christian. Our look, m has to be for Mullet.
Speaker 4: You're right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's take out Michael Booble maybe, but be for him.
Speaker 1: You're right, it's got to be the mullet.
Speaker 17: Thank you, Thank you, Kathy, thank you.
Speaker 1: Very much as a woman. A few words. Who we got here, Kate?
Speaker 11: Good morning Kate, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 3: How are you today?
Speaker 2: I'm good?
Speaker 1: How are you this? Srning sound lively?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going okay, thank you. Look after the goon bag Roulette and the Shardie Party, I think that what I've what I recommend for the alphabet is.
Speaker 7: I love for Breeze, stunning the smell of Australia.
Speaker 18: Is it?
Speaker 2: I think that's the NCO. Rub I love Enko rub I think Fabreeze. I'd happily wear if it was a man's after show, a little dab and stuff like that, I'd have to. In fact, I want to have my own version called Mambres Febries from Men Februez from.
Speaker 12: Mambres has a different, different live Yeah, it's for everyone.
Speaker 2: By the way, on sense and men, I've got this idea we're sponsored by the Great Chemists Warehouse. Now, over the years, lots of celebrities have had their own fris to outright Shane Shane Warn obviously just one of the many. I think Michael Bublaze, Yes.
Speaker 8: Boo Blaze, I think he's had more than one.
Speaker 2: Yes, I want it must be nice if you're so famous you can have your own scent. I want one of our listeners for Father's Day to have the available limited edition. Right, chemist whareuse their own scent, like we just find a listener a dad, like kids would nominate their dad. I just want to go into Chemist Whales anywhere in Australia and to see the scent of Dave. Yes, Gary, Oh Gary, that mischiffe a name, it's the mystique of Gary. Yes, we should take.
Speaker 1: Where's your Wayno, probably sold.
Speaker 2: Out, So please chemist to our house.
Speaker 1: Make that happen.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 10: You've got bills you need to pay. The Make of Christian pays them every day in be in utilities.
Speaker 1: Or your hamsters bits inary fees.
Speaker 10: You've got bills.
Speaker 2: All right, let's pay up some bills right now. Head to the Gold website dot com DoD Are you then stand by your phone. I am calling you and paying off your bills. Let's called Donna and hopefully she picks up and I pay her bills.
Speaker 1: That's how this works, Donna.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, yes, speaking. How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good?
Speaker 2: This is Christian O'Connor from the Bank of Christian.
Speaker 3: It's lovely to hear you in the same Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, lovely to speak to you on the phone and hear you on the phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was in a little workout of all things.
Speaker 2: You can get my breathat. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: What are you? What are you doing cardio today? Or is it waits gains?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, I avoid cardio at all costs.
Speaker 2: Now I'm calling off to calling up to pay a bill? What would you like me to wipe out?
Speaker 3: That's exciting.
Speaker 8: Oh the license testing though, would be great?
Speaker 2: License testing?
Speaker 14: Yeah, driver's license all right?
Speaker 1: Gotcha? One of the kids doing the test.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Oh wow? And if you have you been doing some coaching?
Speaker 3: I have my mainly the bulk of it, I'd say, husband.
Speaker 2: Helped a bit. Yes, isn't it when you're in the car with them and that they don't like you're telling you telling them what to do, but you have to.
Speaker 6: I've never known stress like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you hope that they passed the tests so that you never.
Speaker 4: Had yet again, Absolutely three triplets driving them to work, back training, soccer, you name it.
Speaker 11: I'm glad when that's done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that she've got triplets.
Speaker 3: I got identical triplets.
Speaker 4: Just turned eighteen yesterday.
Speaker 2: You can.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you get identical triplets.
Speaker 2: Oh you can.
Speaker 1: If you're special.
Speaker 2: Wow, you could get one of them passes. Then she could just the others could fit to be the os.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just use exactly?
Speaker 6: Are all one others?
Speaker 11: One out of three? Ain't bad?
Speaker 1: You got me those that's in crazy.
Speaker 2: I honestly didn't know you could get identical triplets.
Speaker 11: You you'll have to look it up.
Speaker 2: I won't bore you with that is a bit strange images of identical triplets. I don't know my search history. I'll get a look at the now. How much do how much do you want? Don Donna? Sorry?
Speaker 11: Well, yea and hi.
Speaker 3: The license is three times seventy five.
Speaker 6: I think a couple of.
Speaker 1: Well that's a score. Let's call it five hundred dollars.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, that would be amazing, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: That'd be a fabulous all right, back to the waits. You're a legend. Thanks christ Take care Dona, Bye bye.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: What is the small thing that drives you mad? We do just every Tuesday on the show, don't go to work mad, get funny release that.
Speaker 1: It's a cathartic release. It's like free radiotherapy on the show.
Speaker 4: Need to make you go?
Speaker 5: Get this started today?
Speaker 16: He needs to make you go.
Speaker 1: Patsy, let's kick off with you.
Speaker 5: What is it, pats Oh, I'm ready to kick off. Don't you worry about that. On the way into work this morning, some idiot headies high bam on all gating me mate, turn your high beam off. There's no way that you could have mistaken lives.
Speaker 1: It's actually dangerous as well. It's a very bullying almost blinds you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a bullying maneuver. Get out of my way.
Speaker 1: My time's more.
Speaker 8: Important than yours.
Speaker 5: And it's actually really dangers.
Speaker 2: Who loves their job that much at four am that they've got to get there right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, trade's really love that site, don't they.
Speaker 7: I also think new cars have these lights on them that seem like they're high beams, yes, and they're really in your eyes.
Speaker 8: It's really unsafe.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: What about the headlights that have that sort of blue tinge and you come across that as well. That's a bit annoying.
Speaker 1: That's called the police funny thing.
Speaker 2: Blue tinge behind me flush telling me to turn.
Speaker 1: Myself in that tear every time? Perhaps?
Speaker 5: All right, okay, I know now.
Speaker 1: Alex, what's it for you? Mate?
Speaker 9: Are you waiting a line at the cafe and the person in front of you pulls out the phone and does the whole workplace coffee and.
Speaker 1: You're like, this is twenty minutes at least, now.
Speaker 6: We still got one with the I'm This goes on and on and.
Speaker 2: Then they go, oh I haven't missed anyone, and you think we're done now?
Speaker 1: Oh no, sorry, can I get a double decast? Soy lie?
Speaker 7: I don't want to say this, but our team does this very often after the.
Speaker 1: Show do with installments. We don't want to be those people.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 7: I'm so sorry to everyone because often what we'll have we'll be, oh my god, we've got to get one for Sarah, like we.
Speaker 1: Forget Sarah can get her own. I think there should be a limit yes, definitely, Shue plus one. That's it. You're finally going to open up my own national.
Speaker 2: Chainer in Australia called Coffee plus one. Can I get another one that you can't?
Speaker 1: It's called Coffee plus one.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: They're going to come and cube behind you.
Speaker 2: If you want more coffees, get off your lazy asses, come and queue up like everybody else.
Speaker 1: Coffee plus one.
Speaker 2: There's something in that team, Kaitlyn, what's it for you?
Speaker 7: Mine happened on Sunday on the word here to Sydney. So I was flying out and sitting on there and I thought, I can't wait for the captain's update.
Speaker 8: As it comes.
Speaker 2: Things bogans like captain's update, I do. I thought, you're not listening, You're not like flying with the right brothers. What's what's the update? No?
Speaker 8: I like to know what time I'm going to be landing.
Speaker 1: Well, we know that anyway, you know how long it takes. It's so mystery flight.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, well, just my watch twenty an hour and fifteen or whatever. It's a flight for Melbourne to Sydney.
Speaker 7: We were late out of the terminal, so I just kind of was doing it.
Speaker 1: Do you cunt?
Speaker 5: Do the masks actually good even a different time zone.
Speaker 7: And also I like to know the weather we're flying in too, And often they'll be like, you know, because it.
Speaker 2: Was away on these phones to get an immediate weather update.
Speaker 8: I was on Jet Star. I didn't have internet.
Speaker 7: So anyway, this is the thing that just drives me crazy.
Speaker 2: And it's Bogan's like flying Jetstar and boasting about it. That's on Jetstar, Okay.
Speaker 7: Reflects I don't know how we've gotten too twenty twenty six with the technology we have in the world.
Speaker 8: And the captain's announcement comes through like I recorded the guy.
Speaker 1: That is insane.
Speaker 2: It sounds more like he accidentally left it on. He was just having a chit chat with his mate.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, you can't even tell what he's saying.
Speaker 1: There's no way any of you are hearing this.
Speaker 14: What what speak up man?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 8: Nobody so getting the brace position.
Speaker 1: On fire.
Speaker 11: Triangle.
Speaker 7: This poor bloke, he was an elderly man, kind of just sitting in a couple of seats up.
Speaker 8: I could see him hanging over his seat.
Speaker 2: If I'm getting another inch closes into it, guys, I might go to translate.
Speaker 8: Looking around everyone kind of going.
Speaker 1: Can you no, you were hearing anything with them?
Speaker 8: Nothing? And oh my god, I could. I knew nothing. I didn't know when I was coming in nothing.
Speaker 2: I've got a theory that because you know when you when you when you do hear them normally.
Speaker 1: They've always got great voices.
Speaker 2: There's no way every single pilot has got a great voice. I think they have a special short like an effect on the microphone. There must have been a weekly voices pilot. They were just very good pilots. But good morning everybody.
Speaker 1: They always sound great, don't they. They could be doing a voice over for Marlboro or a beer. Yes, they've always got great voices.
Speaker 2: By the way, when I was flying Sunday, I didn't really you're doing that shuffling? Do you always like when you first got on the plane. I always have a look into the cockpit. I want to see the age of the pilot. Oh yes, I don't want to see some young one. No, I don't want to see one fresh out the top gun academy. I want to see Captain Sully, someone who may be flew in a war and is now just doing domestic flights. Yeah, not hungover, not hungover. I don't want to see an interlock device in there.
Speaker 5: I want to see the bath though. If I see a young pilot, I think we'll hang on. No, that could be better because they're fresh out of the academy, so you.
Speaker 1: Know the right right.
Speaker 16: I want to see a little bit of salt pepper in the hair he's coming out.
Speaker 2: He's into his forties. Anyway, I didn't realize I would add my little looky in there to see how old are they. They've got a they've got something. They hang their hats. They don't fly with the cap on. What Yeah, both the pilot and the co pilot had their hats hung up on coat pegs.
Speaker 1: I thought you kept that hat on.
Speaker 8: So did I?
Speaker 2: They hang them up.
Speaker 8: Well that's so weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if it's not that important, why.
Speaker 8: Do they have the hat exactly?
Speaker 2: We know you're a pinet with the epaulets and that special briefcase they put along.
Speaker 1: What's in all that?
Speaker 2: By the way, if you're just flying, like you know, an hour or so, what's all the charts at the Telenos they got up there? The plane flies itself. What's eat that suit cap for?
Speaker 1: I reckon? You got your picnic in there?
Speaker 2: Some dy are you working on the moment? Yes, anyway. Smart things that make you go Guru.
Speaker 4: The Christian o'connal show podcast.
Speaker 2: What's the small thing to try? You mad for Melissa? Where my growing kids petitions in the dishwasher. They don't put them in, They just leave them in the sink. They are my nineteen twenty year old still still doing this. It's six inches. It's actually more of a faft to try and fit them cram them in the sink.
Speaker 1: They just open that thing and place them in.
Speaker 2: It's almost that when you open up the dishwasher, it's got hands extended like baseball mites to catch the plate. You guys just drop it, Yeah, and they probably find it's that slot there, Christian, I think a small thing that makes me go. When the dishwasher cycle finishes, you're going to unload to see that the tablet didn't dissolve properly. Yeah, they's been spat out all over the dishes. Yeah, and then it like blasts it to the plate. Oh, I've never got to put it back on.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a small thing.
Speaker 2: Big rage car tissues, the little packets that are so soft when you pull you always get six or seven that come up.
Speaker 1: That's so true.
Speaker 2: They packed so tightly in there, sugg as a bugging a rug in there, aren't they? And then you try and shove them back in?
Speaker 1: It looks all messy.
Speaker 2: Christianother thing that makes me you go gur as the opposite of someone taking everyone's order. In a group of five or six people lined up at the bar, they're all there together, they pay separately. I see a lot of young lads doing this now, and I heard about this on the news. No one's shouting around anymore. It's dying out. They're doing they're not doing shouts. The art of the shout is dying out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's very expensive these days, Like I think people just don't have the money to be able to do that anymore.
Speaker 6: What's that saying you wouldn't share? You wouldn't share of a chark been in?
Speaker 2: Yes, it was always the worst thing to be seen in a group of friends that you didn't shout your ound. Yeah, you always have to be the first. And then what happens is though you never want to be late to meet your mates, otherwise you quickly go, I'm just gonna get a drink, does anyone want one?
Speaker 1: And then all your mates, even if they had like half a pint left. Oh yeah, I get a fresh one up there.
Speaker 2: I've got ten drinks to get Now, get there early, get them. Always get your shout in first, exactly because it gets bigger as the night goes on.
Speaker 8: Yes and loser and shots get at.
Speaker 2: It and sad at the end of getting around in And also a lot of the young lands these days there's aren't even going out to the pub, that's right. I think that's a real shame.
Speaker 1: I don't know about you. I mean, it was a big thing growing up.
Speaker 2: Was was hanging out with your mates, going out to the pub. That was your night out. And also it was a community. It was a pub that your dad would have gone to, and you knew some of the other guys there as well.
Speaker 1: It was a way where you were. We used to meet up and socialize.
Speaker 6: In pubs and before fans too. You just rock up and whoever was there was there.
Speaker 1: Oh God, so true.
Speaker 2: You never worried about going by yourself. I always meet some guy there. There was always an older guy.
Speaker 1: It was just by himself. I never saw with another guy.
Speaker 2: Always one elbow on the bar, and then you dread someone was getting stuck next and our bloody how dave'st there lived in the pub, and then always add some theory about the Pokeys. It just paid out, mate, a couple of hours ago. It's got You won't win anything tonight. Just give it a go now. Rodney's on the lines and waiting for a while. Rodney, thanks for waiting so patiently.
Speaker 18: Hello Christian, you're a good are Christian? You know what I hate the most Christian? And Patsy and Alex and Rio's give you a traffic lights yeah, been way, mares were light to change. They guide a size to blink a right or blink your left.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you're right.
Speaker 2: You don't ever be a late blinker. You knew damn well, you're always going to turn right. You're not sitting like, oh do you know what I'm going to switch it up today.
Speaker 1: I'm going to suddenly go right.
Speaker 2: Ah, disgusting.
Speaker 1: It's an Australian.
Speaker 4: Christian.
Speaker 11: Christian.
Speaker 18: That's the best part. And then they decided to give you a dice smoke in a while. It has to be a cult supporter Christian.
Speaker 2: All right, Rodney, thank you very much, so blessed. Rodney's been been waiting to chances. In that time, he's been getting on very well with Tina, who works on the show, so much so that he's asked her out.
Speaker 1: What days where? To god, I've never knownly that that happening before.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 7: And the thing they have in common is they both go for Collingwood in the anfl Yeah, so I think that's.
Speaker 8: His little do you know it?
Speaker 2: There's a Jerry Springer episode. I'd call it love on Hold or is it love on the Lines? Radio dating where your first date is just on the phone.
Speaker 8: I love that. That's really nice.
Speaker 2: I wonder you think Tina is gonna thinking about going out with Cola Rodney.
Speaker 7: Look, she said to me, because we were talking about this offair. She said to me, Look, times are tough.
Speaker 2: I don't think that was meant for on air. No, oh my god, she's not going to like that.
Speaker 8: She might, who knows.
Speaker 2: You don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't help set a lady.
Speaker 2: You're not getting any of Mama's Greek food brought in for you anymore. She that discussed on a national show that times are tough. Put that in your dating profile. Listen in times are tough. I'll take anyone right now.
Speaker 7: No, she's just been single for a little bit, so she said, you never know.
Speaker 1: This is bad news.
Speaker 2: She I now feel like we need if Tina wants this, we need to do we need to be her kind of.
Speaker 16: He helps us bordello, the breakfast, Bordello.
Speaker 2: Am I the Madam of the house, Welcome.
Speaker 8: To the moon on rules, I apologize.
Speaker 2: Oh well, this is bad times for Tina. Now everyone knows times have been tough.
Speaker 8: She is she is, She's such a gorgeous girl.
Speaker 2: And when her and Rodney get married sponsored by Chemist Warehouse, is going to be a beautiful affair.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show on podcast.
Speaker 2: I think you producicating need to use the microphone to apologize to fellow producer and a friend of yours, Tina, who you just said about her and her dating life. Things are tough.
Speaker 8: Yep, a bit too personal, probably for on air. You reckon Yep.
Speaker 2: I'm a radio show, one show for cities. Normal.
Speaker 8: Sorry, guys, I'm not normally.
Speaker 1: You've actually spoken to us, Yes, I have.
Speaker 7: I have apologized to her in person and again in front of the nation. Tina, I'm sorry. You're a beautiful woman and you don't need to be.
Speaker 8: Outed like that.
Speaker 2: However, can I just say, what about this on the show? It's Valentine's this weekend. I just realized it's Saturday. Love on the dial? Oh, yes, dating on the dial? People call in Tina Chatsterdam. Maybe it's speed dating but on the phone. Or is it called love at first line?
Speaker 8: Oh, very good?
Speaker 2: Or is it called sorry it's been doing this during the news or is he I haven't spoken to Tina. I'm letting you know. I could just overhear you flumingson and apologizing. Or is it called Tina date line?
Speaker 19: Is they call anking like the alliteration before?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: So what about dating on the dial? Or is it love at first line? Oh?
Speaker 8: Okay, I like dating on the dial.
Speaker 2: Or is it Tina's instant boyfriend?
Speaker 16: Yeah, t ib Tina's excellent boyfriend. Tonight on nine Tina's instant boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Win The producer.
Speaker 4: Rose the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: You ever been sworn out? In Greek?
Speaker 2: But Kadan just has yo no whoa.
Speaker 7: I just went out to a barrage of I think it was English, but it felt like there was a bit of Greek in there, so I wasn't quite sure what I was copying.
Speaker 1: So are you telling me we're good to go?
Speaker 2: We're good This Friday, Tina, the producer, is looking for love on the radio. Welcome to Australia's Biggest dates, call the love Line. Now Tina's sixty second boyfriend. That's how I see it, like she chats to be. But the reason why we're talking about this, by the way, is that a caller called Rodney was on hold for about twelve minutes, and in that time he was chatting a lot to producer Tina. Instant chemistry, so much so that he asked her out. Producer Tina was, according to you thinking about dating listener Rodney.
Speaker 8: She look she wasn't. She just said, times are tough. We just don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe all right, what about we call the idea. Times are tough.
Speaker 2: That's untough than Tina. Poor Tina.
Speaker 7: Poor Tina for this, but also being single. We need to find her love.
Speaker 2: So that's why it's Valentine's this weekend. The show can help.
Speaker 8: Yes, we have the whole of it.
Speaker 2: We can be what do you call a date mate?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: I can be what's that Indian matchmaker? I love watching that TV show on Netflix.
Speaker 8: Is it called Indian matches.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why I said it. Yeahpokens don't listen very well to anyway, as anyone is. Tina speaking to anyone now is involving Greek square words and curses. She's got a Rosmary beat out. She uses them like nunchucks.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Why don't I crack on with the show while we can still walk?
Speaker 8: Yes, exactly. She might come on at the end of the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, we'll get the dumb button. We need to borrow it from Carl and Jackie. Oh, I've never used it in my whole career. I need it today.
Speaker 1: We'll go grab one of the same and they've bought it out and warn it out.
Speaker 2: Actually now, yesterday, it's strange how our brains can retain stuff they don't need to, and yet very important details like the birthdates of your children or the phone number of your wife that doesn't get retained. But TV adverts jingles, some radio adverts stay in there. I didn't know this. Yesterday evening went out for dinner and my food turned up. I never a side bowl of fries, and as the chips, the hot chips were laid down, I started singing, I do even know I stare knew this from one I was about eight or nine. There's a TV advert about chips, and it went, I hope it's chips, it's chips.
Speaker 1: I hope it's chips, it's chips. I started singing that. I was out by myself last night. I started singing that, and I'm going.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I didn't know I still remembered this advert from the eighties.
Speaker 1: There's CHIPS's chips.
Speaker 2: My bloody he went to bed seeing it won't come. This morning I was still singing like a madman. So this morning, I want to know what are the TV adverts and jingles that you still remember. It might be a radio advert, it might be a TV one they staying there. Actually, to be fair, a lot of those adverts. It's just the same as writing a hit.
Speaker 6: Song without a doubt.
Speaker 1: It has that instant.
Speaker 2: Hook and chorus and you find yourself repeating it decades later.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's addictive. It just gets in there and you want to get it.
Speaker 1: Yes, what's your one? Mate?
Speaker 8: Mine has to be.
Speaker 7: The banana ad that Height would have listened to every single night before the news that used to play, and it used to go in.
Speaker 2: Australia, they were trying to sell you bananas before the news.
Speaker 1: That was a bit of a gear change, isn't it.
Speaker 7: Well, they knew that all of our parents watched the news, and so it would just be on in the background like it was.
Speaker 2: My childhood, right, That's when TV news was the only way you got news.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was used to be appointment setting. Everyone was always at the same time, and so that ad would play all the time before.
Speaker 8: It and I still remember it now.
Speaker 7: It is very simple, but it always went banana na, na, na na.
Speaker 1: You all know it years later, Yes, and I met right now.
Speaker 2: I've got this image of people listening to show all around the country or joining in right now. I was like googlebot so we could peer through the speakers, although that would be creepy. You did it exact karaoke, I think basically the queens to really good jingle.
Speaker 1: They just say the name of it, don't they.
Speaker 20: Like chips, It's chips and in Australia bananas just do it in a sing songy way, joyous. Yeah, this is a banger.
Speaker 1: Others have an adverts. It's like a show stop at a Western musical.
Speaker 2: The curtain comes down, Patsy, what's it for you.
Speaker 5: That's Vigimite, Happy little Vigimite been around since the dawn of time, TV radio everywhere, be we always.
Speaker 1: Please don't sing it pats that voice. It's like a horror movie growing trunk.
Speaker 5: Every single weekly.
Speaker 8: We all adore our virgin.
Speaker 5: It puts a rose in every cheek.
Speaker 1: Alex wants it for you? What's in there? What's stuck in there? My father would only drink one beer and one b rally, and that was Tooey's New Tooe's Draft and the two's added.
Speaker 9: They'd always have sporting ads, so they had like Dennis Lillian one ad and then they had Gavin Miller, a former Cronulla Shark of the eighties. So I just loved and they had this jingle. You'll never forget it. I feel like a Tooe's.
Speaker 3: There it is.
Speaker 21: This is another classic iconic add but it's brilliant.
Speaker 1: It's a cheeky one. It's like, don't have one or two static eighties?
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: The Christian o'connall show, podcast.
Speaker 2: Or TV or radio jingle. Can you still remember maybe a Si Bananas one banger, big strong finish as well? That is a classic. What does it makes you feel good.
Speaker 8: It does alive.
Speaker 2: I'd amna all right.
Speaker 1: The station calls, well, good morning, welcome to the show.
Speaker 17: Good morning guys.
Speaker 11: How are we?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're good. Well, what's what's the advert that you can still remember.
Speaker 17: Aeroplane jelly?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yeah, go on the off you go?
Speaker 17: God, you sure about this? You're going to lose listeners.
Speaker 2: And then we did that ten minutes ago when Patsy starts singing, I mean, angels lose their wings when that happened, So.
Speaker 1: Don't worry.
Speaker 2: That's half the audience has already gone, so that they're all yours. Well you take the end of the rest of half.
Speaker 17: All right, I will do. I'd say it goes. I like aeroplane Jaye, aeroplane jay Lee for I like it for dinner. I like it futsie. Our little lead to day is a good recipe. The qualities high as the name. Will we imply it's made from pure pure One more good reason why I like Era playing Jelly Area playing Jally for me?
Speaker 2: Yay, I know it will. I'm going to send you a couple of prizes that, honestly, word for word, how many years old here it is? You did it better? Another classic technique, get an annoying sound, a little kid singing it. I preferred Will's voice. Well that's a great one, mate, thanks for doing that.
Speaker 1: Have a lovely day. Thanks you going the show.
Speaker 17: Cheer's my day.
Speaker 2: We got to know, let's try Jennifer, Jennifer, welcome to the show.
Speaker 12: Good morning, Good morning, Jennifer.
Speaker 2: Right, what is still in your head? What can you do now?
Speaker 12: This one won't be as well known because it's from like a northern New South Wales area, and it's from the eighties. Basket shop and it went like Abracaday ride on the highway west of Barron Bay, the biggest bunch of baskets under the sun, come in and say gooday. And I used to think, because I was a kid, that they were saying bastards.
Speaker 2: And I said, maybe we should do misheard adverts. How much money was there in baskets back in the day they could afford their own adverts.
Speaker 12: Well, it was Barren Bay, so.
Speaker 1: You know true, it would have been made with hemp, yep weed.
Speaker 2: Here's the western Barron Bay. That's it.
Speaker 1: Bangalo baskets.
Speaker 2: It does sound like bastards, bastards baskets. Hello, the biggest bunch of baskets.
Speaker 8: I only hear that now they're being scheeky.
Speaker 1: Yes they are.
Speaker 2: They knew what they were doing. It's only now we get the joke. It's had a real delayed effect decades later. The punchline, Jennifer, thank you very much for calling up for that one.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Time for Today's Time was stuff. Five hundred dollars up for grabs for the best time waster. We get the best in show thanks to a millionaire. Hot Seats seven o'clock a week nights on ten. Today, we're looking for your nervous bands. Apparently, get out of it. It's National Nerves Day. What does that mean?
Speaker 1: National Nerves Day?
Speaker 8: Rio made this and he wrote it yesterday.
Speaker 1: When he was sick.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A survey of two thousand Australians.
Speaker 2: This is interesting. A survey of two thousand Australians says revealed the top five everyday things that make us nervous.
Speaker 1: What do we think is in their team?
Speaker 5: Being late?
Speaker 1: Yes, oh god, I can't stand always early.
Speaker 2: Oh you are, Yeah, I can't stand being late for something.
Speaker 7: I feel like you're always about thirty minutes early to everything.
Speaker 1: It can be sometimes because you're ten or fifteen minutes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if we're having dinner together, you always message you like, guys, I'm here already.
Speaker 8: Yes, you want to pop down.
Speaker 1: And prefer to relax in the environment.
Speaker 2: Can't stand and get somewhere late. People don't respect that. In fact, your generation came and don't respect it. No, no, no, you don't. You're always late.
Speaker 8: Actually I am always like my part.
Speaker 2: Because actually Alex Pats and I were raised where if you didn't get there in time, your friends would just go without you. Yeah, because it was no light. You couldn't text her and go. Oh just running five minutes late. I just ran on the corner. Oh, traffic's bad? Oh is it? It's always the same, all right. The top five are trying to get out the back of a two door car.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, having.
Speaker 2: To parallel park while people watch, waiting for your card payment to process.
Speaker 8: Oh no, not if you know you have Oh oh god, no.
Speaker 1: I got card denied?
Speaker 2: Oh what three times on Saturday night and the lady serving me was still about what big fans of the show and she just had a selfie with me, And then tonight several times bright Red and the number one revolving door.
Speaker 1: Using a revolving door.
Speaker 2: It's not an everyday thing, is it?
Speaker 7: Second to that escalator trying to correctly? No way with your baggage.
Speaker 2: All right, nervous bands, panic at the doctor's silver, crowded waiting room.
Speaker 8: That's good gold.
Speaker 2: Midnight overthinking everyone, you know, those horrible midnight thoughts, the mortgage, the mortgage, rage against the self checkout machine. No, come on, if you know you know? Rage again? Yeah, but you're nervous? Or will it work? Get that young kid?
Speaker 1: He's asking me how many avocados?
Speaker 8: It's frustrating. I feel frustrating bands.
Speaker 7: I'd give you a gold, but it works, but.
Speaker 2: Think one eight two times during a job interview.
Speaker 1: I really like that. I'd love to work here.
Speaker 2: You we're terrible, All right, Mac, What have you got?
Speaker 1: The nervous bands?
Speaker 8: Okay, here I go.
Speaker 7: The antick monkeys are nervous tick the Arctic months. Oh yeah, sorry, I can't say they they're the anxious monkeys.
Speaker 1: You judge mine.
Speaker 8: Okay, Okay, I've got a better one.
Speaker 11: Here we go.
Speaker 1: You've just put the word anxious in front of someone. You must to say anxious. Anxious?
Speaker 7: Mac again, I need my Mum food and sons.
Speaker 1: It is so bad I have to give you a.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: That's really good, Matte god blush, Okay.
Speaker 8: My last one nine inch now by.
Speaker 1: Team Yeah, that's also good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: What are the Christian O'Connell show podcast?
Speaker 1: Five hundred dollars?
Speaker 2: So they time wasted today thanks to millionaire hot seat watching stream three seven o'clock weeknights on ten. Don't forget when you watch it tonight there'd be a question about it tomorrow morning. The first hour of the show. Get it right, you'll win one thousand dollars. Someone else can get it right tonight. You don't have to do any work. Just sit there, watch the show and win cash tomorrow morning. All right, time way, So are you ready to mark?
Speaker 8: I'm ready?
Speaker 2: On National Nerves Day, we're looking for your nervous bands, Thank you very much. Everyone's been texting them in anxious Morissette.
Speaker 8: Oh Silver good start.
Speaker 1: Yep, nervy varnav I.
Speaker 8: Tried to do something with Can you make it work? That's good Silver plus.
Speaker 2: Well done, Chris. The fidget Bengals not the fidget Spinners. Where are they now?
Speaker 1: Landfill?
Speaker 19: I really like that Bronz sweaty Vedda sweat well done, Dukes, Edgie, Shearon good silver.
Speaker 1: That's some Steve Simon and.
Speaker 2: Bar funkle bar funk Yeah, like bar we're all nervous, just throwing up gold.
Speaker 1: Anthony diarrhea.
Speaker 2: They're really nervous.
Speaker 1: Dive straight. It's got a big show. Not happy, not happy?
Speaker 2: Did I lock the front doors?
Speaker 1: The doors?
Speaker 2: Did I lock the front doors? That's so good. That's Alexander, well done, Little quiver.
Speaker 1: Band, Yes, gold earth Wind is that fire? That's very good?
Speaker 2: Lady yeh Na.
Speaker 1: Nervous. That's just Australia. Yeah, yeah, now you did it.
Speaker 2: Stomach and slip knots all good gold Weather, that's very good. Robert Sweaty, Palma, Lee Smith, well done, bricking it, Astley silver plus, chavunka great name. Tina and Wiena. She's nervous, Bronz. They're wanting to Tom Sweaty good simple silver and Xanax at the disco.
Speaker 8: Oh good silver plus.
Speaker 1: You're a very harsh marker.
Speaker 8: I am.
Speaker 2: I would have given way more girls. No, no, you are very very shy with the goals.
Speaker 8: Did about five?
Speaker 2: All right? So who is winning?
Speaker 1: Are giving anyone the money?
Speaker 2: We're keeping it out by and have a Shardi party.
Speaker 8: Good ones.
Speaker 7: I have to go to earth Wind and is hey, what is that?
Speaker 1: Who is that?
Speaker 2: Mark Webber, Mark Webber, Mark Webber? What the driver's got enough money saying it's his.
Speaker 1: Name, Mark Webber.
Speaker 2: What the driver is obviously getting ready for the F one and a couple of weeks time. Yeah, he's winning five hundred dollars. All right, we are back tomorrow. We run our time, but we will go back to these tomorrow. The TV and radio jingles, you can call us up live on the show and recite tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We're doing more of them tomorrow.
Speaker 2: So if you've got one, email me today and we call you back tomorrow morning. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. Don't forget throughout the day. I could be calling you and paying your bills very easy, there's no quiz. I'll just call you up, pay off your bills straight away. You just got to go to the Gold website. That's what it's called, the Goldwebsite dot com dot au. I could be calling you in the next couple of hours. Good luck, Thanks for joining us. We're back tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell Show Podcast